Page 5 of 6 
Username Post: OCTOBER VLB -- It is going to be scary fun time.        (Topic#1581205)
LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to cveira

Hey all,

Reading along. October has officially kicked my butt. As I was telling LisaIrish earlier, the job is great, it's awesome to be working again, but I feel like I'm spread so thin. My house is a pigsty, and I just have to get over it. And scrapping...well, I have four unfinished lo's on my desk. So I've been reading along and noting things here and there, but I haven't given quality love over here, and I apologize.

But I have to say, Sara, that is the most f'ed up thing I've heard! I'm is glad your son is ok and it sounds like he really has a band of brothers with his friends.

More later, hopefully tomorrow...

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

Unbelievable Sara! I would think the school or the police would do something without you having to press charges - just for the common good. Insane. And btw - I'm still giggling at your comment - I am not down with uncontrolled outcomes. LOL Love that!

Eileen, Thank you. Lexie was a Smooth Collie. Her color variety was blue merle. Rough and Smooth Collies are the same breed and come from the same litters. Smooth is actually the dominant gene - you have to have two recessives to get a Rough Collie. Lexie's mom was a Smooth blue like her, and her sire was a Rough tri-color (black, tan, & white). I miss her terribly. The pics in that LO were taken 2 months before she died - you can see that her hips are pretty bad. It's funny because I got so used to her looking so gray like she is in these pics from late in her life, but I've been transferring Super 8 tapes to DVD, and seeing her young again is great - her markings were SO much more pronounced, and her eyes were much more blue. I still have quite a few photos of her from 2008 and those last two months in 2009 to scrap, but they are dwindling. I end up crying everytime I work on a LO of her. It will be a long while yet, I think, before I can do the ones from her last day.

Bleh, there I go again. Okay, I'm off to bed. Good night, friends.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to dancinirish90

Nts: page 19 for lovins'.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

Sara, that is crazy! I'm glad that Trent is OK and that he has a group of friends who look out for him. I get the whole over-protective sibling thing, since I was one, but there's a whole different way to take care of things when you're an adult!

for both of you!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to MeliMedina

Good morning!

Sara, What a day you had! I am very relieved that Trent is ok. Not sure I wouldn't pursue charges or community service or something against those two. They and everyone else need to know that kind of action is not right. But you have to do what you feel is best you and your family. Poor Trent! I know he must have been shaken up by that ordeal.

Lesly, it is tough to work, cook, clean house, take care of the kids, pets, hubbs, AND scrap! It gets nerve racking but don't quit!

Sandra, I had no idea medical science only wanted older people. I thought they took anybody that wanted to donate themselves.

And Sanrda, I do what Christine does. As I read comments, and I do my response in Word, then copy and waste over here.

Laters!

Edited by Anna C on 10-18-12 06:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapn mama

I'm on page 17 leaving love - will catch up today.

Here are 2 more for me - they are the last two baby layouts then I go back to Hawaii layouts and back into the travel book.

Baby's First Christmas By Henri Jean

Pictures with Santa By Henri Jean

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-18-12 07:21 AM
In response to Henri Jean

Hang in there Lesley! I sure in a few weeks when you get into a routine with the job and it's not so new anymore then everything else will start to flow back into a routine too. I start back at work next week -my part, part-time job. I work 2 hours a day when school is in session. I love it!

Lisa, yes. It causes me so much stress when working with paint and other mediums I can not control OR see the potential outcome before getting it permanently on the paper. I bet it would take me MONTHS to attempt/complete a creation like Rebecca. She just amazes me with being able to whip up the most beautiful lo's. I would be in the corner rocking back and forth after just getting the paint bottle open, lol!

Thanks for your words of support with Trent. The family has been banned from coming onto school property. So they can't come to any sporting or extra-curricular events going on at the school. I am still waiting to hear back from the police liaison at the school as to what else he said/did with them.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to SaraS

Hi ladies jci,

Sara, I'm so glad that Trent is okay, you & Russ are so great for not pressing charges, not sure how I would have handled that. What happen to their little brother? Is anyone looking into him being bullied by the boy they mistook Trent for since that's what started the whole thing.

Christine, how did Megan blood test turn out, hope she's feeling better.

Karen, glad you're feeling better!

I'm ACU for now, off to get caught up on all the new pages...see ya later

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to Tena E.

Good Morning!

Slowly getting cu here! Still have a little ways to go.

Christine~Hope Megs is feeling better!!!

Sandra~again, so sorry about your cousin. That's sad that they can't donate his body like he wished. I hope you and your family can find some peace soon. (((hugs)))

Sara~So glad Trent has some good friends that are there when he needs them! I think that's great. I hope Evan has friends like that too since he is pretty small for his age, as well. There is one boy in his class that is quite a bit bigger than he is and Evan says that he "picks on him." Evan can be a bit sensitive, but next week is parent/teacher conferences and you bet I'll be talking to the teacher about it. They start talking to the kids very early about bullying but I know there are a lot of kids who don't take it to heart. A lot of it has to do with parents and their homelife. Which to me is very sad. We (society) always talk about leaving a better world to our children. How about we leave better children for our world!!

Okay, okay......off my soapbox I go.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sara - so glad everything turned out okay for Trent. Bullying is scary and can get way out of control very easily.

I belongged to a church in Acworth, Georgia for a long time and one of our little boys was bullied and no one did anything.

Finally the bullies actually beat him up at his bus stop when he was getting off the bus and killed him.

It made national headlines when Josh was killed. Our pastor did the funeral and worked a lot in the school to help kids learn how to deal with bullies.

One of my best friends was on the jury for that one at said it was just horrible. She was sequestered for a while if I remember correctly but I could be wrong there. Just know I didn't talk to her during the trial. She may have just been home and laying low. It really affected her emotionally to be on that jury.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

Sandra...my thesis is on a small pioneer family cemetery in northeastern Nebraska. I've got another four years before my classes expire and I have to start taking the same classes again so really not a deadline which for a procrastinator is bad news.

On a roll inspiration wise.
Pumpkin Patch By AuntyT

1973 By AuntyT

Rhino By AuntyT

Vroom By AuntyT

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to AuntyT

acu and mms!

Henri~What a sad and tragic story. It's really too bad that it ended that way. It could have been stopped and prevented. Just so sad! I bet your friend will be affected by that the rest of her life. My heart really goes out to everyone involved.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu! I wasn't nearly as behind as I thought.

Thanks for all the kind words. I am not giving up scrapping, but I think I should schedule time to do lo's instead of just grabbing a few minutes here and there. I don't do my best work when my scrapping spans a few days. I am definitely in a groove and a routine, but I just feel spread thin! I told DD we would have a mommy and Nina special day next Sunday. No cookie classes for me. No birthday parties or lessons for her. Just a day to get her haircut, get both our nails done, and get ice cream. Maybe a library trip if she feels like it.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to LesleyC

DOO

Lenna By Lenethren

Note to self: start on page 18

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Lenethren

jci

I'm a little behind on lovin, but not too bad. I'm going to Indiana for a haircut today, but I'm taking my laptop. Hopefully, I can get cu. But if not, I will later this weekend.

Have a good Friday!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Class this morning, then we're going to Indiana tonight for an overnight trip. The Lettermen are performing in Sturgis and MIL wants us to come along and bring Ethan with us, so we are. I'm about as excited as I can get (haha), which isn't much. I would rather play sick and stay home. LOL. So would my husband, but we're humoring her because she does a lot for us so it's only right we put ourselves out for a night to go stay at a hotel and go to a concert that she's paying for.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

TGIF!

Henri, that sure is a sad story! We haven't had any serious bullying issues here locally in my community, but the next town over had an 8th grader to commit sucide over it. I don't know the details but from the news coverage, it was very bad. Now that school and some of the teachers are under investigation.

Melissa, hope you are end up having a great trip!

Hope to scrap some this weekend.

Hello to everyone else here.

Edited by Anna C on 10-19-12 07:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to Anna C

Hi everyone! It's been a busy week for me. I'm glad it's Friday.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to autumngold

Dropping off another one...

the Crow By Lenethren

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Lenethren

hello everyone - works been kicking my butt this week but the end of the budget season is in sight (Monday)so i'll get a break then. Well Megs is feeling a little better, still poorly but better. The blood tests came back, it was not the dengue test as I had thought - apparently something about antibodies and 5 days. don't much understand the medical lingo. But obviously a viral infection, doctor didn't seem overly worried and we're hoping it will run its course by the time the weekend is over.

no scrapping for me this week - maybe this weekend. dh is going on the roof tomorrow to start some repairs (again - groan) it's never ending but we just cannot afford to do a major roof job right now, so it's patch up time (again). lol

off for my daily walk - enjoy the rest of the Friday!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-19-12 03:49 PM
In response to cveira

Happy Friday girls!

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to SaraS

Yes, happy Friday!

Volunteered yesterday and today at the school's library. It really is my dream job. Too bad it doesn't pay. Oh well. Hopefully it will look good on my resume.

No scrapping for me this weekend. Boooo! We're going camping tomorrow for Cub Scouts and I am not looking forward to it. It's pouring outside right now so it's going to be wet and yucky! Oh Why, Oh Why did we sign up for scouts!?! LOL! The things we do for our kids! OY!!!

God, I'm such a baby, hu?

So glad to hear Megan is doing better, Christine.

Have fun Mel and Lisa!!!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to cveira

Saturday and the schedule is actually pretty wide open. No football this weekend after a really crappy week of it last week. (Yeah!) Poor kids were up and at football at 7 every morning of their fall break, two games that did not go well, and a team with too many injuries and no time to recover. Next week is the last week though (unless we make playoffs which is decided by this weeks games) and I think as much as Nathan absolutely loves football, he is ready for a break. It's been a tough season. His O line must have thought fall break meant don't show up to the game Thursday because they couldn't hold the other teams defense no matter what they tried. Nath is banged up and bruised from getting sacked or from running to try to get away. Tough night on the qb!

Oh, Karen! Feeling bad for you and your camping trip. Hope the rain goes away and it is better than it sounds like it's going to be I agree, the things we do for our kids!

Lesley- hang in there with the new schedule. It's so nice that you are planning the special day with your daughter. It will give you and her that much needed time to chill.

Hoping Megs and Cassie are doing better.

Gonna head to the scrap room. I am guest designing for a kit club this month and just got my kit. Told my hubby I had no choice. I HAVE TO scrap, honey... they want me to have them done for next week. The boys will have to vacuum and do some cleaning up after the guests we've had... lol!! Teenagers = free labor, right? Of course, I pay with the grumbling and complaining I have to listen to so not necessarily free.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to cveira

Pearl Harbor - Arizona Memorial By Henri Jean

Pearl Harbor - Arizona Memorial Right side By Henri Jean

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to lpeeps

Lisa, I hear you about teens. I was such a mean mother for making mine pick up all his trash from the living room because his arm hurt from his flu shot. However, it didn't hurt at all when he played the xbox.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Got one to drop off! Will cu later...

Fall Hugs By Byondbzr

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to byondbzr

Got home this afternoon. I found a sweet little scrapbook store while we were down there. Well, I say sweet little but it was probably one of the best stocked LSS's I've seen in a LONG TIME. I bought TONS of stuff, budget be [email protected] LOL

Dropping one off... working on getting ACU, as well.

just a little attached By MelissaW

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Another drop off...

Playing With Leaves **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to byondbzr

Here's something new -- I'm behind! LOL.

will hopefully catch up tomorrow.

OK so it's time for a challenge. Yesterday was my 21st anniversary and I was shocked to get flowers. I always tell Kevin NO to flowers. So how about some flowers on a lo. 3d, stamped, homemade -- whatever you'd like.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NVyankee

Caught up on gallery love but behind on chatter.

We are going to bed in a few minutes - have to get up at 2:30 to be out the door to catch a middle of the night flight. It's a hour and a half to the base where the terminal is and only about 20 seats. Hope we get two - we are military stand-by.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Happy Sunday! Chillin' with Nina in bed, watching pioneer woman. Going to brunch in the city with a good friend. Pumpkin patch later and then a beef stew for dinner. I've been craving this kind of day forever.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to LesleyC

Good luck Henri --

Cool here this morning too. Feels GREAT!

Got the lift challenge completed - I lifted AllAmy's LO "Howl at the Carousel". Thanks for the inspiration Amy.

Howl at the Carousel By AllAmy

And here's mine:

Sunrise Sunset By Ncyankee

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Well I think I'm acu.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to NVyankee

Here's my two latest:

Caribbean Cruise - St. Lucia By Autumngold

Caribbean Cruise - St. Lucia By Autumngold

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

D.O.O.M.--

Swimming -- Lake Ottoway By Ncyankee

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to NVyankee

Good morning!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Happy Sunday. Megan is finally on the mend. whew.
so I think it's back out to school for her tomorrow.

Here's one I finished up last night. TFL

2012 International Coastal Cleanup By Cveira

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to cveira

Midterm exam today... I'm kind of nervous as there are dates to remember regarding the US Constitution and certain amendments... I flubbed them on the quizzes so I studied them extra hard, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it! LOL

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

I have one that fits the challenge! Also happy anniversary Eileen!

Birthplace By AuntyT

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to AuntyT

DOO:

Lessons Learned By Dancinirish90

I'm acu

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

Two from me. Up in my room today hoping to get more done.

Fourth of July Parade By Lpeeps

Dad's Birthday By Lpeeps

Good luck on the exam, Melissa!
Chill away, Lesley. You deserve it!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to lpeeps

Afternoon! Brunch was delicious! Will definitely have to bring the family there. I had a smoked salmon scrambler with fruit and a side of turkey sausage. Smoked salmon is about my favorite food on the planet, and since I don't eat bagels anymore, I'll take it in an omelet anytime I can get it, lol.

DO2 for Monthly Sketch Challenge:

Week 2: Happy Birthday By LesleyC
Week 2 Bonus: Dinner By LesleyC

Back for loves later...

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to LesleyC

Hi ladies, I know I have lots to catch up on but DOO for now...BBL to get ACU

Jayden at play By Tena E.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

getting caught up. I got to spend most of the time in my scrap room today. finished 2 layouts in 1 afternoon - that's a miracle for me. dark outside now so tomorrow i will try and post.
back to work tomorrow. where oh where did the weekend go? be good and stay safe. xoxoxo

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to cveira

Christine -- glad Meg is feeling better.

Brendan and I went to teh range together this morning. had a lot of fun and then had to do 2 meet & greets. Was hoping to do some more scrapping but think I'll go shower and get ready for "The Walking Dead".

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to NVyankee

I'm acu. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

I'm ACU again,

Christine, so glad Megan is finally feeling better.

Karen, hope your camping trip wasn't to bad.

Melissa, good luck w/your test, I'm sure you're do fine.

I've had a long day/weekend so it's off to bed...goodnight!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Tena E.

Morning. DOO

Siblings By Lenethren

ACU

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Lenethren

Happy Moan-Day. We have a disturbance here in the tropics so some rain heading our way the next few days. Hello - don't they know it's October? So tired of all this rain now. Ugh. Just hope it doesn't develop into anything more than a depression or so.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cveira

Happy Moanday! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

It looks like some of you had a very product, scrappy weekend! I stayed in my scrap space all day Saturday but yet I have nothing to show for it! I played around with some different techniques and tried to create a brick wall. Played with gesso for the first time and also texture paste. I made a mess with the gesso and my template so I had to trash it. The texture paste turned out better. I also used the crackle accent stuff and that turned out pretty good when it dried.

Christine, glad Megan is on the mend and back to school. I have been neglecting my daily walks lately. I really need to get back on schedule with those.

Melissa, how did your mid term go? How come you have class on Sunday?

Karen, have you recovered from that camping trip? I am so NOT a camper!

Nancy, hope you have been able to get some rnr over the weekend. Enjoy your break!

Hello to everyone else here. Please say a prayer for my community. We have been hard hit with layoffs. Over 1200 coal miners were laid off in mid September. Many more were laid off on Friday. The railroad laid off over 200 on Friday as a result of the coal issues and another major company that makes mining machinery laid off a bunch because of the coal issues as well. We have been hard hit here during the last month. So far my dh (mining electrician and welder) has been spared but do feel that it could happen to him soon if things don’t change. We spent the day yesterday at a presidential campaign rally yesterday. Never been to one before. There were lots of promises of new jobs and rehiring. We will see. Regardless of who leads this country, please pray for recovery. And for the record, this is NOT a political post or rant, just asking for prayers for this country.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Anna C

Anna -- hugs

Edited by ncyankee on 10-22-12 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-22-12 08:44 AM
In response to NVyankee

lots of cu to do! Kids have been off school since last Thursday. They finally go back tomorrow and I can get back into routine again!!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to SaraS

dropping off some simple LOs and then catching up on love

Happy Hollow By AllAmy

James (Thomas the Train theme) By AllAmy

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
  • sasload4 Said:
Here I am checking in again although none of you saw my check in yesterday as I was about to post all my comments when 'POOF' it all disappeared, I was so mad, so hopping mad!! I'm going to try again and this time if it happens again the computer will have it's one and only flying lesson!!

My dear friend AllAmy taught me this - open notepad and minimize, and as you go along reading the posts, write your comments . Then copy and paste. Hope this helps.

I'd never actually remember everything otherwise!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Good luck Henri --

Cool here this morning too. Feels GREAT!

Got the lift challenge completed - I lifted AllAmy's LO "Howl at the Carousel". Thanks for the inspiration Amy.

Howl at the Carousel By AllAmy

And here's mine:

Sunrise Sunset By Ncyankee

I'm honored. Thanks for lifting me friend!!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to AllAmy

ACU

Sara- so upsetting to hear about Trent's harassment but what a relief to know he is surrounded by friends who are level headed and supportive and can figure out how to do the right thing in an unknown/extreme circumstance. I agree those boy who helped should be recognized and honored in some way.

Anna- I'm so disheartened to hear of the mass of layoffs. How devastating for the community. Definitely in my prayers.

This weekend some family and friends and I did our annual Halloween camping where we camp and decorate the camp sites for trick-or-treating. This year, we choose the theme MONSTER PROM so that we could all dress like Monsters but with a high school prom twist. I don't have the big group pics yet but here is some of the set-up with my 2 sons in front (before costumes) and then me with some of my girlfriends (I'm in the purple hat). FUN TIMES.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to AllAmy

Sandra - My grandmother gets some help from my cousin who lives right next door to them and my aunt who lives a couple houses down the street. My other aunt pops in from time to time who doesn’t live very far away from them. Thank goodness!

Lesley- I feel your pain. I feel the same way sometimes. I am spread over so thin to try and be active in all my children’s activities….even though I get some mouthy feedback from one of the teenagers ……GRRR! My house is a pigsty too because I am always running from activity to activity on the weekends. My Saturday s are consume with out of town baseball games and out of town volleyball games…..usually each of them are on opposite sides of God’s green earth. My Sunday s are consumed with cheer and tumbling and the week’s worth of laundry. Yaaay me! AND then I have to try and find some ME-time for therapy (scrapbooking).

Christine- It’s good to hear Meg is doing better.

Lisa- I can’t wait until I get time to get my hair done!

Melissa- I hope you had a great trip!

Deb- I get the same excuse from my son when it comes time to clean his room. He’s too tired to clean but not too tired to play video games and watch TV….All I hear is, “But Mom, I am tired!” My response to him is, “Boy, you have no idea of tired! When you have to get up at 6:00 to get dressed for work, wake up everyone else, get your sister dressed, take care of the dog, go to work, race home to rush everyone to practice, come back home and make dinner, wash dishes, make sure everyone is fed & bathed, and then FINALLY get to sit down around 9:00 at night……then you can tell me you are tired!! Until then clean your room and no TV or video games!”

Amy-What a great idea! You guys look like y’all had fun!

Unfortunately, I did not get any scrapbooking done….Boo!!! Thankfully, tonight I don’t think I have anything going on besides usual Mommy duties (dinner and dishes) so I might be able to scrap tonight!

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to pamela.tx

Hi ladies,

Just checking in and looks like you've all been quite busy.

Well, I survived the camping trip, barely! It rained all night and I found out our tent is not waterproof even with a tarp on top. I slept like poo and woke up with little puddles all over the tent so everything was wet and cold. Evan slept like a baby and it didn't really faze him at all. I don't know how he stayed warm but he did. I froze even with two sleeping bags and a blanket. I'm a wuss though when it comes to being cold. I have never liked being cold, but I always feel like I am. I have thyroid issues, but even when I'm on meds, I'm still cold. Like I said, I'm a wuss. I was so glad when were all done and we could go home. I took a long hot shower, had a BIG glass of wine and then a long nap. It felt awesome!!! Evan had a blast and earned a bunch of new badges, so I guess it was worth it. Hopefully, we are done with camping for a LONG time! And thank goodness there were other moms there that are cool and we get along or it would have been WAY WORSE!

AND best of all, two of the moms there scrapbook, so we're going to get together soon and do a crop! I CAN'T WAIT! I have been waiting to find some ladies here in Vancouver who scrapbook. All my other friends think I'm crazy for scrapbooking and spending my extra $$ on scrapbooking supplies! They actually think it's a waste of time. Can't you believe that??? So, camping wasn't a complete waste of time, I found some new scrapbooking buddies!!!

Well, off to leave some luv. Hope everyone has a great day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Karen, glad your survived the camping ordeal but I say let dh do it next time!

raining
Governor
raining
In response to Anna C

Dropping off!
Haunted **SCRAPS OF DARKNESS** By Raining
OK ***SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE & PRIMA BAP** By Raining

Halloween Tag **SCRAPS OF DARKNESS** By Raining
Tag Backside ** Scraps of Darkness** By Raining

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Karen, glad your survived the camping ordeal but I say let dh do it next time!

I agree! That was the original plan, but DH had to work.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to byondbzr

Just dropping by to say HI!!! Miss you and hopefully, I can come and play soon.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

The mid term went OK. There were a couple of questions that he didn't have us study (as in, they weren't on previous quizzes) so I'm not sure if I got them right. The rest, I aced. I'm glad that I'm quick to memorize multiple choice stuff. LOL

Youngest DS is sick again... the poor kid can't catch a break! He came home from school with a fever, so we went right to the doctor and it's viral this time, whatever it is. Doctor tested for strep because it looks like strep, but it came back negative, which means we just have to ride it out. He probably won't be back to school until Thursday at the earliest.

Anna, lots of prayers for your town!

Dropping off two:

Farewell Breakfast By MelissaW

And this one:

sprinkler fun By MelissaW

is a lift of this one:

Lake County Fair By Dancinirish90

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to raining

Dropping one off:
I love doing heritage layouts. Now I just need to remember to include names, dates, and thanks to Amy for pointing out location. I don't know why I didn't think of that but thanks it's good information for the future generations.

Heppner By AuntyT

ximxyoursx
Pro
ximxyoursx
In response to AuntyT

Dropping one off and catching up

Winning at the Fair By Ximxyoursx

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Hi ladies jci and DOO, then off to get ACU

Cousins By Tena E.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

2 FOR ME. TFL!! Be back later to chat. Dinner needs to be made.....

4-peat By Cveira

The Graduate By Cveira

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Bubblegirl

• Bubblegirl Said:
Just dropping by to say HI!!! Miss you and hopefully, I can come and play soon.

Hi Kena -- great to "see" ya. Please come play or drop in ANYTIME!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to cveira

Amy -- your decorations look fab. A friend of mine locally does that too.
BTW -- seriously thanks for the inspiration on the lo. I was kind of stuck on how to do the sunrise/sunset lo. And when I saw yours it just clicked!

Karen -- you are a GREAT MOM!!!!!! Seriously-that sounds miserable but Evan had a blast. That's what it's all about.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

Forgot to drop one off -- it's a pretty simple lo. I find it so hard to do some of these -- since I wasn't there. But since Brendan really does support and act enthusiastic about my scrapbooking. I want to do a complete job of his camping trip.

Up & down By Ncyankee

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to NVyankee

Well dinner has been served. Spaghetti and meatsauce and a salad. Quick and easy.

Megan's doctor called this morning to check on her and decided he wanted to see her because of the lingering cough. He's cleared her to return to school and she has a course of antobiotics to take and some cough meds.

Anna, how heartbreaking and frightening to hear what's happening in your community and i am sure many more around the country. Layoffs are hard - our family can attest to that. Been there done that? Not a nice position to be in.
Hugs and prayers.

Karen, I'm glad you found some scrapbooking friends even though the camping trip was a duds. lol

Hi Kena!

Well the tropical disturbance has turned into Tropical Storm Sandy. It's forecast to come right over us late Tuesday into early Wednesday as a storm but with near hurricane force winds. Really now. Like I needed that. Ugh. Keep us in your thougthts.

Off to bed. Enjoy the rest of the evening.

xoxoxo

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:

Deb- I get the same excuse from my son when it comes time to clean his room. He’s too tired to clean but not too tired to play video games and watch TV….All I hear is, “But Mom, I am tired!” My response to him is, “Boy, you have no idea of tired! When you have to get up at 6:00 to get dressed for work, wake up everyone else, get your sister dressed, take care of the dog, go to work, race home to rush everyone to practice, come back home and make dinner, wash dishes, make sure everyone is fed & bathed, and then FINALLY get to sit down around 9:00 at night……then you can tell me you are tired!! Until then clean your room and no TV or video games!”

yep, sounds familiar. hugs

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to raining

Acu!

Anna-Hugs! I'm so sorry your community has been hit so hard with job losses. Things will come around, one way or another.

Christine-glad Megan is feeling better.

Eileen-Happy anniversary!

Karen-Most of my friends think I'm nuts for scrapping as well. That is why I was so happy to find this group, and girls who live not too far who appreciate my love of paper, lol! Embrace it! Glad you survived camping.

DH is at the bears game, getting rained on. I took Nina to dinner and she scarfed down her scrambled eggs while she had milk in her mouth (something I have told her time and time again not to do) and proceed to throw up all over her plate. I felt SOOOO badly for the waitress. (No thanks, we won't take a doggie bag.) I didn't make a big issue of it, but we hurried out of there without the dessert Nina wanted.

Work feels manageable this week, and Lisa and I are cropping on Friday -- yay! I giving some thought to bringing page kits to the office and doing some simple pages, from time to time, on my lunch hour. That might be more trouble than it's worth, but at least I'll get some pics done. With it turning dark so early,it's hard for me to feel motivated once Nina goes to bed.
j
Ok, I read along but am posting from an iPad so I can't really remember everything,

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Hello to everyone else here. Please say a prayer for my community. We have been hard hit with layoffs. Over 1200 coal miners were laid off in mid September. Many more were laid off on Friday. The railroad laid off over 200 on Friday as a result of the coal issues and another major company that makes mining machinery laid off a bunch because of the coal issues as well. We have been hard hit here during the last month. So far my dh (mining electrician and welder) has been spared but do feel that it could happen to him soon if things don’t change. We spent the day yesterday at a presidential campaign rally yesterday. Never been to one before. There were lots of promises of new jobs and rehiring. We will see. Regardless of who leads this country, please pray for recovery. And for the record, this is NOT a political post or rant, just asking for prayers for this country.

Anna, sorry to hear about all the lay offs & job losses in your area, prayers for your community and our country as a whole. We were hit like that here in Columbus a few years ago with all of our manufacturing plants closing but with new business like the car plants (kia & Hyundai) and some new financial businesses some new jobs were created but it's still no where near where it needs to be. We all need more jobs. Hope things continue to work out for your DH.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

Karen, I think you survived camping well and Yay for meeting new scrap friends. I have friends who don't scrapbook but they all like what I do (especially if I scrap them) or they lie very well LOL.

Hi Kena, missed you around here.

Melissa, glad the test went well and hope your DS feel better.

Eileen, hope you had a great anniversary...too funny about the flowers. I'm just the opposite, I get flowers all the time and thinks something is wrong when it's been too long, my whole family knows how much I love flowers & plants, I bought two fall bouquets for my table today.

Okay, that's all I can remember...off to bed

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Tena E.

JCI and DOO

One LO that covered many challenges:
Girls, girls, girls.
Pet Challenge.
Stampin' on your LO.
Monochrome - Gooey Green
Page Maps Etc - #2

Mutley!! - rnt i beautiful? By Sasload4

TFL and I'll be back with soon.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to sasload4

Hey, sorry, I must have skipped the entire last page. Now I believe I am acu!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to LesleyC

doo --

Along the Trail By Ncyankee

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Anna C

ACU

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to NVyankee

Good morning! We are having beautiful fall weather again with drastic changes on the way. That four letter word starting with an “S” is in the forcast! It snowed here last year at Halloween too.

Thanks for the well wishes for my little community and town. There were more blows yesterday and many people we know have been hit. I know it is a matter of time before it affects us as well.

Melissa, hope the sick one feels better soon. Sounds like you did well on the exam too! Good for you!

Eileen, it is so awesome that Brendan appreciates your scrapbooking! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! So sweet of Kevin too!

Hi Kena!

Christine, glad Meg is on the mend! Stay safe during this storm!

Hello to everyone else here. Enjoy the day!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to Anna C

Morning ladies,

Anna, gonna be a gorgeous day here too but we are not expecting the dreaded "S" word, thank goodness. I do like the cooler temps we had last week though.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Anna C

Morning ladies! Just popping in to say hi. Sooo far behind on loving right now and with the crazy week ahead don't know when I will get to it all. But I will get caught up!

Lisa- Happy Birthday!!!

Anna - Praying for your community and for other communities like yours that have been hit by this stinky economy.

Nancy - Your pages for Brendan's album are so cool...loving all the colors and designs! I bet he is loving them too.

Still working on my scraplift page...have had the pics printed for a week and the layout picked out but can't find the mojo to actually put it together...maybe today.

Also ordered me a new DSLR yesterday to use on my upcoming trip. I got the Canon T3i...so excited for it to get here so I can play! It's a joint birthday, Christmas, and necessity purchase. Gotta love BHphoto!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to godschild94

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to raining

DOO!

fur buddy By MelissaW

I'm all hopped up on Dayquil and Biggby coffee right now. My mind is racing so fast I can't keep up with it! LOL

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Here's one more from me -- got my inspiration from Mel's gallery. NOt really a specific lo just her style inspired me.

Chowtime By Ncyankee

Edited by ncyankee on 10-23-12 09:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

dropping off another one -- boy today has been fun!

beautiful DAY By Ncyankee

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

And forgot to update you all on Quincy. He went to his vet visit this morning. He was 3.2 lbs when we pulled him from the animal shelter. He now weighs in at 6.9LBS!!! He's 100% healthy. No worms, no mites, no worries. He'll be ready to leave for his new forever home in 2 weeks.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to NVyankee

for the challenge to lift the VLB'er right before you, I got the privledge to lift pamela.tx's Roller Girl
1st Day of 2nd Grade By AllAmy

and just for dropping off
Grauman's Chinese Theatre By AllAmy

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-23-12 12:56 PM
In response to NVyankee

Anna, prayers for your community. Trent is writing a story for English class and is using the situation of a town that had a manufacturing plant close down and how that is affecting the town. Oh and it's about football too...can't forget that, lol.

Hugs to all the sickies out there. I think I had a sinus infection that is now draining, and draining, and draining. Seriously, how much snot can be in there?! Kleenex is not safe around me.

Eileen, glad to see you on a scrapping roll!

Christina, hope the storm blows over quickly with little damage.

Tena, no "s" stuff here either. It is foggy, but warm today. But I hear yucky by the weekend.

Karen, you are a real scout mom for going through that! Luckily, Russ handled all main scouting stuff with Trent. But Evan I'm sure loved it!

I tried to get my girlfriends from college into scrapping, but no go. They say they don't have the time or interest. But they do like looking through my books. I do have a few friends that I met through the kids that scrap, but we have never gotten together to scrap. I did introduce one of the moms to this site and I know she created a page. So hopefully, in the future, we can get together and scrap.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to SaraS

Well Sara -- I think the roll is coming to an end. I guess I better go do something else. LOL. But first dropping off a 2 pager. I think I'm now 1/2 way thru Brendan's trip.

Rock On By Ncyankee

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to raining

Completely dropped the ball this month!!! No excuse other than been extremely busy and sooooo tired hoping to catch up today ladies!! xxx

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Renee305

ACU.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to AuntyT

Renee - no worries. Don't get too hung up on catching up. Just jump back in from here. Life gets in the way and we all totally understand.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to NVyankee

Sara, too funny, hope you feel better.

Janeen, I'm so jealous of your new camera, can't wait to see some new pics from you.

ACU and off to bed...goodnight!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

good morning! it's 3:30 a.m. why am I up? lol
well we've battened down for the hurricane. only a few more hours to go. It's still a tropical storm but as it gets closer to us it is predicted to turn into a category 1 hurricane. okay I am so not looking forward to this. not sure if I will get a chance to check in later on - they usually turn off power close to when the eye is to move through. After it passes, we have a generator but there won't be any internet services available depending on the severity of the storm and damage. please keep us in your thoughts today. love you all. xoxoxox

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to cveira

Christine -- hope it passes quickly.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Anna C

Hope this is ok to do -- but since it's been posted on fb I believe it will be ok.

Please keep Rebecca's significant other -- Jim, in your thoughts & prayers. He was in a car accident yesterday evening and suffered a really bad injury to his hand and arm. Had to go to surgery last night.

I know Rebecca would appreciate us all sending good vibes to Jim, her, and the kiddo's.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to NVyankee

Good morning!

Lots of hugs for Rebecca today! I hope Jim's surgery was successful and that they are all doing ok.

Christine, I hope you and your family all stay safe during this storm! I hope there is no significant damage either!

Have a great day ladies!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Anna C

Just dropping a card off that I made real quick last night.

October Card Challenge-Color/Product By Pamela.tx

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-24-12 08:23 AM
In response to pamela.tx

I did a challenge!! Woo-hoo! The person before me was Autumngold and I took inspiration from her gallery. This is her lo:
Caribbean Cruise - Barbados By Autumngold

And this is my interpretation!
Sunset Snorkel By SaraS

Page 5 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics