Username Post: September/October recipe swap - Swapped and closed        (Topic#1580813)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, you could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 9/30/12.
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 10/15/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before the end of August!

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

Mail cards to

I reserve the right to ask you to choose another recipe in case we recently had that one, sorry.

Categories for this month are:

Crockpot meals
Thanksgiving dishes
Pies

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-20-12 04:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

** Crockpot **
1. Sally -
2. Keri- potatoe soup
3. Kris- buffalo chicken dip
4. Susie - roast
5. Corry
6. Jessica

** Thanksgiving dishes **
1. Kris - scalloped corn
2. Susie - cream cheese ball - yummmmm
3. Corry
4. Sally - cornbread casserole
5. Jessica

**Pies **

1. Sally - dutch apple pie
2. Susie - caramel pecan pie (MMMMM)
3. jessica

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-17-12 06:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

I would like a spot in CrockPot. But i see you have the sign up date open until 9/30....but you want them to you by 9/1? That's supposed to be 10/1, isn't it?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to minderaser97

So long as I'm not already late, I'd like to give this one a go. How about crock pot (buffalo chicken dip) and thanksgiving (scalloped corn)

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Hi Kris, you're not late! We're slow moving in the recipe swap, lol Welcome, Keri, got your pm.

We're doing Thanksgiving early since Canada has their Thanksgiving before we do.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-19-12 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Hoping to get started this weekend....and Krispyb.... I can't wait ti see you recipe for the dip!!!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

• minderaser97 Said:
Hoping to get started this weekend....and Krispyb.... I can't wait ti see you recipe for the dip!!!

It is AWESOME! Can't do any kind of a get-together without bring it...usually by request!

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

I would love to have a spot in the crock pot and one in the thanksgiving dish.. oh darn, put me in each group!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to SusieJ782

love all these...but after my last debacle, I don't think I feel right signing up. Sorry ladies.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782
In response to jessicaLB

Here are the recipes that I have picked out.

Crock Pot-Pot Roast (my favorite meal of all time)
Thanksgiving-Cream Cheese Ball (yummmmm)
Pies- Caramel Pecan Pie

Let me know if these will work.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to SusieJ782

checking in!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

Hi Ladies!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi everyone, I will have my computer back tomorrow evening and I will get caught up on everything!!! YAY!!!! so sorry to be so behind

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Jessica, it was the post office' fault, not yours. So, of course you're welcome.

Susie - Those work for me! I love pecan pie!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-24-12 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Please sign me up for the 'crock pot' and the 'thanksgiving' recipe swap. I'm pretty sure I know what recipes im going to chose, however I will let ya know within a cpl days! Im debating the pie entry one, as I suck at baking pies...lol ! Seriously!! The last one I attempted was a disaster! hmmmm, maybe I should to get a few new recipes....lol ! Ill let ya know Sally!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to craftncorry

LOL.. you're too funny.. there's always the ready made crusts and the Keebler graham cracker crusts.

I have my computer back online tonight!! woohoo, I'm a happy camper.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Ok, one of each please

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782
In response to jessicaLB

Just Checking in... Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SusieJ782

Somewhere I have my recipes. I found them last week while sorting out some paper work. One of the things I love about this swap, is, it's helping me to look up some old recipes and finally getting them down on paper and organized. I do cheat on occasion and pull one off from online if I can't find the one I was looking for.

You beat me to the pot roast one. I wish I could find this one I had for chicken. Talk about an easy dish. Put it in the crock pot and go about your business and it turns out perfect every time, but I always forget about that recipe. And of course I can't find it now. Just a few seasonings, easy peasy and tastes great, meat right off the bone. Leftovers are great to make soup with or sandwiches/salads.

I like to keep it to three recipes, but I sort of wanted to do a Halloween recipe. Anyone up to doing 4 this month?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I don't know that I know any Halloween recipes :s

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

Checking in! Not sure i know of too many Halloween Recipes either...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Oh well, I tried. I have a ton, I just never made any of them, lol.. I thought it would fun to make the recipe cards!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Mornin' Ladies! Hoping to have my recipes finished up this weekend.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Cool

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

JCI

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to jessicaLB

TGIF!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Yes and I'm going to a party.. a double birthday party, and no kids!!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Yes and I'm going to a party.. a double birthday party, and no kids!!

Hope you have a great time!!!

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Just checking in. Been kinda sick the last few days and had to go buy a pack and play for the grand baby to sleep in next weekend. I guess I got colorblind when shopping and grabbed a pick one instead of a blue one. Oh well, I guess the color won't hurt him! but, gotta deal with daddy and grandpa! Piece of cake!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to SusieJ782

Checking in. Anyone have any recipe cards in their gallery that I can take a look at? Just want to make sure I do them like everyone expects.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

JCI

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

I had some in my gallery, but not sure if they're still up there. I'll scan some later. I just went searching in the gallery. There's some but mostly boxes. I did find a digital from 2007 which gives you an idea, but doesn't showcase some of the great work the ladies do here.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/digital /1166431....

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SusieJ782

• mcaruth782 Said:
Just checking in. Been kinda sick the last few days and had to go buy a pack and play for the grand baby to sleep in next weekend. I guess I got colorblind when shopping and grabbed a pick one instead of a blue one. Oh well, I guess the color won't hurt him! but, gotta deal with daddy and grandpa! Piece of cake!

OOOPS! Can you exchange it? or do they frown on returning baby items?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Happy Thanksgiving, Corry (Canada's Thanksgiving today)

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

So glad Monday is almost over..... is it Saturday yet???

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm happy with the midweek.. I needed a break from the weekend, lol.. I needed my schedule back.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

I work 10-12 hour days.... i look forward to my time off!! And right now, with my kids after school activities and sports, we leave the house at 5:45am and don't usually get home until between 7-8 some nights....my weekends are all about cooking, baking, comfy clothes and scrapbooking!

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Thanks Sally, it was a great weekend

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

I should be dropping my cards in the mail this afternoon!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Mine will be a tad late...sorry. You can drop me if you want to.

For some reason, I had it in my head that these were due 10/20...same as the die cut swap. Mine will be finished today and mailed Monday along with the dies, if that's ok. My mail to you does tend to arrive quickly.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to krispyb

Mine will be mailed out this week as well

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

That's fine, don't worry if it's late, Kris. We're a bit laid back here. And Corry is just mailing hers and they're coming from Canada. I haven't gotten anyone's yet.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-13-12 06:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

I want to apologize to everyone for not getting mine done. I was put on some medication a couple of weeks ago and it is really messing with my thinking process. I have not gotten mine done. I am so sorry. I was looking forward to swapping with y'all. Please forgive me.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to SusieJ782

Hello Sally, im not sure if I'm the only one confused about the due date? Sign ups closed on the 30, and I don't like to start until I have an exact #, however just read they are to be in your hands by the 15? Even if I made them in one day,,which with my schedule whould be impossible, to mail from Canada as you know could take up to 2 weeks. I assumed if was in the mail this week that I would have plenty of time before the end of month?.....I apoligize for miss understanding. I will have them in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by craftncorry on 10-14-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm not sure what I did last month to be honest. I didn't have my internet/computer. I was using someone else' computer when I set it up. You're good. Just mail them when you can. I've been busy making stuff for my sister's craft fair coming up this Saturday. None paper stuff. If anyone is interested, I posted some pictures of some floral arrangements I made and some wreaths that my gf sewed and I embellished. I haven't worked with flowers in so long. I almost forgot, but I really enjoyed it.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Mine went postal this afternoon. I didn't get dc...I've never had problems getting things to you. They did tell me the eta was Wednesday, though.

I sent my dies with it...I can hold of on either to get them back together.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to krispyb

I mailed mine last night, and got a DC#. Sorry mine are later than I wanted, but we went to Seattle for a NFL game, and got back later than expected. Sent both months

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

That's ok, everyone is running a little behind this month. 000

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Kris, I got your recipe cards.. They are so cute! and thanks for the hg, what a great idea that little mini kit is!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I thought it was cute..but I've never had luck assembling them!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

ok...so i got mine BACK in the mail today....i must have been in a rush, never put zip code. So Sorry.....they will be going back out to you tonight....WITH the Zip code this time....

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

lol.. oops!

I'll be out of town this weekend, hope everyone enjoys theirs!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Jessica.. they finally arrived!!! I haven't opened them yet..

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Thanks for understanding on my being late. Mine went priority today. you should get them by Thursday at the latest.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SusieJ782

Ok, don't stress.. we get them when we get them. Even though there's just a few us in this swap each month. I've built up a nice collection of recipe cards this past year. I love looking at them. Michael's has the photo boxes on sale right now for $1.99 the fits them perfectly, too. They've been on their sidewalk sale for the past month or two. I bought one last month when they were $2.50.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I got two more packages in the mail today, but I didn't open them. I know one is from Corry.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm just waiting on Keri's then I can swap!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I'm in no hurry! jci

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to krispyb

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I pm'd Keri on Friday, I haven't heard back from her. So, depending on how are weather is, I might swap them out.. tomorrow.

omg, Corry, I just opened yours up. Of course yours put mine to shame, but we were thinking the same this month on the corner tab and the border across the bottom, lol.. I found some cards online I got some inspiration from. I couldn't print anything out because my computer broke down and I'm borrowing my sister's and I don't have the discs to download my printer. OR my Silhouette digital die cutter, now that's where I'm really bummin. I hope they can fix my computer. My Windows 7 totally crashed, ever since they started messing with updates last month, I've had nothing but problems.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-29-12 09:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I'm just waiting on Keri's then I can swap!

Sorry guys... have had no computer at home...just got it back this afternoon....my recipes are on their way... sorry for being so late. So many mistakes on my part.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I got your recipe cards, Keri. I'll probably not be able to get them out in the mail until Saturday. My daughter went into the hospital last night. I've been trying to get caught up on all my emails, I'm finally sitting down and eating something, I don't know where I posted or who I posted, but some of you know, my daughter had ran away this past weekend. She has been depressed, well last night, she asked to go to the ER for depression and suicidal ideation. She told me didn't want to be alive any more. So, after sitting in the local 8 hours last night, I watched them take my baby away by ambulance to the Center for Behavioral Medicine for children and adolescence. First, I never thought my child would ever run away, and second, never did I imagine I would see my baby being taken from on a stretcher at 3am. So, I'm going to bed soon, and then I have to wake up and drive out there in the morning, come home and turn around go back out there again. Visitation is from 11:15-11:55 and 4:15-4:55. It's a 50 min drive one way.

The next recipe swap.. think brunch and Christmas goodies!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

We'll be praying for her and you both.

Don't worry about getting them out...take care of your baby...we'll get them when we get them.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

awh,,,Sally ,,, I in no way ment to put anyone to shame,,,,:( I truly look forward,,,and love all the recipe cards,,,i in no way did I feel the need to compete with anyone.....I feel bad you feel that , as I know the love put into all the recipe cards. I hope you don't think Im trying to out do anyone it is truely not my intention,,,I do however very much enjoy this swap,,perhaps I should just not put so much love into into it as I just try to put a smile on everyones face,,,,never in a million years did I feel I was putting any one to shame ,,,sorry you feel that way. Well,,,I do look forward to seeing everyones recipe cards this month....let me know the postage,,,will honor that asap,,,thank you,,,,, Corry

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Sally,,,,just read your last post,,,I truely can feel your pain,,,,my daughter is 19,,,has been battling depression for a couple years,,,,oh how tough of a road it is,,,,I feel your pain,,,,all you can do is be there for her,,,although hard to understand,,,the guilt,worry and endless feelings are extremly hard to deal with,,,,just know,,, your not alone,,,,,all the best to you and your family,,,if you need to talk more,,,pm me...anytime,,,,Ive been there,,,still there ,,,,life it tough,,,just gotta stay strong....xoxo

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

OH NO Corry, I meant that as a compliment!!! I love your cards!! and I look forward to seeing them each month. Please, I get inspiration from yours and everyone else. I don't have all the digital stuff and printing knowledge and I'm learning as I go along. Please, I'm sorry, don't feel bad about your cards at all and I don't feel like your competing or nothing like that.

And thanks for the support. I am so grateful I have everyone here. I'm not one to reach out to people and because I've been absent and so disorganized and not keeping up to date, or making sure everyone else is on track, when my daughter ran away this past weekend, I finally couldn't hold it in anymore. I would just tell pieces here and there to different people like a jig saw puzzle and then not remember who I told what.

The support I've been getting from everyone here has been amazing. My email box is flooded every day with messages asking how my daughter is doing but even more so, how I'm doing and coping as her mother as you, yourself went through this with your daughter. It's so sad to see our children hurting this way. Last weekend when I called my friend to come over and sit with me, he couldn't because his 9 y/o granddaughter was in the same facility my daughter is in now. She has been being bullied by the boys in her 4th grade class since school started. She's been so depressed and she told her cousins she just wanted to die. Her grades started dropping and she withdrew from her friends and the teacher noticed her changes and the guidance counselor intervened. I hope your daughter is doing better. I'm thinking of becomming an advocate. I know for my daughter and her friends, their downfall is social media. Cell phones, Facebook, Skype, and the internet. They are forced to grow up at a very young age. I don't think computers should be introduced to them at a young age.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thanks, Kris.. she needs all the prayers and I need prayers for strength.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's the link to the November/December recipe swap

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Sally,

I am very sorry to hear about what's going in in your family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this time.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, I too have been batteling depression all of my life. I will keep your family in my prayers. If there is anything I can do for you just hollar. Thank you for all of your hard work on the swaps. You both will have a lot of work to do to get this under control and keep it that way. Good luck and God bless you.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to SusieJ782

Thinking of you and your daughter,,,stay strong Sally,,,she needs you as you know,,,,YOur not alone. Sending hugs to you and your family,,xo

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thank you everyone. I'm glad I've been letting the boards here know of my personal problems as my family (my sisters) is not as understanding and they only know how to lecture me on being a better parent. I don't lecture them and their kids and I keep my mouth shut and I'm there to support them when needed.

Yesterday evening, I took the recipe cards out, had to dig mine out, that took the longest time, trying find where I put them. I'll finish swapping them out this evening when I get home and get them in the mail tomorrow. Thank you everyone for being so understanding.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm going to the post office now, hopefully there's not a mile long line.. It's been a long day.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Can't wait to see the cool recipes from everyone! Hope things are getting better for you... still thinking of you and your family!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thanks, she might be coming home today. I wasn't ready for her to come home, I was planning for tomorrow.

I'll be sending pm's later today with postage amounts for paypal to Keri and Corry. I just took it easy yesterday and worked on some Christmas tags for another swap and did some light housekeeping.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

no prob.... i'll send it to you as soon as you give me the amount.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I got mine yesterday...thank you ladies, they are all lovely!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

I recieved mine last night! Great job Ladies!! Can't wait to see what the next set brings!!

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

HI Sally, let me know the postage amount when u get a chance ,thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I have to find the receipt. It was $3 something. I have the customs form, but can't find the receipt. Keri, I just sent you a pm with your amount.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

HI Sally, I Just sent you the postage amount of $4.00, via paypal, thanks again for hosting this swap
Corry

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Money is on it's way Sally....and i'm signing out of this one....see you over at the new recipe swap!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics