Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: August Budget Challenge        (Topic#1579189)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the August BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of August that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Note: I have already listed the players from last month - but please feel free to join in at any time!

Vivian
Budget: $50
Wish: Square cards, face stamps
Twist: Paper (got a whole bunch last month that I still need to look thru) In other words, I don't remember what I bought LOL not the first time for any of us and surely not the last!

Pat
$100.
Wish List : Brayer, Punches, stuff for upcoming vacation pages
Twist : Cricut Cartridges. I don't use the ones I have, and I certainly don't need any MORE.

Tammy
Budget: British: $100-$5=$95-$9=$84-$20=$6 4
Budget: Canadian $100-$1=$99-25=$76
WISH: (UK) Brayer, Punches, new papers from Autumn Winter SU catty
(CAN) My Digital Studios downloads (31% off sale in August)
TWIST: Nothing that I can't use on a current project Busted Twist

Courtney
Budget: $100-$18=$82-$50=$32
Wishlist: New CHA releases
Twist: Nothing that is not a CHA new release LOL

Sonja
Budget: $90-$24=$68-$12=$56-$28=$ 28 BUSTED
Wishlist: B is for Boy, Create-a-Critter and New Arrival Cricut carts, Faber-Castel Watercolor pencil set, cardstock, emergency (read: impulse) embellishments, chipboard pieces, spend SOD gift card, Echo Park Little Boy
Twist: No. More. Baby. Paper. Sets! (other than stocking up on the sets I already have! and apparently Echo Park )

Alissa
BUDGET: $50??
WISH: CH dividers, trimmer blades, TH texture stamps
TWIST:

Tina
Budget: $50-$18=$32-$20BUSTED
Wishlist all impulse
Twist none

Katie
Budget: 50-$3=$47
Wish: Scrapfest Registration, SMASH book, album for pal's wedding, supplies for pal's weddingalbum, good paper for Gamsol coloring.
Twist: nothing not on sale, too expensive, and that I don't really need.

Kelly
Budget: $125-$3=$122-$3=$119-$96= $23
Wish: Christmas paper (for work samples), Christmas Stamps (for work samples), metallic gelatos set, black & white gelato set, orange gelato set, funky/unusual stamps for art journal, black gesso, charms, masks
Twist: no flowers or leaves Praying - can I get an AMEN!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 08-28-12 12:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Of course I'm back.

Putting a budget out there gives me a target to aim at and then overshoot.

$100.
Wish List : I'm leaving this open to all my impulse needs and wants. I know I want to find something in New Mexico for my vacation projects!
Twist : Cricut Cartridges. I don't use the ones I have, and I certainly don't need any MORE.

Actually, Tammy - I just read YOUR wish list, and that sounds like "perfect" to me! Can I lift the idea for my own?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

of course you can Pat!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Im in also

Budget: $100
Wishlist: New CHA releases
Twist: Nothing that is not a CHA new release LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I have a big wish list this month and not half the budget to cover it.

Budget: $125
Wish: Christmas paper (for work samples), Christmas Stamps (for work samples), metallic gelatos set, black & white gelato set, red gelato set, orange gelato set, funky/unusual stamps for art journal, black gesso, charms, masks, washi tapes

If I were willing to make my store samples at work, I could store use all the product, but I'm always much more creative in my own environment. Sadly I don't really want or need Christmas paper or stamps, so I may break down and take care of samples at my next crop night. We'll see.

Alissa, you are the stamp queen. I bow before you. Any idea where I can get some super cool, not cutesy, not common, funky stamps for my art journal? I definitely want a coffee ring stamp, some stamps that have texures/backrounds, and just awesomely odd images.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly do you have a twist?

Have you seen the Daniel Torrentz (sp?) stamps?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly,

the Rubber Cafe has some really cool not cute stamps and so does rubbernecker stamps...I got some really cool distressed and vintagy type stamps there...Let me know where you find a coffee ring stamp because well uhhh I think I need that...

Scraputante just entered all of the Authentique lines...YIKES LOL I already got the festive one from kelly she brought it for me to CKC lol...now i just need curiosity and the halloween one LOL..

Can someone PLEASE tell me why I have to have halloween paper when I have absolutely nothing Halloween to scrap LOL..but I love it so much

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

ummm re coffee ring - can't you just use a tim holz distress ink pad and a coffee cup to create one?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney you are the enabler Queen - I am off checking out stamps - hellloooooo I do SU and here I am checking out Rubbernecker stuff...sheesh

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

well look at you tammy being all clever LOL..yes you absolutely could!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Wishlist all impulse
Budget $50
Twist none

Thanks for doing this again Tammy.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

I THINK Close To My Heart has a coffee ring stamp.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I don't know if CTMH still has the coffee rings, but Cocoa Daisy has them. Shipping is wicked high though. I should probably get a mug and try what Tammy suggested though.

Courtney, I have a [email protected] ton of Halloween paper too. I love it, but have nothing to use it on. Boo.

Tammy, my twist is flowers and leaves. Pray for me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

ok I just had to pick myself up off the floor Kelly - really that is your twist - I shall pray for you but my knees aren't what they used to be.

However Congrats for July - you stayed on budget!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

GOOOO KELLY!!!!

I may actually be able to stay in budget this month...our schedules are insanely busy..but I do have 2 crops LOL and Kelly is vending at one of them...HELP ME LOL!! Its this coming weekend, and I dont think she has gotten any more shipments in so I may be safe!

I love how Sonja blames my shopping spree on her spending LMAOOOO shes lucky I heart her LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I THINK Close To My Heart has a coffee ring stamp.

They also have a new catalog out. My consultant is saving one for me. I may need to change my budget-lol

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

OHHH EMMM GEEE Alissa..I saw the ornamental Light collection at convention!! kelly did buy a couple of the stamps and the dies...I will have to see which ones..I had no idea it was a new line GRRRR lol

I love your example by the way

Tina....im trying really hard to avoid that new catalog LOL...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I have a big wish list this month and not half the budget to cover it.

Budget: $125
Wish: Christmas paper (for work samples), Christmas Stamps (for work samples), metallic gelatos set, black & white gelato set, red gelato set, orange gelato set, funky/unusual stamps for art journal, black gesso, charms, masks, washi tapes

If I were willing to make my store samples at work, I could store use all the product, but I'm always much more creative in my own environment. Sadly I don't really want or need Christmas paper or stamps, so I may break down and take care of samples at my next crop night. We'll see.

Alissa, you are the stamp queen. I bow before you. Any idea where I can get some super cool, not cutesy, not common, funky stamps for my art journal? I definitely want a coffee ring stamp, some stamps that have texures/backrounds, and just awesomely odd images.

Blue Moon Scrapbooking has a great selection and free shipping at $50.

Scrapbooking Warehouse has a great selection, competitive prices and reasonable shipping.

Definitely check Artistic Outpost. And I Brake for Stamps.

Need more?

No budget yet. Technically, it should be zero. But y'all know how that goes.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

LOL yes Alissa we know how that goes...off to do some shopping LOL Stamps may be as addicting as paper for me :/

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

everyone make sure you check out the HC blog - our Alissa (who never toots her own horn) has 2 creations featured on the blog!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

yes she does have 2 features and they are absolutely LOVELY!!!

You go girl!! i love what you do with their stamps

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I was actually really surprised to see that they used my card as the sneak peek for next week's release. I thought that card was a dud!

Thanks, Tammy and Courtney

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Better out than in, Alissa... TOOT that horn! And congrats! Which one did you think was a dud?! THey both look stunning to me! I still can't get over that you use Prismas to shade... that lamp post looks like a photo!
And I love love LOVE that card with the trees!!! Gads I wish I had the time (and creativity, and patience, and imagination) to do something like that!

Still determining what my wishlist and twists are... Budget should be zero too... (LOL @ Alissa)

And yes, Courtney, I blame you... but I heart you too, so it's all good!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

methinks I'm going to be visiting the HC booth at the next Expo.. DH better confiscate my credit card before I go... LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Dearest Tammy, you can cross off the red gelato set. It finally came back in stock at work, and I picked it up yesterday with a coupon for $6. Doesn't affect my budge for this month AND I still stayed in budget for last month. Yay me!

BTW, I'm already twitching at the thought of no new leaves for the month as there is a die I've been craving. Seriously, I'm craving it more than a salted caramel chocolate bar.

Hi Tina!

Off to check out everyone's stamp site suggestions. I'm scared I'll become addicted to stamps like our dear Alissa. That could become quite a problem.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Better out than in, Alissa... TOOT that horn! And congrats! Which one did you think was a dud?! THey both look stunning to me! I still can't get over that you use Prismas to shade... that lamp post looks like a photo!
And I love love LOVE that card with the trees!!! Gads I wish I had the time (and creativity, and patience, and imagination) to do something like that!

Still determining what my wishlist and twists are... Budget should be zero too... (LOL @ Alissa)

And yes, Courtney, I blame you... but I heart you too, so it's all good!

Sonja, I actually thought they were both duds. I find it so amusing, however, to hear what other people think. I've also made cards that I am SOOOO proud of and no one else gives them a second look

I didn't use Prismas on either card this week. I used Loew-Cornell pencils. They blend only slightly better than crayons I love the texture though and the colors layer nicely. I guess they're more raw than Prismacolor pencils. I don't know of anyone else that uses Loew-Cornells with stamping. They were five bucks one day at M's and I just wanted to try them out.

That card with the trees is a total result of laziness. It was VERY easy to do! I picked three shades of green distress ink and just stamped the tree a few times. I used the cheap Loew-Cornell pencils. Coloring is easier and less fussy with the cheap pencils. the hardest part of that card was fussy cutting the apples. And that wasn't hard.

Got and email from Js. 40 percent off everything online!!! And 2.95 shipping My cart is just under $50... what to do...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

okay it is only Day 1! Wait 24 hours Alissa and if you still desire - pull the trigger.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL Alissa - slightly better than crayons... *snort* classic!
Well I think they look fabulous! I agree though, sometimes the things we think are our worst representation end up being everyone's faves! In any case, I enjoyed perusing your gallery again...

I really want to get those Faber-Castel watercolor pencils, but keep chickening out... I saw that J's coupon at 6am this morning... Must. Not. Give. In! I've spent enough!!

By the way, are we doing BGB again???

Okay, I think I've worked out a beginner wishlist here... My budget includes my $30 SOD gift card tho.

Budget: $90
Wishlist: B is for Boy, Create-a-Critter and New Arrival Cricut carts, Faber-Castel Watercolor pencil set, cardstock, emergency (read: impulse) embellishments, chipboard pieces, spend SOD gift card
Twist: No. More. Baby. Paper. Sets! (other than stocking up on the sets I already have!)

How was that for a loophole?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Wait 24 hours

I know Js and Ms are both carrying the gelatos. I think Kelly was interested? HL might be as well. Can't remember. Watercolor pencils are fun!

I'm going back to work this month so I won't be doing BGB

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Alissa...that is a total fact and has happened to me a bunch...I have had layouts that I thought were just wowsa, and was so proud of and got 3 comments on LOL..and others that I thought were just ok or even "duds" i got rave reviews. So weird how that happens.

Sonja...I have missed you girl...I have $150 in J's gift certs that are burning holes in my pockets LOL...I may have to head to their site though and see what kind of sales there are

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Rats, Alissa! I was looking forward to finally crossing off my announcements to-do item!! Oh well, I'll live!

I've missed you too, Courtney! Holy gift card, batman! Want help spending that???

Well... day 1 and I've already spent $24.50! FINALLY won that B is for Boy cart on evilbay today! Only took me six tries! These w*tches are crafty in their bidding wars! LOL! So that's off my list already! Whew... no more spending this pay period... (HA!)

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I can host BGB if you everyone wants it back.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

You're the bestest, Kelly!!

Okay, I take it back... I also want to add Echo Park 'Little Boy' Kit to my Wishlist... THEN no more baby paper sets!
Products Referenced in This Post:

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I can host BGB if you everyone wants it back.

yes yes yes!

I'm a terrible hostess anyway

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I too need it to keep track of my to do list - someone a piece of paper just gets lost and this keeps me on track

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Alissa dear can you at least put some of those things on your wish list - you don't have one or a budget yet so if you haven't got one you can't bust yet so perhaps you could pull the trigger and start over for the month lol

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Its almost Friday!! and well I spent way too much money at CKC so I will not be spending this weekend at all!! I may actually stay in budget this month LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh I think I almost choked and what I was drinking - but yeah Courtney - let's give it a go!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

WISH: CH dividers, trimmer blades, TH texture stamps

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney is most amusing today.

Ok, I'm off to start a BGB. I'm making one exception. I need to pick up something at work today, and I won't be giving myself an ape for it. I'm off the next four days so should be able to get plenty of stuff done and earn some bananas. Have lots on my to do list this month...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Here you go.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

LMAOOO now I am on a mission to prove that I can stay in budget...(silently hopes to self that the new CHA releases come in super slowly so I can survive this month LOL)

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Tina- Speaking of Scrapfest, I'm going to try and go this year. DH has a men's retreat which is on the way to the cities from our house in the woods. I probably won't take any classes, since I won't be able to register until we have more $. I hope I can make it to Scrapfest though!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

$2.60 spent on black and white gelato set. Please cross it off the list.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

LOL Kelly...well that seems like a great bargain. I satisfied my shopping needs by going to J's with DH last night...i had my gift cards and I only spent $23.00. I got new cutter bee scissors, they had TH Stamps on clearance for $4, so I got one that I didnt have, they also had card bases for $.97, so I got a couple of those and I got Memento Brown Ink and Stazon Black...Stretching out those gift cards as far as the eye can see

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Tina- Speaking of Scrapfest, I'm going to try and go this year. DH has a men's retreat which is on the way to the cities from our house in the woods. I probably won't take any classes, since I won't be able to register until we have more $. I hope I can make it to Scrapfest though!

I just signed up. The site was so slow and things filled up quickly. I did get into Heidi Swapp (took 30 minutes of the computer thinking), Tim HOltz, Studio Calico and Maya Road classes. An hour later but happy, wanted into a Epiphany Crafts but was full.
Getting a badge even last minute shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you get to go.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney - do those gift certificates count in your budget? I don't remember the loop holes you have claimed lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Seriously if it is a gc then I don't think it counts - nope only real money counts against the budget in my book.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

NOOOO my GC's dont count LOL its the only way I am going to stay in budget this month LMAO!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol - well I was going to count them!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL oh that would just be evil

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I won a GC for Paper Secrets. Gonna hang on to it for a bit...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm totally okay if gcs don't count, Tammy... I'm bidding on the 'New Arrival' cart and not one that's sold so far has gone for less than $50... That'd bust me if my SOD gc counted!!

Courtney, sounds like you got some sweet deals at J's!

Tina, glad you got into those classes at Scrapfest! I've always wanted to take a Tim and Heidi class, but Tim doesn't come to our Expos and Heidi's classes fill up SO fast! Can't wait to hear what all you do! That ought to help your spirits! :o) How are you feeling these days???

Well be proud of me, ladies, I actually USED my Gypsy and Cricut today and MADE something!!! Just a quick 'Thank You' card for my parents, but hey, it's SOMETHING!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $50
Wish: Square cards, face stamps
Twist: Paper (got a whole bunch last month that I still need to look thru) In other words, I don't remember what I bought LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Vivian Lake

Hi ladies.
Sonja yesterday was my first really good day in over a week. I was able to take my 17 year old school supply shopping and lunch. I came home and needed a nap but then went up in a friends 2-seater airplane and then to the movie Magic Mike. Starting at about 1 today I have the rest of the weekend to myself so I hope to scrap. I haven't uploaded a page since early June I think.
Congrats on using your Gypsy. I don't use it enough and get frustrated when I try.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ok ladies I don't know what is going to happen to MY budget but the dh has taken up digi scrapping and he loves it! He even signed up here with an account Mr Moose - oh he better work more overtime for his own budget! LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Tina honey every good day is one less bad day...praying you have more good days than bad this coming week.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy love that your DH is interested in sharing your hobby. How fun is that? Mine is very supportive but he wouldn't spend 2 minutes in my scraproom:)
Thanks for your prayers. I don't mind the bad days so much. I feel like the meds must be working if I feel like ********:)And my family helps a little more around the house:)
My hair is gone so it killed off something-lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Between 2 different visits from gf's and a nap, no scrapping yet.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

That's the way to look at it, Tina - those 'bad' days mean something's working! And I'm so glad you have the good days too! Those are almost more important! Don't worry, the scrappin will come!

Tammy - that is SO cute your DH has his own account and is into your hobby as well! Mine will watch me sometimes and offer advice or opinions if I ask - he even helped a few times - but mostly he just supports me. One question though, where'd Mr. Moose come from???

DH and I have hung around the house together all day. Did some cleaning, played with Carlo. We'd planned to go out, but DH told me last night he really misses being around Carlo during the day and seeing our day-to-day life. So this was a mellow day. (Though I do this every day, it was fun to see DH playing 'horsey' with Carlo on his knee!)

And then I came downstairs and caught them watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians together!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Lol Sonja glad youhad a great day.

Tina, glad you are finding some good days inbetween.

So ladies you would be so proud of me! Went to a crop yesterday and Kelly was vending total danger zone right? Nooo I only bought the new Teresa Collins Vintage line. Spent $18!

I got a 30 minute massage and my goodness was that heaven!! I was wishingit was 3 hours lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney I sooooo miss my monthly massages. I started getting them a year ago and they have helped with tension headaches, but with my port in my neck for chemo I'm not getting them.
Sonja sounds like a perfect family day. Glad to hear that bf is working better. I hate to ask this question, but when do you have to go back to work:(

I've been dying to shop for scrapping goodness. J's has some great deals online and so does HL.
Yesterday there was free shipping day on sb.com. I almost bit the bullet because for every order in August there is a chance to win Echo Park papers. I LOVE ep!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

how about some reflexology Tina? That might help you relax a little and not bother the port.

Courtney I am indeed proud of you!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I really don't know anything about reflexology and I'm sure it's not available in our small town. But I will google it-thanks Tammy.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

it saved my life Tina when I was having a few little heart blips about 5 years ago. Until I came to the US I went once a month - helped me balance my entire system.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I googled it and have heard of the technique just didn't know what is was called. I will have to check into cost and location. Thanks again Tammy!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

good luck in your search Tina...It would be great if you could find something that gives you relief...

Hope everyone has a happy Monday (trying to get through yet another week) LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks Courtney:)

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

Tina, I'm not going to take any classes at Scrapfest, but registration is $25, so I think I can swing it. I'll be half way there with dropping DH at his men's retreat. My friend is working at A's this year, so I can't hang out with her, which is the best part! I'll get my $'s worth with make and takes. I still have 80% of my class projects to finish from last year. I'll really have to budget my $ at the store/rotunda though! I have some old jewelry to sell. Now, to decide if I should use it to pay bills or get scrappy?

My budget this month will be $50, including SFest registration. I'm not sure if I'll register this month or next. Either way, there is enough stash to last for a month. My twist is a bit vague, but I have no idea what I'll find in the cities/ or if I'll have time to shop.

Darn A's send me an awesome coupon AND is have a super good sale on stamps! Thank goodness I'm out of town!

Wish: Scrapfest Registration, SMASH book, album for pal's wedding, supplies for pal's wedding album, good paper for Gamsol coloring.

Twist: nothing not on sale, too expensive, and that I don't really need.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

Katie love, is the pal's wedding album for you or a gift or a commission project (if one of the last 2 it does not count in your budget).

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Next month my bugget will be HUGE because I spend so much at A's and the hotspot in the rotunda. I don't count classes and registration in my scrap budget because it is MY vacation:)

At midnight I saw the fruit deal and had to set a goal to purchase it. I've had a pile of thank you's sitting on my counter waiting to be addressed. Bad thing about everyone switching to cell phones, it takes time to find addresses. Anywho, I got them done and spent $17 on today's deal. Now I need more stamps.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

I need more stamps.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I need more stamps too and HC is coming out with a new line tomorrow AHHHH lol

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Katie love, is the pal's wedding album for you or a gift or a commission project (if one of the last 2 it does not count in your budget).

Tammy, how I wish it were a commission! It's a gift to her from me. I have most of the pps, but need pics and an album.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

I spent $3 on Ranger foam refills for the distress tool. I don't think they should count. I mean I needed those. How can I ink without them? Anyone buying this story?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

a kitchen sponge works just as well Kelly lol (really though how can one ink without ink and if you didn't buy ink you would need those ranger refills lol).

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I spent $3 on Ranger foam refills for the distress tool. I don't think they should count. I mean I needed those. How can I ink without them? Anyone buying this story?

me me me!!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

LMAO I love how we totally can justify any purchase!! this should be called the enabler challenge LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Alissa gave me the eye.

Tina & Courtney agree with me. I knew there was a reason they were on my BFF list.

Seriously though, I can't stand the idea of cross contamination of inks. Each color needs its own foam pad. I'm obsessive like that.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Kelly/BFF I agree about the cross contamination.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

I third the cross contamination. I want to get some more Ranger foam pad things for my Distress Inks. Will have to add it to the list of things to buy when I have $.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

I'm so behind!!

Tina, I go back mid-September IF DH doesn't go in for surgery before the end of October. We'll know the last week of August about that so I'll keep ya posted. I'm dreading it because we still don't have a daycare situation yet! EEK!

Alissa, I find it hard to believe YOU need more stamps... unless you mean postage stamps!

Kelly, I think you've totally justified your ink purchase! And I fourth... I HATE cross contamination of inks!!!

I spent $12 at TJMaxx on Sunday... OMG they had a whole RACK of EK Success and MS punches for $3.99 each!!! If DH hadn't been with me, I'd have busted right there! *squeee* I was able to justify three punches (only three because that's how much he spent on a pack of his favorite overpriced socks!)... if that Maxx hadn't been a 45 minute drive away I'd have gone back Monay afternoon and ransacked the store!

We actually did get to have our date afternoon. Dropped Carlo at Grandma's - she had a BLAST with him - and went down to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. Went to Maxx, got gelato, walked on the CA incline and thru the promenade. Was a nice getaway! We're going to the beach for a few hours next weekend - it's only been 110 for the last two days... I am melting

Alright... my borrowed time is up - catch you gals later! Behave!! LOL

Edited by SonjaC on 08-08-12 03:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I seriously need to check out TJ Maxx, of course I need to check my budget first. I may or may not be busted. It was quite a trip.

And Alissa, you couldn't possibly need any stamps. Good Gravy, girl. You could open a stamp shop. Now I need stamps. Who knew I'd ever grow to appreciate the stamp. I'm in search of the perfect thin, tall, willowy flower stamp.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly you have LOTS of money left girl!

And I also agree about cross contamination of inks but still it counts!

Ummm Kelly hun I think Alissa's stamps are like your leaves and now it appears perhaps flowers?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

and I spent a whole whopping 1.25 yesterday on digital downloads. I got one 9.95 set for free because I ordered that hexagon digital punch for 1.95 (but with my discount applied it came to 1.25)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I still havent shopped...Of course I havent been home long enough to shop...or think or scrap LOL...tonight I think is just a chill night...then back to the craziness tomorrow! LOL I am hoping to get some time in my scrap room tonight...but my house could really use a good cleaning....dilemmas!!

Sonja, glad you and hubby got to have a date afternoon...and thoughts and prayers for your hubby...hopefully he wont need surgery??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I spent $4.60 today on a lino roller (looks just like a hard rubber brayer to me so we are calling a brayer and praying - since they are super expensive here). Apparently it is for wood printing blocks but the Su one is a hard rubber too so it should work.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja no daycare yet? Do you have some ideas at least?
Shoot I drove by TJMAxx yesterday and was in a hurry and didn't stop.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Hope it works for you Tammy...

I have gotten some really cute MS punches at TJ Maxx..CHEAP!! you can get some great deals, but just like everything else there, it is hit or miss...i check back often just incase i hit LOL

Well my non shopping spree may end today...but I still have $75 in visa gift cards from my birthday that I think I may spend. Im heading over to Scraputante to have some girl time with Kelly....and you all KNOWWWW that there will be something that i have to have LOL!! She hasnt had a chance to play with her HC stuff so we are going to play with that and do some coloring...and shopping LOL

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Oh, TJMaxx. I found some MM ribbon and stamps at Marshalls. I'm heading to the cities this weekend, and I can't be tempted to shop. I do need to run to J's to get towels to embroider. I wanted to make a card for my pal's wedding with dominoes, but it didn't work. I thought about using G 45's Le Romantique, but I didn't have the right pprs, and I can't exactly go out and buy them. ARGH!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

Thanks Courtney! We had a good time! Actually we do want him to have the surgery... ideally it'll fix the severe acid reflux in his esophogus and stop the scarring in his lungs. That in tern should improve his lung function dramatically. He'll still have his chronic disease, but this will help a lot!
And Courtney, I think your non-spending spree is about to end! LOL

Tina, nope... no daycare yet... We are on the waitlist for one place, that's the only one in our price range, but we haven't heard back and I'm starting to sweat... We started aggressively looking this week so hopefully something will come up. I just can't believe how expensive it is here!!!
LOVE the discount stores for scrappy deals, though they rarely have the selection I got last weekend... I must have hit them right after a delivery or something! Whatever, it was GOOOOD!

Katie, that's my only problem with G45... LOOOVE their papers, but NO one around me carries them in store so I always have to order them online! Lame!

Speaking of shopping... I'm about to cave on today's deal... boy theme items... I want that Little Boy collection!!! I've got bids in for two cartridges on evilbay, but I haven't won any yet!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I seriously need to check out TJ Maxx, of course I need to check my budget first. I may or may not be busted. It was quite a trip.

And Alissa, you couldn't possibly need any stamps. Good Gravy, girl. You could open a stamp shop. Now I need stamps. Who knew I'd ever grow to appreciate the stamp. I'm in search of the perfect thin, tall, willowy flower stamp.

Stayed tuned for the Heartfelt Creations September release

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I'm so glad I don't have any $ now, since I as forced to look within and make an awesome card/wall hanging! I did spend $1.60 on an ultra fine point sharpie, as mine ran away. I had it 2 days ago too!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Okay... take another $28 off me... I went ahead and got my EP Little Boy papers today! And that is IT for me!!!!! (hahahhaaha)

Think you can probably cross off that emergency embellishments item.. LOL definitely beat that one to a pulp!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Katie - in my opinion that Sharpie does not count - it is not specifically a scrapping item.

I think you are still in budget Sonja!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja I LOVE Echo Park. Probably my favorite line ever, but I hoard the papers. LOL They are all so pretty and I may want them for another page

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

LMAO Tina...I do that with so many beautiful papers!!

Ok are you all ready to pick your jaws up off the floor!! I didnt buy ANYTHING last night....NOTHING..of course her CHA order from Prima is coming in today and well yeah i NEED it!! LOL ALL OF IT...she has a ton of orders that are due in the next few weeks...soooooo LOL I was good last night but it wont take me long to walk off that bridge

Sonja..then I hope he does have the surgery and starts feeling better...Daycare is so expensive!! I hope you get into the place you really want...its so important to be comfortable with the people taking care of your child! Sonja..you just need to move to jersey LOL i would be your nanny and will work for scrappy supplies LMAOOOO!! If only I could really do that!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

...and she thought daycare on the west coast was expensive - who knows what it would cost keeping Courtney in scrappy supplies lol... but I love you both!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

OMG TAMMY LMAOOOOO i literally busted out laughing LMAO!! we love you too....and it would be dangerous LOL

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics