Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Scrapkaty

Hi, all:

There are so many people on SB.com who need prayers that I have started praying for EVERYONE on SB.com. I add it to my prayers for the suffering and the sick (and those who work with the suffering and the sick). I do it this way bc I am terrible about losing lists and stuff and I don't want to see anybody left out!

i sure hope Mandi does not give up scrappin!

I take a lot of pictures, too. I got my first digital camera last summer (on clearance for $40--it was that low just cause the package had been previously opened). I am not a very good picture-taker! I cut off heads, etc. Or I'll have a leg or other body part protruding into the pic! I want to upgrade, but I think I should get better at the pics I take first!

Off to Barnes and Noble. There's a resident at teh nursing home who is interested in languages. well, so am I: I have a Master's degree in the study of Ancient Greek and Latin. So I thought this residnet would enjoy having Greek read to her, just so she can get a "feel" for what the language sounds like (it's a beautiful language). well, I had gotten rid of all my Greek books, and I haven't looked at Greek since 2005. So I am going to B&N to buy the Greek New Testament. the resident said she would love to hear me read the greek New Testament to her. It's going to be fun! I also braid this resident's hair every day--better watch out that i am not playing favorites (this thought occurred to me last night).

OK! Off to B&N!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kim

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to jaspernonyx

Good morning!

I didn’t get a response back from Mandi so I hope she is ok. I think maybe she is overwhelmed with the new baby, Jessa’s surgery tomorrow, and some issues with her oldest. Not that she has said anything to me, just based on her posts on Facebook.

Cathe, have fun with your college buddies!

Terry, glad ds is doing better. But he is a bad boy for not remembering his mother’s birthday!

Great news about your grandmother, Cheryl!

Jeannie and Katy, hope you are having a blast!

Hi Denise, Donna, Kim, Mel, Stacey and anyone else I may have missed!

Edited by Anna C on 08-16-12 07:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

JCI between dusting, laundry and mopping floors.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hi everyone.

Cheryl, that's good news about your GMA feeling no pain.

Kim, have fun getting reaquainted with Greek.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Hi hi! Just popping in real quick from work

Great news about your grandmother Cheryl!

Kim-that is sooo sweet of you to buy the Greek NT for that resident and that you braid her hair. Sounds like you are really enjoying what you do. I’m sure she appreciates it. Good luck with the positions that are opening!

Hey Jojo! Good to see you popping in! Your website looks great-looks like soooo much fun! My cruise is coming up in less than 60 days. Almost ready (need to shop more) and soooo excited!!

I didn’t like my kids being kissed on the mouth by anyone other than close friends or family

I’m with you Terry-I prefer my Ipad over watching sports. I just starting playing Words with Friends…uggh-so addicting lol

Hi hi to everyone else

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Popping in again. Have I steaks, potatoes and corn on the grill. I think I might see some scrappy time this evening!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Finally ACU2H

Oh Kim...wanted to tell you...I have that Best Glue Ever....it really IS the best glue ever! I've had it about a year...still works great. Sometimes I have to pop a needle in the top to get it flowing. I love it!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DittoBabyGirl

DOO

USA - Canada Border By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Just sharing with y'all our son's graduation photo from a few weeks ago.

DH and I with our son as he got his business degree. By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 08-16-12 02:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU2H

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

all caught up!

I had a wonderful time with my two college friends. We wondered why it took so long to get together. We are within 2 hrs. of each other. The college kids were moving in. So we went into our dorm and up to 2nd floor. We chose 2nd because we could take the stairs. I hated those elevators, They were always getting stuck. I have nighmares about elevators. lol
My friend Lonna said she has been stuck two times in elevators (not the dorm ones) so she was happy to walk up. We talked to some students in their rooms. It was so much fun and brought back so many happy memories.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Aww, happy memories and good friends are always a great thing. Glad you had a good time, Cathe!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to rockmom

Good morning, ladies:

Hope y'all are having a great Friday!

So glad you had fun with your friends, Cathe! I know what you mean about needing to get together more often: my BFF lives just 15 miles away, and I haven't seen her since the first part of June!

Denise: love the pic of your son's graduation! What a milestone! There's something really neat about seeing young people brimming with potential! That's one of the reasons I wanted to teach.

Y'all have a great day!
DOO:
my brother, my friend By Jaspernonyx

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks, Kim.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Dropping this new one off. Its a whimsical piece with doodling and a kid's ditty used to teach the correct spelling of Mississippi.

MISSISSIPPI River Headwaters 1967 By Rockmom

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

It's the little things in Life By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did for a challenge on Rockin' scrappin Grams.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Hi All!!!
Anna, Bill sold his truck before moving...it was a huge decision, but he knew there was soo much work here this year especially, he couldn't be running the road...and the expense that goes with it.

Mandi girl, hope you decide to keep your scrap stuff. Take a break, but don't sell...wishing you good thoughts!!!

Cheryl, hope your Grammis doing better!

Cathe, hope your wrist feels better, sometimes that's a hard heal...only because it is in use ALL the time!!!

Donna, Terry, Denise, Mel, Jeannie and Katy...to all have a great weekend! Goota run!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Jojo Noons

CRAZY day at work!! My grandmother is doing well and tolerating her tube feedings. She will probably go to the nursing home on Monday.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Finally took photos of my layouts..and finally have internet that's not sporadic! We ended up having to get a new modem thingy ma jiggy...
I "heart" u 3! By Scrapkaty

My 570mg lunch By Scrapkaty

Natural Beauty By Scrapkaty

3 to start with...more to follow.. I don't want to post them all at once.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

...and 3 more......
I love my dd's face in the top left photo!! None of her "brood" would cooperate for the photo shoot!...except the goat...he just kept eating!
Animal Farm By Scrapkaty

How does her garden grow? By Scrapkaty

and one more...

kel By Scrapkaty

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Scrapkaty

Hi, everyone!

Here's wishing everyone a great weekend! I have Bingo at the nursing home tomorrow, which I enjoy. Then i will either scrap, make birthday cards for residents, or make Christmas cards. Mark is going to Iowa to visit his father. I am not going b/c of the Bingo. It's funny--the Bingo games do not end when the first person yells Bingo! We keep going until we have 6 bingos. And people who don't win anything get a consolation prize. of all the prizes available, the stuffed animals are the most popular.

Maybe you ladies can help me. I am making a book about the first 5 years of life of a friend's son. I have a really cute picture of him at a wine-tasting festival. He is with his mom and Mark, and they both have wine glasses in their hands. There are 2 pretty hot-air balloons behind them (they did not go up in the balloons). I want to scrap it, but don't know what to say about the pic. a 3-year old at a wine-tasting festival? I'd be interested to see what you all think...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Katy - On your garden layout, what did you use to make the wire mesh looking strips?

I am at my son's house watching Ryan until 1:00 p.m. then I have to get ready to go to my grandfather's 90 birthday celebration.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

So cool that your grandpa is 90! Have fun at the celbration!

I am dropping one off b4 I go to the nursing home for Bingo. i go back and forth b/t thinking it needs something and thinking I like it the way it is. so don't be surprised if I change it!

Have a great day, ladies!

Kim
Jay's first election By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Cheryl-Happy Birthday to your Grandpa!

Kim-regarding the wine glass and the little boy...Your could put Cheers as the title. I think it is wonderful that you are working with the elderly. They must love you.

Katy-you sure got your mojo working. Nice going!

I have my husband's cousin reunion at noon. His mom is the only living sibling left in the Dennison family. Those 6 sisters sure made a big family though. My husband's cousins are delighful.

Have a great day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi:

2 sleeping beauties By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

acu2h

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Back from my grandfather's birthday dinner. We had a lot of fun and are stuffed from eating fried catfish!! My mother made a pineapple cake, and it was delicious.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, that wire mesh I used in the layout was a diecut I received in my monthly scrapbook kit.. I think it's by "Leaky Shed"...(similar to "dusty attic"?)
Hope your Grandfather had a wonderful birthday!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Scrapkaty

Cheryl: Fried catfish and pineapple cake sounds so yummy! I have never been able to master catfish. I gave up, cause it's kinda expensive to make mistakes with! Glad you had a good time!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Kim - We ate at a place called Willow Pond. They specialize in catfish. When you order they bring everyone a bowl of white beans and plenty of hushpuppies for the table. With your catfish, you can order a baked potato or fries,and slaw either made with vinegar or mayo. It was delicious!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, ladies:

Happy Sunday to all! Cheryl: Mark and I hardly ever eat out, but the prospect of a catfish dinner like that makes my mouth water! Might have to get him to take me out! He always does when I ask him (there's many restaurants w/in walking distance: Applebee's, Old Chicago, Sam and Louies Pizza, Outback Steakhouse, and about 4 fast food places).

DOO:
Mommy and daddy's SON-shine By Jaspernonyx

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

I just finished 2 more....
News Flash!!! Jeannie did 5 and 3/4's of layouts here at my house! WOW is her mojo ever rollin'!!
zoom zoom! By Scrapkaty

and

Such a bee-utiful face! By Scrapkaty

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU!

Today is my dad's 80th birthday. He spent Friday and Sat. in the hospital for 2 more stents. He is home now. His cousin brought him a birthday cake and another one called him, as have lots of other family members. He seemed happy when I talked to him.

Woke up to a LOUD thunder and lightening storm at 1:30 am and it lasted until at least 3:30. We need the rain but not the heavy lightening. Now I'm tired from being awake most of the night.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Hi everyone ..I missed you...kept in touch through Katy....typing on anyones computer is awkward.
I will catch up tonight or tomorrow...just got home..have loads of stuff to unpack.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Good evening!! Getting ready to watch Sunday Night Football and maybe digi scrap at the same time. Go COLTS!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

Hello ladies. Im just taking a second to check in. I ended up having emergency surgery last night, a minor proceedure on my chest area. they are sending in the tissue and other stuff removed for a biopsy. I basically had an infection on my breast that I was placed on 1200mgs of antibiotics for and it was not clearing up, only getting worse. I started running a fever right as i noticed it was worse and went in to the ER last night. 2am i was having surgery for them to remove several absesses as well as dead tissue that made up masses that were causing lumps. I go back in two days for the results and a recheck.

As for my scrapbooking, yes, there is alot of stuff going on here. I was depressed and did list my stuff for sale. But seeing everyones kind words and support, really lifted me out of that horrible slump. I wont be selling my stuff..i may start scrapping a little just to try and keep my spirit and hope up going through these medical issuess that have arisen. Thank you all for your kind words they do mean alot.

I am off to get Jessa to bed, she starts school tomorrow as does Leandra. I will try and post tomorrow sometime.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

Big hugs Mandi! Hope and healing wishes and vibes sent your way. Good luck to the girls for the school year!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Mandi! You are in my thoughts! I'm sending you a big (((HUG)) and I hope everything turns out OK. Don't you know that scrapbooking is good therapy?! I can't believe the kids are already starting back to school! Seems like yesterday they were out for the summer!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Mandi - So sorry to hear about your medical issues. I agree that you need to keep scrapping because it is THERAPY!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Hi Mandi! So glad you checked in and thrilled that you arenot giving up on scrapbooking. I am sorry you are dealing with such health issues and I truly hope you get good results and continue to improve. I hope the children all get off to a good start with school! Take care and keep in touch.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I am exhausted already. I was on Crockin Girls website yesterday and found that I can make my crockpot cooking times longer if I make up the recipes and put them in gallon freezer bags. On the day I want that meal, put it in the crockpot on low and it will add a couple of hours since it is frozen. SO, I have one meal in the crockpot for tonight and 3 other meals put together and in the freezer for the rest of the week.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Way to go Cheryl, you are way ahead of the game! Thanks for sharing that neat little tidbit!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, ladies:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I had stuff typed, and i lost it all! Now I don't have time to type everything over again. Gotta go to the nursing home! BBL.

So here are 2 new ones from me!
Snails and Puppy Dog Tails By Jaspernonyx
Cool Dude/It's a guy thing By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi:

Chopsticks By Cdjohnson

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl: I absolutely LOVE my crockpot! In my message that I "lost," I went on and on about how easy it is to use and have a great dinner ready! Using a crock pot is, in fact, my favorite way to prepare roasts! Love it!

Kim

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Hi ladies. Just popping in again.
Just put Natalia and Ashley down for a nap, I totally forgot Jessa joined the Boys and Girls club this year. (Because she was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum disorder theey think extra help and activities after school will help her) so i wont be seeing my little Jess until after 6pm

I am really sore today. Just finally talked myself into taking a pain med since the girls are asleep and and Jessa wont be home any time soon. Leandra has a key to unlock the door so I think I may just take a nap with the girls.

Cheryl I just love crock pot meals. 90 percent of the foods I cook are all in the crock pot. I am making turkey pot pie in the crockpot tonight

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi friends...I am so behind everywhere with everything. right now I am going through what looks like 6 or 7 loads of laundry....our dish washer has decided it is no longer interested in rinsing the dishes.
And do you know that once you remove most of your scrapcrap from it's boxes and storage bins and containers that it no longer fits back in the way it was before you took it all out.
I will try to give my two cents on stuff now...

First of all Mandi I am so sorry about what you are going through health wise...hoping the kids are all doing well..by all means grab a nap when you can.I used to love falling asleep with my girls. I am so glad you didn't sell your stuff..I think you would've been sorry down the road...you will scrap again...as Katy says it is good therapy.

Terry how is your son!? How awful for him to be away from home when that happens.

I have a crock pot...that's all I have to say about that..lol.

Denise what a great pic of you and your son and dh. When are you gonna scrap it? I think VIcki is gonna participate in her graduation ceremony next year...she'll get her masters in psychology and I so want her to "walk" or "march" or whatever they call it...she didn't want to for her AA and BAs but this time I think she will..(and NOT just cuz I want to scrap it). Hope your Dad is doing well.

Kim did you figure out what to do with your wine tasting nephews (kidding) pic? Future Connoisseur. You're very thoughtful about the patients at your work...I hope you get both those jobs...50-50.

Where's Mel?

Speaking of catfish..there is a Vietnamese restaurant nearby that serves fried catfish in coconut sauce..it is my fave meal and it is all I ask for when I go there....sooooooo delish...think I will go there this week.

Cathe so glad you had a fun time with your old friends...fun to reconnect. What is fun is when they remember stuff you forgot and vice versa.

Hi Anna and Hi Jojo and if I forgt anyone forgive me...I get brain farts...I think it should be classified as a real condition with medicines (wine coolers??..chocolate??) prescribed.

Katy and I had a great time here and at her house..I like her house better...we relaxed...we did so much while she was here that it was fun to not have to do anything...the first two days were quite warm...we kept falling asleep..I'd be reading a book and look up and her eyes were closed..read some more and then suddenly waken. She did twice as many layouts...per usual
I'll post mine on a different post...getting kinda longwinded here.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

Here are the ones I did at Katy's.

This one I started there and finished here.
I did some flat layouts for once...no flowers and bling.

Sunny Today By Dollscrap

Smiles for Grandpa By Dollscrap

Cheers By Dollscrap

Gamers By Dollscrap

Bad Boy By Dollscrap

Say Cheese By Dollscrap

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

LLoving everyones layouts. I will try and get some love in tonight! Hubby left to pick up jessa, she should be home shortly. I cant wait to see her.

Jeannie thanks! Jessa is good. 8/6 her cast came off, 8/17 she was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. So now they have her on a learning plan, and and she has 8 teachers and occupational therapists. Ashie is great. She is 2really months old and almost 11lbs. AJ and Natalia are both great too, and Leandra is getting better. She is taking early childhood development this year and is really excited.

Well I hear Jessa to coming in. I will be back later..Im off to give my girl hugs and kisses and find out how her day was.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

ACU2H

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

ACU2H

Mandi prayers and hugs for you and your family. (I'm glad you are keeping your scrappy stuff.)

My sister in law was having symptoms of a heart attack last night. She lives with and takes care of their 99 yr.old mom. So my husband took Rose who is just 60 yrs. old. to the emergency room. I stayed with my 99 yr. old mother in law. Rose will have an angiogram tomorrow. We have Granny. here.

Will get to the galleries tomorrow. I hope

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Prayers and best wishes for Rose.

Night, y'all.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Cathe, hope your sil is ok.

Cheryl, I use my crock pot a lot so I am gonna check out that site.

Mandi, glad to hear you are doing better and that everyone else is doing ok too.

Hello to the rest of the gang here!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Hope your sis in law will be fine Cathe.

Mandi hi and thanks for the update.

Hi all!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

thanks for the good thoughts and prayers for my sil. She is only 60 yrs old. My dh had a stint put in 3 yrs. ago. I guess my kids and Rose's son will really have to watch their heart health.

I hear a chipmunk chirping. He is probably digging up my flower pot. But they are so cute. I know I know someday my whole front stoop will fall in from them digging under it.

I'm taking care of Rose and dh's mother today. She is 99. I'll go to the hospital later and dh can stay with his mom.

Better go ---have a great day.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Hi all...I got back yesterday and only got to ci once while I was gone. But I'm acu now!

Mandi girl...I am so very sorry you are having med issues. Keep up the spirits cuz it will be better. Enlist Leandra's & AJ's help too. That will make them feel good as well. I'm glad you aren't giving up the scrap cr?p cuz it is therapy and get those endorphins running amuck. It's a good thing.

Cathe, chipmunks & squirrels drive my dogs nutso! I once watched my Cairn try to run up a tree chasing one. Hope your sil is ok!

Cheryl, we saw Hope Springs this weekend and what a hoot that was! All 3 actors were fantastic! Ladies go see this movie & if you feel somewhat onery, take your hubbies.

Katy, wow did you find your mojo girl!!! Awesome LOs and designs!!!

Jeannie, DS#2 started getting better about Sat when they pushed the tubes in farther to get the drainage going. He's at the apartment now, released yesterday, and he's flying home tomorrow. They've arranged for a PU at every airport and transport to the gates so he doesn't have to walk. And he's flying 1st class. Great company he works for. BTW, love your LOs too!

Tomorrow DH has his eye surgery, then I run him home and drive 90 miles to PU my 2 grandkids that we are keeping until Sunday. Busy day and I'm going to try and work today.

Hi to Kim, Anna, Donna, Denise, & Jo!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Thanks for the update Terry....glad he's coming home...and being well taken care of on the way. Hope dh has a successful surgery. Hope your 90 mile drive goes smoothly.

Who was it that fixed a photo of my mom and her sis as little girls...I think it was Donna...if so Donna can you work your magic again? My dd1 took these photos day before yesterday of dd2 and me...took them with her iphone so maybe that is why they're so long...if I process them parts of the pics will be cut off.

BTW...that Lush shop just opened Thursday...so Vicki and I went in the other day to pick up Roni after she got off work...we got to snoop around and try stuff...it is all home made fresh organic beauty products. Smells so good in there...and it's a cute little place with lots of colorful soaps and bath bombs and shampoo balls out....almost looks like candy or cookies..I asked Vicki to step back and get a shot of the little shop but she felt stupid but I did get these shots of Miss Roni "selling" me some stuff. I did buy a couple solid perfumes in little tubes and I smell like a sophisticated hippie today..lol. Only down side to that place..it's expensive. They just introduced a make-up line and they have some mens products too...shaving cream and lotions.
Let me interest you.... By Dollscrap

Try this By Dollscrap

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

Terry so relieved that your son is ok and will be home soon. Good thoughts for your dh and eye surgery. Have a safe drive.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Great news about your son, Terry. Here's hoping for good news after your DH's eye surgery and that your trip goes well and the grandkids are well-behaved and helpful.

Cute photos, Jeannie.

I may have gotten a job painting a kitchen/dining area and all 4 bedrooms of a friend's home as they are getting it ready to sell. DH came home telling me today that they are looking for someone to do it. He told them we painted our way thru college so I have lots of experience. We shall see.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DO2

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada By Rockmom

Family Vacation 1967 By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 08-21-12 04:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU2H

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Here's 2 digis I did tonight. Need to get creative for a change!
Beach By Abby0317

Peek A Boo By Abby0317

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

BBL2CU DOO TFL!

Making Apple Butter By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning. I am all caught up to here. Planning on going to get a new hair cut and perm today.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Terry: so glad your son is doing well, and I hope your husband's eye surgery goes without problems! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Cathe: hope Rose is doing well. You're right: 60 seems way too young for stuff like that! But, if there are problems, hopefully they can get them figured out early.

Mandi: so glad you're hanging on to your scrap stuff! And it sounds like the 'team" of professionals will make sure your daughter gets the best education possible!

Jeannie: When I got my master's degree, I "walked" for my mom, too. I walked for the BA for her as well, so I did not want to for the Master's. She said, "oh yes, you will walk!" And for this last graduation, she made me do something so embarrasing that only my mom can make me do! For my BA, I did not buy my "Golden Key International Honor Society" sash to wear with my gown. It was $20, and i just did not think it was that important. Well mom MADE me buy it for the MA! And I had to wear this rope that you only see on people getting the Bachelor's! As you probably know, there are rules for academic attire: I really thought they would not let me wear it, then my problem would be solved. But no one stopped me! I just got weird glances all morning as we were getting organized, etc. People were like, "what's the blue and gold rope for?" I gave that rope to my mom, since it was so important to her! Like I said, only mom could make me do something like that!

Catfish in coconut sauce sounds so good! I never thought I liked coconut, but I had never had it fresh! How delish fresh coconut is--nothing at all like the shriveled, sugar-coated grocery store and candy variety!

Thanks for your title of "future connoisseur" for the pic of the little boy at the wine tasting festival. Think I will use it, along with Cathe's idea of "Cheers!"

Cheryl: Have fun getting your hair cut. I haven't had a cut in about 4-5 years. I am growing my hair out for "Locks of Love," to make real-hair wigs for people who can't afford them. Your hair has to be at least 12 inches long, and I think I am there now. Just don't know how in the world I want my new, shorter "'do" styled!

Hello to everyone! Have a great day!

I am dropping off another card for a resident at the home. I know it's the same alphas as the last one I did--I am just trying to use up what i have. There's close to 90 people at the home--hope I can come up with as many unique Bday card designs!

Kim
nursing home bday By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 08-22-12 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

How is everyone today?

Cathe, how is Rose doing?

Cheryl, have a good day at the hairsalon.

Anna, your applabutter page is awesome and brings fall to mind. Wish it were fall!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Denise, fall will be here before we know it!

Cheryl, I have a hair appointment after work today too. I got a perm a month ago, first one in over four years.

Terry, glad ds is doing better and hope dh has successful surgery and a rapid recovery too.

Hell to everyone else!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

I am back, have a new perm and think I am going to love it!! I made it my new avi.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cute, Cheryl!

Anna, fall is not until November here usually. We almost always have our AC still on at Halloween. Maybe this year will be different. Today's high is only 89! Wow, just last week our low was the mid 80s.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DOO

Geographical Center By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU2H

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hey all!!!
Getting ready for another crazy weekend...meaning Labor Day w/e! We will have a full house! People have been here all week and are calling left and right, trying to get in a get-away before school starts sooo it's been nuts!!
I'm glad we are busy, feel very blessed!!! But will welcome hesitantly the calm of October November before the snow season kicks off with the snowmobilers...God willing! We need to make as much progress on the store as possible before the snow really starts to fly...

On another happy note...My kids finally got to come north and spent last weekend here...left Monday! Got to see my grandson Reese. My son Matthew and his son, my DGS Joey didn't come this time...but I'm planning to have a BIG THANKSGIVING here!!! So my kids know where I am....that this place really does exist! LOL!!!

Missing my scrap ******** like crazy! Will be scrappin and sewing and crochet my heart out this winter!!!
Best wishes to those who are undergoing surgery, Terry, DH and son in my prayers!!
Anna...applebutter..YUM!
Mandi, yes, hang in there girl...hope you are feeling better!
Cathe, my best to your sil..and DH's Mom...
OK gals, gotta hop in the shower...then bed...good night!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off:

It's a Party By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

I had a busy day....not as busy as Jo's though.
I did get some scrapping in.

Rose is doing fine. She's home. thank you for all your well wishes and prayers.

Cheryl your hair is really cute. Love the new avi.

Rose can go to the Scrap Expo with me. When I thought she couldn't go, I decided to forgo this convention and go to the CKC one in Oct. It isn't as easy to get to and you have to pay to park. The Scrap Expo has free parking. I don't need to go to both. I really don't need to go to any. lol

Hope to see everyone tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I need to make the most of today as I work the next 3 days. Those weekends to work sure roll around fast even though it is only every 3rd weekend. I didn't get much in the way of house work accomplished yesterday since I spent most of it at the hair salon. So, I am gong to make up for it today. I already have laundry going, supper in the crock pot, plans for lunch with my sister and then more laundry. Catch ya later!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i am back i HOPE
no new computer yet and this one went out after the big storm we had and what so mess up I TURN IT ON TODAY and it pop on i started to throw it out the door but caught myself sweet jesus
so sorry i miss so much hope everyone who sick or have love one sick or hurt get better have added everyone to my daily pray god is always good all the time!! me i am feeling better each day finally got a couple of new neighbors not next door but up and down the street they are renting them like apts they pay rent and bills and the up keep of the house is the realtor job the inside are really nice any old how
have not play with my goodies but school is gettin ready to start so i have the house all to myself so ilook forward too the end of this month
dh is having his teeth fix and that is from smoking and not really taken care of his teeth i tell him everyday but it his pain now sofar the dr have pull 2 lower teeth and next month he doing a xray to see if any other teeth are infected!hate to go on but i miss everyone so much it almost feel like i been lock up anyway i will not try to catch up but start from here if it okay

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Good morning friends!

Mel! So glad you were able to check in with us! We miss you girl! Hope you will be back with us on a regulate basis soon! Hope all goes well with the hubs teeth work. Sounds pretty painful.

Cheryl, your perm looks great as does your new avi! Just got mine trimmed up yesterday. But when my perm is gone, not gonna get another one. It has dried my hair out so much. Of course, coloring doesn’t help the situation any.

Denise, fall usually starts here in late September. It has been so dry here this year that we don’t expect much color in the leaves. Temps have cooled way down here. Down in the low 50s for the most part at night, but some places nearby have been down in the 40s. It has been getting up to 80-83 during the day lately so my air is still on for the time being. Fall is my favorite time of the year but I am not ready for summer to be over.

Cathe, glad your dsil is doing much better and is able to go with you to the expo. Have fun and don’t spend to much! LOL!

Hello to everyone else here!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Mel....what a nice surprise seeing you! Hope your hubby gets his teeth taken care of.

We had a cool week, but it has warmed up again. I loved the cooler weather. I'm ready for fall.

I colored my hair yesterday. It gives it more body. I love when I have my hair salon person color it. But that is so expensive that I only treat myself to that once or twice a year. During the summer I swim a lot and the color comes out quickly. Therefore I use the box stuff. My avi is a photo of me after I had Karen color and put in highlights. It doesn't show up really well in the avi.

I've yacked enough. Have a great day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Mel - so nice to see you!!! Hope you do get to start dropping in more often. Prayes for your dh and his teeth situation.

Anna - I decided to get it permed first and wait a few weeks before I color it again. I don't want it to strip the perm out.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Mel! Welcome back...so glad to see you...of course start from here. It's a good thing dh is getting his teeth fixed, but too bad at the same time...not fun!

Yeah here comes fall however the weather is so weird here the last year or so that we may have winter before fall...right now it is overcast cool mornings and warm sunny afternoons...and cool again just as soon as the sun goes down.

Cheryl how cute! You look good in curls. I cut my own hair when I was at Katy's...with my scrap scissors. It was getting so long and limp and lifeless and the back was two or more inches longer than the sides and I was tired of looking like an old hippie..so after a spur of the moment chop chop...it looks ok. Gonna have it trimmed and a few hightlights added by the gal who has been doing my hair for 30 years. That'll have to wait til I get some $$$..spent a lot of money with Katy last week.

Cathe so glad Rose can go to the expo with you. Katy and I go to one in March and one in Aug...the one in March is at the fairgrounds and it costs $8 to park...and the other is free parking in a nice garage.

Jo glad your family came up...hope you can find scrap time soon.

What date is it...I think my anniversary is any day now...lol. gotta get dh something nice. Know what he got me???? a wagon!!!!! yep a wagon...but it is a cool wagon. One of the gals at the retreat last time had a canvas sided wagon...collapsible...lots a room and she hauled all her scrapcrap into the auditorium in like 2 trips (and this woman sets up a whole workshop)...she got hers at Costco. Well anyway I told dh about this cool wagon and he's been looking and found one he thought I'd like....and after my two big scrapbooking totes went missing (stolen out of my trunk we think but thank goodness nothing in them)...he bought the thing and already gave it to me....just in time for the retreat next month. So I gots a wagon neener neener neener (next thing he'll get me a trike).

Ok it's off to do some laundry and continue thinning out my scrapcrap...getting rid of lots of stuff...this is because when I tried to put all my scrapcrap away in the hall closet...it don't fit!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Hiya everyone! Welocme back Mel!

Congrats on your new wagon Jeannie. You will like having it when y'all go to the next retreat. Oh and congreats on your anniversary too!

Hiya Jo, you are a whirlwind, wears me out just reading about your days. hehe ..and so happy for your success.

Cathe, good to hear you have chance to get to the expo and your sil is doing well enough to go with you. Have a ton of fun.

I've been doing a major house cleaning. Taking everything outta the cabinets and closets, chunking non-used or broken items, wiping everything down, and rearranging it all. We have a pantry in the laundry room that has become a storage area for items that didn't fit anywhere else. Well now I have no kiddos here I am reclaiming that area for its intended purpose. Yay.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Cathe - So glad you and Rose can still go to the Expo. I really would like to find one to go to next year maybe. Right now most of my money is going toward payments for the choir's Florida trip to Disney in March.

Jeannie - That wagon sounds neat!! Happy anniversary soon.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a card:

Boo! By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Think I am going to go read before heading off to bed. I am working the next 3 days so I will only be in after work around 8-9 p.m.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

Hope y'all had a great day!

JoJo: I would absolutely LOVE having a full house of visitors! Mark and I live in a tiny one-bedroom apartment, way too small for guests! Glad you got to see your grandson!

Cheryl: Your new perm looks great! I, too, love the avi!

Cathe: Glad you have teh chance to go to the expo.

Mel: welcome back! I never really got a chance to talk with you all that much: I started chatting here and dropping off layouts Mid-May, and I was MIA from mid-June til July. And you have had your computer problems. Hope to get to know you better!

Jeannie: Happy anniversary and enjoy that wagon! I always meant to tell you that I LOVE Roni's hair color! It takes a beautiful girl and makes her drop-dead gorgeous! Not many people can pull off that color, but it's perfect for her!

Hi, Anna, Denise, Terry, Katy and anyone I may have missed.

everyone seems to be up to their eyeballs in house cleaning and laundry. So am I!

Guess what? I got the job of Activities Assistant at the nursing home! They didn't even interview me--yesterday, they just told me i had the job! It's not a CNA job, which I really want, but the job is fun and I still get to interact with the residents. It's only a part-time job, so I will still be searching for a full-time CNA job. It seems that there's not an opening for a CNA at the home--online, it says there is, but the job is really not there. I have only volunteered for 3 weeks! I had thought that if i just showed up and worked, something good would come!

Gotta go. I am in the midst of laundry (y'all understand!)

Have a great evening, everyone!

Kim

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Kim, congrats on the job! They all must like you there.

Cheryl, love your perm! I have a permanent perm! Natural curls all my life....I always wanted straighter hair! One lady asked me who did my perm.... " the big Hair stylist in the sky!"

Denise... I have a house that could use some of your thorough cleaning!!

Mel, glad you're feeling better. Hope your computer problems are fixed soon!

Jojo, you are one busy lady!

Jeannie..... Happy Anniversary!.. Whenever that is!!! Tomorrow! Saturday? Sunday??

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Anna, its cool that I pointed the corenr of my journal block at your county!

Katy, its paper.

Aww, congrats, Kim!

DH and I went and saw the Expendables2. Love all the banter and old movie references.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning!

Congrats on the job, Kim!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Here's a tip:

Ribbon Storage By Rockmom

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Oh my...I have just got to keep current cuz it's takes to long to cu. I'm here with 4 grandkids and I'm sneaking into my office for peace & quiet. Yesterday I took them to the mall, to a Mexican restaurant, Target, Walmart, and finally to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green where we were the only ones in the theater. Two of them have seen every movie out.

Anyway---HI!!!

Welcome back Mel--you've been missed! Hope you DH gets thru the teeth issue. I hate dental pain!

Jo--so happy to hear that you got to see your kids! You are a busy lady!

Anna--did you ever make cinnamon apple butter? YUM! I love fall too but I do wish summer would be over!

Denise--love the ribbon organizer! Did I read that you were a pro painter? I often thought I should do that but now not so much!

Jeannie--Happy Anniversary! I think we've been having CA weather & you got ours.

Katy--Hi, Loved all your new LOs!

Cathe--glad Rose will be able to go with you & I'm really wishing I could. Portland doesn't have anything cool like that.

Kim--Congrats on the new job!

Cheryl--love the new do and avi!!!

Donna--where art thou????

Thank you all for the well wishes. Hubby is doing great...no pain & no problems. In 6 wks his vision in that eye will be better than 20/20. And Danny is home and doing great! He feels good and is back to being his ole self. Now I can for sure bonk him on the head for forgetting my bd.
It's photo op time with the kids so I'll ci tonight!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Yeah, where is Donna?????

Terry, we make cinnamon applebutter. We use the liquid cinnamon and have to get the pharamcy to order it for us. It's so yuumy on a fresh homemade bread or a hot biscuit!

Edited by Anna C on 08-26-12 05:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good evening!! JCI and going to read before bedtime and start all over again tomorrow.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya!

Yes Terry, DH and I used to paint new construction homes near KC in 1976 and 1977. Glad to hear your DH is doing well and so is your DS! Good news!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

All caught up.

Jeanne the wagon sounds great...Happy anniversary.

Denise-good for you cleaning and organizing. Come on over when you're done.

Kim-congrats on the job!

long day I'll tell you about my purchases another time.

Oh Terry- Portland has either a Scrap Expo or CKC. I'll try to find it in my Scrap Etc. magazine

good night

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, y'all!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Terry: sounds like you are really having fun with your grandkids!

Denise: love the ribbon organizer. I don't really have much ribbon, though I should b/c I bought that Bow-dabra bow maker back in May, intending to add ribbon to my repetoire (sp?). I have only used it a couple of times...maybe that could be my goal for next month: use ribbon!

Donna: hope you are OK!

Went to HL last night, and I spent $35. They didn't have Graphic 45's "Little Darlings," but I got stuff I like. I got My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found," along with a booket of tickets from TH (with sayings like "dream," "love," "soar," etc). Also got some stuff for making Christmas cards, 2 6X6 paper pads, and adhesive for my Xyron. I had a 40% off coupon.

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes for my new job. I didn't even interview for the position! The home went to the "Guardians of Freedom" air show at Offut Air Force Base. It was fun, but we were there a bit longer than I wanted to be: we got there at 11am, and we did not leave until 3pm! Almost had a serious probelm: John wanted to go to the commissary, and it was OK for me to take him. Well, he's about 400 pounds, and he is in a wheelchair. The way to the commissary was DOWN HILL; I was running, trying to control the movement of this chair. I was sure I was going to hit a curb or find some way to hurt John! On my 3rd day since I got the job! Man, do I thank God that John wasn't hurt. That could have been so bad!

DOO: This is the LO that I asked you guys for help with (coming up with a title). It's very simple, and it came together really quickly. But I still like it! TFL!

Kim
Cheers! By Jaspernonyx

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

JCI and ACU. Have a great Saturday.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Stopping in to say hello.

we haven't heard from Stacey or Donna in a long time. Maybe when summer winds down....

My long time friend and I usually meet at the mall on Sat. mornings. We did today, but were joined by two of my grandkids. My daughter had a hair appointment at 11:00 and her dh was on duty. It worked out fine. took them into Barnes and Noble for awhile and then to the food court. By then Mommy came and met us. Carole and I shopped a little bit and then parted.

Waiting for my brother and sil to come up. We have a baby shower for my niece Annie tomorrow.

Please pray for my new little nephew. he is only 2 1/2 lbs. and made it to 29 1/2 weeks. His name is Griffin.

all you Florida people stay safe from the Hurricane!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

OMG Cathe that is such a little size for a baby! Hope he's healthy! I assume he's in neo-natal care? And I'd love it and thank you for looking up Portland in the scrap mag for me!

I concurr about Florida friends. Stay safe & dry!

Anna--my mouth is watering!!! I love cinnamon apple butter & jelly. It's hard to find too!

Since I'm jci I'd better run again. Two little princesses are playing nail salon in my bathroom and I need to ci with them to be sure the polish is where it should be. Emma must have brought over 25 bottles of the stuff...I am amazed!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Thanks for the anniversary congrats...it was yesterday. 27 years...geez.

Praying for Fla...also praying for Cathe's little nephew Griffin. Cathe sounds like you had a nice day.

Terry...25 bottles of polish...lol. gotta love little girls when they first discover make up and nail polish and perfume. Vicki never got into any of that really but for Roni it was makeup starting at age 11...she had several of those big kits full of shadows and blushes..she got really good at applying it but was not allowed to wear it to school til she was 13. She loves nail polish too...now she works at a cosmetics store...I gotta say our house smells really good.

I watched baseball all day and continued cleaning out my scrapcrap (to make way for the new). Embellishonline already has the two new G45 pps so I ordered some....got some of the new Prima flowers from SB and was notified my new Swirlydoos kit is on the way. Haven't scrapped since last weekend...kinda burned out. Hopefully the new stuff will get me going again...I know I know..I said I wasn't gonna buy any more scrapcrap...so I lied. I'm not to be trusted. I have this addiction.......

Congrats Kim on the new job! That was scary about John and the wheelchair..so glad you didn't crash. As for Ronis hair...it does suit her...so does black..she switches back and forth...her natural color is a lovely chestnut...haven't seen that in years..but I like the red too except for she gets the color everywhere.

Gotta run....it's time for FOOD!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

JCI, exhausted from the day at work!!

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics