Page 6 of 12 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping -START OPENING LADIES!        (Topic#1581019)
Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Secret Santa2

That santa is so awesome. Looks like he is really popping out of the screen.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Lorna Lee

Parisdame: I'm just wrapping my gifts like regular presents with Christmas paper too.

Going to KC tomorrow to do a little Christmas shopping. M's is on my list . Perhaps I'll pick up a few more little somethings for my pal......

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to 4tgrfans

I started on my hand made, almost finished with my tags, and still need to make a card.

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson
In response to Lookin4newideas

JCI

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE

Tenant
In response to molson

FYI I will be wrapping my gifts with paper.. I am not that talented to make boxes..

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

ooohh secret pal.. I have been very good.. I have been working hard and scrapping.. so not much trouble for me to get into! lol

I luv that santa.. sooooooooooooo cute!

Im working all weekend so I hope you have an awesome one too!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I'm slowly plugging away on the handmades. I'm pretty sure my actual purchases are done... well, ALMOST done.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

• Sshhhpal Said:
ScrapAngel4 you must be behaving because two little elves delivered some packages with your name on them. I am hard at work on your handmade items that I think you will really enjoy. I hope you have a super weekend!!

ROFL I love this Santa also!! Kim what a great pal you must have

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Sassie

I know.. Im so excited!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to ScrapAngel4

Sooo how many more days til Christmas ladies?

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Not enough!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to Melissa Birlem

Right about that, it will be here before we know it.

AZGIRL
Expert
AZGIRL
In response to mwendt7

Checking in

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 11-10-12 07:18 PM

• Sshhhpal Said:
  • Cinj Said:
AWW!!! I have been good I promise. ;o)

Interests - that is a tough one. Of course I love scrapbooking but I also LOVE Christmas. I have a tree in every room and decorations to go with it. I basically remove all of my normal decor and put it in the attic so Christmas shines through. I have a room dedicated to victorian style (colors are cream, gold, pink and burgundy), a room dedicated to nature (nothing glass as my daycare is in this part of the house, so wood, pine cones, flowers etc.) my son even has a tree in his room with all Pittsburgh Steelers ornaments. I decorate on Thanksgiving because everyone is home to do it as a family. I will post pictures to my gallery.

I collect Longaberger sort of (I use all o my baskets even if they are hung up the come down when i need them)

I LOVE (can't stress that enough LOVE)choxie milk chocolate truffle that Target sells this time of year but mine is almost always out of them. lol

My favorite color is pink but I don't rarely decorate with it because I am the only female in the house. Even our dog is male. lol

I like the food mixed (cheese balls, dips etc.) that the department store sell for Christmas.

Wow! Sitting here thinking of things I like or want is really difficult. I shop for my family all the time but don't really shop for myself. I'm sorry if this is hard for you too. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me. If you need more info feel free to ask.

I have been been searching high and low for some
choxie truffles!!! hope my elves can find them for me soon because I only have tags to make then its WRAPPING TIME!!!

I asnwered someone else about choxie but didn't even see this and realize it was becasue of me. lol.
Target isn't carrying choxie anymore which is funny because it is exclusive to their stores. BOO on them.
I can't wait to see what you have been working on.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

• Melissa Birlem Said:
Not enough!

LOL

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

JCI

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to tcletoaddison

Hi ladies. I am finding that I am not very talented in making boxes either. I just want each item to be a surprise when it is opened. I may try again.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Lorna Lee

I am done with my shopping for my secret pal! Yeah

Happy Monday all!

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to silver26AK

I have never made tags before. I guess they are like scrapbook pages and get better as time goes by so I will apologize to my pal now for the beginner tags they will receive.
I am thinking of taping a post it note with the date the package should be opened written on it on the back of the tag so my pal can re-use the tag if they choose.
I usually add a post it note to the inside of my cards for my signature and greeting also so they may re-use that as well.

Would this be allowed?

I have 5 tags left to make then wrapping and Im ready to go but wanted to make sure I wasnt breaking any rules!!! SANTA IS WATCHING!!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to squirmys mom

That's a good idea with the post-it notes! I am going to do that for some of mine this year! Thanks for sharing!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 11-12-12 06:42 PM

I was thinking post it notes too. Great minds think a like. :o)

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Cinj

thats fine ladies.. about the post it notes.. Its your swap ladies.. im good with anything!

Hi to my Secret Pal and the pal im sending too!

is it you?
you?
or maybe even you?

ha ha time will tell!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Shopping now for my pal..tags are being made.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Good morning ladies.
Have a blessed day.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

jci

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to scrapwriter

Ive been made :/ I couldnt help it im bad at keeping secrets but Ive been good at not telling her what she got (yay me!)

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Sassie

bad Sassie.. lol

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

LOL Sassie! Too funny! I have to watch how I post sometimes cause I am trying really hard not to give it away. BUT ITS SOOOOO HARD!!!!
SOON!!!! We will all know SOON!!
YAY!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I still have to make my tags and gift. LOL.. I better get started!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

I know bad me!! I couldnt help it -- we begain to become friends, and I felt rotten for not telling her LoL Awe well she KNEW anyway, my talk is just one of a kind I cant fake it LOL!

I didnt make tags :S I also need to make her card, I put advent number stickers on each package plus i think i did it backwards - I stared with the day 1 instead of day 12 :S

Should I re-open it & re do anything??? It was tuff to pack for sure!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 11-14-12 08:32 AM
In response to Sassie

Sassie, I wouldn't repack. Just send a note along telling her which order to got.

I followed the song an started with 1 too.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 11-14-12 08:38 AM
In response to Cinj

Is anyone else having trouble deciding which package you want your pal to open when? I am. And the last one is the only one I am sure about. I might just wrap them all and put random tags on then we can both be surprised when she opens them. Lol

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Cinj

^^ I like that idea. I lay them all out in the floor in the order I think I want her to open them, but rearrange & switch.

Since I am new, that means I need to ship by November 30, correct ? Everything is ready, I just need to wrap everything and box it.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to 4tgrfans

yes Keri you must mail by the 30th.. and please write on the package DO NOT OPEN Until Dec..14th! lol

sassie you dont have to un stuff your box.. leave it be.. she will figure it out

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Just checking in for the week. I've wrapped a few things but several more to go yet.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• squirmys mom Said:

I usually add a post it note to the inside of my cards for my signature and greeting also so they may re-use that as well.

Would this be allowed?

I was getting ready to make my card and I had wondered, is the card for our secret pal personally? or for them to use to give someone else? And, do we open our card first or when our SS decides for us to open it?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I bought my stuff for my tags today and bought some awesome goodies for my pal as well. I am waiting until Saturday to order the last of her goodies from an online store. I have went overboard, but hey its the time of giving. Off to craftroom.

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 11-14-12 05:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to TJCraftyWitch

JCI

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly
In response to scrapbookgirl28

jci

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to scrappinlilly

i have to restart so i am lagging bad. but i am getting it done.

Resident

hi scrappinlilly. how are you doing? i have been working hard on your gifts. i want to make sure they are extra special. you got a great variety to chose from. do you like halloween? can you maybe give me a idea on the soccer stuff for the girl? are you looking for papers, embellishments, ribbon, or just stickers. i hope you have a great rest of the week. ill chat with you later.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

JCI. I need to check in and say hi to my pal. I hope she doesn't think I forgot about her :(. Will try to do that tomorrow.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

Hi to my pal. I am doing better. 2 full days back to work. I had planned on half days and ease in but things just dont always work the way you plan. I am ok tired. Sore some but not bad. I can definatly move my hands better. Still have heads hoping its from the swelling and healing. I can walk better too. I would say 40% improv on knees. The disks were bulging into my spinal cord more than they had thought.

Resident
In response to hvn101

Hi Erin!

So glad to see you pop in.. Santa was getting a little nervous thinking you were under the weather.. Im basicially done shopping for you, now I have to work on your tags and something else..

Have a great day!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I hope my pal is doing ok. I've not seen her post since the beginning. I will be going postal at the end of next week.

Have a wonderful day all.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scrapwriter

u2 Bren..

Dont worry your pal is around..

Resident

Cinj - My elves will be wrapping your gifts soon. Hoping to get out my sleigh and get to the post office within the next week.
I hope you are ready.

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

JCI, I have everything all laid out and almost ready to wrap. Halfway through with my handmades hoping to finish this weekend.

Resident
In response to mwendt7

Sassie,
I am just about finished. I just want to add a goody or two. do you have any food allergies I should be aware of?

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

love that santa at the pc.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to YourScrapAttack

Hi everyone

I'm wrapping up everything today. Still need to make my card and altered item though.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to parisdame

Glad she's doing good. Can't wait to send her things out.

AZGIRL
Expert
AZGIRL

Got the goodies in the mail today just need to make tags and send it off

Resident
In response to AZGIRL

mwendt7

I having a lovely time looking for your wonderful packages but have a question about the Tim Holtz stapler you asking about, is it the Tiny Attacher that you are wanting?? Also there are several things on you wishlist that I just can't find around here and would have to order them in from far, far away so was wondering if you have anything else you are hopeing for

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

So quick question as I dont want to give myself away to my pal
Who likes Spellbinders??
What about the SewEasy??
I have many things in my basket here at home for swaps that I have received double of, so all unopened and brand new just waiting for a home to go to. So would love everyone to answer even though I am just lookin for my pal's LOL.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

I am wanting to learn to use the nesting spellbinders they look really neat. I have a sizzix so I could use them just not tried yet lol

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to hvn101

I love spellbinders. I have never used the sew easy but very curious.

I need to get everything wrapped. I too am having trouble deciding what order everything should be ine. My tags are backwards too. I put 1st, 2nd, 3, 4, etc. Except on the last two. I stamped with one with a stamp that says twas the nite before Christmas and the other has a 25 on it for Christmas. Call it the blonde in me. Everytime I think I am done I find something that I think my pal would like more. So many decisions. I may just have to wrap them up and let fate take charge with where the tags land.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to Lorna Lee

I love Spellbinders and all the nesting dies.

I have been thinking about buying the Sew Easy for several months now, but just haven't broke down and done it. I think it would be a quick way to add decorative accents to my projects!

I am almost done wrapping all of my pal's gifts!!!

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

Im a fan of both. I have some spellbinders already. Love them! And just bought but have not used my sew easy!

Resident
In response to YourScrapAttack

Scrapbookgirl28: I'm double checking my list. I think everything is ready. I'm excited to see how you like everything!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving holiday next week!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I have a bunch of spellbinders and love them. The sew easy....well I do a lot of cross stitch & needlepoint so I don't know that I'd spend my money buying one when I figure I could just do it....but it certainly would make life easier I imagine then doing it by hand so if someone happened to give me one, I wouldn't be upset.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to disneylisa

Just checking in....my son will be home from college tonight, so I may not be in here for a few days.

Everyone have a great weekend !

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to 4tgrfans

enjoy your visit with your son Keri..

I have the seweasy.. and I have tried it once.. but thats only because Idont have the time to play with it.. I luv it though..

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

• Sshhhpal Said:

Hi Erin!

So glad to see you pop in.. Santa was getting a little nervous thinking you were under the weather.. Im basicially done shopping for you, now I have to work on your tags and something else..

Have a great day!

Hi Santa Thanks for checking in on me I can't believe December is getting so close! Hope life is treating you well!

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

• Sshhhpal Said:
hi scrappinlilly. how are you doing? i have been working hard on your gifts. i want to make sure they are extra special. you got a great variety to chose from. do you like halloween? can you maybe give me a idea on the soccer stuff for the girl? are you looking for papers, embellishments, ribbon, or just stickers. i hope you have a great rest of the week. ill chat with you later.

Hi pal, love the santa, yes I love halloween I have alot of halloween pages that need to be done my girls have been all kinds of things but here are some examples of what I need to do yet...pooh,tigger,witch,dorothy and blues clues

as far as soccer I can always use paper or embellishments or stickers (as long as they aren't flat I hardly ever use them) or handmade items ( I had someone make me a tear bear with her team colors and her # wish I knew how to make another one, someday I am gonna get me things to try to make my own tear bears, I am always trying to find different soccer things cuz she has played for 5 years (2 seasons a year) so I have alot of soccer to scrap I have a couple different soccer brads so I am probably good on them, her team colors are emerald green and white if that helps and they made it to state this year we went down last weekend she lost but still very proud of her team for making it they worked very hard for it and have tried to go the last 5 years so it was nice they finally made it I hope this helps have a great weekend

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I love the Spellbinders too. As for the sew easy I have it and only used it once - I didn't like it.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to Sassy Suzi

Questions.....
When we wrap the gifts and put the tags on them, we label the first one we want our pal to open as #12 then work our way to 1? Or do we put the dates on them Dec 14-Dec 25?
When do we reveal who we are? does the card get opened with the first gift or the last one?
Sorry, this is my first swap like this!

Resident

Hi Sassy Suzi, hope you have been busy with your pals goodies too. I am playing with your tags...shopping away for your goodies and deciding on what I am going to do as a handmade gift for you.

I can definitely find your chocolate covered cherries. The other one..I will have to hunt for some.
This is so much fun being secretive and playing secret santa.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 11-17-12 05:33 AM

• squirmys mom Said:
Questions.....
When we wrap the gifts and put the tags on them, we label the first one we want our pal to open as #12 then work our way to 1? Or do we put the dates on them Dec 14-Dec 25?
When do we reveal who we are? does the card get opened with the first gift or the last one?
Sorry, this is my first swap like this!

It is completely up to you. I would just include a quick note telling them the order you want them to open them. And you can tel them upon sending or wait until the last gift it is up to you how long you want to keep the secret.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cinj

I dont have any allergys, I dont like orange flavored candy though :S

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

JCI

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

R
  • Sshhhpal Said:
mwendt7

I having a lovely time looking for your wonderful packages but have a question about the Tim Holtz stapler you asking about, is it the Tiny Attacher that you are wanting?? Also there are several things on you wishlist that I just can't find around here and would have to order them in from far, far away so was wondering if you have anything else you are hopeing for

Glad to hear from you. Yes it is the tiny stapler I would like. As for other things I will have to think about that for a minute.

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to mwendt7

My package is all wrapped and ready to go. I will probably go ahead and mail it on Wed.

Resident
In response to scrapbookgirl28

Melissa I have been having so much fun shopping for you. All the tags are ready to go onto some nice packages. Continue to be good.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Resident

• scrappinlilly Said:

Hi pal, love the santa, yes I love halloween I have alot of halloween pages that need to be done my girls have been all kinds of things but here are some examples of what I need to do yet...pooh,tigger,witch,dorothy and blues clues

as far as soccer I can always use paper or embellishments or stickers (as long as they aren't flat I hardly ever use them) or handmade items ( I had someone make me a tear bear with her team colors and her # wish I knew how to make another one, someday I am gonna get me things to try to make my own tear bears, I am always trying to find different soccer things cuz she has played for 5 years (2 seasons a year) so I have alot of soccer to scrap I have a couple different soccer brads so I am probably good on them, her team colors are emerald green and white if that helps and they made it to state this year we went down last weekend she lost but still very proud of her team for making it they worked very hard for it and have tried to go the last 5 years so it was nice they finally made it I hope this helps have a great weekend

glad you like the photo of me sitting at my desk. thanks for all of the updates. do you like altered halloween items? congrats for your daughters soccer team. that is great to hear. i cant get the elves to play any kind of sports with me.

im still working on your presents and having fun. i hope you have a blessed thanksgiving. not to long after that I come to visit.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

looks like I am going to have to skimp on the nice pretty packages.......I cant get them to fit in the large flat rate box!!! UGH!!!!
Now I have to rewrap some of them!!!!
Oh well, its whats on the inside that counts!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

squirmy put a bow on it.. and some ribbon.. i consider that wrapped too!

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

• Sshhhpal Said:
  • scrappinlilly Said:

glad you like the photo of me sitting at my desk. thanks for all of the updates. do you like altered halloween items? congrats for your daughters soccer team. that is great to hear. i cant get the elves to play any kind of sports with me.

im still working on your presents and having fun. i hope you have a blessed thanksgiving. not to long after that I come to visit.

yes I would use altered halloween items....halloween, christmas and easter are about the only holidays I scrap and once in awhile 4th of july so I would use anything that has to do with halloween

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

Thats what I am going to do. I want to get it out this week if possible!

scrapangel1
Veteran
scrapangel1

hi im checking in sorry i haven't done much checking in but i did do my shopping for my pal.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to scrapangel1

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Only 3 days of work certainly makes Monday better then usual for me.

Resident

Drayia, You should have your package of goodies in a week or two. I do not have experience with mailing to Canada so I wanted to try to get it moving early. Shake your jingle bells.....
I have the customs form but they told me that I could not do the Confirmation Receipt.
I did not know what to put on the customs form either. I just put decorations. and that it is a gift. I really hope that it makes it there okay. I did find out that you should not package in priority mail boxes to ship there. It cost twice the rate and doesn't get there any faster. HMMMMM..... I did not want to risk taking it home and repackaging.... I want it to get there. It is on the way! Hope it gets there in one piece. Several pieces in one, I should say.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• Sshhhpal Said:
Drayia, You should have your package of goodies in a week or two. I do not have experience with mailing to Canada so I wanted to try to get it moving early. Shake your jingle bells.....
I have the customs form but they told me that I could not do the Confirmation Receipt.
I did not know what to put on the customs form either. I just put decorations. and that it is a gift. I really hope that it makes it there okay. I did find out that you should not package in priority mail boxes to ship there. It cost twice the rate and doesn't get there any faster. HMMMMM..... I did not want to risk taking it home and repackaging.... I want it to get there. It is on the way! Hope it gets there in one piece. Several pieces in one, I should say.

I will keep an eye open for it, my expereince is that it will arrive here in about 14 days. So dont sweat it for at least 2 weeks and that is business days, nothing move this side of the boarder on weekends Can't Wait!!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to Drayia

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been in here as often as I'd hoped. The craft fairs have been keeping me busy. Every time I go buy materials for the craft fair items, I end up picking up something else for my pal. Someone's getting spoiled.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! We have 3 separate Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday, so we'll be all over town. My Aunt is hosting her side of the family in the morning, then my Mother is having us over for lunch, and then we have the huge family reunion dinner. It's always a great time though! By Friday, I won't want to look at another turkey for months!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

JCI to say hi. I hope that every one is having a wonderful start to thier week.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to Lorna Lee

rewrapped my presents but still not sure if they will all fit....may have to rethink this flat rate box! LOL

Resident

Hi Lisa!

So sorry I haven't checked in to say Hi in awhile. I have not forgotten about you, there's no way! Been busy getting things ready for you. Shouldn't be long now. I hope you are doing well and getting to have some scrappy time. Have a Happy Turkey Day and be safe if you venture out for some shopping this Friday

Tenant

thanks for checkins ladies!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Scrapnhvn

jci. how is everyone?

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• Sshhhpal Said:
Hi Lisa!

So sorry I haven't checked in to say Hi in awhile. I have not forgotten about you, there's no way! Been busy getting things ready for you. Shouldn't be long now. I hope you are doing well and getting to have some scrappy time. Have a Happy Turkey Day and be safe if you venture out for some shopping this Friday

Hi Santa - I had some bad days for a while but much better this week. I think I'm really looking forward to the upcoming time off.

Tonight I am going to teach a bunch of 11 year old girl scouts how to make ornaments which they are using for an ornament drop (leaving them randomly around town for people to find). Might post photos after they are done, if it goes well.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

jci

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to hvn101

Thanks for checkins ladies!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to mwendt7

• mwendt7 Said:
R
  • Sshhhpal Said:
mwendt7

Glad to hear from you. Yes it is the tiny stapler I would like. As for other things I will have to think about that for a minute.

So after much thought about if there was anything specific I would like. To be honest I cannot really think of 1 thing specifically. I am taking my son to Disney World in January so anything Disney would really be great. I have had my eye on the new paper pad with Captain hook in it. So I would say surprise me! and Thank you for being my Secret Santa!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mwendt7

Its beginning to look like Christmas...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I guess I should start wrapping my gifts. I have everything else done.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Sally - going to be up Dec 6-12ish, then back at Christmas. Lets plan something. Take me to Pat C.....

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

JCI Ladies

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to tcletoaddison

Just checking in......

Happy Thanksgiving !

Lorna Lee