Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO OCTOBER 2012 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share.
2. To the left of your screen about at the bottom of your image you will see "LINK/EMBED IMAGE". It's just below the Facebook, Twitter, & Pin it buttons. Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Left click on the copy & paste code box..it will turn blue. Right click on it to paste.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code.

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.
*End of Month photo contest entry deadline: Octoberr 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

October Minis:

1 - a path
2 - flame
3 - incognito
4 - it's time for....
5 - orange
6 - turn it black (& white)
7 - it's my favorite....
8 - a treat
9 - night shot
10 - I get my kicks....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hello! Cute little monsters Lori!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Greenacres

I'm in again!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Heather4859

Lori, who says we don't bite!!! Speak for yourself!!!!

Cool mini's!!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

I"m in. Should be interesting mini's. Will have to see if I can translate any of them into Thanksgiving.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to KristaDee

I'm in again too!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Here I am trying one more time! Hopefully the technical gremlins will stay away from me this month!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Already have two minis figured out.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Congrats Linda! September's fav photo!

(I know where you live)

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

I'm in again for October. I really hope to do better this month.

I am very far behind over in September and will get caught up over there before I start here.

Looks like Kate won the poll! Congrats!!

Edited by Anna C on 09-30-12 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Night everyone!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Anna C

I`d like in again please.

Congrats Linda, it was a great photo.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• desilu3131 Said:
Congrats Linda! September's fav photo!

(I know where you live)

Congrats Linda!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey ladies!

We ran over to my inlaws yesterday to help put the shingles on the potting shed for dh's mom. Well, we had to backtrack and fix a few things first so it took longer. Dh's sister had helped and convinced mil that they didn't need certain things. Then, after mil got the tar paper up, sil asked if she had put the screws in the roof sheeting that sil had not finished yet. Dh got those in, somehow, under the tar paper. Mil just keeps saying, it is only a potting shed. At least the foundation is stable.

Mil said a funny though and I have to share. She went to Lowe's to get some OSB (plywood). She asked the guy where the SOB was. He kinda looked at her funny and she realized what she said. She was so embarrassed. I laughed so hard the Little Mister got upset. I don't know if he thought I was crying or if I was just too loud. He doesn't like loud noises like the vacuum or blender.

I'm waiting until 9 to make some phone calls. I wish banks would open a little sooner (or answer their phones earlier as I know they have the drive-through open already).

Carolyn, I missed what your system is for potty training Daisy? I am a firm believer in kenneling at night to prevent piddles in the house. Moose did great using that method. They really do like the security of a kennel too, as it simulates a den. After she's trained you can let her back in your room. Hope you figure out what works best!

Have a great day all!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning.

So the raking Jeff and I did on Saturday? Well, you can't really tell that we did any. Guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow. More raking! Not the easiest on the knee but it needs to be done.

I hear you on busy, Sherry! I'm finding that my 3 hours of work Mon/Wed/Fri mornings sure cuts into my regular work load. So, Tuesdays and Thursdays I find myself squishing in as much as possible. Plus October is our busy month for birthdays, and then Thanksgiving yet too. So for the next 3 weekends, we either have a birthday party (two nephews, Crispin and myself) or Thanksgiving. Will be crazy. Oh well, it doesn't last forever.

Guess I should get back to work.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Finally caught up in September. I guess Linda won the poll and not Kate! So sorry.....I promise I will try to do better this month!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good afternoon! Woke up late and I'm thinkin it's gonna be a jammie's day! Sitting here with a sweater on!!!!

My sister continues to remain stable. But the future is so uncertain. Just got off the phone with my BIL. He is holding up really well; planning on how he can make her life as comfortable as possible when she comes home. If I'm repeating myself, but, I have always said that my sister's marriage is the best I have ever witnessed. Married almost 50 years and the way my BIL looks at her and she at him brings me to tears. She was able to say a few words to me on the phone today...I told her I was praying to Padre Pio, her favorite saint, and she yelled into the phone "all right!!!!" She made me laugh.

I'm truly surprised that I won for September's photo; the photos entered were so beautiful! Thank you!!!!

My 'good' hand started flaring up a few days ago; seeing a hand dr this week....long story; had an appt with a dr I researched; after waiting a month to see him, his office called last week to say due to some paper work problem, he can't accept medicare. So they referred me to the dr I have an appt with this week. Can't find that much about her online. Doesn't make me happy....don't even know if she will 'touch' me. Seems when dr's find out something went wrong in one hand, they're afraid to come near me!!! Oy

I can't do much crafting lately as neither my hands want to cooperate, nor can I find my muse, but thankfully photography I can do and it brings me pleasure. Look forward to fall photos...both mine and yours!!!!!

Happy Monday

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Anna C

JCI
Sherry, Dr. Bob, Daisy's vet recommended the kennel method. As in, if she doesn't potty outside, put her in the kennel for 45 minutes to an hour and then try again. Keep doing it and eventually she will learn. Sure hope so!
It has turned chilly here. It is 67 in the house.
But, it is a gorgeous day! Time to spring Daisy from "Doggy Jail" and take her out.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Hi everyone! Been painting today and thought I'd check in quickly. I've had time to unload my ladders and have to leave in 5 minutes to pick Uriah up. Run, run, run! I did catch up with conversation here.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Forgot to congratulate Linny earlier! Congratulations!
Think I am going to do some Amazon browsing and then read. I am way behind on my goal of reading 100 books this year. Better get busy!
BBL

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

Morning! (still have a few minutes before noon in my neck of the woods! lol)

Here is my first photo for the month...

POD#1 - Metal Mustang By Lenethren

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to Lenethren

Congrat's Linny. Loved the picture.

I am in for this month.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

LINDA I want so badly for you to get this whole hand thing under control. I feel you've been giving ENOUGH run-a-round!! Praying for you.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to erjaan

Here is my second photo already. I could hear a fighter jet so I grabbed a camera and went outside. It came around again before landing so I managed a few photos. In the one photo you have to look just above the building to see it.

POD#2 - Fighter Jet By Lenethren

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

JCI ladies. We are off to hockey...house league starts tonight.

I just got word that the DR WAS able to remove Kristiaan's stone. Her tube was open nicely (no infection) and he broke the stone in 4 pieces and removed them all! WHEW!!!!

BBL!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - that's great news on Kristiaan. Sure hope she recovers quickly now.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Lori, that is great news! Poor kid, I cant believe she's been dealing with it for so long. I've never had them, but had a friend who did after having children and she said she'd take child birth any day over the stones... Not sure if you want to share that with Kristiann, if she would find that encouraging for the future or not.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Linny I hope your new Dr. is a good one and she can help your hand heal well. I also hope your sister continues making progress.

Lori I am really happy that Kristiaan has the stone removed. How is she feeling?

Krista I know how the time crunch feels. I thought with G at school half days I would be able to get so much done, but I have never felt busier. I am always trying to squeeze in one more chore or task here or there.

Hi everyone else I am sorry I fell off at the end of the month last month. Life is just hectic now. I love having a house with a large backyard, but it needs a lot of work to feel like home and i'm not good at taking breaks.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Lori, great news about Kristiann! I hope she will heal rapidly now. Did the doctor give her any advice as to how to possibly prevent stones in the future?
Linny, I hope this doctor will solve your hand problems. It has been going on way too long!
Need to eat! Maybe find something to shoot.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Mini #3 Incognito By Erjaan

At least it is in Halloween colors.

LORI so happy for the DD!! It took sooooo long to resolve.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Lori, I am so happy to hear the surgeon was able to remove the stone...I'm sure Kristian is thrilled...she's suffered so much!

Just got word that the surgeons are going to be placing a permanent internal drain in Camille that will go from her brain to her stomach. They tried closing off the external drain to see if her body could absorb the constant fluid build up, but it cannot. Another bump in the road.... Spoke with her and voice seemed stronger today. Quite a journey.

Peace

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

MINI#1 A Path By Erjaan

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening everyone!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Kristiaan! She is feeling good...no Rx's but she has a stent. The stone was sent off for a looksie. Hopefully on the follow up he will be able to tell here what kind of metal she shouldn't eat anymore!

Linda....still praying for your sister!

Missa...1/2 days always seemed more hectic! I loved full day with my last 2.

First night of house hockey went well. Uriah SMOKED those poor kids. I saw several parents eyeing him...sort of with disgust, I think. House is mandatory and I can't help he's been a travel player for 4 years. There were several kids not there so maybe Sat morning will be better..talent wise. I do feel bad for those kids just learning the game...they will learn quickly with the travel boys.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

You want to see where the path leads? It isn't a cute little house or bear or lovely lake. I think I have a photo of it.

The End of the Path By Erjaan

This is where it ends, I think I have shown this before but not recently.

Edited by erjaan on 10-01-12 05:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Turning in I think. So tired and sore from climbing the ladder today. Weigh in tomorrow, it seems like the week flies by so quickly!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Turning in myself in a few.
Good Night Ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Good night all!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Linny, I hope you find some relief for your hand soon. And I am glad to learn that your sister is continuing to improve.

Lori, so glad your dd was able to get rid of that stone. The poor child has really suffered.

Hello to everyone else!

Edited by Anna C on 10-02-12 11:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Linny I am thinking of you and your sister. I am happy to hear your sister's DH is a good man who will do everything he can to help yous sister. I'm not sure how common that is anymore.

Lori I hope you are not too sore today. I'm doing some painting myself today. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up tonight.

Carolyn how's the potty training going?

Good news both my lettuces and garlic have come up. Day time highs are still in the 80s but the night time is the low 40s so I getting my little buddies some water walls to stay warm and happy over night.

Have a great day everyone!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning. Have a to-do list to accomplish today.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Missa...what are you painting?

Feeling pretty good today + weigh in went better than I expected....down a few lbs. I have to meet my mom today at some point about 35 minutes away from me. She has stuff for me and I have stuff for her. It's been about a month since we've met on our usual Friday to go to the store together. She's been working on her house and of course I've been busy with DD's house. It's a nasty misty, dreary day. I don't mine the dreary but the mist can go...my hair does not like it!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Missa, I am afraid to say much about it, but Daisy has pottied (both) outside 2x today. And the last time she actually told me she needed to go out! With her, it is two steps forward and one back. But, she is beginning to understand if she pottys on the floor she will be sent to her room. Kinda funny, I found where she had pottied on the floor. I just called her and when she seen what I was looking at, w/o a word from me, she went straight to her room. Shows me that she KNOWS it is a No-No! It sure seems like she poops more often than she should but, she is growing and is not "wormy" so, I guess she is just like a baby. They poop a lot more often when they are little, don't they?
Anyhoo, I need to get busy shooting! Right now, I am drawing a blank!
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

This mommy ain't too happy with her baby.... got a call from his teacher - turns out he disappeared from class today, not once but 2x. And when questioned on it by the teacher, he was blatantly disrespectful. And he hasn't been eating the yogurt I send to school, he's been messing it up all over the floor/desk... apparently he doesn't like what I've been sending him, but didn't want to bring it home because then I'd know he wasn't eating it (he didn't tell me, because he helped me pick this carton of assorted yogurts out, and was told he had to eat all of the flavours). So, this mean mommy, cancelled his birthday party. And took away his toys from his room (he had to help carry them to the basement), and took away all electronic privileges. We also took away his right to attend his cousins birthdays (there's two this month). One of us will just have to stay at home with him. We had lots of tears.... but I'm tired of this. Just wish I knew what to do. He knows the rules, he knows he needs to obey them, he knows he's not supposed to be disrespectful or lie.... he just chooses to make bad decisions. Does anyone have any helpful hints/tips/advice? I'm at my wits end.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Wow Krista...how long are his privileges taken away? I hope him knowing that the teacher is communicating with you will help with the situation at school. He's going to be one bored boy. Is he still allowed to read?

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Mini #2 FLAME By Erjaan

MINI #10 I get My Kicks....(on Route 66) By Erjaan

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to erjaan

Lori - he is still allowed to read, and he has his trains left, although they will be next to go if something doesn't change. I really hated taking his birthday party away from him, but I hope he understands and comes to realize that with disobedience there are consequences. (there have always been, so I'm at my wits end, trying to figure out why he thinks he can try to get away with stuff).

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista I had to giggle about the yogurt thing. My kids would have trashed it and I wouldn't have had a clue. Some kids are just stubborn. Keeping my finger crossed...but I haven't really had any major issues with my kids. Just normal kid stuff. Kristiaan by far was my most disobedient child. She even claimed in elementary school she was adopted! Guess she didn't know that paper would be up in the hallway for parent teacher conferences, lol! Uriah is normally a pretty good kid. Just of late he has tried to push me a bit. He's bigger than me but I can still take him and he knows it!! Everyone has their own way of discipline...I personally spanked when they needed it! Uriah was always so big that I had to tape two 5 gallon paint stirrers together. After a time or two getting a swat on the bum all I had to do was act like I was going for it. We named it PeeWee. With Kristiaan...I'd threaten with DAD when she was little. She was one of those kids you could spank and she would laugh in your face. She spent a ton of time with her nose in the corner! When my girls would fight I'd make them sit on the couch face to face and hug. Oh how they hated that but it was effective! I found that out a few weeks ago, lol!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Krista, does Crispin give any excuse for his behavior? Just curious.
I can only remember a couple of times being spanked as a child. I remember one time in particular that Daddy spanked me. Let's just say I really really deserved it.
But, for the most part, all Daddy had to do was give me a look and I knew I had better straighten up and fly right. Mama, too for the most part.
It sounds like Crispin is seeing just how far he can push his limits. Good luck and hang in there.
Think I am going to turn in and read for a bit. Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

I think I'm ready to hit the hay too! Our Chik-fil-a is doing free breakfast Wednesdays this month again. It must really be a hit because they used to only do it once a year. I think this is already the 3rd time this year. I went last week and Uriah has said he wants to go tomorrow (I hope I can wake him early enough). Last week, the car in front of me paid for my waffle fries.....so nice!! Have a fabulous evening everyone! I have had $20 in Kohls cash sent to me and I am looking for new utility room curtain toppers or new knee high boots tomorrow. Wonder what will win out? I also want to find some sort of pointer finger protector at the craft store....Uriah has his last session of acceleration tomorrow right after school. After this week he is on a 2 week Fall break!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Krista, so sorry for the aggravation! I became VERY close acquaintence with my sons' teachers and principal (unfortunately). I realized years later why they were acting out, and happy to report they are both in their thirty's and no longer crawling under desks and starting fights. Or so they say!!!!! The only thing a parent can do is to keep the lines of communication opened. Most times kids act out because they can't or won't talk about feelings and stuff. It's so frustrating.

Good night! Oh and Kate, stop hanging around the men's room...people are beginning to talk!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 10-02-12 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - I'd get the boots.

We spanked too. Cody didn't need it very often, he was the type that threatening him with it worked just as well. Crispin got spanked, but that seems to have stopped working. Groundings don't seem to help, so we've gone a little more extreme. I just wish I knew what else to do. It's really tempting to go talk to our Pastor and see if there's a counselor that we can talk to.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Krista you have talked about about Crispin's behavior in the past, he certainly has a record of being naughty. I'm sorry that it has come to this, but it sounds like he has been asking for it. Young kids need the boundries. The only advice I could give is to give him the opportunity to earn back priveliges so he sees that good behavior is rewarded. It's hard work being a mom. I know you give it your all and you are a really great mom.

Lori I hope you enjoy your breakfast.

I did get my painting done and tomorrow I am breaking out the power tools to get started on a table unless of course I get my 10 percent off coupon from Lowes in my inbox.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Photos

October JFF By MissaOnTheRun

October POD 1 By MissaOnTheRun

October mini Orange By MissaOnTheRun

October POD 2 New Pet By MissaOnTheRun

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

Morning all, I've yet to go to bed heading there now, I've got all I want to say written down, so I will post later on today way to tired now.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Good morning!

Breakfast was delish! I've been working on invoicing....bleck! Now off to do some shopping. Uriah has a short day and also his last acceleration today. I hope he pushes hard...today will tell how much he improved over his sessions.

Missa...awesome painting job!

Krista...I really want some boots! I finally have two pair of jeans that I can wear them with.

Sandra....did you stay up ALL night?

BBL!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to sasload4

I'm here

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning! Another rainy fallish day here. Plan on doing some cooking and visiting Camille tonight. Did our supermarket shopping last night....I swear, I shop as if we are a family of 5!!!!

Debi, lovin your lil camera!

Have a 'snappy' day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

Good morning!

Krista, I took dd’s toys and privileges away several times during her late elementary and early middle school days. They weren’t given back to her. She had to earn them back. How long it took to earn them back depended on how bad her actions were. But the small privileges were given back after a few days or a week or so depending on the circumstance. From past experience, taking everything away just made her act out more because she had nothing to lose. At least that was our experience. I said this to her many times…”Every action has a consequence and every consequence has a price. What that price is depends on you.” Our dd was and is very social so losing her privileges to school and church functions really hit her hard. And like Lori, I spanked too. DH and I both did. In looking back over those years, I don’t regret the spankings I gave her but I really regret the screaming and shouting at her that I did. I hope things settle down for him soon.

Have a lovely day ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

Talked with Crispin's teacher this morning before school started. We will be meeting with the school guidance counselor/psychiatrist. I'm hoping that she can see something that we are missing, or maybe that there is a bigger issue (something like ADD, ADHD, Autism...) and then go from there.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista I think that is a good plan!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Krista, I too feel this is the best route to take. All the best!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

I think that's a great plan too, Krista. Good luck.

Here's my first photo for October.

October POD 1 By Anna C

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Anna C

Krista I hope that your school can give you the help you need. Hang in there Mom, Crispin will be ok.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI
Krista, Peyton (my great-nephew) is ADHD. When he forgets his medicine or the level needs adjusting, he is so wild that he can't stand himself! I hope the school can help. I also would consider talking to his doctor about his behavior.
NTS Start with Missa on page 2.
Off to fix lunch!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I was feeling pretty and I knew there was a reason I could share here - you are all so supportive and encouraging. and (well, maybe not the !)

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to KristaDee

Krista I hope you find answers soon.

I still have Lucky the crow, actually the kids changed his name to Lucky Dog because the bowl he uses for his baths say DOG on the side lol. I`m going to call a parrot place I heard about to see if they will help as the rehab only wants to kill him. If nothing else I want help trimming his nails. Normally his hunting, scavenging and daily routines would help keep his nails trim but here that doesn`t happen. I am worried I will break what trust he has with me if I have to pin him down and cut his claws. A photo from today of him...

POD#3 - In flight... By Lenethren

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

Had a nice surprise just now! One of my neighbors told someone to come down and mow my yard! I asked him how much and he said nothing. Hopefully, this will be the last time it will need mowing this year.
ACU
Still stuck on something to shoot.
BBL

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Hang in there Krista "this too shall pass". You are doing all the right things with the school and hope you will see results. Does his brother have a clue to it all?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening!

Just got home from my dads. I made banana bars with brown butter icing and took him some while they were still warm. He hates cherry anything and dislikes only one fruit more...bananas!! Why did I not know that, lol! He'll save them for my brother when he sees him this weekend.

Uriah did so well today at acceleration. His trainer was pleased with is outcome over the last 16 weeks. He doubled his beginning score in nearly everything. Basically they have a variety of things they do during each session. They are tested to start and monitored throughout and tested again at the end. He worked really hard today.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Uriah! Way to go!
JCI Think I am going to back to my book.
Good Night Ladies.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Night

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning everyone!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Morning Lori!

It's rainy here today. Started yesterday afternoon. While I am very thankful it's raining, we need the moisture so bad - I'm kicking myself just a little bit because I should have raked the yard the other day. Now I will have wet soggy leaves to clean up! Oh well. Just very glad it's raining.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Anna C

Good Morning! It is a beautiful day @156 Snider Rd.!
Did not sleep much last night, which is not good because I have so many errands I need to do today. Oh well, I will just come home and crash!
Have a great day ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Rainy and dreary here! Even with the skylight over my desk, I have the ceiling light on...

Carolyn, I didn't sleep well either! Next time I'll come over and we can chit chat over a warm cup of milk!!!

Have new hand dr appt...hope it goes well.

Visited with Camille last night. I'm so thankful for how well she is doing, but I realized last night how far she needs to go. At times she thinks she is somewhere else; or she can't remember simple things; raising her arms is a big effort and she can't always do it. I feel for her daughter...they are 'best buddies'.

Peace

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• desilu3131 Said:
Evening!

Just got home from my dads. I made banana bars with brown butter icing and took him some while they were still warm. He hates cherry anything and dislikes only one fruit more...bananas!! Why did I not know that, lol! He'll save them for my brother when he sees him this weekend.

Uriah did so well today at acceleration. His trainer was pleased with is outcome over the last 16 weeks. He doubled his beginning score in nearly everything. Basically they have a variety of things they do during each session. They are tested to start and monitored throughout and tested again at the end. He worked really hard today.

OK,LORI, I've heard of Brown Butter icing but what is it?

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn and Linda
I didn't sleep too well last night maybe the three of us could meet somewhere in the middle like Kansas City and chat. You do have private jets don't you?

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Linny I feel for Camille's daughter too. I can't imagine something like that happening to my mom. Is Camille on the schedule the Drs. anticipated for her. Who is the new drain working. How are you doing?

Lori please share this brown butter icing with us. My eyes got big just thiking about it.

Anytime Krista!

All of our trees are turning here, except the one in my front yard. I wish it would so G and I can play in the leaves. I really ready for autumn. These 85 degree days are getting old. I'm ready for sweaters and jeans.

G is doing so well in school. She is playing with all of the children and only giving a quick sniffle when I leave. She keeps bringing home all sorts of stuff. Yesterday it was a plastic cup with two grasshoppers she caught on her nature walk.

Ohh one more update. I am on the Board of Directors for the White Moutain S.A.F.E. House. I attend my first meeting in October and I am so excited to be apart of this organization. It is a home that offers 120 day emergency housing to women fleeing dangerous homes. They have been around almost 20 years and now they are turning more of their energy to serving the children of domestic abuse. Having taught and mentored children in Detroit I think I can really help the organization with its new goals.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

The brown butter icing was nasty sweet! That being said I am not an icing fan and even less fan of powdered sugar icing.

Frosting:
1/2 C butter ( I use unsalted)
4 C powered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP milk

Brown butter in saucepan (it will turn dark and smell nutty) remove from heat.
Add powdered sugar, vanilla , and milk. Whisk together until smooth (thicker than glaze thinner than frosting).

I pinned this recipe on my RECIPE board on Pinterest if you are interested in the recipe in its entirety. Banana Bread Bars-Brown Butter Frosting

This recipe made a jellyroll pan full. I could have used 1/2 the icing IMO.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Missa what a great organization to be part of!

Linda....although your sister has a long way to go she has made great progress! Good luck with the new hand DR! I'm anxious to see what he says!

Kate....everything is better with brown butter! I have even made brown butter ice cream. I no longer make regular rice krispy treats....kids HAVE to have brown butter ones!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

JCI. BBL!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI. This day has flown by. Trying my hand at baby mittens today. I made Uriah some energy bites and they are quite tasty. Found the recipe on Pinterest. Pulled out pork chops for dinner too. Now when I get home I must mow. DH did the front yard but the back is still waiting. It is supposed to be 40 degrees colder by tomorrow, I think. Maybe Sat and rain is coming in soon. Sunday I can vacuum the pool and finish getting the chemicals in for closing!

Off to get Uman...BBL!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - what are you doing with the pork chops? I have some on the counter too for supper.

Well, I think that rain that has been falling since yesterday is getting a little "thicker", a little more substantial, and a little whiter! Looks like we might have some snow in the air. If it is snow - it's melting before it hits the ground.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista....I suppose I'll just pan cook them unless DH wants to fire up the grill. Usually unless we are cooking several things at once we don't bother with the grill. We do however have about 10 Italian Sausages in the fridge....hum....might have to actually fire the grill up! I'm also having baked potatoes & edamames. Trying to fix better dinners for us, especially Uriah.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hi all!

Missa, not sure if the drain is working properly! Today they did a swallowing test and what she swallows is not going where it's supposed to? (that's the explanation I received from my BIL) They have her back on IV drip. And, today she is just lying in the bed staring. Will not say a word. They scheduled an EKG for tomorrow. It's such a rollercoaster of emotions....up and down.....

Lori, the hand doctor seemed very nice. She spent time with me; I tried to interview her....she has done many CT releases; she was Director of Hand Surgery at SUNY; she feels I need the surgery; was reluctant, but gave me an injection so I can get some sleep. Suggests I schedule surgery.

Oh, and thanks for the lovely autumn package...LOVE it and the fragrance is deeelish!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

You're welcome Linda.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - I baked mine with an olive oil and sun-dried tomato salad dressing dumped over top. They got a little dry as DH was stuck at a service call almost an hour longer than needed, and I forgot to turn the oven down. Sure was tasty though. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

working on my photos from the summer. Trying to get them all edited as near to perfection as possible so when I show them at the camera club no one snickers or yawns. LOTS of work yet to do.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Krista...DD ended up cooking ours for dinner tonight. It was good!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oct. #1 By Desilu3131

mini #5 orange By Desilu3131

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Evening all.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Night ladies!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU on love!
Will try to catch up on chit chat tomorrow. Daisy and my bed are calling for attention!
Good Night Ladies!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to 2xblessed

JCI and leaving chit-chat love.

LINNY - Congrats on Septembers win, it's a fantastic photo.
Hoping that this doctor will fix your hand to what it should be. Doctors here in my area are dropping Medicare and Medicaid patients like flies.
Your sister is a strong woman and she will do well especially with a loving husband and a great sister by her side.
I cannot shop for just 2, well now the house is full again I still buy like I'm feeding an army. lol

KRISTA - Canadian Thanksgiving. What is a typical meal, and when is it celebrated?
Know that you are doing all the right things with Crispin. How old is he? If he keeps up his nonsense will the school allow you to be in the classroom with him as a form of punishment? Does he still ride his bike to school? What about a policeman talking to him? If he doesn't change his ways what the future road will be for Crispin that kind of thing.
Good luck with the meeting at the school. Jaque, my oldest daughter was diagnosed with ADD and did well on meds. Greta, the youngest with ADHD and had a variation of meds as her body became immune to them every 6 months.
We had 8 inches of rain last week within 72hrs. It was needed, and now the temps are dropping and I'm loving it. It reminds me of home although at this time of year in Scotland it's much, much colder, brrrrr.....

CAROLYN - Potty training our dogs has always been with the kennel method.
A 100 books a year, WOW that's super. I'm lucky if I read two a year unless reading DGDs books at night to her counts. LOL.
My Mum had 'THE LOOK' and a great backhand until my brother and I knew at what length we could smart off and not get hit, but Mum got us other ways.
Getting a chore done for you is always a nice thing, and mowing the grass is a chore I hate.

LORI - Great news about Kristiaan, now back to normal life!!!
The face-to-face hug thing I did with my girls. LOL. I remember one time they got into it at Target, so I made them do it right then and there in the main aisle. People laughed, and the girls were mortified, NEVER DID IT AGAIN... in public anyways!!!
I didn't stay up all night only got about three hours of sleep and then got up again.
Did you buy the boots?
Go Uriah, doubling his scores, YAY!!!
Where do you find your wee cartoon emoticons? I think that's what they call them.

MISSA - What is the colour of green and brand of paint you used? I really love the colour.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, AND BRAVO!!!

DEBI - Love the wee camera

DYANA - Did you have any success with the parrot place for Lucky Dog!!!

Life is a laugh right now. The washing machine broke with a load of towels in it off to the laundrette tomorrow morning haven't done this since I was first married. Thank goodness DH is on holiday this week he's going with me.

I'm asking for your prayers please. My cousin, Vincent is in ICU and is very ill. Here's a brief history:
At 10 (he's 24 now) was diagnosed with a brain tumour on his piturity gland. The gland and tumour were removed.
From the surgery was left with tunnel vision.
From the surgery now has water diabetes, I can't remember the name for it, sorry.
Two years later the tumour grew back, radiation killed it. Vincent has been told that if the tumour comes back again there is nothing else to be done for him.
Has to have hormone shots for the rest of his life.
Developed a rare disease in his right leg that has left it very deformed.
Has such a want for sugar he has put on a terrible amount of weight. The water diabetes.
Two weeks ago had gasteric bypass and was only supposed to be in the hospital THREE days, he's still there.
Since being in hospital he's lost 32lbs and has not eaten by mouth in two weeks.
Developed a severe infection, has liquid in his stomach, turned out to be old blood. Is having severe #2 problems. Scan reveled a hole in his bowl done by the gasteric surgeon.
Yesterday he had a major surgery to remove the part of the bowl with the hole in it, and not only was there a hole, but an abcess too!!!!
He's in ICU with two gastro bags attatched to him and two more drainage bags for the blood that is still going into his stomach.
His Mum passed away when he was 16, he was in hospital then with a massive infection and his big sister passed away 3 years ago.
SO I PLEASE ASK FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR HIM.

Thanks ladies so much!!

Edited by sasload4 on 10-05-12 12:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Morning!

Sandra my goodness! Vincent is certainly going through it. Will definitely keep him lifted in prayer! 24 is awfully young to be going through so much!

I found NO boots nor curtains. Came home empty handed but am still looking for both. Try photobucket for the cute animated stuff. You don't have to have an account....just use the search box.

Meeting with my accountant today I hope. Uriah starts 2 weeks of Fall break after today. He hates sitting in the office with me so I'm going to try to get all that business stuff done today.

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics