Username Post: Smash books...        (Topic#1581103)
arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Hi, everyone! What exactly is a smash book? And how do you use it? Thank you for your input.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to arteshamac

Good question! I'm curious myself!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I'm not really the right person to answer since I haven't done a smashbook, but my oldest granddaughter loves doing them. I think of it as a scrapbook album without all the work :>)

She just went on a trip to DC and NYC and took a book with her. Each day she'd "smash" in the ticket stubs, receipts, notes of what they did...anything she wants to keep, but not worrying about adding flowers, glimmer mist, etc. If she adds a button, it's one she got on the trip. She's leaving room to add some pictures for each day, but just to show what all she did.

If you go to the Gallery and click on the search tab (not the search bar at the top) and put in "smashbook" you'll see lots of examples.~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mrsdriver5

Also, if you search for smashbook in the sb store, you'll find all kinds of fun things to go with the books. You can still have fun decorating the pages, but just not to the degree that most people do their LOs.

People sometimes use them to journal their daily life, maybe how they're doing with diets, breaking a habit, getting through a health issue, etc.

They look intriguing...I just can't catch up with what I'm already doing ~Judy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Thanks for the reply, Judy.
You explained it very well!

I also clicked on Gallery and then searched "smash books" and found some good pics!

Between your explanation and the pics I now understand.
Funny because I didn't even ask the question but have always been curious!

BTW - I think it looks fun but don't know if I could do something like that w/out feeling the w/drawals of the other type of "scrapbooking"!!! LOL!

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to Doreena

Smash books/journals are anything you wish them to be.
You can have themed pages, collections of images, lists, poems, songs, trinkets, souvenirs, hopes, wishes, dreams, pictures, etc. Like Pinterest in a haphazard free style book form. There is no rhyme or reason for anything in your book, if you like it, claim it on a page.

You can buy them and accessories or make them up yourself.

Quick Video Explanation

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thanks, Judy! I searched the gallery and found examples. I am going to buy me one this weekend:)Artesha

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to PokeyMom

Thank you! I am going to invest in one:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Just watched the video and I want one now too!LOL!
The bad thing is I think Ihave probably threw a lot of stuff away I could have kept in my smash book because I couldn't think of how to incorporate it on a SB page... bummer! Kinda makes me sad actually!

Edited by Doreena on 09-26-12 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I normally keep everything in a photo box, but I don't think it's too late to start one:)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I am going to watch a video of one when I get home. Thanks:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• arteshamac Said:
I normally keep everything in a photo box, but I don't think it's too late to start one:)

Yeah, I guess it really is never too late...
Good luck w/ yours!!!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Good luck with yours, too

Tenant

I've just started a scrapbook smashbook! It's divided into sections (I made my own) that has room for quotes, shopping lists, tips, techniques,scrap lifts and layouts. I fill it with clippings from magazines, websites and my own lists and ideas. I use the stickers I wont use in my scrapbooks to decorate.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to PaperTulip

I gave a smashbook to my 10yr old dgd and she went wild. Stickers, papers, photos, coloring things, ribbons, etc. Anything & everything. When I gave it to her, she asked what to do and I told her to do anything she wanted. Write it, scribble, whatever. There is no wrong or right. She's done that one and another on their 2 wk vacation is summer and now she's on a 3rd one.
Absolutely the greatest way for kids too to get creative!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Abby0317

I ordered one of off Amazon yesterday and I am just itching for it to get here!
I'm trying to decide if I should wait until January to start using it and then use it to document all of 2013 or start as soon as I get it?
I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

At first I was hesitant becaue I thought it may be a distraction from my scrapbooking, but I thought about it some more and I realize it will actually assist me w/ my scrapbooking!
I can jot down notes, write down ideas and document events in the book and then later on I can refer to it when I want to make an actual scrapbook page about the event. But if I never do get around to it, I will still have the memory documented in my fun little book!

Edited by Doreena on 09-27-12 07:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Doreena

i bought a Smash book and gave it to myself for my birthday because I knew no one else would get it for me. what I have got to learn is think outside the page. I tell myself nothing has to be as it is.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to cescrapper

doreena your idea sounds good. i want to document 2013 but i know i don't want to do another project Life. This is a goood idea.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to cescrapper

Yes, I think it will be less stressful to have everything documented in the SMASH book, but if you decide you really want to create a scrapbook page about it, you still can and you won't have to try to remember the details of the event because it will already be documented in your book! Heck, the journaling for your page will already be done too!

Edited by Doreena on 09-27-12 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Doreena, when I first asked the question and got all of the wonderful suggestions, I knew I would get one. I love to write and have kept a journal since I was eleven! I won't stress myself out about my smash book( that I'm purchasing today), but I will use it as a tool to help me with my memories and writing. I willl not allow it to overwhelm me to the point where I abandon my scrapping. Lol! Now it's time to clip my 40% coupon from M's so I can get my smash book;) I am not sure if I will wait until 2013 to start mine. I, too, will play it by ear. I wish I had something like this as a teen!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thanks for everyone who posted wonderful suggestions and comments. I will be getting a smash book:) You talked me into it! Lol! Have an awesome Thursday! xoxo

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I'm trying to decide if I should wait until January to start using it and then use it to document all of 2013 or start as soon as I get it?
I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

Why not start using the one you just ordered now and continue using it for whatever you choose to put in it...then order a second one specifically for 2013. Maybe the 2013 more for day to day things that happen, but the other one for thoughts, lists, doodling...whatever.

My 20-yr-old granddaughter has something like 4 or 5 smashbooks + a couple of journals going. Several years ago she wanted to do sbing, so we bought her tons of stuff for Christmas...and it sat in her room. She used some of the paper to make cards, but that was it. Finally she needed the space and money and sold it all to her mom :>) But the smashbooks and journals she's really gotten into.~Judy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Yes Judy that's probably what I will do!
I figure if I start on it this year, I can always buy another for next year, there's plenty of time to do so if I start using this one. But if I don't well than I already have one for next year.
I have 2 events I am going to, plus my b-day, next month...so I can already imagine I will not be able to wait until next year! Hahahahahaha!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

My daughter and I are registered for the Smashbook class at the CK convention next weekend. The class kit looks pretty good and I'm really excited. i'm going to make my smashbook about ME. I always scrap the family and kids stuff, but never me. i'm not even IN half our vacation pix because I'm the one taking the pix. I'm going to make it all about the things I like and the things I've done

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to 4tgrfans

• 4tgrfans Said:
My daughter and I are registered for the Smashbook class at the CK convention next weekend. The class kit looks pretty good and I'm really excited. i'm going to make my smashbook about ME. I always scrap the family and kids stuff, but never me. i'm not even IN half our vacation pix because I'm the one taking the pix. I'm going to make it all about the things I like and the things I've done

Excellent idea!!!!!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to 4tgrfans

A smash book about you is a fabulous idea!

Diva

MIne is about my travels and where I would love to visit.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to bayamonesa1

Awesome idea!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

went to Target today and some of their "Smash" stuff was on sale. Bought 2 pens (always good to have extra) for $1.48 each, regularly $2.99 each and 2 different Smash pads (30 sheets each) for .98 cents each, regularly $1.99 each. The books themselves weren't on sale though - $12.99 but I got mine off of Amazon for $10.
I think it was meant to be! LOL!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Wowzer! Thanks...I will check the Target here this evening:) I love when my scrappin' stuff is on sale or clearance:) Great finds! BTW I love your layouts, Doreena, especially your doodling. Doodling always makes me nervous because I feel as if I am going to mess my layouts up! Any tips?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Awww...you're so sweet!
But, I wouldn't call what I do "doodling" , its more like "outlining".
If that's what you want to do it's really easy:
> use a good pen - I use the fine tip side of my black zigs for almost all of my outlining
> follow the edge of whatever you're outlining/use it as your guide
> go slowly
and even if it's a little crooked, it doesn't matter...in fact I think it helps w/ the artistic/homemade look of it!
Funny thing is I was a bit afaraid at first and now, I don't feel a layout is finished unless I outline some of it! LOL!
I'm actually trying to cut-back on it because I was starting to think I did it too much!
But I do get a lot of compliments so mayb I should just stick w/ it.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Well, I love your "outlining" and keep doing it;) I think I may get enough nerve to try it on a layout soon! Lol!

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

for those of you with a Michaels nearby-their XL Smash books are $ 14.99 on sale but there is a web coupon for an addtl 20 or 25 % OFF today only Though....you still have time!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to mizzblue

I didn't know they had XL ones. I will have to stop by after I drop my daughter off at her Homecoming dance tonight. Thanks for the info, MizzBlue;)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

got my book in the mail today and im going out tonight, somewhere new, in Hollywood... coincidence? i think not! hahaha! so much for waiting until next year...

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

I have some pictures of my first SMASH book on my blog but they weren't that good...So I re-photographed them for my friends. You can check it out HERE :

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to mizzblue

Just checked your blog out, Kate! You are awesome for letting me take a peek into your SMASHING world! Now the question is will it be so addicting that it comes before my layouts? Hmmm...

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Happy SMASHING, Doreena;)

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

thanks for coming by! Hope I inspired you in some small way...SMASHING never takes precedence over scrapping in my book ever! But SMASHING is a great weekend project, or a great thing while traveling...I hope to work on my next one this week so come back by sometime!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-01-12 04:03 AM
In response to mizzblue

Love, love, love my smash book!! Lot's of times I'll practice a technique or play with a new stamp and it will come out so cute I won't want to throw it away. Instead of collecting them in a little basket, I smash them collage style onto a "page of unwanted art" I am just loving this page. Enjoy your smash book!

Lunie

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Lunie

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get started:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Okay had to share!
My Smash book - I got the pink one:

Got My Smash Book By Doreena
My first page:

1st Smash Book Page By Doreena

Nothing fancy...just a few pics printed on regular copy paper and taped in, w/ a description of my weekend and a tiny bit of doodling and one random fact about me related to one of the subjects that I am highlighting from my weekend. (kinda like "Pop-up Video" from VH-1, LOL!)
It is super simple but I had fun w/ it. Trying to decide if I want to stay super simple. I think I will because I already buy so many embellishments for my scrapbook pages.

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I forgot to mention, I made this page at work...now trying doing that w/ a traditional scrapbook page... it's not possible (well unless you work at a scrapbook store, right?)!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Doreena! Love your book! Go figure...I post the question and your book comes first! LOL! J/k:) I plan on working on mine during my lunch breaks and in between patients, so great minds think alike:)I don't really use a lot of mists and paint, but I am going to let go and mist and paint in my smash book! Have a wonderful scrappy day!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Have you decided to smash day to day, events, week by week, etc? Or whatever and whenever your heart desires?!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

LOL! Sorry I hi-jacked your thread!

I can't wait to see your pages! Seriously seeing as you are the one who got me all amped up to do this!!!

I think my Smash book w/ be an evolving process...
I guess it depends on my mood when I go to work on it.
BTW - I keep wanting to treat it like a diary... that's no bueno because if I do that, I'll have to hide it!!!!

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 07:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I will post and I love your first page! And it's ok. The silly question is the one not asked, so I love that I was able to help you while asking the question:)I think that I will really love smashing because I love keeping remnants of memories, journaling, and I love to document life!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Which one did you get?

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

When I said that yours came first I meant that you got yours first! LOL! I didn't make it to M's this weekend. Too busy getting my daughter ready for Homecoming. I think I want an XL one, though. I saw some at Walmart yesterday, but they were regular sized. I may make it out to M's today...if not then definitely by Friday! I want to use my 40% coupon for an XL smash book. Let me ask you this, though. What are the differences between the colors?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

If you read the descriptions it tells you the type of Pictures they use for the backgrounds.
For example I think the orange one is retro, so the BG pics are more retro-y.
The pink one is more girly backgrounds. But if you're going to be covering them up, it won't really matter, I guess.
If you can, go to Amazon and click on each color book. There are images of the inside pages and it will give you an idea. Or you can just wait until you go to Ms.

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

FYI - there is a Smash Book blog
Smash Stories Blog

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Thanks!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-02-12 05:35 PM

Love your first page and I have to compliment you on your nice handwriting. Mine is so bad but I am working on it. My first entry into my SB was "the handwriting is not as important as the words written." LOL. What I absolutely love about the Smashbook is that I don't over think anything and it seems to just fall into place as I go along. I also don't think in terms of finishing it. It will be finished when it's full. I started one for my son who is 14, as well. They are so cool! I'm going to check out the blog. Thanks.

Lunie

Lunie

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Lunie

Good morning, Lunie! Could you please post a page or two of your smash book? Pretty please! LOL! Got to get my juices flowing! LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Yes Lunie, please post!!!!
And thanks for the compliment.

Also maybe you can help guide me…
Actually anyone can answer this question or give suggestions.

I am starting to overthink my Smash book.
I keep thinking that my books need to have a “theme”.
For example my first page was about my weekend highlights.
So now I feel like the entire book should be dedicated to that. BUT I have ideas rolling around in my head that I want to add to my book that have nothing to do w/ that.

I was thinking of making the book random but I don’t know if it’s a good idea.

I have a Tom Hardy 2 page spread planned – that’s how random my thoughts are right now, LOL! Plus I have printed out some random pics that I want to include that, again, have nothing to do w/ any of the other pages so far.

So I am torn between doing that (making it random but still including daily weekly highlights as I see fit) or buying another one and dedicating each to one topic.

What did you do (or plan to do for those who haven’t started)?

I know it can be anything you want it to be but I'm afraid! LOL!!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I just re-read the thread and it seems that some do it one way, themed, and some do it another, random...
Hmmm...
I'm still torn!
The bad thing is if I want to theme it I have to wait until I buy another book to Smash my current ideas in...
I don't think I want to do that..
I mean, yes I want another book, but no I don't want to wait! LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 10-03-12 07:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Well, guess who bought an XL red smash book last night?! Raising my hand excitedly, "Me, me, me!" But I think that it's starting to intimidate me. It is so big! I want to have fun with this. Do things that I don't normally do on my layouts ie, doodle, paint, mist. I want to have fun without it being a daunting task. Any suggestions?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

LOL! Sorry no!
If you read my posts I'm having the same issues!!!
ALthough I think I have decided to just make it random and see where that takes me!
The whole point is to have fun w/ it, right?

BTW - Congrats! !!!!!!!!!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-03-12 08:34 AM
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Yes Lunie, please post!!!!
And thanks for the compliment.

Also maybe you can help guide me…
Actually anyone can answer this question or give suggestions.

I am starting to overthink my Smash book.
I keep thinking that my books need to have a “theme”.
For example my first page was about my weekend highlights.
So now I feel like the entire book should be dedicated to that. BUT I have ideas rolling around in my head that I want to add to my book that have nothing to do w/ that.

I was thinking of making the book random but I don’t know if it’s a good idea.

I have a Tom Hardy 2 page spread planned – that’s how random my thoughts are right now, LOL! Plus I have printed out some random pics that I want to include that, again, have nothing to do w/ any of the other pages so far.

So I am torn between doing that (making it random but still including daily weekly highlights as I see fit) or buying another one and dedicating each to one topic.

What did you do (or plan to do for those who haven’t started)?

I know it can be anything you want it to be but I'm afraid! LOL!!!!

You're so funny. Here are the Smashbook Rules, I made for myself. Rule no. 1. Do not over think the Smashbook. It is supposed to be fun. I would not theme the Smashbook, but you can do what you want, as long as it doesn't stress you out. That's my rule no. 2. (no stress). Now, they have a "wedding" themed book and a baby themed book and I think, an international/travel.. and I would dedicate one of those, but my Smashbook No. 3 rule is that my Smashbook is about things I like, quotes, for instance... "Top Ten" is a great one... put down your top songs that you love currently (don't try to think of your favorite song of all time... too much pressure, lol. On the same page, your favorite movies, whatever. Fill it up doodle/collage/grafetti style with all your favorites and it will be done when you can't fit anymore on that page. I have an NFL page because I am a big NY Giants fan, and I add something to that every time the Giants play. ...So, I like your idea of random... That's fun and that's what my Smashbook is to me and that's why I love it. I do LO's and Project Life and they are more thinking and work and those I stress over getting them perfect but I LOVE my Smashbook's simplicity and I did make some mistakes when I first started but they can all be overcome because I can smash something right down on top of it or even rip out a page. So my Smashbook vote for you is random. I also find this style of random art to be beautiful. I'll see about posting a pictures.

Lunie

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Lunie

Yeah I was showing a friend of mine my book and I told her my delimma and she said "I thought the whole point was just to randomly stick stuff in it?"
Silly me and my overthinking!!!
LOL!

I may still dedicate some books to "themes" in the future, but at least for now, my 1st book, will just be about me and other random "stuff"!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

BTW - Thanks for your response!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Thanks for the tips, Lunie and Doreena. I love the fact that this book is going to be all about me! My love for books, 5 inch heels, my favorite foods, etc! The possiblities are endless! I also love that I am a scrapper with so much stuff, so I have lots and lots of stuff I can smash with! I appreciate your input and look forward to smashing really soon! Looking forward to seeing your "smashing" artwork, Lunie:)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Checked out Madison's gallery and I am so glad that I don't have to share my scraps with my daughter! Wowzer! Awesome work coming from your "mini me." Actually I think that it would actually be fun if my daughter shared my love for scrapping:) BTW...you will probably have to get her a Smash book pretty soon! LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

OMG don't even say that! I was totally thinking the same thing!
Yikes!
LOL!

Actually since she is so young and not into scrapping so much as an artform, she is happy w/ whatever leftovers I have to give her (AKA the stuff I don't want anymore!!! Hahahahahaha) so sharing my stuff is not so bad. Plus she goes through stages of wanting to and not wanting to.
So it's not too bad.

I think the Smashbook would be better for her but i think she can wait a couple of more years. I think when she is a teenager she will truly appraciate it. By then I will be on my 10th book!!!! LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 10-03-12 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I agree! LOL! About being on the 10th book!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-03-12 11:22 AM

• arteshamac Said:
Well, guess who bought an XL red smash book last night?! Raising my hand excitedly, "Me, me, me!" But I think that it's starting to intimidate me. It is so big! I want to have fun with this. Do things that I don't normally do on my layouts ie, doodle, paint, mist. I want to have fun without it being a daunting task. Any suggestions?

I bought the XL one first and then decided to exchange it for the smaller one for just the reason you stated. It was daunting.

CarrieTS
Tenant
CarrieTS
In response to Lunie

I just got my smash book a couple of days ago and I am dedicating mine to my weight loss journey. I am working on losing the last 40 pounds ( I am already down 40 ) and thought it would be fun and less stressful if I did it this way instead of a journal where I focus on calories and pounds down and workouts. I want to remember this time but not become obsessed with it, so I am doing a smash book, funny thing is that I find myself putting recipes and snack ideas in mine and thats not very helpful when I am trying to fight the urge to stay away from the junk food....

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Lunie

I'm gonna hang in there with the XL one because I really like the pockets:) I WILL have fun with my Smash book! There...I've said it and it is so;) Lol!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Carrie, have fun with your book. Hmmm...recipes and snack ideas? That may not be too bad if you list healthy recipes and snack ideas;)

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

• arteshamac Said:
Carrie, have fun with your book. Hmmm...recipes and snack ideas? That may not be too bad if you list healthy recipes and snack ideas;)

I was thinking the same thing. All the recipes you've used to lose the weight up to now.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Doreena

i started this today after reading this last night. i guess i am using it as a tool to help with my scrapping. i am just sticking little things in that i might want to scrap. sticking a date in the corner so that i know when that item was gotten and then jotting down things that pop into my head. if i do this right, my thought would be that this would be like a cross between a life 360 and a diary and something that i can look back when i go to scrapping a certain event sometimes years later. make sense? or is this ALL WRONG? input please.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to abbynormaloh75

of course it's not wrong ... that's the whole point

(says the woman who bought smash books on HSN over a year ago and still has them in the box they cam in ... sigh)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Your idea doesn't sound wrong to me. Sounds like you are having fun:) Keep doing what you're doing:)

Diva
In response to Doreena

Mine is themed for palces that I visited and wouldlove to visit, but open to random ideas ot thoghts like the foods that I like from that country and the local restaurants that I love to go to eat that, so it is mixed of related topics.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to bayamonesa1

Great ideas! Thanks. These will help if I get mental blocks:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• abbynormaloh75 Said:
i started this today after reading this last night. i guess i am using it as a tool to help with my scrapping. i am just sticking little things in that i might want to scrap. sticking a date in the corner so that i know when that item was gotten and then jotting down things that pop into my head. if i do this right, my thought would be that this would be like a cross between a life 360 and a diary and something that i can look back when i go to scrapping a certain event sometimes years later. make sense? or is this ALL WRONG? input please.

It's not wrong if you're enjoying yourself!!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
of course it's not wrong ... that's the whole point

(says the woman who bought smash books on HSN over a year ago and still has them in the box they cam in ... sigh)

Well, it's time to take them out girly!!!!
Come join us on this "Smash Book Adventure"!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

BTW working on my Tom Hardy 2 page spread. I'll share it when I'm done

(How's that for random?!)

CKohn
CKohn 
Resident
CKohn
  • CKohn on 10-04-12 08:08 AM
In response to Doreena

I brought one and i am still not sure of what to do with it. i am thinking of using one to make a picutre book for my sons with pictures of his family ( grandparents, aunts and uncles,etc).

My little guy loves looking at pictures and reading books so i think he will like it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to CKohn

That sounds like a great idea! Perhaps he can assist you w/ making it? A fun little project that the 2 of you can enjoy together!

Nani17 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Doreena

I read on a blog a couple days ago and idea I'm nuts about and I'm going to see if my BFF wants to do it when she visits from MO next week.

We'll get 2 Smash Books One for each of us and we'll do the first two pages next week. When she leaves, she'll take my book and leave hers here. We'd do 2 pages in each other's books and mail them back. See the 2 new pages and add two more, mail them again and do it until our "friendship books" are done. She's probably a bit craftier than me, so I think she'll go for it. I hope so! I just loved the idea when I read about it.

-Nani

Edited by Nani17 on 10-11-12 08:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics