Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: CLOSED AND WORKING-Elaborately Embellished Library Card BACK TO SCHOOL Swap        (Topic#1579441)
stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

I hostessed several elaborate tag swaps and the tags sent in were absolutely GORGEOUS! Well, I vowed that the one I did for summer was my last one for a while...until I started making my son's back to school mini album and created this:

Elaborately Embellished Libary Card By Stopnstare07

For this swap we are going to dabble in some Back to School themed library cards! Use your imagination, top of the line products and plenty of techniques and embellishments to make these cards elaborate works of art! NO flat cards allowed for this swap...they must all POP and be dimensional, covered with gorgeous papers and/or fabrics and be loaded down with quality embellishments! Just to be fair, you must have atleast FOUR different types of embellishments on these.

The criteria of the library card: The libary card needs to be storebought. Some scrapbook companies sell these and I know you can find them in teacher supply stores.

You are required to ELABORATELY decorate ONLY the FRONT...the back will be used primarily for journaling. You can decorate the back if you wish, but minimally (perhaps a themed embossed stamp or dimensional sticker, but nothing to cover up the majority of the lines)

Here are what the library cards look like blank:

Blank Library Card (Front and back) By Stopnstare07

If you can't find the library cards or don't want to buy a large quantity I can send you 4 for $1.50 (this includes shipping.)

The task at hand: You will completely transform and send in FOUR library cards using elaborate scrapbook papers, dimensional flowers, ribbons, bling, pearls, punches, stick pins, beads, die cuts, chipboard embellishment, interactivity, tickets, charms, brads, mists, inks, paints, stickles, diecuts, words/letters....whatever your heart desires that is true to the BACK TO SCHOOL theme and will make the libary card an amazing work of art!

These library cards need to be very elaborate. I must say this again...these library cards need to be very elaborate. VERY ELABORATE. They must be adorned with embellishments and be something that you would be proud to receive. Please also make sure your library card "says" something. It can be one word or it can be phrases, but it must tie into the back to school theme.

Again, please do not forget, DO NOT cover the back of the library card.

Your library cards DO NOT have to be the same. Create 4 very unique ones if you so desire or send in 4 of the same!

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do your BEST work on these! The bar is set high, but you will be receiving fabulous works of art so don't hold back on the creativity!

The swap: In order to keep the swaping process simple and flaker free, this will be a send 4 , get 4 back type of swap. Each participant MUST send a four library cards in and you will receive four library cards back.

DUE DATE: September 30, 2012

SHIPPING: Because these will be pretty elaborate and possibly of a delicate nature (and because we don't want them to be smashed or damaged,) please package them individually with your screen name on each packaging. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME DIRECTLY ON THESE. Be sure to include same amount of postage PLUS 4 extra stamps.

OH...in lieu of sending a hostess gift, you can ABSOLUTELY send me a gorgeous library card instead! I plan to use them in my son's kindergarten album!

Back to School PLAYERS:
HOSTESS
Silver
CraftyTwin - RECEIVED
Arteshamac - RECEIVED
Provinca
JessicaLB
All4ty
Mwendt - RECEIVED
Scrappinlily

Edited by stopnstare07 on 10-16-12 11:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to stopnstare07

If Back to School is not your thing, I can also have an "open theme" spot and we can just have 2 different "themes" going. Just let me know! :-) I will go make an "open" theme one now...

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Top!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

I'm in for the back to school group. Maybe the open group, but let me wait on that for a bit. I might have you send me some library cards. I may have some colored ones from years ago but I don't know the dimensions. Is there a dimension requirement?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to silver26AK

Welcome friend! So glad you are joining. These are so fun to make and very practical! The library cards are the standard size. I think the measurements are roughly 3x5 or around that.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, Henva.I am fairly new to scrapbook.com. Are there certain requirements to join the library card swap? Thank you for your time. Artesha

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to arteshamac

Hi and Welcome!!!!! The only requirements are that you check in so we can know you are still with us and to do your best work! You only have to turn in 4 of these and you will get 4 back so just take your time and create something fabulous! Let me know if you want to join for sure. We would love to have you! :-)

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

count me in...where do I buy the cards? If I can't find them then I will paypal you some money to send me some cards.
I'm looking for some Vegas Style diecuts or party ideas for my husbands upcoming bday...any suggestions or ideas?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to CraftyTwin

Adding you, LaTarris! I've seen them on Amazon and I ended up finding some locally at the Teacher Supply Store. They come in packs of 50s. I am happy to send some. Just let me know before you paypal! I have plenty! :-)

A deck of cards automatically came to my mind when I read that...or poker chips. I do know they will print info on poker chips...that would be a CUTE addition of some sort to that party (customized poker chips). Look in PINTEREST! :-) I just joined and got some fabulout ideas for my wedding!

Edited by stopnstare07 on 08-06-12 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Ok. Thanks so much for the prompt response and the warm welcome. I will let you know for sure if I will play along sometime this week. I am going to try to locate the library cards this afternoon:)Do you think office supply stores such as Office Depot and Office Max carry library cards?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

• arteshamac Said:
Ok. Thanks so much for the prompt response and the warm welcome. I will let you know for sure if I will play along sometime this week. I am going to try to locate the library cards this afternoon:)Do you think office supply stores such as Office Depot and Office Max carry library cards?

That was the first place I checked and had no luck. I know Amazon.com has them and I got mine from the Teacher Supply Store. I would call one before you went in. I believe they are called library book distribution cards. If not, you can paypal me $1.50 for each set of 4...that includes shipping. I am also including the inside cover sleeves with them. You don't have to use those for the swap, but I am sure you will find something to do with them! Hope you are able to join us!

Edited by stopnstare07 on 08-06-12 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Oooh! We have a teacher's supply store nearby. I didn't think about that:)If they don't have them, then I will let you know so you can send me some. BTW...Count me in:)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Adding you!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Hi Henva! I'd love to join this swap. I bought some library cards a few years back at CKC and haven't gotten around to using them yet. Here's my chance!!!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to provinca

Henva, I would like you to send me 4 cards please. I have a few of my own but would like a few more. I just don't want a bunch. So can you please send me 4 and I will paypal you $1.50. Thanks

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Anna...welcome!!! Erin, PM me your address. I will stick it in the mail tomorrow!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

PM'ed you Henva. Thanks!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Erin, getting that package ready right now! :-)

Is everyone signing up for Back to School or are there some Open Theme takers?

provinca
Governor
provinca

I'm in for back to school.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to provinca

sign me up please for back to school. My baby is starting pre-school this year, and I want to start a mini for her.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to jessicaLB

Sure thing! Welcome, Jessica!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to jessicaLB

I see folks peeking in...stop peeking in and join! The more the merrier!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Top!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, Henva. I am in for the "Back to school" swap. I have two questions, though. Do you want the library cards completely covered at the top?(On the front side only, of course) And do you want them all to be preschool/elementary school themed? Or could we do middle/high school themed library cards? Maybe one of each age group...I apologize if I am asking too many questions. This is my first swap and I want to make sure I comply and do my best work possible:) Thank you. Artesha

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

You have TOTAL control over how you cover your cards and with what. Mine is just a sample of the level of creativity I want these to be at...lots of premium product and a variety of product and techniques. Your ideas for themes sound great. No, they don't have to be Preschool/elementary at all!

Thanks for asking those questions! No such thing as too many.

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to jessicaLB

Please add me to your swap. Love this idea and have ideas floating around already.

all4ty
all4ty 
Diva
all4ty
In response to mwendt7

I'll take a spot

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thank you:)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Welcome, Melissa and Pam!!! No problem at all, Arteshamac.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

It is looking really good in here! We have some fabulous crafters signed up who do AWESOME work! Thank you all for joining!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Arteshamac had a good point though about the different age groups. Some people may not be able to use a high school or college themed back to school tag. I don't think we should do different groups for different ages though, that could be too much. Maybe you can make a note of what people would use and try to swap accordingly. I know that seems like a lot of effort, so maybe it won't work. Well I can use any age group theme. My son is in Elementary School, I have tons of my High School pics I can scrap as well as some College pics. So if someone wants to do a High School or College theme, feel free to send it to me.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Even though I need Elementary, my child will go to Jr. High eventually! LOL...now that you guys say that, I have a DCWV stack I've NEVER used that would be perfect for this swap!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, Henva. I wasn't trying to shake anything up or make the swap difficult! LOL! I just wanted to be clear whether or not we were just doing elementary school themed library cards. Sorry for the confusion:) Have a great day! Artesha SN: I am going to the teacher's supply store tomorrow. I will let you then whether I need to send you money for the library cards.(If I am unable to find them)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Oh no...no shake up! We just throw ideas out like this all the time. Everyone in this swap has swapped with each other numerous times and all have a comfort level. I have swapped with Erin for the last 3 years! Just let me know about the cards... can have them out the same day! Happy shopping! :-)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

I sure will:) Thanks!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to jessicaLB

We sure could use a few more ladies...anyone? Anyone? :-)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Anyone, anyone?

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

yes, go ahead and send them. Do you need my address again? pm me your info for the paypal. I might still have it but just in case send it anyway. Thanks.

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

I am waiting to see where I am on swaps after this weekend, I want to join but need to make sure I will be able to finish them on time so I have been watching this swap

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to scrappinlilly

LaTarris...ok.

Scrappinlilly...sounds great! We'd love to have you!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

I got my design done!! Now all I need to do is finish the other 3, and find ONE more embellishment.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to jessicaLB

WOW! You are fast!

I spent my weekend actually moving so I am completely relocated now to my fiance's house. There I DO NOT have a scrap spot. He was trying to get me to downsize my stash...can't do it! LOL...so my scrap room is still at my house. I am going to spend some time really going through things and organizing. He has a game room and he allowed me to put my shelves in there. I will probably do a lot of scrapping in the formal dining room (which he said no. A friend of ours recommended a plywood piece to go over the pool table for me to scrap on...I really liked that suggestion! So pray for me...that I find a place in that house to scrap. The garage is entirely too hot! LMAO...Have a great week, everyone!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, Henva. Ok...so I went to the school supply store last Friday only to realize that they had closed:( Could you please send me four library cards? Although I don't have a pay pal account, I could definitely get the money to you. Thank you. Artesha

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Sure thing! I will get it out tomorrow, along with LaTarris's

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

JCI

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to mwendt7

Received my cards today, thank you

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to mwendt7

Hey Henva, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I did receive the library cards you sent. Thanks!!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thanks so much:) Have a great day! Artesha

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin
In response to jessicaLB

I sent the paypal yesterday. what size are the cards? I wanted to practice before doing the finished ones.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Work is CRAZY right now...I will have these out very soon.

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

I want in please

provinca
Governor
provinca

Henva, I've been looking EVERYWHERE for my library cards that I bought a few years ago and I can't find them ANYWHERE!! Can you please send me some as well as your paypal info! Thanks! You know I'm going to find them as soon as yours arrive don't you?????

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to provinca

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

I received my library cards and hope to start on them this weekend.

Edited by mwendt7 on 08-23-12 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to mwendt7

Still waiting on my cards:) Can't wait to get started!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to jessicaLB

JCI

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to jessicaLB

JCI

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

CI

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

jci. no cards yet but haven't been scrapping anyway due to the storm so I will catch you gals later...on shelter duty.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

jci. No cards for me yet. Scrapping my friend's daughter's Senior photos in my spare time, though. CraftyTwin...stay safe! I have been checking on my mom and the rest of my family in Gulfport, so my prayers are with you all! Artesha

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Ok...so I've been SUPER swamped with BACK TO SCHOOL. My ds is a Kindergartener and (for those that didnt know) I am an Assistant Principal so it has been NUTS! I have 3 packages prepared to go...my 2 ladies who requested long ago I will send another set (PLEASE stay safe in the storm!!!!) and Provinca...yours will be put in the mail tomorrow.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to jessicaLB

Welcome Scrappinlily!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Thanks Henva! Let me know where to paypal the money and I'll get that right out to you!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to provinca

I started on mine and will try to finish this weekend.

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin
In response to mwendt7

received my cards yesterday, thx. Storm has passed but still on shelter duty.

all4ty
all4ty 
Diva
all4ty

jci

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to all4ty

Got my cards Henva! Thanks so much; now off to create something!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to provinca

Jci...no cards for me yet. Anxious to get started! Happy Sunday, everyone:)

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

Started on my cards. 1 done 3 to go

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to mwendt7

Yay! Got my cards yesterday! Hoping to get started before the weekend:) Artesha!

Edited by arteshamac on 09-05-12 04:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

JCI Henva

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:) Happy Friday, everyone!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Hey ladies! Hope you have a great weekend! Can't wait to see these cards. I hope to be able to get ALL of my scrap items situated this weekend so I can get going on the rest of these!

provinca
Governor
provinca

LOL -- I just found the cards I bought a few years ago! I knew that was going to happen just as soon as I started on these!!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to provinca

Worked on these today. I am almost finished, I have a few finishing touches to add.

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin
In response to mwendt7

jci. I finished 4 cards but only happy with 3 of them. I will try to finish the others by this weekend. Will post pics then.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

POST PICS!!! I would love to see them to get some motivation...flatline right now. :-)

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

I need your address to mail my cards, didn't know if it changed since you moved w fiancee...

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:)

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

jci

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:) Working on my cards today:) Have a great weekend, ladies! Artesha

provinca
Governor
provinca

I'm just about done with mine. They neede "something else" but I'm not sure what. I'm going to just look at them over the next few days and see if it comes to me!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to provinca

jci:)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far. Just a couple more day before these are due. Post some if you are done so we can see!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Yes...please PM me for address because it is a new address. If, for some reason, you send to my old address I should still get it because my mail is being forwarded.

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin
In response to jessicaLB

just got notified that I have to go to baton rouge for 11 days to do disaster food stamps so I'm so glad I already finished these...will put them in the mail in the morning. will try to take pics tonight.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:)

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

finished these. Just need to take pics and mail out.

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

I will have these mailed out tomorrow.

**LIBRARY CARD**A+ By CraftyTwin

***LIBRARY CARD***STUDENT By CraftyTwin

**LIBRARY CARD**SUPERSTAR By CraftyTwin

**LIBRARY CARD**TEACHERS RULE By CraftyTwin

***LIBRABRY CARD***SCHOOL SPIRIT By CraftyTwin

Edited by CraftyTwin on 09-19-12 12:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci. Mailing Monday during my lunch break. Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend:)

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

My daughter mailed these off Friday so Henva you should get these tomorrow.

provinca
Governor
provinca

I've finished my cards finally. I ended up embellishing the pocket more than the card because the card got flimsy with all the "do-dads" on it. The actual library card has room for journaling on it. Hope that's okay!

Embellished Library Card - Hit the Books By Provinca

Embellished Library Card - Star Student By Provinca

Embellished Library Card - Report Card By Provinca

Embellished Library Card - School Days By Provinca

Embellished Library Card - 1st Day of School By Provinca

Edited by provinca on 09-23-12 11:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to provinca

Very pretty cards, ladies. Can someone tell me how to post my embellished cards to this forum? Or am I just supposed to post to my gallery and it will appear here? Thanks for your time.

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin
In response to provinca

These r great.

provinca
Governor
provinca

• arteshamac Said:
Very pretty cards, ladies. Can someone tell me how to post my embellished cards to this forum? Or am I just supposed to post to my gallery and it will appear here? Thanks for your time.

When you're in your gallery with your picture on the screen, do this:

1. on the left side of the screen, click on the link that says "link/embed". a box appears in the middle of the screen; and then . .

2. click "IMG code"

3. click "larger"

4. click on the link in the box that says "copy and paste" to highlight it

5. RIGHT click to copy

6. then go to the post where you want to copy it and RIGHT click to paste it.

Hope that helps!

all4ty
all4ty 
Diva
all4ty
In response to provinca

checking in

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to provinca

Thank you so much:)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:) Henva, please PM your address so I can get these in the mail during my lunch break today. Thank you. Have a great day, everyone!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

Here is a picture of my cards.

Library Cards By Mwendt7

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to mwendt7

Jci:) I have to try to upload tomorrow. My computer is moving too slow and I am sooo impatient this evening! LOL!

Edited by arteshamac on 09-24-12 06:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics