Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: Clsd /Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Ornament Swap        (Topic#1580771)
Martica
Queen
Martica

Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Ornament Swap

This is a swap where you have to make 4 ornaments (do not count yourself) for each group you enter. Each group will have 5 participants. You can only use G45 Nutcracker Sweet paper line and any other embellishments you wish. Because this is a high end swap you must use at least 3 embellishments (buttons, lace, ribbon, bling, etc ). No stickers excepted.... Ornament can be made of any medium like wood, chipboard, fabric etc., 2 or 3 dimensional, no flimsy paper excepted.

If you don't have paper yet SB.com has it so order asap.

This swap deadline is Dec 10th, because we want these ornaments for Christmas you must mail no later then the 10th of Dec, no excuse. If you feel like you won't be able to complete it by due date you must inform me ASAP prior to due date . If you are international that includes Canada please mail 1 week earlier.You will be responsible for mailing one ornament to each person in your group. Please do not join more then you can handle, remember you will be receiving 4 beautiful ornaments for each group.
I will add more groups if needed.
Ok lets have fun......

If someone flakes you will be short one ornament unless I am able to get someone to angel. So you join at your own risk.

Group 1
1. ScrapSmart
2. Dixie Leah
3. Pam In TX
4. Lorna Lee
5. Drayia

Group 2
1. Bobbij
2. DKravec
3. Dawna.sPlace
4. Martica
5. Made With TLC

Group 3
1. HVN101
2. Tneal40
3. 1Heart
4. Tcletoaddison
5. Under5Feet/Corky

Group 4

Creations

Nutcracker Sweet Ornaments for Swap By Martica

Nutcracker Swap By Tneal40

Ornament for Martica's graphic 45 Nutcracker Swap By Made With Tlc

Ornaments By DKravec

Graphic 45 Nutcracker Ornaments By Lorna Lee

Graphic 45 "Nutcracker Sweet" Ornament Collection By Scrap Smart

Christmas Ornaments By Dixie Leah

Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Ornament Swap‏ By Hvn101

Graphic 45 Nutcracker Ornament Swap (front) By Under5feet

Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Ornament Swap By 1Heart

Edited by Martica on 02-03-16 05:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

Sign me up, please!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Scrap Smart

Welcome Suzie....

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Martica

Me too please

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Pam in TX

Sure add me, even think I know what I am making

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Drayia

I'm in. I love ornaments.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to DKravec

ok add me I should be recovered or be able to finish before surgery just 1 group. so funny I am cleaning my "closet" ahem it was a wall in no its a crawl in wall to wall boxes and found some leftover papermach ornaments

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to hvn101

I want to play. Please add me to one group. I love Christmas. Wish I would have checked this out before I placed my order with SB.com
I guess I will just go place another order. Fun!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

I already have my paper and it's quite pretty.

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to DKravec

I would like to join too. The paper is very pretty. I got mine on Saturday.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Dixie Leah

I placed another SB order. I really hope that they ship the two orders together since they were placed just a couple of hours apart..

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

count me in Martica!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-17-12 12:58 PM
In response to Dawna.s Place

Please include me too if you will!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Yeah Bon.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Pam in TX

Count me in.. will order paper soon. One group please this is my first swap.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to tneal40

Welcome Tela I added you to Group 3....

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Martica

Hello Bon so glad you could join us!

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to Martica

Hi Martica
I would like to join you for this swap. I have made ornaments before. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Thanks.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to 1Heart

I will take one please

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to tcletoaddison

Bon, it's so good to see you back. How are you feeling hun. We miss you when you're not around.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

My paper shipped from SB.com I should have it by the weekend. YAY!!! I have started searching inspiration.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Welcome Toni....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I still have to order it .....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Evening all. Late nap means a late night. Hope everyone is doing well.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to DKravec

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to tneal40

I should have my paper by tomorrow (Thurs). I have been trying to come up with some ideas.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

I have to order mine....

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Martica

I still need to order mine too but can't do it till the first:-(

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-20-12 12:47 AM
In response to DKravec

Hii Ladies...

Thank you all so much for the warm fuzzies! I am so glad to be back. I am feeling much better and really working hard at not working hard lol. What I mean is I am being more careful about not overdoing anything and just resting and enjoying life!! I am so blessed and happy to be in the company of my dear friends. Shana, Pam, Lorna, Dawna, Heather and Debbie...thank you so much for loving me through all this...it means the world to me. Martica...I think I have told you on more than one occasion, you are the sister that God intended for me, you are the beauty that was my Gran and you are the compassion that my mother should have been. I am more than blessed to be loved by you!!

I am so excited about this swap and this gorgeous paper!!!

Big hugs everyone...

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Good morning all.
Bon, Sweet sister it is SOOOOO WONDERFUL to see you. My heart is smiling.

I picked some little supplies for these yesterday. I should have my paper today when I get home. Can't wait to get started. I have a great group of ladies to create for.

made with tlc
Idol
made with tlc
In response to Lorna Lee

I bought my paper yesterday...as well as lots of other things I DID NOT need. But I WANTED them LOL Good thing DH did not see the bag.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to made with tlc

Tracy... I make sure I get home before he does... then when he sees it... I just say.."Oh that is stuff I bought a while back"

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to tneal40

I keep my items in the trunk until DH goes to take a shower, is in the back yard mowing or leaves to go so where.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Lorna Lee

jci

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
I keep my items in the trunk until DH goes to take a shower, is in the back yard mowing or leaves to go so where.

That's what I do too. What we go through for our addiction.........

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Pam in TX

I don't have to hide my stuff anymore, but now I can't afford it. I'm not sure which way is better.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Hahaha I luckly have my SB room close to the front door and the family room at the other end of house where my DH is usually at. So I sneak in and drop bag/s in room and then go to the family room like nothing is going on....Hehehe. If I get a package and he is home I say its from you ladies, he never opens packages so I can say they are hostess gifts. Its worked so far....hehehe. :rock:

made with tlc
Idol
made with tlc
In response to Martica

I fell like a reverse thief...sneaking stuff into the house instead of out!! Bad girl!! bad girl!! It could be worse...it could be shoes. then again it could be cheaper!!

Martica
Queen
Martica

I know I can relate Tracy.....

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to Martica

I was feeling really guilty because I was such a sneak!!! I don't feel so bad anymore because I'm in such good company!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Hahaha I luckly have my SB room close to the front door and the family room at the other end of house where my DH is usually at. So I sneak in and drop bag/s in room and then go to the family room like nothing is going on....Hehehe. If I get a package and he is home I say its from you ladies, he never opens packages so I can say they are hostess gifts. Its worked so far....hehehe. :rock:

Too funny. I received my Graphic 45 papers today from SB and a package from Terri Hooper so I just said it was my Texas swap. My room is first one in the house too. Easy to hurry in when he is in the shower and toss the bags behind the door. HEHE.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Dixie Leah

Ahhhh! Dixie what were you feeling guilty about?

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

This paper is really pretty IRL.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Lorna Lee

Just ordered mine from a store that had it discounted and then I had a 15% of coupon for them. Yippeeeeeeeeee. Can't wait to see IRL

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Pam in TX

Does anybody have any idea as to what type of ornaments they'll be making. I've been racking my brain thinking of something different from the typical chipboard pieces.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to DKravec

I have a cricut cartridge that cuts out 3 D ornaments that I may try. Hmmmmmm.

Edited by Pam in TX on 09-21-12 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Pam in TX

I bought some wood small bird house ornaments. I am going to cover and embellish them. I have some interesting ideas if they pan out to make them more detailed.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

I am thinking that each one may be a little different as I use up the paper in my stack. I bought the 8x8 pad.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Lorna Lee

I finished a mini that I made for my cousin for Christmas. Just for sharing. Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Mini Album By ILOVEPAPILLONS

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to DKravec

• DKravec Said:
Does anybody have any idea as to what type of ornaments they'll be making. I've been racking my brain thinking of something different from the typical chipboard pieces.

Deb, I never signed up for this swap but I was thinking that I would try it anyway. I have seen white ceramic ornaments at M's that can be decoupaged and you can fussy cut all the images and glue them on.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
I bought some wood small bird house ornaments. I am going to cover and embellish them. I have some interesting ideas if they pan out to make them more detailed.

Oh Lorna, what a fabulous idea!!!! Can't wait to see the finished oranments!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Linnny

Lorna, that sounds lovely. Great idea.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

I have not gotten the full stack of paper, but I did find it at a craft store and bought single sheets of what I would use. I have some ideas but I cant work on them till I head for home (on the coast with dh this weekend)

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to tneal40

Tela you have lots of time until Dec 10th to complete so don't stress.....and have fun.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Martica

Hey ladies, out of curiosity.......what is your basic color scheme for Christmas?
Mine is untraditional............sage,peachy coral, deep copper/rust, and brown

Edited by Pam in TX on 09-21-12 07:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Pam in TX

Awesome color combination Pam. I'm pretty open with my colors. I think it depends on my mood for that year. The last five years my mood has been non clutter with a pinch of I don't care, so I just didn't put up any christmas stuff. I'm hoping that changes this year now that I'm back home with family. Maybe a tree and a door wreath would be nice.

Lorna, love your idea of the bird houses. I had that on my list of possibilities so I'm so glad that someone is going to run with it.

Night all.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Pam in TX

Hey Pam I dont have a colour scheme for Christmas. My tree is decorated with a lot of ornaments that my children have made as well as the ornaments they get every year. That is one thing they always receive for Christmas, a new ornament which they get to take with them when they are all grown up and move out.

Lorna what a great Idea, Now I feel so unimaginive. I picked up large chipboard ball ornaments and smaller 3D angel ornaments to work with. Cant wait to start on these

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Drayia

When my kids got married I gave them all their ornaments for their trees and had to rethink mine.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-22-12 01:02 AM
In response to Pam in TX

Hii Ladies...

Pam...I have done the same thing for my children and now I've been doing it every year for the Grands.

Also your Christmas color scheme is much like mine here in AZ. I also do the Dark Burgandy and Hunter Green with a touch of Rich Cocoa and Pearl. I love Christmas...but have no idea how I will be creating this year.

You ladies always have such AWESOME ideas. Lorna...I didn't think of that! It would be too AWESOME if each ornament was different!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Good morning ladies.
Pam, I am so not traditional in my colors. I put pink(kinda a hot pink), purple, copper, teal blue, and a lime green(little bit) scheme together in my house. I get a little wilder in my Christmas decor the older I get. My tree shines. I bought all new a couple of years ago from the center isle at M's.
Shana, Angels are awesome (love'em)and you can always create on round.
Deb, I would love to see you take on the bird house ornaments. I so enjoy seeing how the same ideas can all become so different. That is on of the cool things about these swaps.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Lorna Lee

I am going with purple and teal this year. LOL

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to hvn101

• hvn101 Said:
I am going with purple and teal this year. LOL

Love your new avi. Beautiful pic.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Pam in TX

Lorna, I actually have a list of 10 different ornaments that I'd like to work on. I think I'll run up to M's today and see if they have what I'll need for them. I just got to find the ones that will allow me to use the paper with it. Lots of idea running thru my head tho.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

Can't wait to see what you come up with Deb.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Lorna Lee

I have a thing for Santa. So my tree has lots of santas on there, and ornaments I have collected through my life (and some my mother gave me).

Now my oldest daughter loves the vintage feel of Christmas and she decorates with peach, gold, tons of bling, and burgandy. Her tree is always so pretty. She also uses a lot of white.

bobbij
bobbij 
Governor
bobbij
In response to DKravec

Hi girls, thanks for adding me Martica!
Have a great day girls!!!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bobbij

Hello ladies I have officially realized I do not LIKE this paper line.... But lets see what I do with it. Luckly I only bought one 8x8 paper pad.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Martica

Martica, I also wasn't crazy about it but the ballerina's, Nutcracker and Clock are lovely.

made with tlc
Idol
made with tlc

I am not a huge fan of this paper either. Too taste specific for me...but I will make the most of it. I can make it work.

Martica
Queen
Martica

I agree Tracy....

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Here is my first ornament.
Nutcracker themed Christmas Ornament *Sweet Land* By Lorna Lee

Nutcracker themed Christmas Ornament *Sweet Land* By Lorna Lee

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Lorna Lee

WOW High bar already. You did awesome.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to hvn101

Thank you Heather for the compliment. I know this group and this is just the beginning.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Awesome Lorna....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-23-12 07:12 PM
In response to Martica

Lorna...That is sooooo sweet!! How big is the ornament?? Lots of detail!!! Love it!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Lorna, I'm lovin your bird house!!!! Such intricate work on the roof!!!! And you chose such awesome paint colors that really highlight the pp!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Dang Lorna, that is one AWESOME bird house ornament. You really brought out the colors in the paper. You really have set the bar HIGH. I'm heading over to M's tomorrow. I have something in mind just got to see if I can find the stuff I need to make it work. But I agree with everyone, not real fond of this paper.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to DKravec

I am LOVing this paper LOL. I am not a big fan of Graphic45 but love the colours and designs on this paper. Painted my ornaments now need to select the paper I plan on using, each one will be different and I have some neat emblishments to use too

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Drayia

Good morning ladies.
I am blushing. I love the Graphic 45 papers. This one may not be my fav but there are some pretty designs in it. The bird house I used is the small $1 size at M's. I amost wish not that I would have picked up different designs of bird houses too. I picked this one because I could add more detail. I loved the roof area and the heart door. I have ideas already for the next one and that picket fence. DH was very pleased with the way this ornament turned out. I wish that I could figure out a way to get paper in the inside. I am still working on that. I would love to have a scene inside. Only so much you can do with a small ornament but I want to make them special as possible for my group.
I can't wait to see what you ladies are brewing up. I am so unimaginative unless I have multi surfaces. You are all so cleaver thou. Deb, Your wheels are turning and that intrigues me.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

They didn't have what I needed at M's when I stopped by this morning. I picked up something else tho so I'll give it a try. If I don't like it, I only waisted three dollars. I can always check out Joannes or Hobby Lobby's if need be. I might try working on one today to see how it goes.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to DKravec

There is not much to go with this paper... I am a huge fan of Graphic 45 but They did not give us much to work with in regards to emblishments... so I will be heading to M's tomorrow morning to see what I can find to make my orniments pretty and special.... (hearing the mice turning my thinking wheel)

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to tneal40

Do you only use one mouse to turn your wheel Teia. It takes about three mice to get my mind working these days.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to tneal40

Recieved my papers today and they aren't as bad as they looked on the computer. Some of them though will be inked and distressed within an inch of their lives. LOL
Pulled out the cricut and gypsy and went to work with an idea I had and it's coming together nicely.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Hi ladies.....

made with tlc
Idol
made with tlc
In response to Martica

Great job Lorna. My muse has gone into hiding for this project. Still have time to figure something out. Gonna put it on the back burner and let it simmer for a few days...Weeks??? LOL

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat

I admire all of you.... when Martica sent me the invite, I looked at the paper and was not too happy with the look of it. Way too busy for my taste and not very fond of some of the colors for Christmas. I didnt think I could work with it so I decided not to join.

But I look forward to seeing everyone's creations!!

and Lorna, your birdcage is adorable!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to DKravec

• DKravec Said:
Do you only use one mouse to turn your wheel Teia. It takes about three mice to get my mind working these days.

I had a herd of them but since I started going to school to be a teacher (Oct 2010) I think some of them died from being over worked lol

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to tneal40

Poor little things. Mine are starving.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Good morning ladies off to work see you all later.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

It's a dreary rainy day today. I just love those kinda days. Perfect scrapping weather.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to DKravec

• DKravec Said:
It's a dreary rainy day today. I just love those kinda days. Perfect scrapping weather.

No rain here. :-(

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Pam in TX

Lorna, that little birdhouse is adorable. Love it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-25-12 10:27 PM

Hi Ladies...

Droppin' in to leave you all some lovin' and to let you know I've been searching out the perfect ornaments.

Love y'all!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

JCI

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Lorna Lee

All the orniments do not have to be the same do they????

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to tneal40

JCI

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to tcletoaddison

Tela they don't have to be the same.....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Evening all you beautiful ladies. Busy day of laundry and grocery shopping. I'm all tuckered out.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-26-12 11:32 PM
In response to DKravec

Peeping in on you beautiful ladies! How's everyone doing?!?

Martica
Queen
Martica

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics