Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: Discouraged.        (Topic#1580207)
corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to deedee49

I think it is almost like a Bloody Mary but with Clamato juice.

For years, a co-worker and I would go for a Caesar on March 15th - the Ides of March

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

If you want to see some serious pickles and canning, check out the latest pics in my gallery (I'd post them but I'm on my phone right now). That is only half of what I've done so far this year.

Not trolling for comments, just sharing

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

Peg, I like your pickles!

Weird, though....I can't open the photos. I click on the pics and nada. It's probably my lame laptop. I hate it sometimes.

Veteran
In response to corrie fan

corrie fan - there is a lounge about 1/2 block from work - makes THE best ceasars! And their garnishes are crazy! Glass is rimmed with celery salt, then they have a celery stick, then have a little cocktail pick stuck through pickled asparagas, a thin slice of pepper,and an olive. You have ready made appetizer with every drink! (Now I'm craving one!) lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SunnyAB

I just got home (been gone 8 weeks) and all of you have me in the mood for a Fuzzy Navel. Would love to have one right now. However, it is 3:36AM and husband and I are tired. Maybe I'll have the Fuzzy Navel for breakfast.

It does have orange juice in it so that counts. Not sure about the Peach Schnappes and Vodka but I will count those as breakfast foods too if it helps justify it.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Henri Jean

I love how this thread evolved from speaking up on the meanies to alcohol lol

With that being said..with the fall coming and the holidays not far behind its Gingerbread Martini time!! I loveee Gingerbread Martinis

To all the newbies (or not so newbies) who have been insulted...I'm real sorry you had to experience that. I joined this site in 2008 and never had a problem back then. I've noticed its the same people over and over always involved in some kind of drama. I tend to stay away from the main board because of that. Mean people bite. Period.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
OH Linda, I you. You just reminded me I have pickled beans in the basement from last year. I totally have a full meal in a mug now.

tomato juice, vodka, tablespoon of pickle juice, tabasco, worchestire sauce, pickle, beef stick and beans. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

I have homemade horseradish! I'll share!
and add some pepper, celery salt

Next time try Trappey's hot sauce instead of the tobasco. It's way better.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to angie girl

OMG, I just caught up on the last 3 or 4 pages. I'm rolling in laughter here, my coworkers are looking at me funny, and I'm craving alcohol. hmmmm, there's a restaurant that sells mimosas every day of the week. Now I'm craving that, and I don't even like champagne when it's by itself.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to angie girl

There has been a lot more drama here than normal but if you notice, its about the same 3 or 4 people are alwyas at the root of it.

Never did get that Fuzzy Navel. Maybe later today or tonight.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

I've noticed that too Henri

Now I want a fuzzy navel...

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Bxr-Linda

OK--
Love made up song lyrics
Neon, notsomuch
Pudding shots sound AWESOME
but not a fan of vodka (any flavor)
I don't mind answering questions but
I think linking threads is helpful
I love pickles, but have never heard of pickle pops
Trappey's hot sauce is really good
Being ignored is not
Apple pie is delish any time of day
and I make a really good alcoholic beverage for our annual Christmas party that tastes just like it

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 09-01-12 07:20 PM
In response to Kim222

Whoa.

Kim, a beverage that tastes like apple pie???

PLEASE SHARE!!!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
Whoa.

Kim, a beverage that tastes like apple pie???

PLEASE SHARE!!!!!

Yes!! Please do!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to scraprabbit

Absolutely I'll share!!
I may not kiss and tell, but I'll drink and tell
It's super easy (the recipe, not me )

You will need:
2 gallons of apple cider
1 cup of brown sugar
1 bottle (750ml) alcohol
lots of cinnamon sticks

Put everything except the alcohol in a big pot and bring it to a slow boil - being sure to keep stirring. Once the sugar has dissolved, let it cool completely. Add the alcohol. Put a few cinnamon sticks in some empty bottles, then pour in your concoction and store it for awhile. The longer it sits, the smoother it gets.

You can alter it to your taste, so if you want it sweeter, add more sugar. More or less cinnamon-y tasting, add or remove some sticks.

Apple cider is heavier than apple juice, so if you like the consistency of the juice better, use that instead.

I use Everclear (which is 190 proof BUT remember, you're making a little more than 2 gallons from that one bottle, so its not as strong as it sounds), but you can sub vodka as well.

I usually store it for about 2 months, then put it in the freezer a couple of days before I'm going to serve it.

I serve it in cordial glasses because more than that at one time could be a little much

Cheers!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

Thanks Kim - this recipe looks like a keeper!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to m.perk

This really makes me sad and the reason I've not been on as much and this has always been my go to site

Veteran
In response to Kim222

OK - not taking any chances of missing out this time - copied that treasure the moment I saw it!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 09-02-12 05:27 PM
In response to SunnyAB

Thanks Kim!!!

I don't think I've seen Everclear. I have BevMo nearby, I'll check there.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
Thanks Kim!!!

I don't think I've seen Everclear. I have BevMo nearby, I'll check there.

They don't sell Everclear in every state. Or maybe it's they don't sell the 190 proof in every state. I forget now.

Can't stand the stuff. It has a KICK! Wowza! My grandpa used to put it in his homemade brandy. My mom's brandy is so much better w/o out.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 09-02-12 06:35 PM
In response to scraprabbit

So is it just grain alcohol? Or is it a gin, vodka, rum?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Tivi

You're all welcome!!

Everclear is grain alcohol, and it does have a kick - its 190 proof! However, that why this recipe dilutes it so much. Thats also why I let it sit for a couple of months before serving it. That really does tone it down.

If you try it when you make it, you probably won't taste anything but the alcohol. Its that strong. The longer you let it sit, the smoother it gets. The alcohol "flavor" dissipates and the apple flavor takes over. I think 2 months is the minimum I would wait before drinking it, but its all a matter of personal taste. If you do decide to make this, just keep checking it every few weeks. You'll know when its ready.

I have heard of people subbing out vodka, but I'm not a fan of vodka, so I've never tried it. There are places online where you can buy it if it isn't sold in your state. Let me know if you need a link.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Tivi

It is a neutral grain alcohol but Everclear is a brand. It's also a Band......

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to Kim222

Kim, this recipe looks AWESOME!! Question: do you refrigerate it while letting it sit? Or throw it in a dark cabinet? Can't wait to mix up a batch...

Thanks!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to papermouse

Hmmm...I'm not sure it matters where you keep it. I've done both a cabinet and the fridge (depending upon where I had room at the time) and it seemed to be just fine either way.

Serving it, I like it right from the freezer, but thats just personal preference. Any way you enjoy it is the right way

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

The key is letting it sit awhile. I'll be making a batch in October for our Christmas party in December. It really does take the edge off. Otherwise, it just tastes like alcohol.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to Kim222

awesome, thanks Kim! I guess I'll see where there's room, and stash it there

Veteran
In response to Kim222

Kim - does this become a slush consistency - or it stays liquid, but you just like it ice cold from the freezer?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SunnyAB

Because of the high alcohol content it will not freeze

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 09-04-12 04:14 AM
In response to SunnyAB

• SunnyAB Said:
Kim - does this become a slush consistency - or it stays liquid, but you just like it ice cold from the freezer?

I'm thinking it would get slushy. I put muscat and desert wines in the freezer for a few hours and those get slushy.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Tivi

I see we're still discussing alcholic beverages. Love it!

That recipe sounds yummy, will have to try it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my bloody marys this weekend.

Veteran
In response to Tivi

Well, there is no problem either way - I will drink it! But between having lots of other liquid vs the 190 proof I wasn't sure if it would semi-freeze or not. Will have to look if we have Everclear up here. Thanks again for the recipe.

Edited by SunnyAB on 09-04-12 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 11:13 AM
In response to SunnyAB

To do list for today:

Work on my wedding album
Check in on scrapbook.com
Add Everclear to shopping list

Well at least I got something accomplished today!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 11:16 AM
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

I usually store it for about 2 months, then put it in the freezer a couple of days before I'm going to serve it.

Thanks Kim! Question - what do you store this in? I have a funnel but I'm short on empty bottles. Do you just pour it back into the apple cider plastic bottles or should it be stored in glass bottles?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
To do list for today:

Work on my wedding album

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
To do list for today:

Work on my wedding album

LOL!

I am just checking in and noticed I sure missed out on A LOT! I definitely need to write down the recipe I missed! Sounds like a great drink to make me feel all nice and toasty (pun intended) during the winter.

Veteran
In response to pamela.tx

Realization of the day - I have been a member since 2005, (and readily admit to be mostly a 'lurker and learner') so only have 310 posts. Of those, about 5 of them have been in this thread. Hmmmmm...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SunnyAB

Angie - thanks for the tip about Trappeys hot sauce. Never heard of it. Have to look for that.

Unfortunately, I did NOT enjoy a Bloody Mary this weekend. There's always next weekend.

I have a cousin who makes Apple Pie-- I think he serves it hot. He also stills his own alcohol too.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
  • Kim222 Said:

Thanks Kim! Question - what do you store this in? I have a funnel but I'm short on empty bottles. Do you just pour it back into the apple cider plastic bottles or should it be stored in glass bottles?

Doesn't matter. I've used the plastic apple cider jugs and the empty Everclear bottles as well. Just make sure its sealed tight. Don't try to fashion an aluminum foil "cap" to cover the top of the bottle because you lost the original cap.....like I once did

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SunnyAB

• SunnyAB Said:

It won't get as slushy as a slurpee and yes, I like it ice cold. Its also delish hot, but the heat will burn off some of the alcohol (which is why you should wait for the recipe to be totally cooled off before adding it).

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
To do list for today:

Work on my wedding album

Its a wonderful thing to cross stuff off your to do list

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SunnyAB

• SunnyAB Said:
Realization of the day - I have been a member since 2005, (and readily admit to be mostly a 'lurker and learner') so only have 310 posts. Of those, about 5 of them have been in this thread. Hmmmmm...

You've just been waiting for the right conversation to lure you out

Diva
In response to Kim222

Interesting recipe. Should give it a try.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • SunnyAB Said:

It won't get as slushy as a slurpee and yes, I like it ice cold. Its also delish hot, but the heat will burn off some of the alcohol (which is why you should wait for the recipe to be totally cooled off before adding it).

With cousin's moonshine, I think that's the point! You HAVE to burn off some alcohol, so it doesn't melt your liver!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Bxr-Linda

In that case, I'd add the 'shine while the cider is BOILING!! Thats gotta be some potent stuff!!

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to m.perk

Thank you for sharing your heart and opening the doors for others to not be afraid of those who are bullies.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
In that case, I'd add the 'shine while the cider is BOILING!! Thats gotta be some potent stuff!!

I was completely wrong. Just checked with hubby.

Apparently the moonshine/apple pie is served cold (adding the alcohol after the cider heats to 100*), just like your recipe.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Debby Lewis

• KeepsakeDesigner Said:
Thank you for sharing your heart and opening the doors for others to not be afraid of those who are bullies.

Bullies? Where?

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to whateveriwant

• whateveriwant Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
I think we need to remember you can't read tone of voice online. It's allowable to disagree,,,,I also think it depends on what you mean by "hounded". If they are free to state their opinion, then I am free to disagree

if someone states that A is the best way to scrapbook, why is it permissable for them to state their opinion, but not for ME to state that I prefer method B??

I think sometimes, we read tone of voice into a post that isn't there Respect is important,,no doubt about it

I think this forum is increasingly hostile to newbies or people that post things that have been posted before. Like this recent comment for example:

• Quote:
And who cares? Well, I guess the OP does, but I don't think anybody else cares about what "style" people scrap. There's just no purpose to it.

People here get super mad when talking about certain styles so I'd just leave it alone.

When people post things and others reply with "who cares?" I don't think there's any mistaking the tone.

Also, when people post common themed topics, some regulars seem to just go nuts telling them "we already talked about this so many times" or "this is old news" or whatever. Yeah, that's the nature of online community. We already know the search function here stinks so why would we expect new people to be able to use it to find all the threads that mention what they want to know?

Just seems to me lately that there are folks who want to be argumentative instead of helpful.

I actually did this before I posted my question about photo storage. I guess I was looking in the wrong places or my keywords weren't 'key' enough because I found nothing.

When a person that is new to the craft makes a post, I respond kindly and I hope I give them good information. I am an experienced scrapper/crafter and I still have questions and sometimes, I don't have the time or energy to try and find an old thread to get an answer so I make a new post.

Old Mother Forum can be very wicked in her old age.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SoonerT

Also old threads are just that OLD. New members can have new ideas, new products may now be available, etc.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to NMlady

True and a good point.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:
I am an experienced scrapper/crafter and I still have questions and sometimes, I don't have the time or energy to try and find an old thread to get an answer so I make a new post.

With all due respect, what you're saying is that because *you* don't have the time or energy to look for information that is all over the forums, you expect others here to use THEIR time and energy to repeatedly answer the same questions??

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • SoonerT Said:
I am an experienced scrapper/crafter and I still have questions and sometimes, I don't have the time or energy to try and find an old thread to get an answer so I make a new post.

With all due respect, what you're saying is that because *you* don't have the time or energy to look for information that is all over the forums, you expect others here to use THEIR time and energy to repeatedly answer the same questions??

Your time is less valuable than mine so that sounds about right.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

What the blazes?? Starts off a bit questionable....gets to the good stuff...now back to laziness and-or the experience or ability to properly search the forums....*dies from exhaustion*.....*revives self to go look at drink recipes*

I admit I have been off the forums for awhile due to life stuffs, but sheeze Louise! Looks like I missed out on some good stuff that I could have used for humorous fodder! Dangit!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Manda_K

Hey Manda!
Hope you're doing well these days. missed you around here.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • SoonerT Said:

No one HAS to respond to anything they don't want to respond to, nor do they have to find information for others if they don't want to.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Hey Manda!
Hope you're doing well these days. missed you around here.

Thanks Linda!

Work this summer was freakin' CRAZY, I have had no time to keep up! We got some new hires, so hopefully, I can begin posting and scrapping and causing general mayhem!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

I think that what is concerning me with this thread is that I was a newbie and read it, I would be afraid to post any questions for fear that it may have been asked and I didn't see it.

When you are new, its not always easy to post a question and even harder if you think someone might reprimand you because its been asked before.

I think that sometimes new people ask not only get answers to their questions, but as a way to integrate into the group and start chatting, if that makes sense.

Yes, they want answers, but they also want to start chatting and have a question so they ask as a way to learn and to start being active here. I personally think that is a very good thing.

When I was new - if I had a question with an answer that was black or white - right or wrong and not a multiple choice I sometimes found it on my own. If not, I asked it without fear of someone telling me it has already been addressed. We didn't used to do that.

But if it were an opinion question, I always asked it. And I appreciate it that opinion and idea questions are frequently asked again because different people sometimes contribute with different ideas.

How many times has the topic of storiing punches come up? Dozens, I'm aure. Okay, maybe not dozens. But this last time I picked up a useful tip I plan to use. Maybe it was mentioned before and I didn't see it, maybe not, but it is an idea that will work for me.

I have no idea how many people lurk but do not post because they aren't comfortable posting yet. I don't want to make them feel more uncomfortable by feeling like their question may have been asked before so its better not to ask.

Just ask. It won't bother me. When a topic is brought up again, new ideas are often suggested by new people, or even experienced contrubiters who didn't answer it before or have discovered something else to add.

Even if a topic is a repeat, I can often learn from it.

There are a lot of us here who do not mind at all answering a question again. And if I don't have time or don't want to answer it again. That is up to me but if I have time, I try to answer again, even if I've answered it before.

Like NMlady so wisely said - No one HAS to respond to anything they don't want to respond to, nor do they have to find information for others if they don't want to.

Add I have to add, there are some of us that enjoy helping answer the questions, even if they have been asked before.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Henri, I think you have made excellent points!

I know when I was knew, I posted questions as a way to get the ball rolling, and sometimes now I will answer, sometimes not. Sometimes I think, "hello new person, there is an answer for that RIGHT BELOW YOU...or use Google dangit!" but I don't post that, I try to see it from a new posters POV instead of my own.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Manda_K

I remember being taught "there's no such thing as a stupid question".

I also tell my kids that if they don't understand something then to ASK.

I will admit that repetitive questions irk me, but in the grand scheme of life . . . who cares?

If any newbie is actually reading this, ask away. Don't be shy. Everyone was new once. Sure, some people are snarky and bitter, others are as dumb as a box of rocks, but most are really fun and helpful. Some of my very best friends are great big meanies.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kelseymel

Mandy - I like you comment - that you try to see if from the posters POV instead of your own.

I think that is an excellent attitude to have. I hate to see this become an entironment where newbies are afraid to speak up. And I'm glad you understood my point of asking a simple question to get the ball rolling and start chatting. The first step can be difficult.

We all have the option of moving on to the next thread if we don't want to deal with that topic again.

Melissa - I agree - I also taught my kids that if they didn't know or understand something ASK!

These boards are a lot more fun to me if there are a lot of topics and discussions going on, even if some are repetitive. And I love seeing new people get active here!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

Henri - you do make very valid points and I also have started threads to get involved and also learn from repeated topics.

Here is what I have seen
1) someone posts a question which the veterans on here have seen a lot
2) veterans and newbies answer
3) someone may point out that is has been asked and offer some links to past threads for the person to look at
4) BAM! someone calls out the person who posted links saying they are being really rude and they're always rude, why bother responding at all if all they are going to do if post links
5) the battle of words begins

Can't we all just get along?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

There is no such thing as a stupid question (even if it's the 5th one of the same topic on the first page, slightly annoying, but not stupid).

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

Everyone was new once. Sure, some people are snarky and bitter, others are as dumb as a box of rocks, but most are really fun and helpful. Some of my very best friends are great big meanies.

When I was a newbie, I didn't know who was who, if they were snarky, bitter, etc. The boards were all puppies and rainbows from my point of view. Then I saw some battle of words and got to know some people, and my rose colored glasses came off.

But in the grand scheme of things, these boards are awesome resources for anything scrappy and crafty.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Henri - you do make very valid points and I also have started threads to get involved and also learn from repeated topics.

Here is what I have seen
1) someone posts a question which the veterans on here have seen a lot
2) veterans and newbies answer
3) someone may point out that is has been asked and offer some links to past threads for the person to look at
4) BAM! someone calls out the person who posted links saying they are being really rude and they're always rude, why bother responding at all if all they are going to do if post links

5) the battle of words begins

Can't we all just get along?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

There is no such thing as a stupid question (even if it's the 5th one of the same topic on the first page, slightly annoying, but not stupid).

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Yes, that is EXACTLY how it often happens.

You just can win, and you can't please all the people all the time...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

That hits the nail right on the head - both Peg and Linda. This is exactly how it happens.

I think it is a good idea to refer to past posts if they are helpful, and they usually are.

My problem is I've seen this done in a very nice way with a note that says "welcome to the boards" or even gives additional info or comments. And the link attached.

I've also seen it written very snarky which would make me feel lazy and stupid for asking the question when all I wanted to do was start a conversation. More often than not, with new people they are just trying to jump in and see their question as a way to start chatting as well as learning or gathering info.

I guess I feel a link is good and should be posted but new people often need more than just a link thrown at them. They want to get involved in the discussion.

If I asked a question and a person just posted a link and didn't talk to me, I would probably find the link helpful but it wouldn't help me get started making friends and chatting.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

Linda - I may or may not have been thinking of you as I typed that

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

I know!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

You two are funny!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hahaa!! I like the links, I think it is a good way to find the answers and also read a little. But it does happen that way.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Manda_K

I know we've kind of focused on the repeat question posts.... but I went back and read the original post here.

I think she was referring to people disagreeing with posters.
It's already been said
when someone posts something online, in public, he/she needs to be prepared that no everyone will agree with them.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Bxr-Linda

I agree.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-12-12 10:21 AM
In response to Manda_K

And that disagreement does not equal mean, rude or bullying.

And what exactly are the 3 smily heads doing to that horse? I get the one with the whip, but it looks like the other 2 heads trying to eat it, yech!! lol.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Nah, they are just beating it.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

See Linda, there you go, pointing out how we're WRONG again! So typical

I've also wasted five minutes staring at that smiley. The one is definitely biting the horse and making it bleed. I think the one with the whip actually bites it first, then whips it.

Yes, I even zoomed in to have a closer look.

Back to work....

Edited by pugs223 on 09-12-12 10:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-12-12 10:36 AM
In response to Manda_K

Ah - head-butting, I guess. Just looks weird, lol.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

I have to say, I have rarely seen actual meanness or bullying take place. Normally, it is that someone takes offense where none was intended and it just leapfrogs to hurt feelings.

But as has been mentioned, tone is near impossible to convey on the tubes.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

Bob & Tom (morning radio talk show) were just discussing the importance of developing a sarcasm font.

They suggested using *** to start and to end the statement so the reader can tell.

That may not save all because sarcasm can just be a cover for b*tchiness. At least that's what the facebook cartoon said

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

Well, I don't give a flying fart for what Bob & Tom said. /sarcasm

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Manda_K

How exactly is "beating a dead horse" depicted with smileys with no arms!?

Perhaps I did the wrong search? ("eating" "beating" ... so close)

Sorry for the disturbing image.
How about this one?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

That one is less disturbing, however, isn't that beating a dead cow?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Bxr-Linda

HAHAA!!! I didn't even get that they didn't have arms....maybe they were eating it...beating...eating...almost the same...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

Peg, seriously?! A cow? How many cows do you see with a saddle??

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

I had to read it twice. The first time I was all like "whatever witch" then I saw the /sarcasm, reread it KNOWING it was sarcastic, then I laughed.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
HAHAA!!! I didn't even get that they didn't have arms....maybe they were eating it...beating...eating...almost the same...

It's like the Fisher Price little people. No limbs.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Um, the saddle goes ON the horse but what is a saddle made from?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

And, ouch, right on the tookas every time! Poor cow-horse.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Now you're really confusing me!

So, a cow-hide saddle-wearing horse??

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Maybe we need a "beating Bob and Tom" emoticon?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

Weebles Wobble but they don't eat horses.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

I had to read it twice. The first time I was all like "whatever witch" then I saw the /sarcasm, reread it KNOWING it was sarcastic, then I laughed.

Learn to read. /sarcasm

See...that works cause then you have to read it twice, it is that much funnier! Heeheee!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

Weebles Wobble but they don't eat horses.

*How* do you know for sure?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Now you're really confusing me!

So, a cow-hide saddle-wearing horse??

Ok, I apparently should have zoomed in more on that one. It just looked like a saddle....

Off to call eye dr for a new prescription.....

Hey, I'm 90 what do you expect?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

For Betty White, I think your eyesight is awesome!

Are you on a tiny iPhone screen?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to stick

• stick Said:

And what exactly are the 3 smily heads doing to that horse? I get the one with the whip, but it looks like the other 2 heads trying to eat it, yech!! lol.

A thousand times THIS. I'm so tired of drama queens and their twisted panties when someone disagrees with them.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

Smartphone. Now logged in on computer.

That's better.

This thread is cracking me up from arguing about rudeness to beverage recipes to beating dead horse smiley and Little People arguments.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kelseymel

Don't Google "little people eating horses".

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • stick Said:

A thousand times THIS. I'm so tired of drama queens and their twisted panties when someone disagrees with them.

*checks panties*

Not twisted.

Whew!

For a second there, I thought you were watching me get dressed.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

have you guys been into the apple pie already?!?!

sarcastic eye doctor weebles eating and beating dead horse cows with twisted panties?!?! really?!?!?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Kim222

Manda. Drama queens in and of themselves don't bother me, I actually find them quite entertaining. It's the butthurtness that bothers me. People take everything way too seriously.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

have you guys been into the apple pie already?!?!

sarcastic eye doctor weebles eating and beating dead horse cows with twisted panties?!?! really?!?!?

Shhhhh.....don't tell my boss I've been into the apple pie

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

There's APPLE PIE??!!

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics