Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: Discouraged.        (Topic#1580207)
Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
Is it is time for yummy cake recipes yet?

Whoa there Turbo. You're getting ahead of yourself.

There hasn't been any name-calling yet.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to must_love_paper

• must_love_paper Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
Unfortunately, people here have been told they are mean for pointing out past threads. sometimes you just can't win.

the past thread thing isnt what I would consider mean or rude. It is the whole "this has been asked 100 times I am not going to be used for research do it yourself thing" that is rude

not everyone agrees. Which is my whole point. What some people consider "mean" isn't what other people would. Tone is hard online,,,,and if someone says something to me that sounds mean,,,I try and remember that (which is hard, sometimes, I agree,,,,) and I try to give them a pass. Emoticons and smileys and LOLs help,,,,but they don't totally eradicate the problem.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Gelidy Gelato Said:

how about frozen drink recipes instead?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

Linda, you're a ... a... a... mean flavored jelly bean!!!

Now can we move on to recipes?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

THAT. IS. THE. BEST. IDEA. YET!!!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

I'll drink to that. It is in the high 90s here.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • must_love_paper Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:
  • m.perk Said:
This is something that has been upsetting me for a while. It seems that when some topics are started in the general forum, the original poster or some of the individuals that reply are getting hounded for their thoughts or opinions. Like they are dead wrong for what they post. I used to visit the forum quiet regularly, but now I steer clear of them. I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, but I don't understand where everything changed over the last few years.

I'll throw out an idea… the membership have gotten more experienced, we have gotten more vocal, we will now step up and challenge a scrapbooking belief, we are more educated (example: we understand trademark laws better, know real facts about archival materials), we will debate different points of views.
And We won’t do the work for a newbie. Let them search the forums, gallery, superstore.
And can I just say, I am also tired of people using us for their own research for blogs, classes, crops, videos, retreats.
Does that all make us mean? I don't think so.

Do we bite someone’s head off because they ask a question? Yea, it happens sometimes. Especially if it involves using "found materials" in scrapbooking.
If you ask a question on a message board, ANY message board, you have to be ready for all sorts of answers...not just answers agreeing with your viewpoint. And you have to accept that your thread may veer off into other areas.

This thread is starting to make me giggle..

Your are tired of people using you to do their research yet at one point and time you were the newbie on the forum asking the questions and getting the information for someone else.

its really not about being mean its that whole thing your parents tried to teach you "treat others the way you want to be treated" if you do not want to be the person being "used" as information a forum really isn't the place for you. Because it is a place where people share what they know about certain things.

So either don't read the post, or when you do read it instead of being rude because you don't like providing the information to someone that someone once provided to you keep your fingers to yourself and zip it.

Honestly I'm trying to understand, but I'm afraid that words without body language or tone might come across as trying to prolong a fight...

Earlier, someone (and I'm too lazy to go back and see who and where) complained about how mean it is to post links for newbies and others as a way of answering their questions. The links are posted out of genuine kindness because the thread(s) that are linked are overflowing with the answers the poster is looking for, and in some instances are such a valuable resource that not only should they be stuck in a special subforum somewhere to be easily found but in many cases people here have bookmarked them so they can go back and reference it again and again. There are a few neighbors here who have a reputation for doing this because they want to help and this is the easiest and most efficient way of providing as much information as possible and they are attacked for not helping whoever but just posting links to all the previous help filled threads. They are called mean and asked why don't they just avoid the question if they can't be "helpful". Since when is helpful defined only as write an elaborate post that answers the question instead of linking to something that might be older but continues to answer the question perfectly? Why is being rude to these people Ok??

OMG, THIS!!!

Even as a not-new member around here, I still ask questions that get answered with links to other threads, and I love it because it provides a plethora of information that I didn't know existed. I find it extremely additionally helpful to get provided with a link that contains 2 or 3 pages of answers for whatever I'm asking, rather than a few [email protected] one sentence replies to my thread with whatever question I was asking just because everyone's tired of answering the same questions repeatedly.

Does that mean I expect everyone else here to do a forum search for me to find answers, heck NO, I'm not lazy. I'll search and check the boards before I ask, but let's be real here, sometimes the search tool here leaves a lot to be desired.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

Yeah!?

Well... you're a yellow-bellied, lint-licker!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

How's that? Can we have cake now?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

Yeah!?

I'm rubber and you're glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you!!

I'm craving a white russian right now, but I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen and make one.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Seaexplore

Pie. It's all about pie, people. Get it right.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you're all purple jumping beans,,,,so there.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to CommaHolly

I don't jump, it's bad for my knees. And I've got frozen pudding shots for anyone who agrees with me!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:

Yeah!?

I disagree!! Her belly is chartreuse! How could you be so wrong!?!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

and I vote for frozen drink recipes,,,,,I want a drink.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Omg, frozen pudding shots? I'll be on the first flight to your house, mmmmkay?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I don't jump, it's bad for my knees. And I've got frozen pudding shots for anyone who agrees with me!

MEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEE I AGREE WITH YOU!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

One of my customers made them for me....see what I mean about the perks of being a CM consultant!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I don't think I want to give you all MY frozen drink recipes.

GOOGLE!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Darn it. Now I can't find my favorite recipe!!!

Karma must have bit me for being so stingy.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
You are all so out of the loop and lame. Mis-matched is in. Wear one striped sock and one polka-dot sock with plaid shorts.

DUH!!!!!

I remember when I was in 2nd Grade (53 now) my teacher pulling me to the side for another teacher to see how I was dressed. My mom sent me to school with a Green and orange checkered dress with green and orange polka dot knee socks.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I don't think I want to give you all MY frozen drink recipes.

GOOGLE!

I prefer BING!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to leebla

If we're drinking, I fully expect someone to provide me with a mojito.

If you see mean, please feel free to PM - if more than one person hits report post...sometimes it glitches, and I don't get it at all.

And it's physically impossible to read everything. Unless they figure out how to get me enough diet coke to give up sleep.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-30-12 04:36 PM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
If we're drinking, I fully expect someone to provide me with a mojito.

If you see mean, please feel free to PM - if more than one person hits report post...sometimes it glitches, and I don't get it at all.

And it's physically impossible to read everything. Unless they figure out how to get me enough diet coke to give up sleep.

Would you like peppermint, apple mint, orange mint or CHOCOLATE MINT with your mojito?

(in case you can't tell, CHOC is my fav!!)

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Tivi

Hm. I don't know that I've had a mint OTHER than peppermint with mine.....surprise me.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-30-12 04:49 PM

Ooooo, choc mint in a mojito tastes like an Andes mint candy with a kick!

Expert
In response to Bxr-Linda

Sometimes I think a newbie might ask a question to get to know people...to get a response....to feel as they belong to the community, as well as get an answer.

Now...for me...here's my question...
How about those "Craft Wars?' lol.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to deedee49

DRINK'S AT TIVI'S HOUSE!!!!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-30-12 05:28 PM

What the heck is chocolate mint and can I have that in a mojito, too, please?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to shortmouse

• shortmouse Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
You are all so out of the loop and lame. Mis-matched is in. Wear one striped sock and one polka-dot sock with plaid shorts.

DUH!!!!!

I remember when I was in 2nd Grade (53 now) my teacher pulling me to the side for another teacher to see how I was dressed. My mom sent me to school with a Green and orange checkered dress with green and orange polka dot knee socks.

We are close to the same age. I remember wearing that style!! I have a photo of me wearing a red-paisley maxi dress, a pair of moccassins, and it was topped off with an orange-paisley parka.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to stick

What the heck? I go away for a couple of hours to make some pickles and I'm behind 5 pages.

Don't remember everything I read but you had me at "drink" not sure what flavor I like best so just give me one of each.

Please.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

• Gelidy Gelato Said:

I'm still working off the 10lbs I gained from the last time! lol

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
Sometimes I think a newbie might ask a question to get to know people...to get a response....to feel as they belong to the community, as well as get an answer.

This is what I think too, when I see the same questions asked over and over again.
They're new, they wanna jump into the forums and chat and get to know people. I think that is why we come online, to interact with others who share our same interests. Maybe they don't want to just click and read. Maybe they want to somewhat feel like they are carrying a conversation with someone.
I don't understand why if it bothers people ( just like the digi LO in the regular LO issue) and if it does, just scroll past it.
Or if it is helpful we're trying to be and afraid they won't get a response to their question, then I can see going and offering the suggestion of researching the forums.

I've spent the last 3 days painting and still not done- so i'll take any kind of drink going around!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to ChansGram

One of my first posts here was truly idiotic. I responded to someone here that clearly had a billion times more information on the subject than I did. God bless her for kindly stating that she knew what I was trying to say and that it simply did not work. It was a Cricut image question. I don't enjoy being in the drama here. I happily read it, but work has enough drama for me for one day.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Am seriously reconsidering my no drinking policy. Worried I might be a mean drunk though.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

You'll never know until you give it a spin, Nancy

Tenant
In response to stick

Chocolate Mint is one of my favourite plants! I just want to roll in its amazing chocolate smell!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Only if you are here to pick up the pieces, Jen. I plan on drinking again in May of 2015. That is plenty of time for you to save bus fare for trip out to the good ol' midwest.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

My favorite part of threads gone wild is trying to figure out where someone got offended. It is a great study in human nature.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to must_love_paper

• must_love_paper Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:
  • m.perk Said:
This is something that has been upsetting me for a while. It seems that when some topics are started in the general forum, the original poster or some of the individuals that reply are getting hounded for their thoughts or opinions. Like they are dead wrong for what they post. I used to visit the forum quiet regularly, but now I steer clear of them. I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, but I don't understand where everything changed over the last few years.

I'll throw out an idea… the membership have gotten more experienced, we have gotten more vocal, we will now step up and challenge a scrapbooking belief, we are more educated (example: we understand trademark laws better, know real facts about archival materials), we will debate different points of views.
And We won’t do the work for a newbie. Let them search the forums, gallery, superstore.
And can I just say, I am also tired of people using us for their own research for blogs, classes, crops, videos, retreats.
Does that all make us mean? I don't think so.

Do we bite someone’s head off because they ask a question? Yea, it happens sometimes. Especially if it involves using "found materials" in scrapbooking.
If you ask a question on a message board, ANY message board, you have to be ready for all sorts of answers...not just answers agreeing with your viewpoint. And you have to accept that your thread may veer off into other areas.

This thread is starting to make me giggle.

Your are tired of people using you to do their research yet at one point and time you were the newbie on the forum asking the questions and getting the information for someone else.

its really not about being mean its that whole thing your parents tried to teach you "treat others the way you want to be treated" if you do not want to be the person being "used" as information a forum really isn't the place for you. Because it is a place where people share what they know about certain things.

So either don't read the post, or when you do read it instead of being rude because you don't like providing the information to someone that someone once provided to you keep your fingers to yourself and zip it.

See, if we're talking about politeness and tone and not being mean then to me, the first bit I highlighted sounds patronising and the second bit is rude.

Yes, maybe a newbie will get a blunt answer occasionally (among other entirely polite and helpful ones hopefully) but 'on the whole' this place is unerringly nice and pretty tame. We're all human though and might have days when we're a little more blunt than perhaps we should be but if you're going to engage in any online community (and lets recognise that this is a HUGE community) you have to expect a huge range of people, opinions, cultures, personalities etc etc. Some people are blunt - that's life.

So while out and out rudeness isn't acceptable, if you have a very thin skin maybe this isn't the place for you (general you) either.

Now, did someone mention Mojitos?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to scrappercaz

All I'm adding is....

I've had apple pie for breakfast for the past three days.... And my 5 year old is attempting to change the lyrics to The Wall; so it must be time to start the day.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-31-12 03:51 AM
In response to MommaSaid

For those asking about the choc mint....

Common name: "Chocolate Mint"
Latin name: Mentha piperita species

And here's a link to the Bonnie Plants website:
http://bonnieplants.com/products/chocolate-mi nt

I'm about 10 miles south of the SBC office, and have my mints spread around my yard. Some are in almost full sun, some are under my rose hedge in almost full shade. Peppermint does MUCH better in shade than sun, choc mint does good in both. All of my mints are about 2 feet tall this time of year. When it cools off in October, I'll hack them back to about 6-8 inches. They go dormant in January and February, then I clean the beds and they come back in March.

Funny story about the mints and mojitos. My friend was supposed to come over to get a bunch of fresh mint for a party. I called her and left a message - "I'm home now, come on over for the mint to put in the mojiots". She never called back, so I called again. This time *someone* answered. Evidently I dialed the wrong number TWICE but reached someone with the same name as my friend! She was pretty excited about getting fresh mint and having mojitos! oops.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
All I'm adding is....

I've had apple pie for breakfast for the past three days.... And my 5 year old is attempting to change the lyrics to The Wall; so it must be time to start the day.

Awesome!

And having apple pie for breakfast is pretty cool too

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
  • deedee49 Said:

This is what I think too, when I see the same questions asked over and over again.
They're new, they wanna jump into the forums and chat and get to know people. I think that is why we come online, to interact with others who share our same interests. Maybe they don't want to just click and read. Maybe they want to somewhat feel like they are carrying a conversation with someone.
I don't understand why if it bothers people ( just like the digi LO in the regular LO issue) and if it does, just scroll past it.
Or if it is helpful we're trying to be and afraid they won't get a response to their question, then I can see going and offering the suggestion of researching the forums.

I've spent the last 3 days painting and still not done- so i'll take any kind of drink going around!

I agree that being new is exciting and wanting to start topics/conversation is part of the fun. However, if it's the 5th topic of "what's the best adhesive?" on the first page, it's as if they are not reading anything either.

I contributed to that conversation. Not to bring up old topics or to start a new debate but that one did bother me. Why? If we're using newbies as examples, I want them to understand any LO offers ideas and why be limited to only paper being listed in general LOs. It didn't bother me majorly, but I felt an opinion on the other side (aka debate) was needed.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to pugs223

I would LOVE to hear these new lyrics to The Wall!

Seriously, I think that when someone is new here, they have not figured the site out yet and that they can search for topics like adhesives, so even tho' we we need to be and try to help answer their questions. I've learned a lot from this site and still, there is more to learn so I don't really mind hearing it again. And speaking of that, it took me I don't know how many times to load my ATS correctly......but I didn't start a thread about it!

From my experience, there are a LOT of people out there that don't realize how an email or post might come across. IF on the other hand they are being just mean (and not just sarcastic) then, the best thing is to IGNORE them.

The Ground Zero thread....well that can get emotional. It's like discussing religion or politics. Don't go there. I don't even go there with some of my family.

Apple Pie sounds good right now!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to CrimsonMama

I'm a newbie and I have had nothing but positive feed back!! The search engine is not the best but I really appreciated the thread giving detailed instructions!!(:
When I see established people post links to older threads I have never felt that was rude!! My first thought is "how kind that they take the time to post this link"
When I created my account I was excited and wanted to get to know people!! I was also overwhelmed with all the new stuff available to me!! So I posted a "your must have" and was received very well!! Thank you for your wealth of info!!
I have also seen threads that are what is the word "not so happy scrappy" and I now understand how frustrating it must be to see the same questions posted over and over again!!! Like my momma says "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all" that is my motto and I stand by it(((:

Apple pie for breakfast heck yah!!!!!!!!!!(:
Did you say mojitos bring it on girls!!!!(:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to res19s2d

Thank you ladies for the enabling!!

I went out last night and bought all the ingredients for from-scratch bloody mary's.

And for those dieting... Bloody Mary's have so many vegetables, it's like a salad. Very healthy!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

I went out last night and bought all the ingredients for from-scratch bloody mary's.

And for those dieting... Bloody Mary's have so many vegetables, it's like a salad. Very healthy!

I will be enjoying bloody mary's all weekend with home-made tomato juice - it's my liquid diet weekend with my college roommie. Throw in a pickle (yes, I canned those too) and a beefstick = lunch on the go.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to pugs223

If I liked tomato juice, I could justify a bloody mary that way....

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

"Justify" ?? Whatever do you mean?

It's weird... I'm not a fan of tomato juice either, but I like a good Bloody Mary.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to pugs223

Dog slobber. The best adhesive around here is dog slobber.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
What the heck? I go away for a couple of hours to make some pickles and I'm behind 5 pages.

Don't remember everything I read but you had me at "drink" not sure what flavor I like best so just give me one of each.

Please.

So funny.
I made pickled beans last night (for the first time ever).

Garnish for the Bloody Mary's, you know!!

Some good, locally-made pepper vodka.. hmmmm.... I'm going to have a hard time finishing my work day!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 08:43 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Nearly everything's better with vodka in it

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
All I'm adding is....

My 4 year old changed the lyrics to Somewhere Out There. The second verse is now "Wake up and have a life."

Edited by Lunareclipse on 08-31-12 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 08:45 AM
In response to stick

My husband makes awesome pickled beets with onion. The kind of pickle that only needs a week or two in the fridge. ... Not quite sure how a beet martini would be, though.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to stick

OH Linda, I you. You just reminded me I have pickled beans in the basement from last year. I totally have a full meal in a mug now.

tomato juice, vodka, tablespoon of pickle juice, tabasco, worchestire sauce, pickle, beef stick and beans. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Just add more vodka

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

From scratch? You juice your own vegetables?!

I love Bloody Mary's. Or is it Bloody Marys? Or Bloody Maries?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pugs223

tomato juice is one of those things that makes me shudder involuntarily. Even with vodka.

and I DO like tomatoes

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
OH Linda, I you. You just reminded me I have pickled beans in the basement from last year. I totally have a full meal in a mug now.

tomato juice, vodka, tablespoon of pickle juice, tabasco, worchestire sauce, pickle, beef stick and beans. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

I have homemade horseradish! I'll share!
and add some pepper, celery salt

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

Ladies your cracking me up!!! I have no alcohol in my house!! I think it's going to be date night and I'm going to enjoy a mojito tonight!! Happy drinking ladies(:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

No silly!

I guess I should have clarified... I meant, not-from-a-mix. I bought the tomato juice.

I wondered the same thing. "Bloody Mary's" looked more correct to me. Although it wouldn't be... because it's not possessive, it's plural. Have another drink, and it won't matter!!!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to pugs223

Oh my goodness my dad and I used to can pickles!!! Love them!! I love everything pickle!!! Dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, pickled sunflower seeds, FRIED pickles!! Lol(((:

Anyhooo I miss canning pickles with my dad.

Edited by res19s2d on 08-31-12 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to res19s2d

I have to skip canning this week....But I don't have to skip vodka!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 09:43 AM
In response to Pouncedeleon

Pickled sunflower seeds? How interesting, I'd love to taste these.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to stick

You can now buy sunflower seeds that are pickle flavored!!!
David's and Bigz brand has them. Although my favorite is Bigz. I don't eat them often to much salt. But I indulge when I'm at a tournament for one of my kids sports. Sitting in 102+ degrees outside I figure I could use the salt(:

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-31-12 09:53 AM
In response to res19s2d

Bloody Mary's?

The resort that hosts Tailhook has a Bloody Mary bar cart. The bar cart is like those carts you see at shopping malls. You buy the tomato juice from the bartender, then garnish it from the cart. Lots of stuff I would NEVER dream of adding to a Bloody Mary!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:
You can now buy sunflower seeds that are pickle flavored!!!
David's and Bigz brand has them. Although my favorite is Bigz. I don't eat them often to much salt. But I indulge when I'm at a tournament for one of my kids sports. Sitting in 102+ degrees outside I figure I could use the salt(:

That is my weakness at my son's games too in this 102 degree weather. I like to have a pickle pop and pickle flavored sunflower seeds. Yummy!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Hmmmm....what is it when you have more than one Mary? Marys doesn't look right, neither does Maries.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 10:33 AM
In response to pugs223

Bloody Marys. Which is a breakfast/brunch food, right? It's brunch time here

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Of course I'll add celery salt. Pepper vodka sounds divine. I don't think I've tried horse radish - is that instead of the tabasco or in addition to?

I am so thirsty right now...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

I went back to the front page and the topic under this one is "Alcohol inks..." Totally thought it was something I could drink.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to pugs223

This topic is what got me thinking about those inks to fix my carpet!!! Blogging and cleaning can be hazardous to my carpet apparently!!!!(:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 10:38 AM
In response to res19s2d

Slow down, there, Peg old girl, sounds like you've had enough already!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to res19s2d

I'm so seriously excited that tomorrow is Saturday.

I WILL be having a Bloody Mary (or 2) with (or for) breakfast.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stick

• stick Said:

That's probably correct.

Peg - horseradish in addition to tabasco. You can adjust to your taste.
Absolut makes a peppar vodka. I use Crater Lake (local). I've heard of making your own by adding different types of sliced peppers to your vodka and letting it set (marinate? seep? whatever).

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

So many states away, yet doing the same thing I'll be starting around 2pm CST tomorrow, but earlier on Sunday.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 10:49 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • stick Said:

That's probably correct.

Absolut makes a peppar vodka. I use Crater Lake (local). I've heard of making your own by adding different types of sliced peppers to your vodka and letting it set (marinate? seep? whatever).

Macerate, actually. Food geek here.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Slow down, there, Peg old girl, sounds like you've had enough already!

Well I am 90, I can't drink like I used to

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
All I'm adding is....

Awesome!

And having apple pie for breakfast is pretty cool too

The lyrical nonsense is my fault. When I join him for Lego time, I find it safe to build walls, because he either takes over my too-cool creations OR tells me I'm doing it wrong. Walls are never an issue. However, it made me start singing, "all in all we're just a-nother brick in the wall..."

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to pamela.tx

I know I love watching the games and eating my seeds!! A lot of my soccer moms like those pickle pops also!! When it gets really hot one of moms always brings pickle juice for the girls who will drink it. She swears it helps with hydrationz!! I'm guessing it's the salt and it causing water retention((:

Girl we have a lot in common lol(:

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to stick

• stick Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • stick Said:

That's probably correct.

At first glance I thought you were telling her to chew. That's "masticate," isn't it?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 10:58 AM
In response to MommaSaid

lol, Anne. And yes you're right. Just don't try to say any of these words too fast after a healthy bloody mary or 3.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stick

• stick Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • stick Said:

That's probably correct.

Interesting. I did not know that.

See how educating and helpful our neighbors are here?!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Indeed.

Kumbayah.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • kelseymel Said:

So many states away, yet doing the same thing I'll be starting around 2pm CST tomorrow, but earlier on Sunday.

Well, I figure if I have to sit through the next god-knows-how-many weekends of ALL FOOTBALL, ALL THE TIME that I might as well enjoy myself.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

"Infuse" was the word I was thinking of.

Pepper infused vodka.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Bxr-Linda

I bought some Absolut Peppar once and it almost made me throw up.

I may have used too much though.

It was very strong!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Indeed.

Kumbayah.

Some extra tips to consider when mixing alcohol and scrapping
1) Pre-made page kits. Planning ahead will help alleviate taking 2 hours to pick out the perfect paper for your photos. It will also prevent the "what the he!! was I thinking?" when you look at your drunken decision the next morning
2) Put the safety cap back on all pointy tweezers and scissors if possible. It will prevent injury when rummaging through your tools to find your cutterbees
3) Forget straight lines - place all pics, mats and embellishments like you meant for them to be crooked.
4) Don't bleed on the Bazzill. Unless you're doing a Halloween page, then it might be cool.

Edited by pugs223 on 08-31-12 11:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-31-12 11:31 AM
In response to kelseymel

Oh, yes, infuse. I have seen a distinction that infusion requires heat whereas maceration is a cold process. Not sure if this is an actual definition, though, or if the proponents were merely trying to appear overly educated.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:
I know I love watching the games and eating my seeds!! A lot of my soccer moms like those pickle pops also!! When it gets really hot one of moms always brings pickle juice for the girls who will drink it. She swears it helps with hydrationz!! I'm guessing it's the salt and it causing water retention((:

Girl we have a lot in common lol(:

We sure do!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Oh, yes, infuse. I have seen a distinction that infusion requires heat whereas maceration is a cold process. Not sure if this is an actual definition, though, or if the proponents were merely trying to appear overly educated.

Now, you're just getting too technical.

That sounds reasonable, but I've always heard of flavored alcohol referred to as "infused." Of course, that does not mean it is the CORRECT usage of the term.

Melissa - I've never actually had the Absolut. But, our favorite Mexican restaurant serves a mango margarita with habanero (sp?) tequila. Sweet, but with a kick. VERY good!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Bxr-Linda

It's just about dessert time.... still have a huge bag of those frozen pudding shots...

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-31-12 05:14 PM

Hey Liz - I heard you did 100 calls!!!! WOOT!!!!

You deserve dessert!!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Indeed.

Kumbayah.

Some extra tips to consider when mixing alcohol and scrapping
1) Pre-made page kits. Planning ahead will help alleviate taking 2 hours to pick out the perfect paper for your photos. It will also prevent the "what the he!! was I thinking?" when you look at your drunken decision the next morning
2) Put the safety cap back on all pointy tweezers and scissors if possible. It will prevent injury when rummaging through your tools to find your cutterbees
3) Forget straight lines - place all pics, mats and embellishments like you meant for them to be crooked.
4) Don't bleed on the Bazzill. Unless you're doing a Halloween page, then it might be cool.

BTW, I do #3 even when sober. Sometimes I actually get things straight by accident!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Luvmyfam

I can't believe I missed this post!!!!!! I'm rolling!!! These rules are just hilarious!!!!
I've learned so much!! Recipes, chat room etiquette, eating and drinking habits, rules to scrap by while intoxicated, what it is to infuse my alcohol, I have a lot in common with Pamela, I'm not the only one that loves or has canned pickles!! I think I'm going to have to print out some of this and SCRAP it!!!!!(:

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Luvmyfam

I think how fun the last two pages of this thread are is the perfect example of how there are so, so many more good apples here than bad!

At any message board, there are going to be those who will take the time to be snide vs. simply ignoring a thread they are annoyed with, such as the frequently asked questions. I don't get it, but it is what it is. There is a television program I discuss online at a forum and there are certain questions that are ALWAYS asked by new viewers. I just ignore them if I am busy or answer them politely if I have the time.

When I first joined here, I began a thread that many felt was negative. And it in no way was meant to be. And I did feel very sad about it and was SO grateful to several women who sent me personal messages with positivity. It was so cool, and totally afforded me the confidence to stick around. And I am glad I did because I have come into contact with so many cool scrappers!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to ktmracing

In Canada we have the Caesar as a popular cocktail. I like it and heck, I don't even like clams.

It is Clamato juice, vodka, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, celery stick and a celery salt rimmed glass.

Expert
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
In Canada we have the Caesar as a popular cocktail. I like it and heck, I don't even like clams.

It is Clamato juice, vodka, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, celery stick and a celery salt rimmed glass.

Now that sounds interesting

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to deedee49

I've never had a Bloody Mary. I envision it slithering down my throat like a Southern sweet tea (inside joke from the Ground Zero thread).

Edited by Luvmyfam on 08-31-12 07:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics