Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Please call in the National Guard,,,        (Topic#1580505)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

If you don't see me in 3 hours.

what started as a simple moving of a die cut station from one side of my scrap room to the other (twelve feet, I swear),,,has ended in a huge mess,,,,,,a huge re-organization project,,,,and I think I might truly suffocate under the piles of STUFF

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

Oh Holly, I don't live to far - a couple hours. If you get in serious distress just yell and I'll come dig you out from under all the nesties!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

It will take me a couple of days, but hold her down, Henri, then we can grab her collection of nesties and divvy them up between us...then we'll help rescue her We'll be nice and leave you a couple sets, Holly~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsdriver5

geez with these kindsa friends, who needs enemies

it's looking better, and it's only been an hour

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

LOL!!!! Ya'll funny!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to CrimsonMama

Oh no Holly is moving her Nestie Collection, don't hurt yourself. Now tell me the stamps aren't next.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to foltzy

you guys are way to funny. Hope you get your move done and don't get lost ! It's funny how moving one small thing can turn into such a huge project! Good luck!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to SandraB.

at least she's not cooking!!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to moxiegirl23

Here I thought you were warning us because you were starting up the stove or the grill...

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Here I thought you were warning us because you were starting up the stove or the grill...

Maybe she farted...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• angie girl Said:

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• mrsdriver5 Said:
It will take me a couple of days, but hold her down, Henri, then we can grab her collection of nesties and divvy them up between us...then we'll help rescue her We'll be nice and leave you a couple sets, Holly~Judy

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

This thread is cracking me up.

Happy organizing Holly!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pugs223

OK OK, no cooking cracks,,,,,,,geez, you burn down one little house and they never let you forget it

cooking is next!!!!! (after the stamps,,,,I just semi organized them, but I need more storage for them, so I have to go out and buy some!)

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

you have to go out and buy more stamps, Holly?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to foltzy

well, that goes without saying, silly girl!!! but I was speaking specifically of storage FOR the stamps

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

ooooh, Holly, I need your help identifying a stamp. I figured if someone would recognize it, it would be you. I'll take a photo of the item and let ya know when I upload it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'll do my best, Angie,,and if I don't know, someone will

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

What are you doing for the stamps?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to CorrieW

Holly you still doing ok there??

dont go hurting yourself with all them nesties. what did you count the other day like 50???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Briannasmom

it'll be sixty sets of dies when my new ones come in but those are single dies from Memory box

I only have my Justrite stamps organized for now,,,,the rest are in a big tote, stuck on the plastic they come in,,,,,or the wood block ones are in several drawers. sigh.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

If you take me to Disney, I'll come reorganize the whole lot for you

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to madmatter

oh Holly you crack me up girl!!!

you are the nestie QUEEN in my book

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh, I forgot the two photo boxes full of clear stamps I rarely use,,,

I will take you to disney anyway, Mad

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sounds like a plan Judy!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

it's almost done, but I just couldn't finish it today I am BEAT. tomorrow

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Are you having a mouse-cookie kind of day, Holly? You know....give a mouse a cookie.....and pretty soon that mouse has a whole new scraproom to play in!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

• Briannasmom Said:
Holly you still doing ok there??

dont go hurting yourself with all them nesties. what did you count the other day like 50???

50??? Henri, hurry and hold her down! If we let her keep 5 sets (and that would be really generous of us since we're going to be rescuing her!), that leaves 20 sets for each of us! Oh boy...I can hardly wait. Clear the roads from San Diego to Florida...I'm on a Mission of Mercy!~Judy

I kept reading...60 nesties? Stamps? I don't even want to go to Mouse World...I'm an Angel of Mercy (give me your nesties and no one has to get hurt...)

Edited by mrsdriver5 on 09-07-12 09:03 PM. Reason for edit: Edited to update my demands

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you guys are so funny,,,,,,I'd say 50 are nesties and 10 are other brands,,,,,and I want MORE,,,,,,,,,seriously, how sick is that?

yep, Jen,,,,,give a mouse a cookie and the next thing you know she has the cookie cabinet all torn to shreds!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I also have 16 different sets on my watch list,,I mean SERIOUSLY! sick! its a sickness I tell you! all you nestie watchers BEWARE!!!!!!!!! a year ago I had NONE,,,,,,,NADA,,,,,,,,ZI P,,,,,,ZILCH!!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

And as soon as I can get there, you'll be back down to 5 Hmmm...I wonder where I'll keep all my new nesties?~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

This thread is too funny! Well Holly with all your dies, you really thought you could do it in 3 hours???

Edited by anda11 on 09-08-12 06:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• CommaHolly Said:
you guys are so funny,,,,,,I'd say 50 are nesties and 10 are other brands,,,,,and I want MORE,,,,,,,,,seriously, how sick is that?

yep, Jen,,,,,give a mouse a cookie and the next thing you know she has the cookie cabinet all torn to shreds!

I seem to remember warning you they were addictive, you are brave to post your count online. I won't even tell DH how many I have. He could always count if he wanted to but I won't make it easy for him. He bought most of them as gifts so he knows I have a lot lol.

Btw don't feel bad about cooking ny sister once burned water.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CorrieW

I was indeed warned,,,,,by you and many others Corrie and I listened NAUGHT.

I will say that although there are many of the new ones I want,,,,I was rather shocked to see many sets that I just don't care for,,,,,,what's up with that?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

juAlright, now I am curious, just how many nesties do you have? And stamps for that matter?!

Never mind I see above, 60! I'm feeling lame. I have about 10 sets.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 09-08-12 10:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• CommaHolly Said:
I was indeed warned,,,,,by you and many others Corrie and I listened NAUGHT.

I will say that although there are many of the new ones I want,,,,I was rather shocked to see many sets that I just don't care for,,,,,,what's up with that?

That's what happens when you have so many you still like the newer ones but they are similar to ones you already have and therefore easier to resist. I have two sets of butterflies two more cherry Lynn sets. I like the new ones but not enough for another set.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

• mrsdriver5 Said:

Oh, that sounds like a plan!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SoonerT

Okay, since you are talking about Nesties and I'm looking to buy, which Nesties are a must have/used most by any of you?

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

• CommaHolly Said:
OK OK, no cooking cracks,,,,,,,geez, you burn down one little house and they never let you forget it

WAIT WHA??????????

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

WAIT WHA??????????

yeah, 1994, it was forever ago. Never cook on a gas stove and fold laundry on the counter next.

NEVER.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:
Okay, since you are talking about Nesties and I'm looking to buy, which Nesties are a must have/used most by any of you?

most used: basic shapes,,,,,circles, ovals, squares,,,,I need rectangles,,,,i have long rectangles, but I need regular ones,,,,

Most loved: ANY of the labels and motifs,,,,and the snow flake pendants,,,

Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

omg, I forgot these,,,,,,,some of my ABSOLUTE favorites,,,,,

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Now you're making me want the snowflakes. I have an idea for a Christmas card using them.

I have 1 set of Nesties still. Just label 1 which I love. Having a difficult time deciding what should be next. LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to foltzy

the snowflake is nice, but it's large,,,,,I want some smaller flakes too

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Okay Judy, how do you want to divide them up? We need to get there before Holly digs out from under them herself. Then we are out of the game. Drive faster!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I think I need a safe next.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I don't think we are going to get them Judy - she's on to us.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

amateurs

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Oh oh Henri...we've been faced with a challenge! You all should no better than to have a throw-down with two 60-something grannies. We have tricks up our sleeves that you young'ns don't even know about. Henri...find a place for your new nesties and let's rumble!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm a 40 something grannie

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

40 something? A child granny. Not even on the charts! An infant in grannydom!

Let's go Judy.

I've cleared a nice big spot for my new nesties.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Oh, my goodness! You all are sure giving me a chuckle tonight!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to flintridgescrapper

ok, ALMOST 50! but I refuse to acknowledge it until I absolutely HAVE TO,,,,,

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

I have been so SICK!! I have no idea what I caught but I don't ever want to experience this again!!! Random I know but y'all have me cracking up!!!!!!!! Needed a little scrap humor!!!!!(:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to res19s2d

Holly is the one being funny. She thinks she can keep her nesties from us street-smart grannies.

Almost 50? Still no contest!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I'm half-way between 60 and 70! You're an infant, Holly...you're around the same age as my oldest daughter and I can still whoop her (if she'll let me). Yeah, Henri and I are mean and tough. I guess if I'm going to get to Florida sometime I should leave San Diego, right? You'll have all the good stuff hidden by the time we get there. You really should treat your elders better ~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

you guys are hysterical!!

holly--maybe if you offer to pay them off in nesties (there have got to be some you would part with under duress?!), they won't come and raid your favorites

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

What Judy said.

What do you think Judy? SHould we settle for payoff in Nesties?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I was kinda looking forward to a chance to rumble and for a trip to Florida, but nesties...that was our goal to begin with!...oh, and of course to help poor Holly who was stuck in her cleaning dilemma. Yeah, that's it...we were going to help. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I have a feeling all nesties are Holly's favs

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'll die fighting for my nesties don't come between a girl and her nesties!!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

That's kind of what I was afraid of

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

And that is the truth Judy. I was in on it from the beginning and that is exactly how it happened.

Our motives were most honorable.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We were just offering to help Holly! Dig you out - save your life at the same time. THen for our granny efforts, split the bootie.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I think you have all inspired me because I just ordered the star nesties because I"m on hold on my Herman's Hermits layout until the arrive on Thursday. I also need to get a photo printed in 5 x 7 - may run out and do that today.

I don't like scrapping out of order so I will probably take a 4 day break from scrapping and do laundry and clean my house!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

• CommaHolly Said:
I also have 16 different sets on my watch list,,I mean SERIOUSLY! sick! its a sickness I tell you! all you nestie watchers BEWARE!!!!!!!!! a year ago I had NONE,,,,,,,NADA,,,,,,,,ZI P,,,,,,ZILCH!!!!!

Holly, it is only a sickness if you think it is wrong. I think it is just a garage full of tools. Gotta have what you need in order to complet a project.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

I am pretty sure Holly is one smart cookie. I have heard of her tales of raising teens. Grannies are no match for 14 year old hormone driven teens that seem to take forever to grow up. This woman will wear you down!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

I remember the teen years too but they were my favorite years. I loved raising teens! They were so much fun and were just awesome to relate too. We were super close when mine were teens.

How special it was when my oldest got his first job - bagger in a grocery store and when he got his first paycheck he said, "Mom, I'm taking you to a movie."

Yep - my favorite times with my kids were when they were teens and dating. I always waited up when they were on dates and they came home and we sat and talked about an hour after each date about where they went and whether they liked the girl and were going to ask her out again. Its was the best mother-son time - at midnight when they got home from their dates.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I just picked up romantic rectangles Holly ... I haven't been able to find floral ovals locally yet, but it's at the top of my wish list. I also recently picked up Wonderful Wings, which is absolutely beautiful.

I don't have Grand Calibur so I have no use for any of the Grand Nesties (Thank G-d).

The rest of my current wish list is:

Bitty Blossoms
Exquisite Circles
Decorative Labels One
Marvelous Squares
Resplendent Rectangles

oy

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Holly if you come organize my magnolia and other stamps I'll share some of my Magnolia's with you

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
I just picked up romantic rectangles Holly ... I haven't been able to find floral ovals locally yet, but it's at the top of my wish list. I also recently picked up Wonderful Wings, which is absolutely beautiful.

I don't have Grand Calibur so I have no use for any of the Grand Nesties (Thank G-d).

The rest of my current wish list is:

Bitty Blossoms
Exquisite Circles
Decorative Labels One
Marvelous Squares
Resplendent Rectangles

oy

the last three on your list are also on my list,,,not sure how I feel about bitty blossoms yet,,,,but the exquisite circles bore me

try M's for the floral ovals,,,,mine JUST got them,,,,if you can't find them, let me know, I can try and pick them up for you and mail them out using a 40% off coupon

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Holly if you come organize my magnolia and other stamps I'll share some of my Magnolia's with you

Now see,,,,,,,when you offer to SHARE, the I want to share too

will share nesties!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I'll let you know Holly ... thnx

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

any time!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh, and you NEED the grand nesties,,,,,,,makes FABULOUS mini books!!!!!!! battin' lashes,,,,

Patriotic Mini By CommaHolly

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Holly, maybe you could just move to Colorado and live next to me. Your mini book makes me want to go and make one. That is one beautiful mini.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• CommaHolly Said:

the last three on your list are also on my list,,,not sure how I feel about bitty blossoms yet,,,,but the exquisite circles bore me

try M's for the floral ovals,,,,mine JUST got them,,,,if you can't find them, let me know, I can try and pick them up for you and mail them out using a 40% off coupon

Is your Joann's still allowing coupons to be used on dies, then? Lucky.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Probably not. It's a nationwide thing. She said M's.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Holly that is gorgeous! Makes me want the grand nestles. Quit it!! Quit it now!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SherylEb

I only have one set of the grands,,,,,,,but I NEED MORE!!!!! thank you for the mini love! It was a special pleasure to create because it was for a brand new American citizen.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• angie girl Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Probably not. It's a nationwide thing. She said M's.

Wow, you're right, I completely didn't notice that. Disregard my post, then.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to aquabunny

I wasn't aware of the new J's rule,,,,,,,thanks for letting me know! I did try and buy some online one night and it wouldn't let me use the online coupon, so that makes sense,,,,,,

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I have no reason to go to J's anymore unless the Nesties are on sale for the week ... I hardly buy anything else there

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

I like J's for lace by the yard,,,,,,and not much else lately. Sometimes stamps,,,,they have stamps and inks on sale frequently, but J's is usually an afterthought after I visit M's,,,,,it's right around the corner. I wouldn't make a special trip for it, I can tell you that,,,

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

We don't have a big selection of craft stores, so I end out going to J's or one of the three Michaels, but online shopping at J's...I have about $400 in my cart right now and can't figure out what to weed out. They have such good sales on scrapping supplies most of the time. In fact it makes it frustrating for in-store shopping because I can't find any regular priced items I want to buy so I can use a coupon. I'm near Mike's often, so check in there from time to time, but I do LOTS of online shopping at the sb store and J's. They usually carry different things, so I can get some of everything! (I wish...where's the Publ. Clearinghouse guy when a gal really needs him?)~Judy

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Holly, maybe you could just move to Colorado and live next to me. Your mini book makes me want to go and make one. That is one beautiful mini.

I think she needs to move somewhere between us so it is easier access for both.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SoonerT

I go to JoAnns online but have bought most of my supplies from Amazon, lately.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SoonerT

I buy a lot from Amazon too.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to SoonerT

Holly - are your nesties still safe from the other grannies?

I am obsessed with HL. Js and Ms on occasion however I try to avoid As because they tend not to run the deals the others do and I would totally go broke if I frequented that store. I love sb.com and bought way too much paper from here a while ago when it 10 cents.

I think I am outgrowing HL though since I can walk down the paper pack aisle and say "got that" to almost every one. I'm so happy they are getting Bo Bunny, Graphic 45, Echo Park and some other lines in there though.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Oh and I have all of those stores plus Tuesday Morning, Big Lots, and TJ Maxx all within 1 mile of work. Yes, my lunch hours can get expensive.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pugs223

we JUST GOT a HL here,,,,,and I'm in love,,,,,,they don't have everything, but they have much better paper than J's, that's for sure,,,love their ribbon,,,,but their selection of clear stamps sucks, IMHO. Lots of great wood block stamps,,,,,but one tiny little wall of clear stamps,,,,,they did have some G45 cling stamps I want though!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Got triple locks on the nesties, Peg

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to pugs223

I agree on HL, it seems that I have been walking down the paper aisle and saying the same thing you are for over 2 years. J's has a huge selection online but seems like a lot of it is out of stock. Lucky for me....or unlucky....M's and J's are quite a ways off so I don't get to them often. I like sb.com, too but haven't shopped it much lately.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to SoonerT

Judy~I can tell you that the publ. clearinghouse guy is not at my house! But after he stops at yours, can you please send him this way?!?! Thanks. Then I would buy all my fake friends some nesties.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

LOVE that plan Angie ... shall I send you my wish list?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

LOL! I have one of new art bin holders for the nesties almost full and none of my grands are in it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

I was shocked at how small that artbin was,,,,,I thought it was much bigger, but I saw it at HL the other day and it's small,,,I like the idea in theory, but when you're creating like crazy, and dies are flying, how do you know you HAVE them all when you put them away? some of my sets have 4 dies,,,,some five,,,,some six and several have 11 or 12 dies,,,,,I like keeping mine WITH the original package so I know how many dies I'm looking for when it's time to clean up,,,,

admittedly, though, I am a messy scrapper

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

As long as you don't scrap next to the stove while cooking, mess away!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

are you kidding? RISK MY PAPER????????????

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics