Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Welcome to the August edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Stacey for hosting July!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

September...Donna
October...Cheryl
November...Cathe
December ...

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

And now for those of us that want a monthly sketch, I found this one at Pagemaps under October 2010. Have fun!
Pagemap Sketch Oct 2010 By Abby0317

Edited by Abby0317 on 08-01-12 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Also, since Mandi requested someone step in for her for Sept hostess I am asking if we can have any volunteers for that or any other of the remaining months.
Thanks...T.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Thanks for hosting July Stacey and thanks Terry for taking care of (OMG) August. Where is the time going???? There are only 146 shopping days left until Christmas. Just putting that out there

I'll take September

I wish I lived closer to the beach-we're about an hour away. I'd definitley go more if I were closer

DOO..I had made this for the July Cricut Challenge. Had SUCH a hard time with my mojo in July

Tattoos HURT By DittoBabyGirl

Have an awesome Tuesday!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Stacey - Thanks for hosting July!!

Terry - Thanks for hosting August. Since Donna volunteered for September, I will take October. I LOVE the sketch you picked for us. Can't wait to use it.

Donna - I guess if I was an hour away from the beach I wouldn't spend ALL my time there.

I can't believe it is August already!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! I'm here!

Thanks for hosting July Stacey and Terry for August.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good Morning!!
Thanks Donna & Cheryl, I'll add your names in a sec.
I love pagemaps too...there's so much to choose from and just in case anyone doesn't know, if you go to their website and click on the archives then Oct 2010, you can see an example of the sketch done up.I'm hoping to be able to get one done too!!!
How are you feeling today Anna?

The saga continues with FIL--or should I say drama? DH talked to his sister yesterday and needless to say she was shocked & furious. All this "supposedly affair" is nothing but hurtful and she agrees. Apparently last week FIL was at her house and told her --again out of the blue--that only the oldest son was worth anything and that sil & dh were totally worthless. Poor sil just got up and left the room. Isn't this man just a f??king shining example of what you don't want to become????? I've seen DH cry 3 times in 39 yr--his fav uncle died, I was told about the cancer, and last night when he just couldn't answer the "why" question.

I thank you all for letting me vent & rant because it would eat me up!

Have a really good --hopefully beautiful--Tuesday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - that is what we are here for as well as scrapping. Sometimes it is easier to vent with your "online friends" than real friends. We don't judge we just listen. So sorry your dh is growing through this!!

I am staying with my grandmother this morning while my mom has her other eye surgery today. My parents should be back around 1. Priscilla and I are going to go get her car and grab some lunch while we are out.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

I think Cheryl has summed things up very well.....we are friends, we don't judge, we just listen.

Hugs Terry! I am so sorry your DH is dealing with this. What happened to his father to make him so mean and bitter, if you don't mind me asking? Is just seems so odd after all of these years that he would dump this on your DH.

I did go back to the doctor yesterday. Two more antibiotics and a steroid shot. I can tell a big difference today. Doctor said I did not have whooping cough. However, he does feel that I have Laryngopharyngeal reflux (EERD). I read up on it and while I don't have asthma, I certainly have a lot of the other symptoms especially the coughing. If the new meds do not provide substantial relief within a few days, then he is going to order some tests but he feels like I should see a huge improvement. Thanks for the well wishes. Cheryl, if you can add anything about EERD, please feel free to do so.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Anna C

Hi, everyone!

Happy August!

Terry: I agree that the only purpose to waht your FIL said was to hurt your husband. I can't believe he said that! Yeah, vent away: we will listen and understand.

Cheryl: Hope you have fun with your grandma!

Anna: Really hope you see the huge improvement that your doctor thinks you will see!

Not much going on with me. I have an appointment tomorrow with the volunteer coordinator at a nursing home. Even though I won't get to volunteer as a CNA, there is a volunteer position that would be good for me. I would spend time with residents, run Bingo games, etc. It will be something I can sell: many apps ask people waht experience they have working with the elderly population. They are looking for something more than job experience. It would be nice to have something to put there. And, since I don't have a job, why not volunteer?

DOO:
Portraits of Love By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

ACU2H

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hello August thread and thanks to all our hostesses with the most..eses.

chime in if you got that.

What a nasty old guy, Terry....some folks just want to bring every one down...misery loves company. Hope he makes peace before it is too late.

The store Roni is going to work at starts training tomorrow. The store is being re-outfitted and so training needs to be held elsewhere and they couldn't find a hotel or some place nearby to hold the training (2 weeks) so she has to go to Emeryville for at least a week, which is about a half hour away which wouldn't be too bad except she is just getting used to driving on the freeway and this will take her right through one of the worst interchanges in the bay area...in order to get home she will have to cross 5 lanes of rush hour traffic and if she doesn't get over she will end up in San Francisco. VIcki and I are taking her tomorrow so she can see how to get there and we are gonna hang around in Berkeley (Scrapbook Territory!!!yay (I'm sure Vicki will have me out of there in no time flat) and breakfast at Betty's which was featured on that tv show Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and then we will go to IKEA and then if there is time Fishermans Wharf in SF...and then back to pick up Miss Roni at 4:30. Next day I am going with Roni while she drives there and then I will go pick her up and let her drive back...hopefully she will make a friend to share the driving....Needless to say I am 10 times more worried than Roni. She has never driven on the freeway in rush hour traffic and she has no experience changing lanes on a busy freeway...this will be trial by fire.
Well that was long.

Good luck Kim

Hope this new round of meds works finally Anna.

I'm an hour or so away from the beach but seldom go even though I love the ocean....just sitting there watching the waves break and listening to it is wonderful and relaxing...but I HATE sand in my toes and shoes and clothes and car.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - I would be so worried about that drive too!! I LOVE sand between my toes and all the sounds that go with the ocean.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

ME too--Love the beach but unlike most people I like it when its stormy. Of course up here there aren't many warm beach days!! When I was 19 & lived in Kauai the beach was a whole different fun place to hang out. Great memories!!

Hope the volunteer work helps Kim. It sounds like what everyone goes thru at first. Need a job, all they want is experience, so where to start. Good luck tho!

Thanks for everything everyone. I truly think he's mad at the world and is hating his life alone so we are all going to end up being slammed somehow. He's always been a nasty old fart, never showed loved to anyone except his wife, and he couldn't tell you the names of his great grandchildren let alone grandkids. Best way to deal with this is to let it go.

Anna--EERD? Wow...I thought that had to do with the stomach like acid reflux. I need to go google!!!

Hope Cathe, Stacey, Denise, etc find us. And just why is there such strange numbers etc on the title. I didn't do that!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Ok, I think I fixed the title....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Dropping off:

funny, silly, good times By Cdjohnson

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, everyone:

DOO and BBL!

Grandpa, I heart you By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Also, since Mandi requested someone step in for her for Sept hostess I am asking if we can have any volunteers for that or any other of the remaining months.
Thanks...T.

I have no idea what hosting entails or how you put stuff on the first page, but if it isn't hard i could take a month.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

I'm watching the Olympics.

ACU2H

Thanks Stacey for hosting July and Terry taking this month. I'd sure miss all of you if this thread disappeared!

Catch everyone tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Just finished watching Mirror, Mirror with my family. I turned the Olympics on and their is going to be more gymnastics so I will probably stay up and watch it.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

I love the beach when it storms too Terry. What I don't like is dodging lightening bolts. And Florida IS the lightening capital of the world. One of the best times I EVER had at the beach was a weekend in Daytona. The first day we got there it was storming like crazy. There were guys renting 4 wheelers on the beach-due to the rain they gave them to us for 1/2 price. We were the only ones on the beach and rode for about 2 hours in the POURING rain. It was SO much fun!

Cathe...hosting is easy. You copy and paste the info above...then just do what you normally do. Post away

I'm happy to say my basil is back. It IS the talking that makes them perk up. I had stopped talking to them...they got all wilted. I started talking to them again and now they are growing like wildfire! At least someone around here doesn't mind my yapping lol

Anna-glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope the shots and antibiotics kill whatever it was

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning! Another busy day here. I need to CLEAN, register daughter for school at 12:30, and then keeping Ryan from 2:30-3:30. I'll be checking back in later today.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Terry, EERD is similar to GERD but not quite as bad from what I have been reading. Of course, his diagnosis isn't official because I haven't had the light put down my throat....yet.

Jeannie, hope things go well for Roni. Like you, I would worried sick about her driving on the freeway.

And I love everything about the beach. Wish I lived closed to one. I haven't been to the beach in about ten years but would love to go...DH hates the beach.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cathe--why don't I sign you up for Nov and we will all help you. As Donna said it's really simple and with this group there isn't any monitoring or bad stuff. If you decide not to just let us know...and it's ok if you do!

Donna--we don't really get the lightening here but now what seems to be a problem is some debris from the tsunami in Japan is just now hitting the shores here. We also get whales washing on shore and weird stuff.

Cheryl--have fun! I so need a fun day! Keeping a little one was always fun and tiring too.

Anna--I hope you don't have that. I did google it up and read a bit about it. What I didn't get was does is slowly come on or just hit like a brick? I hope that you don't have that and just a terrible cold!!!!

Jeannie--Freeway driving in SF? OMG that is one of the scariest things ever!!!! We were going to Morgan Hill in 2006 and went 100 miles out of our way to avoid SF rush hour traffic. Wise move! Hope she does ok --- is there a transit bus or something she could take?

I'm in that mode (and they do this all the time to me at work) where I have to work 11 or 12 hr a day to make the deadline because they give me the information late. So ladies have a great one....

Edited by Abby0317 on 08-01-12 06:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, everyone:

JCI and BBL. I am off to go to the nursing home to meet with the volunteer coordinator. When I get back, I will catch up on chat and lovins.

doo:
9th grade naivete By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU2H

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Morning!

Whales wash up on shore by you Terry? Awww I can see me wanting to take one home with me lol

I agree with Anna and Cheryl-vent away!

So how did things go with the volunteer postion Kim?

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

still waiting on my new computer
this one keep poping out or crashing it suck big time miss all the chatter and layouts and cards
donna thank you for the diecut i love spellbinders and the card is beautiful wish i had taken my time unwrapping it the xmas paper was nice could have use that
it so hot here that i just go out to ckeck on my plants my grass and tree look dead all burn up just hope they all come back,no new neighbor yet but still plenty of work still going on plus we getting new street lights they are almost on my street will take picture when they get here,will try to get back on later today when this computer cool off or stop crashing

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to tealbrand

Glad you liked the Spellbinger Mel

I hope you get your new computer soon-we miss you!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Hi Mel! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Hello to everyone else here!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

OK Donna, I will take November as host. If I'm in a panic...I'll call Cheryl. LOL

Anna my dh was a swimmer and likes the beach and pool. It was one reason I was drawn to him.
Hope you don't have anything like Gerd or EERD.

Jeannie maybe your dd could take driving lessons. Just a thought. But she probably doesn't have time with the new job.

Mel hope your computer holds up sure miss you.

Kim hope the volunteering gig goes well and helps you get a job.

Hi to all better go get something done.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

D2O...TFL!

***FUNTOOLAS*** HAY By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS***Kate By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning Ladies!!!

Yeah Donna about once a year some water critter floats ashore sometimes just banks there other times just gone. One year there was a baby shark and mama was patrolling as close as she could. Not good for tourism!!!

I think Jeannie asked about the DWTS line-up. I can't wait...what a crew! I'd spend hours & hours watching Gilles dance!!!

Off to work...

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, all!

Today is Mark's birthday; he's 48. An age-related change he is experiencing is that his vision is not perfect like it used to be. He can't read stuff up close without help. This really bugs him, and bifocals are hard for him to get used to. I am 41 (will be 42 at the end of this month), and I wear glasses, but I have had time to adjust to them. I've been wearing glasses for several years now.

Mel: so sorry about your computer problems!

Jeannie: I, too, would be concerned about the driving in San Francisco!

Terry: It's too bad that you have to work longer hours b/c no one was prepared enough to give you info earlier! My mom used to always say, "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!"

Cathe: Thanks for volunteering to host!

the volunteer job is going well. I have an "appointment" today to play Yahtzee with a resident, then there is manicures at 3 that they want me to help with. Manicures? I know nothing about giving manicures; we'll see how it goes!

DOO and BBL to catch up on lovins.
Maria By Jaspernonyx

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone!

Today was my 2nd day volunteering at the nursing home. I was supposed to help with manicures, but when I got there, my boss pulled out the supplies and LEFT ME ALONE! Ladies started coming in! I explained that it has been over 20 years since I painted fingernails. They were very understanding, and I think I did an OK job.

We were going to get a game of Yahtzee going, but we couldn't find the game. When we found it, we saw the dice were gone. I am bringing in my own yatzee tomorrow. And there are some residents that want me to read to them. Tomorrow is tie-dying. That should be fun. Then on Saturday it's Bingo. That's another thing that I am supposed to HELP with--hope they don't leave me all by myself! I can pretty much work as many or as few hours as I want.

Everybody must be busy--there's no post since the one I did this morning.

Take care, everyone!

Kim

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Mel - so sorry you don't have your new computer yet. We MISS YOU!!!

Kim - Sounds like you are doing well volunteering at the nursing home.

ACU2H

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi everyone. I haven't been on much. Vicki and I spent most of yesterday in Emeryville which is just on the east side of the SF Bay Bridge. We didn't go into the city and nor does Roni have to drive there...the problem is the approach to the bridge and the several freeways that meet there and her having to cross over several lanes to get to the correct one...it is even scary for me and I've been driving 50 years almost..gosh that sounds weird since I'm only 39 (BIG laugh). So yesterday, after we dropped of Roni, we went to Scrapbook Territory after a breakfast at Betty's cafe (banana rum soufle). We had to go home after that and then drove all the way back to pick up Roni...then came home again and out to dinner with dh to Johnny Garlics...great restaurant but a bit pricey. Today we went to see Batman and then we went to Ikea. I have never been to Ikea....one could get lost there and never be seen again.
Thanks for everyone's concern..and Cathe Roni has her license and drives but just not used to having to drive in thick rush hour traffic because she just hasn't had to.
Terry, FREEWAY driving in SF isn't as bad as driving on surface streets there. It is scary.
BTW...I spent only 10 bucks at Scrapbook Territory (patting self on back). saving myself for when Katy and I go in less than two weeks.
Cheryl I thought Mirror Mirror was good...loving all the takes on old fairy tales lately.....one of the previews today was OZ which looks to be the story of how the wizard got there...before there was a Dorothy...looks good...as does the new Superman.
Has anyone seen the movie preview to or heard of the novel Cloud Atlas....dd2s beau showed me the preview..and it looks really good...so I ordered the book on my Kindle. It is 6 interconnected stories in one about people meeting up again and again through history...hard to explain since that is only an impression but it looks good
Trailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s
Oh Donna we seldom see lightning...maybe one or two storms a year..and not very often the forked kind...usually the whole sky lights up...pretty cool but I'd be scared to be out in it...do many folks get struck?

Oh the Olympics are on....and baseball...oh there just aren't enough hours....no time to scrap!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!! Thought I would check in real quick before getting my day started. A have laundry and grocery shopping to do.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Kim, hope Mark had a great bday! Sounds like you are doing well with your volunteer position.

Have a great day ladies!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Nothing new here or exciting either. Will be out of town until Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hello, everyone:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Not much going on here: JCI and BBL.

DOO:
Once upon a time, James and I had 3 sisters By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU2H . . . think I am going to digi scrap while I watch men's beach volleyball USA vs. Italy

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Theme Park By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

acu2h

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Dropping off:

A girl and her dog By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Kim I think you are a blessing to the elderly. I don't think they cared that you weren't a manicurist. I bet they just liked their nails painted. Hope Mark had a nice birthday.

Hope all of you are doing fine.

Jeannie I am patting you on the back for not spending much. I'm going to the Scrap Expo on the 24th. Last year it wasn't all that great, but I always find stuff to buy.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

We are having potluck at work tomorow. I have Smores' Brownies in the oven and, of course, I am making a second pan for my hubby. He is so spoiled!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Today at the nursing home, I played Yahtzee with one resident and read to others. It was fun. One of the people I read to is unresponsive, but they still think she likes to be read to. I read inspiring stories out of the Guideposts magazines that are in the activity room.

Cathe: thank you so much for your kind words. I'm with you: I don't think the ladies cared yesterday whether I knew what I was doing or not. It is just a social time, and they do like getting their nails painted. Not one of them complained about me!

Cheryl: I love potlucks. Your S'mores sound yummy! I am very predictabe in what I bring: I throw a couple of packages of Little Smokies in the crock pot with barbeque sauce. It is very, very easy--and people seem to like them. I have been kicking around the idea of digi scrapping.

Mel: miss you!

I went to Archiver's today after volunteering. I told myself I could spend $40, and at first I spent $35. Then I went back in and spent $6.99 on a "Year-o-Graphy" 6X6 paper pack that I just HAD to have! So, I went a little over budget. I got some really cool stuff! I refrained from buying Graphic 45's "Little Darling" collection, which I have wanted for a long time. That would have been 1/2 my budget right there. I also got some Christmas stuff--I have about 6 Christmas cards made so far.

Hello and good evening to everyone! Off to play with my new stuff!

Kim

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off one more for tonight:

Springtime By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

G'morning!

Ugh...just not natural to get up at 4:30 am. On the bright side...I get off at 6:00 and we're going to the outlet! I'm gonna hit up Kate Spade and Dooney. Hubby's been promising me a bag and its time to pay up

Kim-its so sweet for you to give your time to volunteer. I'm sure it means the world to the people you are spending time with

Cathe...enjoy the expo! I was gonna go to the one in Orlando this past May-but got a Cricut Imagine instead. Maybe next year

Can you believe I have not been scrappy shopping (with the exception of the gift card trip)since 5/24??? I see they have free shipping here today...

Have a great one ladies!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Just dropping one off real quick. I am off to play Bingo with the residents. Hope everyone has a great day! BBL.

mom's friends By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Donna you won't see this until much later,,but have fun at the outlet mall. Good for you for saving your money. I bought 5 sheets of cardstock at Hobby lobby yesterday.

Kim did you have a coupon at Archiver's? I also spent $40. there last Tuesday. I refrained from buying Graphic 45 Halloween collection. I'm making that album for my niece with my left over Lullaby collection. I needed a few more sheets of 12x12 but they only had the big pkg. so I bought the 6x6 pak with my coupon. BUT i really screwed up. I should have gotten a Lucky 8 punch with the coupon. Oh well.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I get e-mail coupons from Archiver's all the time, but I don't have a printer so I can't print them out. I told that to the lady who rang me up, but she did not give me a discount. I never read those e-mails from Archiver's because I seldom go there, tho it's one of my favorite places. It's just too dang far across town.

I know what you mean about only wanting a few sheets from a collection. I would have bought about 3 or 4 from G45's "Little Darlings."

Donna: hope you snagged a lot of bargains at teh outlet mall. Thanks for your kind words about me volunteering: tho I love to do it, it's not just all out of the goodness of my heart. The plan is to gain some kind of experience working with elderly folks. Many applications ask prospective CNAs to list any experience working with the elderly, and they are looking for more than just work experience. so it would be nice to have something to write there.

I walked home from the nursing home today, because the bus I need only runs every two hours on Saturday. I thought I could be home by then. The trip took 2 1/2 hours, but I stopped by Walmart on the way: I was only going to use the bathroom and look at what they had for embellies. Well, $17 later, I am home...

There's a Target really close to our apartment, but i swear they have been carrying the same stuff for 3 years (I've been scrapping for 3 years, and it all looks like the same stuff I used to buy there!) I'm tired of all their stuff. There's also a Tuesday Morning within walking distance (about 2 blocks); I go in every week (just about) to see what they have. the lady told me thier truck comes on wednesday, and they usually have it all unloaded thursday or friday. Well, I went there because I need page protectors. It occured to me that TM would be teh place to get it. I can get those scrapbooking kits (K and Company) for 6.99. I need albums, too, so I thought I would get tehm at TM instead of paying $10 for a pack of protectors at Target. You don't get as much choice in album designs, but I found one I really like for 7.99. It's a 3-ringer. So I got the book AND 10 page protectors for 7.99. One time, and I am not kidding, I got a collection of Christmas-y metal embellishments for NINE CENTS! I love going to TM! I never went until just this past year. In fact, I hated TM. I used to handle their callers trying to order stuff. It was like, "no, that's all sold out." "so is that." Basically, everything any one would want or need they couldn't get. Very frustrating for the customer AND me! Left a bad taste in my mouth for TM.

Ok, enough babbling. I am off to play with my new stuff!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Kim

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

dropping 2 off:
For every joy that passes, beauty remains p. 2 By Jaspernonyx
For every joy that passes, beauty remains p. 1 By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

In from work and checking in. ACU2H. I'll be back again tomorrow evening after work.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Kim our Tues. Morning hasn't had anything lately.
Our Target got rid of so much of their scrapbook stuff--I think they all did. I walk thru the isle, but you're right, it is all the same. The did start carrying Smash stuff, but I don't like it.

Hi Cheryl-so glad you are feeling better.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

All we have is a JoAnne's and they are carrying all kinds so smash stuff right now. I'm not really into that. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby near by!

Kim, I hope your volunteering puts you one step closer to employment.

Laters!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

DOO...

Life's A Beach By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

DOAO...

Bright Sunshiny Day By Anna C

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good afternoon!

DOO...

Nonny and the Boys By DittoBabyGirl

Can you believe I didn't get ANYthing at the outlet yesterday? I went into 4 stores (Kate Spade, Dooney, Coach and Michael Kors) didn't see not one bacg that I liked Oh well...just not meant to be

I see alot of those smash books too Anna. I love the idea of them but just not my thing. I think those would be really cute for a teenage girl though

I really wish people would stop asking me to make them stuff and assuming that I have all this free time to just whip up things. This girl I'm friends with at work says to me last week...so Donna, how long does it take you to make a scrapbook? I said...about 6 months with the way I scrap. Then she goes...oh-we're going back to Germany in November and I thought it would be really cool to take them a scrapbook of our last trip. I know she wanted ME to make it for her. So I said well...I can show you how to scrap and if you buy kits I bet you can get one done before you go. Her tone changed and she was like yeah, I'll see. The SAME girl asked me yesterday if I had a Cricut. So I said yes, why? She goes..well I want this wall mural for my husband and the place I hired to do it is taking forever. So I said...yup- a wall mural would take forever to make due to the size of it. I said it would take me twice as long. I think she got the hint. It makes me feel so awkward when my friends just assume that I can whip them up scrapbooks just cause I like to scrap. I actually hate scrapping for someone else...too much pressure-then its not fun Ok...enough ranting. Hope ya'll are enjoying your Sunday!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Good Sunday!! Boy am I behind...just been really busy.

So Donna what did you get?

Our Tuesday Morning never seems to have anything I go looking for (given up on ever finding scrapcrap there) but I always come away with something/s I never knew I needed. I am sick of Michaels...same old same old...good for other crafts though...same with Joann. Thank goodness I can get to Scrapbook Territory in a half hour...and I shop here at SB a lot.

Here is a layout I did last night and this morning using this months sketch.
Cute By Dollscrap

Donna your last post and mine were posted at the same time.
Feel free to rant...I'd feel awkward too....the only books I ever made were my idea and I wanted to do them. If someone wants me to make one they will have to pay...it is insulting for them not to offer to pay...or to just think you'd actually LOVE to do it for fun.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Hi!

Vent away, Donna! And I so agree with you. I don't like to make scrapbooks for others either. Two reasons: 1. I am a slow scrapper. 2. Just like you said, it is too much pressure and then it is no longer fun. I so totally agree with you, Donna.

Jeannie, I agree with you too. JoAnn's has the same old stuff! I will be so glad when our store gets some new papers!

Night all!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU2H

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, ladies:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I actually like making books for others--any excuse to scrap! But with me it is just family and friends. I know they appreciate the hard work. I don't charge anything for these cause I did them on my own initiative and they were gifts. I have never had anyone else ask me to do one, but I have already decided that the charge would be $300. But my "competition" is the programs at Walgreen's and Target that let people put together custom scrapbooks for around $60. Next time someone asks you to do one for them, you can tell them about these programs (which actually allow even non-artists to create beautiful books--10 pages front and back, just like a scrapbook). you can explain that it would be faster & cheaper to do it that way. If the person wants a hand-made book, they should pay for it. $300 is a fair price, IMHO.

Everyone have a good night!

Kim

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Jeannie, I saw a commercial on tv here last night for Ikea. So I guess there is one around here somewhere. Probably 2 hours away like Hobby Lobby and Michaels.....

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Anna C

Happy Monday, everyone!

DOO:
Beauty at the Fair By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

good morning!

People who believe in the power of prayer: please add my niece Jill to your list. She is pregnant and not due until Nov. Her water broke last night. They are out in the Portland Or. area and we are waiting for an update. Thanks

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!

Will keep your niece in my prayers Cathe

That's a good idea Kim! I'll send them to Walgreens lol I'm sure once they hear $300 they'll want to do it themselves lol $300 is a fair price though...considering eac book has 20 pages and it takes me about 6 hours to do each page. If I were to charge $10 an hour that would be &
$60 a layout x 20 = $1200!

Taking Patrick to Sushi Ninja today. Mmmm....Love their sushi!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Good morning! ACU for now!!
Donna-- I think for those ladies who think you can & will whip them out a sb, I'd tell them: "You know scrapping is a personal thing so that is why I don't scrap for others." That would be to the point & hopefully not hurtful. I can't believe you girl...Dooney, M Kors, Coach and you didn't find a purse. Had to laugh cuz I would have bought 10!!!
Kim-- I think its wonderful that you are volunteering there & helping. I know when my grandma was in one the amount of older people who never saw their families was amazing. Made me cry. And even when you do get a job maybe you'll go back and help out when you can. BTW..I also love that saying but when it concerns a paycheck but more important more work to get I have to ignore it!!!!
Cathe-- I hope your neice will be ok. I'll keep her in my thoughts so please keep us updated too.
Anna-- Gorgeous LOs. I am questioning the wisdom of being in a kit club right now. I just have stacks and I'm not getting anything done.
Jeannie-- I thought your LO was with the new G45 line of Asian prints. I"m waiting --not so patiently--for that to come out!!! Was that your entry to the sketch this month?

Off to work-- everyone take care!

Edited by Abby0317 on 08-06-12 07:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hello. Checking in and catching up!

We got DD and DSIL moved. I had to wait for the person measuring the windows for blinds to come, then I had to wait for them to come back and install them. Next, is DISH network installers on Thursday I think it is. In the meantime, DS graduated from Sam Houston University with his BBA degree on Saturday. We hosted a party for him at Fridays. MMM - those pretzel breadsticks are delish. DD and granddaughters are here for his graduation. They will stay thru the middle of the week.

I am ACU but there were at least two LOs that would not open, I tried several times to get them to open, sorry.

Jeannie, is Roni doing okay with the freeway drive? That can be so frightening.

Kim, nice that you are doing some volunteer work.

Anna, how you feeling now?

Cathe, any news on the baby and Jill? What a scary thing. The family must be shaken and hurting. Praying for them.

Donna, a handmade scrapbook is worth a LOT. Not less than $500, and usually way more than that. People pay BIG bucks for photography, why not pay it for art work too? Enjoy your sushi.

Terry, don't work too hard.

Hi Cheryl, how is your DDs car doing now?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - my dd's car is finally working just fine. Thank goodness!!

Cathe - So sorry to hear the news about Jill. I will be praying.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe, prayers for Jill! And these latest meds seem to be working. I do feel much better and the cough is very minimal now. Thaanks for asking.

Terry, I actually cancelled one of my kit clubs this morning. And I am giving serious consideration to cancelling the other. While I have worked up a bunch of those kits this year, I still have a bunch to go. I've been a member of each club for over two years, almost three years actually, so you can imagine the pile of kits I have.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Jill's update: she didn't go into labor. The baby is receiving steroids to speed up the lung development. I know that is routine nowadays, but you wonder what harm the steroids can do in the future. Just praying the little guy will stay in there longer. I think she is at 27 weeks, 6 days.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Anna so glad you are feeling better--finally!

Denise-happy you got dd and sil moved.

Hello to everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - The steroids should not be an issue for later. They are given to help the lungs develop faster so if they are born there is a better chance for their survival.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all...it's summer here again finally...we had a week of depressing late autumn weather....windy and cool and overcast...finally the sun...cheers me.

Prayers going out for Jill, Cathe..I hope the little guy stays put.

Yes, Terry, that's my entry. I cannot wait to get my hands on that G45 pp. Somewhere around here there are pics of the SF Japanese tea gardens and if I cannot find those I may just go there. Also one of my dolls is supposed to be a little girl from Japan...I found a kimona for her (a tad too big) the other day and dressed her in that and took pics....so I have those pics too...and of course just cuz the theme of those pps is Japanese doesn't mean the photo we scrap have to be.

Anna I keep thinking of cancelling Swirlydoos just cuz I have so much other stuff but as long as I still look forward to getting them I will keep on with them.

Denise, Roni never did drive there...I did..lol...didn't mind it but glad she is done. She has to work at the Emeryville store for 3 hours next Thursday so Vicki and I are gonna take her and then shop there in Emeryville along Bay Street...really neat shops and restaurants. On the 16th she starts at the new store which is one BART station away and the station is right there by the mall and of course she can drive there too...only 15-20 minutes away. She is really studying the products and brings home lots of good smelling samples...fresh handmade soaps and lotions and now make up too.

Ok gotta go clean up the mess I made making this layout. I was on the Swirlydoos site today and realized that the Round Robin los for week 1 are due today and I'm week 1. I finished this in 2 hours.
A Lady (swirlydoos) By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off a digi I did while watching the Olympics:

M-M-Mmmmm, good! By Cdjohnson

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

JCI tonight.
Anna--I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm that way wiwth the kits as well. And then I go & buy more stuff either cuz I like it or because I want some. Need to stop...
Jeannie--I know that G45 pp line (Asian one) is just calling my name. I have Emma I can use with it but I also think of other projects too!
Katy--whatcha been up to?
Denise--glad to see you too!! You have been a busy person!
Cathe--hoping the little one stays put for awhile. Wow what a scare!
Cheryl--what a cute photo of Maddie that was!!!

I so want to scrap instead of this constant work. Which I need to get some more done tonight.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Morning!

ACU2H

Back to work today. Ugh. Why do weekends go SO fast???

My MIL goes in for surgery today. I really hope this takes care if the pain shes been having

I'm getting the urge to start my Christmas cards-wish the weather was cooler!

Congrats to your son on his graduation Denise!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

DOO:

BBL to catch up on chat and lovins.
My scrap area By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Checking in real quick before I go to the grocery. I need to do more landry and clean out the refrigerator.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cheryl-I hope your refrigerator cleaning goes faster than mine did...hope you brewed extra coffee.

I'd love to subscribe to the Swirlydoo kits. But I know I'd have the same problem Anna and Terry do. I wouldn't use it all or get to a kit and it would sit. I'd like to try one that you can order monthly. I think Scraputante you can buy monthly.

Have a great day everyone.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning ladies!

Cathe, glad to know Jill’s baby is staying put a bit longer. Hope all goes well for them.

Donna, hope your mil’s surgery goes well and gives her some much needed pain relief.

Denise, you have been ne very busy woman!

I need to clean out the refrigerator too! Maybe I will do that tonight! And maybe I won’t!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Donna, best wishes for your MIL. Thanks, he did it over a longer time than most but he worked and paid as he went. NO debt or student loans to pay back! Sure is the way to go.

Ugh, fridge cleaning...and laundry too.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

My refrigerator is now clean and stocked with groceries. I still have to go to Walmart to get some cleaning supplies. Priscilla is going with me and will probably get lunch while we are out since her days are numbered. She starts her junior year on Thursday!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

JCI again....Need to start working fast & furious.

However just time to say: ICK on cleaning the fridge!!! Definitely not my favorite chore!!!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

Anna! I'm glad you're feeling better and getting rid of that nasty cough! I bet you are too!

Cathe, I'm keeping the babe in my thoughts..

Donna, hope your MIL's surgery goes well!

Anyone wanna clean my 'fridge??

I'm sneaking on from work.....shhhhhh!!!
I'm headed down to my sister's on Thursday after work...Expo on Friday, family bar b que on Saturday, Scrap store on Sunday (as if we won't buy enough stuff at the Expo!!), Giants' game on Monday....and scrapping in between all that!

I wonder how Mandi and Mel are doing...

I'd best be off before I get busted! Have a wonderful day, all!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Well, I am back from Walmart and lunch. I also finally gave in and let Priscilla get her cartilaged pierced. In return, she promised to finish cleaning her room.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Katy, I saw on FB that Jessa got her cast off but otherwise haven't seen Mandi on there much. I haven't seen Mel on lately. Last I heard she was waiting for her new computer.

Cheryl, cartilaged pierced?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - Cartilage is the top part of the ear.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, that sounds like a painful placed for a piercing! Or maybe I am just a whimp!

Dropping off a card.

Halloween Card By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

And here's another card from me. TFL!

Halloween Card By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU2H

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, ladies:

Hope everyone had a great day!

Cathe: Glad Jill did not go into labor! You're right--I would need lotsa coffee to tackle the job of cleaning her fridge!

Hi, Denise: You've been awful busy! Glad you got the kids moved.

Anna: glad you're feeling better!

Cheryl: Love the LO you did last night while watching the Olympics. I don't know if I told you b4, but I may look into digi scrapping. seems pretty neat!

I don't get any kits in the mail. My scrappy budget is $50 per month, and kits would be a huge part of that.

Yesterday, I brought "Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul" to the nursing home with me. I read to some of the residents, and thought they'd like it. I left it there so others could read it. today it was gone!

DOO: The home would not give me a list of residents' birthdays, so I will make a card every month for those who have birthdays that month. This is the one i made for August. You all have seen all the embellies b4 on other layouts--I am trying to use up scraps and leftovers.

Hello to Terry, Katy, Jeannie, Mel and Donna (and anyone I may have missed!) Have a great night!

Will catch up on lovins after dinner!
Nursing home--August birthdays By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off:

aunt By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Hi
worked in the yard today..and scrapped..did a few chores...lovely weather..perfect...but it is supposed to get hot.

I say ouch to that piercing too but I say ouch to any piercing...one of my piercings in my ear closed up and I'm too chicken (and lazy) to go get it punched again.

Who's cleaning refrigerators??? You're hired!

Here's the one I did today. I love this photo of my mother..she was so young and cute.
Working Girl By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - Unfortnately, I was the one cleaning the fridge today!!

Dropping off one more for tonight:

Candy By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

I could use a fridge cleaning too!

I like your new profile pic Cheryl. I bet Pricilla is excited about her piercing. I have 3 holes in each ear plus one cartilage on my right ear. I also got my tounge pierced lol

Have fun this weekend Katy and Jeannie-I'm so jealous!!

Glad you're feeling better Anna

That was nice of you to leave the book for them Kim...maybe someone is reading it? They probably assumed it was left there for them to read?

My MIL made it thru surgery just fine. They removed 2 tumors and winded up giving her a hysterectomy. No cancer so thats great! My SIL is here until Monday-doc said my MIL can't be left alone for 2 weeks due to the anesthesia so she'll be staying at my house after my SIL leaves

See ya'll later

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Donna - Priscilla's ears are double pierced and then she wanted the cartilage piercing on her left ear. She says she is done with piercing after this one. My son had his tongue pierced at one point but because of jobs and things decided to let it grow back. Glad you mom was cancer free!! Praying for a speedy recovery.

oh my new profile pic is from vacation this summer when we were at the zoo.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!

Love the new profile pic, Cheryl!

Didn’t get my refg cleaned out last night. I don’t know how it gets so cluttered with just the two of us!

Donna, your mil had successful surgery! Hope she has a speedy recovery!

Have a good one!

Edited by Anna C on 08-08-12 06:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Dropping off:

Memories of times past By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

DONNA: Glad your MIL made it thru her surgery okay. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am a chicken and would never get a piercing, let alone my tongue. Shudder.

CHERYL: cute avi.

KIM: I admire your dedication to th elderly. Special hugs to you for being an angel.

ANNA: still feeling okay?

JEANNIE: give me some of that prety weather. lol Its downight HOT and HUMID here. Our AC was fried by lightening and we have been dealing with that for over a week. So glad the kids have a nice new home with wonderful AC.

Hiya KATY and TERRY. Looking for some nice new LOs from you! Be nice to yourself and create a few.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics