Page 5 of 7 
Username Post: We Have Winners~** NEW for Sept. Gallery Inspired Challenge **~        (Topic#1579947)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GMFTS

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-09-12 02:18 PM
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
I'm all caught up too.

Um I just noticed something - Mary you aren't playing? You're doing all this work just for us and you aren't scrapping as well?

Rosie you are so sweet...Yes I am scrapping..I waited till last...

I will be uploading in a bit.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-09-12 05:16 PM
In response to GMFTS

Here is the lvoely lo by sandiNL that I was challenged to lift:
ScrapThat! September Kit~~Memories of An Angel By SandiNL

and here is my take:

Wonderful Life By GMFTS

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
ACU and still mulling how to approach my card ... I'm not very card savvy, kinda why I decided to do a card and LO, maybe get some kind of card inspiration started in my noggin!

maybe think of it as a mini layout?!

I think it's the "mini" part my brain doesn't get! It wants to add ribbon and lace and flowers and STUFF!!

well, ever see those oversized jumbo cards?!?!?!?!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Kim222

Morning, everyone.

I'm WOEfully behind on love.

I'm heading to Arkansas today to take my yearling stallion home to his family. I'll be gone all day - tomorrow is another work day for me.

Hopefully, after that, things will settle down and I'll be able to be more normal for a while.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
Here is the lvoely lo by sandiNL that I was challenged to lift:
ScrapThat! September Kit~~Memories of An Angel By SandiNL

and here is my take:

Wonderful Life By GMFTS

And you said it would be challenging! I knew you would rock it!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
ACU and still mulling how to approach my card ... I'm not very card savvy, kinda why I decided to do a card and LO, maybe get some kind of card inspiration started in my noggin!

maybe think of it as a mini layout?!

I think it's the "mini" part my brain doesn't get! It wants to add ribbon and lace and flowers and STUFF!!

well, ever see those oversized jumbo cards?!?!?!?!

Good point!!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Good Morning.
Safe trip, Pat.

I got mine done Saturday, scrapping with my mother.

This is my inspiration:
1st Cake, 1st Bite By MelissaW

and this is my take on it:
25 candles By JustLyn

I loved this inspiration Dollscrap chose for me! Since she said she liked the banner, I decided to have some fun with that part.

Now I just have to get caught up with the love.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to GMFTS

Just discovered this challenge yesterday when I was admiring Pat Gentlewoodsfarm lo and wondered if it was to late to join in? Corky

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to under5feet

acu

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-10-12 08:08 AM
In response to under5feet

• under5feet Said:
Just discovered this challenge yesterday when I was admiring Pat Gentlewoodsfarm lo and wondered if it was to late to join in? Corky

Corky, I replied to your pm.

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to GMFTS

I'm so behind here and honestly I am stumped. I love love love my inspiration piece but I'm struggling to find some way to use it. Hopefully my new pictures will arrive soon and provide the proper inspiration.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to laurak1

Good afternoon all! I'm home on vacation this week. No big plans but just doing little projects around here. Hope to get my living room painted. Hope you all have a good week.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to flintridgescrapper

ACU. I'm struggling to find photos to use for mine.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to AuntyT

I am behind on love as well. Will try to catch up tomorrow. I'm actually behind on everything. DS stayed home from school today so I was able to make my cards for my card club due Wed.

AND I just printed my pic for my LO. So excited!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-10-12 05:01 PM
In response to pugs223

I think this is the only challenge I am caught up in.

Laura I know how it feels. I really struggled too.

Judy I am taking a few days off later this week. This is my fav time of year although the last time I took this exact week off was 2001 and we all know what happened that Tuesday. So I decided not to be out for the whole week - maybe that's silly but it feels right to me.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to GMFTS

ACU but behind in doing my LO....I have an idea/approach but haven't been able to sit down and start playing yet.....

Alison

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to GMFTS

Mary, do you have any plans for your days off?

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

wow so many layouts already done!
just finished mine, it's ten past midnight - will have to wait to photograph until later)) i'll just enjoy looking at it for a bit)
lots of inspiration to those still working!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to OlesyaK.

blooberry56
Guru
blooberry56
In response to GMFTS

jci =)

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-11-12 06:43 AM
In response to blooberry56

Good morning everyone and a beautiful day it is here.
Breezy, sunny, barely a cloud in the sky.

Judy, I am hoping to spend one day at the beach - I love it at this time of year.

Have some catching up things to do at home and other than that no. Just enjoy and relax and sew and scrap and read and maybe get some fresh apples and bake a pie.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to GMFTS

just checkin in....you ladies werent too rough on us this weekend....finally able to check in after a crazy busy weekend and work has been insane...but I am now ACU!!

Is it friday yet?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-12-12 05:33 AM
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Good morning! Good morning all you happy scrappers.
It's hump day or for me it's Friday...I have a four day weekend...

Hope to get some scrapping in...my mojo slowed down a bit in the last few days but this morning I picked out some photos and some possible paper to use for my next one.

It didn't hurt that I added some entries to my 2012 Album challenge last night and realized that I am only a little over 1/2 way to the goal of 50. What have I been doing anyway?

Well back to work - if I am going to be off I need to make sure the boss has everything he needs.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to GMFTS

Mary - have a great long weekend. I think I have 50 LOs as my goal for the year too. I don't think I have one completed LO yet. However, my scrapbook retreat is coming up the first week of November and sometimes I can get 40 done in one weekend, which then starts my groove for the winter.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-12-12 08:17 AM
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Mary - have a great long weekend. I think I have 50 LOs as my goal for the year too. I don't think I have one completed LO yet. However, my scrapbook retreat is coming up the first week of November and sometimes I can get 40 done in one weekend, which then starts my groove for the winter.

Well when you get your one for this challenge done you will be off and running...

Seriously 40? In one weekend? I am amazed if I get two done.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to debby_westbrook

The trip to Arkansas on Monday went just fine, until the call from my mom.

My dad is back in the hospital - long story ending with he had to have a port put into his chest to bypass the one in his arm that has infiltrated and is bleeding into everything. The one they put into his chest started leaking all over everywhere...

It's a mess. I'm just waiting now to find out when I have to head back that way, but it LOOKS like probably tomorrow they'll be taking him back into surgery.

I'll try to catch up when I can. Right now, I'm just checking in to let you know why I've been AFK for the past two days.

laurak1
Idol
laurak1

Gah this one is killing me! I just can't get my head around anything worthy of this lovely inspiration

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to laurak1

Awww Laura, I know how you feel!

I tried working on mine this weekend as well and could not get anything to formulate. I finally gave up and completed a layout for another challenge. The layout for this challenge has been constantly on the back of my mind though and I think I have it figured out now! I was trying too hard to copy the inspiration's design that I was "clogging" my creativity. Ihad to think outside the box and now I think, when I get time to scrap, I will be able to create my layout!

Good Luck to you!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Doreena

I'm having a bit of trouble with mine as well....I have some ideas but am having trouble making them materialize on paper!
I'm going to go shopping this afternoon for a new colour of ink or embossing powder (not sure which) that I think I need for this thing.....

Alison

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to kiyawinn

mms and jci....

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

(me this week)

Edited by MrsCDJ on 09-12-12 11:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I'm having a bit of trouble with mine as well....I have some ideas but am having trouble making them materialize on paper!
I'm going to go shopping this afternoon for a new colour of ink or embossing powder (not sure which) that I think I need for this thing.....

Alison

Shopping for a new anything always seems to get the mojo going for me

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
(me this week)

Hate those weeks but LOVE that smiley!! Too funny!! The smiley. Not your week. Hugs for your week. Laughs for the smiley.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Kim222

I got my layout done but it took forever, never going to handstitch again. My grandma would be horrified but the uneven and crooked stitches.

My inspiration: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=358725...

My Boys By AuntyT

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:
I'm all caught up too.

Um I just noticed something - Mary you aren't playing? You're doing all this work just for us and you aren't scrapping as well?

Rosie you are so sweet...Yes I am scrapping..I waited till last...

I will be uploading in a bit.

Oh good, I'm so pleased. I'm glad you've joined in too - LOVE your lift!

ACU for the time being. We're nearly finished aren't we? There aren't many people left to go, and it's not half way through the month yet.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

Ok, I got a chance to sit down for a few seconds ...

I still have to get going on my card ... maybe I'll get to sit and think about it after dinner.

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, sending well wishes your way for everything to turn out alright.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to laurak1

• laurak1 Said:
Gah this one is killing me! I just can't get my head around anything worthy of this lovely inspiration

Aw Laura, I'm sorry. I really didn't set out to cause you a problem. I just thought it was so darn cute! Again, sorry!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to NMscrapper

mms

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I am acu

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Good Morning,

Mary - I can only get 40 done if I'm prepared and if I'm working on a theme album like travel. My on going DS and family albums seems to be taking me forever. There are some ladies at this retreat who get over 60 LOs done.

I am excited to start my card and LO - hopefully this weekend. The pic is printed for the LO and the card is going to work for both this challenge and my next month's card club theme.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to pugs223

SO happy! While my daughter was at Girl Scouts last night I poured me some wine and got my scrap on and was able to complete my layout for this challenge!! Yay! I was going to scan and upload it this morning but my hubby had Fantasy Football draft...boo!
Now I'm at work so I'll have to wait until tonight.
I am just glad finally found my mojo and was able to complete my layout!

Edited by Doreena on 09-13-12 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Doreena

Ok, can't for the life of me figure out what "JCI" and "MMS" means.....
Can someone please elaborate?

Doreen, do you have a scanner that will do 12x12? If so, what kind is it and do you like it?

I'm almost done my LO and will be posting later today....yahoo! I'm very happy that I finally got this one figured out!!

Alison

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kiyawinn

JCI = just checking in
MMS = marking my spot

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Ok, can't for the life of me figure out what "JCI" and "MMS" means.....
Can someone please elaborate?

Doreen, do you have a scanner that will do 12x12? If so, what kind is it and do you like it?

I'm almost done my LO and will be posting later today....yahoo! I'm very happy that I finally got this one figured out!!

Alison

No I don't.
I just use the Arc Soft Stitching program and it works very well! Before I create my page, I cut a thin strip off of one side of my BG paper so that it lays perfectly flat on my scanner width-wise. Then when I am done w/ my layout I just scan the top and then the bottom of the layout and stitch them together. Sometimes if the layout is too bulky or there is detail too close to the edges of my layout (on both sides) I will have trouble picking up everything and I wind up having to take an actual pic of my layout instead, but overall it works great!

Edited by Doreena on 09-13-12 07:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mojosmaddy
Guru
mojosmaddy
In response to Doreena

Well I have FINALLY finished my LO and this is as good as it's going to get.

Of course when I went to retrieve my inspiration image its not available. So I just copied the link for sharing it. Sorry about that.

Here is my Inspiration

Sorry for the photo. I had to use my phone because my camera isn't working.

And here is mine

[image] Three By Mojosmaddy[/image]

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
SO happy! While my daughter was at Girl Scouts last night I poured me some wine and got my scrap on and was able to complete my layout for this challenge!! Yay!

yay! you got me worried there for a bit)) can't wait to see it!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • Doreena Said:
SO happy! While my daughter was at Girl Scouts last night I poured me some wine and got my scrap on and was able to complete my layout for this challenge!! Yay!

yay! you got me worried there for a bit)) can't wait to see it!

Thanks!
No worries!
It was my own fault for trying so hard to duplicate the original layout exactly... that was too hard to do since my scrapping style and the original artist's style are different. Once I gave myself a break it came together quite well - I can say I truly love my version of the layout!

Edited by Doreena on 09-13-12 07:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Doreena

ACU...

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Yay! I finally finished. I was a little stressed about this one....it's a digital layout so I had to try and figure out how to convert to paper. I'm pretty happy with the results. My stamping's not the best, and I had to mix a bunch of paint and do many trials before I got the background on this one.....

Inspiration (no public embedding):
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/229351/view /1450771/...

My take on it:
Feeding the Ducks By Kiyawinn

In the end, this was fun! It's inspired me to do more challenges!
Alison

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to kiyawinn

acu

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to TexasMomOf4

Alison - I didn't mean to stress you picking out your inspiration, but you really did a great job with it!! You've inspired me to try that now, too!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kim222

No problem and thank you!
I put the stress on myself...I have this problem of wanting everything to be perfect, LOL!

Alison

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

It was my own fault for trying so hard to duplicate the original layout exactly... that was too hard to do since my scrapping style and the original artist's style are different. Once I gave myself a break it came together quite well - I can say I truly love my version of the layout!

yep i find it interesting that even though the challenge is described as "inspired by", most of us tried to interpret it as a "duplicate the layout exactly" kind of challenge. which it is not. however it might inspire you, isn't it?

and look who's talking LOL)) I copied my inspiration down to the colors))

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, WOW!!! it's goooooorgeous! awesome job!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to OlesyaK.

Sorry I've been MIA! Two mid-term tests this week..computers and Algebray.

Going to see what everyone has been up to here!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • Doreena Said:

yep i find it interesting that even though the challenge is described as "inspired by", most of us tried to interpret it as a "duplicate the layout exactly" kind of challenge. which it is not. however it might inspire you, isn't it?

LOL!
Yeah, I agree.
And doing so puts so much pressure on us and the whole point is to be inspired and have fun! ::SMH::
Oh well, someday we'll learn (hopefully)!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
Alison, WOW!!! it's goooooorgeous! awesome job!

Thank you so much!
Alison

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kiyawinn

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-14-12 04:30 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I agree... I was so frustrated and blocked until I remembered that I didn't have to copy... just be inspired.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-14-12 04:32 AM
In response to GMFTS

Can you believe we are only 1/2 way through the month and we are nearly done?

Makes me wonder if this should be a mid-month challenge?

What say you all?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to GMFTS

I vote YES!!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

Hi - I'm back and this time with the photo!
Finished it a couple days ago and just love looking at it)) time to share..

My inspiration was this layout
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/26028/view/ 3719213/-...

And it absolutely hit me right there and then - I knew which pictures I wanted to lift it for.
I'm happy with the result)

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

What say you all?

Although I'm sure I'll regret this, I say yes. I decided to get my card done today anyhow just so it quits nagging at me!!

blooberry56
Guru
blooberry56
In response to MrsCDJ

Finally done with my LO!

Sisters By Blooberry56

Yay! I had this as my inspiration...

Freckles By NMscrapper

I already had this LO saved in my favorites - I categorize my fave's by what inspires me about them (layout, color, picture, technique) and this was in my color section. I was really inspired by the black and white photos/background with the bold accent colors/banners. So! Here it is. =)

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to blooberry56

mms

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

What say you all?

I say yes too! Still having trouble with my card made one card and I don't really like it so back to the drawing board.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to AuntyT

Finally my layout is done, yay!

The original:

soaking up the sun By ~{Puppet}~

And my take:

Princess Ivanna By Doreena

I had two problems that were causing my creativity block:
1) I didn't have a BG paper even remotely close to the one used in the original layout
2) I didn't have a pic small enuff to mimic the small scale of the design in the original layout

Because of this I could not get anything to come together! But once I told myself it doesn't have to match the original EXACTLY, my creative juices started flowing and I was able to create this layout in less than 30 mins!
And, I love it!
BTW I don't think I have ever used string or tags on a layout before, or if I did, it was a rare occurence, so it was fun doing something different. Oh and I used up some leftover scrap and stickers ~ that's always good!
Oh and I added the clutter design at the top right hand side because my DD said my layout was "pretty but boring w/ out something in the corner".... LMAO!!! I had to thank her after I fixed it because I think it's a nice little touch!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

What say you all?

Mid month sounds good! Or maybe some kind of twist that if you are able to create your layout by mid month there will be another incentive??? IDK. I was able to create mine by mid month but I don't know if I could handle the pressure otherwise! LOL!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

What say you all?

Definitely! May I suggest having a twist sometime of lifting any LO out of the Gallery of the person after you on the list? The last person lifts from the first. That way more love is spread around the participants of the challenge.
Just a thought!

ACU.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

Ok, I did my card, it took me forever and while I'm not entirely happy with it it's a start I suppose ... although with as much frustration as it gave me I'm not likely to get a lot of card making practice.

Inspiration: Public Embedding Not Allowed

loving you more each day By MrsCDJ

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to MrsCDJ

ACU

Alison

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

What say you all?

are you kidding? it's the 15th today! it's not fair to those who think they have another two weeks to create. an extra twist or a challenge would be interesting though..

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • GMFTS Said:

What say you all?

are you kidding? it's the 15th today! it's not fair to those who think they have another two weeks to create. an extra twist or a challenge would be interesting though..

She is talking about the next challenge.. Not this one...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

You mean, like start it mid-month? That would be awesome for me for October anyway. I'm leaving for Italy the first of the month and won't be back until the 16th.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
You mean, like start it mid-month? That would be awesome for me for October anyway. I'm leaving for Italy the first of the month and won't be back until the 16th.

I'm going to Italy with Pat!!!! (I wish)lol...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I don't know if there is room in my suitcase, Debby, but you are welcome to try to squeeze in. You'll have to fight the olive oil for space on the way back though.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

JCI and ACU

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to kiyawinn

Gonna try to catch up this weekend. Love what I am seeing here.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

When you're in Italy Get the ice cream its so good! I had it three times a day!

Edited by AuntyT on 09-15-12 02:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to AuntyT

acu

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:
When you're in Italy Get the ice cream its so good! I had it three times a day!

LOL.

If I ate gelato x 3 a day, I doubt I could get my butt into my seat on the plane. I'd have to stay in Italy the rest of my life. ... hmmmm. Where did you say I could buy it?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Love love love gelato!!!! My cousin and I found a shop somewhere around the Pantheon that sold nutella gelato...mmmmm mmmm good.

I have been working on my layout. I love my inspiration so much, I'm basically lifting it. Hope that works.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Love love love gelato!!!! My cousin and I found a shop somewhere around the Pantheon that sold nutella gelato...mmmmm mmmm good.

I have been working on my layout. I love my inspiration so much, I'm basically lifting it. Hope that works.

I know there is one near the Trevi Fountain plus there are street carts selling gelato and giant donuts. Avoid the donuts not very good at all. All the walking will take off what you eat. Oh you must see the Palatine Hill. I loved it. So wish I could go with you. I didn't get to see the Catacombs in Rome.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to AuntyT

Oh - I'm not going to Rome.

We're doing Florence, Arrezo, Piza, the Cinque Terra, Milan, and Venice.

We'll fly into Florence, stay the first half of the vacation there. While we're there, we're going to do the Arrezo flea market the first weekend. We'll also be stopping somewhere along to way to go to the Prada outlet.

We're scheduled to take the "Taste of Florence" walking food tour, and then we have a cooking class with one of the chefs at some hot shot restaurant. Our hotel is right across the corner from one of the smaller chapels that features some of Michelangelo's works. So, I'm looking forward to morning meditations there. Piza and the Cinque Terra are scheduled for a day trip. We're not going to see all five of the Cinque Terra, just the first two, then take the train and eat at the little Bistro in the fifth one. Our driver will pick us up at the fifth village.

Then we head to Milan for the back half of our visit. We've got tickets in to see Da Vinci's Last Supper, and we also have tickets to see La Bohme' at La Scala. Our last day, we'll be taking the train from Milan to Venice and do a day there, then take the train back to Milan, and fly home the next morning.

It looks to be a whirlwind tour of the best of Italy without having to deal with the expense of "take a taxi everywhere" in Rome. Someday, maybe, Rome. But I want to see Paris next, for sure.

I'm SUPER excited!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I am acu.

Pat, it sounds like you have an awesome trip planned. Have fun!

I have to go back to work tomorrow after a week off. We just stayed @ home, doing little things. This has been one of the most relaxing vacations I can remember!

Hope you all have a good week!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-16-12 01:41 PM

Front is updated and I believe I have everyone but if I missed you let me know.

Judy I am sad that we have to go back to work but I am grateful that the weather has been just amazingly perfect.

Pat - sounds like you have a wonderful trip ahead of you. A group of us here are trying to put together a trip to Italy next fall so any tips you have we would love.
Same goes for any of you -

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Good Morning,

Mary - I can only get 40 done if I'm prepared and if I'm working on a theme album like travel. My on going DS and family albums seems to be taking me forever. There are some ladies at this retreat who get over 60 LOs done.

I am excited to start my card and LO - hopefully this weekend. The pic is printed for the LO and the card is going to work for both this challenge and my next month's card club theme.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to dollscrap

Hello! Popped in to scan conversation and remind myself I'm part of this. I lost the last two weeks -- baking, ironing, lego-ing... -- but really am going to put in an effort to catch up on love this Tuesday.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

Pat - sounds like you have a wonderful trip ahead of you. A group of us here are trying to put together a trip to Italy next fall so any tips you have we would love.

The best tip I can give you is to hire my sister to plan your trip. She's pretty amazing. She lived in Europe for about 18 months, speaks fluent French and Italian, rudimentary German, and she has the heart of a native European.

Honest. If you're interested, I can give you her number. She's always up for a trip. :-)

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I've been busy scrapping this weekend but I have my tabs open so I can be ACU here too!!

Pat - If you ever make it to the British Isles I'll be squeezing in your suitcase for sure!!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Oh - I'm not going to Rome.

We're doing Florence, Arrezo, Piza, the Cinque Terra, Milan, and Venice.

We'll fly into Florence, stay the first half of the vacation there. While we're there, we're going to do the Arrezo flea market the first weekend. We'll also be stopping somewhere along to way to go to the Prada outlet.

We're scheduled to take the "Taste of Florence" walking food tour, and then we have a cooking class with one of the chefs at some hot shot restaurant. Our hotel is right across the corner from one of the smaller chapels that features some of Michelangelo's works. So, I'm looking forward to morning meditations there. Piza and the Cinque Terra are scheduled for a day trip. We're not going to see all five of the Cinque Terra, just the first two, then take the train and eat at the little Bistro in the fifth one. Our driver will pick us up at the fifth village.

Then we head to Milan for the back half of our visit. We've got tickets in to see Da Vinci's Last Supper, and we also have tickets to see La Bohme' at La Scala. Our last day, we'll be taking the train from Milan to Venice and do a day there, then take the train back to Milan, and fly home the next morning.

It looks to be a whirlwind tour of the best of Italy without having to deal with the expense of "take a taxi everywhere" in Rome. Someday, maybe, Rome. But I want to see Paris next, for sure.

I'm SUPER excited!

Not going to Rome, oh man, we took the bus everywhere! Well I did go to Venice and Florence and they weren't my favorites but I did enjoy my time there. Well I guess go see the David if you enjoy statues. Have loads of fun!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Mother Goose

Here is my lo.
Easter Eggs By Justowen

Here is the beautiful inspiration lo I was given.
26*Busy bee* By Beata Massey

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to justowen

ok i think i am acu on love...still working on my card....its a tough one LOL

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4

acu

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to TexasMomOf4

Good Morning ladies!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

Judy I am sad that we have to go back to work but I am grateful that the weather has been just amazingly perfect.

Amen to that!!! I usually work part time from home, and some from the actual sales lot. This week, I'm covering for a vacation, so I'm at town the whole week. I'm not used to that, and especially after the last week, I'm tired just thinking about this week! LOL

Page 5 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics