Username Post: October~December Secret Sister Swap ACTIVE AND CLOSED        (Topic#1580621)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I'm not sure about that exactly Rachel, but there are an assortment of charities and organizations that do stuff. I always donate to Toys for Tots. Best Buy has a "teens" one that I sometimes contribute to, cause I feel it's so easy for them to get lost in the shuffle.

Turns out there were 5 of us at the book meeting, and it was quite enjoyable. I would definitely go again (and told them so when they asked).

I am glad you enjoyed the book club.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Hi all! It's been a crappy weekend here. A vet visit for Stewie kitty first off and then Saturday we discover our furnace isn't working...yay...so today we've been bundled on the couch with the animals and a space heater. (We didn't want to pay the tech for a weekend call which is like twice the price) Thank goodness it's been pseudo-nice this weekend. Hopefully it's nothing too major just before Christmas....

Hope everyone had a good weekend... Off to sit in front of the space heater again.

Off to go hop back in front of the

I hope the kitty is good. Sorry about the furance i hope you get it fixed soon.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Michelle brought me a big plate of chicken parm that she made for dinner.. Texas toast too!! I have the BEST neighbor!! It was delicious!!!

Feel better Shatema!!!

Thanks Deb i woke up feeling better but still have a heck of a headache and stil doing a lot of sneezing

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to LinzLou

Lol Rebecca on giving him so attention. I think its nice that Andrew went shopping with you for a kid i think that is good for kids.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to LinzLou

Sandra that pot i still have to smack keke cause she is trying to take the things out of it. She has gotten a little better but i keep seeing her trying to sneak into it.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Charisma3103

• Charisma3103 Said:
Happy Birthday miss Rachel May all your wishes and dreams come true today

Christopher is getting better he's at school right now but I think I'm coming down with it now my stomach is acting up now thank goodness it's my Friday I have Tomorrow and Wednesday off

I am glad to hear he is doing better. Sorry to hear you are getting sick

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Imelda i am feeling better somewhat thanks.

And now i have finally caught up with everything

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-19-12 10:07 AM
In response to babigirl

Happy Birthday Rachel!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to babigirl

JCI

RACHEL - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Texas toast is extra thick toast (white bread) generally swimming in butter, and it's often used for garlic bread, quite yummy!!

Thought I'd shaken this cold, but no it's back with a vengence

BBL

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to sasload4

Happy Birthday Rachel - love you!

Our church delivers meals the Saturday before Thanksgiving to the shut ins and people who just need something nice for a change. We did deliver 1500 meals in 3 hours!

I have a funny story!

Rose and I went to Kingwood Arms, assistant living where I go to make cards with once a month. We knocked on one door and a man answered with just his head out the door. Not unusual b/c many are weary of who knocks. We explained we were from Ruthledge Falls and had a meal for them and would like to say a Blessing over the meal and did they have something they would like for us to pray about. The man looks at us and says "I'm naked." Rose thrust the box at him and said Bless this meal and we turned and started back down the hall quickly. Don't you just love old people.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Sassy Suzi

Forgot to add this

SECRET SISTER GIFT #2. By Sasload4

Another thing to be THANKFUL for, a GREAT, AEWSOME, FANTASTIC BIG SISTER, and for all you wonderful ladies on this thread.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to sasload4

Sandra -
i am so sorry to hear about your dd and her choices in men!
hopefully one day (one day soon) she will realize he is no good for her and her dd. Hang in there!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to littleMRSimelda

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Sandra -
i am so sorry to hear about your dd and her choices in men!
hopefully one day (one day soon) she will realize he is no good for her and her dd. Hang in there!!!

Thanks so much, Imelda. One of the worst things for a parent to do is watch from the sidelines whilst their child tumbles and stumbles the road of life. One day, one day.....

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

It has taken me forever to get this LO done because of this rotten cold, but here it is.

TRICK OR TREAT - HALLOWEEN 2012 By Sasload4

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to sasload4

Happy Birthday Rachel!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to TrishaLouise

Sandra how far away are your d and gd? Maybe you can have them over often???
Suzi I love how the elderly just tell it like it is:)

mysweetimelda
Tenant
mysweetimelda
In response to babigirl

I am glad you liked your card. I hope you use it to buy something you really want

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Deb-doodle Said:
Sounds like Neil is going nonstop Rachel. You are both going to love your vacation!! Don't do anything Pink wouldn't do. LOL!!! I know what you mean about the glue thing. I've been to classes where ladies do that. I use that Tombo and I only dot it about every two inches around the perimeter. If it's a whole sheet I might add a few in the center.

Hope you feel better Sandra!!

There are a LOT of things PINK won't do, for a complete list, PM me! LMAO!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU SWEET FRIEND!!!!!!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Suzi that is very funny. And wow that's a nice thing your church do that's awesome

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Sandra love your package its awesome

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Rose and I went to Kingwood Arms, assistant living where I go to make cards with once a month. We knocked on one door and a man answered with just his head out the door. Not unusual b/c many are weary of who knocks. We explained we were from Ruthledge Falls and had a meal for them and would like to say a Blessing over the meal and did they have something they would like for us to pray about. The man looks at us and says "I'm naked." Rose thrust the box at him and said Bless this meal and we turned and started back down the hall quickly. Don't you just love old people.

and he wanted you to pray about that?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to LinzLou

I have had a good time with my new phone. Not the one call (although it was pretty funny and would have been massively funny if it happened to someone else), but the siri system is so much fun! I tell it things just to see what it says. I said I was sad and it said it sounded like it was my problem, then it said she would try and cheer me up. Maybe I would like to listen to music or play a game...I think it's hilarious. I like to just see what responses she has when I say anything. I love to laugh at all the little things. I asked her to marry me and she said that we should just be friends and that I should know th. at I wasn't the first person to ask her.

No, we aren't fixing the car and we are now down to NO cars...Dan has a company car for work and we own a land rover but it needs some things before we can drive it and Dan has an old antique car that he is trying to fix up...I am not driving THAT for sure! I am not sure what we are doing yet, but probably a new car would be the right answer. But this close to Christmas, we will just have to see I guess.

Sandra~sorry about your dd. I know EXACTLY what you mean about kids making their own choices and knowing that they are BAD ones...it just kills you but you can't change a thing.

Linz~hope your heating issue was an easy fix. Stay warm!

Sherri~hope you are having a great day!

Suzette~I would have LOVED to just push right in the door and pray with him in the buff! LOL! Just kidding...I see enough old guys in my field of work (and Dan is no spring chicken either!)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Happy birthday Rachel!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

The only time I've prayed with anyone naked was with Dan...he prayed outloud...God, please don't let her get pregnant again!" LOL!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hi Tina

Hi Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Awesome box Sandra!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to babigirl

No Victoria, it wasn't me texting you. I am saving all my x-rated texts for numbers I am POSiTIVE I have right! LOL!!!! I don't think I have your cell. Could you please pm me it. I promise to only send appropriate things!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:

The only time I've prayed with anyone naked was with Dan...he prayed outloud...God, please don't let her get pregnant again!" LOL!

maybe if he started praying while you were both still wearing clothes, it might have worked lol

Edited by Tina scraps on 11-19-12 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:

maybe if he started preying while you were both still wearing clothes, it might have worked lol

I'll mention this to him for future reference!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Thanks for the laughs ladies! There have been some major things not laugh-able happening here, but I always find myself smiling and laughing when I check in here. You girls are always such a bright spot in my day!

So, even though Thanksgiving is in 3 days here, I want you all to know I'm thankful for you!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

RACHEL - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Texas toast is extra thick toast (white bread) generally swimming in butter, and it's often used for garlic bread, quite yummy!!

Thought I'd shaken this cold, but no it's back with a vengence

BBL

My Texan girlfriend was just here so I asked her - she said the bread is really soft and fluffy in the middle too!

Thank you EVERYONE for your lovely birthday wishes - on here and on facebook too - I had a lovely day!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

I told her he needed prayer for clothes!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Even though we dont celebrate Thanksgiving, I agree - I'm also thankful for all you guys on here - you are just terrific, each and every one!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Tina scraps Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:

maybe if he started praying while you were both still wearing clothes, it might have worked lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I agree with Rachel and Pink. I am thankful for all my SS friends.
I can vent and not be judged and I can always get a great laugh or even a hug. Thanks ladies!!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Pink is your husband allowed to use the company car for personal reasons or do you have to hide in the trunk to get a ride to work

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Seriously Pink I hope you get something worked out soon. It can't be easy running kids where they need to be without a van. Good luck.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Pink is your husband allowed to use the company car for personal reasons or do you have to hide in the trunk to get a ride to work

ewwww. eewww. eewww. I just had this image of pink lying next to a coffin (her dh is a funeral director, remember?)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Seriously Pink I hope you get something worked out soon. It can't be easy running kids where they need to be without a van. Good luck.

they all have feet, don't they? after all, our grandparents walked 100 miles every day, barefoot, through wind, rain and snow...lol

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-19-12 03:28 PM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • tinadn Said:

ewwww. eewww. eewww. I just had this image of pink lying next to a coffin (her dh is a funeral director, remember?)

Bad image......
I had forgotten that......
Now, not so much!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • tinadn Said:

they all have feet, don't they? after all, our grandparents walked 100 miles every day, barefoot, through wind, rain and snow...lol

A spoonful of warm gravel for breakfast - they thought they were lucky....

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Night all - it is time to head for bed. 9 minutes more of my birthday over here - just time to take a hot cup of tea up with me and finish off my Words with Friends!

Ah the joys of being as old as I am now!!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
Thanks for the laughs ladies! There have been some major things not laugh-able happening here, but I always find myself smiling and laughing when I check in here. You girls are always such a bright spot in my day!

So, even though Thanksgiving is in 3 days here, I want you all to know I'm thankful for you!!!!

We are very thankful for you to pink

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Even though we dont celebrate Thanksgiving, I agree - I'm also thankful for all you guys on here - you are just terrific, each and every one!

You are terrific to

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I agree with Rachel and Pink. I am thankful for all my SS friends.
I can vent and not be judged and I can always get a great laugh or even a hug. Thanks ladies!!!!

As if we could every judge such a wonderful woman. I am thankful for you to

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to babigirl

Happy Birthday Rachel!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Deb thanksgiving at Michelles sounds great. I dont think i have ever had a smoke turkey sounds delisious though

Once you have one Shatema you'll never want to go back!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• Tina scraps Said:
  • tinadn Said:

And uphill too, don't forget that!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

oh, yeah, i forgot about the Texas Toast question. Thank you Sandra. This particular one had cheese on it. Yummy!!!

Pink, you crack me up!!! You remember me losing my phone? LOL!!!! I hope it got run over in the street and someone didn't read all my text messages. Especially from you. LOL!! John's were probably teetering on the edge, but your went over the edge. hahahahaha!!!

Imelda, I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Suzi, LOL, Surprise for the church ladies!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Uphill both ways!

I'm also thankful for you girls.

I'm about to head to bed. I worked hard today. My legs are in huge amounts of pain. I can't get comfortable. I'm hoping my bed will do it for me.

Is anyone watching The Voice? Christina and Blade gave me goosebumps tonight with their duo.

Have a good night ladies. I'm out.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Deb thanksgiving at Michelles sounds great. I dont think i have ever had a smoke turkey sounds delisious though

How exactly do you smoke a turkey

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Deb we are thankful for you to.

I am thankful that almost nine months ago I stumbled onto this thread and met the most awesome group of women a girl could ask for. Yall have been there for me so much and have been awesome to me and i didn't just make one great friend i met many i love you all

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-19-12 10:48 PM
In response to babigirl

Love you too, Shatema!

Hope everyone is safe and warm tonight! We are experiencing torrential downpours here. Crazy!
I am thankful for each and every one of you. For many reasons, including just the fact that you are out in cyberspace waiting to visit and support me! Hugs!

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to vawm

I just wanted to stop by and say HI !!! To my old group here. I looked at the list on the first page and I only see a few that were participanting when I did.
Hi, Pink, Nikilynn and Rebecca. I think of ya'll often and miss chatting with all of you.
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving !!!
Oh, my daugther, Courtney is getting married December 15, 2012.
Miss you girls, Love, Pam aka scrappie pammie

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
  • babigirl Said:

You have to put it in a smoker. LOL!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to scrappiepammie

• scrappiepammie Said:
I just wanted to stop by and say HI !!! To my old group here. I looked at the list on the first page and I only see a few that were participanting when I did.
Hi, Pink, Nikilynn and Rebecca. I think of ya'll often and miss chatting with all of you.
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving !!!
Oh, my daugther, Courtney is getting married December 15, 2012.
Miss you girls, Love, Pam aka scrappie pammie

Hi Pam, there's a few more of us here that you know that aren't listed on the front page. We just stop by to bug people. LOL!!! Congrats to your daughter!!! See you on facebook.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Love you too, Shatema!

Hope everyone is safe and warm tonight! We are experiencing torrential downpours here. Crazy!
I am thankful for each and every one of you. For many reasons, including just the fact that you are out in cyberspace waiting to visit and support me! Hugs!

Stay safe in the rain and I love you to

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • babigirl Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
  • babigirl Said:

You have to put it in a smoker. LOL!!!!

I def had a brain freeze with that only only me lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Deb you do not bug us lol we love talking to you

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to babigirl

Hehehehe I just ordered my little sister's November and December package at the same time I wanted to beat the rush so I wonder who my little sister is hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? !?!?!?!?

I hope my big sister is okay haven't heard from her in a while

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Uphill both ways!

I'm about to head to bed. I worked hard today. My legs are in huge amounts of pain. I can't get comfortable. I'm hoping my bed will do it for me.

Is anyone watching The Voice? Christina and Blade gave me goosebumps tonight with their duo.

So...a nursing question here, focusing on conventional medicine....how do horse pills from John compare with the painkillers you get from a doctor with 10-15 years training....?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Charisma3103

• Charisma3103 Said:
Hehehehe I just ordered my little sister's November and December package at the same time I wanted to beat the rush so I wonder who my little sister is hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? !?!?!?!?

I hope my big sister is okay haven't heard from her in a while

Hmmmm i wonder to. Is it me? Is it me?

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to babigirl

Hi all! Still no heat. HVAC guy came out and took out the broken part. He's going to take it and see if it still falls under warranty. Thankfully it's supposed to be warm this week until Friday so we're not suffering too much.

Washer is fine. Repairman came out and couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Kitteh Stewie is getting better slowly.

Bonus news today: My bosses gave me Friday off so I get a 4 day weekend! Yay!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Tina scraps Said:
  • tinadn Said:

Now that is comical. I love that sight

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to tinadn

JCI

Hello ladies, it's so weird to look out the window and see the trees full of leaves, and it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, no breeze, yet there's a teenie nip in the air. Now I want the real time of year to show up!!

So what preparations have been started for Turkey Day? I'm hoping to get my baking done today.

Have a great Tuesday

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to sasload4

Its 76 here Where is my winter weather?

What is everyone doing on Turkey day?
I think we are going to the black eyed pea. I don't have any kitchen stuff so I can not cook.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TrishaLouise

Linz I hope your heat gets fix soon and yay for a four day weekend that's great.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

Hello ladies, it's so weird to look out the window and see the trees full of leaves, and it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, no breeze, yet there's a teenie nip in the air. Now I want the real time of year to show up!!

So what preparations have been started for Turkey Day? I'm hoping to get my baking done today.

Have a great Tuesday

We are going shopping for the food today. And start cooking tomorrow. They will start cooking without me Imma help when i get one from work

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Trisha we are going to my aunties house for thanksgiving. Then me keke my godbrother and my two cousins are staying at my aunts for a game night

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
Uphill both ways!

So...a nursing question here, focusing on conventional medicine....how do horse pills from John compare with the painkillers you get from a doctor with 10-15 years training....?

Well, since I don't have a doctor or pain pills I don't know about a comparison. I only take over the counter Ibuprofen.

The packs John got me are primarily for joint comfort and health and cartilage rebuilder. You know, the glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM,fish oil, etc etc.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

For the actual Thanksgiving day I think John and I might go out to eat. I'm so slammed at work that I don't have the time or energy to do much else. 2 of my girls even volunteered to work Thursday since they're not doing anything either. I don't think I'll need them to though. As long as someone can work Friday.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-20-12 03:49 PM

We are doing Thanksgiving with all the trimming. I have to take tomorrow off and several days in December in addition to my vacation. I have to use about 60 hours or lose it of my vacation time. I can only carry forward two weeks. Note to self: take more time off next year!

We only have three of us for Thanksgiving, but will have the whole meal deal: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, Brussels sprouts, and pie.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

Jason and I are going grocery shopping when he gets home from work tonight. Not sure what we're going to make, but I'm thinking scallops! I haven't had turkey in years, can't stand it, so that's not happening. or maybe we could do some kind of beef roast. I'll see what Jason thinks when he gets home. If we get scallops he'll be the one who has to cook them anyway, I always overcook them.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I say keep on overcooking them Tina. That way you don't have to cook!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Deb - maybe you need a real doctor for some decent pain relief. I didn't realise you I only took I Ibuprofen.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
We are doing Thanksgiving with all the trimming. I have to take tomorrow off and several days in December in addition to my vacation. I have to use about 60 hours or lose it of my vacation time. I can only carry forward two weeks. Note to self: take more time off next year!

We only have three of us for Thanksgiving, but will have the whole meal deal: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, Brussels sprouts, and pie.

Sounds like a great meal. My mom is in the same boat as you she has took every wednesday off since about june and some days in between and still have 8 more days she has to burn before jan 9

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

For thanks giving we are having turkey ham beef chitlins string beans greens stuffing mashed potatoes yams brocolli cheese casserole cake and pie

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-20-12 06:26 PM
In response to babigirl

What time is dinner Shatema?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Deb - maybe you need a real doctor for some decent pain relief. I didn't realise you I only took I Ibuprofen.

Rachel, I can't afford that. Remember the no insurance thing? Believe me, I'd love to be going to someone to get this thing straightened out. I know it's going to be a long drawn out process though. Very expensive.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 11-20-12 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I'm going to take a picture of all the food at Michelle's. Everyone brings a dish or two. She sent out an invite on fb and invited 34 people. That's not including kids, or people that aren't on fb. Of course all those people won't come but it will be a huge amount. It was last year. I'm very excited about it. I'm hoping the kids and grands will stay the night here at my house. I'd love to spend Sunday with all of them.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
What time is dinner Shatema?

3 go ahead and cat a plane and come on over. We tend to go all out for holidays

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Deb I sure dinner at Michelles will be great. Sounds like it

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
Jason and I are going grocery shopping when he gets home from work tonight. Not sure what we're going to make, but I'm thinking scallops! I haven't had turkey in years, can't stand it, so that's not happening. or maybe we could do some kind of beef roast. I'll see what Jason thinks when he gets home. If we get scallops he'll be the one who has to cook them anyway, I always overcook them.

Now I LOVE scallops!!!! Have you ever tried smoked turkey? It's amazing!!! After Bruce smoked the first one I haven't liked baked turkey since.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Deb I sure dinner at Michelles will be great. Sounds like it

Come on down Shatema!! With all the people there Michelle won't notice one more!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Lol Deb I would love to but if i came i would have to bring about 12 more hungry people with me lol. That's everyone that's going to be at my aunts house. We will have a good time there to. Just hoping my uncle can come. With his immune system being so low he doesn't know if he's coming or not.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

Well if he can that will make your Thanksgiving all the better won't it. I'm hoping he can!!

Good night ladies. Off to bed.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Yes that will make my Thanksgiving great. Good night.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

Hi Shatema and Deb!

I just got back from my mom's. Michael and I helped her set up for Thankskgiving dinner. I have a meeting tomorrow night so I couldn't do it then. We brought chairs up from the basement, rearranged a bit of furniture and set 2 tables.

There will be 12-15 of us and she still insists on doing all of the cooking and baking herself. Except for the turkeys, which my sister brings so my mom's oven stays free for the rest of the meal.

I am super Thankful for each and every one of my beautiful Sisters on this thread!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

yeah well, then I'd never have a cooked meal lol.

we ended up going with a beef roast, along with sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls and an apple pie. and we're going to Jason's sister for dessert, since he feels bad for not seeing them in a while, esp his nephew.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Deb-doodle Said:
I'm going to take a picture of all the food at Michelle's. Everyone brings a dish or two. She sent out an invite on fb and invited 34 people. That's not including kids, or people that aren't on fb. Of course all those people won't come but it will be a huge amount. It was last year. I'm very excited about it. I'm hoping the kids and grands will stay the night here at my house. I'd love to spend Sunday with all of them.

and by the end of the day, you're all thankful that you haven't killed anyone? lol we're not even on having that many people there when we get married...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I have been cleaning the carpets today in preparing for Abby crawling all over the place. We shopped last night and then I picked up a few things I forgot today.

Dennis smokes our turkey every year and he is also smoking one for our friends too. Might as well do 2 at once since there is plenty of room in the smoker.

Deb the way he does it the white meal is super moist. Clean the turkey pat dry, add fresh garlic and season salt to outside, Quarter an apple and onion and stuff inside along with 1 stick of butter, then add 2 12oz cans of coke. Baste the turkey with the juices. hmmm good.

Brooke and Todd will be here with Abby and their dog Tyson late tomorrow night, then my youngest Tammy and Tim will be here Thursday morning.

We are having Smoked Turkey, good ole Southern Cornbread Dressing with NO sage (I hate sage and gummy dressing- lol), gravy for dressing, cranberry sauce, potato salad, green beans, corn, deviled eggs, rolls, sweet potato casserole, Coco cola Cherry salad, strawberry cake, sweet potato pies, and tea. Everything will be cooked/prepared tomorrow except for the dressing, gravy, beans, corn and rolls. I plan to play with Abby Thursday not spending the day in the kitchen.

Shatema yall have some good Southern cooking going on too I see.

We heard on the news last night about a family of 4 heading to Texas when someone hit them head on killing the mother and the daughter is is critical condition. It was so heartbreaking to see this. Neighbors were so sad and loved them. One man said his wife was texting with the mother and when she never text backed she thought something had happen.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving and please please be extra careful on the roads if you are traveling.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Hi Tina!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

JCI so sorry sister that I have been MIA for awhile but I have been going through a very rough 2 Weeks. I pray there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

yeah well, then I'd never have a cooked meal lol.

we ended up going with a beef roast, along with sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls and an apple pie. and we're going to Jason's sister for dessert, since he feels bad for not seeing them in a while, esp his nephew.

Hope you have a good time at Jason's sister.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Hi Rebecca how are you doing. We will be cooking all day today. Well they will start cooking when my mo get off. i will help with whatever is lef by time i get off. Apparently they want me to fix my Mac and Cheese so looks like we are adding that to our list and plus i gotta cook the brocolli cheese caserole so I know that's two things i will be cooking when i get home

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
Hi Shatema and Deb!

I just got back from my mom's. Michael and I helped her set up for Thankskgiving dinner. I have a meeting tomorrow night so I couldn't do it then. We brought chairs up from the basement, rearranged a bit of furniture and set 2 tables.

There will be 12-15 of us and she still insists on doing all of the cooking and baking herself. Except for the turkeys, which my sister brings so my mom's oven stays free for the rest of the meal.

I am super Thankful for each and every one of my beautiful Sisters on this thread!

That sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know if my parents were still alive things would be different. It's so nice that your mom is still so active!!That's one thing to be thankful for isn't it?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Suzi yes we are having some good old Southern Cooking.

Hi toni i hope things are better for you

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
Hi Shatema and Deb!

That sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know if my parents were still alive things would be different. It's so nice that your mom is still so active!!That's one thing to be thankful for isn't it?

It most certianly is and that is why i cheris every moment i have with my family and that is why i love the holidays because we all get together.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Toni, I hope things get better for you.

Suzi that sounds like a great dinner!!! All the yummy goodies. When Bruce always smoked our turkeys the breast meat was so juicy too. that's one reason I really love smoking them. Not to mention the delicious taste. I've never done the apples and onions though so I will do that!!! Also where does he put the coke? In the turkey? or in the steamer water? If he puts it in the turkey doesn't it pour out all over the place? Also if you are basting the turkey aren't you letting all the smoke out and delaying cooking time?

Just let me talk to Dennis. LOL!!!

Tina, if it's only for a day I can handle everyone. LOL!! Plus we're usually outside if it's nice and everyone is scattered

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics