Page 4 of 6 
Username Post: September -- Very Laid Back Challenge        (Topic#1580195)
Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to Scrapn mama

Well, I think I'm done with 2010. I might do a LO later about our dog Henry whom we had to put down a couple days before Christmas, but it's still too hard. Maybe one day.....

Here's my last three of 2010.

This first one I lifted from Mel. I just love how she did her Christmas cards for 2009 and 2010. Here's the link to her LO:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/101158/view /3720265/...

Christmas Cards 2010 By Scrapn Mama

Our Family Christmas Card 2010 By Scrapn Mama

Good Friends Christmas Cards 2010 By Scrapn Mama

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

DOO:
My Boys By AuntyT

Edited by AuntyT on 09-12-12 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 09-12-12 01:38 PM
In response to AuntyT

Eileen - I thought that was what a shelter stood for...to "shelter" animals. I hope you put up a stink!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to SaraS

Boo! Eileen, that's terrible! I hope that they change their mind... I'd really hate for some beautiful fur babies to lose their lives over some new policy.

Karen, I love your lift!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Eileen-That is just beyond disgusting! Does the shelter currently tout itself as no-kill? I'm so sorry, I'd be beside myself too.

Lisa-I saw something on Pinterest about Borax and honey, but I think that was specifically for ants and/or spiders. SOmething about the bugs taking the poisoned honey back to the hive and killing the whole lot. But I'm not sure if that applies to fruitflies. BTW, ask your Orkin guy if he knows mine -- Keith. He's HAWT!! I look forward to the first Monday every two months.

Melissa-That is fascinating about the fan.

I totally lost focus on the 30 Day SketchAThon. I will probably have a chance to scrap tomorrow, but all day Friday and Saturday morning, I'm working for a friend's company, and Saturday night Nina and I are going to Disney on Ice with my SIL and niece. Sunday we are cleaning the garage, and I have a cookie order to do, too.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to LesleyC

Hi ladies jci & DO2, still battling this headache although it's better than yesterday.

Eileen, that's just terrible, I know how much you do for all the animals...why the change?

Flat Rock Park By Tena E.

My favorite snapshot By Tena E.

ACU again, more meds and off to bed...goodnight!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Just got this posted:

Backyard Friends By Scrapperbee

leaving in the morning for DC until Sunday

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to scrapperbee

Tena - that's the 6 million dollar question. Why the change? NO IDEA!

Lesley -- we are so far from no-kill. We take in an average of 150 dogs per week (I don't even want to fathom a guess of how many cats/kittens - probably double that number). Our adoption/rescue rate is probably around 25%. SUCKS!! We work so hard and then to be hit with this. Just sickening and disheartening. I appreciate all your kind words tonight.

I am so ready to head to New mexico for some serious shooting. Would it be worng to picture their faces.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

Eileen- I hate to hear that news. I think about my own Molly we just adopted not long ago and would hate to think that she could have had that happen. Wish there weren't so many animals without homes.

Dropping one off and heading to bed...hopefully to sleep. I'm dealing with a headache. Tena, hope yours is doing better.

6 months- Jillibean Soup By Lpeeps

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to lpeeps

DOO:
Miss You By AuntyT

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to AuntyT

Good morning!

Eileen, I am so sad to read about the change at your shelter. It really breaks my heart too. I wish the general public would do more to help out with neutering and spaying of animals.

Have a great day ladies.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 09-13-12 08:08 AM
In response to Anna C

Got some scrapping in last night when the kids went to bed and before Russ's flight got in...which was late. Some days, I don't know how he does it.

Football 2009 Team Picture By SaraS

Football 2009 By SaraS

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to SaraS

I'd say good morning - but I missed the morning, so good afternoon. I'm on anti-biotics that make me extremely nauseous, and I'm still trying to figure out when to take them so that I don't have problems driving Cassie to school in the morning. Yesterday, I barely made it home after I dropped her off so today, I took it earlier so I could eat before taking her. It was worse. Anyway, I went back to bed, and just got up at noon. I still need to shower before I go back to pick her up, and pretty soon it will be time to take another dose. 5 more days.

Lots to catch up on here. Eileen, I say picture away - I bet you won't miss.

DOO:

Up North Memories By Dancinirish90

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to dancinirish90

Hey all,

Finally finished Day 9 of the Sketch-a-Thon...on Day 13! I've got lots of catching up to do!

little punk's By LesleyC

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to LesleyC

I got new papers and it's so much fun tearing open those packages.

thru The Hole By AuntyT

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to AuntyT

hosting a scrapbook crop at my house tonight. So excited to get back with my local friends scrapping after the summer off. And an excuse to clean the house.

Speaking of crops, over a year ago, I went to a cool one with some of the ladies on this board.

WTTS 2011- faces By AllAmy
works for the LO about scrapping

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to AllAmy

Hi ladies -- I'm pooped. Physically & mentally. I have a lo that I started the other day on my desk -- think I may go clean up and then try and work on it.

Amy -- your lo from 2011 really cheered me up. Great job. Now I think I shouldn't have cut my hair! LOL

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to ncyankee

Hi ladies!

Lisa~hope your feeling better soon. Terrible about those anti-biotics! You might call the dr. and let them know about the nausea and see if they can get you something different or an anti-nausea to go with it. That sounds awful to have to deal with that.

LisaP and Tena~hope your headaches are better. I had a small one yest but a little caffeine and some Advil kicked it right in the butt!

Eileen~thank goodness you are there for all those cats and dogs or that number would be a lot smaller I'd bet. Now is Diamonds in the Ruff a no-kill shelter and is that separate from the Humane Society that you volunteer at? I see all sorts of post on FB and it's sometimes hard to keep track.

well, off to leave some luv and maybe pick out a picture or two to scrap. First PTO meeting of the school year is tonight and I would like to get something done before we have to leave. Hope everyone is having a great day! BBL

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

ACU!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to MeliMedina

I got another one done last night, now to start the work week to support my paper habit.

Aunt By AuntyT

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to AuntyT

Good morning and TGIF!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Anna C

ACU - that wasn't too bad.

I'm working an event today for the Illinois State Bar Assn. I'm just stuck outside a meeting room all day, so I have my laptop and I'm editing photos, staying current with LO loves, and playing on FB.

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to LesleyC

Good morning!!! Happy Friday!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

DOO: Happy Easter By Dancinirish90

So, after being sick again all morning, I called the Dr's office and told them, and asked if he would prescribe anti-nausea meds. The nurse called me back to say, I had enough doses to take care of the infection and to just stop taking them. ?? Fine by me, but really? If six doses (with 2 that didn't stay in me) was enough, why did he prescribe 14 in the first place?

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi everyone jci and getting ACU, I'm finally feeling much better, I haven't had a migraine that lasted more than 2 days in years.

Off to get caught up on all the chatter & pages

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to lpeeps

• lpeeps Said:
Dropping one off and heading to bed...hopefully to sleep. I'm dealing with a headache. Tena, hope yours is doing better.

6 months- Jillibean Soup By Lpeeps

Lisa, hope you're feeling better. Love the LO, I had planned to do the same thing this week after Anitra's B-day w/her younger & older photos but my migraine put a stop to that, hope to get some scrapping done this weekend though.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

Lisa(Irish), I would wonder about that too, I always thought you had to finish up any antibiotics that you started or they wouldn't work at all...hope you feel better.

ACU again

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 09-14-12 11:18 AM
In response to Tena E.

3 hour grocery shopping DONE. I really needed to stock up our pantry from this summer. And those of you that know me, know how much I HATE grocery shopping! But it's over (at least until next week)

Family night at the HS football game tonight. Should be a beautiful night for it. Hoping for another win!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Tena E.

• Tena E. Said:
Lisa(Irish), I would wonder about that too, I always thought you had to finish up any antibiotics that you started or they wouldn't work at all...hope you feel better.

ACU again

Ditto, why do they always tell you "finish all medication"? Is that so they can justify the large dosages?

ScrappinAmyJ
Diva
ScrappinAmyJ
In response to SaraS

Hey ladies, I am having some computer issues. my desk top will not turn on, and my hubby's laptop is very fickle. One minute you can get on line then you move and no dice....I am going to try to catch up, but so far I haven't been able to comment without having to rewire this stupid machine the good things is the flowers are done and delivered. I promised pics earlier in the week, and I will post when I can....bare with me...will catch up soon!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to ScrappinAmyJ

Did I mention I hosted a crop yesterday?
Well I'm a fast scrapper. Here are the 13 pages I made yesterday.
Used up lots of old papers too. That feels good!!
Bomb's away

Full of Wonder By AllAmy

Evian By AllAmy

Family By AllAmy

Family 2 By AllAmy

Follow your own path By AllAmy

Howl at the Carousel By AllAmy

CAMP 2011 By AllAmy

Mama's Monkey By AllAmy

Simply the Best By AllAmy

Scouting By AllAmy

SPLASH waterslides By AllAmy

Rock Star By AllAmy

Red White & True By AllAmy

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to AllAmy

Wow Amy! You're Rockin', Girl!!! WTG getting all those pages done!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Lisa -- I so understand about computers. My desk top is not working. I love my lap top but I don't find it as friendly fro keeping up with gallery love. (hey that's my excuse).

Karen -- diamonds in the ruff is the rescue that I foster for. We don't have a facility. We are totally dependent on foster homes.

Well Pebbles left me today. I was so happy to see her go -- until she got in the car. Then I bawled like a baby. Her new family called me to tell me that she cried when I walked away but is already settling in. THEY LOVE HER!!

Sorry I've been ignoring my duties here. The shelter has been kicking my a$$. I drove 2 golden retrievers to a rescue group today. Highlight of the week. It's been crazy. Lots of drama (which I might say the shelter brought upon themselves).

So my challenge is going to be unusual for this week. I want to know about your screen name. EXPLAIN it. Some are straigh forward. Some are seriously interesting.

Well I'm a Jersey girl -- who grew up on the religion of the NY Yankees. I live in the south (NC) -- so therefore I consider myself a NC Yankee.

On a side note I tell every dog I rescue. Congrats you have gotten out of Goldsboro. Don't forget about me -- I'm still trying to get rescued! LOL

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to ncyankee

Well, my name is Lesley and my last name begins with a C.

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to LesleyC

My DH came up with my screen name. I was trying to think of something cleaver because I'm not a big fan of the name Karen, and I wasn't coming up with anything and he said "Just call yourself Scrapn_Mama since all you scrap about is your kid anyways."
So I went with it.

Eileen~Yay for Pebbles!! I'm glad she found her furever home! The reason I asked about "Diamonds in the Ruff" is because our first corgi "Rusty" was a rescue from a no-kill shelter in someone's house. They mainly dealt with small terriers, but for some reason they had a corgi. He was an older corgi and we didn't have him for too long before he got cancer and passed, but they had a ton of dogs there. Probably 15-20 dogs or so. Not sure if that's legal or not, but I remember thinking that it was so cool that it was a no-kill shelter and these dogs had at least some chance of finding a home.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to LesleyC

Finally I can leave life love, took longer than I expected, but here goes.

MELISSA W - How are classes going?
How is your baby doing at school?
I'm sure you've told me. When are you due to graduate? As for Sunday classes I've never heard of such a thing.

KAREN W - Belated Anniversary wishes, and I hope you had a wonderful dinner.
Thanks for the white pen indo. I was going to ask about it. It really did a great job!!

COURTNEY - Did you have a great play date with your bestie, and enjoy the evening with your cousin?

HEATHER - LOL. about the new dishwasher. I remember buying mine after my 'dishwashers' left home.
I'm battling the remnants of the flu right now, so I know what you mean about not being at 100%. Hope your cold has gone by now leaving you to create your heart out!!!

KIM/RENEE - Welcome to the group!!

EILEEN - Glad that Pebbles found her forever home.
What a pain in the tucus all that work for a new washer and dryer, hoping they last a lifetime considering all the hassle!!! As for delivering on the 26th, oh NO WAY JOSE!!! let's try that again!!!
Did you ever get the sun roof to close?
Go Cooper!!! LOL. You're a star!!!!
How did Brendan do in the photo contest?
That really sucks about the shelter. What made them make such a decision, that's so wrong in sooooo many ways. I thought the trend today was no kill shelters not three steps backwards!!!!!
SASLOAD4 means Sandra And Steve LOADmaster (my hubby is retired Air Force, and was a Loadmaster on the C-130 Hercules)4 is because there is 4 in our family.

TENA E - Glad the family reunion went well for you.
Belated Birthday wishes to Anitra!! Your daughter is very pretty, and you and your hubby must be so proud of her.

REBECCA - Congrats. on the August Pet poll. It's always nice to get that far and even nicer to get a win.

LESLEY C - I've been smelling your baking all the way down here in Texas, and it smells DELISH!!! If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd be a customer for sure!!!!!!!!
I'm with you there on FL washers. Everyone I know with one has had anything but bad luck with their washers.

SARA - Tradition in our house on the first day of school was to go to the local doughnut shop and have a doughnut. Thinking back now it wasn't the most nutricious way to start their day, oh well it's a memory....

RENEE - Sorry life is being a bum right now, soon it will deal a winning hand.

AMY - When my Mum was leaving school she was offered to work in a florists, full training given, and at the time she thought it was too 'old lady', but now she could kick herself!!!

lpeeps
LISA - LMAO, boys and their manners, I'm still laughing.

I went to the county fair last night with my DDs, and DGDs. I entered three scrapbooks into the fair, I got 4th place with the family album, 2nd place with the pet album and FIRST place with my Grandparents Brag. I'm so happy. I also entered five photos into the fair, one got 2nd place in the Special Effects divsion, the rest bombed. We ate the typical fair food, pizza, baked potato with sausage, cheese, butter and lots of pepper, smoked turkey leg and last but not least funnel cake, YUM!! The DGDs fed some of the animals at the petting zoo, their first time ever and had a blast doing it. As it had rained the majority of the day most of the rides weren't open, but I'm not a big rider and as the babies are too small for some of the rides it all worked out in the end. It was free to get in last night and that's the other reason we went. Call me cheap!! LOL.

I'll be back in a day or two, going to find my mojo and try and get some scrapping done.

Have a great weekend ladies!!

CBTN

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to sasload4

My screen name is All Amy. Amy is my first name and my last name starts with ALL. Being a youngest child, I sometimes do think the world is All about ME! I did change my screen name to capitalize the A in the middle so it was clearer that it said Amy at the end after a previous VLB'er told me she thought my screen name was Alah-My.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to AllAmy

Here's a funny.

I was playing my itunes, and Janis Joplin was playing. The song finished playing, my youngest daughter looks to me and said," what the he*l was wrong with her, she sounds like a cat stuck in her hair and trying to find it's way out". I lost it I was laughing so hard. When I told her that it was Janis Joplin she was shocked, and I told her that when she was recording her songs she was generally higher than a kite.
That's my funny!!

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to sasload4

Hi Ladies!! Been so crazy busy again this week with crazy hours, but some relief coming with the school holidays less than a week away!! YAY!!I was even so tired and worn out last night after dinner a glass of wine and getting Bailey to bed I was in bed and asleep by 8pm lol Practically unheard of for me lol

And it turns out Bailey's dad wants to see him finally! 2 whole weeks just me and Julia! Oh wow!! Girls are taking over the house lol (Bailey hasn't seen his dad since Feb when he moved interstate)

Been naughty and been scrap shopping yet again lol but I kinda figure I can't justify working the hours I do and not spoiling myself as well for a change. (It's amazing how much money I've been able to stash away without a man around!)

Sandra: Thanks for the love and the welcome!!

Eileen: So happy to hear about pebbles! But also sad to hear about the shelter! I didn't think there was places like that left still How disapointing!

Lisa: Get well soon!

Sara: 3hrs grocery shopping?? Oh my! I hope that was alone lol grocery shopping alone with no children is like a small vacation lol

Think I'm all caught up!! Off to make sure Bailey is asleep, put some True Blood on and get my scrap on!! Hope your all having a FANTASTIC weekend

xxx

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to Renee305

P.s My user name comes from my name being Renee lol and the 305 comes from something I signed up to when I was 18 and it was the only number I could get on my email along with my name, now I just it for everything lol

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Renee305

Ugh, stupid insomnia and tacos for dinner...

Amy-I knew your last name and still thought it your SN was "All Amy". Too funny about Alah My!

Eileen-Is it common for shelters not to adopt animals to homes with small children? I kind of get the point (as I'm sure a lot of people give up their pets because the kids and the pet didn't mix for whatever reason), but we are specifically looking for a particular breed (mini goldendoodle), and when I contacted the rescue org for them (Doodle Rescue), I was told they wouldn't adopt to a family with a small child, they would only allow us to foster. Anyway, if you have any pointers, I'd be all eyes and ears (and whiskers!). We want a mini-goldendoodle, because of size, good-naturedness and non-shedding. And I know this is not what you want to read, but we are open to adoption or a breeder, but I'd rather adopt for obvious reasons. TIA for help!

Karen-You'll laugh at this. When I was 4 1/2 (funny, my daughter's age), I had a little friend named Karen and I LOVED the name. I was with my mom in a HUGE store called the Treasury. It was owned by JC Penney and was about the size of a Costco, and they sold *everything*. Anyway, I got lured in by some books and my mom couldn't find me. I was gone for a good half hour or so. One of the sales people finally found me and said, "Hi there, what's your name?" I said, "My name is Karen!" She got on the PA system and said, "We have a little lost girl named Karen and she's wearing __________". My mom knew it was me of course. So she grabbed my arm and said, "Come on, KAREN, let's go!" I've always loved the name, but had to tell the story since it's your name and you're not fond of it.

Renee-I went a little scrap-happy, too! I accepted a job offer the other day, and celebrated by ordering some items on my sb.com wishlist! So, there's safety in numbers. I need to cool it after this though. I justify it by saying, "At least I use my stuff!", unlike DH who collects vintage board games that sit on a shelf until he goes to a convention for a week every year.

Sandra-YAY for the scrappy wins!! What a great feeling that folks recognize your beautiful work!

OK that may have worn me out.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Eh, never got back to sleep, and I'm working the lawyers' conference again this morning.

DO3 -- three whole pages without using my Cameo or scrapping my kiddo.

Day 10 Celebrating Se7en By LesleyC
Day 13 This Girl Can Grill By LesleyC
Day 14 a place to be as SCRAPPY as I wanna be By LesleyC

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

Checking in from paper writing 4377.

Just finished a paper for a group project in which it was a group of about 2. Uhm..... there are 5 people, but whatever. I didn't want to turn NOTHING in and get an F. I will mention accordingly when we grade each other who did what.

I have something like THREE papers due for my Friday class next week, plus I still have to draw the sketches for my Monday afternoon class.

Both of my guys are adjusting well to school, and my oldest is progressively adjusting to the homework situation. The first day, it took 2+ hours to write 8 sentences. The second day, he took an hour and fifteen minutes. The third day, 45 minutes. The fourth day, 30 minutes. Yesterday only about 25 minutes. Next week they start getting more homework on top of the nightly reading/writing requirements. I'm on pins and needles to see where that puts us, time wise. LOL

I should graduate in 3 semesters. Yippee!

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama

Lesley~~Thanks for the giggle! That's a really cute story. I have never cared for my name because I always thought it sounded old-fashioned and the harsh name "Barren Karen" was all to real for me for a long time. (I had Evan when I was 33) But for some reason, I've just never liked my name. I'm glad there are people out there though that do.

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama

Dropping two off:

Big Boy Bed By Scrapn Mama

Autumn Leaves---Changing Colors By Scrapn Mama

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

DOO:

Amur Leopard By Dancinirish90

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Okay, the challenge...When I was at the University of Notre Dame, I was on the dance team/pom squad and was the Captain my senior year. Our name was Dancin' Irish, and I graduated in 1990: dancinirish90. Voila

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

My name... seems self explanatory, but there is a little story to it.

So until I got married, my last name was Worden. After I got married, I would become a Williams. I wanted to create a new email address to use for my web design clients, but I didn't want to use my maiden name and I still wasn't married so didn't want to jinx it by choosing that, either. So, I just made it melissa_w - that way, it would work both before and after I got married.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Oh and I remembered I have one to share! Yay!

lit up By MelissaW

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

I'm what you'd consider a PANK, professional aunt no kids, although I do want kids. When my brother introduced his future wife and I met her son who was 14 months old, I was so psyched to have a nephew. Officially he became my nephew a little over two years ago. So in honor of my little man, Aunty and then my first initial of my name. Now I have another nephew and a niece and both sil's are due in March.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Well, my name is Lesley and my last name begins with a C.

What a boring story ....lol MUAH! xoxox

Here's my equally boring story...My first name begins with C (Christine) and my last name is Veira so there you get cveira. On the other hand, no one can ever pronounce it or spell it correctly so I answer to anything, even V!AGRA and VIRAGO.
P.S I had to insert an ! for the I, sb.com bleeped it out.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to cveira

Because v!agra is soooooo controversial and dirty. :P

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Christine -- you're too funny.

Lesley -- some rescues are worried about small children. And it's just because they've been burned in the past. We just had an absolutely adorable small well behaved hound mix returned b/c of the children. But I'd keep looking -- and yes some like the foster way. This way they can check you out and then adopt to you. Am I making any sense -- I'm so tired.

Heading to the beach tomorrow. spending the night with bro and sil. I'll be back Monday afternoon.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Tena E.

Hello ladies! Popping in and catching up on some love...Going to just jump in from here with chatter! Tomorrow I have the whole afternoon and evening to myself...noone else in the house except me and the dog so I am planning on scrapping my little heart out and maybe posting some layouts and cards.

In the middle of cleaning out our basement and reorganizing the scraproom and still crazy busy at work so I am very much looking forward to letting the paper and glue fly tomorrow.

Well off to bed so I can get up for church in the morning!

(Note to self: Caught up through page 11 on love...)

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to godschild94

Christine-Lol! There were many other creative things that came to mind when choosing a screen name. And I probably should be a little more anonymous.

Janeen-I thought you would be at ScraoFest this weekend! It sounded so fun. A day to sit at home and scrap sounds like sheer heaven to me. Although I would feel too guilty if the weather was nice outside...scrapping is making me not dread being stuck inside all winter!

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to LesleyC

Hahahaha that's too funny Christine!! Some of my private messages end up very bleeped sometimes lol

It's been a truly lovely Spring weekend here, had lots of friends popping in and out for coffee and visits cause I simply refused to leave the house after grocery shopping yesterday lol
And Bailey has even managed to amuse himself playing in the yard all day long

Another scrapping night tonight before another big week at work, so be prepared for the big drop sometime tonight lol

xxx

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to Renee305

Quick drop

6 Reasons Rock By Renee305

So Happy Together By Renee305

Jules and Oscar By Renee305

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Renee305

Good morning.

DOO

Bear Down By LesleyC

We went to Disney on Ice last night. Why do all these kid shows have to go so "dark"? I was expecting Mickey and the princesses. They had to show the stupid two-faced card people from the Queen of Hearts's court. Nina freaked. Then they showed Captain Hook and the pirates. We had great seats, too, which now I realize were part of the problem. We left right after the 2nd act started. Oh well.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

I got three pages done yesterday for the MSC. Yay! Going to try to get one or two more done this morning before class. I'm not really looking forward to class, since I'm spitting mad at my group.

Anyway, going to take photos of my pages in a bit, but first I'm catching up around here!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Well I'm acu (except Lesley snuck one in on me!). Get to that one later.

Gonna go pack and head to the beach. See ya tomorrow night. Not bringing my lap top. Shivers, shakes.

Of course, it's supposed to rain. Oh that will not be GOOD!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to SaraS

Slowly catching up...now through page 13 with love!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to ncyankee

I would love a beach vacay again. Secretly, I wish we weren't going to Disney in the spring. I used to be active vacation girl. Now give me the beach and free drinks all day! have a great time Eileen!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to LesleyC

Hi ladies jci, hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Challenge - my screen name is equally boring...sorry Christine no cute/funny story here LOL. But Tena is short for Ambertena (some of you already knew that).

Eileen, have fun and hope it doesn't rain on your beach fun.

Off to get ACU on love...see ya later

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to ncyankee

Hi ladies,

Beautiful day here today. But going to karate graduation in a couple hours so I'll be inside a dark auditorium for a few hours and won't be seeing the sun until 5 or 5:30. Today is DS's last day as a "Little Champion" and he is graduating from blue to green belt. Tomorrow starts a new quarter and he'll be in with the bigger kids and he'll be starting his junior black belt training. He's very excited because he'll get to start using weapons and he will actually start sparring with other kids. Stay tuned for a new video appearing on FB. LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Have fun at the beach, Eileen!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 09-16-12 01:08 PM

Lots of cu to do!

Russ and I are celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary today! Last night we stayed at the Marriott downtown and then had dinner at the Melting Pot -which is a fondue place. It was sooo good! Addy had a soccer game earlier this afternoon and now we are just relaxing watching football with the kids.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 09-16-12 01:09 PM
In response to SaraS

My screen name: My name is Sara. My last name starts with S. I like simple I guess.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to SaraS

Back from a fabulous trip to a conference in DC. And when I get through the tabs I will be acu on love!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

This is my 3000th post, y'alls!

Apparently I do a lot of this:

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

Hi gals. I went to the Cubs game today - gorgeous day for it. Now I'm itching to scrap, but I need to choose photos.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
This is my 3000th post, y'alls!

Apparently I do a lot of this:

LOL... it counts your comments on pages, too, so it's probably a lot of this, too:

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I got a layout and a card done today

I recently started playing with Spectrum Noir markers...i am liking them so far, but still not extremely happy with the outcome...but i finally feel like I can show people LOL

Thinking of you By Newtoscrapping2011

And here is the layout i did

A Day at the Park **Scraputante** By Newtoscrapping2011

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to newtoscrapping2011

acu2h except for allamy's layouts....will catch up with all of hers when I have more time.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to Anna C

I'm wiped out. I spent the last half of the day with my hubby in the ER. He was out doing yardwork and suddenly was very short of breath and his heart was beating super fast. We tried to get him settled down for about 45 minutes and then he went downhill. His arms went numb and he couldn't catch a breath. I ended up calling for an ambulance. His heart rate was up around 145 and he had gone white. Very scary. When they got him to the hospital they moved him to the bed and it knocked his heart right back into rhythm. Wierd. It was some "electrical" malfunction that wouldn't let his heart regulate and as quick as it happened it resolved itself. Very scary. he is home and fine now, tired but fine.
My name is L for Lisa and Peeps because that is what everyone always shortens our lastname too as a nickname. It is Peeples. Another not so original name. Now I wish I had a great name!

ximxyoursx
Pro
ximxyoursx
In response to lpeeps

Dropping one off!

A Sweet Life By Ximxyoursx

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to lpeeps

• lpeeps Said:
I'm wiped out. I spent the last half of the day with my hubby in the ER. He was out doing yardwork and suddenly was very short of breath and his heart was beating super fast. We tried to get him settled down for about 45 minutes and then he went downhill. His arms went numb and he couldn't catch a breath. I ended up calling for an ambulance. His heart rate was up around 145 and he had gone white. Very scary. When they got him to the hospital they moved him to the bed and it knocked his heart right back into rhythm. Wierd. It was some "electrical" malfunction that wouldn't let his heart regulate and as quick as it happened it resolved itself. Very scary. he is home and fine now, tired but fine.
My name is L for Lisa and Peeps because that is what everyone always shortens our lastname too as a nickname. It is Peeples. Another not so original name. Now I wish I had a great name!

Yikes, Lisa! That sounds like what DH has. It's ________ _________ tachycardia, I believe. Glad he is ok...how scary!

raining
Governor
raining
In response to ncyankee

ATC *** Scraps of Elegance*** By Raining

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to raining

Good morning!

My screen name, pretty boring. My first name and the first initial of my last name. No biggie!

D3O....TFL!

***FUNTOOLAS*** Sincerely Yours By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS*** Sisters Always By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS*** Good Times By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 09-17-12 02:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Anna C

Tabs open... will get to them either before or after class. LOL

Renee305
Idol
Renee305

Hi all, will catch up on everyones news in the morning and catch up with love then too.
I had a girlfriend come over tonight with a bottle of wine and some gossip and we've been scrapping, drinking, eating and introducing her to True Blood! lol been a great girly night

Play Time By Renee305

28 time for cake! By Renee305

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to lpeeps

• lpeeps Said:

Oh my goodness Lisa!! How frightening!! The first thing I would have thought would be heart attack!! Big hugs!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Renee305

I am so far behind...now It is my mission to catch up!! LOL Good thing work isnt busy

raining
Governor
raining
In response to raining

Dropping another! Yikes!
NO. 1 Dad- ***SCRAPS OF DARKNESS*** By Raining

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to raining

Good Morning!

Yikes Lisa! How scary....Glad he's better. Hope he gets checked out with a doctor and find out exactly what's going on.

Graduation was cute! Those kids were amazing. Here's a link to the youtube video of DS showing off his moves on stage.
https://www.youtube.com/user/karenwilliams72? feature=mh...

Off to leave some luv!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Lisa glad he is okay...get some rest!! I am ACU...now AMY KNOCK IT OFF LOL!! phew that was alot of love to leave...now I have to get some work done.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

JCI and need to leave love will do that within the next day or two, until then stay well and don't do anything I wouldn't do

raining
Governor
raining
In response to sasload4

Meditate ***Scraps of Darkness*** By Raining

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to raining

more done over the weekend.
I'm on a roll!

This first one covers the VLB challenge "transportation"
Snow Biking By AllAmy

Africa Safari By AllAmy

Since this was cooking school, I'm going to say this covers the VLB challenge "Back to school"
Cucina Bambini By AllAmy

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to AllAmy

Wow! WTG Amy! You've been busy, girl!!!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
now AMY KNOCK IT OFF LOL!! phew that was alot of love to leave.

Hee Hee. I'm a fast scrapper and can crank them out when I have uninterrupted, focused scrap time.

Warning- All Saturday morning I sorted pics into page kits (plastic bags with pics, coordinating pps, cardstock and embellies). Looked up dates/location info and added notes to kits. I have soooo many kits ready to make into pages, I'm almost overwhelmed by it. But by doing this ahead of time, I can "crank" them out when I want to scrap instead of spending time looking for the right pic and them the right papers, etc. But by Sat afternoon, my body was so sore from squatting on the ground and sorting so much. Plus I purged and organized my Christmas scrapbooking stash. Now that is more manageable too. Very productive even though I didn't do any actual pages that day (the above are from Sunday)

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to AllAmy

Hi ladies jci,

Amy, good for you, I need to do this too, I have my scrap retreat w/the ATL ladies coming up soon...good thing I still have some page kits left from the ones I forget to bring to Michigan LOL but still need more. I'm determine to get more pages done this time.

Karen & the rest of the ladies who share photos from Facebook, I appreciate it so much since I'm not on there.

ACU for now off to clean my floors and finished laundry...see you later!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Tena E.

Peeps -- wow that is scary. Glad you are with him. Those episodes can be self limiting but sometimes require more intervention. Now he knows the signs if it ever happens again.

Beautiful day on the beach yesterday. Today I had a tennis match (which worked out great b/c it was only about 20 minutes from the condo). We won -- me too! Boy I needed that win. Sadly, my ankle is hurting again. Jeez I kept off of it for over 2 months. I'm bummed about that.

Busy busy week ahead -- not sure if I'll get any scrapping done. Heading to New Mexico on Friday. Well at least I'll be getting lots of pics to scrap.

got a meeting tonight regarding the new euthanasia policy at the shelter.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to ncyankee

Amy, you were really on a roll and got lots of great layouts created. I like your procedures too in preparing your kits. I sometimes do that. I'd be better off if I did it regularly.
I need to do some purging of scrap stuff too.

Eileen, not quite sure what to exepct from your meeting. Let us know how it goes.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Anna C

Lisa, that happened to my dh--except that while he was in the hospital, with the heart specialist there, it went to 400--a miracle that he lived. He then had a procedure to solve the electrical problem, but it didn't work; so now he's on medication the rest of his life. Soooo, make sure if it happens again he goes straight to the hospital.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

DO. Very fitting layout after yesterday!

Peaceful Calm By Lpeeps

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to lpeeps

Lisa...so glad your husband is okay.

ACU

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to AuntyT

Day off today as my nanny had another commitment to attend this afternoon, which works out fine with me considering me and my gf finished off 4 bottles of wine last night and didn't get to bed until 2am after scrapping lol very rare but such a fun way to catch up

I'm off to have a shower and ignore the housework and have a crafty day today lol

Lesley: I can't believe that Disney on Ice wasn't that great! How disapointing!! I've always wanted to take the kids but it's very expensive over here and if it's not going to be very good I'd hate to pay that money for a waste :/

Sara: Congrats to you and Russ on your anniversary!! xxx

Amy: Way to go with sorting out your stash! What a great idea! And Im loving all your new pages

Eileen: Hopefully all goes well with your meeting, Im hoping some sort of arrangement can be met where everybody is happy that is beneficial to all the pets you guys care for

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Renee305

• Renee305 Said:
Day off today as my nanny had another commitment to attend this afternoon, which works out fine with me considering me and my gf finished off 4 bottles of wine last night and didn't get to bed until 2am after scrapping lol very rare but such a fun way to catch up

I'm off to have a shower and ignore the housework and have a crafty day today lol

Lesley: I can't believe that Disney on Ice wasn't that great! How disapointing!! I've always wanted to take the kids but it's very expensive over here and if it's not going to be very good I'd hate to pay that money for a waste :/

Sara: Congrats to you and Russ on your anniversary!! xxx

Amy: Way to go with sorting out your stash! What a great idea! And Im loving all your new pages

Eileen: Hopefully all goes well with your meeting, Im hoping some sort of arrangement can be met where everybody is happy that is beneficial to all the pets you guys care for

Eileen-Congrats on winning the tennis match. And I hope the meeting goes well. You work SOOO hard for those animals and it just seems like a huge slap in the face. Thinking of you, girl!

Amy-I agree, the "hunting and gathering" part of scrapping is the time consuming, mundane part. That and die-cutting. I need to do what you're doing. That might be a project for Friday morning- - I'm spending the time cleaning up my office/scraproom and packing to crop with Lisa (Irish) that night. I do work best with the page kits. Now since I'm obsessively doing the 30 Day Challenge, I find myself too dependent on the sketches, then I find the photos, etc. to scrap based on that.

Renae-DOI was probably fine. I can't tell how old your kids are, but I would say the show is for kids 7 and under -- and 7 is definitely pushing the top of the age range. Most kids wouldn't find it scary, but Nina is really sensitive, and gets skeeved out easily. (Um, like her mother...) Here most seats are around $30 (don't know what that converts to in AU$). We actually got comped tix thru someone my dad knows. I wouldn't pay more than that.

Spent the better part of today cleaning out both fridges and freezers. Also, what I thought was allergies has turned into a sinus infection. I have a fever of like 99.8 -- not high enough to treat, but high enough to feel sick. I cannot wait for this child to go to bed (after Cars 2) so I can get in bed with a blanket and watch a stupid Lifetime movie until I fall asleep!

Fading fast...night all!

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to LesleyC

Lesley: Tickets here are $100 plus and that's just for basic up the back seating, Julia is 9 an Bailey 6 but if it's scary then it would be no good for Bailey lol he's the biggest scardey cat boy I know

Thanks for the info!!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Renee305

Meeting went well -- at least all the rescues seem like they want to work together for the right outcome. We will see how that progresses.

Think I have a poltergeist -- my lights in the kitchen keep flickering. So annoying.

Cancelled my order with Best Buy (NOTE TO FRIENDS -- DON'T ORDER FROM BEST BUY!!!). When I called again today (no one returned my calls thursday or friday. I found out it's backordered until October. Seriously. I'm running out of underwear. LOL.

Heading to Lowes &/or Sears tomorrow. I reminded Best Buy that they are in serious financial problems -- and maybe customer service might want to be a priority. NOT

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to ncyankee

What busy scrappers! LOTO

Lisa - very scary. Glad your hubby is okay.

Um, I think that's all I retained from my reading. I'm pretty tired. I did get one LO done today, so I'll load that tomorrow. I'm so behind on the sketch challenge now, it may be hopeless. Lesley, I hope I get more than one page done Friday night.

Page 4 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics