Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: September Budget Challenge        (Topic#1580225)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the September BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of September that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Note: I have already listed the players from last month - but please feel free to join in at any time!

Vivian
Budget:
Wish:
Twist:

Pat
Budget: Not a single dime - what about multiple dimes or even dollars?
Wish List:
Twist:

Tammy
Budget: $150-$24=126-75=$51
WISH: Stuff for Thanksgiving cards, Nikki Sivills It's Raining It's Pouring,
TWIST:

Courtney
Budget $200-$139=$61
Wishlist: Carta Bella All Hallows Eve, October Afternoon Woodland Park, Simple Stories Harvest Lane and handmade holiday, Websters Once UPon a Halloween and Park Drive, Prima: Shabby Chic iron gate, crystal flower centers, wooden typewriters, mini swirls (in every color), white prima edging chalk, wooden envelopes, Romance novel flowers, Cherise Taos flowers, white flowers with bling centers, websters pages stickers, fab scraps chpboard, fab scraps tags, all hallows eve chippies....
Twist: no more embellies!

Sonja
Budget: $80
Wishlist: D-ring albums, hanging flip-frame from M's, 12x12 frame, Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Bella Blvd 'Birthday Boy', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Fancy Pants 'Little Sport', Faber-Castel watercolor pencils, Sew Easy 'Stars' and 'loops' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, MME 'Sunshine',
Twist: Absolutely NO more baby papers!!! No other paper (except SOD order)!! No Cricut Carts! And NOOO flowers! YEAH RIGHT!!!

Alissa
BUDGET: $50
WISH: album, CH dividers, trimmer blades, CW brick template
TWIST: rub ons, flowers, brads

Tina
Budget $50+Scrapfest
Wish Impulse items
Twist nothing full price, unless from from our everything for a $1 store

Katie
Budget:$250-12=$238-$8=$2 30
Wish: Smash Book
Twist:

Kelly
Budget: $150-$35=$115-$7=$108
Wish: SU Everything Eleanor, SU Fine Feathers, SU Language of Friendship, SU Open Sea, SU Bird Punch, SU Boho Blossoms, Kaisercraft Timeless Die Cuts-Icons, Kaisercraft Sears & Son PP, White Signo pen, Prima Resin Fairies, Prima Typo Bulbs, TH Odds & Ends Stamp set
Twist: flowers, leaves, bling,ribbon, embellishments other than what is listed above Oh I missed the leaves being here - really 2 months in a row hmmm I am impressed

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 09-11-12 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Scrapfest is in September and I give myself an unlimited budget there. I spend birthday money and $ from my vacation budget...so I need to think about my impulse buying budget for the rest of the month.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

I be in this month, he he he. Scrapfest here I come!

Tina, I got myself $25 gift cards for each day I was at Scrapfest last year in an attempt to keep my spending in control. I *think* it worked. At least I whipped out the gift cards instead of the credit card and was aware of my dwindling $.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

$25 wouldn't get me through the first booth at Expo, Katie... you must have the control of a shaman!

I want Tina's Scrapfest budget! Alas, mine is dropping significantly this month... I am including my $30 SOD gift card, but not sure if I'll use it. Depends on what goodies Mel adds this month when she comes back from vacation...

Budget: $80
Wishlist: D-ring albums, hanging flip-frame from M's, 12x12 frame, Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Bella Blvd 'Birthday Boy', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Fancy Pants 'Little Sport', Faber-Castel watercolor pencils, Sew Easy 'Stars' and 'loops' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, MME 'Sunshine',
Twist: Absolutely NO more baby papers!!! No other paper (except SOD order)!! No Cricut Carts! And NOOO flowers!

Edited by SonjaC on 08-30-12 05:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I'm going to Italy next month.

I'm not spending a single dime, I swear to G-d!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Katie I have my birthday money stashed and a rebate card from my cellular company that can be used like cash, but there is no way $25 a day would get me by. I don't live near a A's tho and go crazy when I hit one. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hot Spot too. That is where I do the most damage. My husband spends W A Y more to fish in Canada than I do at Scrapfest so we have an understanding-LOL

Italy how exciting Pat!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

yes Italy sounds very exciting - I can't believe it is almost here!

Tina love just let me know what you want your impulse budget to be

Okay so just so you guys know I often leave little love notes in the first post for you all (wasn't sure if you ever realized that or not)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Im here this month Need to sit and think on a budget!! LOL and more on my wish list...heading to Kelly's on Saturday so I am sure to start the month off with a bang!! lol

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to newtoscrapping2011

No. Not a dime.

I'm playing Sonja's Hoarders challenge this month. That should keep my budget in the clear!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

if you managed that this month - the month after you get back from Italy I will personally give you freebie spending for everything for your Italy layouts!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

OK! You are ON!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Pat, I'm jealous. I know I spent a month of vacation in the Med. this year, but I'd go back in a minute.

I'm in again for this month. Need to think about my budget. I just placed an order at SB.com yesterday, and it arrived today! Talk about a speedy shipment. Hopefully there are enough goodies in the box to keep my budget low. I'm going on vacation mid October, so need to save my pennies.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

BUDGET: $50
WISH: album, CH dividers, trimmer blades, CW brick template
TWIST: rub ons, flowers, brads

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

Budget $50+Scrapfest
Wish Impulse items
Twist nothing full price, unless from from our everything for a $1 store

Alissa you are so disciplined counting blades.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

They're getting more expensive!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to runzalot81

So my previous post didn't post, so I'm taking a 2nd stab at it.

Tina- The $25 worked well last year, but I had 3 A's near by me. I think I'm going to have to increase that this year. All the classes I wanted to take are full, so it wasn't meant to be. I don't remember if I posted that already or not.

I didn't get to shop yesterday, so I'm going to carry the $47 from last month into September and come up with a new wish list.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

It's a bummer you couldn't get into the classes you wanted. Many filled up the first hour tho.
What was your first choice??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Pat, I'm jealous. I know I spent a month of vacation in the Med. this year, but I'd go back in a minute.

I'm in again for this month. Need to think about my budget. I just placed an order at SB.com yesterday, and it arrived today! Talk about a speedy shipment. Hopefully there are enough goodies in the box to keep my budget low. I'm going on vacation mid October, so need to save my pennies.

Well my dear the same offer to you - if you go a month with no spending before your vacation, when you get back you can have a free month for vacation related scrappy spending (and for anyone else).

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

HMMM ok that means i can't spend in october LOL...dont see that happening

SO, I went to see Kelly and well threw money up all over her studio LMAO!!

Budget $200
Wishlist: Carta Bella All Hallows Eve, October Afternoon Woodland Park, Simple Stories Harvest Lane and handmade holiday, Websters Once UPon a Halloween and Park Drive, Prima: Shabby Chic iron gate, crystal flower centers, wooden typewriters, mini swirls (in every color), white prima edging chalk, wooden envelopes, Romance novel flowers, Cherise Taos flowers, white flowers with bling centers, websters pages stickers, fab scraps chpboard, fab scraps tags, all hallows eve chippies....
Twist: no more embellies!

By the way..you can cross of my entire wish list cuz thats what I bought yesterday LOL and take off $139 of my budget..OUCH!! I am going to try and be good, but there are some new collections coming in :/

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I went to M's yesterday and spent $12, on $8 photo boxes and the last $4 was on feathers and some other stuff. The bags are in the car. I was really tempted by the French General paper collection, but I realized how much paper I had and didn't need more. The pps were $1.50 and the embellies were $2-5.

There's a 50% coupon at M's and I really want a SMASH book. Now, to convince DH. I'm also thinking about making a run to A's. So much to do before we head back home! I'll be back in less than 2 weeks for Scrapfest though.

I'm thinking that my budget this month will be $250, just to be on the safe side.

Tina, I wanted to take the A's classes, and 2 or 3 other classes, but I don't remember what they were. I still have my projects from last year's classes that aren't finished, so it's okay that I didn't get it to any this year.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kdinsmore

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Dear Tammy, this is me you are talking about. I'd never last a month. I'm already thinking about my next acquisitions.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $150

Wish: SU Everything Eleanor, SU Fine Feathers, SU Language of Friendship, SU Open Sea, SU Bird Punch, SU Boho Blossoms, Kaisercraft Timeless Die Cuts-Icons, Kaisercraft Sears & Son PP, White Signo pen, Prima Resin Fairies, Prima Typo Bulbs, TH Odds & Ends Stamp set

Twist: flowers, leaves, bling,ribbon, embellishments other than what is listed above

I'm gonna need a much bigger budget...

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

Since I'm going to be at Scrapfest and have no idea what I'm going to find, how do I make up my wish/twist lists?

Here's what I got today!

M's: Pink SMASH book and 4 $1 bin stamps (everything was on sale). I didn't need the stamps, but they were on sale and were non-girly.
Total : $9.50

A's: G45 and Cosmo Cricket Papers and TH/Ranger summer 3 pack in (Papers were impulse/splurge. Ink is off my wish list and was the last one!)
Total : $22

Both prices include tax. Do we need to include tax in our reporting? I went to A's to get masculine stamps, but didn't have much luck. I could use more TH/Ranger inks and know Scrapfest is coming up and I can probably find some awesome stamps there.

I'm hoping to hit another M's later today, but we'll see!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Dear Tammy, this is me you are talking about. I'd never last a month. I'm already thinking about my next acquisitions.

I know honey...hugs

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Since I'm going to be at Scrapfest and have no idea what I'm going to find, how do I make up my wish/twist lists?

Here's what I got today!

M's: Pink SMASH book and 4 $1 bin stamps (everything was on sale). I didn't need the stamps, but they were on sale and were non-girly.
Total : $9.50

A's: G45 and Cosmo Cricket Papers and TH/Ranger summer 3 pack in (Papers were impulse/splurge. Ink is off my wish list and was the last one!)
Total : $22

Both prices include tax. Do we need to include tax in our reporting? I went to A's to get masculine stamps, but didn't have much luck. I could use more TH/Ranger inks and know Scrapfest is coming up and I can probably find some awesome stamps there.

I'm hoping to hit another M's later today, but we'll see!

Up to you if you include tax - but then please just give me the non tax totals

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly, I ordered the sears & son paper last month from here...im waiting for my order to come in...think it will be here tuesday.... YIPPEEEEE

I am proud to say that I did some major scrapping so far this weekend...spent a few hours with kelly yesterday and today i put all my goodies away and scrapped a layout!! I am going to take some pictures tomorrow!!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Tammy, I've been including the taxed totals. I hit another M's yesterday and got more stuff. Now, to organize the room and put the stuff away.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

i think I am heading back into my room and scrapping some more

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Oh, I found another receipt from M's!

Total: $7.50
$1 worth of $.10 stamps for when I start teaching community ed classes.
$2 for 2 stamp sets
$5 for 2 French General Collection Embellies (I caved, bad me!)

I started putting stuff away and organizing, but then got distracted by my box of cards to send to our soldiers. 3 tv shows later...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Tammy, I've been including the taxed totals. I hit another M's yesterday and got more stuff. Now, to organize the room and put the stuff away.

how much more stuff and what stuff? And whatever number you tell me is whatever number I use so if you want it changed, you will need to let me know what it should be.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oops never mind, I saw your subsequent post Katie! Good luck today on the new job.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

we went to a large creative show on the weekend. We only spent a little money and all of it was Ian and stuff for him lol so I was free and clear. But I did order some stuff from SU to make Thanksgiving cards to send home.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

HOpe you ladies had a great weekend. I did, got some scrapping done and went to NIght Ranger and Boston concert with DH and friends. I start back to work today and tests and doctors appointments on Wednesday... Have a great day!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

Went to the mall with DH yesterday.

Bought tickets to Obama 2016. Walked out before it was 30 minutes in.

It's NOT a documentary - it's a propaganda film. Documentaries are facts presented as facts in a sequential order. Propaganda is random facts, in not so random order, with just enough personal bias thrown in to make it obvious that it's not REALLY the facts that you want to talk about.

It was disgusting. And if the Democrats had pulled the same stunt, I'd be just as mad.

It's just amazing to me what that kind of millions of dollars from a super PAC will get you. Personally, I think super PACS and corporations as people are destroying this country. :-(

Sorry. I didn't mean to go political on everybody. I'm just still fuming this morning.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I applaud you Pat for walking out when you weren't happy with it. I really don't know what the answer is but politics in general is destroying a lot of countries (and the people who support them with their hard work - US!!)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I got so much scrapping done this weekend I can hardly stand it!! LOL..of course i also shopped on saturday SOOOO lol...at least i feel it was a bit justified...

Heading to j's tonight to get some stuff for our local community day...i still have $20 in gift cards for there so I may just have to pick something up for myself

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

everyone is so darn quiet??? Are you shopping?? LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Not shopping, just stalking. I want that Kaisercraft PP and those die cuts. I check the Superstore twice a day. I have the notification on, but I find they list items as available before I get the notification. wish that stuff would arrive already. It's making me neurotic.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Kamananui

I'm not shopping, stalking, or anything.

But Rachie's new Train layout has me looking for a United States FX source. :-(

But not until ... I have some train pictures. LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

train layout?? did you say trains?? i have a whole basement full of trains...please explain Pat LOL...

Kelly, I finally got my package of goodies that i bought here last month And there was some Kaisercraft in there!! I havent had a chance to love it yet. but i did hug it LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I second Courtney's request - re trains?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

GIVE US A LINK PAT!!! LMAO

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I love trains. I used to go to the SF train expo each year. Trains rock!

Courtney, I'm jealous. I want that Kaisercraft. It's like crack to me. SB.com, do you hear me? I need that paper and those die cuts. I need them I tell you!

I have a huge spider bite on the top of my upper lip. I look like I was in a boxing match. Some new paper would really make my day.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

oh noooo we were just talking about how bad the spiders have been this year..they are like mutants they are so big....

hope you feel better, but im not willing to give up my paper LOL sorry

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

*squeeee* Kelly, knowing a spider had been on my lip would give me the heebee geebees!! They are really bad this year here too! Thankfully ours are small, but theres so many of them and for some reason they all like Carlo's room! Nothing wakes you up more at 3am than a spider over your head when you can't move with a baby to your chest... *shudder*

I spent $1.50 yesterday at TJ Maxx. They had a huge basket of Thickers and, while I don't need any more of them, I did find a cool orange font that would be good for a Halloween page!

Well, ladies... the nanny deal fell through.... We're back to square one with two weeks till I go back to work!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh Sonja so sorry about the nanny deal - hugs.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:

Ok. Just a sec. Let me go find it......

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

Ok. Just a sec. Let me go find it......

Train Spotting

I want to be Rachie when I grow up. I totally LOVE her sense of design style! She is my most very favorite artist of all.

If she uses something - paper, chipboard, flowers, mist,mask -- doesn't matter. I gotta go get it for myself. Hence, the hunt for FX Scraps in America store. They don't ship to private individuals. :-(

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

OHHHH MY WORD!!! that is such an amazingly fabulous layout!!! Right into my favorites!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

pat, have you tried flying unicorn?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

WOW that is stunning, Pat!!! I agree, totally drool-worthy!

Thanks Tammy... it's frustrating and nerve-wracking! We've put feelers out elsewhere, but at this point I'm about to call my mom, offer to fly her down here and see how many months we can keep her...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Yes, I looked at Flying Unicorn, but they don't have the train stuff...yet.

I don't even think my scrapbook boss can get it through her supplier.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja sorry the nanny didn't work out.
Kelly a spider bite on my face would freak me out!!!

I had tests all day yesterday and my PET scan came back much better than the first, so the chemo worked and I will definitely be having radiation. Monday I have tests to get prepared for my new therapy and hope to start in a few weeks!! Thanks for all your support ladies!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Tina...that is great news and still sending positive thoughts your way.

Sonja...That would be awesome if your mom would come stay with you for a while until you find that perfect nanny!! AKA MEEE LMAO!! keep your head up girl it will all work out.

Pat...well darn..its the only place i saw that you could buy it...why does all the good chipboard come from australia???

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Tina - excellent news but we will all keep sending positive thoughts and prayers!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Pat, I am checking a few suppliers here in the uK.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Kelly love have you seen the Beyond the Page Leaf Album

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

how is the job going Tina?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

good so far thanks! I am exhausted when I get home but I am home by noon so can rest:) And I only work Tues/Thursday so I can be lazy the next day too-LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

ohh thats good..nice way to ease into it especially with all you have going on...glad to hear it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

This time next week I will be crossing the street from our hotel headed to Scrapfest...just saying

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

and you are already rubbing it in!!! Well I can't be too jealous and just want you to have fun!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

well i want you to have a blast Tina, but that wont stop me from being jealous LMAO

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

sorry ladies, didn't mean to rub it in, only let you know how excited I was when I suddenly realized that it's only a week away:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

LOL....im so excited for you and cannot wait to hear all about it!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Tina - don't apologize my friend - we are just having a bit of fun - we are happy for you (and for us when you tell us all you bought!)

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Oh, Tina, thanks for the reminder. I got time off from work. I have to get my badge! Budget busting here I come. I hope I get lots of goodies!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

I had tests all day yesterday and my PET scan came back much better than the first, so the chemo worked and I will definitely be having radiation. Monday I have tests to get prepared for my new therapy and hope to start in a few weeks!! Thanks for all your support ladies!

GREAT news!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

5oth By Tinadn

I'm curious what you ladies think of this card for my in-laws. It looks like I need to touch up the fussy cutting on the flowers. Does it need anything else?????
My first attempt using gamsol-flowers.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Tina I think those flowers rock!!! I'm sure your inlaws are going to love it!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

went shopping with dh yesterday so he could get a few things to work on - apparently he is doing some wedding layouts for us to put in his Canada album (I did him an album over years). Anyways he spent $45 and bought me a nice cutting mat and an on the edge die (but he bought them not me so it doesn't count lol)!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

I did however spend $40 getting my albums printed (wedding album for my Mom, Olympics for my grandgirls) and I did a small Su order of $35 for a heat gun and a couple other goodies that were retiring this month, and my domestic goddess digital papers and stamp set.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tina I think those flowers rock!!! I'm sure your inlaws are going to love it!!

Thanks. It's not a traditional 50 anniversary card, but I thought I'd put this one with the gift when we see them in a few weeks and send a traditional one in the mail.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

I like the fussy cut flowers, Tina. You don't want to do TOO much more to them or you'll have trouble with them fitting into the envelope!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your comments.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

LOL Tammy I love your loop hole there of your DH buying them LMAO!!! nice work my friend.

the wedding from H E L L is over!!! thank the good lord. My husband said it was as if Honey Boo Boo got married LMAOOOO!!! They are in disney on their honeymoon and I asked them what they were going to do today and she said go to Walmart!!! SERIOUSLY!! Mickey mouse is across the street and your going to walmart??!!! LOL I just dont get some people LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol but did you have fun?

Truly - all the paper that was bought was for him to scrapbook with as was the stamp and we needed the cutting mat for both of us and he gifted me the edge die - how sweet!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

although he did make a comment later about "this is going to cost me a fortune now isn't it" and I said oops did I forget to mention it is a costly hobby?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Love that card, Tina! Creative and unique! Those flowers are fab and I love what you did to the bingo card! And hope you have a blast at Scrapfest!!

Seriously, Courtney?! They're at WALMART on their honeymoon?! I'm seriously speechless...

Tammy, LOVE your loophole! Wonder if I can pull that off for my b-day this weekend??? Humm

Well ladies, been a few days since my last check-in, but I haven't spent a penny since that $1.50 THickers item! *patting self on the back* It's not easy, but every time I find something I 'need' I remind myself we have daycare to pay for! Ooops, I forgot, does classes at M's count? If so, then I did spend $37 on Saturday for three classes thru the holidays. If not, good! More scrappy budget for me to NOT spend!

On the other hand... buying baby clothing is my new budget pitfall... It's like I'm obsessed with finding cute outfits for this growing little guy!

Other than that, we think we found a home care facility that'll work for him for the first 6 months to year! We also found his pre-school! And I am pushing my return-to-work date to October 3rd! Woohoo for two more weeks!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

LMAO Tammy...the only reason I had fun is because my cousin was there LOL.. I just got my aunt into scrapping and she said to me tonight wow this is expensive!!!

Sonja...yes WALMART while in DISNEY LOL...i was baffled myself...LOL between that and Facebook, I don't think they are spending any time together...she has been on Facebook all the time she was awake and texting me LOL....I told her to knock it off and go enjoy...You should also know it was her first time on a plane LOL....you think she would be in all her glory!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

there is no accounting for the wierdness of some people Courtney - I mean I am sure there are people out there who think we are all off our rockers for our scrapbooking addiction! LOL

Sonja, so glad you found a place for little Carlo - he is getting so big. Now most of us count classes in our budget - that's all I am gonna say about that one.

Now that there are two of us scrapping in this house, I am even going to start counting adhesive.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja I am so happy that the stress of daycare it over for you. Happy days ahead...

Off to school...have a great day ladies!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

you too Tina!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tina, such great news!! Yay! Enjoy your time and purchases at Scrapfest. You deserve a splurge!

Tammy, LOL! Wonder if I can get my hubby to scrapbook.

Sonja, Yay for 2 more weeks!!

Courtney, that is one bizarre couple. WDW is one of my most favorite places. I wouldn't give up a second of it for WM.

I spent $35. Cross of my Kaisercraft die cuts. I was starting to get fearful SB.com wouldn't get them back in stock, so I ordered them from a place I've never ordered from before. They have paypal, so hopefully I'll get my order soon. I suspect I'll also pick up a super cool raven stamp from work today. Just go ahead and take off another 7 bucks.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

dh is in love with everything Kaisercraft! LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, your DH is very wise.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

LMAO....Kelly...i hope you get them soon...I havent had a chance to play with mine yet.

Well my budget is in danger...Going to Kelly's on Thursday for a playdate...and well there may or may not be this Ranger Warehouse sale about an hour from my house on Saturday...you pay $6 per POUND!!! LOL yeah we are getting up at 5 am to go tailgaiting with mimosas!! LMAOOOO

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Dear God Courtney! $6 a pound? You are doomed!! Wish I were going tailgating with you. Also wish SB.com would get that Sears and Son paper back in stock. Don't they know I NEED that, and that I am not a patient person?

Think we are going to have to add the Heartfelt Creations Delicate Aster stamp set and matching die to my wish list. The leaf in that set is calling to me. You know I can't deny the leaf...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Kamananui

Hi girls. I'm JCI to let you know that I may be conspicuously absent for the next few days.

My dad is back in the hospital...

I'll check in when I can, but don't worry if you don't see me for a few days.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sorry to hear that Pat, take care.

I probably won't be checking in much more until Monday. Headed to Scrapfest...I don't think I've mentioned that before

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

have fun Tina!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Hi ladies! Work has been exhausting and the internet was constipated. I spent $22 on my Scrapfest badge and DH ok'd my budget of $150 for the weekend. I'm going to start packing up my rolly tote and then the suitcase.

My feet hurt so much from standing at work, I don't know if I can take standing in line. I'm such a wimp. I'm not taking any classes. More money to shop with though!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

oh Katie - you made me almost spit out my tea - internet was constipated!!!

Have fun at Scrafest!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Tina and Katie..hope you both have an amazing time at Scrapfest...and we cannot wait to hear all about it!! (even though we're all extremely jealous! LOL)

Pat, thoughts and prayers go out to you...try and keep us posted when you can.

Kelly...have you tried evil bay for those papers?

I have been good havent shopped...today is dooms day LOL going to have a playdate with kelly and she has new Carta Bella papers in...YES i need those!! My wish list for next month will include those HC Aster collection!! I just went through my stash to give my aunt some stuff to get started...YEAH i need to stop buying LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

not if you are going to keep supplying your Aunt - my dh raided my stash last night - not too badly - and he did ask first if he could use some or should he buy his own - lol - really he is the most generous man on the planet - I told him anytime he needs something, we'll check out the stash first (this hobby is goign to cost me even more of a fortune now).

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

jci

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

any news Pat?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL tammy...i know...my aunt said to me..wow this is really expensive hobby LOL I told her she has no idea!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics