Username Post: October~December Secret Sister Swap ACTIVE AND CLOSED        (Topic#1580621)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Sassy Suzi

Rebecca- great los - I left you lots of love!

Sandra - pm me your email address and I will send you the instructions for the trifold. They are not totally clear but good enough I think!

Here is my swing-fold card - copied from a sweet card Rosita sent me!

Christmas card - swing fold By RachelUK

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Trisha I hope your ,mom is okay hun... Just breathe and relax don't stress things will work out they always do

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Charisma3103

Linz, that is so funny!!! I've done that on a small basis. Like they're on my head or something, but never on such a grand scale. LOL!!! Didn't you find it curious that you could actually 'see' to call your hubby? That cracked me up!!!!

Great pages Rebecca.

Delaina's been asking me about a retreat too. Only she wants to go to that place we went to last time. I really liked it there too. But I'll go anywhere. If I can spend time with my favorite ladies I don't care where it is.

Pinkerific
Tenant
Pinkerific
In response to Deb-doodle

Hello to my little sister - I am so glad you enjoyed your goodies and hope they can be of good use to you.

I love the stories and am glad to hear that your family spoils you as you deserve. I am sure you do the same back.

Big Hugs to you my dear.

Pinkerific
Tenant
Pinkerific
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
I'll take some of the quiche and the pudding - the rest of it you can keep

I made chocolate brownies - my first time ever -- and they turned out pretty good. A little too squidgy possibly, but it seemed like an ok-fault with brownies!

Yum Yum Yum - brownies are my total weakness.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Pinkerific

Pink when one of my boys does something super sweet, I tell him he is my favorite...at the moment. Cuz a mama can't really have a favorite right?
Rachel insurance...maybe I will check into that. I am still waiting for the repair man to come and check it out.
As for your awesome cards, when I tried them a year or so ago, I watched utube videos. They were very helpful.
Trisha please let us know how you and your mom are doing.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sandra I am praying that your dd and dgd are safe and check in with you soon.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

Hi ladies. I just wanted to let you know that Delaina is hosting a negative space challenge. I love the look of her pages but can't seem to achieve that look so I'm going to give it a whirl. Here's the link to the challenge.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

checking in from Houston. We will be closing soon... getting ready for the walk through now.

My Mom is doing better today. They gave her a blood transfusion last night and are checking for internal bleeding today. If all goes well she can go home this evening or tomorrow. I was up at 4 this morning heading to H. I am catching a flight right back to Dallas after closing so i can be with her.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-14-12 09:41 AM
In response to TrishaLouise

OH my goodness, Trisha.... Hope your momma is on the mend shortly.
Is it a long flight?
I have a conference in San Antonio in December. Should be interesting.

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:28 AM
In response to tinadn

Oh My!!!! I hope everyone is having a BETTER day today!!!!! Sorry to have read about ALL the bad news!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:31 AM
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
Well... I wanted to Thank the beautiful Rebecca!!! For letting me know that Michaels has a new Smash Book line... ALL HELLO KITTY!!! I went and got a 'few' things... I contained myself!!!! I love it all!!!!

Only a few things??? When I saw it I was sure you'd buy out the whole line!!!

Oh... I wanted too!!!! But I was being a GOOD girl that day!! Paying for Selena's new braces and contacts... but a damper on my HK spending LOL

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:32 AM

Rebecca.... I'm LOVEN' your new LO's!!!

Sandra... great cards!!!

Rachie... LOVE the tri-fold card... AWESOME!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:35 AM
In response to 888

Miss Doodles .... tell John is NOT required to have tattoos if you own a Harley .. LOL I know PLENTY of bikers that don't have any.

Look at me... I'm NOT a biker and have TONS of them!!! I'm just what my hubby calls.... 'Fender Candy"

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:35 AM

• TrishaLouise Said:
checking in from Houston. We will be closing soon... getting ready for the walk through now.

My Mom is doing better today. They gave her a blood transfusion last night and are checking for internal bleeding today. If all goes well she can go home this evening or tomorrow. I was up at 4 this morning heading to H. I am catching a flight right back to Dallas after closing so i can be with her.

Oh Sweetie, I'm praying for you Mom!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:36 AM
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Sandra I am praying that your dd and dgd are safe and check in with you soon.

Me too Sandra!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:37 AM
In response to 888

Tina N .... how are you feeling these days? I think of you often!

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:37 AM
In response to 888

Miss Pink ..... Love ya girlie!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 11-14-12 11:38 AM
In response to 888

Victoria.... OMG.... those cards that you have been making ...... THOSE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLIPPING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
Mackenzie or one of the other girls?

It was Mackenzie...she likes me again...for a day or so anyways...score one for ME!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Miss Pink ..... Love ya girlie!!!

You too!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Lindz...that is so something I would do!!!!

Suzette...don't laugh about leasing kids...just lease one and the laughter will stop, I promise!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Deb-doodle Said:
Pink is it your birthday today? Seems like you are Queen Pink tonight. Lucky lady and I know you deserve to be spoiled. So do I, but nobody's here doing it. LOL!!! Which of the darling girls bought you cookies. How sweet. That's truly adorable. I deserve cookies too, but nobody here to do that either. Maybe living alone isn't as much fun as I thought it was!!

Rachel, thank you so much for the instructions. Ihaven't looked at the email yet but I will soon.

Sandra, I hope the best for your daughter and grand daughter. If she did go back I know you'll be disappointed but you just have to let them make their own way.

I just finished hours of paperwork so I'm ready to hit the hay and relax for awhile. Maybe watch some Walking Dead in my cozy bed. Hey, that rhymes. LOL! Good night ladies. Tomorrow isn't the 13 anymore so I hope you have a better day.

No, it is not my birthday...I think I'm in such an awful mood, the kids are being nice to me out of self preservation more than anything else. And Dan knows the drill...

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Trisha, I hope your mom is okay. Why did she need transfusions. Or bleeding internally? That sounds really scary!!

Pink, I say, 'If you can train them, they're keepers.' I'll be in a bad mood for cookies!!! Now maybe is the time to spring on Dan that you need a Florida vacation.....

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou

Trisha, hope your mom is feeling better...

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to LinzLou

JCI

My suspicions were correct, my daughter went back to her ex. I'm so worried about the girls, very worried. As for my daughter, I just want to shake her, and shake her hard. I'm going to do tough love with her AGAIN. Will it ever sink in?

LINZ - I make an non-alki Trifle at Christmas. When I lived at home I'd make one to take to my auntie's house on Boxing Day, now that was one huge Trifle, and back then it had sherry in it.
When making the Beef Stew do you Oxo cubes or Bisto gravy granules?
Congratulations on the money win!!! I would be an excellent bowler if points were scored for gutter bowls.
JUST INCASE YOU CAN'T READ THIS. WHERE ARE YOUR GLASSES AT THE MOMENT? Sorry, I had to tease you.

NIKILYNN - For all this year has thrown at you, I'm proud of you, you're a strong, strong lady, bravo!!!

TRISHA - How is your Mum feeling?
Did the closing go as planned?

TINADN - Mince Pie (hamburger pie), I've not had it in years. Now I need to make one for dinner, well not tonight, tonight it's toasties and soup, maybe tomorrow night, yup dinner tomorrow night is solved!!

KIMBERLY - Regarding the blood tests, I hope the results are good news for you

ACU2H

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to sasload4

Edward, Jacob, me, the other hotties and the girls here right now and making cards.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Kimberly threatened to ship 2 of her kiddies to me. I said I'd just write "return to sender" on them and send them back. Unless Rebecca or someone else wants them - then send me your addy and I'll do "please forward" instead lol

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

LOL! Rebecca has volunteered for a lease program...I can't wait to have a buy-it-now option at the end of the lease...which will be in very small print and in very difficult to understand language...I'm thinking of putting it in latin!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Deb-doodle Said:
Trisha, I hope your mom is okay. Why did she need transfusions. Or bleeding internally? That sounds really scary!!

Pink, I say, 'If you can train them, they're keepers.' I'll be in a bad mood for cookies!!! Now maybe is the time to spring on Dan that you need a Florida vacation.....

I agree 100%!!!! If they are not trainable, you might as well give up!

I may need to do that Florida vacation thing though...you know you are one of my very favorite vacation locations!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Well, van is out of commission for a while so we are looking at other options for now. Wish us luck and a good deal!

My new iphone came today and I've spent all day trying to get it back like my old one with all the stuff saved on it. That's the only part I hate about a new phone!

Have a great day all of you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

My suspicions were correct, my daughter went back to her ex. I'm so worried about the girls, very worried. As for my daughter, I just want to shake her, and shake her hard. I'm going to do tough love with her AGAIN. Will it ever sink in?

LINZ - I make an non-alki Trifle at Christmas. When I lived at home I'd make one to take to my auntie's house on Boxing Day, now that was one huge Trifle, and back then it had sherry in it.
Congratulations on the money win!!! I would be an excellent bowler if points were scored for gutter bowls.
JUST INCASE YOU CAN'T READ THIS. WHERE ARE YOUR GLASSES AT THE MOMENT? Sorry, I had to tease you.

NIKILYNN - For all this year has thrown at you, I'm proud of you, you're a strong, strong lady, bravo!!!

TINADN - Mince Pie (hamburger pie), I've not had it in years. Now I need to make one for dinner, well not tonight, tonight it's toasties and soup, maybe tomorrow night, yup dinner tomorrow night is solved!!

ACU2H

Thank you so much! I'll let you all know at a later date how things are turning out.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Sandra...you might have already said, but what is up with the EX? Very bad news, I gather. Your family is in my prayers!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I forgot to mention my bad day...
I thought I could smell something hot, went to my clothes dryer and smoke was pouring out of it and the behind it.Took clothes out. They stink and are probably ruined. I load of jeans too, so expensive. We unplugged the dryer and waiting for the repairman. Debating on hitting the laundry mat tomorrow:(
Nothing compared to car repairs or hospital visits, but thought I'd share.

My dryer died too, new one is being delivered tomorrow. What a week for us all!

note to self page 100

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

My dishwasher died a while back, and the new one is being installed in the morning.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies sorry i have not been on. Life has been crazy'

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Kimberly it's true and I love hearing all of your stories actually made me think about having another one if i find a man worth having a baby by. It might do keke well to have a sister or brother but I have a long time before that will ever happen

Awwww, Shatema! I think you will find a great guy and Keke will LOVE being a big sister when the time comes! And never say "it will be a long time before that will ever happen"...every single time I've said that, I had a baby in 6-9 months (had three preemies...so I never even got the whole 9 months to get ready!)

That is very true. I just meant I am not looking for anyone. I need time to heal.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Kimberly it's true and I love hearing all of your stories actually made me think about having another

too funny...every time I read one of her stories I thank heavens for contraception lmao

from personal experience, don't reley on contraception!

I agree i was on the pill when i got pregnant

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
Hi Nikilynn, By Nikilynn. LOL!!! You were here and gone while I was still reading posts.

Pink you are a fantastic Mom!!! Not one of us can keep our eyes on our kids 24/7 much less 7 of them. And I'll tell you, I don't think a lease idea is a bad thing. My parents had one for my sister when she was little and people used to look at them like they were aliens, but in reality they are a huge safely precaution!!!They only used it in huge crowded places like theme parks and zoos but I for one think they are a good idea.

I laughed out loud reading this because you said your parents had a LEASE for your sister...I'm thinking that might be the way to go...lease these kids out to other people! I think leasing them out might just be a better idea than putting them on a leash!

I will take one please lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Sandra I work in a level 2 so no its not a max security. They go to other prisons.

My uncle is not doing well this week his white blood count is low so he could not get his treatments this week thanks for asking

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Hi all! Just got back from bowling and I bowled a 612 (191, 213, 208) and won some money too!! No wonder there's going to be an eclipse tomorrow...LOL

Rachel- Love the tri-fold card...We had class at work on that but I didn't take it cuz I had to work... And, if you ever need that tacky tape, we sell it at my work and I can get the 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2".

Winning money is always nice

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

start on page 98

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-14-12 08:46 PM
In response to babigirl

God Bless - November Card 20 By Vawm

Rachel, thanks for the inspiration!

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora
In response to Doras_sister

Woohoo Big Sis!

Thanks so much. I cannot believe STILL all the goodies you gave me last month. I used a bunch already. LOVED it!
Dora

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora

Trisha, I hope your mom gets better fast. She'll be in my prayers.

Deb.....a negative space challenge. How cool is that? No guts here, so will be watching how it goes.
Dora

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to grandmadora

Okay Rachel and Victoria I want directions for both thos cards please... The trifolds

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
Kimberly threatened to ship 2 of her kiddies to me. I said I'd just write "return to sender" on them and send them back. Unless Rebecca or someone else wants them - then send me your addy and I'll do "please forward" instead lol

Maybe you can lease a couple in May. One for a ring bearer and one for a flower girl. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

I agree 100%!!!! If they are not trainable, you might as well give up!

I may need to do that Florida vacation thing though...you know you are one of my very favorite vacation locations!

It would be so much better now. I have the whole house to myself!!! Girls gone wild!!! LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Shatema, I hope your uncle feels better.

Pink, I hope you get a vehicle soon. Are you getting yours fixed or getting something else? A new engine's not cheap, but if it's payed off that might be the best way to go. If the rest of it is in good shape.

I'm waiting for my Durango to go. Poor girl has almost 240,000 miles on her. But she's still beautiful and still runs like a charm. (Knock wood) I'm really good about keeping her service up though. And goodness know's I can't afford a new one right now.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Rachel, I was going to ask for the link to the video, but I just saw that you included it. You rock!! Thank you so much!!!!

Edited by Deb-doodle on 11-15-12 05:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou

Today is Twilight Day! I am off with my fellow Twihards for the marathon! It'll be a long day (and night) but it's so worth it! 12.5 hours of Edward Cullen....

Let me clean up my drool!

Edited by LinzLou on 11-15-12 05:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

ACU2H

Mom always used Bisto and I've done the same. I can just never get it to taste like hers.....

Oh, and my glasses are on my face.... (It's Twilight day and I need to be able to see my boyfriend Edward (cough) on the big screen.... LOL

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to LinzLou

Have a great time Linz!! It's nice to get to watch all the movies together.

Okay ladies. I guess I'd better be off to work. It's a dreary day today. Might even need a jacket.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Maybe you can lease a couple in May. One for a ring bearer and one for a flower girl. LOL!!

ha! not that I'm going to use either one of those things, but if so I have ringerbearer (nephew) and flower girl (bff's daughter) but thanks anyway lol

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

I'm taking my boys to see Breaking Dawn part 2 next Tuesday on cheap day they want to see it they have seen all of them with me

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-15-12 08:04 AM

I got my directions at Split Coast Stampers

Basically you need a 12 inch by 5 1/2 inch piece of cards stock. Place in horizontally on a score pal (or other) and score at 2, 4, 8 and 10 inches.
Flip to vertical and cut 1 1/2 inches from each long side between the 2 and 10 inch score. Those are the cuts.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning!

My Mom is doing good. Turns out she has a couple of bleeding ulcers. The transfusion helped bring her iron and cell count back up. They are sending her home sometime today!

Closing went well and I have a home I need to pick paint colors so our GC can paint and get started on my to do list. I thought I was going to miss my flight last night but I ended up making it.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hola muchachas!!
Just wanted to quickly check in and let you know I'm still here! Alive (barely) and kicking. I've been so sick the past week! It started off as a cough and now it's a cold. The cough is the worst at night. I wake up in a coughing got and almost throw up! It was so bad last night that dh slept on the couch!!!

Anyway in doing better than I was a couple of days ago. Hopefully I'll be back later (if I don't end up taking more NyQuil) to comment in all your happenings.

Hope everyone is having a better Thursday than you did Tuesday.

Hugs!!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
Good morning ladies. I'm off to work here shortly. I've got to show this new girl how to do windows again. LOL!!! I'll work with her all day to make sure she's got it down.

Nikilynn, you were on for awhile last night. I went to bed early. sorry I missed you. Don't you love the picnic basket idea. I forgot about that until recently. I struggle everytime someone gets married on what to get them. I'm just not sure you can get those nice baskets anymore. I think I got that one at Belks, Dillards, Penney's, one of those big department stores.

i love that idea. I will have to remember it

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
Go ahead, scream Shatema! Throw bits of pieces of paper in the air and run around screaming "weeeee weeeeeee weeeee". I promise you, you will feel great. It might not be till after they let you out of the psych ward, but you WILL feel better!

I might have to try that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
I got a laugh out of imagining someone giving me cleaning supplies. It would have to be someone who is either delusional, or has wishful thinking, to imagine that I'd actually use them! lmao

I think that cleaning supplies would be great for you...along with some baby bottles, baby blankets, you know....all the stuff you LOVE!!! I adore you Tina!

P.S. I know where you could get a big weiner!

Oh she is going to get you.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:
Go ahead, scream Shatema! Throw bits of pieces of paper in the air and run around screaming "weeeee weeeeeee weeeee". I promise you, you will feel great. It might not be till after they let you out of the psych ward, but you WILL feel better!

Yep, that psych ward vacation might just be what she needs. Personally I think screaming can be a good thing.
I have a post-it for my door that says "Dr. Crabby". When I have had enough, I put it up and people know to steer clear with the questions until a different time. We all reach our limit sometime.

Love the post it note.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

Trisha sorry about that day. How is your mom doing. I am praying

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to babigirl

Wishing you all a great day!
Having an awesome day Twilight Marathon while scrapping!!
Then Breaking Dawn 2 at 10:00am tomorrow.
Best of all its with my BFF!!, My neice Danyel!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Real quick.... here is a picture to the start of my new sleeve... the beginning!!!!

The start to my new sleeve By Nikilynn

That is awesome i love it

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

It must be the day for the poop to hit the fan.
My daughter left the house with my DGD this morning with her shocking pink suitcase, and I've no idea where they are. Called everyone I know and no luck locating them. I'm not so worried about my daughter, but my DGD is sick.

TRISHA - What a [email protected] about your day. I hope your Mum gets good news, and that the closing goes well and you'll be back at your Mum's bedside soon.

SHATEMA - Go ahead, SCREAM, HOLLAR, YELL, GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT, look I'm even cheering you on Hope you feel better now?

I'm dropping off a mini bomb of cards I made. I'm in a card swap and I'm did adult male Birthday cards.

TFL

GOLF theme Birthday card - HAPPY BIRTHDAY By Sasload4

GOLF theme - BIRTHDAY WISHES By Sasload4

GOLF theme Birthday card By Sasload4

GOLF theme Birthday card - Swing Into Birthday Cheer By Sasload4

GOLF theme Birthday card - HAPPY BIRTHDAY By Sasload4

May today end on a better note for those of us that need it.

Sandra I love the cards. Do you know where your granddaughter is?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
Trisha...oh I'm so sorry your day is so awful! I am thinking about you and your mom and saying a prayer for her too!

I agree that today is awful though too! Our van's motor blew up today and we had to have it towed and now I don't have a car. It is going to be a big expense to fix and to top it off, it broke down 45 minutes from our home and we had all the little kids with us who had a WONDERFUL time waiting on a tow truck. It was a fun-filled day here too! WEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It really was one of those days. I hope you can get the van fixed.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

Kimberly i think i will pass on the psych ward after seeing AHS

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

Hi Shatema!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Charisma3103 Said:
Okay Rachel and Victoria I want directions for both thos cards please... The trifolds

If you pm me your email address, I am happy to send you the sheet of directions for the trifold. I already sent them to Debs and Sandra - so we will see their creations any day now!

I have also had fun doing the swing-fold, and today, the triangle fold cards. I will post that latter one tomorrow when its light enough to take a photo!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I have just come back from sorting out my mum's house for the last time. It is now all empty (apart from some folding chairs that my sister wanted) and all the cleaning stuff which we suddenly discovered under the sink! She is going to pick it up tomorrow.

I stayed with my sister last night. Her son was in the room next to me, and had his tv on until 02.50. In the end I looked at my phone, saw I had his number, and sent him a text saying 'please could you turn it down?'! He did, immediately, and said 'So sorry'!

This morning I went to see my mum. I called in at a LSS first (we dont have one anywhere near home, so this was a real treat). I can tell you that the treat of going there was my reward for my mum being...a bit of a nightmare.

The staff greeted me with the fact that she was refusing to have a shower. Her room was so staggeringly hot I could barely breathe, and it was absolutely STINKY! She has a bladder infection, but refused to let the nurse take her bloods this morning. She refused to get dressd and had a nightie on with a skirt underneath. She had been throwing food on the floor and I had taken her a couple of the brownies I had made - she started to spit the nuts on the floor till I yelled at her.

If ever I needed a reminder that I would be unable to deal with her if she was living with me, then that was it. I was so grateful to the staff!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

So Trisha, everything is coming up roses now. That's good!!

Imelda, I hope you're feeling better soon. It's great to see you back!!!

Rachel,yeah, I don't think you could cope with your mom at your house. Don't ever feel guilty about it!!!

I'm home from work finally and exhausted. Just scarfed down a bowl of soup. I wish I had some bread for a sandwich to go with it, but oh well. I'm off to make my nephew a birthday card.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

Tina that really stinks about the clothes.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Pink that is so sweet what ya daughter did.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

Poor Imelda, hope you feel better soon!

Deb I could make you a chicken sandwhich. I made the chicken in the crockpot earlier. Do you want lettuce, tomato and mayo on it?

Trisha glad things are looking up!

Oh Rachel, do hang in there! Sounds like you should have been entitled to buy out the LSS to make up for putting up with your mum.

I have been very emotional and vulnerable today. Seems like Murphy (you know the, if it can go wrong it will, Murphy's law guy) has moved into my spare bedroom!! My new dryer was delivered this morning, turns out new dryers require a different electrical hookup than we have which means buying another part, hiring an electrician to put it in and rescheduling the dryer delivery and more trips to the Laundromat! Oh joy! I know that this is just a small annoyance but it's been that kind of week and I am warn down.

I am off to bed now. I trust that things will look better in the morning.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-15-12 10:14 PM

Sleep well Rebecca, I am sure things will be brighter in the morning!

baingl
baingl 
Veteran
baingl
In response to vawm

Okay, I am waiting an update from all you ladies who saw the final Twlight movie this week. I can not go until Sunday and I am soooo very curious. I hope it is as good as the book. I was disappointed with the last one, the book was soooo much better.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to baingl

Happy Friday everyone! I have just come back from a nice slow coffee and cake with my ex-secretary, who is recovering from surgery to her thumb. We had a nice catch-up!

Here is my triangle fold card - anyone can try this with a bit of 4" x 12" card!

Triangle folded Christmas card By RachelUK

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to baingl

• baingl Said:
Okay, I am waiting an update from all you ladies who saw the final Twlight movie this week. I can not go until Sunday and I am soooo very curious. I hope it is as good as the book. I was disappointed with the last one, the book was soooo much better.

OMG It was the best one...ever!!! I bawled like a baby at the end.....I'm going to go see it again tonight....I think it is just as good as the book and dare I say, maybe a little better. They definitely did a wonderful job visually with translation of certain aspect of the story.

You will love it!!!

SecretGal
Tenant
SecretGal

Little Sister Sandra!! I hope you are doing well and getting some scrapping time in....

I have just ordered your goodies, while drinking my morning tea. It's cold here where I am at.....too cold....

I hope it arrives before Thanksgiving, but it might not. But then again, you are closer to scrapbook.com than I am here in the heart of the country...

Enjoy your goodies!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to LinzLou

Rebecca, A chicken sandwich with all the yummy toppings would have been perfect!!! After my soup I ended up having some Supremely Spicy hummus and whole grain pita chips. So at least it was something healthy.

That's weird about your dryer. Seems like all those plug ins should be universal.

StefaniesBigSis
Tenant
StefaniesBigSis

So glad you loved your first box now just to see how you love your next one. Are you being a Good Girl to get an extra gift next month for Christmas?? Your Big Sis wants to know. I know you are working hard, Congrats on that promotion, you will do GREAT at it. Hope you are having a wonderful week and that your weekend will have some relaxing time in it for you

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good morning ladies. I'm going to be watching the grands tomorrow. I haven't seen them in awhile so I'm super excited. I know little Drake's got to be growing like a weed!! And he's so darn cute!! Back when Brooke and Shane were his age I had them every single weekend. It's hard not seeing them but everything has changed since then.

So.....

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • tinadn Said:
I forgot to mention my bad day...
I thought I could smell something hot, went to my clothes dryer and smoke was pouring out of it and the behind it.Took clothes out. They stink and are probably ruined. I load of jeans too, so expensive. We unplugged the dryer and waiting for the repairman. Debating on hitting the laundry mat tomorrow:(
Nothing compared to car repairs or hospital visits, but thought I'd share.

My dryer died too, new one is being delivered tomorrow. What a week for us all!

note to self page 100

I got my new one yesterday. The man said the previous one was hooked up wrong (wrong vent system) Probably 5 years worth of lint backed up in the tube. He said we were very lucky I was home and noticed the fire.
*lesson learned, get your dryer and venting cleaned yearly ladies*

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Sandra I work in a level 2 so no its not a max security. They go to other prisons.

My uncle is not doing well this week his white blood count is low so he could not get his treatments this week thanks for asking

I am sorry to hear that. HOpefully taking a break from chemo will let his counts come back up soon.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Today is Twilight Day! I am off with my fellow Twihards for the marathon! It'll be a long day (and night) but it's so worth it! 12.5 hours of Edward Cullen....

Let me clean up my drool!

I hope to miss the crowds and go next week. It's killing me to wait tho.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• TrishaLouise Said:
Good morning!

My Mom is doing good. Turns out she has a couple of bleeding ulcers. The transfusion helped bring her iron and cell count back up. They are sending her home sometime today!

Closing went well and I have a home I need to pick paint colors so our GC can paint and get started on my to do list. I thought I was going to miss my flight last night but I ended up making it.

Glad to hear your week is getting better!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to littleMRSimelda

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Hola muchachas!!
Just wanted to quickly check in and let you know I'm still here! Alive (barely) and kicking. I've been so sick the past week! It started off as a cough and now it's a cold. The cough is the worst at night. I wake up in a coughing got and almost throw up! It was so bad last night that dh slept on the couch!!!

Anyway in doing better than I was a couple of days ago. Hopefully I'll be back later (if I don't end up taking more NyQuil) to comment in all your happenings.

Hope everyone is having a better Thursday than you did Tuesday.

Hugs!!!

I sympathize with you. My 2 week cold turned into a sinus infection that won't go away. Not sleeping is the worst!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Tina that really stinks about the clothes.

Yes they really did stink!!! LOL
but I found some detergent that hunters use to get rid of odors and tried that. My sniffer isn't the best but I think it worked!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• scrapbrarian Said:
Poor Imelda, hope you feel better soon!

Deb I could make you a chicken sandwhich. I made the chicken in the crockpot earlier. Do you want lettuce, tomato and mayo on it?

Trisha glad things are looking up!

Oh Rachel, do hang in there! Sounds like you should have been entitled to buy out the LSS to make up for putting up with your mum.

I have been very emotional and vulnerable today. Seems like Murphy (you know the, if it can go wrong it will, Murphy's law guy) has moved into my spare bedroom!! My new dryer was delivered this morning, turns out new dryers require a different electrical hookup than we have which means buying another part, hiring an electrician to put it in and rescheduling the dryer delivery and more trips to the Laundromat! Oh joy! I know that this is just a small annoyance but it's been that kind of week and I am warn down.

I am off to bed now. I trust that things will look better in the morning.

Better to get it done with a professional then have the mess we did.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Pink sorry to hear about the van. Repairs can be soooooooo expensive.
Sandra I am glad that you found your daughter.
not mincemeat, just plain old ground hamburger for my pie (casserole)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I am headed to visit some gf's for the weekend. Hitting some craftshows and shopping. Have a great weekend. I will check in on Sunday.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Morning!

Linz: Ooo..I can not wait to see it!

Andy called me this morning to tease me. He said "Trish, We have owned the house in Houston less than 48 hours and you have all ready torn it up"! Lol
The contactors showed up at 6:30 this morning to demo the master bath room I am a quick worker!
I should be headed to Houston either tomorrow or Sunday morning. My Mom is doing well.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that musty old people smell in a house? The carpet is coming out, I repainting, and having the ducts cleaned.
I am worried it isn't going to be enough to take care of the problem.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

Tinadn - Sounds like a fun weekend - we rarely have craft shows around here anymore, I do miss them.

Trisha - I hope you will have before and after pictures to share. So glad your mother is better.

Rebecca - Hope things have improved for you and your dryer is up and running.

Imelda - Glad you are feeling better.

Sandra - so sorry you daughter is not heading in a good direction. It is so hard to sit and worry about that which you can't change.

Kimberly - Any decisions on a vehicle yet? What do you think of the new Iphone - I have been thinking about one but I do like my HTC.

Shatema - how is your uncle - better I hope.

bainglthesweet
New Kid On the Block
bainglthesweet
In response to bainglthesweet

• bainglthesweet Said:
I'm very concerned about that. Tracking shows it was delivered Thursday. Left on the porch.

It was a box from sb.com

Hi little sis! Can you please confirm?
Have not heard from you in a while. Hope all is well

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Linz that is funny about the glasses def made my day when i read that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrapbrarian Said:
Pink you are a terrific mom!

Tina, yeah on the news that you are expecting a grandson!

Shatema may I say belatedly "thanks for your service!"

of course you can and you are very welcome

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

In all of my business i did manage to get this done

Look at me By Babigirl

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Oh and by the way today has def been one of this WEE days i knew from the way it started i just should have called in today and went to sleep instead i didn't so i guess i will just say WEEEEEE

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics