Page 30 of 34 
Username Post: October~December Secret Sister Swap ACTIVE AND CLOSED        (Topic#1580621)
littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

TinaN-any news on the kidnappers? definitely keeping that family in my thoughts!

Pink - I think many many many people struggle with making sure their kids understand that Christmas is not about gifts. In my family we have a tradition that we only buy one present per person. we do a secret santa gift exchange and keep it all a secret. we make a game out of the entire exchange part. i think this year we are going to be doing minute to win it type games. it's always so much fun! we've done it since i was little and we all love it!!! why dont you try a secret santa type thing in your family. and it could be handmade gifts too!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

TinaM- i loooved your shopping tips!!
about the kindle, i'd go for a smaller screen too! you never know how much space you'll need... apps take up more space than you'd expect sometimes!!

Rachel - Welcome home! i'm so glad (and jealous) that you enjoyed your trip! sounded like a vacation out of a magazine!

Anette - i can't wait to see your pics of your "store"
how was your crop by the way?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Trisha - sounds like the house is coming together!!! and you're having fun along the way... lol i dont know what i'd do if i saw something like that at the laundromat! lol

Linz - amazing that you grew your hair to donate. i also did that a couple years ago. i'm in a crop in january to raise money for cancer... i think i've decided that if i raise over $700 i too will cut my hair to donate.

Sandra - so sorry i missed your bday! happy belated!!! hope it was everything you hoped for!

Nikilyn - hope you're feeling better!

Victoria - how are you? have you been working on any sketches? i'd love to try another one out!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

so we finally got our tree this weekend and decorated for christmas! dd had been bugging me for weeks but we have a tradition where we cut a tree down with dh's mom and sisters.... they always pick the second weekend in december.

we also put up our lights this weekend. very busy christmas weekend but it was a lot of fun! my tree is heavily decorated on the bottom but its so adorable that way... lol that way you know who helped!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

here are two los i completed over the past couple days. more than i've done in months!!!!!

Party time By LittleMRSimelda

My sister, My friend By LittleMRSimelda

yay for mojo! lol

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
Deb, I've heard alot of bad things about Neti pots, so I've stayed away from them. My doctor did have me try a nasal rinse, but I really couldn't stand it. I may have to try it again.

I love my neti pot too!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Sorry haven't been on like talking about it I had drill this weekend. Let me tell you it was long. All this week I will be packing cause come Saturday is the big day Yay

I am excited for you!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Welcome home Rachel!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Terrific new lo's Imelda!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Thanks Rebecca! It's good to be back. Most of the washing is now done too. I need to catch up on a couple of Christmas journal pages.

Victoria - I really liked the article about 'Holiday trees' on your Fbook page.

Over here, we think its odd that Americans say Happy Holidays instead of Happy Christmas, so I guess holiday trees were a natural progression, but I'm in complete agreement with the author.

Edited by RachelUK on 12-10-12 10:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Happy Tuesday everyone.... I am curious now what is a Neti Pot?

I have been talking with my big sis via pm so all is good...

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Here is the second layout for my GDT spot at the scrapping bug all my projects are up on there blog today

Walking in a Winter Wonderland By Charisma3103

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Charisma3103

Here I am again JCI.

NIKILYNN - Hope the road to recovery is a fast one!

RACHEL - Are you over your jet lag yet?

My LITTLE, an envelope of goodies is heading your way hope you enjoy them when you see what they are!!!

PINK - I saw your comment about Christmas and your kiddos. Here's a tradition that we have in our family. If you get a pressie and it has on it A/D put it back under the tree because those gifts are for AFTER DINNER it makes Christmas last just that little bit longer. Another tradition we have, if the pressie is wrapped in Father Christmas paper then it's from him, all others are from family. It was fun hiding the 'Santa' papers from my kids throughout the years.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to tinadn

I have gone through some old posts and I think I figured out who my big sis is hehehe I had it narrowed down to two then I went and read an old post and have it figured out.... I wonder if I should make my guess public?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Any of the nurses on the thread want to weigh in about neti pots?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Over here, we think its odd that Americans say Happy Holidays instead of Happy Christmas, so I guess holiday trees were a natural progression, but I'm in complete agreement with the author.

While I do think sometimes people get carried away about political correctness, knowing that most Jewish people don't believe in Jesus, it does seem potentially disrespectful to wish them a happy celebration of Christ...IMO

We wouldn't say "happy" christmas anyway, we say MERRY christmas lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

To all you wonderful ladies, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the great Birthday wishes. I had a blast with my friends at dinner, had a huge drinkie poo, it was called a Cliff Diver, bloody amazing!!! It came in a huge Margarita glass, and the drink was blue just like a tropical sea, and did I mention it tasted A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! We also ate some great Mexican food, and behave we did....NOT

I am gald you had a good time. That drink sounds amazing.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Rachel I agree. God does love Christmas. We got up early that morning opened her present she had about an hour or two to play i think she took a toy or two to church and then after church we came home played some more had dinner and she had a great time.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-11-12 08:52 AM
In response to babigirl

I am getting ready to go to San Antonio. My flight leaves in 2 1/2 hours, so I am on my way to the airport shortly.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-11-12 08:58 AM
In response to vawm

Well at my workplace I had someone tell me that they hated Christmas. She is Ba'hai. Basically each faith has some sort of celebration and different times throughout the year. I am happy to wish people Merry Christmas. I wish my Jewish friends Happy Hanukkah. People in the US try to be so politically correct it is my opinion that we have lost our own culture. I celebrate Advent, Christmas, Boxing Day, Epiphany, etc. I have many Holy Days that I celebrate as well. If we offend no one it seems to me that we are in danger of being wishy-washy (Charlie Brown fan, too!)

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

While I do think sometimes people get carried away about political correctness, knowing that most Jewish people don't believe in Jesus, it does seem potentially disrespectful to wish them a happy celebration of Christ...IMO

The author/journalist who wrote the article that Victoria quoted was Jewish, and he was the one making the objection to the term 'Holiday Trees!' He also said he was happy to receive Christmas cards and didnt find it in the least insulting!

Merry/ Happy - Schmerry!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
Here I am again JCI.

NIKILYNN - Hope the road to recovery is a fast one!

RACHEL - Are you over your jet lag yet?

My LITTLE, an envelope of goodies is heading your way hope you enjoy them when you see what they are!!!

PINK - I saw your comment about Christmas and your kiddos. Here's a tradition that we have in our family. If you get a pressie and it has on it A/D put it back under the tree because those gifts are for AFTER DINNER it makes Christmas last just that little bit longer. Another tradition we have, if the pressie is wrapped in Father Christmas paper then it's from him, all others are from family. It was fun hiding the 'Santa' papers from my kids throughout the years.

I woke up at 04.50 because we had a power cut and the phone suddenly beeped - what a pain. I didnt get back to sleep after that - tired right now!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

I stayed home from work today. Not really sick just a bit off my game. Resting and fitting in a bit of housecleaning. Perhaps some work on my December Daily later? Also could wrap some Christmas gifts. Just low on energy at the moment which is not like me at all!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

This was so inspiring to me that I wanted to share it with all of you in the spirit of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID0kgP9IVhs

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

the "holiday" tree thing is kind of funny, since I don't know of many religions that actually use a tree to symbolize holidays anyway. That does seem silly.

I'm in no danger of being wishy-washy, that's for sure lol. but it's true, we can only be mindful of so much. I don't believe in God, but I don't complain when someone says "god bless you". Though if you start preaching to me, we're going to have a problem, and I am actually a bit uncomfortable with a coworker who regularly brings god into the conversation (when there's very little relevance to the conversation).

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Thanks Rebecca that was a great video, had to share it on my wall.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
One quick question - I have a Fiskars cutter and the wire has become all snarled up - the outer casing of it is sheering off so I have a wire tangle. What is the cure? Can you replace this bit of the cutter?

I have this one too but haven't had this problem.
Sorry I don't know the cure.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Thanks Rebecca! It's good to be back. Most of the washing is now done too. I need to catch up on a couple of Christmas journal pages.

Victoria - I really liked the article about 'Holiday trees' on your Fbook page.

Rachel I say Merry Christmas if I know who I am speaking to celebrates Christmas. If I am not sure I say Happy Holidays. That covers it all I think...even New years.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
I am getting ready to go to San Antonio. My flight leaves in 2 1/2 hours, so I am on my way to the airport shortly.

Have a safe trip!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Loved the video REbecca.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
Deb, I've heard alot of bad things about Neti pots, so I've stayed away from them. My doctor did have me try a nasal rinse, but I really couldn't stand it. I may have to try it again.

I looked 'neti pots' up on Google as I had never heard of them - only to read that there were two deaths in the US in 2011 directly caused by using tap water in these things - that'd be enough to put me off I'm sure!

That's true, only due to bad tap water that has too much bacteria in it. I wouldn't think you should drink it or shower in it either if it's that bad. You should always use distilled water in a neti pot. I first heard of it from Dr.Oz who highly recommends it. I like mine, but I use the distilled water.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 12-11-12 02:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
One quick question - I have a Fiskars cutter and the wire has become all snarled up - the outer casing of it is sheering off so I have a wire tangle. What is the cure? Can you replace this bit of the cutter?

You don't really need the wire Rachel. I'd just cut it off. The two divits in each end will show you were your cut will be, plus it will be in the center of where your blade is at.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I always thought everyone always said Happy Holidays just to include all the holidays that happen in a short time span. You have Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years back to back. Boy do I feel silly. LOL!!!

And I would think a sinus rinse would be the same as a neti pot. Even if you buy it pre-made. They have to use some type of water to make it liquid. Probably sterilized which is what distilled water is.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Rebecca, thank you for the video. That was great and so true!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Student brought me thank-you card and caramel/chocolate popcorn, yummy! Made my day.

Did I already mention that someone else quit this week? lol

Edited by Tina scraps on 12-11-12 04:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Yikes! I have only ever used tap water in my Neti pot!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• littleMRSimelda Said:
here are two los i completed over the past couple days. more than i've done in months!!!!!

Party time By LittleMRSimelda

My sister, My friend By LittleMRSimelda

yay for mojo! lol

Love these awesome

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Sorry haven't been on like talking about it I had drill this weekend. Let me tell you it was long. All this week I will be packing cause come Saturday is the big day Yay

I am excited for you!!

Thanks Rebecca

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Charisma3103 Said:
Here is the second layout for my GDT spot at the scrapping bug all my projects are up on there blog today

Walking in a Winter Wonderland By Charisma3103

Awesome

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrapbrarian Said:
I stayed home from work today. Not really sick just a bit off my game. Resting and fitting in a bit of housecleaning. Perhaps some work on my December Daily later? Also could wrap some Christmas gifts. Just low on energy at the moment which is not like me at all!

Hope you got the rest you needed

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

Good morning ladies. I over slept to day. I just woke up at 8:30. I wanted to be on my way to work by now. Oh well, I'll just have a longer day.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Tina, you did mention you had a coworker that quit. And I think you were saying you had to talk to your old room mate about not being a good fit in your office. How did that talk go?

This finger has still not healed up. I taped my popsicle stick in crooked last night so it is making it even harder to type today. It's wanting to hit keys that I'm not aiming for. LOL!!

Rebecca, it's better safe than sorry I guess. I have used tap water in mine in the past, but I have a Culligan system and I shouldn't be getting any bacteria but, it's better to be safe.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Tina scraps Said:
Student brought me thank-you card and caramel/chocolate popcorn, yummy! Made my day.

Did I already mention that someone else quit this week? lol

Makes all those bad days seem worth it, doesn't it?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Deb I hope your finger heals soon.

I am so far behind on my Christmas shopping. I am forcing myself to go today.
Have a great day ladies.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to tinadn

So my sister should know in just a few minutes who I am. I sure hope you enjoy your self. I would love to see what project you will be teaching this week.

baingl
baingl 
Veteran
baingl
In response to babigirl

I will need to sit out the next round, but want to be in the following one. I am losing my job the first week of Jan and have to work on a resume and finding a new one. Plus the holidays.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to baingl

Happy Wednesday everyone I am at work day 7 of the 9 straight days of work today we are having a Christmas dinner here at work the company is providing us with it... So looking forwward to that I wasn't able to take part last year I ended up having a sick child last year

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Deb hope your finger feel better soon

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Georgia I am so sorry to hear this

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Have fun at the dinner Janie

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

I have a report on my uncle. I can't remember if I told y'all they had found something on the base of his tongue they didn't know if it was cancer or not. Well when they went to take the biopsy of it it was gone. The Dr could not find it. Just want to thank you all for your many prayers and let you know they are working?

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-12-12 11:16 AM
In response to babigirl

Hello everyone!!!! I'm so much better... I was better yesterday, but then Selena got sick!!! I felt so bad for her! She will be better by tomorrow.

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-12-12 11:18 AM
In response to 888

OK.... to my SS..... THANK YOU OH SO MUCH FOR THE HELLO KITTY HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in HEAVEN!!!!!!! I just LOVE everything!!!!!!

OMG Girls... I'll take a picture tonight.... I got the MOST amazing stuff!!!!

But one little thing.... I still don't know who my SS is!!! All I know is that I L*O*V*E her!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-12-12 11:19 AM
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
I have a report on my uncle. I can't remember if I told y'all they had found something on the base of his tongue they didn't know if it was cancer or not. Well when they went to take the biopsy of it it was gone. The Dr could not find it. Just want to thank you all for your many prayers and let you know they are working?

Well that is good news!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-12-12 11:20 AM

• Charisma3103 Said:
Happy Wednesday everyone I am at work day 7 of the 9 straight days of work today we are having a Christmas dinner here at work the company is providing us with it... So looking forwward to that I wasn't able to take part last year I ended up having a sick child last year

I hope you have a lovely time!!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to 888

Good afternoon ladies.
I'm just popping in to see if my secret sister had posted about her goodie box she received yesterday, but nothing as of yet I'll check back later.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to baingl

• baingl Said:
I will need to sit out the next round, but want to be in the following one. I am losing my job the first week of Jan and have to work on a resume and finding a new one. Plus the holidays.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Ok everyone am back and my secret sister is Toni she sent me a gc for the bug and I went and shopped I just got home

As for the dinner it was yuck turkey was dry and the pasta was stone cold. I have severe heart burn now lol..

Anyway this is what I got with my gc from Toni Thanks again hun

Secret Sister swap Goodies By Charisma3103

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to baingl

• baingl Said:

I know that when you do return you will be welcome with open arms. Best of luck with the job hunt!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• Charisma3103 Said:
Ok everyone am back and my secret sister is Toni she sent me a gc for the bug and I went and shopped I just got home

As for the dinner it was yuck turkey was dry and the pasta was stone cold. I have severe heart burn now lol..

Anyway this is what I got with my gc from Toni Thanks again hun

Now that's a great swag bag of goodies!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to sasload4

Hi everyone! Hope all of you are having a great day. I went for a job interview (a specific case interview...not the job itself) and I got it. I won't start till after the holiday break but I know I have it so that is reassuring.

Glad you are feeling better Nikilynn! Sorry Selena isn't, but hopefully she will be 100% very quickly. Kids amaze me at how they get over things so fast!

Nice goodies

Sorry Georgia about everything...hopefully things settle down for you and the new year brings you nothing be happiness.

I haven't started the new round thread yet, but I'll let you all know when I do.

Have a great evening everyone!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:

Great news!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to baingl

• baingl Said:

Sorry to hear this.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Nikilynn glad you are feeling better. Sorry about Selena.

Congrats on getting a new job PInK!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

I'm BAAAAAAACK!

I now have internet in the new house and a real bed to sleep in My two downers of the week are: The contractors are not finished with painting or construction and the movers broke my dryer in the move

Happy to see everyone getting their goodies. I cannot wait to be able to play with my new things. At the rate the unpacking is going it will be next year before I get too

Off to catch up on the thread...

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora
In response to TrishaLouise

Pink,
I know you're thrilled to have a job, as we are thrilled for you! Merry Christmas, right?

Dora

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora
In response to grandmadora

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the next round. I felt like with the holidays this one just went So Fast! Hoping my secret sis enjoyed her goodies, I know I sure did!

Dora

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to grandmadora

Here is the link to the new round if anyone is interested...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/49/ti...

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to sasload4

Wow Janie. That's an awesome lot!

Hope you ladies are feeling better.

It's so exciting to see some reveals.

Linz - you gotta show us a pic of your hair cut. How short is it now?

Going to sign up for the new round!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to sasload4

Love the goodies janie

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

You don't really need the wire Rachel. I'd just cut it off. The two divits in each end will show you were your cut will be, plus it will be in the center of where your blade is at.

I never thought of that - thanks Deb!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• scrapbrarian Said:
This was so inspiring to me that I wanted to share it with all of you in the spirit of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID0kgP9IVhs

Absolutely love this Rebecca - want to send it to everyone now! Pay it forward - Alda would like it!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• scrapbrarian Said:
Yikes! I have only ever used tap water in my Neti pot!

Stop doing that right this minute!

I also worked with a lady who lost her sight in one eye from rinsing her contacts in tap water!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I want to have a little moan.

Along with the headers on these pages telling you all about the latest deals and coupons, I often get one with says 'We ship to the UK. Love, Scrapbook.com'.

Now I want to tell you how it is for me. I have pretty much stopped shopping on here but I decided to treat myself for Christmas. I put in a HUGE order (well I think this is enormous) of $287. Lots of money hey? I was just getting my payout for work, and thought I would have some goodies (alongside all my Christmas presents and Pink goodies - I'm a little too greedy for my own good), but I have learnt my lesson!

Shipping was $77. Then, when the box arrived (while I was away) I had a further $82 to pay. Can you believe it? I was pretty staggered. $159 in charges.

Upshot is: no more shopping on here for me!

If theres a retreat next year I will come, and bring my spending money, and other than that - I'll have to wait for you guys to visit me!!

Whinge over - I have to go to bed. My sleep is back to normal after the jetlag, but its 01.23 so too late to be up!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

OMG RACHEL!!!! Are you serious?! $77 for shipping is bad enough, but I don't understand what the other charges were? Aren't there any UK based stores you can order from? I seem to recall ordering from one ages ago when Sue was my lil sister.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Thought I'd share some amusing (in the sense of "who does this" or "are you kidding me?") stories from a training I went to on employment law:

the company president who sent his homemade sex videos to his employees.

The employer who spanked his young female employee for "no-brainer" errors.

New Office manager who friended her male lawyer bosses on Facebook, then shared about her "walk of shame" and Brazilian bikini wax.I wouldn't want to read about a friend's Brazilian wax either, much less a coworker's. I do know someone who friended her boss and later shared how grateful she was that gas stations sold condoms.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Deb I hope your finger heals soon.

I am so far behind on my Christmas shopping. I am forcing myself to go today.
Have a great day ladies.

All I've bought is a few stocking stuffers so you have to be ahead of me!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to baingl

• baingl Said:

Oh no!!! I hope you find something else soon and something you LOVE!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Geez Rachel. England has to be more incoming mail friendly!!! I would love to go to a retreat next year too!! Too bad Rosita's not still here, she'd probably plan one.

Nikilynn, I'm so happy you're feeling better.

Tina, some people really don't even think twice about what they put up on a social site.

Off to make more Christmas cards. I'm thinking about taking tomorrow off. Hope it works out! I need groceries.!!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:

Ah the power of prayer!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Georgia, fingers crossed that you get another job first thing in the new year!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Back in September one of my other department manager colleagues, Anne, left her job suddenly.

Yesterday my director announced that her position will not be filled but that I have graciously (not sure that's totally accurate ) agreed to take on her team of 8 as well as the 6 staff that I previously co-managed with Anne. That's on top of the 3 interns, 3 subs and 14 Adult Librarians I already manage. So starting on January 1 I'll have 34 direct reports. So, likely you won't be seeing me here as much next round.

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
OK.... to my SS..... THANK YOU OH SO MUCH FOR THE HELLO KITTY HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in HEAVEN!!!!!!! I just LOVE everything!!!!!!

OMG Girls... I'll take a picture tonight.... I got the MOST amazing stuff!!!!

But one little thing.... I still don't know who my SS is!!! All I know is that I L*O*V*E her!!!!!!

OK I give in!!! IT's ME!! I am so glad you loved it!! It was so fun shopping for you !!!

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
Good afternoon ladies.
I'm just popping in to see if my secret sister had posted about her goodie box she received yesterday, but nothing as of yet I'll check back later.

I got it today, I was not home till late last night and it was next door!!!!! THANKS!! IT was awesome!!! THANK YOU!

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to amabear62

These items were in my combination November and Christmas Box!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-12-12 08:42 PM
In response to amabear62

Evening all! I have my hours messed up..... Bleh!
Texas is great. Had a nice dinner with a friend from Alaska tonight. It is very festive here.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to amabear62

• amabear62 -Anette Said:
  • sasload4 Said:
Good afternoon ladies.

I got it today, I was not home till late last night and it was next door!!!!! THANKS!! IT was awesome!!! THANK YOU!

So glad you like it all, now keep an eye on the postie there's still one envelope to come.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Hello everyone!!!! I'm so much better... I was better yesterday, but then Selena got sick!!! I felt so bad for her! She will be better by tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are doing better

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
Hi everyone! Hope all of you are having a great day. I went for a job interview (a specific case interview...not the job itself) and I got it. I won't start till after the holiday break but I know I have it so that is reassuring.

Glad you are feeling better Nikilynn! Sorry Selena isn't, but hopefully she will be 100% very quickly. Kids amaze me at how they get over things so fast!

Nice goodies

Sorry Georgia about everything...hopefully things settle down for you and the new year brings you nothing be happiness.

I haven't started the new round thread yet, but I'll let you all know when I do.

Have a great evening everyone!

I'm so happy to hear this

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

Good morning ladies. I couldn't sleep and have been up since 4 am. I got a good start on Christmas shopping yesterday and mostly just have the difficult gifts left...people I have no idea what to buy.

We had a little scare yesterday and my dil spent the day in the OB unit. When my son called not quite understanding everything (he was on the road traveling for work) said she was in a lot of pain and couldn't feel baby movement. Last night she informed me they were labor pains. She is 25 weeks along. So she needs to take it easy. But we do know for sure now that it is a boy. They had another ultrasound checking mom's kidneys and bladder and also amniotic fluid levels. All is good, God is great. I was a wreck and praying all day.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Wow Rachel this prices are ridiculous

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Rebecca that sounds like a whole lot of extra work. Is it possible to do all of that?

Anette great package! Wowsa!!!

Rachel that is crazy how much you were charged to get your package. Can you order online from somewhere that will not incur all those additional charges?
How is your mom by the way???

Trisha how did they bread your dryer? drop it?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrapbrarian Said:
Back in September one of my other department manager colleagues, Anne, left her job suddenly.

Yesterday my director announced that her position will not be filled but that I have graciously (not sure that's totally accurate ) agreed to take on her team of 8 as well as the 6 staff that I previously co-managed with Anne. That's on top of the 3 interns, 3 subs and 14 Adult Librarians I already manage. So starting on January 1 I'll have 34 direct reports. So, likely you won't be seeing me here as much next round.

That saddens me

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Awesome package annette

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrapbrarian Said:

Forget graciously - did you even agree at all???

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

I've never seen a dryer breaded before...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

break LOL

I love breaded foods, but a dryer I would not try!

Edited by tinadn on 12-13-12 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

I knew you meant break, but it was a funny visual, so I couldn't resist teasing.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

Tina, that's really scary. That little boy is eager to come see his new family. He knows what an amazing Grandma he's going to have!!

Well I managed to get the day off. I was up until about 3am making cards,which netted about 4 or5. I had all these great ideas in my head with stamps and embossing powder but most of them didn't look as good on paper. LOL!!I had a great time playing though.

Did I tell you girls that John helped me put my tree up on Sunday? It's a big one. 9ft, plus then it's screwed down to a 2 ft box. He helped me put he lights on too. That's as far as it's gotten. LOL!! The ladder and the ornaments are there, but I'm not. I wasn't even going to put one up, so I guess I've done well. I should have passed on making cards this year.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 12-13-12 07:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

• Tina scraps Said:
  • tinadn Said:

I've never seen a dryer breaded before...

LMAO! Maybe it was the "Breading" that broke the dam thing! Lol

I think the drum was not stabalized during the move and that is what broke it.

Off to the bus station to pick up an Aunt who will not fly. Her and a cousin are coming to help me unpack and get ready for Christmas. It is much needed help

Great big Thank you to Dora for being a great SS. Thank you for everything!!

Page 30 of 34 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics