Username Post: Did my first page since June.....        (Topic#1580479)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Since we own a summer business ( motel and chalets ) and we have been soooo busy. Tonight I set up my stuff in the back room and scrapped a 2 page layout from a Disney trip.....felt so good.

How long was your longest between scrapping?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to PhotobearSam

Yay for having time to scrap again.

I took a several year hiatus when my kids were young and I didn't have the time to devote to it. Now I scrap almost everyday except when I am away from home or working on other projects like putting in the garden or paining the house.

Diva
In response to rockmom

Know the feeling!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-07-12 05:44 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

last fall when I broke my arm I couldn't scrap for months. It happened right in the middle of me making a book for my niece's wedding - my bff ended up doing all the cutting and sticking down at my direction so I could get it done.

Amazingly she is still my friend.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to GMFTS

Thats a keeper for sure Mary!!

I took a four year break from scrapping and just got back into it this year. I didn't realize how much I missed it!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

It's been several months since I've created a LO. I've been involved in swaps and card making, which leaves no time for taking care of all of the pictures I have.

Two months until my weekend scrapbook retreat. That will get me going for getting some LOs done.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

That reminds me - I have one next month (weekend scrap retreat)....my first!! I've got some questions, so me thinks me will start a thread....

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

Kim - that's exciting! I look forward to my retreat every year. This will be the 5th year and it's a blast.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-07-12 06:42 AM
In response to pugs223

I stopped in 2002 and then picked it back up this summer- so 10 years for me. I did 2 pages last year when I was going to try to get back into it, but then we ended up moving so I don't count that.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Kim - that's exciting! I look forward to my retreat every year. This will be the 5th year and it's a blast.

5th time - thats awesome!!
I'm definitely psyched!!! I went to my first expo this year and some friends and I made a weekend out of it. Even though I didn't plan on doing the crop there, I did and got to play with all the goodies I bought during the day. Too much fun

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Vae

I took a several year break because I was trying to finish my degree. Since completing that I have had more time to scrap.....when my kiddos aren't pulling me too much here and there for sports and other activities.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pamela.tx

Good to have you back and scrapping!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-07-12 07:30 AM

• PhotobearSam Said:
Tonight I set up my stuff in the back room and scrapped a 2 page layout from a Disney trip.....felt so good.

So nice

Lunie

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to pamela.tx

I have been working all summer, mostly two jobs plus mom-time,n unfortunately its been 5 or 6 months. I am craving some scrap time, but first I must organize/reorganize. {At least thats what I am telling myself.} The truth is, I just need to clear the space on the dining room table, where my scrap "room" is, n pick up where I left off. I am in the middle of my sons first bday party (he's now 4!) and would like to get the pages done. I have thousands of photos to do...and thousands of ideas. There are two scrapdays (9 am to 8 pm) coming up in my area in the nxt 2 months, but I am working both days n will miss most of the time. Have to decide if its worth it to go at 5 pm. There is also a retreat the first wknd in Nov, but I cant afford the time away from my family or $$ commitment. Maybe I can manage an afternoon there, though.

Chris

Edited by Juansmom on 09-07-12 07:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

I understand. I've been there done that with working and small children and family. It isn't easy.

I go to weekend crops quite frequently but they are close enough where I can come home to my husband at night. I like being with him and he likes me to be here so I will not stay at a crop overnight. BUt I love the crops and when everyone goes to their rooms about midnight - I just go home.

I go with a girlfriend who also likes to go home to her family at night so its nice to have her to drive back and forth with at the late hour.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Henri Jean

Henri Jean.......I will be in Port Charlotte FL from Dec to March.....If you hear of any crops, I would love to attend one and finally meet you. I feel like I know you since you show us all your wonderful trips.

and you also enabled me to buy not one but 2 garden carts for my scrap supplies....LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Two? I only have one garden cart!

Need to see where Port Charlotte is - we need to get together!

Do you have family there or a winter home? If its a winter home - I'm jealous!

There is an awesome crop at She Scrapbooks at the Villages - might be a drive for you but so worth it. Its from January 25-27. I'm not staying overnight but will be there all days.

This store is really good that is sponsoring it. The crop is at the hotel but I love this scrapbook store. The guest instructor for classes in Sept is Tim Holtz and the guest instructor in Oct is Theresa Collins.

They are having 4 crops next year and I've alreayd paid for all 4 of them becuase it is sometimes hard to get in.

They also have in-store crops one Saturday a month and that is excellent. It's about $15 - forgot exactly how much and includes a nice lunch and munchies all day. Soft drinks and things too.

We will be heading to Las Vegas sometimes in the spring and husband is getting itchy for another cruise alhtough with rental houses and two un-rented right now, just getting another and possibly putting an offer on another, we are tied here for the next month or so. I doubt we will leave until they are all rented.

Bill has been kind of looking at a November mediterranean cruise but I don't know - too many sea day and not enough port days. It leaves from Italy which we like but still - just don't know.

Two cruises (one 70 days and on 115 days) both leave early in January but right now those are out of our budget so unless price comes down on one of them I don't think we will be going.

I don't know how far Port Charlotte is from the Villages but if you want to go to that crop I think you would love it. Lots of make-and-takes although I bring the supplies home and put them in my scrapbooks. Yvonne, who teaches them is excellent but when she is through there is so much left to do on them (I'm slow on projects) that I don't get my scrapping done. She brings amazing projects to make though. Very talented lady.

The tables sit 4 and right now there are two - maybe three at our table. They are round tables and I wish they were bigger! But it's okay - I love these crops so much I deal with the small space.

There is a crop every month at the extension center in Ocala but that is going to really be quite a drive for you! But the one at She scrapbooks - ladies drive in from as far as Miami to attend!

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2

Great to hear you finally found some time again Samantha. My longest break has been after my dad died. I took care of my mum and after she died 18 months later it took me another year to get back into scrapping.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Yes, it's a winter condo for us as we are Canadians......We are 1/2 way between Sarasota and Fort Myers......

How much does the weekend cost?

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

looks like 3 hrs and 15 mins drive

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I think the weekend is $100.00. I got them for less since I bought all 4 for next year at once but seems it is $100.00. Includes make-n-takes and supplies for that and buffet Friday night and and snacks on Saturday. Not sure what other foods are included int he weekend retreats.

There alwyas M&Ms and nuts and that kind of things too.

I don't stay at the hotel so I don't know how the hotel package works.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Oohhh.........Do you have a link to a website for this......? I am very interested.....Sounds fun.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics