Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: CLOSED-Friends Swap        (Topic#1579197)
Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hello everyone!

Here's the latest swap that's been swirling around in my head lately. This is not your typical swap of course, coming from me (lol)...but, this one would be truly out of friendship for each other.

Kevin loves almost every pic that he takes of me or that I take of myself (lol), but some of the ones that we both love, he always asks me to scrap it for him and I always feel a little conceited scrapping myself so I was thinking of a swap where we post a pic of ourselves that we would like scrapped and a "friend" will scrap it for us! This will be in a secret sister style. We will do survey's and see our friend's masterpiece's starring us!!!

Nitty Gritty:
In order to join this swap you have to be a friend of the hostess or a friend of someone that has already joined, or a friend of a friend of a friend!
I crack me up!
We will be scrapping 8x8 pages of each other. I will pm survey's to everyone when the sign up date ends. We will be mailing the pages directly to our secret friend.
If for ANY reason you can't create for your friend, let me know ASAP and I will create it and send her rak for having to wait!
Post your picture in this thread so I can put them on the first page for your friend to download. Give a little info on the pic if necessary. I think printing the pics at 4x6 should be a good size, and we can crop to fit. If you do not have a printer or can't get to a CVS, WalMart, Target or somewhere that can print the pic out for you, let me know and I will print it and mail to you.

Dates:

Due to your friend on or before Sept. 1st

***Please note that the survey questions are to be answered for the picture you submitted. When answering them, think of what you would like for the picture***

SURVEY

FULL NAME (SCREEN NAME)
Street Address
City, State ZIP

1. Besides the theme of the pic, would you like another used?

2. Would you like any particular technique or style used?

3. What are your favorite paper lines?

4. Would you like to see borders, ribbons, frames, etc?

5. What embellishments would you like to see used?

6. Would you like to have a open or hidden journaling spot or none at all?

7. Do you want a title? If yes, what would you like it to say?

8. For non-themed pics, what are your favorite colors or colors you would like to see used for the pic?

9. Are dimensional embellishments okay, or would you prefer all flat?

10. Add anything I may have missed asking here.

Ms. Pebbles- This is a pic of me on one of my 29th birthdays!
Photo for "Friend" Swap By Ms_Pebbles

Debby- I finally Graduated High School... I got the actual Diploma instead of the GED
Photo for Friend swap By Debby_westbrook

Melissa- We had a major track meet the same day as my Junior Prom. I rushed home from the track meet to get ready for prom. As soon as I was ready, my Mother decided to get some photos of me throwing my shot put while wearing my prom dress, long nails, and flowers in my hair. I love how these pictures came out.
1999 - Jr Prom Shot Put Closeup By Melissa Birlem

Rhona-
My good friend Rhonda By Ms_Pebbles

Toni-
Freind By Tcletoaddison

MOLSON- I chose this one bc it' special to me and I plan on putting the LO made for me in a frame for my scraproom
my daughter Alexis first prom 2012 By Molson

Andrea- Taken at The Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum in May 2012. My favorite video game, Final Fantasy Tactics, was included in this exhibit, and I took a moment to fawn over its display. This is a darker photo and I don't look quite as good, but it is a picture of me being deeply happy about something I love.
for Friend swap By Aquabunny

Bonnie-
me mid 1950's By I Heart Scrapping

Sally-
me By Lookin4newideas

Friends

Ms. Pebbles survey in
Debby survey in
Melissa survey in
Rhonda survey in
Toni survey in
Molson survey in
Andrea survey in
Bonnie survey in
Sally survey in

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Here is my Picture... I want to play!! I do need my friends picture printed and sent to me... This is gonna be so much fun!!!

Photo for Friend swap By Debby_westbrook

I finally Graduated High School... I got the actual Diploma instead of the GED...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 07-31-12 04:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to debby_westbrook

Awww...look at Ms. Debby!!!
I will add you right now!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I'd love to join. However, I have to track down a picture of myself. The only one I have on this computer at the moment is my latest fishing trip.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Melissa Birlem

• Melissa Birlem Said:
I'd love to join. However, I have to track down a picture of myself. The only one I have on this computer at the moment is my latest fishing trip.

Cool beans! That one would be fun to scrap!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

ooh im going to think about this one.. what a great idea!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I may have to use that, since I can't find any other pictures of me that I haven't used. I'm the one holding the camera, not usually the one in focus.

Here's the one I have right now. If I find another one, I'll post it.

2012 Fishing Success - Friend Swap By Melissa Birlem

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Cool beans Kim!
And Melissa, I know what you mean!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

oh this sounds so fun. i think i wanna play.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to YourScrapAttack

Cool beans!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson

What an awesome idea Pebbles!!!! I still don't know how to add pictures to posts but the picture I would like to use is in my gallery of me and my daughter Alexis. It was taken for her first prom this year.

Melissa - I haven't heard "bullhead" in such a long time. (they say catfish here) I LOVE to fish and when we lived in western NY we fished all the time but since moving to NC ( 17 yrs ago) we don't fish as much, mostly bc of my EXTREME fear of all the poisonous snakes we have here. Anyways congrats on the catch!!

Edited by molson on 08-01-12 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to molson

I'll join and get a picture uploaded tonight.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to aquabunny

May I come and play?

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to molson

• molson Said:
What an awesome idea Pebbles!!!! I still don't know how to add pictures to posts but the picture I would like to use is in my gallery of me and my daughter Alexis. It was taken for her first prom this year.

Melissa - I haven't heard "bullhead" in such a long time. (they say catfish here) I LOVE to fish and when we lived in western NY we fished all the time but since moving to NC ( 17 yrs ago) we don't fish as much, mostly bc of my EXTREME fear of all the poisonous snakes we have here. Anyways congrats on the catch!!

LMAO! When we lived in Oklahoma, they called all the variations "catfish" too. We've fished and swam in the Red River not too far from where the River Monsters episode of Alligator Gar was filmed. Lots of poisonous snakes there too along with the BIG fish and gators. Hillbilly Handfishing is also filmed on the Red River, but further from where we were. They're pulling 50# catfish out of holes barehanded. I actually want to try it. LOL.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to molson

• molson Said:

I'll get it for you.

Click on edit for the pic you want and then make sure you check the box next to "Allow Public Embedding" this will allow you to post it here.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I'll join and get a picture uploaded tonight.

Cool beans!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to tcletoaddison

• tcletoaddison Said:
May I come and play?

You sure can!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• Melissa Birlem Said:
  • molson Said:

LMAO! When we lived in Oklahoma, they called all the variations "catfish" too. We've fished and swam in the Red River not too far from where the River Monsters episode of Alligator Gar was filmed. Lots of poisonous snakes there too along with the BIG fish and gators. Hillbilly Handfishing is also filmed on the Red River, but further from where we were. They're pulling 50# catfish out of holes barehanded. I actually want to try it. LOL.

That's my girl right there!!! LOL
Kevin always asks me "how are you so gorgeous and a Tomboy at the same time?"

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

• Ms_Pebbles Said:
That's my girl right there!!! LOL
Kevin always asks me "how are you so gorgeous and a Tomboy at the same time?"

Kevin, it's simple! Ms. P has TALENT!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I think I have an idea of a photo I'd like to use. I just have to locate the picture and get it scanned in. It's from my Jr Prom. We had a track meet the same day as the prom. I left the track meet, hurried home to get ready, and before I left for prom, Mom took a picture of me in my prom dress throwing my shot put.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

lol...that sounds cute!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson

omg Melissa if you hillbilly handfish you have GOT to share pictures!!!!!!!! That looks sooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to molson

Right!!! Wanna go??!?!? If I get the chance to go, I'll definitely try to get as many pictures as possible! That would be an awesome mini album... in a box shaped like a catfish where the album pulls out of it's mouth...

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• Melissa Birlem Said:
Right!!! Wanna go??!?!? If I get the chance to go, I'll definitely try to get as many pictures as possible! That would be an awesome mini album... in a box shaped like a catfish where the album pulls out of it's mouth...

That's an awesome idea Melissa!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I love that Hillbilly Handfishin show!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I just checked their website and because of the popularity of the show, they aren't taking reservations anymore. The show, however, is casting for next season... hmmm...

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

i love that show, your cat fish album sounds kewl.

i will upload my pic in a minute.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

hello ladies... Thanks for the invite, Pebbles.. I'm thinking about this one, it sounds fun, but I don't have any ink in my printer at the moment. but I may have an older photo, but I think it's slightly larger than a 4x6. It's a b&w photo of when I worked for Prudential years ago when I lived in PA. They used to send out a quarterly paper for the employees. They would choose an employee out of all the offices and write an article on them. At the time I was in the reserves and a volunteer Big Sister. It's a pic of me on weekend duty in the cockpit of a C130.
Its one of the few pics of me on duty in uniform. And the only b&w. I think it's a cool picture. SO, I don't want it cut up or totally glued down.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Lookin4newideas

• Lookin4newideas Said:
hello ladies... Thanks for the invite, Pebbles.. I'm thinking about this one, it sounds fun, but I don't have any ink in my printer at the moment. but I may have an older photo, but I think it's slightly larger than a 4x6. It's a b&w photo of when I worked for Prudential years ago when I lived in PA. They used to send out a quarterly paper for the employees. They would choose an employee out of all the offices and write an article on them. At the time I was in the reserves and a volunteer Big Sister. It's a pic of me on weekend duty in the cockpit of a C130.
Its one of the few pics of me on duty in uniform. And the only b&w. I think it's a cool picture. SO, I don't want it cut up or totally glued down.

Hey Sally!
I'm printing out the pics for anyone that needs the pic print out of their secret pal and sending it to them so they can scrap it. So your pal will not be scrapping your original photo so you don't have to worry about the original being cut and glued, you just have to upload it on here so they (or me), can download and print it out.
I hope I just made sense. lol

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I will add my picture soon, can't decide which one to use.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

I had the same problem!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Hello Ladies!!!!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hey my friend!
Where have you been? lol

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I burnt the inside of my hand the other day. I got lucky no blisters and today it didn't hurt...

I joined a gym and today I had to meet with my trainer to get a excerise schedule and learn how to work the machines.

I pretty much am ready for the Baby Shower on Saturday...

How have you been?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Ouch on the burn!! I'm glad you're okay! I've been busy and chillin at the same time. Between swaps, projects and contests for the dt I'm on, it's been the good kind of busy so I can't complain because I actually find it relaxing when I'm in my scraproom working.
Now the salon is a whole 'nother story! LOL

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hey my friends!
Today is the deadline to get signed up with your pics. Let me know if I need to extend the deadline.
Off to the salon now! Have a great day ladies!

OffDutyEducator
Resident
OffDutyEducator

Okay- I'm in.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to OffDutyEducator

Cute pic Kimber!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

friends swap By YourScrapAttack

may i ask my pic to be printed for me.? i still have stitches and cant walk, asking me parents to go print it for me will be a disaster.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

No problem! Nice pic!

Rhonda I need you to enable public embedding on your photo so I can add it to the first page.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Nice pictures!!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Great photos ladies!!! Can't wait to get started!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Me either! We r just waiting on a couple of more photos to be posted then I will exchange names!
So exciting!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Okay, here's mine:
for Friend swap By Aquabunny
There's some contextual information about the picture if you click through to the gallery. If the colors are too dark I have uploaded a second different picture just in case, but I think I would prefer this one if possible.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

Cool beans! I will post it to the front.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I finally found my pictures from Jr. Prom... I'd rather have this one scrapped as I've tried several times and just couldn't make it work.

1999 - Jr Prom Shot Put Closeup By Melissa Birlem

There's also a full-length photo in my gallery.

The photo is from 1999. Prom was held at the Milwaukee County Zoo. I took 3rd place in the State Competition that year. It was one of my best Shot Put seasons! I absolutely love these pictures.

There is more information with the picture in my gallery.

OffDutyEducator
Resident
OffDutyEducator

Shot put- in a prom dress? That is awesome!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

awww...Melissa you are so pretty!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Love that picture too Melissa!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Thanks ladies. I hope one of you amazing scrappers can do something with it. LOL. I've tried several times and it just didn't come together for me.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hey ladies!
I need opinions...I stated on the front page that we would start off making 8x8 pages for each other...does anyone want to make that an open option? Where the creator decides whether to make anywhere from a 8x8 to a 12x12.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

I've added the survey to the front page and I'm waiting to see if Toni is going to join us. If everyone can have their survey done and pm them to me by tomorrow, I will exchange names and we can get started!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

8x8 does travel easier. Also, if we already started a BOM in 12x12, we could just take the 8x8 page and mount it to a 12x12 mat. Guess it's all personal opinion, but I'm fine with either size.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I'm also fine with either size, for the reasons stated above - 8x8 can always be mounted on coordinating 12x12 by the recipient. And 8x8 ships cheaper, and no one should have to feel bad about receiving a smaller or larger layout than the one they made.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

Cool beans! I will leave it as is.
Thanks ladies!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Survey sent...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I just sent my survey!!!

OffDutyEducator
Resident
OffDutyEducator

Please remove me from this swap.

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson

survey sent looking frwd to this swap

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

• OffDutyEducator Said:

Whhhaaaaa?!?!!? I hope you stay in the swap!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• OffDutyEducator Said:

Is everything okay?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Am I too late? I had to drive my daughter to Columbus, Thursday, then I went away to NY for the weekend Friday and I've been busy all day today and getting around to playing catch-up this evening.. I still need to look for a picture tonight.. I haven't been home long enough since Thursday..

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

You're not too late. I just posted the survey today.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Submitted my survey.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to aquabunny

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning Ms. Debby!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Good Morning!!! I have to go exercise at the gym in a bit. I'll be back later...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 08-07-12 04:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

Trying to sneak in at the tail end of sign ups. Survey sent. Here's pic.

Me 2008 By I Heart Scrapping

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to i heart scrapping

Hey Bonnie!!! Glad to see you here.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• i heart scrapping Said:
Trying to sneak in at the tail end of sign ups. Survey sent. Here's pic.

Me 2008 By I Heart Scrapping

Adding you now!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

Thanks for adding me, Ms. Pebbs!

Hey Melissa!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I'm so excited!!! I just hope whoever I get wont be disappointed!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I feel the same way, I'm worried I'll let someone down.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

Good morning ladies!
I think we'll all do fine!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to aquabunny

I have the same concern every time I participate in a swap. I'm sure your creations will be amazing!!!!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

We are just waiting on one more person and then we can get started! WhooHoo!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson

gm everyone

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to molson

Hey M....how have you been?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I am so sorry.. I never have a life and the past four weeks I have been going here there and every where and I'm out the door now and will be gone the rest of the day will be gone tomorrow out of town and then going to the fair on Saturday and I hope I can scrap on Sunday!

But I posted a pic in my gallery. I couldn't find the one I wanted to use.. I'll find it next week, I'm sure.. because I just had it out last week.
but here's the link.. I need to run, I'm late already.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/3 708309.ht... I hate having my picture taken.. but I needed a close up for a profile on a dating site I'm on.. I know pathetic, lol

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Freind By Tcletoaddison

Hope this one is ok.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to tcletoaddison

Good morning ladies!
We are now closed and I will get the front page updated now and put the names in a bowl and get to swapping them!
Rhonda, I still need your survey.
This is so exciting!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Bonnie's picture is going to be way too small for anyone to print well at 4x6, I think. Can she upload a larger version?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

Thanks Andres for catching that.
Bonnie, I just printed your pic and it came out blurry stretching it out to a 4x6 size. If that's the biggest it can be, the pic you posted of yourself in your younger years would be perfect to scrap as well! You are too cute!
Let me know.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

That's actually a great idea. Let's use this one.

me mid 1950's By I Heart Scrapping

I'm off to a scrappy weekend with three g'friends and I'm running late, as usual!!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Awe, Bonnie, that's such an adorable picture!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Will we be getting our partner's names soon? I'm hoping to send a batch of photos to be printed at Walgreen's on Saturday before this week's sale on prints ends.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Will we be getting our partner's names soon? I'm hoping to send a batch of photos to be printed at Walgreen's on Saturday before this week's sale on prints ends.

I'm will get them to you all today. If Rhonda still hasn't sent me her survey, the friend that gets her name can create at their discretion.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Yippeeeee!!! I have my name and I'm so excited!!!!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson

Bonnie I LOVE your picture!!!!!!!!!!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to molson

Thanks Melissa and Molson.

So, I showed that pic to my friends at my weekend getaway crop, and one of them asked what happened to my other leg.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Were they serious?? Did you tell them you were born with only one? You can see you're sitting on it.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Were they serious?? Did you tell them you were born with only one? You can see you're sitting on it.

HAHAHAHA! She was kidding, but I played along and we had a few chuckles.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hey ladies!
I've had a pretty busy last two days and wasn't really able to log on here like I wanted so I will be printing out the photos today.
I know Debby said she needed me to print hers, and Sally. Does anyone else need their pic printed and sent to them?

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

JCI. I'll be picking my photo up from Walgreens this afternoon. It just didn't come out very crisp on my printer.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I had mine printed over the weekend, no problem.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to aquabunny

Hi everyone! I just opened my first swap. Come check it out!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/15/ti...

A big thanks to Ms. P for letting me post in her threads!
* This message will repeat in other threads. *

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning ladies!
Debby and Sally I will be picking up your pics today and dropping them in the mail to you.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Last night I played around in my stash finding papers and potential embellishments for this, that was fun!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to aquabunny

Thank you Pebbles!!! I'm excited to get started!!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics