Page 4 of 7 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Lori you are busy. U-man needs to get back to class. You'll be done with the painting by then right?

Linny, I might just try the jammie trick next time DH has a random day off.

Dyana the classes might be up my alley. Nice work with the tarantula. I thought about picking it up, but G is so rough with bugs I didn't want to set up a precedent of picking them up.

I have to get my car to the shop of course the heat goes out just as overnight temps getdown below freezing. Urg.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

jci

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Missa....tomorrow should be my last painting day unless she decides to do her bedroom. She decorated around the original orangish color because her DH said he liked it. I was up there the other day and he told me he didn't like it...I told on him, lol! He finally admitted to her he doesn't care for it now since the rest of the house has been painted more neutral colors. Both DSIL and DD will be there tomorrow. I'm glad as I need help pulling out the stove & maybe the fridge. I may get one of them rolling. Hey yes....that way someone will know what they are doing when they decide to go ahead and paint their room!!! Good plan Lori!!!

Tonight was Uriah's first real house team practice since they were divided into teams. Of course every kid got a jersey but him. I saw the coach opening the bag and plopped myself right down next to him to help him pass them out. Nothing bigger than a medium. Coach said they would get him one ordered and even asked him what # he wanted to be. All the other jerseys were already numbered sequentially. I think like 2-17. Uriah chose "his" #71. I sure hope he gets it!!

Carolyn...I thought she looked a little young for him.

I am getting up early to weigh in tomorrow...got the alarm set for 6 (stupid, stupid, stupid). Then will try to be up @ DD's by 10 at the latest. I don't want to get them up too early and I have things to do here first. I'm feeling quite lazy tonight. There are a few dishes in the sink and laundry in the dryer. Normally I would take care of them before bed. I don't feel like it so they will lay. I'm off to read...and I like it!

Nighty-O and see you in the morning!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to desilu3131

Tomorrow, I'm off to a photo shoot with some mini horses, and my friend and her kids. Should be fun. Will be fun to try out the new tripod.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Lori said: "Carolyn...I thought she looked a little young for him."

lol, not too much but yeah, a little bit. He is a year younger than me. I think maybe a year. Leslie, the girl with him is in her early 30's I think and happily married with a little boy. Couldn't help but laugh at your post, tho.

I have to get up at 5:00 to be ready to leave for Lafayette when they come to pick me up at 6:15. I went ahead and took a bath and washed my hair so I don't have to deal with that. I need to get off and dry it otherwise it will stick out every which way.
Good Night Ladies! Hope to get some good photo opts while I am out! Don't have fun w/o me!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Hi! Just passing through on my way to play words for a bit. Wanted to let you know Camille was transferred to another hospital today that specializes in rehab for brain injuries. bil said she was more alert and settled into her new room okay.

Carolyn and Krista, look forward to seeing the pics you take tomorrow!!!!!

Lori, wishing you a good weigh in!!!!

Both of my sons are on a 'get healthy' kick. Gym and eating healthy. They both have lost around 30 lbs so far! Me, I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs! If I just kept losing that 5 lbs, I'd be way below my goal!!!!!!! I'm such an emotional eater! Still working on that one!

Sweet dreams....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning!

Linda...glad Camille made the transfer nicely. Is the new place close to you? Bravo to both your boys....I have a treadmill I ignore everyday. Not sure why because it's a nice one. I stayed the same this week and that is OK with me.

Carolyn...enjoy your day out and about!

Krista...can't wait to see those little ponies again!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

Lori, the new hospital is at least an hour and half....with rush hour traffic, possibly 2 hour drive. This is going to be a problem. dh wakes up at 4:30 each morning and does a 12 hour shift of driving in Manhattan. To come home and be on the road for 4 hours round trip is really pushing it.....might have to change our visiting schedule to just on the weekend. That saddens me....I wish I drove

Beautiful day here in my neck of the woods. How's it by you???

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Good morning everyone.

Linny I am glad Camille has been moved to a specialty facility. I hope the food is good for your BIL's sake.

Lori, I hope the bedroom stays, but if not at least it's only one more room.

Krista have fun today at the shoot.

I got my car to the shop last night now my fingers are crossed it gets repaired quickly.

Have a great day everyone!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
Kate have you heard anything about Erin? Also is rapid head growth something that happens frequently to little ones?

So today I start trying to put my hyperbusy type-A personality aside and relax some. I am always busy and on the go, but it's becoming a problem out here in the middle of the rez. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I actually added the item relax to my daily (and weekly)to-do list, this is going to be a challenge for me.

Have a wonderful day everyone, I'm off for a cup of coffee.

MISSA Thanks for asking, no word yet on all Erin's problems. My own thinking is her diet. She is a junk food junkie and I am hoping one of her doctors will talk about FOOD and it effect. We should know more the end of this week.

I don't know about the large head thing. It is obvious enough that her doctor has been watching it since birth. It also has a little bulge on one side but all it well. Maybe she will grow into it and it will stop growing. No one in the family has had this before.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to erjaan

Hi girlies!

Missa, the hospital Camille was in for the past 25 days had an 'au bon pain' restaurant, besides the regular cafeteria. Another couple of weeks of their bakery and no one's jeans would fit!!!!!

Kate, one of my nephews had a large head since birth and, yes, he actually did grow into it. He's now about 17 and he looks perfect!!!! Hope Erin's problem is a quick fix!

later....oy, laundry nite and haven't been there is awhile!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to Linnny

Hey ladies.

So much for calmer this month. I am tired of this pattern.

Going back to comment on photos and hopefully post a couple of mine.

HUGS all!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Greenacres

Back from Camera Club. I am AMAZED at all the countries I get to go to each week as some of the men in my group have been to about every country in the world. Today lots of Iceland and Norway. WOW, I gotta win the lottery so I can go.

LADIES DO NOT FEAR TARANTULAS People here pick them up all the time. I'd take one of them in my house over a wolf spider or brown recluse anytime.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Kate funny you should mention wolf spiders. I had the opportunity to catch and release one yesterday. He was fast and scary, but I caught him in a cup and took him out to the brush pile well behind the house. Yikes! AND for a total kick in the pants there was a huge diamondback caught on the compound last week. They don't typically dwell here so we are hoping he was just an escapee. This place is so much wilder than The Valley yikes!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Hi everyone!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Hey all.

Just managed to get on... guess what? I have no photos from today - put the card into my friends camera, we started uploading and when it was done, we deleted what was on the card... so I don't have any! That's ok, I didn't want 400 more photos of those horses, but I forgot that I wanted some to share here. So I will snag some from her facebook page later.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JFF...

week 41 By Desilu3131

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
  • erjaan Said:
  • MissaOnTheRun Said:

Kate, how does one stumble upon the stripper factoid?

Anyway I'm off to get caught up on PS 366 have a great night!

MISSAlest you think me warped I will admit it was in the Minot Daily News, my husband is from Minot.

Ummm.... maybe we could just aim for me not thinking you to be any more warped?

You gals crack me up!!!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

I just typed a post and then hit contol and something by accident and it closed my browser. Ugh.

Quick question: Canon or Nikon? Why?

I am ditching Olympus since they ditched me (only make one pro DSLR now).

Enjoy your fall weather! Hoping the snow stays away a bit longer here!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

JCI
I had a great time all day y'day but, came home dead tired! Think I got some great pictures though! I have another busy day to day so I will have to catch up on chat later.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Good afternoon everyone.

Took Uriah to my dads early. Been out shopping. I picked up some biotin for my hair. Anyone else use it? I also picked up my sister's (dad's DD) cat. She's moving. My mom is going to take it but not till after Monday so I'm stuck with it. Right now she is hiding under the stove skeered! She has been mostly left alone in a dark apartment so I suspect it'll take her a spell to loosen up.

I had one mouse trap set and thought I'd better snap it before she got caught in it.

Sher...I'm a Canon girl. I have always chose that brand. I've used Nikon a time or two but they seem backwards to me. The Canon is comfortable in my hand.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI.

Lori, I'm a Canon girl too!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

I have a Canon as well.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to KristaDee

Back from town. Left the sick kids home with my almost-15yo. Boy that makes shopping easier. I even got to look at the cameras at Costco. Of course the one I really liked (Canon 7D) was the most expensive. Not only does it come with a lens though, it has a separate flash included. I will have to see if it is the "good" flash. I was considering buying a used 50D. Costco had the 60D (the newest version of the 50) but it seemed kinda light. And I don't know if I like the fold-out screen. I will need to keep it cheaper anyway. Dh said I would need to sell the old cam if I got a new one. Must think on this.

I still haven't got my photos added here. The power went out yesterday when I was going to do it. Then I never came back to the comp.

Hope you gals have a great evening. I am off to Awana with one child in tow. Hopefully they all feel better tomorrow.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI.

Sher.....I don't like the fold out screen either...just doesn't appeal to me. I have the 7D and love it although mine didn't come with a separate flash. The downfall is it is heavy. Way more heavy than the Rebel I have.

Ladies....Uriah is requesting me to watch a movie so I'll be off for the evening. Have a great one!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

JCI

As you know Vincent passed away. His last wish was to be donated to medical science and they refused him said he was too young, they want old people, and they said he was too damaged. I'm so angry and very frustrated that you have to be in pristine condition to be donated to medical science. Vincent had two very rare medical conditions, so you'd think they would want to study him, but no!! I'm so sorry for venting I'll put my soap box away now!

KRISTA - Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Here in America as I'm sure you know they have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving, do they do anything like that in Canada?
You're a special lady to invite your friend and her family for a spur of the moment meal.
Looks like Crispin's birthday was a great success.
Is Crispin still liking his alarm clock?
Belated birthday wishes to you, and were you treated like a Queen?
Have you heard anything about your MRI?

MISSA - I would love to know the name of the green paint if it's not too much of a bother.
Glad you're liking your new neighbourhood.
My girls got the choice of going out to eat at a nice place and bring one friend, or having a bunch of girls over for a sleepover, with pizza, movies, snacks and no curfew for bed.
Has G. named her new pet? The tarantula!! lol
Diamondback, are you sure you don't live in Texas?

CAROLYN - How is Daisy doing with her potty training?
I'm in my early 40's and I've become a bit of a prude. Some things are just taken too far!
How is your friend doing with her chemo treatments?
How was the training, do you think it will help you in any way?
Did you behave yourself in Nachitoches? lol

LORI - Did you make the Pumpkin Dump Cake that's done in the crock pot?
Congratulations for the book win.
I do so miss Shake 'n' Steak wish we had one here.
My Dad is a big fan of Tom and Jerry. We tease him and say he has a master's degree in Tom and Jerry.

LINNNY - How is Camille doing?
The photo of Rasputin's eyes is the one I'm thinking has you freaked is the reason why I have him. He wasn't adopted because of those eyes. People said his eyes were evil, and so I played on that when I named him. Rasputin the Mad Russian Monk with the hypnotizing EYES. He's nothing but a big cuddle, wuddle, snuggle buddy!!
I'll be thinking of you on Nov. 2nd. It will all come to pass and you will be good as new!!

DYANA - The videos are so cute. LOL. Now imagine a Great Dane talking in his sleep that's what I have to contend with. LOL.

KATE - Great, great news about Ms. Sophia, YAY!! Hoping Erin's results will be in her favour.
My oldest DD is a junk food addict and it makes me so mad as I never brought my kiddos up to eat tht sort of food. I swear that one day Jaque is going to wake up one morning and be a hamburger wrapped in a McDonalds wrapper.

I'm ACU2H now I just need to get some photos posted and I'll really be all caught up. Going to the Pumpkin Patch tomorrow so I should get some photos there.

BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to sasload4

"KRISTA - Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Here in America as I'm sure you know they have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving, do they do anything like that in Canada?
You're a special lady to invite your friend and her family for a spur of the moment meal.
Looks like Crispin's birthday was a great success.
Is Crispin still liking his alarm clock?
Belated birthday wishes to you, and were you treated like a Queen?
Have you heard anything about your MRI?"

We don't do sales after Thanksgiving. Just on Boxing day. Crispin still loves his alarm clock, he sleeps with it - which defeats the purpose of getting out of bed to shut it off! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Wasn't treated any different, still had to make lunch and supper. My MRI follow-up is set for November 20th. So I will have a wait.

We've had rain for 24 hours... we know now how badly the roof leaks... not good.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

Sandra...haven't make the dump cake yet.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Oct. 2012 POD #8 and Mini #2 Flame By 2xblessed

Oct. 2012 POD #9 By 2xblessed

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

JFF By 2xblessed

JFF By 2xblessed

JFF By 2xblessed

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

MMS

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning girlies!

I just type a long post and poof, it was gone!

Soooooo, if I recall what I just wrote!!!!! Forget who asked, but I love my Canon...it's a point and shoot, but you can also change the settings if one wants to....I choose not to allow my brain to work overtime, so I haven't a clue how to do it!!!! I'm happy with just pointing and shooting

Sandra, happy to see you back with us. Sorry his last wishes could not be fulfilled!!!!

Camille is finally showing amazing progress....we can see 'our' Camille coming back.....she made me cry on the phone yesterday. Felt like I was finally talking to my sister!!! Can't wait to see her on Saturday. I picked up a couple of turbans for her so she can get rid of that silly operating cap they have on her head.

Have a lovely day!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Linda - so glad to hear that your sister is making improvements. That's wonderful news.

Still sort of raining here, but at least it's not coming into the house at the moment.

My parents are on their way - they will be here some time this evening. Doing the happy dance!

I'm feeling a little jittery this morning... had coffee at prayer meeting this morning... 4 large mugs full.... on an empty tummy.... hopefully, I can convert the jitters into energy and get the house cleaned and laundry done before the parents show up.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Linny, glad Camille is doing so well.
Sandra, it makes no sense that the medical school would not take Vinny's body. I would think it would be perfect for studying the effects on a body from the problems he had.
Krista, if I had that much coffee at one time someone would be peeling me off of the ceiling.
Still working on what I need to download to set up the website for church. It's a lot more complicated than I thought. But, the guy was terrific. Glad I am not the only one working on it, though. We are going to meet at Bro. Marvin's house after morning worship to actually set it up. I will let y'all know when it's up and running so you can check it out if you like.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Afternoon.

Linda...glad to hear Camille is doing better. Did you get some sweet girly turban colors?

Waiting on time to get Uriah's hair cut. Might have mine trimmed too.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Linny I am so happy to hear Camille is improving! I'm sure she'll apprecaite the turbans. How far from you is she now?

I'll be bac klater to get caught up. I'm off the walk the dog before picking up G.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

MMS

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Oct. 2012 POD #10 and Mini #1 By 2xblessed

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Oct. 2012 POD Mini#6 A) Turn b/w color version By 2xblessed

Oct. 2012 POD Mini #6 Turn It B/W B) Black and White By 2xblessed

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

I did all of the minis before the very last miniute and actually got extra shots over the 10! Been months since I actually finished a POD challenge!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Way to go Carolyn!

I just fixed a pot of beans & fed DFIL too. OK, so I cheated and used jar beans. It was still good. I also made cornbread muffins.....some with weenies in them. Tasted like little corn dogs.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• Greenacres Said:
I just typed a post and then hit contol and something by accident and it closed my browser. Ugh.

SHERRi I vote cannon. I belong to a camera group of 700 members, many pros and 90 percent of the them use Cannon only. BUT a new player has come on the scene that is grabbing all those who are tired of changing lens and want a quality "all-in-one" (NOT a point and shoot) It is Lumix and has a lens with a 48x that is steady as a rock even if you aren't. I am saving my pennies. BUT is you are looking PRO......Cannon.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

LINNNY So glad to hear about Camille!!! Hip Hip Hooray!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to erjaan

house is "clean" (boys helped - I just sit on my hands and try hard not to do it over), supper ate, laundry almost done, and hopefully soon, parents are here. Crispin just ran down the stairs "they're here, they're here!" and I hear Cody laughing like crazy... "tricked you, I tricked you!" Hopefully really soon.....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista....that sounds like Uriah...always trying to be tricky!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Movie night for us again...per Uriah. I'm darn near done with my book...will finish tonight.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Finished my book while watching Disney's Robin Hood.

Need to cut a couple paychecks for employees yet tonight then I'm turning in. Taking U to see a movie tomorrow then hockey practice tomorrow night.

Krista...enjoy the parents.

Have a good evening!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Krista I hope your parents have made it by now.

Carolyn nice work. I'm hoping to get my photos done too.

Lori I hope you have a great night. I just picked up Little Bee it's a good book so far. What's next for you?

Good night everyone.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Carolyn how was the training do you feel ready to create the website?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Parents showed up 2 hours ago. Just went to bed. Looking forward to tomorrow. The Thanksgiving turkey is thawing in the sink.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

I realized after reading comments about my sunrise that I gave the impression that I shot at 5 A.M. Actually, it was shot at more like 6:30. But, I had to get up at 5 in order to be ready when they got here to pick me up.
Yes, their church is HUGE!!! It seats 2000 - 3000 whereas ours will comfortably hold 150. Their average attendance on Sunday morning with 2 services is around 1500 - 2000. Right now we average around 45 with 1 service.
Missa, I am glad I don't have to set the site up alone. I am still scratching my head. I am more of a "hands on" learner and this guy showed us what to do and gave pointers. Been so long since I have actually taken notes that my brain refused to keep up. Thankfully, the other 2 seemed to know what was what. Guess we will see Sunday when we meet to actually set it up.
Lori, you finished the book you won? What did you think? Don't forget to update your status with it and leave a review.
Think I will check out a couple of things and go read on mine.
The color/b&w photos were taken from the edge of my carport. I don't know if it is the security light giving off "rays" or what. Kinda makes me nervous thinking about what it is emitting.
Good Night Ladies!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Good Morning!
Woke to a drastic change in temps. Didn't realize just how much until I took Daisy out. Waiting now for the house to warm up a little so I can take a bath. Hope it will motivate me to clean!
BBL

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

HeeHee! I keep answering my own posts!
Lori, do you know when the giveaway for Puppet Parade ends? I want to enter and I can't find it! :/

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Afternoon.

Uriah and I hit an early movie....Hotel Transylvania. It was cute.

Carolyn...I think I entered for that one too. I wish there was some way to see all the books you have entered to win. I looked around for it but didn't see it either.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Lori, the giveaway for Puppet Parade has expired. You didn't win.
You can check on the giveaways you have entered. Let me look and I will tell you how.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Ok! Lori, 1)Click on "explore" 2) click on "giveaways" 3) drop down box, click on "giveaways you've entered" 4)that will take you to the ones you have entered and from there you can arrange them to see which ones you have won and can put them in the order of when they expire.
Does that make sense?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Thanks Carolyn!

We are off to hockey practice....see you this evening!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

YW! Have a good evening!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

I have to take several different medications for internal spasms. I got my refill prescriptions on Tuesday and when I went to the drug store they informed me that there is a serious shortage of one of the meds and they can`t get more until Feb at the soonest. They recommended I call all the pharmacies to see if any of them had some left. None in town did so I phoned local cities. I found a place over an hour away that could partially fill it so I drive there only to be told that it had expired. The only good part was a few photos I took along the way.

POD#5 - Lone Tree By Lenethren

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

Dyana, do you think it would help to contact the pharmaceutical company that manufacturers the drug? They might could send you some directly if your doctor would order it directly. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask them. Feb. is a long time to wait on a drug if your body is used to taking it daily! Good Luck!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Dyana...yikes! I'd definitely contact your Dr too. Is there nothing else that can be substituted?

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Hi all, hope everyone is doing good. Its been pretty busy at work for a while now, so I'm missing out on a lot of the chat going on.

Dropping off a pic
October Photo Fun #5 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Goodnight everyone.

Early morning for me tomorrow. Must be at the rink by 7 for house practice.

Have a great evening!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI one last time. I knitted for a bit while in bed watching Dateline (I think).

Carolyn....yes, finished the book I won. I enjoyed it.

Night for real this time. See you all when I get home after hockey tomorrow.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Morning!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

G'morning!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

Good Morning! Another gorgeous day in Ft. Jesup! My Daddy would have loved this day. He would have been sitting out in the yard either in a lawn chair or squatted against a tree. I miss him so much. He would be 96 this coming Tuesday. Hard to imagine him at that age. He died Marc 10, 1986.
Ok! I need to get up and get busy!
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Evening.

Took Uriah to The Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch. Came home and I've been snoozing ever since. I feel terrible. Sore throat, lower back ache, runny nose...blah, blah. DH is making cupcakes. Think I'll hang around till they are done and have one. Then back to bed I suppose.

Carolyn...my great grandma (the one my house belonged to) lived to 96 I believe. She had her full mind too.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI
Take something for that crud you have and "wash" it down with a cupcake! Wish I had one or two myself!
Think I am going to heat up some Taco Soup and veg out.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

I did have a yummy cupcake (no icing of course) and I do believe I'll wash it down with some Nyquil (nasty)!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Hi ladies! so busy lately I am meeting myself in the doorway! I was sure I could finish my photos today. Nope. Maybe tomorrow.l

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

I felt that way this past week! I will go for weeks doing nothing and then it all happens at once.
Nyquil does wicked things to my breathing. Hope it helps you, Lori!
Think I am going to go and eat crackers and dip. I bought the dip to make biscuits with and ran out of milk before that happened.
Got the munchies. Daisy is in "Doggy Jail" for not pottying outside. She is really beginning to frustrate me.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Night everyone!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Seems like you are all keeping out of trouble without me around. LOL Having a blast with my Mom and Dad. This morning, Crispin had KidZone (run by the local Bible Camp - singing, games, snack, Bible Lesson...) so Mom and I dropped him off, and then headed to an antique store that I hadn't ever been in... sure had fun. There was a plastic grocery bag lying on one of the antique tables, so Mom and I snooped. Inside was an antique dress... it must have been gorgeous when it was new (it is in very poor shape). So once we got home, I googled "walking dress" (That's what we thought it must be). Saw some dresses online that were very similar in style and design... they were all dated late 1870's. So we have a pretty good feeling that the dress we handled today was almost 135-140 years old. Now we want to go back and look again...

Mom and Dad leave tomorrow after lunch. It's a short trip, but we will see them again at the end of November when they come through on their way home. They stopped here on their way to Ontario to visit Mom's family and their friends.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-th e-collect...

This link takes you to a dress that looks very similar in colour, style and detailing.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

Krista....all that's missing from that dress is an umbrella and a fancy dressed dude's duds next to it! Beautiful period clothing!

We are off to our first real travel games today. Playing the team we played for the last two seasons. Should be a fun day!

BBL!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Afternoon all.

Dropping off a pic

October photo fun #6 By Mrs PaulyD

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Carolyn the company that makes the drug has been plagued by problems hence the shortage. It has been decided that what little of the drug can be produced will be given to hospitals only until the company gets back on its feet. There is no drug I can take as a substitute so I will have to make the best of it I guess.

Another from that road trip...

POD#6 - Orchards in Autumn By Lenethren

Finnegan turned two!

POD#7 - Finnegan`s new friend By Lenethren

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

Afternoon everyone!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Tis the season.....

mini #1 a path By Desilu3131

mini #2 flame By Desilu3131

October #2 By Desilu3131

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Too big to be ignored By Erjaan

Ugly but......

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

GOODNESS, what was I thinking? I filled the next 11 days totally!!! I am too old for 11 days of meetings and outings and clubs......I'll be walking into walls!! (but I will be smiling)

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
  • Greenacres Said:

SHERRi I vote cannon. I belong to a camera group of 700 members, many pros and 90 percent of the them use Cannon only. BUT a new player has come on the scene that is grabbing all those who are tired of changing lens and want a quality "all-in-one" (NOT a point and shoot) It is Lumix and has a lens with a 48x that is steady as a rock even if you aren't. I am saving my pennies. BUT is you are looking PRO......Cannon.

Thanks Kate! Are you still using the E-520? I think the Lumix might be one of those mirror-less cameras. Similar to the Oly PEN system maybe. They are supposed to be cool but I want to stick to the DSLR. Thanks for the input!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Mini #8 A Treat By Erjaan

I'M NOT MAKING THEM AGAIN! (well not for a few days)

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey ladies. It was snowing off and on earlier. Of course we were out there still working on the goat barn.

Dh bought me the Canon T3i at Costco yesterday. I am super happy with it and it so out performs my E-420 with how it handles low light.

I am selling my old setup. First I will try locally and then maybe eBay. Guess I should dust the nooks and crannies on it and find all the cords!

Hope you all had a good weekend. We're off hunting tomorrow since it is dh's day off. I'll be shooting with the camera only lol.

Off to finish commenting!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• Greenacres Said:
  • erjaan Said:
  • Greenacres Said:

Thanks Kate! Are you still using the E-520? I think the Lumix might be one of those mirror-less cameras. Similar to the Oly PEN system maybe. They are supposed to be cool but I want to stick to the DSLR. Thanks for the input!

Yes I am but Can't afford a new DSLR so thinking of adding the Lumix as my "point and shoot" as my Casio is dying. I love the joy those that have it exhibit. (can't remember the whole model numbers but it has 48x on the zoom and is over $500 so it will be a long wait for me)

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Sher....I think that is the camera Krista has now.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-th e-collect...

This link takes you to a dress that looks very similar in colour, style and detailing.

That is so cool Krista!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

I know what you mean Kate!

Lori, I think you are right. The difference between the 60D and the T3i just wasn't enough for me to pay $500 more. Plus, I got 2 lenses in the bundle instead of just one. Now to get the 50mm prime I never could afford with my old setup. So many more lenses to choose from with Canon at different price points.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

But why in the world did Canon not supply a hotshoe cover??? They don't even have one on their website. Do you gals worry about it? I see some aftermarket ones. I do plan to get an external flash and I don't want that area of the camera to get damaged.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Sher...honestly I had to google what that was. Never noticed that was exposed on my camera. I suppose I never worried about it because I didn't know there was a cover. My camera is either in my hand on in the bag so no, I'm not worried.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

I am thinking about those times I am outside and it is snowing and such. Thanks for the input Lori. My Oly has one that will work to cover it but I read that a cover will keep the flash from automatically popping up or, if you want to use flash, it won't pop up with the button. I tried it and it is true.

Maybe it is not a big deal.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Mini #6 turn it black and white By Erjaan

Mini #6 Turn it black and white By Erjaan

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

HIP HIP HOORAY my Mini photos are done done done. Now I am all ready for November.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to erjaan

Yep, I have the T3i. Love it. It's my first DSLR. Hotshoe - that's what a bigger flash would attach to? Never has been a problem - same as Lori - I'm either holding it or it's in the bag.

Parents got away at 1 this afternoon. Sure hope they have a fun and safe trip.

Page 4 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics