Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Jci. I'm sitting in the ER waiting rm with hubby who is having abdominal\appendix pains. Hopefully it won't be anything serious. But this is not where I thought I'd be this am. I'll bbl...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Anna I am glad you're feeling better too.

Kim...someone is reading that book....they'll probably pass it on when they're done...how could one steal THAT book, lol. How sweet of you to leave it.

Donna glad about your mil..whew!

Cheryl cute avi! My dds aren't interested in ear piercing...they both got their noses pierced...Vicki got her septum pierced but no longer wears that ring...I hated it....Roni got her nose pierced and had a sweet little pink rhinestone you could hardly see but now she has a ring...but if that is all they want I am fine with that....no tattoos yet although Roni want something Disney somewhere.
On a related note...One of the girls' friends, a really pretty girl, is a tattoo artist and she is really good..when Roni's beau finishes his "sleeve", a jungle scene, being done by this girl, I will take pics and show you...anyway this girl has tattoos and piercings now everywhere and it breaks my heart...tattoos up her neck down her arms and legs...and several piercings on her face....shocks me when I see her since I knew what she looked like when they were in school..and now..unrecognizable.

I have so much to do today so naturally I am sitting here "yakking" away....

wait theres more.

Denise sorry about your weather and broken AC..we don't have an ac...usually only gets really hot a few times during the summer...it's usually in the mid 70s to around 90....and even cooler the last two years...we have what we call Natures Air Conditioning...a cool marine layer every morning that breaks up by noon usually. Today it was gone when I got up so that means warmer temps. We are weather blessed here.

I just realized that the last lo I posted was number 500 here in the SB gallery!!!! and that is just since 2008..and that is not all I've done....I've been scrapping since 2003 so I have probably done 1000....where the H E double hockey sticks am I gonna put any more????????? Anyone else wonder that? How many layouts do you all think you've done? Where are you storing them? In the last 2 years most of mine are FAT layouts too...and I can't stop making fat ones because ONE I like them and TWO I have to use up these 5 boxes of flowers!

Katy see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like partly cloudy and in the 70s to low 80s...may be cool at the ball park Monday night..bring a jacket!

I'd better skedaddle!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Enabler alert: Scrapbooking is on HSN right now!!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Terry-I hope everything is ok with your hubby. Keep us posted when you can

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Yes ladies, I am feeling better still coughing just a bit but nothing compared to the last few weeks and I have one rounds of meds left. So we will see and thanks for asking.

I did not get enabled, Cherly.

Jeannie, I don't know how many layouts I have done over the years...too many I guess. DD doesn't want any of them do not sure why I am still doing them. I think it is time for me to evaluate and access why I am doing this! And spending so much money on scrapping! Seriously, I really need to think about why I scrap...because there are other things I really want to do to before it's late. KWIM?

Terry, hope DH is ok.

Edited by Anna C on 08-09-12 05:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - I didn't buy anything either. I did like the couple of vintage kits they had from 3 Birds but decided I didn't really need them.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Jci. I'm sitting in the ER waiting rm with hubby who is having abdominal\appendix pains. Hopefully it won't be anything serious. But this is not where I thought I'd be this am. I'll bbl...

Oh Terry--sure hope it is nothing serious!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Hi to all
It is raining here. This is a wonderful thing!

Anna - I did quit making LOs for myself...well I do some that tell about my past and I love doing Christmas and camping. I do make los for the 4 grandkids. So I usually make 4 of everything.

Cheryl and I have discussed why we scrap. We like it and it is our hobby and we don't care if anyone else likes it or not. LOL

Hi to all. Keep praying that little baby stays put inside my niece!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

OH By the way...I was in the basement with the kids. Nev who is now 12 and a half says to me, "Mema I'm sure the Pickers would find lots of things in your basement!"

then she started finding toys that are surely old!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Hey ladies. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know Jessa got her cast off. How ever, her elbow is locked. They are giving it a week to unlock, if not we have to go back to the ortho. Been busy shopping for the kids school clothes and supplies, its been hectic still. Hope you all are doing great!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping off 2 cards:

Halloween cards By Cdjohnson

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

I will have to go back & leave luvies but wanted ci for now.
Hubby is fine thankfully! Still has the abdominal pain but thru a scan, urinalysis, & blood draw the dr determined we are looking at appendix or kidney stones. We'll see.
The best news is the powers that be decided to prolong this project until the end of sept! Yipee no more 10 hour days!!! (I may scrap one of those days too!)

I am not wild about all the body piercings. But the one that drives me nuts are those earlobe stretcher plugs. Don't know the name but I am seeing them all over. One guy had plugs that were at least 2" in his ears. Awful!!!!! Then with the tatoos, well to each their own. I can see the fun in it until you start to see the face and head being done. Not cool then. If I were to have one done I'd do either the Italian horn, or a fleur de lis or a tiny butterfly.

Good to "see" ya Mandi...hope Jessa will be fine.
Katy & Jeannie--have a ball and think of us all that wish we could be there with you!
Cheryl--love the new avi!!!
Anna--I got back into scrapping so I could make albums for the grandkids since I had so many photos. Now I'm just taking more & more photos so I'm guessing scrapping will never end.
Donna-how's your MIL? Glad her surgery went well and hopefully so will recovery.

See ya'll in the morning...Hi to everyone too!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, ladies:

doo. I need to do some running around, then I will be back to catch up on chat and lovins!

B true 2 U By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

Dropping off:

Cool guy By Cdjohnson

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, ladies:

Hope everyone had a great day!

Jeannie: Yeah, I left that book there hoping someone would read it, but i guess I wanted it to stay in the same room so I could get it when needed. Oh well, it's probably someone who needs it...

Terry: Glad it doesn't seem to be anything serious with your hubby! I am with you on those odd ear-stretcher things: I think they are hideous!

Cheryl: Love your new avi! And your Halloween cards are awesome! I have some Halloween LOs to do, but I don't have any paper that is "right" for the job. I was at Archiver's last Friday, and I saw a bunch of cute Halloween stuff, but I didn't buy anything.

Anna: I understand why you would want to re-evaluate whether you want to continue scrapbooking and your reasons for doing so. I hope you continue sb'ing if it gives you pleasure.

Cathe: Keeping Jill and her lil' one in my prayers!

Hello and good evening to everyone!

Kim

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off:

SWEET By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Last one for tonight:

Just the boys By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Terry-glad to hear your hubby will be fine. Although a kidney stone or appendix doesn't sound like a picnic. Yay for no more 10 hour days!!!

Oh...sorry I missed it but also wanted to wish you a belated H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y!!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed your day!

Cathe-that was cute what Nev said. I bet she had fun discovering the old toys. In my mind that is what an attic should be-full of old treasures. I saved so many of my kids toys and baby clothes. All tucked away in the attic

Hi hi to everyone else-have a great one!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Terry, so sorry I missed your birthday too! I hope you had a wonderful day. Glad your DH is gonna be ok!

Hi Mandi! Hope Jessa will soon be all healed!

Cathe, love what your dgd said. My husband loves to watch American Pickers!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Cool By the Pool By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did for the challenge on rockin' scrappin' Grams thread. It was a scraplift from Stephanie Hunt here on sb.com

Edited by scrappin 2 on 08-09-12 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

good morning.

Terry hope the Dr. find the trouble really fast and he finds relief.

Mandi-sure hope Jessa's elbow unlocks.

Kim when I was in Archiver's I wanted the Graphic Halloween papers, but didn't buy them. I don't know why I didn't. I love them, but don't know if the Grandkids would.

Have to go get something done.

Have a great day everyone.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone!

JCI. BBL.

Have a great day!
The joy of living By Jaspernonyx

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Oh oh..has anyone gotten this in comments on any of your layouts. I see on her profile she left the same message on lots and lots of layouts. What should I do...not responding for sure.
..kinda creepy.
Sinda

"hello dear My name is sinda.i saw your profile at (www.scrapbook.com) And i became interested in you, because the way you explain yours self gives me joy please I will like you to write me through this e-mail here. ([email protected]) So that we can know each other THANK YOU. Your sinda"

Oh Mandi I hope Jessa's elbow unlocks...glad to see you.

Terry I missed your birthday....hope it was a good one...a happy one...and I am glad your dh is ok.

Cathe...love your take on why we scrap. It's my hobby and I like it and I don't care what anyone says...good mantra, that.

Anna your dd will want those layouts someday...or some of them..if not her then the grandkids will. Gosh wouldn't you love to have layouts made by your mom or grandma...at least a few. I hope my grandkids will...but I won't be here...lol...they all have to deal with my 1000 layouts....boooohhahahaha

Cheryl glad I didn't see your enabler alert.

Yay US Womens Soccer team!!!

Roni worked in Emeryville today and came home smelling so good...she made flash cards about 300 products and studies them...she practiced selling stuff on me last night...I bought it all. Store opens the 16th and they spend two long days next week stocking shelves and setting up.

Katy will be here in a while..I gotta go clean some stuff up. I'm not going to buy anything at the expo.....hahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha

Remember how I said it doesn't usually get that hot here...

I lied.

Off to leave love..I am so behind.
Here's my latest
Seriously Cute By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - YES, I got that same comment today on all the new layouts I did last night. Who do we report this to?

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

I think the mop lady...what's her name? Meg? Does someone know??

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to dollscrap

I got one of those! Really weird. I reported it in the "contact us" section.

DOO:
Free shoes! By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 08-09-12 06:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khZvGD3YgTM
So cute.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

Morning!

Your creepy poster is gone...Megan musta mopped her up lol

That goat video was so cute Jeannie!

This kid cracks me up lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WSWFOdSJU

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Some of the grams on rockin' scrappin' grams got those strange posts too. Sb is working on the problem.Meg is the person to contact.

Jeannie-when is the Expo? this weekend? Not buy anything?

I need to take a break from typing. My right wrist has been aching. I had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists years ago. So with that I will get off the computer.

Have a great day Everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

I got my refg cleaned out last night!!

Edited by Anna C on 08-10-12 07:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

ooo lala, a secret admirer, LOL. My trusting nature wants to befriend them but my, "everyone is a jerk" nature rebels. Glad Megan mopped it all up before it came calling in my comments.

Cathe, hope your wrist stops hurting. That is no fun. I have an imjury to my right hand that involves my thumb, first finger, and middle finger. It swells up and aches periodically. The injury is similar to a boxer's break. My knuckle is permanetly enlarged and the last joint of that finger doesn't bend without lots of effort. Anoying.

Ugh, I'm another that needs to clean the fridge. I'm doing laundry today and I think I will try to scrap too. My throat is sore and I am not too peppy.

Y'all take care.

Oh, and, Katy and Jeannie,y'all have tons of fun at the Expo and LSS.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

LOL, I just got the spam from Sinda4. Seems Megan has been working on removing the profile and messages but it keeps popping up.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI after an exhausting day at work!! Hubby is taking me on an afternoon date tomorrow. We are going to the movies to see Hope Springs with Tommy Lee Jones, Merryl Streep and Steve Carrell and then out for an early supper. Super excited!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

The nursing home had a Hawaiin Luau party today. Problem was, a huge group of students was visiting, and they turned the party into a young-person party, complete with Limbo and the "train" around the room. How are older people (many of whom are in wheelchairs or have walkers) supposed to participate in that? Hopefully, the residents liked seeing all that youthful exuberance--and i know the kids didn't mean any harm! But they took the party over!

Found out, too, that the place where I am volunteering has an opening for a CNA. I will apply!

Off to work on a LO about this old Bible that i have, for the August photo fun challenge--one of the categories is a "family heirloom." My great grandpa came from Norway by himself in 1906 (at the age of 17). Before he left, his mother gave him this Bible. It is in Norwegian. I know it's only a "photo" challenge, but i am turning all of mine in to full-blown LOs. The challenges just inspire me, and I adapt the ideas to my needs.

Have fun on your outing, Cheryl! And Cathe, I hope your wrist stops hurting!

Hello to everyone, and have a great evening!

Kim

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Cathe, how' the wrist?

Cheryl, have a wonderful time with hubby! Tell us all about the movie! I love Tommy Lee Jones!

Have a great day!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll finally get to spend some time with my SIL tonite and tomorrow. She leaves early Monday. My MIL is doing great-much better than I expected. Now to just be able to put up with her for a week lol

So..ya'll know I've been on a scrapfast. I'm getting a $150 gift card from work...does it count if I spend that on scrappy stuff? Its a Visa gift card. I reallyyyy wanna buy some Christmas stamps from Whimsie Doodles. They are SO cute!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Donna - It is a GIFT!!! You are not spending your own money, and I would definitely go for it. I wish someone would give me $150 gift card to do with as I please. I would go crazy with scrapping supplies.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

Donna--I would definately spend the money on scrap supplies! Go for it!

Hello to Cheryl, Cathe, Mel, Jeannie, Katy, Denise, Anna and anyone I may have missed!

I am getting ready to play Bingo at the nursing home. the residents sure do enjoy it!

I am dropping off 2 LOs. They are about the Norwegian Bible that I have that belonged to my great grandfather. He came to America at age 17 and by himself. Before he left, his mother gave him this Norwegian Bible. That was in 1906. I was inspired to do this LO in the "August Photo Fun" challenge--one of the categories to photograph is a family heirloom. I think it's supposed to be pictures, but I adapt the challenges to my own needs, and i wanted to make the pictures into a 2-page spread. TFL!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Norwegian Bible p. 1 By Jaspernonyx
Norwegian Bible p. 2 By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 08-11-12 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Yay Anna...I guess since y'all are cleaning your fridges I should do mine...nahhh...don't wanna.

Donna you'd better spend that GIFT!! card on scrappy stuff...you've been good. Too bad you can't come with me and Katy tomorrow. Glad your mil is better and have fun with your sil.

Cheryl hope you had a great time on your date.

Kim those old folks may have enjoyed watching the young'uns.

Hi Cathe...hope your wrist feels better. The expo was yesterday and today at the Santa Clara Convention Center.

Wonder if Mel got her new computer yet.

We are having a good time...the expo seemed a bit smaller but still crowded. We were only there from 10:10 til 1:45, a record for us...(we used to stay ALL day).. with a lunch break in there (baked potato and salad). I didn't find everything I hoped to but found a few things I wasn't looking for...got a Lucky 8 punch for $19.95 and I am doing a layout right now with it. There were some, but not a lot of brand new products...lots of Prima at one booth. Some vendors we always frequented were not there this time. Neither of spent as much money as we usually do and neither of us bought more than 6 pieces of pp.
We're scrapping now...well SHE is....she's on lo number 3...one was a 2 pager. I haven't even done one yet.
We went out last night with some of Jon and my friends for drinks and dinner. This afternoon it's off to our oldest brother's for dinner with most of the family. Tomorrow we're going to Scrapbook Territory and then in the afternoon Katy's dd1 will come over so she and my dds can make fun of us while we scrap..this is a common occurance. Monday is scrapping all day and then off to a Giants game that evening...Tuesday NO PLANS...scrappin ONLY. Wednesday we head off to Katy's where there will be only peace and quiet and scrapping for 3 or 4 days.
I am already pooped.

Back to scrappin!!

Have a wonderful weekend one and all!!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Donna, you are hereby ordered to so spend that gift card on scrappy things!

Have fun Jeannie and Katy!

Hiya everybody.

Edited by rockmom on 08-11-12 06:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Here's my one layout...Katy's on her 4th.....lol.
Gotta get in the shower..dd1 is making delish little apple pie cookies.....we got to taste.
Nice day here.
My dog peed on his left front foot when I was outside scooping poop so I was already grossed out.....one may ask how he did that..one would need to know Bravo. So I tried to catch him to hose off his foot so he ran inside and pushed himself through dd1's legs..so just his head was sticking out in her front and she and Katy were cracking up..I had to haul him out by his collar and when I told Vicki why I needed him she was grossed out as he had "touched" her bare leg with his left peepee paw when he forced himself on her.
The fun never ends.

A Love Letter By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Katy and Jeannie - Have fun!!

We loved the movie Hope Springs and I think there were only 2 people in their under the age of 40. Several couples of husbands and wives. Great movie to see together. After that we did a few errands and then we went to Cracker Barrel to eat. We are back home and dh said for me to go to my scrap room and enjoy myself!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Hi everyone.
I am resting the wrist today. So I won't be staying.

thinking of everyone though!

Donna--YES!!! spend away!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off a 2 pager!!

2 page Happy Birthday By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

easter By Cdjohnson

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Thought I'd drop off a couple layouts I've done so far..

this By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

....and one more.... I'm not quite done with this one as I am still trying to come up with a title for it. This is dd2 with her goldie, Indie.

No title yet By Scrapkaty

I just finished another layout but won't be taking photos until tomorrow.

One of these days I'm going to play catch up...but not on this computer!! The keyboard is small and EVERY word I type I have to re-do!!

Edited by Scrapkaty on 08-11-12 09:20 PM. Reason for edit: forgot to add the layout!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning!

Donna, go use that gift card on scrappy stuff and enjoy it!

Katy and Jeannie, have fun!

Hello to everyone else!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Back to drop one off.

Home Sweet Home By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! It is beautiful here and 70 degrees. The sun is shining and birds are singing. I am sure ready for some cooler weather. Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Jeannie-did you get a pic of the peepeepaw?? That would be SUCH a cute title for a lo!!

Will BBL to get caught up. My MIL and SIL are coming over this afternoon...I wanna squeeze in some scrappy time before the come

For those of you into digi stamps...Meljen Designs has a half off sale going on. I just purchased (with part of my gift card money) like 45 digi stamps for $55. I was looking at what J's had on sale but got SO much more if I went digi. I LOVE Meljens stamps...ya'll should check out her stuff if you haven't already. Very cute and whimsical

Have a great day everyone!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Happy Sunday!
Katy and Jeannie, y'all having fun?
Anna, that LO is special.
I'm ready for some cooler weather too Cheryl but I know it won't happen for a long time yet.
Never used digi stamps Donna, how do you use them?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Just looked at our weather and its 99 with a real feel temp of 120. YUCK

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to rockmom

Hi, everyone!

Dropping off a 2-pager. They made me cry.
26 years of cards with grandma p. 1 By Jaspernonyx
26 years of cards with grandma p.2 By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 08-12-12 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

A quick hello. I should be resting my wrist.

Catch you all on Monday.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU2H

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all...
Cathe take care of your wrist...I know you are..hope it is all better soon.
They were just putting new stuff out at Scrapbook Territory but don't have the things (the new G45) I want yet...did some damage though...got me some MS paper clay....some thickers and a few pps...no flowers no bling no doilies lol.
We are going to make a sign to take to the ball game tomorrow...the Giants announcers call the women fans gamer babes so now lots of women makes signs saying Gamer Babe from "wherever"...but since we're not babes anymore our sign will say Gamer Sisters on one side and Gamer Dames on the other. We're making it with my Cricut so it should be cool...and orange stickles so it should be sparkly.
We're scrappin now...well she is.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to dollscrap

Hi, everybody!

Kinda a lazy Sunday for me. I miss Mark,though: he went to his father's for the weekend. He should be home in a couple of hours, so I need to get my scrap ******** up off the floor. I couldn't go this weekend, cause I had Bingo Saturday afternoon at the nursing home.

Hope everyone is doing great!

DOO: I did this last night, but I forgot to post it here.
Mom's first M.A,M.A degree By Jaspernonyx

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Dropping these off...

Thinking of You By DittoBabyGirl

Spumoni Gardens By DittoBabyGirl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU again!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Well, hello ladies!!! I've been lurking but just not chatting. No time in the last couple of days. Hubby is cooking tonight and I'm only doing laundry today. Some quiet time finally!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It was nice and I really don't like fusses or parties on my birthday so we spend the weekend with our friends and even they didn't know. DH let me go buy a new camera lens and that was terrific.

So much to say:
Jeannie & Katy: looks & sounds like you are having a ball! As I was reading about your sign you made I thought "Gamer Gram" would be good for me. Although my "gamer" is not baseball but the IPAD.
Donna: Seriously, I want to go to NY with you! I have to lose 20 lbs so I can eat that much when we are there!!!
Anna: what a beautiful place you grew up in! How far is that from where you are now? (which is extremely gorgeous in it's own right)
Denise: Really? That hot? OMG i'd be melted!! We hit a few days in the low 90s but its 55 at night. And tomorrow we get back to 70. How do you tolerate it? I'm headed to Alabama in mid-Oct and they say it's in the mid 70s. I sure hope so.
Cheryl: Sounds like you had a great date night! I love those photos of Ryan...what a cutie!
Cathe: how's your wrist? Hope you are doing better with it.

Wonderful work from everyone (Anna, I Love your gorgeous trees!!!!) BBL....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, when it gets this hot and humid I stay indoors under the AC. Your trip to Alabama shoukdnot be this hot.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Me again. ACU2H

Every time we tried to go in the pool it started to storm lol

My SIL made a delicious dinner of rosemary garlic pork roast, roasted potatoes and spinach. We had lots of laughs and lots of wine. Was a great day She leaves tomorrow but I'll see her in 59 days when we set sail for Cozemel!

Terry...I'd love for you to join me in New York! We miss New York food and we hit up all of our favorites when we were there. When Patrick went in July he came back with a belly lol

Sounds like its hotter by y'all than it is by me. Or maybe I'm just used to the heat lol

I think I'm gonna jump in the hot tub for a bit. Have a great night!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Terry, I am just across the mountain from my parents....about a 25-30 minute drive. I am 15 minutes from town, way out of the town limits, but yet close enough to run to the grocery store is I need something in the middle of fixing supper!

Night!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning! DOO! TFL!

Spring is in the Air By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!!
Nothing going on, no big questions (thank you guys for answering), and I have tons of paperwork, bill paying, & work stuff to do.

And it's too darn hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBl....

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, everyone!

Hope y'all are having a great Monday!

D2O- the spread is about my grandma's dog, Zeus. When grandma died in Feb, everyone said Zeus would die of a broken heart. I thought that was nonsense, but within a month Zeus had quit eating and was just skin and bones. No one could bear seeing him like that, and nothing they tried could get him to eat. My aunt had to have him put down. The glare on the lower pic is not there IRL.

TFL!
Zeus p. 1 By Jaspernonyx
Zeus p. 2 By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 08-13-12 07:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

JCI and sayin' hiya.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Droppin one off.
We're half done making our sign for the game today...Gamer Sisters. ..Terry...Gamer Gram would be a great sign but neither of us are grans yet...our 5 dds are all between 22 and 28 and no grankids anywhere near in sight...sigh.
I've done 2 layouts to Katy's 6 layouts and one of those is a 2 pager..so 7 pages.
This photo is not that great but a precious find...developed from a color slide. This is the only pic that I know of of me and my mom and grandparents. I was 14 and to give you perspective...Mom was only 5'3" ...Grandma was so tiny...when I was 9 I could fit into her shoes..what a thrill that was....high heels that fit me.
3 Generations By Dollscrap

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Hi all...
Cathe take care of your wrist...I know you are..hope it is all better soon.
They were just putting new stuff out at Scrapbook Territory but don't have the things (the new G45) I want yet...did some damage though...got me some MS paper clay....some thickers and a few pps...no flowers no bling no doilies lol.
We are going to make a sign to take to the ball game tomorrow...the Giants announcers call the women fans gamer babes so now lots of women makes signs saying Gamer Babe from "wherever"...but since we're not babes anymore our sign will say Gamer Sisters on one side and Gamer Dames on the other. We're making it with my Cricut so it should be cool...and orange stickles so it should be sparkly.
We're scrappin now...well she is.

such a fun thing to do...who are the Giants playing?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Jeanie it is wonderful that you have that photo. I guess that is why all of us take so many pictures. We want to make sure we have plenty of our relatives...and I love to get different combinations. Many times my family gets tired of me taking pictures all the time, but that is too bad. They will thank me one day.

I probably shouldn't be typing. My wrist doesn't actually hurt, but feels tired.

I helped my sil make this booklet for her cousins. There is a big reunion on Saturday. She is making 16 of these booklets. She bought composition books. I think everyone in the family has this heritage information, but I just kept my mouth shut and helped out.

Olympics is over, now what do we do?

Edited by scrappin 2 on 08-13-12 04:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - ummm, SCRAP since the Olympics are over?!?!

It has not been a great day for me. My grandmother had a dysphagia study today and she is choking on everything she tries to eat and drink. They wouldn't even recommend that my parents take her home. She was admitted to the hospital and will probably have a feeding tube placed tomorrow by the GI doctor. At least she was admitted to my floor.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Morning!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Cheryl. Is she going to need the feeding tube permanently?

Cathe-I'm the only one in my family that takes pictures. They know when they see me they know I'll be snapping away. And you're right...someday they'll appreciate them. I hope your wrist feels better soon

Ughhh-my Monday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Hope your grandmother will be ok Cheryl! You are very lucky to still have your grandmother with you!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Cheryl I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope they find the cause and she can enjoy herself awhile longer.

Our daughter teaches and started back to school. She has institute today. Her dh is on duty (firefighter/paramedic) Granddaughter starts on Wed. at same school as mommy. I am going to go pick-up the two kids at the sitter's at 10:oo. We are going to go mini-golfing and to a park. Little guy Kian age 3 has given up naps. I'm glad the sun is shining.

I'll check on everyone later. have a good day.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Hi!!
Cheryl --I'm so sorry about your grandma. Is this permanent or just a temp condition? What causes it?
Cathe--Have fun with the kids! Take it easy with your wrist. I had 2 carpel tunnel surgeries & thankfully no pain ever returned.
Donnna--have a great "Monday"!!!
Jeannie--Love your generation photo! Those rare ones always seem so precious! Have fun at the game too. Tell Katy hi...
Hi Anna & Kim...

Did we lose Stacey, Jo, Mandi, & Mel? Hope not...

Better get busy...DH gets his eye measured today so next week the dr will laser cut the lens and replace it with this new man made one. (he has glaucoma in one eye). Says it only takes an hr for the surgery. How far we've come!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Aww, Cheryl, so sorry to hear about your gma, It is nice she is on your floor so you can check on her. Its really a blessing you work there.

Cathe, enjoy those grandkids.

Donna, happy Monday, you got this!

Working on a house cleaning, rearranging closets and purge.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi everyone.
Cheryl so sad about your mother in law...hope she can start swallowing again.
Hi to Mel and Mandi if you guys are lurking.
Cathe My whole family takes photos..not as much as when all our kids were little but Katy and I still do. Dad started it..he was always had a camera...usually an old movie camera and he took lots of slides. The kids are all pretty handy with cameras too. So always lots of photos to scrap. I appreciate so much that our folks took all these photos. So you're right, your family will appreciate it.
Katy and I had a great time at the game even though our team, the SF Giants was positively slaughtered by the Nationals....14 to 2. My dd was at home watching and she saw us...especially when we were leaving in the 8th inning...Katy would probably have stayed but I couldn't stand anymore torture. Well we got a couple photos of us and our sign.
Gamer sisters By Dollscrap

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to dollscrap

good morning, everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!

Jeannie and Katy: your "gamer sisters" sign was so cool! Glad you had fun!

Cheryl: I am so sorry about your MIL. Will they put her on a mushy diet? I would think something like that would make meal time unappetizing. So sorry!

Cathe: snap away! I agree that your family will appreciate it later!

I am off to the nursing home.

DOO and BBL,
Kim
I love it when you are near By Jaspernonyx

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

My sister is on her 12th layout.....I did 3. lol.
Here's my 3rd one. I did it for the sketch challenge at Swirlydoos.
Nov, 1985 (Swirlydoos) By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeanie and Kim - It is my grandmother getting the feeding tube not my mil.

It is not known at this time if the feeding tube will be permanent or if she will regain the use of the muscles to swallow correctly. They say it has to do with aging. Unfortunately, they were unable to put it in the easy way today due to her hiatal hernia. She will be having surgery tomorrow afternoon to but it in.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl: I am so sorry about the mix-up!

Please forgive--

Kim

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

prayers redirected to your grandmother Cheryl. Hope she won't suffer...sorry for the error.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Hey girls!!!
How is everyone??? I read two pages ending July and have read August up to here.
Cheryl hope things go well for your grandma!
Anna hope you are feeling better!
Jeannie...you rock with your LOs!!!
Donna...your cruise is coming up...right??? Are you ready??? silly question!
Cathe...hope your wrist is better!

My kids are finally coming north this weekend! I can't wait!!! My garden is finally producing... bearing jalepeno peppers, peppers and I have some green tomatoes... My squash and zucchini have set to set...some fruit...the flowers keep falling off due to either extreme heat and thunderstorms... Well it has been neglected lately. I have been doing what I call quick turn overs...ran a special to get bodies in the cabins Mon-Thurs. so far my cabins have been full for the last three/four weeks? the quick turn overs mean I have to clean and launder the cabins thurs. night to be ready for the weekend warriors coming in on Fri. afternoons. Then do it over again Sun. night to be ready for Mon. afternoons. I'm still a fanatic about the lawns...so that has been keeping me busy. I have the yards to the three larger cabins, the smaller cabins, the fieldnext to the bath house, the field behind the seasonals 1-4, the field behind the "store", which by the way is being sided with barn boards, a front deck/patio (low to the ground)is being added and then in the fall we will be gutting the inside and redoing...

I had the art show in the beginning of the month... sold nothing...but Hannah sold a painting of a horse shes been taking care of and riding lessons on. Ironically, it is her art teacher who is giving her lessons and "advised" the buyer or should I say "showed" her painting to the buyer. She sold it for $48.00!!! Hannah has started a "Barn Fund"....oiy!!! She now wants to get into jumping.... My mind goes on tilt everytime I think...is she serious????

So I am here...just not able to jump in every day. I can't believe how fast July flew by...I hope all is well with everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Jojo Noons

Good morning!

Hope your grandmother's surgery goes well, Cheryl.

I have seen Mel on Facebook lately.

Stacey was on this morning. I didn't chat with her but I suspect she is very busy with the kids and maybe even school too.

Mandi was on Facebook last night. She has her scrap supplies advertised for sale. She says she is giving up scrapping. I sent her a post telling her not to give up. Hope she doesn't!

And Jo is here! It sure sounds like you are still very busy. I am glad your venture is working out. Is your dh still driving a truck too?

Be back to drop two off. Have a great day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS***Bucky By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS***Take a Back Road By Anna C

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Cheryl so sorry for your Grandma. Prayers for her.

I figured Jo was so busy she couldn't see straight.

I figured Mandi was so busy she didn't know which end was up.

Getting back into the swing of school is hard. I'm so I could help Casey out with the kids yesterday. It was nice that they didn't have to be at the sitter's all day. As we were leaving the sitter kissed Kian on his mouth.(he wiped it off when he turned around) We don't kiss on the mouth...I don't think Casey would like this. Should I tell her? I remember Casey's sitter saying to me "You don't kiss on the mouth do you? Because when i go to kiss Casey she turns her head."

Better go rest my wrist. Hi to all of you.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi Jo..glad to see ya....you are one busy woman! Glad your cabins are a success.

Cathe, we kiss on the mouth...just family and best friends though....anyone else?...no....for one thing that's awkward...especially wouldn't like it in a day care.

Here's a layout I did a few weeks ago and forgot about it. I don't have many wedding photos and don't love most of them. The highlight of the wedding was when Jon cut off my brothers tie...when we were cutting the cake, my brother told him oh you better not cut off my new tie and so of course Jon turned around in one fell swoop grabbed the tie and cut it off with the cake knife.....AND when my bff was bugging him and bugging him to smash cake in my face he turned around and smashed it in hers...this is all on video and it was funneeeeee....my brother and bff both laughed...still laugh 27 years later.
Wedding pic By Dollscrap

I'm heading up to Katy's today...won't be home til Sunday....I can use her computer but it's awkward for me so if you don't hear from me you'll hear from her.
final layout count...Katy 12 Jeannie 3....lol....but who's counting?

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

ACU...

How sad Mandi is sell her scrap stuff. Even if she doesn't scrap she should still keep it for a later time. Just mho tho...

Thanks Anna tho for the update. I'm not on FB so I'd never know these things!!

Cheryl how's your grandma doing today?

Continue having fun at Katy's!!!

Wow JO you have really got some busy busy days!!!

DS#2 is still in the hospital in Saratoga NY from a ruptured appendix and this am he said the dr is seriously considering surgery now to clean out all the infection. His HR is 130 and white cell count is skyrocketing. Lots of pain etc. And here we all are inc his wife & kids clear across the country. Frustrating!

Have a good one...!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Aww gee Terry, praying for your son.

Jeannie and Katy, have a blast at Katy's. CYA when you get home Jeannie.

Cathe, not mouth kissers here either. Its not an appropriate thing for a sitter to do, spreading germs to that many kiddos is no a good idea. I worked in child care for many years. I never once kissed a kiddo on the mouth even tho I raised many from NB to school age and was very close to them. Lots of hugs and kisses on the cheek but never on the mouth. Tell Casey, Kian is obviously uncomfortable with it. It doesn't need to become a big deal just a headsup for the sitter. No ill intentions were meant. Rest your wrist.

Anna, I saw Mandi's post too. She seems depressed to me. I know she has been dealing with a lot of things.

Y'all have a great day filled with lots of NICE surprises!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - prayers for your son!!

Thanks for the prayers for my grandmother. We are just waiting for them to take her to surgery. They said it will be around 3 or 4 p.m. I will be here at the hospital until it is all over and she is back in her room resting. The surgery will take about an hour and then in recovery for an hour.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you from Danny! I'll keep you all informed. How fast it goes from being upset with your kids (he forgot to call his Mother (ME) on her birthday) to worried sick about them even tho he needs a bonk on the head! Then a love....

I'm with Denise on the mouth kissing Cathe. That should be the child's decision not the sitters. We all in our big Italian family kiss cheeks or give big hugs. I have a few close close male friends that kiss me friendly like on the lips as my hubby does their wives. But kids...this sitter is asking for trouble by doing that even tho it's meant only as affection.

Keep us informed about your Grandma Cheryl. Wishing the best for her and a quick recovery!!

Off to make 20 prs of earrings to sell at the annual national dog event. I don't get any money for it but the club does. See you all tomorrow!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Terry I will add your son to my prayer list. It keeps getting longer and longer.

Thanks for your input on the kissing.

Jeannie and Katy have fun together. I wish my sister would start scrapping. Maybe when her grandson is born in Sept. she will start.

Tomorrow I am gone to meet two of my college friends. It is a 2 hr drive. I'm not looking forward to that. It is supposed to be rainy and even stormy. I am such a baby.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone!

Hope you ladies had a great day!

Terry: so sorry to hear your son is in such pain. He is added to my prayer list as well!

Cheryl: hope your grandma is OK! Prayers and hugs!

Cathe: have fun visiting your buddies!

It is so sad that Mandi is selling her scrap stuff!

I am bringing art supplies to the nursing home. At first, it was only a bucket of markers that I won't use (tried to buy a substitute for Blick markers--didn't like them). And I brought old papers and stuff. My boss locked the stuff up in a cabinent in the activity room. I think I am going to bring in my traceable templates--I have swirls, flowers, stars and other stuff. I am going to try to get an art group going. they could make pretty decorations that could be placed around the home, on peoples' doors, etc. My boss is the Activities Director, and her assistant quit, so there's an opening. I am applying! There is also a CNA position open, and I am applying to that as well! My boss says maybe I could do 50/50--doing both jobs.

My mom lives in Iowa, where President Obama was recently. Mom was working a booth at the Fair with her buddy, and she met the President! She has pictures, and she wants me to scrap them for her! I am thrilled to do it, but also kinda apprehensive!

Hello to all, and have a great night! I am off to catch up on gallery lovins!

Kim

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! My grandmother finally got out of recovery and back to her room at 9:00 p.m. last night. They were having trouble getting her off the breathing tube and to wake up. I have already called this morning and she is more awake and says is not in any pain. Gotta run!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Good News Cheryl...so glad about that.

I also have to run and will try to ci a few times from the Kindle if it will connect to their wifi.

Have a great weekend and stay safe!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, everyone!

Cheryl: so glad to hear that your grandmother is not in any pain!

Just got my shipment from Amazon that has Best Glue Ever in it. Love the stuff! But, the final verdict will have to wait a couple of days--to make sure it doesn't clog up (people tell me it won't). Also got a beautiful pack of DCWV "Old World" papers, a really pretty pack of tags, and 7 sheets of TH's "Idea-ology."

Hope everyone has a great day! BBL.

DOO:
Birthday at the nursing home By Jaspernonyx

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

Good morning, all! I think I'm ACU!
Sis is still asleep so I thought I'd get online and try to get caught up.
We arrived at my house yesterday afternoon and just sat around trying to keep cool...it's hot up here! Today we are scrapping..

Cheryl, keeping your Grandma in my thoughts!
Donna, I'm glad your MIL's surgery was a success!
Terry, I hope your dh is feeling better!..and happy very belated birthday! I hope your son is OK. And THANK YOU for the title idea of "Devotion"... I used it....
Cathe,so sorry your wrist is hurting and tired... almost everyone in my family have cameras and all love taking photos....so we have lots to scrap!
Jo, My, you are one very busy lady!
Mandi, oh I hope she doesn't give up scrapping!!
I'd better post this before we lose our internet. For the last couple of weeks we lose internet service ...ATT came out and checked the outside wires and couldn't find anything wrong so they're coming tomorrow to check the interior wiring...

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics