Page 1 of 12 
Username Post: SEPT Monthly Sketch Anniversary 30-Day Sketch-a-thon!!        (Topic#1580197)
jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Welcome to the NEW & Improved Monthly Sketch Challenge!!

One of my favorite & most used tools in my scrapbooking happens to be sketches. I've been using them for years & love how a great sketch makes a page seem so much simpler to put together when you are feeling overwhelmed by the # of photos/all the embellies/different papers, etc. or when you can't seem to come up with an original idea for the page you want to create. I am in constant search of inspiration & I've found sketches to hold a wealth of it when I am stuck or in need of an idea to get me started on my next project.

So this challenge is for anyone in need of a little creative jump-start or an inspirational push to get them back to scrappin' & preserving those treasured memories...or for those of you who like me have used sketches and know how valuable they can be & love them as much as I do!

This month we are doing something a little different to celebrate the 3 year anniversary of the MSC. Instead of the regular weekly sketches I will be posting a new sketch every day for 30 days.

That's right, we are having a 30 Day Sketch-a-thon to celebrate the 3 Year Anniversary of the MSC!!

~Are you excited yet?!?!
~Are you ready to break your own personal completed LO total for one month?
~Have a project in need of finishing & out of inspiration?

If so you are in the right place! Join us for 30 days of scraptastic FUN & INSPIRATION galore starting Saturday Sept. 1st!!

RULES:

Reply to this topic & let us know you are game!!

*Players can join anytime during the month & DO NOT have to complete all 30 sketches to participate.

**Sketches will be posted by 6pm EST/2pm SB.com time every day beginning Saturday, 9/1 & ending Sunday 9/30.

***From the time that I post the 30th sketch, you will have 24 hours to complete any unfinished LO's & upload them to the challenge thread.***

****The top 5 players who complete the most sketches, (30 max), will win a RAK of scrappy goodies from my own personal stash! (If more than 5 players get all 30 sketches done within the time frame, all those who do will recieve a mini-rak for completing all the sketches!)

*****YOU are responsible for keeping a running tally of your # of sketches completed in your siggy & PMing me your total at the close of the challenge.

******Once our top Scrappin' Star's have been announced & I have received their contact info, I will be responsible & mail out the prizes following the close of the challenge!

So, let's get this scrappin' party started! Who's game?!?!

Players:

Jamariel-Jami
Scrapperbee-Bev
FinallyMama-Melody
Marcilb-Marci
LesleyC
Tracy F
MelissaW
PamStewartIowa
GentlewoodFarms-Pat
Rosita-Betsye Rose
Klweist-Kelly
GMFTS-Mary
Pam in TX
Lindaj3
J-M - Jenn
Claggy-Nancy
LadybingTammy
RahulsMom-Deepa
TexasMomOf4-Karen
Blooberry56-Lauren
Mbattitori-Michelle
LaylaScraps-n-Stamps
Faithscrapper-Paula
DancinIrish90-Lisa
Tessa in Montreal
Njr007-Norma
DaNelHicks
SassySuzi
JadeBrit
Megan Ann
SenoraX-Julie
DKscrapper-Donna
Vincarash-Carolyn
Sasload4-Sandra
Mrs.CDJ-Crystal
Amancuso-Ashley
Luv2scrapMawma
Charcats7-Char
RhondaTX
Dollscrap
Provinca-Anna
Teresakay
Doreena
AllAmy

Edited by jamariel on 09-14-12 10:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Let the Scrap-tastic Fun Begin!

SKETCHES

Day 1

MSCAnniversary30-DaySketc h-a-thon-Sketch1! By Jamariel

Example by GentlewoodFarms(Pat)

One Excellent Adventure By GentlewoodFarms

Day 2

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -a-thon-Day2! By Jamariel

Example by Tessa in Montreal

Little Reader By Tessa In Montreal

Day 3

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -a-thon-Day3! By Jamariel

Example by Pam Stewart in Iowa

Daisy By PamStewart.Iowa

Day 4

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -a-thonDay4! By Jamariel

Example by Marcilb (Marci)

Beach By Marcilb

Day 5

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -a-thon-Day5! By Jamariel

Example by J-M (Jenn)

Fly By J-M

Day 6

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day6! By Jamariel

Example by J-M (Jenn)

the big wheel By J-M

Day 7

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -a-thon-Day7! By Jamariel

Example by J-M (Jenn)

Upper Clements Park By J-M

Day 8

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day8! By Jamariel

Example by J-M (Jenn)

Pals for life By J-M

Day 9

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDoy9! By Jamariel

Sweet little brother By Marcilb

Day 10

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay10! By Jamariel

that's my son! By Marcilb

Day 11

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day11! By Jamariel

Example by FinallyMama (Melody)

Tim and Rex By FinallyMama

Day 12

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day12! By Jamariel

Example by PamStewartIowa (Pam)

Kissed by a Dolphin By PamStewart.Iowa

Day 13

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day13! By Jamariel

Memories of family gatherings By Marcilb

Day 14

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay14! By Jamariel

Fall 2010 By FinallyMama

Day 15

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay15! By Jamariel

Field By FinallyMama

Day 16

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay16! By Jamariel

Apples 2012 By FinallyMama

Day 17

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day17! By Jamariel

Example by MrsCDJ (Crystal)

My Guys By MrsCDJ

Day 18

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day18! By Jamariel

Sir Isaac Newton By FinallyMama

Day 19:

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day19! By Jamariel

Example by Blooberry56 (Lauren)

Two By Blooberry56

Day 20

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day20! By Jamariel

Really?! By FinallyMama

Day 21

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay21! By Jamariel

Apple Girl By FinallyMama

Day 22

MSCAniversary30DaySketch- A-ThonDay22! By Jamariel

Apple Boy By FinallyMama

Day 23

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay23! By Jamariel

Example by SenoraX (Julie)

Oink By Senora_x

Day 24

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay24! By Jamariel

*Gourd*geous!! By FinallyMama

Day 25

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay25! By Jamariel

Example by MelissaW

A Day @ play By MelissaW

Day 26

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay26! By Jamariel

Example by MrsCDJ (Crystal)

11th Birthday By MrsCDJ

Day 27

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay27! By Jamariel

first visit By Marcilb

Day 28

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay28! By Jamariel

Example by Mr. Moose (Ian)

Houses of Parliament By Mr Moose

Day 29

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day29! By Jamariel

Example by Ladybing Tammy

2011 - Honeymoon - C'est L'Amour - Sept MSC #29 By Ladybing Tammy

Day 30

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay30!! By Jamariel

Example by Ladybing Tammy

2012 Blackpool - Sharks - Sept MSC #30 By Ladybing Tammy

Edited by jamariel on 09-30-12 12:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to jamariel

Wow! can't wait. And, welcome back!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to scrapperbee

I'd like to play!! Might not do 30 layouts, but it will be fun to see!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to FinallyMama

I am in!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to MarciLB

Hollah!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to LesleyC

I'm in! It'll be fun to see how many I can get done!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Tracy F

OMG!

I'm in, of course.

30 sketches? For real and TRUE? Jami, you are my HERO!

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Wow, I may not finish all 30 in 30 days, but I will give it a try - I have three books I want to finish by Christmas!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

I am going to give it a try, but who knows how far along I will get with classes starting back up and all that! I might be lucky just to survive the month... that said... I want to get my 2011 photos done before we leave for Disney, so this would be a great start for that!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
OMG!

I'm in, of course.

30 sketches? For real and TRUE? Jami, you are my HERO!

Absolutely Pat, I just re-organized my saved sketches & have a ton of awesome ones I've been dying to try out & share w/all of you. What better way to celebrate the MSC anniversary than w/a month long sketch-a-thon?!?!?
I'm so excited about the inspiration that's going to be created/shared on the thread this month.

If ANYONE has a sketch of their own they'd like to submit for consideration to be used in our challenge PLEASE PM me w/a link to your design!!

Thanks ladies & glad to have you all here!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to jamariel

Wow. Question..... does the layout have to be posted before 6 pm the next day when you post the next sketch?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Pam in TX

August was a total flop for me, so I need to really get the creative juices going!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-30-12 03:35 AM
In response to Rosita

30 is entirely too ambitious for me but I would be delighted to get even 1/2 of that so sure put me down - in the underachievers section though.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to GMFTS

When I first read 30 sketches in 30 days, I was like "heck to the NO!!!". I was even laying in bed pondering it. But, then I remembered what I've seen Nancy write several times, there is no judgment here. So, what the heck...sign me up! Maybe I can get my mom's album for her Alaska trip done (or at least tackle a big chunk of it).

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to klweist

Sign me up too

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 08-30-12 03:58 AM
In response to Pam in TX

I'd like to play, please. I've been struggling for inspiration lately.

blooberry56
Guru
blooberry56
In response to J-M

Wow! I came back to the sb.com community just in time! I'd love to join - don't know if i'll get all 30, but i'll def. try!!! Thanks.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to blooberry56

I'm thinking that maybe I can get darling nephew's "Now That You're One" book done AHEAD of time.

I'll have to save titles and stuff, but MAYBE this idea could work. I'll have to think on it a bit.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4

I'll give it a go

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to TexasMomOf4

sign me up (although after the 18th not sure how many I will get done in the time frame but I am willing to try).

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Ladybing Tammy

HEllO!!

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom

Whether or not I finish all 30, I may attempt a couple. Sign me in. I have saved all the sketch challenges that you hosted & even the months Nancy hosted & put them inmy fav topics list. I keep going to them.

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3

Gonna give this a shot, I have some baby books to finish up.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

I'm in-at least my big toe is! You know how to put the pressure on!! Can't pass up a sketch challege. I'll be happy with 6 completed LOs. Besides, I've gotta hang with my gals!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to rahulsmom

• rahulsmom Said:
Whether or not I finish all 30, I may attempt a couple. Sign me in. I have saved all the sketch challenges that you hosted & even the months Nancy hosted & put them inmy fav topics list. I keep going to them.

Bless you dear, dear Deepa!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:
Wow. Question..... does the layout have to be posted before 6 pm the next day when you post the next sketch?

Answer: No. You have the entire month to complete & post your LO's. Only the last sketch will have a 24 hour deadline because of when it's posted.

Hope that helps! : ]

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
30 is entirely too ambitious for me but I would be delighted to get even 1/2 of that so sure put me down - in the underachievers section though.

I can assure you my dear, that I am most likely to be the biggest under-achiever of all to attempt this challenge. I am the s l o w e s t scrapper EVER, so you're in great company!

Welcome to the sketchy FUN!!!! : ]

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:
When I first read 30 sketches in 30 days, I was like "heck to the NO!!!". I was even laying in bed pondering it. But, then I remembered what I've seen Nancy write several times, there is no judgment here. So, what the heck...sign me up! Maybe I can get my mom's album for her Alaska trip done (or at least tackle a big chunk of it).

Kelly, whether you can pull off doing all 30 sketches or not isn't the point. It's a challenge for us to complete as many as we are inspired to complete. We are all here because of our love for family, this incredible hobby and our passion for creating. Recording the moments & memories of our lives is something we do out of love. It's not meant to be something we stress over and we all understand that here. We are all here to support each other & encourage one another on this journey because we are united in passion and cause. There is nothing but love for you and everyone else here Kelly.

Looking forward to seeing some of those Alaskan trip pictures!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I'm thinking that maybe I can get darling nephew's "Now That You're One" book done AHEAD of time.

I'll have to save titles and stuff, but MAYBE this idea could work. I'll have to think on it a bit.

If not done, at least started right? I'm hoping to finish up my nephew's boot & get a jump start on scrapping my wedding photos from 2010! : ]

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to jamariel

Thank you Jami.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
I'm in-at least my big toe is! You know how to put the pressure on!! Can't pass up a sketch challege. I'll be happy with 6 completed LOs. Besides, I've gotta hang with my gals!!

I was waiting to hear from you my friend & I knew you weren't going to be able to resist what I had planned 4 this month when I was putting it all together, you're too much of a sketch-a-holic, like me, lol!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to rahulsmom

• rahulsmom Said:

Wow, I'm flattered Deepa. You've saved all of the sketch challenges we've had? Your favorites list must be a mile long, lol!! If you want to shorten it I'd recommend just saving the individual sketches from each challenge or at least the ones you like the best and plan to scrap. You know how when you mark someone's LO as a FAV. You could do that w/the sketches from all the past challenges & make your own file of favorite sketches in your saved FAVS...just a suggestion.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:
... whether you can pull off doing all 30 sketches or not isn't the point. It's a challenge for us to complete as many as we are inspired to complete. We are all here because of our love for family, this incredible hobby and our passion for creating. Recording the moments & memories of our lives is something we do out of love. It's not meant to be something we stress over and we all understand that here. We are all here to support each other & encourage one another on this journey because we are united in passion and cause. There is nothing but love for you and everyone else here....

Once again, I find myself wanting to quote "A Wise Woman (Jami Bishop) once said..." in my own forums. Jami - thanks for putting this SO eloquently. You speak my own heart!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Sounds fun for Sept, I'm in

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • jamariel Said:
... whether you can pull off doing all 30 sketches or not isn't the point. It's a challenge for us to complete as many as we are inspired to complete. We are all here because of our love for family, this incredible hobby and our passion for creating. Recording the moments & memories of our lives is something we do out of love. It's not meant to be something we stress over and we all understand that here. We are all here to support each other & encourage one another on this journey because we are united in passion and cause. There is nothing but love for you and everyone else here....

Once again, I find myself wanting to quote "A Wise Woman (Jami Bishop) once said..." in my own forums. Jami - thanks for putting this SO eloquently. You speak my own heart!

great hearts think alike...or something like that.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jamariel

this is going to be so much fun! I made a list of all the layouts from this year I need to make! Hopefully this month will get me through quite a few of them.

klweist
Diva
klweist

Ladies, thank you for being so supportive and encouraging to us newbies. Seeing so much awesome work is inspiring (I steal a lot of ideas) but, when taken out of perspective (comparing my work instead of enjoying the journey)becomes discouraging. So, I take your words to heart and keep my eye on my real reason that I scrap...It's a hootin' good time!!

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • jamariel Said:

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:
Ladies, thank you for being so supportive and encouraging to us newbies. Seeing so much awesome work is inspiring (I steal a lot of ideas) but, when taken out of perspective (comparing my work instead of enjoying the journey)becomes discouraging. So, I take your words to heart and keep my eye on my real reason that I scrap...It's a hootin' good time!!

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • jamariel Said:

Just something to think about the next time you find yourself comparing your work 2 another scrapper's...it took all of us some time to develop into the creative geniuses we are today, lol! It's not something that happens overnight for most of us. You learn this craft as you go & the more you 'practice' or scrap the more you will develop as a "life artist". I started scrapping in 2002 & the pages I make now look nothing like my first LO's. My style has changed many times over the years, but what's cool I've found, is looking back & seeing how my work has evolved over time.
Anytime you have a question about anything scrappy, don't hesitate to ask, no matter how dumb you think it might be/sound. We all had to start sometime.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jamariel

Kelly, I used to get discouraged but I am comfortable with my style and I will never be some of the artists I admire. First of all I love their layouts but it isn't me so I always go back to being me and everyone I scrap for loves what I do so that makes me feel better about my style. Just look at how everyone starts out with the same inspiration and how differently they all look from one another...that is what makes what we do Art!

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4

mms

mbattitori
Veteran
mbattitori

I need some scrappy mojo...can't remember the last layout I actually did! Please sign me up!!
Michelle B.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to mbattitori

MMS I doubt I will be able to keep up on the chatter, but I will do my best! LOL

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to mbattitori

jci...trying to make a decision on the 1st few sketches I'll be posting & super excited to get this sketchy celebration started tomorrow!

Happy FRIDAY to all!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

I for one am on the edge of MY seat!

Kelly,

We call them galleries for a reason. Some of the ladies here are artists like Rembrant, Picasso, and Monet - the kind of stuff that belongs on the walls of a museum. I can appreciate that art for its sheer beauty, go home inspired, and create my OWN masterpieces using MY visions and MY skills.

I started scrapping in 2004. I, too, was a little discouraged when I compared my first projects to those of some of the artists in this community. I joined Swirlydoos kit club, which was really wonderful for me because it made some of those artists "real people." I'll be forever grateful to that particular design team for helping me refine skill and technique, but mostly I am grateful for their help in realizing that a technique is something I can LEARN, but art has to come from MY inner soul.

The sheer magnitude of skill, knowledge, and techniques that are available since the advent of the internet and especially this community (THANK YOU JILL!) is very overwhelming! But if you don't try to do it all at once - take ONE technique skill at a time, learn it well enough to put it in your go-to arsenal - it's a little less so. Continue to learn, ask questions, apply technique, and grow.

But MOST of all, stay true to YOUR creative inner self. Just because I CAN imitate the style of a master-artist, is no reason I SHOULD. I won't, can't, and no longer WANT, to be the artist that someone else is. I'm my OWN artist, and my scrapbooks reflect that journey.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

I will try - I did all 12 when Jami did 12 days of Christmas a couple years ago, but I didn't even make it to day 6 of the 25 last year... 30 is SO out there, that I think, even an obsessive person like me can go in feeling relaxed in the idea of just doing SOME. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, but someone may have to come rescue me from a padded cell on October 1.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to dancinirish90

Gearing up for a big month!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I loved this last year. I want to do as many as I can and I know it will be into October for me to finish them. I am going to try to get as many done as I can, but I am going to be away for 2 weeks and won't get much done. At least I'll have something in October to look forward too.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

when I heard about this from Pat (gentlewoodsfarm) I could not pass it up

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I am in. I did this last month (after joining sb.com in August) and I have to do it again this year.

Tessa in Montreal
Veteran
Tessa in Montreal
In response to DaNel Hicks

Okay, I think I'd like to join all of you on this one. There is noooooo way i'll complete 30 sketches, but I love the idea of trying and I seriously need some inspiration!

P.S. I just read through all of your comments and I'm really jazzed not only to participate in the challenge, but in the comments! Thanks ladies

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to Tessa in Montreal

Okay, I'd like to give this a try. Everyone remember I said TRY!!!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
I will try - I did all 12 when Jami did 12 days of Christmas a couple years ago, but I didn't even make it to day 6 of the 25 last year... 30 is SO out there, that I think, even an obsessive person like me can go in feeling relaxed in the idea of just doing SOME. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, but someone may have to come rescue me from a padded cell on October 1.

I'm totally w/you Lisa. I plan on trying to stay as calm as possible and focus on getting one LO done @ a time. Hopefully by keeping our perspectives down 2 earth we'll both steer clear of the padded rooms, lol!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I loved this last year. I want to do as many as I can and I know it will be into October for me to finish them. I am going to try to get as many done as I can, but I am going to be away for 2 weeks and won't get much done. At least I'll have something in October to look forward too.

Welcome back Suzi! Happy 2 have you playing along w/us this month. The key 2 keeping your sanity during this kind of a challenge is not to worry about what you miss when you're gone. Remember, the sketches will always be here 4 you to come back to whenever YOU are ready 4 them!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:

Yaay, welcome Jade! Very excited to have you playing along w/us!!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to jamariel

jci

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

What great inspiration! I'm in!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

• Tessa in Montreal Said:
Okay, I think I'd like to join all of you on this one. There is noooooo way i'll complete 30 sketches, but I love the idea of trying and I seriously need some inspiration!

P.S. I just read through all of your comments and I'm really jazzed not only to participate in the challenge, but in the comments! Thanks ladies

Welcome also DaNel, Tessa & Norma! Very excited to have you ladies joining us. One thing's 4 sure, the inspiration is going to be non-stop this month, and not just from the sketches. I can't wait to see how y'all interpret the sketches in your LO's.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Whoo-hoo! Have our 1st sketch picked out & can't wait to share it w/y'all! Gonna try 2 post it a little early cause I simply cannot contain the excitement much longer, lol! Our Day 1 sketch goes live in about 2 & a half hours so stay tuned ladies...

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:
  • jadebrit Said:

Yaay, welcome Jade! Very excited to have you playing along w/us!!

thanks. I am excited, scared and nervous at the same time, but mostly excited!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

I might have to stay up a little late tonight It's okay, I don't have to work until 11:00 tmw!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

I'm going for 7 (one more than I got done for the MSC in August).

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to LesleyC

Alright ladies...here is your Day 1 Sketch! Ready, set, SCRAP!!

MSCAnniversary30-DaySketc h-a-thon-Sketch1! By Jamariel

And we're off...

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jadebrit

Is it time??? I'm getting tired!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

We posted at the same time!!! Cool

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa

Love the idea of saving the sketches as a favorites file/album. Love the first sketch and hope to get at least 10 done. I have three books to do before Christmas, so may not keep up this month, but will definitely use them before Christmas! Great!!!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

great first sketch!

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper

Sign me up please!

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom
In response to dkscrapper

Lovely sketch ...now to think of the pictures.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to rahulsmom

Got it! Woot!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-01-12 03:59 AM
In response to MeliMedina

Awesome first sketch Jamie...

and we're off!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to GMFTS

My goal--to stay caught up this weekend; after that--we'll see how it goes.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

jci. Morning

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4

Time to scrap

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Sketch #1

One Excellent Adventure

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to jadebrit

I'm in! I dunno how many I can get done, but I love this challenge!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to jadebrit

just saw this! love this challenge and I am in!

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to senora_x

Here is my entry for day 1...

Tiny Dancer By Vincarash

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to vincarash

Here and hope to work on this today!!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu! And working on sketch 1 already.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

• scrapperbee Said:
My goal--to stay caught up this weekend; after that--we'll see how it goes.

I think that's a perfectly realistic goal too Bev.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

BTW, the 1st LO that is completed & posted to the thread each day is going to be featured on Pg. 1 of the challenge as the example of that day's sketch.

Congratulations Pat aka GentlewoodFarms for being our Day 1 Sketch featured artist!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Also wanna give a BIG welcome to Donna, Julie, Megan Ann & Carolyn!!

So excited to have you ladies joining us & looking forward to seeing what you create over the next 30 days!!

Edited by jamariel on 09-01-12 11:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa

ACU - I'm exhausted just thinking about 30 layouts

Tessa in Montreal
Veteran
Tessa in Montreal

OMG!!! How do you guys already have sketch #1 done!!!! I bow before you...I'm just jazzed that I have the papers selected for the first sketch - which by the way is great! Hee hee. (maniacal laugh)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:
BTW, the 1st LO that is completed & posted to the thread each day is going to be featured on Pg. 1 of the challenge as the example of that day's sketch.

Congratulations Pat aka GentlewoodFarms for being our Day 1 Sketch featured artist!!

Oh wow. I'm so proud of myself for buckling down and not procrastinating! Thanks, Jami! What a fun surprise!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

OMG!!! How do you guys already have sketch #1 done!!!! I bow before you...I'm just jazzed that I have the papers selected for the first sketch - which by the way is great! Hee hee. (maniacal laugh)

I just grab the top ten papers from my stash, choose from that mini-stack, and go.

I print my own photos, so I don't have to figure out what to do about those, and that helps a LOT!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Sketch 1...

Cowgirl......................... (me!) By Marcilb

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

I don't even have any photos in mind yet so you're further along than I am! LOLOL!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

30 pages I'll give it a good try if I may still join?

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to sasload4

here's my day 1! when i saw Marci's I just laughed! great minds work alike!

Cowboy By Faithscrapper

these pics are from 1995

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
30 pages I'll give it a good try if I may still join?

Of course you may join us, this challenge is open ALL MONTH LONG so invite as many people as you want 2 join us! I know from experience, the more players that are here the more inspiration we will all be exposed to. Welcome 2 the sketchy FUN Sandra!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

acu

Tessa in Montreal
Veteran
Tessa in Montreal

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

I just grab the top ten papers from my stash, choose from that mini-stack, and go.

I print my own photos, so I don't have to figure out what to do about those, and that helps a LOT!

Seriously? Top ten papers, huh. Evidently I need a new organizational system! Hmmmmm, printing out your own photos is a great idea. Do you need a special printer?

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

I think I just got an idea for the day 1 sketch...Whoo-hoo!!

REMINDER:
If you are playing for a prize RAK and have not already done so, I want to take this moment to remind you before we get too far gone into this challenge, to set up a way to track your # of sketches and post it in your signature. However you want to do it is fine as long as you keep track of the sketches you complete.
This thread is going to get EXTREMELY busy the more we get into the sketches & I WILL NOT BE ABLE to keep track of everyone's progress so I need your help in doing so.
If you choose not to play 4 one of the prize RAKS that is perfectly fine too & you do not need to worry about tracking your # of sketches completed unless you want to do so 4 your own purposes.

Thank you & that concludes this MSC Service Announcement.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to jamariel

Sketch One is done!

Just Us Girls - September MSC Sketch #1/5 Ingredients By LesleyC

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I never used a special printer before my MIL gifted me with the printer I'm using now, which IS a photo printer. I just used my regular ink jet printer with photo paper for ink jet printers. Of course, the the better your printer, the better the photo quality, but most of the ink jets out now are decent in terms of print quality.

I keep patterned paper together by manufacturer when I store it - USUALLY. I also keep odd and ends papers sorted by color family (warms, cools, neutrals) and patterns (small, large, polka dots, stripes). Sometimes my system needs a bit of a tweak, but usually it works. Between ten papers, I can usually find four or five that MIGHT work together.

Every so often I go through my paper stacks and sort. It's just about time for me to do that again.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

Day 1 and I'm already behind! lol I was hoping to scrap today, but dh had other plans. Maybe tomorrow, but it's not looking promising.

Page 1 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics