Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: September Photo FUn        (Topic#1580245)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER 2012 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share.
2. To the left of your screen about at the bottom of your image you will see "LINK/EMBED IMAGE". It's just below the Facebook, Twitter, & Pin it buttons. Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Left click on the copy & paste code box..it will turn blue. Right click on it to paste.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code.

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.
*End of Month photo contest entry deadline: September 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

September Minis:

1 - Leaf
2 - I don't leave home without....
3 - Labor of love
4 - Hidden
5 - Weathered
6 - Signs of Fall
7 - One
8 - Rain or moving water
9 - Change
10 - My buddy

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

I`m in again!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Lenethren

Hi i'm back. This month is my one year anniversary with the group. Thanks everyone for inspiring me to take photos of things other than Little Miss G!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MissaOnTheRun

I"m back again!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

OK, where's the pen, I'm signing up!!!!!

Love the mini's.....

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

BTW, is there a way to delete more than one 'subscribed topic' at a time. I have a zillion (ok, i'm embellishing here at bit) and it's a PITA to delete one at a time.

Thanks and nighty nite

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

I am in again. Hope I can finish this time w/o computer grimlins or life getting in the way!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to 2xblessed

I'm in again!!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to sasload4

I'm here

Lori~Did you just change it to 10 photos a month or have I been oblivious for a really long time? Wasn't it 15?

....no extra comments necessary on the "oblivious" thing ladies

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning!

Debi, I think August was the first month that it was changed to 10 photos.

I couldn't even get in 10 photos much less 15 last month. I hope September will be better.

We are expecting 3-5 inches of rain this weekend.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

10 photos? hmmm, Debi, I don't think you were the only one to miss that! I could have finished the month with only 10. Guess that's what happens when I don't read the first post and just look for the mini's.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

I'm in again!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Hi all!

Debi...last month was the first for 10 pics. Will be much easier for some to get in.

Krista....you must have had your nose in your table work when I made the announcement change!

Linda...I'm not sure about the topic question. I don't subscribe to any so I'm no help.

Anna....our rain will be here tonight. For my area they are saying 3-4 inches. Up to 7 south of me.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - pretty sure you are right!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Linda....was that store shooting today near you?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I am in need of getting my creative juices flowing and this looks like a good place to start!! I want in please

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to MrsCDJ

Hi Crystal, welcome!!!!

Lori, the shooting was in NJ, we're in NY. But it's weird when stuff happens where you've been. When we drive to New Hope PA we usually stop in this shopping center.

Last week a guy snapped and shot and killed his former co-worker at the Empire State Building. The police shot the perp and in so doing also shot 3 bystanders and an additional 6 received shrapnel(sp).

Scarey world.....

May you all have a safe holiday weekend. Not sure how Labor Day got here this quickly. Feel like I just put my winter clothes away. Oh wait, I did....okay so dh is not a saint all the time....we're not always on the same page!!!!!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Linnny

I have to try reading what I write before adding posts! lol The crow is actually named Lucky, not that Missa isn`t a nice name, but I have no idea if my crow is a male or female. As it is nearly impossible to tell the sex in crows I needed a nuetral name and that bird is lucky I found it so Lucky it is. He/she is still holding their wing funny. I wonder how long a sprain takes to heal? Or maybe the volunteer at the rehabilitation place got it wrong and perhaps it is more serious like a fracture. Anyways, I let Lucky loose in the house while I clean the kennel but he/she refuses to stretch that wing and hops everywhere instead. Interesting to note that Lucky will not eat grapes but will play with them until they are mushed.

Hope everyone has a good day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

LOL Dyana! I think I'll still think of Lucky as "Missa" secretly!

Welcome Crystal!

Hanging out for a bit then it's acceleration time for U. I'm thinking about laying down for a minute....been doing busy stuff today...running errands & paperwork!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Heather4859

me too, me too!! But your message says SIGH ups not sign ups, do I know how to do that? Is it OK if I just stare at the ceiling and sigh deeply? I don't want to miss Sept.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to erjaan

Kate, your such a stitch!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• Mrs PaulyD Said:
Kate, your such a stitch!

This is what happens when you habg out with these ladies, LINNNY MOSTLY.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

Welcome Crystal! As you might can tell we love to tease each other in a good natured way.
We act just like a very mixed up family!
Looks like I might get some more stormy weather! So, going to unplug and go read!
Good Evening Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Congrats Kate...yours was the Aug fav. pic!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Go figure...When I tried posting the winner I kept getting a message that they were working on the site or something. Finally seems to be up & working again.

Anyone else have trouble?

Kate....make sure you give me a good address for you.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Still waiting on rain. I need to venture out and see if I can see the moon.

I think I'm calling it a night here....feeling cruddy in the ovary department tonight. Way tired too and I have already warned U that he better sleep in tomorrow, lol! We are all tired. Poor DH has been working almost 3 hours away for the last 2 days...stuck in an attic. He's drained too!

Have a great evening!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Yay Kate congrats to you!

Welcome Cristal!

Lori if he doesn't sleep in he better keep it quiet. Sorry about the ovaries. That must be brutal to be up in an attic for 2 days in a row. I hope DH is hydrated.

One more full day here. It seems like almost everything is done and we are right on schedule. My fingers are crossed for a smooth day tomorrow. The movers will be here about noon on Sunday, well at least that's what they said.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Hey, I posted last night when I heard someone rattling my chain!!!! and my post is gone!!!!! Now, what was that about "HABGout" with you know who

Okay, need to figure out what we are doing today....plans changed late last night and we're not getting the company we planned on! It's a beautiful day and dh is off and all I could think of is going to Costco. Hmmmm, I think I need to be a bit more creative.

Have a lovely day!!!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Linnny

JCI... Going to DH's grandma's 90th birthday. Will be gone almost the whole day as its about a 90 minute drive

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Missa....keeping my fingers crossed all goes well! My ovaries are feeling much, much better today, lol!

Linda...we are venturing to Sam's Club today. I'd like to see what Costco is like but there isn't one close enough to me for a membership. I'm assuming both stores are pretty much the same.

Heather....enjoy Grandma's party! 90....wow!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning. Woke up early with a kid in my room telling me that Cody was crying cause his knee was really sore and he couldn't bend. So off I go groggily up the stairs to up some medicated lotion into his knee. Both boys have knee issues when they grow. And I suspect with the way Cody's has been bugging him the last few weeks, I will be glad that I didn't get him any new clothes or shoes for school yet.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Congrats Kate!
Krista, tell Cody I hope his knee feels better fast! I have knee issues from having "wrecked" them a "few" times.
Glad your ovaries feel better. Before I had my hysterectomy I told my gyn that I would NOT have it unless he promised to take both of them, too. I had had several ovarian cysts and stayed in pain with them.
Heather, that is awesome about the 90th birthday. Is she still in good health physically/mentally? I had an aunt who lived to be I think 97 and still planted a garden. In fact, the weak before she died she was pulling up turnip greens. Amazing woman!
Need to start thinking about what to shoot this month. BBL

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

Here is a pic of last night's Blue Moon, hidden behind the only patch of clouds in the sky!!

Blue Moon By MrsCDJ

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MrsCDJ

Afternoon!

My oldest just picked Uriah up and they are headed to the mall. DH is at a buddies house and Kristiaan took a work shift. Home alone for a bit....and I like it! DH should be home shortly though and we are headed to the dreaded Walmart!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MrsCDJ

Here's a few photos from me!

JFF - First meal By KristaDee

POD #1 - New Arrangements By KristaDee

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

JCI. Back from Grandma's birthday party. It was a good time and somehow I got in the cross fire of a water fight... so I went and got the hose

Didn't take a single picture. One of DH's uncles has a very very nice dslr with all the bells and whistles, so he was the camera taker today.

Carolyn, yes DH's grandma is in pretty good shape concidering she had 15 kids. She recently started to have problems with a knee and her vision is starting to give her problems, but her mind is definitely all there. Just had a late dinner and after I let that settle a bit, I'm heading to bed.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Glad it was a good time Heather!

I'm telling you I am still waiting on some rain. We have had a small amount here and there....nothing more than a shower. Maybe we'll get some boomers tonight.

Working on a monster arm tonight. DD is crazy for them and has her classroom themed that way. I'm knitting my first one for her. I'm almost ready for bed.

Have a great evening!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Congrats Kate!

The blue moon was absolutey beautiful here last night. Didn't take the first photo either.

Lori, we are waiting on the rain too. We didn't even get a shower only just a few sprinkles.

Welcome to the newbies this month!

Laters!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Anna C

I can't believe I forgot to check out the blue moon. I knew it was happening, but forgot. Duh.

Heather haha about the hose! The party must have been huge with 15 children of her own. You must be exhausted.

Lori I can't wait to see the arm.

Tomorrow is the day! I can't wait. Almost everything is done here, just a few small chores left.

Have a wonderful night!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Missa - best of luck with tomorrow! Can't wait to see your new place.

I think I'm off to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Anna C

Congrats Kate!

Good luck Missa, hope it all goes well.

POD#1 - Mahoney Lake By Lenethren

Edited by Lenethren on 09-02-12 01:18 AM. Reason for edit: to add photo

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

ACU
Dressed for church and need to get off of here and see what Daisy is doing. Much too quite and like with kids, quite usually means "Uh-oh"!
Have a great day and tell someone you love them.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!!!

Heather your post about your granny's birthday party and the water fight brought back wonderful memories from when I was very young. My grandma (and she was elderly then) would love to instigate water hose fights!!! I still recall giggling at her antics!!!! Happy Birthday to your grandma!

Missa, good luck tomorrow!!!! How exciting!

dh and I went to the Green Corn Festival in upper New York yesterday....it was fun and relaxing. Got some pics. Need to read the little pamphlet we got as we didn't see any green corn....one of the volunteers wasn't sure why it was called the green corn festival either....something about the full moon and harvest.....like I said, need to find and read the pamphlet

Have a lovely day!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Hi everyone!

Uriah and I did some running earlier and got caught in rain. DD has been complaining of her back hurting and today she felt so bad. She went to church and was supposed to work but she called in. I just sent her to prompt care. I think she might have a kidney infection by some of her symptoms....I hope that's all is wrong.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Just jumping in between church and the Carnival and the petting zoo to say hi! Lori, sending address.
Kate

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to erjaan

Lori hope it's nothing serious for DD!!!

OK....so I haven't been getting out much lately since that darn fall. Believe it....I'm still aching....anyhoo, that being said, when dh and I went to the festival yesterday I went snap happy. Sooooooo, I did post the pics in my gallery....just gonna put a few here. No presssure to comment...just don't know when this old fart will get out again!!!!!

POD 7 Still Life By Linnny

POD 4 ~ Shades of Green By Linnny

Mini 1 Leaf By Linnny

I'll bring some others over tomorrow....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Just heard from DD....he is giving her meds for a strained back muscle and meds for barfing. Waiting on pee test results.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Lori, when I read you were waiting on the pee test, you brought to mind an incident.

When mom was bedridden I had a caretaker helping me with mom. Well, mom had to do a urine test and the lab was coming to pick it up. Maya, the caretaker, answered the door bell and sees this guy in a uniform and says to him, "are you the peepee man"! He says, "lady, I just wanna read the meter"!!!! This story made my mama giggle every time I repeated it!

caretaker doesn't sound right....what is the word I'm looking for! oh my, I have become my mama!!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 09-02-12 10:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

Linny, thank you for sharing that! I can just picture Maya's face and that poor man. HeeHee!
ACU
BBL

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to 2xblessed

ACU. Lori, that's too bad about DD, hope she feels better soon. Weird, but we were out of town on labor day weekend a few years back and my DD got a bladder infection. We had to cut the weekend short and come home and take her to urgent care.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

• desilu3131 Said:
Just heard from DD....he is giving her meds for a strained back muscle and meds for barfing. Waiting on pee test results.

Hope your DD doesn't have anything too wrong! Sending positive thoughts her way!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
Lori, when I read you were waiting on the pee test, you brought to mind an incident.

When mom was bedridden I had a caretaker helping me with mom. Well, mom had to do a urine test and the lab was coming to pick it up. Maya, the caretaker, answered the door bell and sees this guy in a uniform and says to him, "are you the peepee man"! He says, "lady, I just wanna read the meter"!!!! This story made my mama giggle every time I repeated it!

caretaker doesn't sound right....what is the word I'm looking for! oh my, I have become my mama!!!!!

If I ever stop laughing I'll let you know!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MrsCDJ

JCI

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI.

DD does not have a strained back, which we both didn't think was the case. After the pee test came back the DR thinks she might have a kidney stone. She got 3 meds...one for barfing, vicodin for pain, and something for infection. Poor thing is writhing with pain. In a few days she's to have a cat scan to see if there are indeed stones and to make sure one is not lodged where it shouldn't be. So far she had kept down all the meds. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Linda...too funny!! Was the lady a visiting nurse?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

mini #1 leaf By Desilu3131

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Lori, I hope DD is feeling better and able to pass the stone if that is the problem. Did they send her home with a "strainer" to use when she pees? For catching the stone, I mean. I have never had one but have heard women say that passing kidney stones is worse than having a baby w/o drugs!
So excited! I have won 2 more books. I am disappointed that I didn't win a couple I really want, guess I will have to break down and buy them. Those of you who have been doing the POD as long as I have know that I have lots and lots of books. I really think you can never have too many books. Now, to find a place for them. . .
Krista, finally figured out how to put the harness on Daisy, after watching how on you-tube. I will post a shot of her in it when I get it adjusted better. She is really growing. She has discovered that she can bark! Like a kid hollering for attention she will start barking and looking at me as if to say; "See me Mama!". She has also picked up a nasty habit of snapping! I have torn her up over it. It's really more of a play thing to her but, I definitely want her to know I will not tolerate it at all. Learning all kinds of things out about Jack Russell/Pug puppies! Pearl was around 7 when I got her and was out of the puppy phase. I love Daisy but, she is really wild sometimes! And then she comes up and gives me a puppy kiss and melts my heart all over again.
BBL with a picture or 2, I hope.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...no strainer! Kristiaan is finally resting, meds must have kicked in. Now if I could keep Uriah quiet! I'm about to tear him up, lol!

Working on my 2nd monster arm tonight. Shouldn't take very long to do then I can move on to the legs.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Hi...

I hope Kristiaan feels back to normal soon.

A photo my dd took instead of me but I felt was too good not to share!

Osprey with fish By Lenethren

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Edited by Lenethren on 09-02-12 04:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

JCI again.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Evening all...

Dropping off a couple pics

Sept Photo Fun #1 and Mini # 6 Signs of Fall By Mrs PaulyD

Sept Photo Fun #2 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI again.

DD is up and ready for more meds. She appreciates the well wishes. Monster arm #2 done! Fingers super sore! Want to continue on to a leg or ear but better wait till tomorrow.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU again.
Glad the meds are working. I hope she feels better fast. Did they give her any advice on what else she should/should not do? Some doctors say not to drink/eat dairy. Some suggest eating cherries (I think). Of course like every ailment the advice changes almost daily. :/
Think I am going to go find something to eat and watch a little "I Love Lucy" on tape.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...yes, no dairy while on meds. She is about ready to crash again. We are going to call Tuesday for the cat scan I think. Enjoy Lucy!!

Calling it a night here too.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Lori, glad you DD got some meds....I hear that is very painful.

And the careGIVER not caretaker....I knew it didn't sound right, lived with us. She was from the country Georgia and had a little problem with the language. She was with us for 3 years and took care of my mom like her own.

Carolyn, sounds like Daisy can be a handful, yet so lovable. Almost like children. But for some reason people frown on putting harnesses on kiddos!

Nighty nite!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning!

Meeting with my mama this morning. She has a trailer on her property that she rents out. Well, for the last time she rented it and of course got burned. The policeman left her with such a mess and owed a bunch. He's been gone and not contactable for a few months. She cleaned the place up and has now moved all her crafty stuff there (it used to be in her upstairs). She has 3 huge tubs of baby girl clothes that were left. I'm going to pick those up and go through them for DH's daughter to see if there is anything she might use. Will donate the others to a women's shelter I think.

Anyway, DH is making his famous taco's today and his pop's will come over for dinner. My DD & her DH too. One of Uriah's teammates is having a pool party today but we're not going. It was just scheduled a few days ago. It's so gloomy out and rain is still forecasted.

Off to get myself ready...BBL!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Morning everybody!

POD#2 - Doggie in a Drawer By Lenethren

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lenethren

Good morning!!!

POD 1 Lake By Linnny

POD 2 Journey By Linnny

POD 3 Dried By Linnny

These pics were also taken at Sleepy Hollow....yes that Sleepy Hollow. Plan on going back around Halloween!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

good morning

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Morning! Trying to get the family up to go to IHOP. I've never been there and I purchased a groupon for it and it expires soon. So before DD drives back to school this afternoon, I thought we'd give it a try.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Heather, we just used our Groupon for IHOP the other night. I LOVE their Harvest Grain n Nut pancakes!!!! Deeelish! Enjoy!!! Oh, and dh got their omelet with pancake combo....the omelet is gigantic!!!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to 2xblessed

I've had kidney stones and I've given birth, and I rate them about the same on the pain scale. I don't know why they are waiting on the scan and didn't do it while she was there ....

She should try not to lay on the side that is hurting though or her back because that puts pressure on the kidney ... although I know staying on the same side can get painful too after a while!! She also has a better chance of passing the stone if she drinks LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of fluids ... apple juice and cranberry juice are good choices for kidneys. I hope the stone either passes or at least moves so it will ease up while she waits for the scan.

What is POD and this winning books thing? That sounds interesting!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MrsCDJ

Crystal....thanks so much for the info...will pass it along to DD!

POD is just short for photo a day. Way back when we used to split the group in 1/2. Some girls would post on even days & the others on odd days so the thread wouldn't bog down.

Carolyn must be on a book site to win all those books. I've never inquired what site though.

IHOP...I hate it! Ours here are super slow same as Denny's. Will never go to either. I just don't like sitting for two hours waiting on food. Denny's is the worst!!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Thats kinda funny Lori. It took almost 30 minutes to get our food, and DH's was ice cold. We likely wont be going back either. Perkins pancakes are much better.

Linnny, hope you have better luck

Edited by Mrs PaulyD on 09-03-12 02:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

At least you got to try it Heather, together!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hahaha....we had to wait forever to get our coffee at IHOP. The food came pretty quickly though; but then we couldn't find our waiter to get the bill. I find the quality of service in a lot of restaurants really going down hill. Saturday we stopped in a diner in Sleepy Hollow and after sitting with our menus and water for 15 minutes with no waitress in sight, we just got up and left. I think management has taken a holiday everywhere!!!!!

Here are the last of the pics from Sleepy Hollow.

POD 5 Story Teller By Linnny

POD 6 Goat By Linnny

Hope you are all having a fun and safe holiday!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

ACU
Crystal and anyone else who is interested, I belong to an online book club; www.goodreads.com. It is a great way to win free books! I have won I think 8 so far. It is also a fun way to discover new authors. If you list books you own or have read, they will give you suggestions that you might enjoy based on what you list. You can post a goal for how many books you plan to read in a year and it will keep track for you as long as you list what you are reading and when you finish it. If any of you are interested and want to "friend" me I use my real name on it: Carolyn Pentecost. Now, if I haven't totally bored you silly I will BBL!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

JCI - off to make supper

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

JCI.

DD just left about 30 minutes ago to go back to school. Makes me so nervous that she is driving alone.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

And I would like to thank Abby (that's the dog) for inspiring this picture for the "Labor of Love" category! (She's in labor!!)

Labor of Love By MrsCDJ

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MrsCDJ

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Have to take Daisy to the vet tomorrow afternoon for another puppy shot and rabies shot, I think. Will definitely ask him to trim her nails! They grow super fast and she likes to try to either dig in my hand or climb me like a tree! I read somewhere that her breed can jump 5 feet off of the ground! And that they like to climb! I know she does!
Really need to get busy shooting something. Heading back to page one for the minis!
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI before I hit the hay,\.

Carolyn, my sister has a Jack Russell and he is super crazy! Isn't Daisy part Jack? My poor pup, Stella, needs her nails clipped badly. She has caught one on something this weekend and is babying it. DD needs to take her to get them clipped but I have to get her better first, lol! She is determined to work tomorrow even though I advised against it. Hopefully she will call and set up her cat scan.

I will be gone most of the day tomorrow. My mom tore her rotator cup and I'm going to her house to help her get things done & cleaned up. U had acceleration tomorrow after school too. I'll try to pop in at some point but if you miss me. you'll know where I am!

Nighty-O!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Dropping off another one...

POD#3 - My Dog the Puzzle Hog! By Lenethren

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

good night all.

Tomorrow will be busy - just realized that I haven't gone through the boys closets or dressers to see what they need for school... guess I will be doing that tomorrow.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

On my way to beddy bye.....Lori hope your mom is feeling better.

Here's one more Sleepy Hollow pic....we had such a lovely relaxing day....

POD 8 Barn By Linnny

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to 2xblessed

I'm trying again. Wow, I can't believe I missed a whole month on here. Things have been quite hectic, with watching grandkids.

House was a mess for a few days while the old carpet was removed and the new installed. Thankfully, everything is in it's place now. I had all the furniture in all the other rooms. I sure couldn't be a hoarder, and then having to dodge the tack strips.

Knee is still giving me fits, but soon to have it fixed. I have a torn cartilage. They are scheduling surgery now. The sooner the better I say. Now I think I also have a heel spur. Anything else!!!!!!

Now to catch up on all the photo's.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:

I just have to add my story to that one! St Paul has a lot of Formally Burmese people called Ka Ren. My niece works with them a lot providing clothing and household needs. One day they greeted her with the name Pee Janell. Pee is a term of respect for women. BUT if you are a grandmother you are called Peepee. And believe it or not a grandfather is called Poopoo.

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to erjaan

POD #1 Full moon By Marilee55

Rabbit51-Beth
Veteran
Rabbit51-Beth
In response to 2xblessed

Ok will try this again, messed up last month and never submitted one to be voted on. Really like using my cameras again.

Carolyn, I am a member of Goodreads also, don't get there much, too busy reading.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Marilee55

Good morning!

Kate, poopoo and peepee!!!!! Had me spitting my java as I read your post!!!!

Marilee, sorry about the knee and foot issues! Seems it's always something. Hope your surgery goes smoothly!!!

Carolyn, how did Daisy do at the vet.???? Jumping pooch....she must bring you so much joy to have around!!!!

Dreary, rainy day here.....yucko.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

Lori, yes Daisy is Jack Russell/Pug. I think she is more Jack than Pug.
Linny, Daisy goes to the vet this afternoon.
Kate, PeePee and PooPoo had me chuckling, too. Funny how different languages are! Even in La. words are pronounced and sometimes even have slightly different meaning depending on whether you are in North or South Louisiana. Curious is it that way in other states?
Marilee, I hope your knee problem gets taken care of fast!
Beth, have you ever won books on goodreads?
Need to get off and give Daisy a bath.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Things are very busy on this end. Caught up on love but not so much the chatter.

Lori, we only ended up getting about an inche of rain over the weekend. Hopee dd is feeling better and your mom too.

Lots of great photos have already been posted. I need to get in gear! Have a great day ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

good morning - got the last of the school stuff purchased. Went through the boys closets and dressers. Cody needed a dress shirt, gym shorts and indoor shoes. Crispin didn't need any clothes, just shoes for him. And I saw a really cute pair of low boots, and I know I didn't need them, but I wanted them and got them.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Hi everyone! Just saying hello. Our house is great. I'll try to get some pics up and get caught up with all of you soon!

Have a great day.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Afternoon!

Beth...glad to see you back!

Marilee...I hope they get to your knee soon! Glad you're back.

Missa...Yay...you made it to the new place!

Kate...funny how other languages work. When the in-laws were in Africa they had to say a few words they DID NOT LIKE! What would be the dirtiest word here means something like a hammer there in one of the languages. Can't remember is if was in the Ghana or Sudanese language. Of course them being missionaries made it all the more difficult, lol!

Helped my mom out and my sister rode with me and helped too. Came home with a trunk full to donate. I raided her yarn stash too.

Kristiaan is going for her CT Scan this afternoon. I called it a Cat Scan earlier...they're probably different. She should know right then what the problem is. She tried to work this morning ( I requested her not to) but was sent home.

Will keep you updated on her.....off to get Uman!

BBL!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Lori, the wheel in the barn was used to sharpen their tools. There was a woman in period dress that was so friendly and informative.... If my old body could have handled it, we could have toured the home on the property too. As it is, you pay and they tell you it's a 5 minute walk to the area...well, guess it depends on how fast you walk; for us it was more like 15 minutes!!!!

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics