Page 2 of 7 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to desilu3131

Good morning!

Keeping Vincent in my thoughts, I'm so sorry for all he is going through...

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to WeeFaerie

Lori - I was going to say Fall break already, till I remembered U-man has been in school a lot longer than my boys.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

Sandra - Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend. Monday is the actual holiday day. A typical meal consists of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams, usually a hot veggie of choice. And then you get the salads: lettuce salad, fruit salad, jello salad... Then if we are celebrating with Jeff's grandparents, then there's always fresh buns. And then dessert - there's always pumpkin pie, fruit pies, chocolate pies, maybe some fancy cheesecakes....

This year I'm bring gluten free desserts. Found a recipe on Pinterest for a mini cinnamon cheesecake with pumpkin pie topping. All of DH's favorite tastes. May make a chocolate gluten free as well, as I don't like pumpkin.

Crispin is 7 on Tuesday. It has been a better week. He hasn't ridden his bike to school the last few days as it's too wet and there's a cold wind. Last thing I need is him getting sick.

Well, it's off to school and then work. Talk to you all later.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Hugs and prayers, Sandra!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Sandra, so sorry to hear all Vincent has gone through...sending prayers!!!!

Krista, dh and I have spent a couple of Thanksgivings in your beautiful country!! I'm drooling over your menu!

It's a lovely day here...sun is shining.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Sandra I'll keep Vincent in my thoughts today. He must be a very strong man to traverse all of the obstacles put before him until now. I wish the best for him.

Krista I am glad to hear that Crispin had a good week.

Lori two weeks off that seems like a long time. IN Michigan there is no Autumn break and here in AZ the kids get one week off. Of course MI starts school the day after Labor Day.

Kate I'm sure those photos will look magnificent after you are done with them. I'm sure they already look good.

Today G and I are going up the hill to run errands. K-mart, Grocery and Sears. Toph wants a new TV which is fine we have an old 19 inch (you know the really heavy wide ones) the only problem is he wants a 40 inch flat screen and i'd like a 20 inch flat screen. I'm going to check them out today. Considering how much more TV he watches than me i'm sure I'll just let him pick.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa...we have a big flat screen in the living room and a small one in the bedroom. I HATE the small one. Can't see a thing on it and if you're at a certain angle you can't see anything but weirdness. Go for the big one. Matter of face, Uriah has an old one in his bedroom and we have been thinking of switching ours with his. His is on a wall mount he can watch from his bed. Ours in on top of DH's armoire at the foot of the bed. There is enough room to just walk between the two.

We are on the extended calendar now this school year. We've never had anymore than 2 days off for Fall Break (not counting the weekend).

It's rainy & nasty out...the cold is on the way too! I did make it to the accountant's office so now I won't have to put U through all that boredom! LOL!

Krista..your Thanksgiving sounds about like ours. Do you do cranberry sauce?

Oh...the first reports cards are out. Well, I haven't seen it yet but the 9 weeks are over already. Doesn't seem possible. I do know Uriah has passing grades. I love how I can look online everyday (if I want) and see how he's doing. One grade was iffy and I emailed his teacher. She hadn't input everything yet so his grade ended up much better than I saw.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

CRANBERRY SAUCE!!!!!! I knew I was forgetting something. I eat the turkey only because I can slather it with cranberry sauce.

This year for Jeff's extended (grandparents, and his Dad's siblings and all their kids and grandkids) family gathering it's potluck, so it won't be a traditional meal (when we are all together, we are almost 50 people). We won't be that many this year. I know I'm bring dessert, someone is bringing pies, some are bringing salads, one is bringing sweet and sour sausage with rice.... not sure what anyone else is bringing, but they are all amazing chefs, so it will be tasty.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI again...time to pick up Uriah. Hockey tonight. Have to leave early due to Friday traffic. Should be fun since it's raining too. Makes it 2x as bad. Plus, I've got skates to get sharpened and a helmet to fix....hope the pro shop is open for us.

BBL tonight.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

I went with a different TV than either of us wanted. I ended up getting a 46 inch. I cost a bit more, but the quality was much higher. I figure now that I have winter I'm going to need one.

Little miss G is napping so I'm going to sit on my tushy for a bit and relax. It's a real ordeal to run all of the errands at once up the hill. We made 7 stops! G was a champ, I love that little thing.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Sandra, I don't know the paint color today but it's by Olympic and it's in their natural colors pallette. You can pick it up at Lowes. I'll be back to Lowe's next week and I'll get the name for you.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Nov. 2012 POD & Mini #8 A Treat By 2xblessed

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

So many needing prayers. Praying for God's Healing/Comforting hand on each individual!
It has been another gorgeous day here. I love Fall!
Need to get off and take Daisy out to potty. Right now she is in her room (aka: Doggy Jail) for not pottying when and where she is suppose to.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...my mom used to take our puppies out every 15 minutes and would not let them out of her sight. Does she get a treat when she does go outside?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Off for the night.

We have to be back at the rink by 7 in the morning. Have a great evening! U is already passed out and has been for about 1/2 hour.

Have a great evening!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Evening all! Its been crazy windy here for two days now.

Sorry, I know these are similar shots, I could not decide which one I liked most, so I'm posting all 3

October Photo Fun #1 By Mrs PaulyD
October Photo Fun #2 By Mrs PaulyD
October Photo Fun #3 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Heather4859

OK, so I haven't left just yet. DH is making a 4th meal run..shame!!!!

Been looking at Pinterest. Found a pumpkin dump cake crock pot post that looks interesting. I do have a can of pumpkin that need used....hum......

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Yes Lori, Daisy is given a small treat and lots of praise when she goes potty outside. And if she poops an even bigger treat. If she fails to do anything, she is put in her kennel for about 45 minutes and then taken outside to try again. This is Dr. Bob's suggestion. She is on a leash when she goes out and is never out of might sight. The biggest problem I have with her is her attention span! Can a dog be ADHD? She will act like she is ready to potty and then spots a twig or bug and forgets!
Oh well, think it is time to turn in.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Carolyn...she's a Jack Russel mix, right? If so, well, that explains it. Plus, it's the puppy in her!

I just turned my oven on. It was 67 in the house. Left one rink to come home to another, lol! It is simply gorgeous out! The sun coming up this morning on the colored leaves was incredible!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning!
It is wet, cold and dreary out this morning. It makes for good sleeping! Think I am going to take a nap!
Yes, Lori Daisy is a Jack Russell/Pug which does explain a lot!
Off to take that nap. BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI.

We made a trip to Sam's Club and what I specifically went for they did not have....that really honks me! I was there just a few weeks ago and they had several pallets of it. One specific trail mix Uriah will eat. He likes if before hockey for an energy boost. They did have one kind but it was full of peanuts & raisins...ewww! So tomorrow we are going to a Sams north of us to see if they have it while we are up that way watching a hockey game (the team Uriah desperately wanted to make earlier in the year). Not sure if I mentioned it before but found out his new coach was part of the decision making for that second team he tried out for. He said it was a very tough decision to cut him and him and the coach of that team still talk about it now that he knows Uriah. Bottom line is his size...that team they built for speed. We have scrimmaged them twice now and they are all tiny guys. I'm hoping Uriah will show him what he's got this year (coach is already very happy with him) and kind of groom him for that team next year. We'll see.

Carolyn...as pretty as it is hear, I think I'm going to lay down for a bit. I feel so tired...kinda lazy too!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Nov. 2012 POD #2 & Mini #7 It's My Favorite By 2xblessed

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Lori, I haven't got my nap yet! Heading that way shortly!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

No nap for me today. Was reading my friends facebook status's today, and one of them was lamenting the fact that her trucker husband got a "detour" all the way down into Texas. (which is an extra few 1000kms then he expected) so he won't be home for Thanksgiving. So - I talked to DH, and then called her. Her and her 5 kids (one set of the cutest twin girls), will be joining us for a very spur of the moment mini Thanksgiving supper. Thank goodness for spaghetti and meat sauce - you can make that meal stretch. Will toss a quick salad and make some garlic bread as well.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to KristaDee

JCI and an update on Vincent, his condition has got worse, he's had two bloody transfusions, has fluid in his lungs, his kidneys are failing and had to go for another emergency surgery today, his stoma bags quit working, three major surgeries in two weeks.... My family and I thank you for all your prayers and well wishes and ask for your continued support for this very ill young man.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Sandra...so sorry that you all are going through this difficult time...will continue to pray for Vincent!

Krista...dinner sounds good, how nice of you. Sure your friend is very appreciative for the invite!

Carolyn...I did lay down but DH had the tv on. I did not rest peacefully. So, I've decided that I need to make a Hobby Lobby run!

Linda...how is your sister today?

BBL!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Krista, that was very nice of you and I am sure your friend enjoyed the invite.
Sandra, I am so sorry to hear the latest on Vincent. Will continue to pray.
Lori, I never did get my nap. Too many distractions.
BBL

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Lori and Krista, there is no obligation to do anything if you join www.goodreads.com. About the only thing I do is go on everyday for a few minutes just to see what giveaways are ending soon and enter the ones I want. And check to see if I have won any that I have entered. There are a lot of other things you can do but, I seldom fool with any of it. Going for real this time.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Mini # 5 ORANGE By Erjaan

Mini #9 Night shot By Erjaan

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

JFF....

week 40 By Desilu3131

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI

Just made a Creamy Chicken Noodle soup recipe I found on Pinterest. Very good! It's more of a semi-homemade recipe, but it surly could be done all from scratch.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Sounds good Heather!

Carolyn....I just signed up on GoodReads. Spent the last hour (at least) looking at all the giveaways.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Supper was a hit. The one little girl, polished off 3 plates of spaghetti! Very glad we had them over. Will hopefully do it again.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

ACU
Great Lori! Did you use your real name? I will go friend you.
That's nice Krista. I know they enjoyed it.
Heading to bed soon. Good Night Ladies.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...I think I signed up as desilu3131 there but my profile just says Lori. I entered several of the giveaways...saw many books that looked kinda "out there"!

Time for bed for me.

Have a great evening!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Sandra I am sorry to hear about Vincent. I am sending my thoughts.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Krista sounds like a fun dinner. How old are the twins?

Lori a team built for speed needs an enforcer, I am suprised U-man didn't get picked. I'm sure they will want him next year.

Carolyn it sounds like Daisy is going to be a pup for a long time to come.

We are settling in well here and tomorrow we are expecting 5 guests for baseball. Monday we are having a dinner with 6 guests. Our new neighborhood is great.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning! It is COLD here this morning! And if you know me you will know it has to be really cold for me to say anything!
Lori, I will "friend" you on Goodreads. I know what you mean about some of the books as being out there. I have won a couple of them that were good, but definitely out there!
Missa, Daisy's vet said she will be a pup for a couple of years.
Need some breakfast this morning.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Missa...how's the home coming along?

Carolyn....I got notice today I won a book already.

Getting ready for a busy day, again. One thing definitely on the list is sweeping the pool and adding more chemicals. I started the process last Sunday, now is crunch time! But first, we are watching some hockey!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Hope you Canadian girls have a great day!! Oh....I'm a day early......enjoy today and look at them again tomorrow!

This one's cute too, EH?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good afternoon and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Today is my 'baby's' 36th birthday!!!!

Sandra, how is Vincent? I continue to pray for him and your family!

After Camille's surgery again (Friday evening), she is hooked up to more machines and is back in neuroscience icu. I was at the hospital yesterday...due to the swelling in the brain, she didn't recognize anyone. It's 2 steps forward, one step back....but I have faith that she will come back to us!

Cold and rainy today.....it's a jammies day here!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Thanks for the thanksgiving wishes. We are off to a gathering in just over an hour. Have enough time to read for a bit, and them make some cream cheese frosting for my gluten free chocolate cupcakes, and then get the pumpkin pie "frosting" onto the cinnamon cheesecakes. (recipe off of pinterest)

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI.

Finally home and now to sweep the pool. Got my jacket and mittens ready. Must get this done and the chemicals going...supposed to be warmer tomorrow and Tuesday so we can get the cover on!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Happy Thanksgiving Krista!
Prayers for Camille and family.
Congrats on the win Lori! It was a couple of active months before I started winning. I had about decided it was a scam. What book did you win? I entered for several that would be over last night but, didn't win anything this time. Maybe tonight. Be sure and leave a review of it when you finish reading it. I do know that leaving reviews helps to increase your chance of winning another book.
Think I am going to get off and read on one that I won; Angel's Landing.
BBL

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Hi gorgeous chicks! 86 degrees of sunshine here and 8 million birds fighting over my feeder. They are plumb tuckered out flying here from the far north and they eat like pigs. And then they come to the door to let me know they are out of groceries. If this keeps up WE won't get any groceries!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Carolyn...It was The Life and Death of Lily Drake. I did read in my email that reviewing books gets you a better chance of winning.

Kate...it's 46 here right now.

Got the pool swept and almost all my plants thrown in the garden from the deck. Had a few still flowering but....I'm done! Just have 3 big rail boxes to empty.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista...how did the desserts fair?

Thinking I'm turning in. Uriah and I are painting tomorrow. Might even stay up that way since U has house evaluations in the evening (just down the street). So, if you don't see me tomorrow most of the day, you know where I am.

Have a great evening!!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

giving up on the plants,LORI? I remember when I did that this time of the year, I am NOT a gardener and it felt so free-ing to let them go. Now it is Oct. and I am BUYING plants for the winter. Daisies, geraniums, lantanas. Two springs here. Not sure I like that, except for looking at, but two pots of geraniums.....a few african daisies that take care of themself, maybe.

Night night ladies, see you tomorrow.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

Good Night Ladies!
Off to finish my book. It is so-so but, one line that the different characters use over and over that bugs me! They say; " I COULD care less!" What they really mean is; "I COULDN'T care less". This author has written more than just this book, so you would think she would know the difference. Also, she got just a little too uh, "descriptive" in some of the scenes. I like to use my imagination! I am glad I won the book and did not pay for it.
The story line was good and I was enjoying it until she went "R-rated" on me. Guess I am a prude. lol
Oh well! Good Night for real ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Kate...I had a couple pots of geraniums blooming in my deck pots. I "almost" considered bringing them in. My aunt always brings hers in over the winter and they fair well. I just don't have the room. Both spots where my plants do well are already packed with pots. I have to window areas they like, the rest of the house gets no real light.

Carolyn.....be a prude all you want.

We are off to paint.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Good morning!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to WeeFaerie

Good Morning!!!

Carolyn, you're too cute! I find I have become a bit prudish....especially when I see stuff on TV that I feel shouldn't be there!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

Good morning!

Hope those those in Canada had/have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Linda, I pray for a complete recovery for your sister.

Hello to everyone else.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

Good morning

Lori - desserts were a hit - especially the cinnamon cheesecakes with pumpkin pie frosting.

Linda - we are having a very wonderful thanksgiving. As yesterday was the big gathering, today we are relaxing. It's rainy and dreary here, but that's ok. It's an inside day anyways.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Carolyn, I am not sure Misty will ever stop being a pup. She still loses her mind whenever anything happens. As I type this she is doing laps up and down the hall outside this room.

Lori, I used to bring everything in. I had many lamps running on a timer to keep everyone happy, but I just ran out of room too. Our new house doesn't have as much room for plants so I'm only keeping the 6 that survived the move.
The house is coming. This week i'm painting the livign room and finishing the wall decor. I'm also slowly working on the pallet coffee table, but at the moment that's a spare time job.

Krista, I hope you had a blast yesterday.

Kate, it sounds perfect in Tuscon now. We have a ton of flyovers here. My yard was inudated with robins last week. I have no idea where they go, but they are off.

Linny I hope Camille is havign a good day today. Have you decided about surgery yet?

Sandra, how's Vincent doing?

Well I need to figure out what to make for our dinner guests tonight so have a great day everyone!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

To all you wonderful ladies. Vincent passed away in the wee hours of the night. He gave a good fight, but his heart couldn't take any more. As he was such a sick child/adult his wish was that if he passed to have his organs available for transplant, but they were too damaged, and so he wished his body to medical science in the hopes of helping other very sick children/adults some how, some way. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for all your heartfelt wishes and prayers.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to sasload4

Sandra I am so sorry. HUGS

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lenethren

Sandra, so sorry to hear of the passing of Vincent. He and your family will be in my prayers.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

Sandra, I am sorry to read of Vincent's passing. Prayers for peace for your family.
Off to heat us some lunch and then, I have GOT to mop at least one room.
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Sandra - so sorry about your loss.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to KristaDee

Sandra, I am so sorry for your loss

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to WeeFaerie

Sandra So sorry for your loss, he sounded like a great guy!!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

Mini #4 It's Time For.......PLANTING FLOWERS By Erjaan

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

MMS
Well, I ate lunch and put my feet up and closed my eyes for "just a minute to rest them". Those minutes turned into 3 hours! I woke up and didn't know whether it was morning or night. Sad thing is, I am still sleepy.
Oh well, one of the perks of living alone is I can eat, sleep or whatever on MY schedule. Just finished a bowl of strawberries and grapes. Think I am going to fix a small salad.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Good evening everyone! I am finally home. I certainly hate being gone ALL day. We ended up spending about 1 1/2 hrs (after my paint job was finished) at my DD's house rather than drive home and fight traffic just to drive right back up again. I'm ready for a hot shower and my pillow!

Sandra...so very sorry to hear of Vincent's passing!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Sandra I am sorry to hear of Vincent's passing.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night everyone!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Night Ladies~
I finished Angel's Landing. It was ok but, not really interested in reading anymore of her books. I am heading to bed with a new book; The Glass Butterfly. I can't remember which one of you lovely ladies asked me about it. I will let y'all know when I have gotten into it a bit!
Sweet Dreams!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Weighed in early this am and came home and made orange rolls...so yummy.

Taking Uriah to my moms today so he can spend a couple nights with her. Have to take a pool water sample for testing too. I've got my floors swept and laundry already out of the dryer. Trying to decide what I want to make for dinner....it will be DH and myself. Maybe a dinner out? I haven't been able to pick up my knitting in a couple of days...might just sit and fool with that today as my back is so sore from yesterday. I think it's because I had to maneuver my ladder more than normal.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Sandra, so very your sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to Anna C

Morning lovelies! It promises to be a chilly but beautiful day today.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to WeeFaerie

Good Morning! Off to try and do something constructive. BBL

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Up since 9:30 and my eyes are still half closed...even java isn't helping.

Carolyn, I asked about the Glass Butterfly...title sparked my curiosity.

Rainy and dreary here....

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Good morning.

Looks like it might be sunny, I can see blue sky at the moment, but I can see clouds rolling in.

Today is a relaxing day. There's no errands to run, no baking that needs doing... so I think I'm off to grab my book and go take a bubble bath. Kids are in school, DH is at work, house is nice and quiet.

Today is Crispin's birthday. When I went to wake him up, I said "good morning, Crispin. Time to get up" and from under the covers, I hear "you forgot to say something and I'm not moving till you do!" sigh.... crazy kid. "Happy Birthday, Crispin!" "Thanks Mom!" He's also grown 3" since his last birthday. Was quite proud to see that he's almost an inch taller than Cody was at 7.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Crispin

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISPIN!!!!!

Yikes! 3" in one year!!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Linda - that's what I thought too when I saw the difference between last years measurement and this years!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Happy Birthday Crispin!
Linda, I just started the book and I have a pretty good idea it is going to be good. Will let you know when I have read more of it.
BBL

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Krista I hope Crispin is having a great b-day! Do you have any family traditions for birthdays?

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

I need a break. If I have to look at many more photos, much less edit them, I will go screaming down the street. I need a change. HERE'S ONE

A fact you probably don't know, surely didn't want to know, and will find useless. Strippers in Williston North Dakota make $3,000 a night. Oil boomers have money and few have wives.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI

Sandra, sorry for your loss

Happy Birthday Crispin

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Happy Birthday to Crispin.

$3000 a night! Wow, I would never have guessed that much.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

Evening!

Kate...I think I need a new job!

We ended up going out to eat. Brought Kristiaan and grandpa along for the ride. I'm stuffed and I didn't even like it all that well.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Crispin had a great day - but we are seeing big signs that maybe sugar and him shouldn't go together! Wow, was he crazy wild today. And I think it was more than just because it was his birthday.

Missa - tradition's for birthdays. They get to choose what they want for supper on their birthday. Crispin choose ice cream with "The Mix" (cocoa powder, peanut butter and Rogers Golden Syrup all mixed into the ice cream) for supper, with waffles as dessert. He also opened presents from us. A puzzle book (he loves those) and a Lego Darth Vader alarm clock. We will have the family birthday party hopefully next weekend (the 19-21), my parents will be out that weekend (we are hoping).

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Dropping off a pic

October Photo Fun #4 By Mrs PaulyD

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Here's a few pictures from me.

Mini #6 - Turn it Black (and white) By KristaDee

Mini #1 - a Path By KristaDee

POD #1 - Snowflake By KristaDee

POD #2 - Crispin's Present By KristaDee

Edited by KristaDee on 10-09-12 06:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Night everyone!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

What a dinner! I hope Crispin loved it. When I was little my mom always woke us up with a donut wuth a candle in it. I think i'll have G pick her dinner too, it's a great tradition. I'm keeping the donuts too.

Kate, how does one stumble upon the stripper factoid?

Anyway I'm off to get caught up on PS 366 have a great night!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Linny, the book is really good so far. The glass butterfly in the title refers to a glass paperweight with a butterfly in the center. At least I think it does.
Off to read a bit and then sleep.
BTW, my friend who has cancer will have her second chemo in the morning. Please say a little prayer for her.
Good Night Ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Hi girlies...

What a mushy day. Parked my arse on the sofa around 3 pm and just got off a little bit ago.

Hey Kate, my niece's dh worked for the oil companies in ND...he made a lot of money and told her there was no available family housing in the area.... We checked, and he was right!!!!! Hmmm, guess they need evening entertainment!!!!! But $3,000! Almost makes me want to get back on a diet, then I look in the mirror and realize I decades toooooo late! Cancel the stripper pole!

My sister was more alert today.....spoke a bit on the phone with me!!!!! She even joked around a little. Going to see her tomorrow!

Nighty Nite!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Good morning!

I was ready for bed and Uriah started texting me last night. He is supposed to come home Thursday. He was ready last night, lol! He woke me up again at 1am textimg me. I had planned on painting my DD's kitchen (or maybe one of the 2 bathrooms) today. I think I still will and U will be fine today. He is such a homebody. I'd think after being down with my mom several times he'd be over this nonsense.

I opened the back door this morning and must have scared a hawk....he flew right up over the pool. It's quite windy and gloomy so far. Just watched the weather and it's supposed to be a sunny but cold day.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning all

It's going to be a long morning spent over my computer, must have slept funny last night, and kinked something between my shoulder blades. Sure am sore.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Awww Lori little buddy loves you. He'll be fine though. I'm painting today too. I'll share some pics eventually.

Linny I'm glad to hear good news about Camille.

Krista I hope your neck feels better soon.

Carolyn, I'm just finishing a novel called the 19th wife. It's part historical fiction part modern day murder mystery about polygamy. I feel like it ran out of steam, but i'm 400 pages in so there is no turning back now.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

A bit brisk here today and still cloudy.

Carolyn, thanks for telling me about the 'glass butterfly'. I've seen paperweights like that.

How's life in everyone's neck of the woods???

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

It is a gorgeous day here. But, a lot warmer than yesterday. Gotta love Louisiana weather. Coat in the morning, shorts in the afternoon and jacket in the evening.
Missa, I have read books like that. You get so far into it that you can stop reading it even though it is getting boring.
Linny, the paperweight is turning out to be a connecting link between at least 3 people over a span of time. I think I know the link but, won't say in case some of y'all decide to read it.
So happy! Daisy pooped outside! It doesn't take much to make me happy!
Off to eat lunch.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Afternoon!

Two more rooms to go and I'M DONE!!

Uriah is fine today. He made the mistake of telling my mom he woke me up in the middle of the night. He'll not have his iPad tonight, lol!

It turned out to be another fabulous day although a bit windy. I just turned my oven on to warm the house a bit. Might as well throw dinner in too. DH bought a lasagna so that's what's for dinner.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
What a dinner! I hope Crispin loved it. When I was little my mom always woke us up with a donut wuth a candle in it. I think i'll have G pick her dinner too, it's a great tradition. I'm keeping the donuts too.

Kate, how does one stumble upon the stripper factoid?

Anyway I'm off to get caught up on PS 366 have a great night!

MISSAlest you think me warped I will admit it was in the Minot Daily News, my husband is from Minot.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

I am officially giving myself the rest of the day off. I have been working hard and studying the last few days and I am going to veg out and read.

Later! Kate

Page 2 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics