Page 5 of 5 
Username Post: Discouraged.        (Topic#1580207)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Oh...and I love my little X also. It's purple and doesn't take much space, although it does have a big appetite for tape I use it all the time (which may explain its appetite), but I also keep my adhesive eraser handy to erase around the edges when I'm done. I use a stylus to go around the edges to cut the "strings", but if there is adhesive involved...I'm good at making a mess~Judy

(My daughter's X is pink. Does anyone have any other colors? Once they made purple, why would they make another color )

We have a post that is very helpful. In fact, you have accomplished two things with this post.

1) Letting others know about the adhesive eraser and the stylus to get rid of the strings and extra adhesive

and

2) Listed the reasons I don't like it - extra adhesive around the things you are making sticky. Too many steps to just get something to stick.

But hey, that's me and what doesn't work for me. Doesn't mean any of you that like the X are right though

Mine is some kind of animal print, don't remember which one. I don't think it's the zebra print. I bought it 3 years ago, still has the orginal roll of adhesive.

I bought the xyron 500 about 5 years ago, made a few stickers and haven't used it since. It's even purple, I should at least use it as decor since I love purple.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:

oh, and to give Peg a hard time about the little xyron X. Mine is purple!

I'm glad I aided in getting you to come play. You can give me the hardest time you want, it won't make me like that thing.

I do like yours, but only because it's purple and it would look good on my shelf - as a decoration only.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

Betty, I mean Peg!

I don't often see you up at this time.

I have a pink X. Don't use it much - find the adhesive is all over the place on skinny letters. Instead I painstakingly add tiny dots of glue to each letter. SOOOOOO slow.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to corrie fan

...but the eraser is so fast :>) I just did a couple of LOs with 1/8" ribbon going across both pages and my PURPLE X worked wonderfully for that. I also like it for those itty bitty things that I seem to like making.

But a line of purple Xs going across a shelf would be a nice decorating trend~Judy

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I have the pink limited edition cancer research mini X and I hardly ever use it for the same reasons: gunk all round the edges of the shapes, wasted adhesive and I'm worried I may not be able to get refills.

I do use it for Thickers though, because you can pack a load of them on the tape and not waste much, and because the thicker chipboard means you don't have to be so particular about getting rid of the extra goo.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have never used or had a Xyron. I never saw the need personally.

I don't use tape runners at all.

Call me weird, but I cannot stand them!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
Betty, I mean Peg!

I don't often see you up at this time.

I have a pink X. Don't use it much - find the adhesive is all over the place on skinny letters. Instead I painstakingly add tiny dots of glue to each letter. SOOOOOO slow.

That's because Betty posts much more between the hours of 8am and 5pm for some reason, but stays up until at least 11pm CST.

I like your way of thinking on the "x"...ANOTHER one for the good team

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

You're weird. Hey, you told me to call you that.

So what do you use?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Red alert! Red alert! Houston, we have a problem!

I just saw a card in the LAYOUT gallery!!!!

(This really doesn't bother me, and I actually think it'd make a great LO too)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

You're weird. Hey, you told me to call you that.

So what do you use?

I use pop dots, glue dots, glossy accents....etc.

I gave up runners long ago, I prefer liquid glue.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Red alert! Red alert! Houston, we have a problem!

I just saw a card in the LAYOUT gallery!!!!

(This really doesn't bother me, and I actually think it'd make a great LO too)

Ya know when we get grumpy about digi's being in the regular lo area instead of the digi lo area. And everybody says it's just a few and no big deal and all, lately i've noticed that some pages there's more digis than traditionals and some pages no traditionals at all for all the digi's. So I got to looking at some of the people posting them and think about it 20 people or more that have posted anywhere from 300-1000 digi's each not in the digi category. Everybody thinks it's just one or two here and there but it's quite alot.

It starting to not bother me anymore, Yay! I know they can and will post them where ever and lately it seems that I have more digi's in my favs than traditional lo's and have found so much inspiration from them. Some very talented people here, digi and traditional.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Cindyckj

Just thought I would drop a note in here....You gals are cracking me up...I haven't "lurked" in this post in about a week or so and decided to check in and see what's going on.....so far i have seen new recipes, new adult beverage recipes and new ideas...keep it up!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pamela.tx

Hey Pamela - good to see you.

I also hate the spider webs of glue on the little letters from the xyron but I have the xyron eraser and that pretty much takes care of them.

Sometimes I seem to use my xyron a little, then it gets put away for months at a time and then I pull it out again and use it alot. Now I just keep it in my crop wagon to take to crops.

I usually my 5" creative station more than my "x" these days. ALso, with the creative station I use it mostly for velum journaling and there are not crevices in a square or rectangular page so I don't have trouble with the spider-webbing of glue.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Henri Jean

Popping in to say that there might be celebratory cake in my future!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to moxiegirl23

Can't wait to hear your news!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

If you're inclined to bake your own, you may want to stop by here :

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800...

Personally, though, I think if you're the one celebrating, someone else needs to provide the cake.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-14-12 08:06 AM

Yay, cake!!

I just run a brayer over the tape from the X before I remove the top layer. Super fast and I almost never have excess adhesive issues. I don't run anything thicker than cardstock through it because that IS an annoying adhesive mess.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

I admit, I never saw the need either, until I got one (as a gift).

It is pretty handy.

Yes, it can get stringy adhesive.
I use my rub on tool to go over the entire design and around the outside, before pulling off the clear plastic.

Anyone notice a difference in the Xyron adhesive? Seems like the newer adhesive is not as good? I used to use the little X for ribbon, but lately it seems like it won't stick and comes out all patchy.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'm with Henri...nothing like the Xyron for adhering vellum...and I love it for the real thin ribbon.

My tape has been in the X for quite a while and it seems that with age it's getting gooier. I'm anxious for it to run out so I can put a new roll in and see if it's just my imagination. It's been a hot summer and we don't have AC, so I'm wondering if it's broken down some between age and heat. I know I have~Judy

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

Hi Henri!

My Tombow adhesive is giving me issues. Kinda weird because that is all I have ever used. I just bought some Tombow refills thru here about a month or so ago and have noticed some of my cards I made are coming apart.....hmmmmmm I may have to switch and buy an ATG...I hate to do that though.....maybe I just had a bad batch or something....kinda mind boggling

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pamela.tx

I only tried Tombow once but I was a brand newbie and had been using repositionable. The Tombow was serious business! But everything I did with it stuck but after that one roll I went back to repositionable squares until I got comfortable with gluing things down. Then went to ATG.

ATG is just the most comfortable thing in my hand and the best value in tape. However, the first time using an ATG it can feel pretty awkward. Now its just natural.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

No cake yet, but cake day IS getting closer. My second client meeting as an Aflac agent went extremely well and I'm hoping to be writing policies within the next couple of weeks. Hoping this career change will result in me wanting to scrap again as well as having time to.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• Henri Jean Said:

ATG is just the most comfortable thing in my hand and the best value in tape. However, the first time using an ATG it can feel pretty awkward. Now its just natural.

I agree 100%. My scrappy friends IRL are still scared of my ATG. No one is interested in even trying it.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to pugs223

Love LOVE my ATG. Seriously don't know what I did without it.

Even my kids ask to use it when they're working on a project. "Mom, can I use your pink gun?"

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to kelseymel

I think I may need to break down and get one

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to pamela.tx

ATG is too big for me. Plus it's hard to sell CM adhesive at crops when I'm using a non CM adhesive.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

If you're inclined to bake your own, you may want to stop by here :

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800...

Personally, though, I think if you're the one celebrating, someone else needs to provide the cake.

Can we make it CHEESECAKE! All the talk about cheesecake has made me really want some!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to crazycricut

I have a box of no-bake cheesecake in my kitchen. Too lazy to make the real stuff.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scraprabbit

I was afraid of my ATG for a long time after I got it, and would use my Glue Glider Pro for everything

now I mostly use my ATG and keep the GGP as a back-up

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to madmatter

Well, I have broken down and bought the ATG. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Page 5 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics