Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: ##October Ugly Paper Challenge## Working our Magic        (Topic#1581059)
YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Pam in TX

jci. cant figure out how to work these ugly papers.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to YourScrapAttack

wow- so many people stumped - Pam- I guess it was you being sick that threw you off because you being stumped surprises me.

JCI & ACU - hope everyone is having a great week. I have drill this weekend, so won't be doing much in the paper world (good thing my ugly LO is done). PT test and suicide prevention training will dominate the weekend. We've lost so many Soldiers and Airmen to suicide recently- heartbreaking.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

Oh Char, that's so sad. Something they don't broadcast on the news, but makes sense now why they ask you every time you go to the VA if you're having thoughts of suicide.

I wasn't stumped with my uglies, just the opposite. I loved mine that I didn't want to mess them up and sat on them. Finally, last night, I got an idea based on I a sketch I got the other day from sketch savvy. Last month, in my die cut swap, one our themes was rock and roll and we all made guitars. I pulled some pictures from a Heart concert I went to 7/4/1990. I have tons of pics and a bunch of heads in the way of the stage. I've always like the film strip look and I have a digital die cut so I decided to try that and voila! I worked on my lo until 4am! But I did a 2 page lo. I used the entire sheet of the guitar paper. And my back is killing is me now, lol. Rhonda, if you don't like that paper, you can send the rest my way

It's very overcast, I'll see if the sun wants to come out later today to get a decent picture.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Lookin4newideas

the news doesn't cover it much- but what happens when a Military person comes home from deployment- they go from being in a tight, constant group that becomes their family- their life line. Then they come home & are isolated. Those that have strong family are usually able to transition well (it's not 100%) but those who were faced with a break up or divorce on their return or are single are the biggest risks. That black hole of aloneness swallows them up & they see no other way out than death. It is a devil's lie- but without others contacting them- involving them- pulling them out of that hole- they will become another statistic. The training we get is not only self realizing our own symptoms, but much is how to get help for someone else we notice- someone who is serious about suicide may give away prized possessions quietly- or suddenly seem withdrawn and not show up to an appointment or gathering- act out of their normal character- there is usually a narrow window there too as they have a plan they aren't advertising...
So- pray for our service men & women- that they don't just make it home safely, but that they don't fall victim to this scenario and end their own life. Sometimes the deadliest enemy resides within us.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

I know a couple of guys I chat to online who were deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan and it ruined their marriages. They lost their jobs due to depression. Two of them work as prison guards in different parts of the state. I never thought of them considering suicide but I know of the severe depression they feel and have offered them my friendship and a few of my other Vietnam veteran friends that suffer PTSD services as well. That's one thing I like about being a veteran. Doesn't matter if you're a war veteran or not, we're a family and take care of each other.

Here's my lo. We're not supposed to get any sun for awhile..

*Heart concert 1990/October Ugly paper lo By Lookin4newideas

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

My son is on his 4th deployment in 2 and a half years. He is lucky enough to have a family and a great group of friends. When he got back in June they went camping and all kinds of outings all summer long. I am so glad they got to do that as he was sent back out just 3 months later for another 6 months. This time they didn't give any clue as to where he is

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Pam in TX

Finally inspiration struck! Unfortunately I completely forgot to include the embellishment. I finished looked at my layout and went I like it and then saw my green turtle staring at me. Oops!

A Tomboy By AuntyT

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to AuntyT

hello ladies...JCI ..finally have a somewhat decent pic of my papers!

Sep-Oct Uglies side one By Denielle.c.podraza

Sep-Oct Uglies side By Denielle.c.podraza

sally- I do have a scanner but it is wont work. the paper has to feed through it and 12x12 is to big ;(

I am starting to feel better!! Still going a little slow though.

Debby- COngrats ...what a cutie!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to denielle.c.podraza

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to debby_westbrook

ACU

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

I won't be doing this challenge for a bit... I will miss you, but I will still check in.. After all you still need to have a Angel in here...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• debby_westbrook Said:
I won't be doing this challenge for a bit... I will miss you, but I will still check in.. After all you still need to have a Angel in here...

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

• debby_westbrook Said:

Oh that is sad news, losing our "angel."

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

DaNel, thank-you so much for the RAK it came in the mail yesterday.

CRYSTAL - Will DS2 ever be able to look at anything beautiful again? Get the lad onto the therapist's couch now whilst there's still time to save him!!!

I like to think he will be able to identify beautiful things far easier after seeing what ugly truely is!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

• debby_westbrook Said:

Then how am I supposed to get you to send you pretty papers?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm not exactly sure how Friday is already here, I feel like I lost a couple days this week (but that happens when you don't feel good I guess) ... oh well, the weekend is (amost) here and I can try and keep track of next week better!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to MrsCDJ

Come back soon, Debby . . .

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to NMscrapper

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• debby_westbrook Said:

Debby, you will be missed terribly, and who am I to banter with? I hope to see you here again soon enough take care my friend, and the best of Scottish luck to you!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to sasload4

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

• debby_westbrook Said:

Stay around long enough to vote at the first of the month.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to DaNel Hicks

• DaNel Hicks Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:

I will still be here, I just can't do the swaps or challenges right now... Anything that costs money even a little bit, I can't do right now...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

• debby_westbrook Said:
  • DaNel Hicks Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:

I will still be here, I just can't do the swaps or challenges right now... Anything that costs money even a little bit, I can't do right now...

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to charcats7

Here is my ugly layout. I used the dotted paper as a bg layer. The awful pink paisley I used as the outer circle on the journal tag and as a corner embellie under the journal tag. The embellie, I cut two of the white and green dotted curves out and added them to my flourish. TFL

Happy Visit By Vincarash

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to vincarash

ACU

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to charcats7

I'm ACU ... pretty sure anyhow, don't think I missed anyone!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MrsCDJ

acu!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MarciLB

JCI I'm still waiting on something coming in the mail and my LO will be done, and I'm hoping it gets here soon, real soon!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to sasload4

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to charcats7

Here is November's Thread!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

I'm updating the front as we speak.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

WOW- already time for November signups. Where did October go???

renaylucy
Veteran
renaylucy
In response to charcats7

Here are my uglies:

Oct Uglies By Renaylucy

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to renaylucy

PAM - post your uglies.. it's almost the end of the month.. I can't remember what I sent you. I'm starting to feel like I'm being boycotted.. first my uglies I mailed out aren't posted, then I make this really cool 2 page lo with my uglies and I only get 3 comments. I'm not feeling the Love, LOL!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-24-12 12:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I'm so sorry Sally!!! I don't know how I missed your lo!!! I left you some love....

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• Lookin4newideas Said:
PAM - post your uglies.. it's almost the end of the month.. I can't remember what I sent you. I'm starting to feel like I'm being boycotted.. first my uglies I mailed out aren't posted, then I make this really cool 2 page lo with my uglies and I only get 3 comments. I'm not feeling the Love, LOL!

PAM CAN'T GET INTERNET AT THE MOMENT,AS SOON AS IT'S BACK SHE'LL POST HER UGLIES.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to sasload4

Sally - Me, too! Sorrrrrrrrry!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Sally, I don't think I've commented on anyone this month. I've been super busy.

I did find out one of my friends now has until the 15th of Nov to move so that helps.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

ACU again!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I'm here! Came over to Sandra's to use her internet as ours is doing a dissappearing act.

Here are the lovelies that Sally sent me. I still have no idea as to what I am going to do with them.
October uglies By Pam In TX

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Pam in TX

JCI
this is the last weekend in Oct - where did the month go?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to charcats7

Been a busy crazy month ... I hope it calms down, but I guess that is wishful thinking with the holidays coming up fast huh?

(ACU)

Edited by MrsCDJ on 10-27-12 02:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to charcats7

Was planning on working on my layout this weekend but I spent the last 36 hours fighting to save our two new puppies from Parvo. We lost one this afternoon and now I'm fighting to save his brother. Please keep Lucky in your prayers that he makes it through the night. They were scheduled to get their shots this next Wed.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to charcats7

hi papa By YourScrapAttack

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to YourScrapAttack

ACU & JCI

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

jci!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-28-12 04:30 PM
In response to MarciLB

Wow lots going on in here and I have been missing it. Been having trouble with my neck and can't stay at computer for very long.
Am trying to leave love one challenge at a time.

Sally - we love you honey..and I can't wait to go in and take a good look at your lo - the tab is already open.

Danel - can you fix the link you put in the front for my lo? It's all screwy so the pic doesn't show.

Thanks.

Debby Debby Debby what ever will we do without you? Come join some other challenges that don't require a mailing why don't you?

Char I think it is the saddest thing that our soldiers do end up feeling and being so alone when they come back. It is a rough rough ride.

OK off to leave love and bbl.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to charcats7

front is fixed and up to date

renaylucy
Veteran
renaylucy
In response to charcats7

Here is my ugly layout!
Royalty By Renaylucy

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to renaylucy

Pam's other puppy passed this afternoon, and she's pretty devastated. Pam is going out of town for a couple of days to spend some time with her family. I'm not sure she will get her uglies done for this month, she's so sorry!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to sasload4

Tell Pam, I'm so sorry for her loss. That's so sad. I'm sorry I cursed her with my papers.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

SALLY - Silly girl don't think like that. You were just doing the guidelines for the challenge and stumped Pam good, real good!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to sasload4

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I'm sorry to hear about the puppies. I've heard that Parvo has been really bad this year.

Just some tips before buying/accepting puppies for EVERYONE!! Disinfect your house first. Even if your a neat person if Parvo is there the pups will get it. Older dogs can carry it and not be sick.

I worked at a vet before and this is one thing that only time and the correct timing can heal.

I have some lesson students that said they lost a dog last year to parvo. Decided to get a puppy a few weeks ago and it now has parvo. The pup caught it from their home.

Pam. If you choose to do your Uglies next month that is ok.

HUGS

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I'm so sorry to hear about Pam's puppies. Parvo is a huge risk and even when you think you're being careful it can still rear it's ugly head. We sold a puppy to a couple once and a few days after they took him in to the vet for his 9 week shots he ended up with Parvo ... still aren't sure if he got it from the vet's office or if he got it because the couple was taking him everywhere with him. It cost them $3,000 to save him, but save him they did. If it was me, I wouldn't have the means to fight the Parvo like they did, so I am always scared of it.

Edited by MrsCDJ on 10-30-12 05:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

• DaNel Hicks Said:
I'm sorry to hear about the puppies. I've heard that Parvo has been really bad this year.

Just some tips before buying/accepting puppies for EVERYONE!! Disinfect your house first. Even if your a neat person if Parvo is there the pups will get it. Older dogs can carry it and not be sick.

I worked at a vet before and this is one thing that only time and the correct timing can heal.

I have some lesson students that said they lost a dog last year to parvo. Decided to get a puppy a few weeks ago and it now has parvo. The pup caught it from their home.

Pam. If you choose to do your Uglies next month that is ok.

HUGS

If I could use them for next month that would be great. Thank you.
I was home alone with no car and no money as my husband was working out of town, so I called the vet and followed what he told me to do but it wasn't enough. The first 1 died within 24 hours and the second 1 lasted 3 days.
We have been putting bleach on everything and leaving it for half an hour before cleaning it up. We also threw away their dog house all their toys and everything that came in contact with them. We will be waiting at least a year before getting another dog and will get 1 it has had more than 1 shot. They were only in our backyard and no where else and we have never had parvo here. In California they had learned that it also goes airborne in times of high winds, so we are guessing that a neighbor must have had it with 1 of their dogs. They we're scheduled to get shots tomorrow. For now I will stick to my cats.

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to charcats7

I ladies!!!! sorry I have been MIA!!! I deleted this page from my favs?!!!?? I will have my LO uploaded either tonight or tomorrow am!! Finished it just waiting on a friend to come over and take a pic for me!!! I really need a new camera!! I was using my phone but that broke to

You all have done some great LOs this month!!!! I will get caught up on some love later tonight!!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to denielle.c.podraza

Here's my LO for the month.

SPOOKY ANGELS By Sasload4

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to sasload4

ACU - it's the end of the month- wow

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to charcats7

Cutting it close!!!! but here it is:
Lock him up anf throw away the key By Denielle.c.podraza

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to charcats7

The front is up to date.

Please vote BY NUMBER the top 5 finished layouts and the top 3 ugliest papers. Voting will be until the end of the day Saturday. I will post the poll Sunday at some point in the day.

Please let me know if you used your embellie so I can give you extra points towards your own layout

Edited by DaNel Hicks on 11-01-12 04:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I sent in my votes and now I'm signing off and moving over to November WITH my address in hand HAHAHAHA!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MrsCDJ

Voted!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Pam in TX

voted - see ya over on the Nov thread

sasload4
Governor