Page 5 of 12 
Username Post: SEPT Monthly Sketch Anniversary 30-Day Sketch-a-thon!!        (Topic#1580197)
dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to dollscrap

Hi! I'm not as behind as I thought I'd be - on loves anyway. Sketches are another story. I have my tabs open to look at everyone's work on the last few sketches while I sit and scrap and try to formulate a plan for the ones I missed this weekend. I was starting sketch 6 on Friday when I decided to go to Notre Dame for the weekend, so I haven't done 6, 7, 8, or 9 yet. I had a wonderful, wonderful weekend though. I haven't been back 'home' to a game in years.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to dancinirish90

I was just thinking how I needed to get back into scrapping and challenges to get some LOs done -- I've been on swap overload these days! Don't know how successful I'll be here, but I'm willing to give it a shot!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to dollscrap

For Sketch #6:

"64" By MrsCDJ

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to dollscrap

Here are today's and yesterdays.

Ole By Senora_x

Moments to Remember By Senora_x

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to MrsCDJ

Acu. Sketch 9-photos, papers and embellies are picked out, and the sketch is sketched out in Silhouette studio. I'm excited about how it will turn out, but not sure if it will get done tomorrow.

J-M: I hear you about the photo sizes for the sketches. When I dont have the right number of photos, or the right size photo or if one of the photos needs to be turned a different way I just sub it out with patterned paper, or I combine two of the photos in a sketch to make one photo. So where sketch 9 calls for (4) 4x3s, I'm just doing (2) 4x6s that I'm cropping down by 1/4 inch to give a tiny bit of space in between. Make sense? Or if it's one large photo and I have tons for a LO, I might do a collage in Picasa. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but just thought I'd throw out what has worked for me. I thought you did a great job though!

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to LesleyC

Here is mine for today - #9
Animator's Palate By PamStewart.Iowa
ACU

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

here's mine for Sketch 2 - had to change it up a bit as I was doing an 8x8 (no pic cause dh would kill me lol) also changed circles into leaves.
baad boy By Ladybing Tammy

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Tracy F

MMS.

Go back to J-M's lo on pg. 18.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to klweist

mms

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

• dancinirish90 Said:
Hi! I'm not as behind as I thought I'd be - on loves anyway. Sketches are another story. I have my tabs open to look at everyone's work on the last few sketches while I sit and scrap and try to formulate a plan for the ones I missed this weekend. I was starting sketch 6 on Friday when I decided to go to Notre Dame for the weekend, so I haven't done 6, 7, 8, or 9 yet. I had a wonderful, wonderful weekend though. I haven't been back 'home' to a game in years.

Oh you got ME beat. I'm all the way back on page 13 on the catch up, and I haven't done sketch 4 yet.

Morning everyone.

The coyotes have been howling almost all night and are still at it this morning. Something's not right in their world and they are DEFINITELY upset about it.

I don't really want to know what it is. The prospect of what could be bothering a coyote is too dark for me to think about.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Tomorrow will be my day to get ACU. Right now, I have 4 sketches and just as many pages of layouts to get to for loving. We'll see what my homework load is after today, though. LOL. I'm slowly chipping away at that, as well.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Acu. Sketch 9-photos, papers and embellies are picked out, and the sketch is sketched out in Silhouette studio. I'm excited about how it will turn out, but not sure if it will get done tomorrow.

J-M: I hear you about the photo sizes for the sketches. When I dont have the right number of photos, or the right size photo or if one of the photos needs to be turned a different way I just sub it out with patterned paper, or I combine two of the photos in a sketch to make one photo. So where sketch 9 calls for (4) 4x3s, I'm just doing (2) 4x6s that I'm cropping down by 1/4 inch to give a tiny bit of space in between. Make sense? Or if it's one large photo and I have tons for a LO, I might do a collage in Picasa. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but just thought I'd throw out what has worked for me. I thought you did a great job though!

I read someone else talking about Picasa. What is it and should I get it?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to klweist

I am doing okay keeping up on love but not so well in doing sketches - only 3 so far but I am determined to get caught up this week before starting work next Tuesday.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Yikes, Pat! Upset coyotes - you may not want to know, but I'm curious!

Here's mine for Day 6:

Bath Time By Dancinirish90

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I didn't get as much done as I wanted to yesterday ... maybe today will be better, except I'm super sleepy-eyed right now!

Got all my tabs open so I'll be ACU!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm all caught up on love but definitely not sketches...only have 3 done so far.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to Tracy F

Day 8

White House By TexasMomOf4

Day 9

Baseball By TexasMomOf4

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:
  • LesleyC Said:

Kelly-Picasa is a free photo storage/editing program, owned by Google. You can use it to do many basic editing things, like cropping, adjusting lighting and colors, and making simple collages. There are also a bunch of cool "filters" as well. It's not as robust as Photoshop Elements, but it's great for the price, and very user-friendly.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

Lesley - thanks for noticing that shower curtain thing. LOL It was intentional, but I didn't think it came out looking enough like I envisioned to mention it in my description. You made my day

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • klweist Said:
  • LesleyC Said:

Kelly-Picasa is a free photo storage/editing program, owned by Google. You can use it to do many basic editing things, like cropping, adjusting lighting and colors, and making simple collages. There are also a bunch of cool "filters" as well. It's not as robust as Photoshop Elements, but it's great for the price, and very user-friendly.

Thanks for taking time to reply...free is my favorite price!

blooberry56
Guru
blooberry56
In response to klweist

I loveee the day nine sketch! Did anyone else notice that it also happened to be the sketch at the Bella Blvd blog for the next two weeks? =) Just thought y'all might like to know - there's some great inspiration there, like one example where the designer flipped the sketch. =)

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 09-10-12 10:15 AM
In response to blooberry56

ACU! Beautiful work, ladies!

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to J-M

Note to self: start on page 20 to continue giving love

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper

Day 3
Having a Ball By Dkscrapper

Day 6
I promise I will be good By Dkscrapper

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to dkscrapper

Day 7 for me:

Upside down By Dancinirish90

blooberry56
Guru
blooberry56

pretty sure i'm acu! can't wait to get my pictures printed - i have ideas for all the sketches, but my husband hijacked my photo printer and brought it to work! >.o''

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom

Tabs are again open for love. My dd has caught a cold...it is a small one. I finished Day 2 sketch. Here it is.

Cute & playful By Rahulsmom

Thanks again for all your love.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Good afternoon ladies! Here's today's sketchy bit of inspiration...

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-ThonDay10! By Jamariel

Today we are 1/3 of the way through our 30 Day Sketch-A-Thon, whoo-hoo!!

I've had this sketch in my file of sketches for some time & have been dying to use it. Hope y'all will love it as much as I do & can't wait 2 see what you come up w/for it!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jamariel

Great sketch!! Can't wait to get started!! YEAH!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to FinallyMama

Dropping off my #9. Still have to do 7,8, and 10, but I just happened to have 4 photos right there so 9 got to cut in line!

{mem-or-ies} By MrsCDJ

Will be back later to catch up on luvin' gotta run to town right now.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MrsCDJ

Sketch #10................

that's my son! By Marcilb

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to jamariel

Finally got one done...only 9 behind....this is my lift of sketch 8
All I Want for Christmas By Dollscrap

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to dollscrap

love, love, love todays sketch!!! I might watch The Voice and scrap! Sounds like a good night!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to jamariel

Here's my day 4--just plugging along!

Bliss By Scrapperbee

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to scrapperbee

Mine for day #10:
Happiness By FinallyMama
TFL

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

ACU. Most of sketch 9 is cut up and sitting on my scrap table. I have too much of a headache to focus on putting it together so it'll wait until tomorrow.

Trying to figure out how to convert Sketch 10 into covering the Bears home opener yesterday as a page for DH (he doesn't get many...). I don't think he'd appreciate blingy flowers, so I'll have to come up with something else.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 09-10-12 06:02 PM
In response to LesleyC

Day 10 for me

Changes By J-M

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to TexasMomOf4

Had to rework my princess pages to satisfy the little princess (Leea). She wanted a double page of all four instead of so many pages. So I used the sketch from day 4 to make her this page. Just for Sharing. The Ariel picture did not come with the Disney keepsake frame, so I had to make one. This page took forever!!!!!
Princesses By PamStewart.Iowa

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

id like to try a few please and welcome back.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to YourScrapAttack

Lesley - hope the headache is gone!

Catching up on love here and will work on another one for me today I hope.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Pam - your time invested on the Princess layout was definitely worth it!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

jci! AMAZING work ladies!! I almost have my FIRST layout half way done!!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Megan Ann

So... going to go through and pick out photos for my pages. Then taking the kids to school, going for a run/walk, coming back, taking a shower, putting a load of laundry in, folding a load of laundry, and THEN catching up here. After that, I will scrapbook. I am not doing homework until later tonight. I need a mental break from reading textbooks. Ugh.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to MeliMedina

Good morning ladies Just posted today's sketch on pg. 1. Here it is...

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day11! By Jamariel

Now to get some sleep. Happy scrappin' chica's. Looking forward to seeing what you come up w/for today's sketch! : ]

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jamariel

I feel like I just printed Day 10's sketch, and 11 is up already! It's moving fast!

Here's mine for Day 8:

Gala - Children Today, Leaders Tomorrow By Dancinirish90

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

jci. like the new sketch

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jadebrit

WOW!! Although I like the new sketch, I KNOW I don't have that many photo's!! I'll have to put some thought into this!!

klweist
Diva
klweist

I think I'm ACU on love. If I missed you, it was completely unintentional and I apologize.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to klweist

acu

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Tracy F

My sketch 3

2012, Madam Tussauds Blackpool- Sept Monthly Sketch 3 By Ladybing Tammy

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Totally forgot that DD had taken pix with DH and Rex last night, so I did have enough photo's to make this one work!! YEAH me!! Can't belive I used so many photo's!! So excited!! Thanks Jami!!
Tim and Rex By FinallyMama
TFL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to FinallyMama

My sketch 4
2012, Blackpool - Stroll along the beach By Ladybing Tammy

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Sketch 11......

Brian's 1st Day of Preschool By Marcilb

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to MarciLB

I know I am a little late but I would like to join, Just what I need to get motivated

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Teresakay

I AM ACU!!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

have another lo completed, will post it tomorrow

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

jci

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to jadebrit

Can't wait until my Wednesday morning scrapping time so I can do this day 11 sketch. I love multiple photos and I have one set of the Disney group that has to have at least 6 photos, so this is perfect!!!!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

jci and mms! Started today's sketch just need to add finishing touches!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to senora_x

mms

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I did DAY #5!!!! YAY!!!! One down, 29 more to go!

BABY By Megan Ann

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Megan Ann

Melissa - unfortunately it wasn't the real Jamie (who I adore) but that is our little secret here! LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

le numero six

2012, Sealife Blackpool - The Rockpools By Ladybing Tammy

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Hellooo0 ladies!
Trying to catch-up leaving love on all of your FAB LO's this morning & in the process of picking our sketch 4 the day...bbs!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Ok, decided on a sketch I've had in my file for a while now & been wanting to use. Hope y'all like the Day 12 Sketch...

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day12! By Jamariel

Now to try & take a nap b4 we have to pick the munchkin up from school this afternoon...later lovies

***note 2 self-continue spreading love on pg. 22***

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to jamariel

I just stumbled across this challenge.
I love sketches! I don't have a lot of time to scrap but I think I may be able to squeeze a few of these out by the end of the month!

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to Doreena

I have been waiting for the perfect one for the dolphins. I think this is it! Although after I placed the pictures on it, I really wanted them bigger, so I lost the left side design. That's one of the great things with digitial, you can change the size of the photos as you go.
Day 12
Kissed by a Dolphin By PamStewart.Iowa

I also love the 2 page sketch from day 11:
FunKat By PamStewart.Iowa

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Day 11 for me

2012 London - The British Museum - Elgin marbles By Ladybing Tammy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Hey Doreena - not to worry, I did know what you meant!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Passing through!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • klweist Said:
  • LesleyC Said:

Thanks for taking time to reply...free is my favorite price!

Kelly- I use Picasa mainly to print & for doing a quick edit and save as to post here & on FB. It allows you to do a mark on the photo, change what digital size it is so you can upload it quickly. I have splotchy internet many times so this option really appealed to me. That and it is a FREE program. You can also set up digital albums on Google using it. I haven't, but it is an option.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to charcats7

ACU... still no scrapping. I keep doing other things instead.

I *have* to get my homework done now, so after I actually do that, then I am home free.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to charcats7

acu

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Hey Doreena - not to worry, I did know what you meant!

Okay good, I'm glad! For some reason I have trouble getting my "thoughts"to come out as the right "words" LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 09-12-12 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

I'm behind. I'm SO behind!

My dad is in the hospital. That's all I need. ONE disaster and all my well laid plans come crashing around my ears and into a big pile of mess at my feet.

I may not be around much the next day or two.

I'll TRY to keep up, but it's hopeless. I'm STILL back at page 13.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
I've been lurking but not participating because of the daunting task of trying to complete 30 layouts (plus the other challenges I entered)....then I just re-read the instructions and realize I don't need to do all 30. I'm going to a 4 day scrap retreat in 10 days so I think I will print a bunch of these sketches to take with me and I am gonna try to do a few before I leave....and maybe I can combine challenges too...I'm all pumped now...got some new papers and embellies to use...so here in almost the middle of the month....I'm jumping in.
off to leave some love.

PS...can I even do this?...do the layouts have to be done in order or can we skip around?....like go back and do the first one on day 12.kwim? Once you've missed a day can you go back and do it later??? If not no problem I may still do some of these anyway.

I haven't done anything but leave love- but I'm hoping to jump in on a few- don't be shy- I'm so jealous of your 4-day scrap retreat- haven't been to one of those in awhile

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to GentlewoodFarms

finally (pant, pant) all caught up again.

Now to scrap a few...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Pat- I hope everything is okay with your dad. Saying prayers and thinking good thoughts...

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to charcats7

Here's mine for Day 9:

Buen Viaje By Dancinirish90

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Melody - thanks for the compliment on my photos - my dh always laughs cause I will take hundreds of shots and be happy with a handful! But I really do take my time to get the right shot sometimes - it requires patience when there are lots of people around.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Sketch #12............

(Mc)Dreamy By Marcilb

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
Sketch #12............

(Mc)Dreamy By Marcilb

LOL!
Love that title!
Are you a "Grey's Anatomy" fan?

Edited by Doreena on 09-12-12 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom
In response to Doreena

I am acu. I am also way behind on making the pages.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to rahulsmom

I got some scrappy time today...YAY!!!
Here are my takes on day 7 and day 8:

dance with me, popa By Klweist

Fondly Remembered Furry Friends By Klweist

TFL

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to klweist

a ton of catching up to do

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jadebrit

Mine for today-Day #12:
Techie By FinallyMama
TFL

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jadebrit

mms

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

I have photos printed off for every sketch now. That's something, at least. Not scrapping tonight... I have time, just no energy. LOL

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I finally got to sit down today and see what today's sketch is!! I've been busy this week, busier than normal and it's making be bonkers!! I hope to get some paper and pictures all glued together tonight and tomorrow!!

Got all sorts of tabs open though so I can be ACU on luvin'

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to MrsCDJ

ACU on love, but not the scrapping. Congrats to those of you who can keep up! Been a manic week. I am waiting for some news which I'm expecting tomorrow --if it's good, and I expect it will be, I will be back to scrapping.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to LesleyC

Here's my #7

Backyard Friends By Scrapperbee

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

sooo faaarrr behinddddddddd

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

jci...still working on catching up w/y'all, but gonna take a break 4 a little bit 2nite so I can finish up the day 3 sketch I started over a week ago! I have it almost finished, just trying to make a decision on a title & once that's done I'll be able to photograph & upload it to my gallery. : )

Keep the LO's coming ladies, I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's different takes on the sketches. BBL to share my latest & leave more luvin'!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jamariel

Lesley - hoping you get the news you are hoping for!

Catching up on love and I don't feel so far behind now - just 5 to catch up on.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Can't wait to see today's sketch so I can have more pictures to print and stare at when I have time and no energy to scrapbook.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Melissa you are too funny!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to DaNel Hicks

Note to self : Start on page 20.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

You crack me up Melissa, .....
though I do kinda understand how you feel. I hardly have any time to scrap myself so hosting this challenge is probably the definition of insanity 4 me, but I love sketches & being inspired--even if I'm not initially able to get around to doing anything w/the inspiration I find...

On that note, here's our Day 13 sketch!

MSCAnniversary30DaySketch -A-Thon-Day13! By Jamariel

***note 2 self-return 2 pg. 23 4 loves***

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to jamariel

I love todays sketch! I hope to get at least one done today....I'm sooooo far behind!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Tracy F

Wow Jami, you keep given us gorgeous sketches to work with. I am now just 6 days behind (counting today) with sketches! I will be away this weekend and start my new job on Tuesday so it will be a bit of work to catch up when I get back if I don't get a little bit caught up today and tomorrow.

Page 5 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics