Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: Discouraged.        (Topic#1580207)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

There will be!! Actually getting ready to make some in a couple weeks for our Christmas party.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

I agree...too many people get seriously butthurt these days. They should make a PSA about it.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to Henri Jean

Even though a question has been asked before, there may be someone who answers the questions in a way it wasn't answered before. I don't think it hurts to ask the question for example, how do you store your pattern paper or what is the best adhesive more than once. New things pop up all the time. There may be a great new idea or product since the last time the question was asked.

I think when you're very comfortable in a community or group you tend to be more frank. That may be what happens sometimes. You say what you feel, and those familiar with you probably wouldn't take it wrong but a newbie might.

Just my opinions, and we all know the saying about opinions.....right?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Castle Scrapper

If the saying is "my opinion is always right" then yes, I know that saying.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• Castle Scrapper Said:

Yep! Any opinion that doesn't agree with mine needs a few apple pie shooters until they see the light. Or pass out.

JUST KIDDING

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Kim222

I like it!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Manda_K

Did somebody say drinks?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• Castle Scrapper Said:
Even though a question has been asked before, there may be someone who answers the questions in a way it wasn't answered before. I don't think it hurts to ask the question for example, how do you store your pattern paper or what is the best adhesive more than once. New things pop up all the time. There may be a great new idea or product since the last time the question was asked.

I think when you're very comfortable in a community or group you tend to be more frank. That may be what happens sometimes. You say what you feel, and those familiar with you probably wouldn't take it wrong but a newbie might.

I cannot be the only one with this view....

If the question, for example, is STILL showing in the first or second page of the forums, WHY does anyone need to ask it again (and again, and again....)????

Just revive the most current thread on the subject, and add to it.

It's kind of ridiculous to look in a forum section, and 2/3 of the questions are all the SAME topic.

{and, yes, in the grand scheme of things, this should NOT annoy me. To me, it's like opening a package of something with GIGANTIC instructions, and calling the manufacturer FIRST before reading the instructions.}

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • Castle Scrapper Said:

Yep! Any opinion that doesn't agree with mine needs a few apple pie shooters until they see the light. Or pass out.

JUST KIDDING

Pass out? Did someone say they want to play Pass Out? That is an awesome drinking game. I handed those reins over to my little brother when he went to college.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
Did somebody say drinks?

Sent out the Bat signal for Jane!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I don't know how to use the search), but I think someone posted a recipe for an Apple Pie cocktail. Could you post that again?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• corrie fan Said:
Did somebody say drinks?

SOMEBODY did. You heard it.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I don't know how to use the search), but I think someone posted a recipe for an Apple Pie cocktail. Could you post that again?

Sure--how many times shall I repeat it for you?

Absolutely I'll share!!
I may not kiss and tell, but I'll drink and tell
It's super easy (the recipe, not me )

You will need:
2 gallons of apple cider
1 cup of brown sugar
1 bottle (750ml) alcohol
lots of cinnamon sticks

Put everything except the alcohol in a big pot and bring it to a slow boil - being sure to keep stirring. Once the sugar has dissolved, let it cool completely. Add the alcohol. Put a few cinnamon sticks in some empty bottles, then pour in your concoction and store it for awhile. The longer it sits, the smoother it gets.

You can alter it to your taste, so if you want it sweeter, add more sugar. More or less cinnamon-y tasting, add or remove some sticks.

Apple cider is heavier than apple juice, so if you like the consistency of the juice better, use that instead.

I use Everclear (which is 190 proof BUT remember, you're making a little more than 2 gallons from that one bottle, so its not as strong as it sounds), but you can sub vodka as well.

I usually store it for about 2 months, then put it in the freezer a couple of days before I'm going to serve it.

I serve it in cordial glasses because more than that at one time could be a little much

Cheers!!!

Edited by Kim222 on 09-12-12 12:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Absolutely I'll share!!

You will need:
2 gallons of apple cider
1 cup of brown sugar
1 bottle (750ml) alcohol
lots of cinnamon sticks

Put everything except the alcohol in a big pot and bring it to a slow boil - being sure to keep stirring. Once the sugar has dissolved, let it cool completely. Add the alcohol. Put a few cinnamon sticks in some empty bottles, then pour in your concoction and store it for awhile. The longer it sits, the smoother it gets.

You can alter it to your taste, so if you want it sweeter, add more sugar. More or less cinnamon-y tasting, add or remove some sticks.

Apple cider is heavier than apple juice, so if you like the consistency of the juice better, use that instead.

I use Everclear (which is 190 proof BUT remember, you're making a little more than 2 gallons from that one bottle, so its not as strong as it sounds), but you can sub vodka as well.

I usually store it for about 2 months, then put it in the freezer a couple of days before I'm going to serve it.

I serve it in cordial glasses because more than that at one time could be a little much

Cheers!!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Absolutely I'll share!!

You will need:
2 gallons of apple cider
1 cup of brown sugar
1 bottle (750ml) alcohol
lots of cinnamon sticks

Cheers!!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

I now have diet coke on my monitor.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Kim222

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think we need a good sangria recipe too.

It is still summer and we have a few more nice days so want to take advantage of that.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

I don't who is making me laugh more...Linda or Kim.

But really, you both should have started new threads.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure....

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• corrie fan Said:
I think we need a good sangria recipe too.

It is still summer and we have a few more nice days so want to take advantage of that.

Not sure I have a "good" one, but I threw one together this summer that tasted pretty good.

I put a bottle of sweet red wine, a pound of fruit salad, a can of either sprite or ginger ale - I forget which - and a splash of oj into a big pitcher and stirred it all up.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

New threads are overrated

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • pugs223 Said:

New threads are overrated

Depends on if the topic has already been discussed or not.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Nah - it's a horse Peg - see the saddle.

But the other one was distrubing - one was biting the head and making it bleed - the other was biting it and then whiping it.

I have been forever working on a layout and it is most possibly my masterpiece. I think I like it better than anything else I have ever done but boy, was it a lot of work! But I love the results.

Linda - it is a scraplift from one of yours that I always through was so awesome that I made a sketch of it. I took off on my own colors and embellies and actual arrangement but you can tell it is a scraplift. I can't wait to hear your opinion - just don't tell me I did a sucky job. I got WAY outside my normal comfort zone on it.

I post chronologically so will probably be about 2 weeks or if you want to pm email address I'll try to take a picture today (if the weather clears up) and send it to you.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

I will have to copy and paste that recipe to a new thread.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

Henri - I know, I was on smartphone and couldn't see it. It just looked like a saddle to me, couldn't tell it was an upside down horse. Betty is going to get her eyes checked.

Off to pm you. I love your LOs so I'm interested to see how you are going out of your comfort zone.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

or three

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
I will have to copy and paste that recipe to a new thread.

or three again

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Id love to see that layout, too, Henri!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-12-12 12:53 PM
In response to Manda_K

You're supposed to READ instructions? Well that might explain a thing or two.

Sangria - noting that I do NOT like sweet drinks
2 oranges
2 lemons
2 limes
I use the food processor slicing blade to get lots of nice thin slices.

Throw 'em in a pitcher with a cup of brandy. If you must have sugar add some now but I never do, I prefer it to be acidic and refreshing. Mash it all up just a little bit with a spoon and stick it in the fridge for an hour or so.

Add a bottle of cheap red wine. If you've got a TJ's Charles Shaw Merlot actually works very well. Yes, you can use a friendly little jammy pinot noir if you must. A cheap chianti would be fab. Stir it all up and back in the fridge for an hour.

You can add juice or club soda if you want to, I don't. Pour over a little ice and enjoy.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Castle Scrapper Said:

I cannot be the only one with this view....

If the question, for example, is STILL showing in the first or second page of the forums, WHY does anyone need to ask it again (and again, and again....)????

Just revive the most current thread on the subject, and add to it.

It's kind of ridiculous to look in a forum section, and 2/3 of the questions are all the SAME topic.

{and, yes, in the grand scheme of things, this should NOT annoy me. To me, it's like opening a package of something with GIGANTIC instructions, and calling the manufacturer FIRST before reading the instructions.}

I got distracted by all of this fun beverage talk again, and the little people, and that poor poor horse.

For the record, I 100% agree with you Linda.

I know I don't have to answer the 5th thread about best adhesive but I can still be annoyed because that topic is hogging the frong page and I want to see other fun topics.

BTW, in case you're wondering, the ATG is the best adhesive there is. The Zig or Tombow pens are great for small pieces. The Xyron X is annoying to use and whatever adhesive one of the girls in my card club uses is the absolute WORST.

If you don't agree with me, you're obviously wrong.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Bravo! The last 3 posts have hit the nail directly on the head. If you don't to "waste your time" reading a post, just don't read it. But don't begrudge someone else from asking a question. You just might be surprised sometime to discover a response from someone that you hadn't thought of! (Some of you have wasted a lot more time putting people down on this post than you would have if you'd simply skipped it in the first place and let the rest of us read.)

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

Oh yeah!! I forgot all about the original subject of this thread

Here's my opinion -
I honestly don't care if its been asked once or 101 times. I may or may not answer, but it doesn't bother me either way.

OK now-how about another hi-jack?!

Who has a good easy cheesecake recipe?!?!?!?!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Kim222

There is this Jello Cheesecake, comes in a box. The recipe is on the box.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Bravo! The last 3 posts have hit the nail directly on the head. If you don't to "waste your time" reading a post, just don't read it. But don't begrudge someone else from asking a question. You just might be surprised sometime to discover a response from someone that you hadn't thought of! (Some of you have wasted a lot more time putting people down on this post than you would have if you'd simply skipped it in the first place and let the rest of us read.)

I think we were just having a few laughs rather than putting people down. Thats really not my style.

Edited by Kim222 on 09-12-12 01:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

I've seen that....the no bake one, right?
Are they good, though?!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Anybody want the apple pie recipe again?

Peg I remember "Pass Out" very well - I used to have that game. ANd the pink elephant cards.

Did you play "Hi Bob"? Another fun drinking game. It was popular in colleges in the 80's. All you needed was a tv showing a rerun of the Bob Newhart show or a tape/DVD of the old Bob Newhart shows. Whenever anyone says, "Hi Bob', which every character does repeatedly in the show, you take a drink.

It's only a 30 minute show but you won't make it to the end.

Peg will take a picture of the layout and email it to you. Please don't tell me it is sucky. It looks a little like Lindas. I'll go take a picture now.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-12-12 01:12 PM
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

Are they good, though?!

I don't think it's possible to make BAD cheesecake.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to stick

Henri - I've heard of "Hi Bob" but never played it. My friends and I tried to do a 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes once. I think we made it to about 60 and then lost track of time and gave up and just laughed a lot.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

• stick Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

Are they good, though?!

Here's hoping!!

I'm gonna start a new thread

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • stick Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

Are they good, though?!

Here's hoping!!

If the thread is about cheesecake, you better put that in the "non scrapbook related" section or you might cause a stir. Kind of like if a digital LO is posted in the general LO section.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Okay - got several requests so I'm posting here: Linda - hope it meets with your approval!

My new Daughter-in-Law By Henri Jean

There are bling flourishes on each side of the picture in blue rhinestones and blue pearls. They do not show up on this picture but on the layout they really pop - They blend just enough but still, they add a lot. But it just didn't come through on the photo.

This is way out of my comfort zone - I mostly do "blocked" layouts for travel.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

I think we were just having a few laughs rather than putting people down. Thats really not my style.

I agree. I am not putting the person down AT ALL. I am also having a few laughs and discussing the ideas and topics, not laughing at or dissing the person.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Henri - that is GORGEOUS! You did wonderfully.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to pugs223

Gorgeous Henri!

And I discovered there IS a sarcasm indicator character. It goes like ^this^. Of course, it would work a lot better if everyone knew about it.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to RedSquirrel UK

sangria recipe ... this is Bobby Flay's white peach version ...posted before, but I don't mind posting the link again

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/wh ite-pea...

if you want to save time, you can sub a small can of peach nectar for the peach puree

yummy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to madmatter

I love anything peach flavor!

Judy started a recipe section but it is under the scrap chat section and I never remember to go there. I'll find her on the boards and see if she will post it to another place - like non-scrapbooking. We need a recipe section. WE had so much fun posting recipes one night.

Peg - thank you for your comments on my layouts. You too Rosey. I'm proud of it because it is way way way outside my comfort zone.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Love it Henri!! Great job!!

I haven't seen ANYONE put anyone down on this thread. It is a discussion and some joking, that's it.

I always thought ^this^ was like kitty ears. ^-^

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

Are they good, though?!

Not bad. Not the BEST. I do like them with cherry pie filling on top. Super easy!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:

Although if we all skipped it, there wouldn't BE anything to read!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• Henri Jean Said:
Okay - got several requests so I'm posting here: Linda - hope it meets with your approval!

My new Daughter-in-Law By Henri Jean

There are bling flourishes on each side of the picture in blue rhinestones and blue pearls. They do not show up on this picture but on the layout they really pop - They blend just enough but still, they add a lot. But it just didn't come through on the photo.

This is way out of my comfort zone - I mostly do "blocked" layouts for travel.

It's beautiful! Great job.

But... I can't take ANY credit. I lifted mine from Kaye222 (her layout titled "faith"). I couldn't find it quickly to point to.

So, very nice lift of a lift!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

There IS such a thing as BAD cheesecake!!!

That is my opinion, and if you disagree... you are WRONG!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

• Henri Jean Said:
I love anything peach flavor!

Judy started a recipe section but it is under the scrap chat section and I never remember to go there. I'll find her on the boards and see if she will post it to another place - like non-scrapbooking. We need a recipe section. WE had so much fun posting recipes one night.
Peg - thank you for your comments on my layouts. You too Rosey. I'm proud of it because it is way way way outside my comfort zone.

Gelidy Gelato started a new recipe post http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15799... about the same time I started mine http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800... and I called it Recipe Corner. I put mine under Scrap Chat on the Gen. forum because I can't keep up with all of the Sbing forums and never even think to go to the other ones. When I read the posts under Scrap Chat they didn't have much about scrapping...as if this current thread does either

I don't care if it's moved or deleted...I just don't know how. Anything with recipes (especially chocolate!) is good, no matter where it is, but for me...I just don't think to go to other forums. If someone knows how to move/delete it, let me know~ I've got to work on my snapfish order now, but I'll check back later~

And Henri...your LO is gorgeous. You definitely need to get out of your comfort zone more often...but I know it's very time consuming and when you have a zillion pictures... ~Judy

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mrsdriver5

Totally off topic....

Henri Jean. This is the layout (by Kaye222) that inspired mine that you lifted (does that make any sense?)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

I agree. I am not putting the person down AT ALL. I am also having a few laughs and discussing the ideas and topics, not laughing at or dissing the person.

I. don't. know. about. that.
You dissed me a few times.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

That is the one that inspired me! I just wish the flourishes and bling had shown up - they really jazzed it up. It looks kind of plain with those spaces empty.

Glad you approve of it and thank you everyone else for kind words.

Maybe the recipe corner would be fine where it is Judy if people would go over there. Let's try it at mention that it is there. I don't know where Gelidy's recipe thing is anymore but will look for it to see if anything else has been added there.

I put a cheesecake recipe up but will also put it on the Recipe corner to keep that thread alive.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I put the link to the other thread also...have to scroll through some extra stuff, but then there are recipes. I just haven't been to it since the first day since I don't have time to go to other forums...but I haven't been to the one I started either because I didn't think anyone was using it :>) I'll check it out...if I ever get my snapfish pics ready for ordering. Just need to get away from it from time to time :>) ~Judy

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

I have a really easy, but very yummy cheesecake recipe, where do you want me to post it??

Henri- love the LO!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

[quote=pugs223][quote=Kim 222][quote=stick][quote=K im222][quote=Manda_K]Ther e is this Jello Cheesecake, comes in a box. The recipe is on the box.

[/quote]

Are they good, though?!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Here's hoping!!

[/quote]

If the thread is about cheesecake, you better put that in the "non scrapbook related" section or you might cause a stir. Kind of like if a digital LO is posted in the general LO section.
[/quote]

What happens if I post a digital recipe in the card section?!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to crazycricut

• crazycricut Said:
I have a really easy, but very yummy cheesecake recipe, where do you want me to post it??

Henri- love the LO!

Here-there-everywhere!! Make a new thread even!!
Like Nike used to say "Just do it!"

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Did someone say cheesecake. Back in St. Olaf.....

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

I. don't. know. about. that.
You dissed me a few times.

Prove it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

If no one gets mad because it's not "scrappy", then go ahead in the Scrap Chat at the top of the General forum...Recipe Corner. It's an easy place to get to if we all know it's there :>)
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800...

There are a couple of recipes there, but I bet we can get a bunch of good ones~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Did someone say cheesecake. Back in St. Olaf.....

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

Don't MAKE me get the mop out....

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • Kim222 Said:

Don't MAKE me get the mop out....

ok ok I'll put it in the scrap room section instead

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Kim222

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

This thread just keeps going

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

The good ones do Peg. And the best ones get hi-jacked and change direction a lot. That is why that last so long. They turn into fun threads.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

I posted my cheesecake recipe in the scrap chat Recipe Corner if anyone wants it!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Six pack just for you

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

This thread just keeps going

...like Betty White....
...and the Eveready Bunny.....
...and Timex watches....

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• crazycricut Said:
I posted my cheesecake recipe in the scrap chat Recipe Corner if anyone wants it!

On my way to check it out!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

Me too...I hope a taste sample was left...and that nobody ate it before I can get there!~Judy

bears99
Diva
bears99

couple of things.....I consider myself fairly new here because I am a "lurker" like someone said...I believe it was Henri Jean. She also said that many "new" people post a question just to have an "in" into the thread...I did that one time when I was really brand new. Only got one answer or maybe two...anyway...not many...so I haven't ever posted another question. No one's fault but my own and not blaming anyone...just encouraging you who are such good scrappers to continue answering questions to the new people! You are all a great bunch...and some of you I absolutely LOVE reading your posts and threads...like this one. I am pretty good at reading the "voice" in a post (can you tell I'm a teacher/administrator yet?) and I hear the sarcasm often...and just smile!

other thing.....Peg...I really like my xyron X..the little one. I just got it this past Christmas and have used it often to put little letters on my layouts! just saying.... lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bears99

I agree that it's hard to make that first post. I was so afraid the first time or two. I knew I'd say something stupid or something that was a no-no or just sound dumb. There are a few who are quick to take things wrong...and some who just have a bad day/week/...life. People are here from all over the world and all different backgrounds, all ages, genders (well, there aren't a lot of options there) and walks of life so it can get interesting at times But those differences are also what makes it fun and the way we can get different perspectives and ideas.

I always try to remember those first few posts I made and know that's how other newbies feel. The problem I'm having right now is knowing which newbie is for real. There have been several who turned out to be spammers and I don't want to encourage them! If anyone has sent me a friend request and you have 1 or 2 posts, I'll be more than happy to be friends after you've made some posts or comments or something to show you're "real". I hate being like this, but there have been some strange people around lately (and I'm not talking about the thread that recently got mopped since that was at least a real person).

Anyway, welcome and I hope you take part in our zaniness ~Judy

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Heh.

Try making the first post to HELP someone.

First, make sure you're right....

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Oh...and I love my little X also. It's purple and doesn't take much space, although it does have a big appetite for tape I use it all the time (which may explain its appetite), but I also keep my adhesive eraser handy to erase around the edges when I'm done. I use a stylus to go around the edges to cut the "strings", but if there is adhesive involved...I'm good at making a mess~Judy

(My daughter's X is pink. Does anyone have any other colors? Once they made purple, why would they make another color )

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I have an orange one and a green mini x.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

When I first started out I couldn't help anyone, let alone being right! I'm not sure I can yet... ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to moxiegirl23

Is the orange a grown-up X or a mini? The minis can't have their tape replaced, right? I know...I could look it up...Judy

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

the orange is a grown up and the minis can have their tape replaced. At least I'm assuming they can since the LSS had mini refills for sale next to the minis.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

sorry, i lied. it's blue and it looks like it's not replaceable! off to search

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

from the scrapbook.com product description and the results of my own tugging the parts of it...

The Xyron Mini Sticker Maker tool effortlessly turns flat items up to 1" wide into stickers using their non toxic, acid free permanent adhesive. The Xyron Mini Sticker Maker comes loaded with 10 feet of permanent adhesive. Designed to be disposable, there are no refills being produced for this tool.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Welcome Josie! So glad you gave us another chance!

I love my little Xyron - I think mine is pink - will dig it out later and look but I'm 99% sure its pink and I've refilled it. Didn't know there was a disposable one but that sounds like it could get expensive if you use it much.

I love the Slice with my Slice and use it for lots of small flat paper embellies.

I have the 5" creative station xyron too and its great. I use it for journaling that I do on velum. The xyron sticks better for velum adhesive without showing through.

I like my little "X" for ribbon too, although I rarely use ribbon, it's great when I do.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Ditto what Henri said. I also have the 2½ inch one, whatever model it is, and I hardly ever use it. It wasn't big enough for fancy flourishes, which is why I asked hubby for a 5" creative station for my birthday, but the 2½ was too big for most other things. Plus I have the creatopia which adheres, embosses, cuts, laminates up to 12", but I'm usually too lazy to get it out and use my cuttlebug instead.~Judy

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• mrsdriver5 Said:

(My daughter's X is pink. Does anyone have any other colors? Once they made purple, why would they make another color )

I have an orange one and zebra-striped.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Bxr-Linda

Wow! Did you make the zebra-striped one yourself? I like purple, but a zebra one would be pretty awesome~Judy

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Wow! Did you make the zebra-striped one yourself? I like purple, but a zebra one would be pretty awesome~Judy

Nope. Bought it that way.

I did NOT need another one. Orange one works great. But, my scraproom has zebra-striped accents and I couldn't pass it up.

I think it was a Xyron limited edition thing... animal prints.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Don't know if they're still available.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Bxr-Linda

Lucky you!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Bxr-Linda

Uncle!! OK, I misunderstood some of the comments and posted out of turn. Think I'll go have a piece of cheesecake...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

Please cut me a Slice too Darla!

I love the animal pattern Xyrons!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
couple of things.....I consider myself fairly new here because I am a "lurker" like someone said...I believe it was Henri Jean. She also said that many "new" people post a question just to have an "in" into the thread...I did that one time when I was really brand new. Only got one answer or maybe two...anyway...not many...so I haven't ever posted another question. No one's fault but my own and not blaming anyone...just encouraging you who are such good scrappers to continue answering questions to the new people! You are all a great bunch...and some of you I absolutely LOVE reading your posts and threads...like this one. I am pretty good at reading the "voice" in a post (can you tell I'm a teacher/administrator yet?) and I hear the sarcasm often...and just smile!

other thing.....Peg...I really like my xyron X..the little one. I just got it this past Christmas and have used it often to put little letters on my layouts! just saying.... lol

Welcome back to the "live" side!

Aaaaaaaand just for the record, I have a purple X and a purple 250.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Heh.

Try making the first post to HELP someone.

First, make sure you're right....

Do we have to do both at the same time?!

Must've missed that in the rules when I signed up

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Don't know if they're still available.

Pretty cool! Judy - are you imagining a purple zebra stripe?!?!?!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Uncle!! OK, I misunderstood some of the comments and posted out of turn. Think I'll go have a piece of cheesecake...

No harm no foul

and can we interest you in the cheesecake here ?!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800...

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Kim222

I'm sorry...I should have been more clear. I've not been gone completely...I belong to one of the group threads...the Rockin Scrappin Grans...the that's been the only place I have posted. As you can see from my post count..I'm NOT a quiet person generally! lol Just haven't posted in the general forum. Couldn't resist you guys...you just made me smile and I had to let you know.

oh, and to give Peg a hard time about the little xyron X. Mine is purple!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bears99

I was wondering how you made so many posts today I never think about all the other forums. I can't keep up with the few I check into.

I loved my little purple X until I saw the zebra one. I'm so jealous...however, I'm an elephant lover and all I can figure for an ellie X would be to paint it gray. I guess I'll keep my purple one ...although those zebra ones are sure cute. Yeah, a purple zebra X would be the next best thing to a purple elephant ~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Ahhh...so welcome to the rest of the 'hood

Oh-and HSN has the X's on right now!

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics