Page 6 of 6 
Username Post: **Please Delete**        (Topic#1579163)
tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to YourScrapAttack

JCI

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

• YourScrapAttack Said:
you cant get a dc on first class under 13 oz.

only if it is flat, if you put it in a bubble envie you can get dc

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie
In response to scrappinlilly

Karmax3 said she will remake the letters for the groups she's in, she just needs addresses. So if that's the route you want to go then PM her. (I will probably just go ahead and make my own-might be less of a headache for some). Heather has been overwhelmed with letters while trying to recover from surgery so I believe she is turning the swapping over to Toni. I apologize for all the troubles this swap has had. I think the end result is to have less # of words in the future and to be cautious when co-hosting.

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie
In response to Erin*and*Susie

Please pray for quick healing for Heather. I feel bad that she had to deal with all these packages, letters and everything while trying to recuperate after surgery. She is NOT by any means a flaker, and is still a great hostess. Toni will get these swapped out and have them out to you soon. I think Karma's package is MIA, she was only in a few groups. I apologize for all the confusion but I think right now the main objective is to get the letters that arrived swapped out. If there are any missing, I don't mind having to make a few of my own if it means getting this swapped wrapped up for the benefit of everyone. Hopefully most of you won't mind either. And in the Winter/Holiday round there will be some changes so that things don't get too overwhelming for us all. Hopefully most of you will still be willing to swap with me and Toni!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I've swapped with Heather many times and I know she's always very prompt and on-the-ball...I know she's not a flaker. I'm willing to wait a bit longer...these lotw swaps are worth it.

And I'll still be game for the next round.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to krispyb

Thanks Kris!

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to silver26AK

Jci

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to scrapbookingteacher

jci

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to squirmys mom

I've been preaching this in every LOTW swap...LOTWs are SO hard. It is very important to know what you are getting your self into and who you are dealing with in your swaps.

From my personal experience as a hostess, the more words, the harder the swapping process (that is a given) Also, the more words, the more people = the more flakers/problems.

I have done so many of these and even though it is exciting and folks are signing up and eager to get to work...it NEVER fails, something happens and it causes MAJOR stress on the hostess.

In addition to limiting and having a set amount of words (I recommend no more than maybe 20 MAX), you can also shorten the turn around time (to lets say 4 weeks) If you have TOO much time to disappear, then that is exactly what will happen. Also, if folks don't send then, as a hostess, I would either make the letters (a nice, neat generic version) or just send what you have back. I would rather have to make one letter than to wait on someone who probably didn't send or won't send.

You can also have folks check in and if they disappear, then reassign their letters.

This is going to be my last one this year. Probably last swap for the year as well. I wish you all good luck in all the upcoming swaps! Can't wait to get these back...I have a mini album that is imcomplete without these so I will be anxiously waiting!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to stopnstare07

Erin dont worry.. its just a shame that people sign up for stuff and dont follow through.. thats why we all have to warn each other if a "flaker" signs up for the swap.

Im not worried.. I asked heather to hold my letters to send back with 2 other swaps.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to ScrapAngel4

Ladies...can you please do me a favor? If you aren't already following my blog and would like to please go here Or click on the active link in my signature:

http://stopnstare4awhile.blogspot.com/

I will be giving away scrappy goodies from my stash at the end of the month. All you have to do is COMMENT on my "What are you thankful for" entry tomorrow. I will randomly pick someone and send them a RAK! The more folks to comment, the more RAKS I will give out!

Thanks, in advanced, for helping me out!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to i heart scrapping

JCI, I'm fine with waiting and know that Heather is doing her best with a hard swap and post surgery.....

mleehm 
Resident
In response to pennysan

Jci

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to mleehm

Ladies they are all postal some went out yesterday the rest just went out. Now ladies there were some missing letters I was going to make them but it was just to many and I did not want to hold this up any more.

This was hard because it went through 3 hands the next one will only go thorough one set of hands. I hope you all will join in the next one with us. I really love this swap!! It will be better next time round. Any one have an issue please let me know.

I have been swapping with Heather for a year and never had a problem. I am amazed she tried to do this swap so close to her surgery. She needs more time to heal. The surgery she had was very hard on her mentally and physically. She is a wonderful hostess!!! I for one will continue to swap with her!!!!!!!!!! She is in NO WAY A FLAKER!!!!!!!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to tcletoaddison

Some of you did not send return postage so I will send you a pm and you can paypal me. Thanks

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

• tcletoaddison Said:
I have been swapping with Heather for a year and never had a problem. I am amazed she tried to do this swap so close to her surgery. She needs more time to heal. The surgery she had was very hard on her mentally and physically. She is a wonderful hostess!!! I for one will continue to swap with her!!!!!!!!!! She is in NO WAY A FLAKER!!!!!!!

*like*

I don't think anyone's claimed she was, have they?

I have a friend that just joined sb.com and will probably be interested in doing the next round

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

Toni... I had asked Heather to send my with a DC and let me know if I needed to send more money.
By any chance, did you include a DC on my package.
If so, Do I owe you more money?

Were the extra letters sent back to us as well?

momof2g1b
Veteran
momof2g1b

I can only imagin the time it must take to swap these out. Thank you to all involved! I'll defiantly do it again...I used a Lotw for the first time this weekend and it turned out great.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to momof2g1b

Whewwwww Ladies they are all in the MAIL!!!!! You ladies did some beautiful work!! I enjoyed looking at all the letters. The photos do not do the letters justice. Next time I have to have a letter in each word just so I can keep a set they were so pretty. I know you will enjoy them when you receive them. The Bridal were so beautiful. Love the work put into each letter.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

I'm one of those without postage I told Heather I'd mail it then it was all up in the air and I just didn't get it mailed. Message me and I'll paypal you. Thank you so much for getting this huge swap done Toni!!! You're amazing Thank you Erin for keeping us all together!!! You're amazing too!

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie
In response to RN2007

YAY! Thank you Toni and Heather for helping through this. I'm taking Henva's, Marsha's and Heather's advice for the next round= less words! I will wait until next week to open the other round. Hopefully packages will start to come in by then. The next round won't be due until mid January so the holidays won't get in the way too much. Thanks again for everyone who helped and was patient throughout the whole process!!

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie
In response to krispyb

• krispyb Said:
  • tcletoaddison Said:

*like*

I don't think anyone's claimed she was, have they?

I have a friend that just joined sb.com and will probably be interested in doing the next round

No one that I know of said she was, but she felt bad having to pass the letters to Toni because of her health. But we all know that a person's health, well-being, life and family come before any of the swapping. Heather just mentioned to Toni and I that she didn't want anyone to think of her as flaking and we are just confirming and want others to know that she is not considered a flaker in any of this.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

Oh, goodie. I am using the bridal words as part of a wedding present.

momof2g1b
Veteran
momof2g1b

Mine came today and although I haven't had a chance to look at them real close, what I see are fantastic! Thanks again everyone.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to momof2g1b

I received mine today.

I have some extra letters so if anyone is missing any of the following letters, I would be more than happy to send them to you:

U - Autumn
B- Boo
K - Wicked (2 of them)
F & A - Football
P & I - Pumpkin (2 I's)
W - Halloween
I & D - Hayride

Thanks for the great letters ladies

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Yay. Glad words are being received. Thanks for letting us know of extra letters Squirmy'sMom. That may be helpful. I know it was difficult for Heather and Toni to keep track of some due to not having some full words, and I think some letters were duplicated and some bags weren't labelled properly. All which are things that make the swapping confusing. If I have extras, I will be willing to mail those to anyone that may need them too. I'm just happy that you ladies are starting to receive your items

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to silver26AK

Got mine today.. greart job ladies!

im going to figure out how to send you money (toni) for postage through paypal.. havent done it in awhile! lol

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Got mine today! Awesome again!

Have a couple extra's also, but I think they're mine sent back from the non-sender.

g- college x2

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to krispyb

I also got 2 sets of School group 1 and none of group 2. If anyone got group 2 instead of their group and wants to trade it with me, let me know...otherwise I'm fine with these two as I was giving them to a friend who makes duplicate books for her young girls, so them being the same wouldn't matter.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to krispyb

Received mine today; thank you Erin, Heather, and Toni. Great team work; fabulous words!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to i heart scrapping

I sent back extra letters to you of words that were missing letters. I thnik everyone will end up with extra letters. Some one asked if I was sending back the extras so I made sure to send them back.

Edited by tcletoaddison on 11-09-12 05:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

i received. i have AN EXTRA E for college if anyone needs it. message me if you need it.

does anyone have any extra L's for college? i didnt get either one.

signing off. please let me know when the new one is open.

thanks heather, erin, toni and everyone else for this swap.

Edited by YourScrapAttack on 11-09-12 01:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

i sent you your postage money Toni.. tysm for covering it!

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

Got my letters.

all4ty
all4ty 
Diva
all4ty
In response to scrapbookingteacher

got mine, thanks Erin, Heather and Toni!

Kris, I got 2 of one of the sets of school. I'll pm you about swapping.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to all4ty

Got mine, they look great! Big thank you too our hostesses!!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to RN2007

All4ty and I had the same set....so if anyone got a school group 2 and was suppose to get a 1, message me...otherwise I'm perfectly fine keeping what I got.

Signing out!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson
In response to krispyb

got mine thank you everyone!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to molson

Got mine! Beautiful work ladies!

mleehm 
Resident
In response to Faithscrapper

Wonderful letters...best swaps I've received so far...thanks everyone...signing off, Mary

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly
In response to krispyb

• krispyb Said:
All4ty and I had the same set....so if anyone got a school group 2 and was suppose to get a 1, message me...otherwise I'm perfectly fine keeping what I got.

Signing out!

I will msg both of you I got 4 of the same group so if anyone has 2 of the same and wants a different one I will have another one that I will swap, I also got somethings that were wrong on mine but I don't have the list with me I got themon sat but just finally had time to go threw them this is what I know for sure I have

I have 2 words that I have a whole extra set, I think it was pumpkin and spooky

boo-I got someone elses instead of mine I didn't make any of the letters in the set but if someone don't want to mess with switching it is fine I have 2 different sets so I am fine either way

boo- I have 2 b's (one I made and one someone else made) and no o so if someone has 3 o's and no b I have it, if not I will make a o

haunted-I have an extra n I have the whole word so either someone is missing it or I made an extra

I am missing g-groom and n-thankful( I made this one so I can make another no problem)

I think there is others but I don't have the list with me right now

I am fine with what I have if noone wants to hassle with it but will send extras and/or switch 2.....I am just happy to get them back, I really like these swaps tyvm for hosting

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to krispyb

• krispyb Said:

Signing out!

I was in 2 school groups, but got back the same letters. However, one group is incomplete, so I don't know if that will help.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Got my letters...they look great! I, too, got back incomplete words or extra letters, but I can fix that easily!

I will be posting some of the completed groups on my blog. If you aren't already following me and wouldn't mind, please do! I am currently running a "contest" where all you have to do is comment to be entered. The more comments, the more RAKs I will give out.

See you ladies around...taking a break to plan my wedding. Its been a pleasure swapping with everyone!

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie

Ok, glad these are being received. Thanks everyone for hanging with us through all this. I think I have the first page updated for who has received letters back. I think just Penny, Linda, Marmalene, Susie J and myself are the only ones left waiting. So I will see what sets I have and let you know if I can swap a letter or set with anyone.

*** I will get the new LOTW round up either tonight or tomorrow***

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Ok ladies. Since this swap is wrapping up, I have opened the new swap. I updated the lists/rules so that hopefully it's more clear to new comers. I also made a SIZE REQUIREMENT CHANGE for longer words (I hope it will help some of the longer words fit onto layouts better). So take a look at that if you join. Hope to see you over there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/15/ti...

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

please mark mine received. I received them last week, and they are awsome!
Marilyn "Susie J"

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to SusieJ782

Haven't gotten anything back yet. Still waiting.....

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to pennysan

Got my letters. Wonderful work everyone!! Thank you Erin and Heather for hosting!!

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie
In response to pennysan

Awesome Susie and Penny. Glad you got them. The other swap is open if you want more LOTW. I think this one will go smoother and it's not due until after the Holidays.

I'm still waiting on mine but hopefully they will arrive soon. I haven't gotten the mail yet today so maybe they're in my mailbox.

Off to update the front......

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie

Ok. Just waiting on Linda's, Marmalene's and mine

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie

Ok. Hoping that the last 2 ladies receive theirs or have received them and then check in soon so I can close this out.

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie

Well I've PMed Linda and Marmalene, they never got back to me. I hope they received their letters. I assume that if they didn't, they would have contacted me. I'm still waiting on mine but Toni did mail them, so they will either show up or be MIA. Anyway, I'm going to close this out next week. So if anyone has anything else to post or ask, now would be the time

Erin*and*Susie
Resident
Erin*and*Susie

Ok. I'm officially calling this swap closed. I never heard if Linda or Marmalene got their letters, but I PMed them weeks ago and they still haven't responded. Hope that they did receive their words. Thanks ladies!!

Page 6 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics