Page 2 of 6 
Username Post: September New Layouts        (Topic#1580263)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-05-12 07:32 PM
In response to Vae

I'm determined to finish the 2-page layout that I started last night. I got the photo reprints I was waiting on, and now I have to figure out how to arrange them because the scale wasn't quite what I had in mind.

One day I'll be able to print all my photos in one run and get entire albums done in a month's time. As for now, I'm just hoping I finish my wedding album before my 2 year anniversary!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Vae

I watched the Cowboys and Giants and enjoyed a nice glass of red wine. The game is basically over so I think I will finish my book and then head to bed. See you tomorrow!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Jeannie...NO I wasn't a busy kid!! Well,maybe I was... after 10:00 a.m. that is...LOL! I have always had such a hard time functioning in the a.m.,,,still do! Then I would turn into a whirlwind,,,maybe it's because I felt I had to makeup for the morning sluggishment... I've always had to many irons in the fire. Hey, it keeps me out of trouble...most of the time! HA!!!

Terry, I wanted to choke the driver! I have HUGE, BIG, TALL campers and motor homes driving through here all the time...and NEVER has anyone else caught themselves up on the wires. Coca-cola sent out a rep. today...he took a few pics. on his cell phone....ok? what does that tell ya?? I told him I took plenty of pics and I told him I'd get my camera, he didn't want to see them! Again, what does that tell ya??? Said Coca-cola wasn't going to dispute this at all but wouldn't then commit to telling us definately Coke would pay our repair costs when Hubby cornered him...(nicely of course) Then the rep. told me to save my pics...just in case...OIY!!!! I'll post pics of the fiasco too in the a.m.
Well, I'm tired and just remebered I left laundry in my BIG laundry machines up at the bath house...GRRR.. I use the big heavy duty, coin operated washer and dryer to wash the coverlets from the cabins...less wear and tear on mine...
OK..0600 hrs. comes too early...nite all!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Vae

Terry, you asked if the little pebble with the garnets included was when I found my interest in rocks. The answer to that is no. I had been picking up rocks and carrying them home for quite a while at that point. It is why I picked up the pebble in the first place. It was a grand suprize tho!

Nice ad on the demo car! Shows up really nicely.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

Good Mornin!!! Man is it ever quiet without the TV going in the a.m.!!! Waiting for Direct TV to show and fix the satellite dish. Have a couple of pics to share...........

Damage By Jojo Noons

Damage By Jojo Noons

This is really the most damage, other than wires hanging and lying around...hopefully the repairman will show quickly and fix it up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...I'm off to finishe up my laundry!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Jo - I can't believe they didn't want your pictures, but why would they NOT pay the repair costs? I would be suing them in they do not pay.

I got up showered, dropped my daughter off at school, went to the grocery, stopped and got a biscuit and now am home and ready to start preparing some freezer meals for the next week.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Love all of your photos Jo! Direct TV service stinks here too. I don't have it at home, but we have it here at work and it is very poor. It always freezes up! I hope they repair yours soon!

Donna, your cruise will be a blast with all of those different personalities! Alcohol will make it all ok!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Very busy on this end. Have a great day!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning all...nothing new here except it's so dry we are about set a new record for no rain.

Jo--I agree totally with Cheryl about suing them if they won't pay to fix it. I can't imagine they wouldn't with photos like those

Denise--that's cool. So often kids don't have any interests at all. That's why I'm trying to encourage the dgd to scrap or smash or draw. I printed out a zentangle drawing of 2 sea horses and had Emma color them with my copics. She wanted to take it home & I wouldn't let her cuz I added a bit of Stickles here & there & I'm framing it for her. I'm sure you also had encouragement for that too.

I'm off...trying to nurse the calves back. Ate bananas last night and I'll do a nice walk on the eliptical to help stretch those muscles.

Hi to everyone!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning.

Jojo - the demolition car was fun with all the signatures on it.

Terry hope the calves get better quickly.

Cheryl-what are you making to freeze?

Jarvae-it will be fun to see your wedding layouts. did you think about getting an album/kit. It would probably be less expensive. But you probably want different papers than the kits offer.

Hi to all, better get to washing the floors.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Gooooood morning!!

I feel quite accomplished this morning. I was up at 5-cleaned the whole house, picked out my jammies for the cruise (I tend to pack wayyy ahead of time), found my white keds, worked out, made my breakfast, lunch and dinner and still had time to sneak in an episode of Desperate Housewives lol

Jarve-yes..there will be pleeenty of alcohol on this cruise! Thats how this whole trip started. Last time we were in Cozomel I bought this awesome coconut rum-the best I ever had. Tastes like real coconuts. Anyways-I was telling my friends Sarah about how much I loved that rum and how I wish I would have gotten more. So she goes-well...lets go to Mexico to get some. Then the idea formed-we should go on a cruise! lol

Jojo-good luck with your dish. I'd sue them too if they don't wanna fix it

Terry-I hope your calves feel better soon!

So Cheryl-who were you rooting for? Patrick is a Cowboys fan so he was thrilled My hubby and Chris are Packer fans. They might go to Green Bay to see a game this year. A guy my hubby works with is from Grren Bay and has friends with season passes. My hubby would loveee that

I am in SUCH a Christmasy mood. I want to make all kinds of stuff! Now if I could only take a few months off from work...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

help- I bought a mask of a brick wall at the Scrap Expo. I want to use a medium that will be raised. What do I use? I was talking to a gal who was next to me at the Expo. She told me what to use, but I forgot...it was modeling paste? does that sound correct? I probably nee a spatula knife to wipe off the excess. Just want to try something new.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 08:00 AM

Good morning all!

I got my page mostly finished last night. Everything is glued down, I just need to pick up an accent or two at the store.

Jojo - they better pay for it, or else! LOL you tell 'em! A few years ago the garbage truck hit my mailbox, which was a full brick mailbox. There was a huge mound of bricks on the ground and for months the mailbox just kind of sat on top of the pile until the city of Houston finally cut me a check. I think they were thinking I would just forget about it and let it go, but not at $800 for a new mailbox! Hopefully you get yours resolved soon.

Cathe, yes, I actually have a couple of wedding kits that I am using pieces from. But this book will be HUGE - I simply can't narrow the pictures down to less than 400. Plus there are some specific things I want to do. It's all good though, I'm having a blast with it. I just can't wait to have a finished product that I can flip through and show my family and friends!

Donna, sounds yummy! What kind is it? There's a store here that specializes in importing beers and liquors. I can't get down to Mexico anytime soon but I'd love to try it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 08:02 AM
In response to Vae

The kind I have seen is called Texture paste, but I think modeling paste is kind of the same thing.

http://scrapwithv.blogspot.com/2011/01/masking-with- tex...

http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Techniques/Art _Mediums/...

I've been thinking of getting some for a while - just haven't had the chance yet.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Vae

Cathe, I have some called Stencil paste which is the same as modeling paste and is definitely acid free. And it just calls for a putty knife.

I got a new office chair yesterday and I just about rolled myself into the wall--dang those wheels work good!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Wow, Coke better pay!

Cathe, those brick wall stencils are awesome. Enjoy!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Donna - I was rooting for the Giants. I don't really have a team that I "LOVE" but I really love to watch football.

Cathe - I froze these recipes:

Buffalo Chicken
Angel Chicken
Chicken Nacho
Little Meats and Gravy
Taco Soup
Hamburgers patted out with leftover meat

I have a Boston Butt in the crockpot now.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

This should be fixed without a fit... I just couldn't believe they didn't want to see pics. Hubby had replaced the dish, the phone company replaced wires the night before so we could have service...He said Coke wouldn't dispute it,, but to hold onto my pics,,,,just in case...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Thanks for the info Terry & Jarvae. Now I know what to look for. Now to find it.

Cheryl you sure were cooking up a storm! Good for you.

I am putting the finishing touches on the baby album I am making for my niece.

I swept the garage today..thought I'd better do something! LOL

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi peeps

I see there is a new Lucky 8 big round punch in the new arrivals...but it is 39.99 here gonna get it when I find it cheaper...lovely.

I agree about bananas and potassium....when there are no bananas around for a couple days I notice the difference....they're also great when I get kinda woozy and sicky....a banana and a glass of milk and I'm all better.

Jojo love the photos all of them..of the beat up car and the beat up wires...hope your story with Coke has a happy ending soon. So happy your car won....it sure didn't look like it won lol. If that was what the winner looked like, I'd hate to see what the loser looked like.

Denise I bet it will be fun with the different personalities..yep cocktails are the great equalizer. And please don't wander off...seriously...so much crime down there..I know it's in certain areas but I'd be careful anywhere nowadays....especially in a tourist area.

Jarvae I dh bought me some molding paste from Amazon....have I used it yet? yes but not on a layout yet. I like the look.

Love the visual of Terry rolling off into the sunset in her new chair.

Last night I happened to notice the neighbors black car was limned in a pink glow so I walked to the window and was greeted with this most magnificent sunset. I had to take 2 pics...one shows that it was still fairly light now but it didn't do justice to the sky...I fooled around with the settings and captured the colors but made the trees and houses look black....as I fiddled with settings it all faded away. So anyway imagine the sky in the second pic over the houses of the first pic and that is what it looked like...I am not a photographer. wish I was last night.
Last evening By Dollscrap
Last evening 2 By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - beautiful sunset pics!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Oh my, that is a gorgeous sunset!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Jeannie--whatever you did the photos are spectacular!

I meant to ask you all: has anyone here ever had a espresso martini? OMG...I could drink dozens! Need to find that recipe...

(shhh...I actually scrapped today and played work hookie)

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Slumber By Scrappin 2

Here is one of the pages for the baby album I have been working on. Please don't feel like you have to comment on all of them.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Jeannie those photos are gorgeous.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 05:13 PM

Beautiful sunset pics Jeannie!

My sunset pics do the same thing: they either wash out the colors or black out the ground. Some day I'll learn how to avoid that.

Cathe that layout is so sweet! What did you use for the two white corners?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 05:16 PM
In response to Vae

Just put the last touch on the 2-page spread from yesterday. Not sure if I'll have time to start any new pages tonight. DH got a phone call from work at 3 am and I couldn't get back to sleep - I'm exhausted.

Vows 1 By Jarvae

Vows2 By Jarvae

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Vae

Dropping off:

A Merry Christmas By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

ACU

Jarvae if you ever learn how to take pics of the sunset let me know..til then I gotta do pics one of the sky and one of the rest.

Terry you should probably hold off on the espresso martinis til you learn to control your new chair.....Oh there goes Terry wheeeee.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 07:32 PM
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
ACU

Terry you should probably hold off on the espresso martinis til you learn to control your new chair.....Oh there goes Terry wheeeee.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Vae

(Waves "hello" and sneaks in to drop things off...darn state licensing classes are kicking my rear end so I haven't been able to get scrappy)

Here's something I've been working on in the absence of time to scrap...

My Junque Journal By DNA301
Junque Journal Inside Cover By DNA301
Junque Journal Cards By DNA301
Junque Journal Random Pages By DNA301
Junque Journal Actual Journaling By DNA301

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

Jeannie---how'd you know????
(I can't quit giggling!)

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning! I'm up early for me.
I'll offer you some beverages:
(but we will not offer Terry any espresso martinis)

It is raining which is good, but it is so dreary!

Have a great day everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Cathe, I am interested to know what you are going to use with your brick template. I bought one but have tried anything yet. Anxious to see yours so that maybe I will know what to do.

Hello to everyone here. Life is really busy on this end right now so not a lot of time for chatter!

Have a great day ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 09-07-12 06:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

hi can i join in

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to babigirl

Afternoon...!
Ah Cathe...please can I have 1 or 3 maybe...I'll leave my Nascar desk chair home---promise!!!

Welcome Babigirl...you sure can join in! We are all a laid back happy group.

Can't stay and chatter...have to go switch all the gear from one car to another. We're off to a dog trial this weekend! Ya'll have a great weekend too!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Happy Friday to all.

Welcome Babigirl.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Welcome Babygirl. Is that what we should call you?

I bought some modeling paste. good thing I had a coupon. Probably won't get to play with it until Monday. Did someone say I could add embossing powder to it? Maybe I should ask in the gerneral forum or find a you tube demo.

I hit two Michael's, Hobby Lobby and JA today. I sure wish we had a LSS though. There is not a Signo brand white gel pen anywhere. I've tried Inkessentials but I don't like it as well.

I'll bbl probably.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Hey hey!

Gorgeous sunset pics Jeannie! Ihaven't forgotten about trying to correct that photo...I should have time over the weekend

Hi Babigirl-welcome!

Terry-never had an espresso martini but they sound yummy! I make a mean gingerbread martini...love love love those! I made some chocolate coconut martinis with that chocolate whipped cream vodka. Those were gooooood! You can do so much with a martini. When we have our employee surveys each year I keep asking for a mini bar...but so far they ain't going for it lol

Lovely cards and layouts and projects-oh my! I need to get caught up again

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Welcome babigirl..that's what I call my baby girls...ages 22 and 26..still.

I promised myself to play with my gesso and molding paste and my air-drying clay...maybe the mists too...I buy these things and then I'm scared to use them...gotta.

Donna thanks....don't worry about the pic if you don't have the time.

Here's one I did today. Dh wants me to get ready to go out for our Friday night date so I will be back tomorrow.
A Good Witch By Dollscrap

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Hi Chickies!!!
beautiful sunset pics jeannie!!!
Welcome Babigirl!!!
Terry, those martinis sound good!! Couple weeks ago campers made s'more shots!!! They were dangerously delicious!!! Vanilla marshmellow vodka, creme de cocoa...then around the rim of the glass hershey's syrup and crushed gram (sp?) ( there's suppose to be an "H" in there somewhere) crackers....I never knew such things existed!!!

No new upsets the past couple of days...have only a few campers this weekend, which in a way is nice. This week I took my time and got to relax a bit...and I took FULL advantage of it!...Now just waiting to see if coa-cola shows with a refund check....

Cathe... I've been getting up at 5:45 to get Hannah on the bus....but I confess....I slither back to bed once she off and gone! I'll stay there till 9:00, 9:30...

Only other news here is... my ATV is in the cellar all apart...I've been telling Wild Bill that there was something wrong for a while...front end seems to be slappin around. Well he checked my tires and said I needed new bushings...(rubber pieces which hold your tires to the swing arms) He pulled it apart to put in the bushings...and he found...I blew both front shocks, need new brakes, ball joints and ti-rods... Now he needs to order ALL these parts...and I'm out of commision till they come in and he does the work... Billy told me,...stop riding it like you stole it!!! Hey, he wanted me to learn...I learned! I like to push it...I'll admit... as a result,, I'm a good rider..and I get compliments from the guys all the time... Sometimes I take groups out on the trails to different spots. The guys are floored to find out they have to keep up with this ole lady!!!! HA! But funny, they always ask Bill to have me take them out...not him!

OK, done tooting my horn... Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening everyone!!

Welcome Babigirl. Please read the first page for our few "rules". We are a very laid back group and mostly ask that you leave love and not just dump and run.

Jo - It's good to toot your own horn once in a while. Good for you girl!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Thanks for all of the welcomes ladies

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good evening everyone!!

Welcome Babigirl. Please read the first page for our few "rules". We are a very laid back group and mostly ask that you leave love and not just dump and run.

Jo - It's good to toot your own horn once in a while. Good for you girl!!

Ok i read the first page so we can drop off projects to. Not just layouts

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrappin 2 Said:
Welcome Babygirl. Is that what we should call you?

I bought some modeling paste. good thing I had a coupon. Probably won't get to play with it until Monday. Did someone say I could add embossing powder to it? Maybe I should ask in the gerneral forum or find a you tube demo.

I hit two Michael's, Hobby Lobby and JA today. I sure wish we had a LSS though. There is not a Signo brand white gel pen anywhere. I've tried Inkessentials but I don't like it as well.

I'll bbl probably.

Sounds like lots of fun. Hope you had fun shopping

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Doll scrap i hope you have fun on your date

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to babigirl

here is some from me:

Ontario 1969 By Rockmom

Explore By Rockmom

Ontario 1969 By Rockmom

[

Edited by rockmom on 09-08-12 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

To answer Ashley, yes, that bg pp came printed like that.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Babigirl - Yes, you can drop projects off to. Our main thing is that if you drop off and expect love then in return to leave love for other's projects and layouts as well.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!! I am ACU to here and ready to enjoy the whole day by myself. It is a cool 64 here this morning with a breeze blowing. I have the front and back doors. I am sitting in front of an open window in my scraprom and it feels so GOOD to have a temp this cool for a change.

Have a great day!! I'll be back later to drop this off as I make them.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Babigirl - Yes, you can drop projects off to. Our main thing is that if you drop off and expect love then in return to leave love for other's projects and layouts as well.

K I don't mind doing that. That is not an is not a problems

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Cheryl I wish it was that cool here. It is so humid here. I am at work right now my head is hurting but that's like an everday thing

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Babigirl - Where do you live? I live in Western Kentucky.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a 2 pager:

Delightful By Cdjohnson

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-08-12 08:40 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!! I'm ACU here.

It's too gorgeous outside to stay inside and scrap. I can't remember the last day we had like today... probably in March or April. Have a great day everyone!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Vae

i live in virginia

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Jarvae - Where do you live? I agree that it is wonderful out today!! I am inside scrapping with my windows open and looking out at the birds eating from the feeder. I also received some scrap stuff in the mail today and can't wait to use it!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

I retook tha bad photo, No need to recomment on it.

Geologist By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh yeh its only 84 in Houston right now. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! and its supposed to be 64 for a low!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Good Morning.

Thanks Babigirl..dh and I did have fun on our date...we had drinks at our favorite watering hole with friends and then went to dinner with them..I had the best white clam chowder and a ceasar salad with french bread and butter...still full.

dd2 had to go to work today...11th day in a row...it was supposed to be her day off and she was so looking forward to it...today starts our town's Fall Festival and it is a beautiful clear sunny day...the festival is an art and wine and food fair with entertainment. The people we had dinner with last night have a beautifully restored 55 Pontiac that is entered in the car show there so we were all gonna go there and now poor Roni has to work again. Hopefully she will be off early enough to still make it to the festival. I have to go because I have to get my giant bag of Kettle Korn....a tradition.

My sister (Scrapkaty for the new ladies) is going to the Giants baseball game with her dh...wish I could go...they're playing their archrivals the Dodgers..should be a great game.

I am dropping one off and will leave love and get caught up on the rest of the chat when I get back later this afternoon..I think I'd better get showered and ready. I just now realized how late it's getting.

bbl...everyone have a great day.

Play Sisters By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off a tag:

moments By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Oh Jeannie, have some Kettle Korn for me. I love it! When we were in Alaska we got two bags to share with my brother and sister in law and my parents. Yummy Sittin' on the balcony wathcing the beautiful scenery and munching on kettle korn! Nothin' better!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off:

Love is a symbol of eternity By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off another:

enjoy life By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off another:

moments2 By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Hey hey!

Mmmmm...kettle Koran! I loveeee kettle korn. We used to buy a huge bag as tall as my son when he was 4 every time we went to Hershey Park

Just got home from work a lil while ago. Grabbed a glass of wine and we hung out in he hottub for a bit. Now I'm my lanai on my swing and gonna read for a bit. Will BBL to get caught up

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Donna - What is your favorite wine? I was hooked on Crane Lake Muscato for a while. This week I bought a new one that is made here at a local winery. It is called Paducah Blue. It is sweet, red wine. LOVE it!! In fact, I will be having a glass in a bit.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Fun Time By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Red Lake Gold Mine District By Rockmom

Family Vacation 1969 By Rockmom

I find it really strange I have no photos of this trip. Not sure if I just missed getting them or if there are no photos.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Donna - What is your favorite wine? I was hooked on Crane Lake Muscato for a while. This week I bought a new one that is made here at a local winery. It is called Paducah Blue. It is sweet, red wine. LOVE it!! In fact, I will be having a glass in a bit.

I love the barefoot moscato so good.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Babigirl - I saw that brand the other night when I was there. I may try it since you suggest it. Is it sweet or more dry?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

One more drop off for tonight:

Puppy birthday card By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Hi Babigirl! I know you have been here before, and very sorry, but I cannot remember your name.

Have a great day ladies!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I will probably do some more scrapping today. Need to go buy a pair of tennis shoes for Brayden before his birthday party this afternoon. I already have other gifts but needed his size.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Ahhhh-I love Sundays Perfect day to stay in and relax-it dark and rainy outside with a bit of thunder

Disregard my above post....I love kettle KORN-not kettle KORAN lol

Cheryl-right now my favorite is sweet red by Liberty Creek. I used to love Beringers white moscato...but they changed the recipe-its awful now. I love the white moscato they have in Olive Garden-I forget the brand but we can't find it in any store around here. I tried the Barefoot moscato...wasn't crazy about it.Its sweet...but not as sweet as other white moscatos. My hubby just bought a bottle of Sutter Home sweet white-haven't tried it yet. Oh oh...know whats delish? Chocovino! Especially the chocolate rasberry. Mmmmm chocolate wine

Well I am going to finish my coffee..then make some cards. Gotta make a birthday card for my sis and wanna make more Christmas cards

Have an awesome Sunday!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

I am so far behind!
HI everyone!
Welcome, babigirl!! Looking forward to seeing your projects.
DH and I went to the Giants game yesterday...(BEAT LA!)....but they didn't.....but everything else made for a perfect day at the park! Warm sunny weather, fairly good seats, pumped up fans, and the Giants...even though they couldn't pull off a win! We still had fun!
I'm going to print some photos today and maybe do a couple of itty bitty layouts...4x6.. I have the 7Gypsies photo carousel and it is about 75% full of layouts.....I've been using my scraps to create these "itty bitty" pages..
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Winos!!!!!

ACU on the love. behind on the chat.
dd1 and I enjoyed the street fair...forgot my camera..did get the kettle korn...and FOOD TRUCKS!!..there were like 10 of them...one from my dds fave seafood place which is too far to go regularly...she paid 17 bucks for lobster roll..which was basically a big DELISH lobster sandwich....I had a giro. We each got a glass of wine and sat in the shade and ate and people and dog watched..so many folks bring their dogs. I bought a little birdhouse too. I don't know what kind of wine I had...white..tasted like chablis..dd had red...she drank most of mine.

So today I feel like scrapping something with my G45 Christmas pps...but so many chores to be done....nah..gonna scrap. Cheryl I need some of you to rub off on me...you always seem to get your chores done.

I've never had kettle koran Donna...lol...the bag we got yesterday was fresh..we watch them make it and it was hot and so good..the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Denise, that sounded like a great way to enjoy your kettle koran..I mean korn.

Babigirl...my mom was a Virginian..lived around Quantico growing up....married my dad at 19 and moved out west after WWII. We traveled back there several summers.....HOT and HUMID!! lovely state...but sooooooo hot...spent all our time in the pool or sprinklers.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Donna - I love Sutter Home White Zinfandel!! Chocovino? Who makes it? I don't think I have ever seen it before. My son works at The Smoke Shop so he always tells me what wines are the best sellers. I have been giving some of them a try. I loved the Paducah Blue but it is $14 and only get 4 glasses out of it. I can get a big bottle of Crane Lake Muscato for $9 and get at least 8 glasses out of it.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Good morning!

Hi Babigirl! I know you have been here before, and very sorry, but I cannot remember your name.

Have a great day ladies!

It's Shatema it is not an easy name to remember

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good morning!! I will probably do some more scrapping today. Need to go buy a pair of tennis shoes for Brayden before his birthday party this afternoon. I already have other gifts but needed his size.

Is brayden your ds, dgs? I want to do some scrapping depends on what time the little one go to bed if not tonight def tomorrow.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Thanks for the welcome scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Babigirl - Brayden is my grandson. His birthday is not until Tuesday but today was the best day for his party for everyone.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

ScrapKathy I am glad you and your husband had fun that's great

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Yes the summers here are very very hot and humid. I spend most of the time inside

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Dropping off:

Birthday Cake Card By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Getting ready to watch Steelers vs. Broncos!! See everyone tomorrow evening.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cdjohnson

Cheraly plz plz pkz give me some of your mojo I need it

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to babigirl

Shatema- pretty name. It is nice knowing your given name.
I'm Cathe-married for almost 43 years. My husbands nickname is Rum. (first part of our last name, his friends called him that when i met him in college) We have 2 children a son Doug, a daughter Casey. both are married and each have a girl and a boy. I'm a retired Elem. teacher. I paper scrap.

Cheryl does get a lot done...but then she is younger than me. lOL

This is such a nice thread. You will enjoy it.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I am married but we are seprated probably heading for divorce but that's awhole another story. I have one daugther who is starting daycare tomorrow she is three years old

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-09-12 05:35 PM
In response to babigirl

Wow, looks like I am pretty far behind. I'm gonna catch up on chatting then go catch up on the love.

Cheryl, I live in McKinney, which is a bit north of Dallas. Yesterday we had the most gorgeous weather. I took a nice hour-long walk with my husband Rob. It's been so long since I've been able to be outside without nearly passing out. Today was warmer so I stayed in mostly.

Went to M's today to do a little shopping. I spent way more than I planned but they had Recollections at 50% off so I stocked up on sticker alphas, plus some other staples I needed. Then I ended up going BACK to M's because I decided I wanted a ball stylus to help me make some flowers. I can never find flowers in the right color of red for my wedding album, so I am just going to start making them.

Donna - Wine and a hottub... that sounds sooo nice. We sold our house last summer and moved to an apartment complex (thinking we would end up moving out of state to somewhere cooler, but then Rob got a good promotion at work so it looks like we're staying). Now we are looking at houses again and a hottub and a wine cellar are on our list of requirements. I prefer dry red wines - cabernet sauvignon and zinfandel (the dry, dark red) are my favorites right now.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-09-12 05:36 PM
In response to Vae

I have not been able to get any scrapbooking done this weekend. I suffer from overthinking things and I really do well when I have sketches to go on, but I haven't printed any that have 3-6 photos per page. So instead, I shopped!

I took an impromptu trip to a scrapbook garage sale Saturday morning. I didn't get there at opening, which is always a trade off. I like to be the first to look, but I also like the mid-day markdowns on the rest of the stuff.

I picked up quite a few things- a DCWV stack, a core-dinations stack, several loose papers including a few discontinued ones that I had been searching for online. Some stamps, flowers, lots of ribbon and lace (I'm obsessed with ribbon lately), typical stuff, as well as some staples that were real bargains. Two shopping bags FULL of stuff for only $30!

I leave for NYC for work tomorrow morning and won't be home until Thursday night. I am toying with the idea of taking some photos with me just so I can decide how I want to lay them out at least. I probably won't have much extra time there but we'll see.

Going to go catch up on love now

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Vae

Jarvae, $30 is a great price!

Worked on the yard yesterday and did a bit more this evening. Cleaned out the garden of old plants and ready to dress for our fall garden. The okra is still growing and producing and I have put up (frozen) 8 batches. I plan on planting lettuce, carrots, radishes, and green beans. I might plant more tomatoes too, we will see. Also got the weeds (mostly) out of the rock garden in the front yard. Set out 4 trash cans for pickup tomorrow morning. Oh watered the okra and my periwinkle too.

I've been looking at pinterest for recipes. Now I need to print them out and add ingredients to my shopping list.

Had lunch today at DD2's house with son and DDIL and two other families so the guys could watch the Texans on the big TV. DH took me to DQ after dinner this evening.

Need to think about what I want to accomplish tomorrow so I can stew on it a while.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to rockmom

Jarvae i always spend more then i intend when i go to get crafty suppilies

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

JCI and MMS

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all!
Dh and I ended up driving 2 hours to meet one of our dd's half way between our homes to collect her and her sister's golden retrievers. (our "grand dogs") We're going to have them for about 3 weeks. They are both well behaved dogs and we enjoy having them...They just love going to Grandma's and Papa's as we do tend to spoil them...so...they love it here!
BUT, I don't think my cat is as excited as we are that her "cousins" are visiting! She is very set in her ways...(who wouldn't be at 18 years old!.. although she does NOT act like one!) She'll just ignore them and hope they'll go away...

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning!

I was SO frustrated yesterday. My darn Cricut wasn't cutting right so I spent 2 hours trying to calibrate it-still couldn't get it to cut right. So today I have to call Provocraft and see if they can help over the phone. I sure hope I don't have to send it back.

I did make ONE card yesterday....a birthday card for my sis

Card for Nancy By DittoBabyGirl

I'm gonna finish my coffee then jump in the pool before it rains

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Thanks Shatema! Good to know your name. Hope the little one does well with her day care.

Edited by Anna C on 09-10-12 06:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning.

Katy next weekend we are going to dogsit our Granddog, Ozzie. Kitties never appreciate company. lol

Jarve: scrap garage? Is that the name of a store? I sure wish we had a LSS. We used to have two and now have none. Have to rely on M's. JA's and HL. Guess I should count my blessings that we have those. Have a good time in NY.

Hi to all. I'll bbl

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

So I called Provocraft and they are having me restore my Imagine. If this doesn't work they are gonna have to replace it. Good thing I saved the box! Keeping my fingers crossed that this works!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Good morning ladies!
Hi & welcome Shatema!
Donna--hope fixing it won't be a big deal! I hate that kind of stuff.
Ashlee--I know you are peeking in and I love your Junque Journal!
Katy--I also get to babysit the son's dogs. His little itty bitty cutie (all of 2 lbs) jumps and runs and has this abundance of energy. Last time she jumps on my new-ish dining room table and put 7 scratches in it. I had to walk away...!!!!
Jeannie -- was that you & Katy in those photos in your LO???

I'm off to finish up my 2nd LO--I do remember how to scrap!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Aw no, hope that does the trick Donna!

Katy, the grand dogs being good? How is the cat doing with them?

Have a good safe time in NYC, Jarvae.

YAY, Terry is scrappin!

I am with you Cathe, no LSS anymore. Sad.

I was so excited to see on the weather report today that there was not one 90 or 100 expected this week, just 88 and 89!!!!woooohooo

Page 2 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics