Page 5 of 7 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

JCI
It has been a very long day. Good, but long! I left here around 9:15 this morning and did not get home until after 7 tonight. Met at the parsonage to attempt to set up the website on the church's computer. The girl who is actually doing the setup worked for over 3 hours and kept getting stuck. She started getting a migraine, so we told her to stop and we could finish it later. No good if she gets sick over it.
Anyhoo, I am going to call it a day.
Goodnight Ladies!
NTS: Start w/Heather on page 13.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Carolyn...sometimes progress takes longer than we'd like it too!

I'm feeling better but my back is still giving me a fit!

Trying to rouse U out of bed for school...two weeks off...he does not want to go back, lol!

Uriah was thrilled to play his old team. It really was a good day. DH and I sat with our old buds in the stands. It wasn't weird in the least and we were able to get a lot of "why we left" questions answered. We smoked them in both games. I can't lie, that's what I was hoping for and knew would happen. Uriah talked with several of his friends on the ice and in between games. We are with a fantastic coach this year and he is really teaching the kids. He's not about the win but about skills to win....smart guy! Uriah as far as I can tell will not be the big goal scorer of this team but he is a force. We have a two really good players that are small, quick, and can skate. Uriah is a power skater/shooter. When he gets the puck he can shoot from nearly center ice and put that puppy in. Oh...his uniform does look black in my pics. Actually, it is a really dark blue with gold white and a tad of silver. They look nice!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to desilu3131

Hello everyone!

Dyana, is this med you take from the compounding pharmacy out east? I'm really sorry you have to go without your meds. It's really quite awful.

Krista I am glad to hear you had a great weekend with your parents. DI dyou make it back to see the dress? The one you linked to is gorgeous.

Lori, Sounds like a good thing that U-man had a chance to play his old team, and I'm glad you all won.

Carolyn sorry about the puppy problems. It must be frsutrating. I'm sure you all will get the website rolling too.

This weekend my neighbor and I made a 13 dish Indian Dinner for 72 people (and 10 take out) for a benefit for the White Moutain Youth Corps. We cooked 5 hours on Friday and another 10 on Saturday. My neighbor is Indian and cooks incredibly well. I had a Pakistani roommate as an undergrad ans she taught me how to cook most of the dishes we prepared. We had a few people help with chopping but it seemed like we were "in the weeds" all day. Once everyone was eating we let out a hugh sigh of relief and had fun with the guests. It was a really lovely evening I am so glad I was able to help out.

So today, I'm taking it easy.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa...I can't imagine cooking for that many people let alone the prep time! Glad it was a success!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

I continue to celebrate my sister's recovery!!! And continue to praise God!

Carolyn, sorry Daisy continues to frustrate! She is so adorable....must be difficult giving her a time out!

Lori, yay for U-Man and his team!

Missa, cooking for 72+ people!!!!! Kudos to you and the rest of the cooks! That's quite a crowd to feed!

Dragging today....didn't sleep well last night. My aunt passed away. She was 96 and died peacefully, painfree, and in her sleep. The wake was last night. There were poster boards of pics through the years....she was beautiful!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Missa - that's a lot of food to prepare. We didn't get back to see the dress. I may go back this weekend to see if it is still around or not.

Linda - so glad to hear your Sister is recovering. That's great news. Sorry for the loss of your Aunt.

We had Crispin's family party yesterday with Jeff's side of the family. He was pretty excited to get three new books from his Aunt and Uncle. The bike helmet, Lightening McQueen ziploc baggies, and new sweater were appreciated as well, but those books... he was up by 6:30/6:45ish reading... then took the book to the bathroom to read, and then was reading when he should have been getting dressed.... pretty funny.

I got a aeropress coffee "thingie" (not sure of the technical term - although I think aeropress is what it is as well as the brand). You put it over your mug, add grounds, slowly add your boiling water, and then slowly plunge the coffee into your mug. (single serving) I love it. Used it this morning. Also got $ for what ever I wanted, and got a new hoodie. Will post pictures later.

Well, guess I should get back to work.... an hour left and then I can be done.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

ACU
Missa, the mere thought of cooking for so many people makes me nervous!
Linny, sorry for your loss. But, your aunt died the way we all would like to die, in her sleep.
Krista, sounds like both you and Crispin made out good. Love to hear of a kid liking to read, especially a little boy!
Lori, glad Uriah enjoyed playing against his old team. It sounds like his new coach is a smart man!
So tired today. Last week and y'day have caught up with me. Not to mention that I woke up with a Sinus headache.
Need to get off and accomplish something today.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI.

We are off to hockey. First though going to try to get some pics of Uriah in the woods. BBL tonight.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey ladies!

Went hunting and got nothing. I got some sunrise shots though.

Missa, that sounds like some delicious food! A lot of work to feed that many people. Definitely get a little (or big!) break in!

Lori...you'll have to get another shot of Uriah's uniform closer-up. I liked the contrast of the colors, no matter what they are!

Krista, yay for birthday money goodies! The coffee thing sounds like a great idea. Thanks for your input too, on the hotshoe cover. Canon's must be durable if they don't feel the need to include a cover.

Linda, sorry to hear about your aunt. HUGS.

Well, I must go help dh with the goat barn since I am done cleaning my old camera up to sell. I listed it with the homeschool group as a great learning camera lol.

Later gaters!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Greenacres

Linny I am really sorry to hear about your aunt.

Sherry I am glad you love your new camera, I might have to check that model out too. I am certainly going to be getting my new camera at costco too. Have fun in the barn.

Krista I love a French press enjoy the coffee. Did this one come with a small container to carry grounds in? Just curious, my husband would love a mug size press.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Missa - nope, it didn't come with a container.

http://www.aeropress.ca/ This is what I got.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

JCI

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

BECAUSE YOU ASKED:What are Ice Box cookies?" They are the way cookies were made over 100 years ago if the recipe contained a lot of butter. The dough is too sticky to form into cookies unless it is chilled at least four hours in long rolls, then sliced and baked making a crispy cookie. I guess mine are butter cookies with lots of cinnamon and brown sugar. NOT for dieters.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

MISSAI was thinking just the other day that it has been years since I did an ethnic think with lot of people. I love to do that now and then. But here NO ONE would have room for 72! Guess I will leave that fun for just memories.

Carolyndon't give up on Daisy. Jack Russells love to test your leadership. she will come around.

KRISTA a little French Press? What a cool idea.

Can't believe only a week left of October.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

Kate, I am hanging in there with Daisy. After sitting outside with her for almost 2 hours, she finally pooped. Guess my friend from church was right when he said that I was just going to have to resort to staying outside with her all day if I have to to get her to poop outside since punishment does not seem to work. She is so stubborn! And when she is outside she is too busy exploring to do her business.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

Linny sorry for your loss.

Missa the company Sandoz makes the injectable drugs that I use. They have had many problems including a mistake that put the wrong drug in certain vials resulting in near death at a hospital earlier this year. The FDA has slowed their manufacturing due to other problems as well. I totally understand but am frustrated at what it means. Most people can take a substitute for this drug but I am one of a very few that can't. Nothing I can do though but wait.

Lori glad Uriahs team won.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Heather4859

Dyana, I have similar issues with some of my drugs. My insurance rejects certain drugs I need to live a "normal" life unless my doc jumps through hoops every time I need a new Rx. You would think they would get the message after a year or 2 of the same fight.
I hope you will be "ok" until you can get the meds you need.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Evening all.

Linda....Sorry for the loss of your aunt.

Dyana...I certainly hope you won't have to be without your RX for long. How is the bird doing?

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

JCI

LINNNY - Sorry for the loss of your aunt. So happy that Camille is recovering at a steady pace!

BBL with love and hopefully some pics.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to sasload4

Good Morning
Daisy woke me up walking on my face, again. I have put her in her room for a bit and am heading back to bed. Sinus headache still.
BBL

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Oh Carolyn, whatever are you gonna do to get Daisy to behave....I know there is a sweet, good behaving pooch in there...now to get her to come out!!!!!! Hope your sinus' get better...

Beautiful day here! Need to figure out why the weather is not showing up on the side panel on my screen!.....nah, it will take me all day and it still won't show up. easier to put my head out the window!!!!!

Have a happy day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning everyone!

Oh boy did we just get hit with a good thunder boomer. Knocked my computer out. DFIL was standing in the kitchen doorway and heard a big boom...he jumped and I saw sparks fly out of one of my switches. The switch happened to be attached to my furnace....haven't checked so hope all is well.

Still fooling with my aching back and cough. I'm getting a bit tired of this nonsense!

Weighed in early today and left content. Down just a tad.

I think the temp is supposed to hit almost 80 today...crazy!

Finishing up working on pics from yesterday.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

October #3 By Desilu3131

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

rainy dreary day here again. Good day to make soup. And do laundry.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to KristaDee

Hey all!

Snow here. We were scrambling last night. And I even found the snow shovel.

Have any of you successfully sold something on Craig's List? I've gotten 2 weird emails about my car. I thought about putting the old camera on there but decided to list it in our local paper. I did get one inquiry from the homeschool list on it though. She wanted me to come down a lot. No way. I am already under half for all items! I had inquired on Craig's list about a used camera before I got my new one and that person never emailed me back. So I wonder if they got it or if they just didn't bother to tell me it already was sold or something. I think I will stay off of Craig's List lol.

Krista, laundry here too.

Lori, I hope your furnace wasn't damaged!

Have a great day all. I need to see if I can get some photos uploaded!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI
Lori, ever since I had a computer fried because of high winds, I am paranoid! I unplug it if it stays cloudy for any length of time. Hope your furnace is ok. Not a good time to be w/o one where you live. How about your computer? Is it a "goner"? Congrats on losing a little. It all counts!
BBL

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to 2xblessed

My last three with the old Olympus:

Mini: Orange By Greenacres

Mini: A Path By Greenacres

10/12 By Greenacres

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

And here are a couple with the Canon:

Mini: It's Time For... By Greenacres

This is the comparison shot from a few months ago: Mini: Out of the Box By Greenacres

And one last mini for now:

Mini: Turn it Black (& White) By Greenacres

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Cleaning up the old point and shoot's memory cards and found the kids' photos:

JFF--Kids' Year in Photos By Greenacres

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Hi everyone,

Lori I hope all is well with the furnace. I have been told that we have big problem up her with the power because of the really strong winds.

Sherry I have used craigslist a lot. I found in Detroit if people called about something they usually came through to buy it, but in Scottsdale it was much more hit or miss. I bought in both places too and the Detroit people just did a better job of making the sale work It might just be a regional thing.

I'm going to try to get a few photos edited before it's time to pick up Molly Monster from school.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

I wondered if some regions were flakier lol. Thanks for the input Missa! Molly Monster--cute nickname!

Mini: Incognito By Greenacres

Mini: A Treat By Greenacres

10/22 By Greenacres

10/23 By Greenacres

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Here are a few photos from me.

Ocotober mini I get my kicks By MissaOnTheRun

October Mini a Path By MissaOnTheRun

October Mini incognito. By MissaOnTheRun

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Soup simmering away on the stove - sure smells good in here. I love soup on wet days... (even if it's wet inside too!) Hopefully soon we can get to the roof to see where the rain is getting in - if it's flashing that needs fixing or if it's the shingles themselves.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Hi all!

Been without power for a bit...we had 3 surges before it went out.

Computer is fine. My thermostat states it's 91 inside the house...not true. Went outside and the AC unit was running and covered in ice. Never heard it inside. The furnace is not kicking on, just the fan. Looks like trouble to me! I can bundle up but NOT be without my baby (Mac), lol! Not sure what DH is going to do.

I've been letting the dog back in the main part of the house. Kristiaan was house sitting for a few weeks and I felt bad for Stella. She is blocked off at the utility room where it meets the kitchen. Tonight I kicked her back out to her part of the house. She is a great dog but she sheds something awful! I hate it when I can't sit in my chair or love seat due to dog hair. I really wanted to rest my back last night in one of them. My computer chair is comfortable usually but at this point I can't sit very long in it. I pulled out the sweeper and swept up tumbleweeds and vacuumed the furniture. She's eyeing me through the gate so I refuse to look that way, lol!

I sure miss my yorkie's...no shedding.

I have lots to catch up on I see....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Finally ACU

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night! Can't sit any longer, guess I'll lay down & read.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• Greenacres Said:
Hey all!

Have any of you successfully sold something on Craig's List? I've gotten 2 weird emails about my car. I thought about putting the old camera on there but decided to list it in our local paper. I did get one inquiry from the homeschool list on it though. She wanted me to come down a lot. No way. I am already under half for all items! I had inquired on Craig's list about a used camera before I got my new one and that person never emailed me back. So I wonder if they got it or if they just didn't bother to tell me it already was sold or something. I think I will stay off of Craig's List lol.

SHERRYI have heard of so man scams and thefts through Craigs List lately.BE CAREFUL and never give your address.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to erjaan

Our friends who have been trying to come out now 2x, aren't able to make it this weekend... He got laid off, and she's not working, so money is very tight.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

ACU
Kristi, I am sorry your friends can't come see you. I have one friend I haven't seen for way too many years. I miss her!
Lori, hope your back feels better fast.
About ready to turn in and finish my book.
Good Night Ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Getting ready to hit the hay. Finally took some pics today....the stroll to the bus stop and back gave me some beautiful autumn colors and not so autumn-like colors. Oh, and one shot of Manhattan's skyline....

Hey Lori, how's your back feeling ???

POD 1 By Linnny

POD 2 By Linnny

POD 3 By Linnny

POD 4 By Linnny

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Good morning all.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

DH and I had our free breakfast at Chick-fil-a this morning.

Workers are all over the street in front of the house doing their marking. We are about to have a neighborhood improvement. New gas lines and city water. I so can't wait for the water to come through.

Linda...if I could throw my back right out the back door I'd do it today! Still coughing so that doesn't help things. I am feeling some better though.

I finished up 3 hats yesterday. I have enough yarn to make another and rid my stash of it. I plan on donating 2 of the hats. I am also starting on another monster like I made my DD. This time I'm making a girl from the same pattern. Already have a leg done. This project I will work on while waiting on Uriah to get out of school since it's small. I hope to have her done in a couple of weeks.

I think I'm going to attempt to go to the mall today. I bought Uriah a pair of jeans from old navy. I personally don't care for the clothes there but their bottoms seem to be the only place I can fit Uman at. Anyway, he's worn the jeans all of 5 times and the crotch is ripped out at the seam. Supposed to be 80 again today.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF....

week 42 By Desilu3131

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

Lori, sorry your back is still aching and the cough continues!!!!! I'm sure that's adding to it all!

Rainy again here!!!!

A few more pics.....

POD 5 By Linnny

POD 6 By Linnny

POD 7 By Linnny

POD 8 By Linnny

Felt good to pick up my camera and start snapping again!!!!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi everyone

Lori I hoep your back feels better soon.

Krista I am sorry about your friends too!

Linny how are you doing?

I have a question for you all, but first the back story.

My DH's uncle is a professional photographer and has been for decades. He put a few years old canon body in the mail for me 2 weeks ago. However it was lost at the post office. It's pretty suspicious. It arrived and was checked in, never signed for, but disappeared. Fortunately uncle insured the package so he will not be out anything.

So now instead of having a cool and free camera I have to buy a camera. I saw the Canon t3i is on speacial at costco and all of the reviews I read said it's a great camera. Do you think someone who has only ever used a point and shoot should buy it?

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Missa, sorry the camera got lost lost in the mail. Sheesh.

The T3i is a beginner camera so I was hesitant to get it but it fit my budget so much better. It is leaps and bounds better than my old cam but has a great tutorial feature for those coming from a point and shoot (which can be turned off once you know what everything is...it kinda pops up on the screen and becomes annoying once you know what stuff is lol). You could keep it on AUTO mode until you delve into other modes. I personally keep mine on Aperture Priority because of dim lighting most of the year here.

And the lenses you get with it will go with you if you decided to upgrade the body in a few years if you feel you need to. That's where I was with my Olympus...it didn't do what I needed it to for lighting but the Canon is AMAZING. It comes with everything you need too. It said "gadget bag" on the box so I thought it was a small-ish bag, but it was quite large and I can use it for the cam and lenses. The 8 GB card it comes with holds tons of photos. There is a coupon in the bag for 100 free 4x6 prints at Costco. I am just super pleased with Costco's bundle!

Krista has it too and loves it. I say go for it...Krista I think you would agree!

All this assuming you want to go to a camera eventually with interchangeable lenses? What camera was your uncle trying to send you?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

I agree - I went from a point and shoot - to the T3i, and love it.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
  • Greenacres Said:
Hey all!

SHERRYI have heard of so man scams and thefts through Craigs List lately.BE CAREFUL and never give your address.

Yeah, I planned on meeting (with dh in tow) whoever wanted to see the car, somewhere else. I did buy a campershell last spring through CL and I know there are some normal people using it out there. I noticed some people write their phone number like five5five one21two instead of 555-1212. I haven't gotten any weird calls on my cell phone but since it is local only I did not include the area code. A real person who lives here knows there is only one area code for Montana.

Here is the first response I got: "I want to see and test your 1997 Ford Expedition 2WD - $2500, send me your number, I live near. Cash on spot or at your bank!"

And the second: "Hello, would you come down on the price? Also please confirm year, color, and approximate miles on the odometer. Thank you."

Of course all the info they wanted was in the ad. I replied to the second one from my "junk" email address so if they are trying to get my email for a spam list, I won't get it at my gmail account.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Missa...I know a hockey parent that purchased the T3i and loves it.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Lori, on my black and white photo you put, "Wish my floors were as clean as yours! ;)"

I say thank you but...black and white helps hide the dog hair and the dead grass that I am sure was tracked in. At least now with the laminate I KNOW when it is vacuumed it is clean. The carpet could trap sooooo much. We only have carpet in two of the bedrooms. The rest of the house is laminate and linoleum. The latter to be replaced in the kitchen and laundry room. Someday.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Lori, I just laughed out loud..."And, just what is the puppy and pony doing? :)"

In the full photo, not cropped to a square it looks like follow the leader. You crack me up. You know it is goat breeding season here...you should see how my buck is acting! And he stinks from spraying. I told dh I am really glad humans are not like that.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

So let's see laundry today and maybe shopping. My oldest won two gift certificates to our Army/Navy store and of course I just bought him boots there. He's suppose to pay for part of them so part of him gift certs are "mine" but I am supposed to buy him pants still. I think we'll just try to get him some pants there and then I want to look for a decal for my car.

Lori, hope your shopping goes well. I am going to go past the camera shop too and see about the 50mm 1.8 lens. They supposedly have it in stock and that is something I always wanted for my old cam but Olympus didn't have an affordable one.

Be back later!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Sherry - we still have carpet in most of our house - I'd love to get rid of it too - especially as it's all really old and just needs to go. However, that being said - it's much warmer inside with carpet on the floor - especially in winter. But there are nice area rugs out there, that I would like instead. Our living room won't lose it's carpet till we can afford adding in-floor heat to it. (it's right on a concrete slab and in winter is very cold)

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Sher...couldn't help myself on the puppy & pony pic...hehehe. Your floors looked so shiny. We only have carpet in the 3 bedrooms. I am amazed what I sweep up with the broom everyday that gets tracked in...just amazed!

Well, the workers outside must have picked my yard to start in. They are waist deep in the trench. I must have been the end of the way and they are working backwards up the road. They are running new gas lines. They stopped midway through part of my yard so I'm assuming the township over will dig up the rest and start down the other way down the street. We live right on the dividing line.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Lori, I hope your "city" water is of a better quality than mine. Mine is better than it was but, still smells and I still don't drink it or give it to Daisy.
Lori, have you won any more books? I am in a dry spell right now. I guess they are waiting for me to say I have read all of the ones I have already won.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...I have not won anything else. I'm patiently waiting. I visit the site a few time daily.

I'm not sure when the city water will be in but I'm excited. Right now our well is so full of iron it's pathetic. We have a very shallow one to boot. Tired of all the orange stains. We want to replace our tub as it's original to the house and the porcelain is wore in places....not touching it till the water is in though. We will have to cut the tub to pull it out as it is the old cast iron type. Either that or we will have a company come in and put new over it....that seems like the most simple solution.

The workers almost have my yard back in order. Think I'm off to lay down for a bit.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Oh brother. I got a reply back from one of the "buyers" for my car...the second one: "Cool, so far everything looks good. My husband Ronnie is the one spending the money on it. We made a deal that he's buying the car, if I take care of the premiums on the policy.
I'm confident that I can afford it, but he still wants me to show him a ball park figure of the cost before he spends a bunch of money on me.
Im at work right now, and they restrict internet usage to company websites only. Would you do a quick favor, and go to Auto Quotes and do a quote for me, so I have at least something to show him? We are local, with no recenttickets or accidents. Just let me know about how much the rate is and we'll come by after I leave work today, if you're available.
Thanks and look forward to meeting with you!"

The "Auto Quotes" was a link to a suspicious website so I did not click on it. Who asks the seller to look up insurance rates for them. Geeze.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

A few pictures from me.

POD #3 - New Sweater By KristaDee

POD #4 - Birthday Cake By KristaDee

POD #5 - Smile! By KristaDee

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• desilu3131 Said:
Sher...couldn't help myself on the puppy & pony pic...hehehe. Your floors looked so shiny. We only have carpet in the 3 bedrooms. I am amazed what I sweep up with the broom everyday that gets tracked in...just amazed!

Well, the workers outside must have picked my yard to start in. They are waist deep in the trench. I must have been the end of the way and they are working backwards up the road. They are running new gas lines. They stopped midway through part of my yard so I'm assuming the township over will dig up the rest and start down the other way down the street. We live right on the dividing line.

Lori, I know you couldn't help it lol. I did think that thought when I saw the photo though, I will admit.

I think I'd love in-floor heating in my kitchen but I would worry about it breaking. I have a rug that could go in the living room but we love the floor so much that we didn't want to cover it up. Plus the Little Mister drives through there with his cars. Speaking of him, I got his bio grandma to admit he has a baby sister. I had asked what her name was and she told me and she also told me where they live (another state) even though I didn't ask. Not sure if the location is correct and it is a big city so it's not like I would even be able to figure it out. She says she's doing good. I guesstimate she is 8 months old now.

Ds made out at the store. He still has $16 to spend too. Too bad he didn't find any pants. He wanted a poncho and a folding shovel first and foremost.

I found the 50mm lens at the store and I am getting ready to check it out at home. He let me try one at the store and it is very nice. I love that it is affordable! ($100 on Amazon.) Oh, and he said that not having a hotshoe cover is not a big deal.

Maybe I'll get some test photos posted later.

Have a great afternoon!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Looking forward to seeing your shots with your new "toy", Sherry!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Goodness me. I left my camera at home while leading a Bible Study, when will I learn that leaving it home ALWAYS means something exciting will happen???
Today a SWAT team arrived in our neighborhood and sealed off the streets. Several cars, all with armed deputies with shotguns or whatever those big things are, hovering behind them, guys on roof, etc. In my "old folks" neighborhood! Nothing every happens like that in "geezerville"! Never! We couldn't get to our house until it was over and no camera to prove it happened. Can't wait for DH to ask his deputy friend what it was about tomorrow.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Kate...sounds like quite the excitement! And, it always works that way, never having the camera!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Kate, that is nuts!

I gotta get ready for Awana. Here are two:

Mini: It's My Favorite By Greenacres

Mini: I Get My Kicks... By Greenacres

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Kate - that sounds like quite the excitement! And yes, in your heat, my sweater would give you heat stroke! But it's perfect for here!

Crispin's party with his friends was a blast. That icing on his cake - turned everyone's mouth the same colour they ate. We sure had fun with that.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

ACU TO HERE

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

ACU
Kate, the police would probably have frowned on you taking pictures anyway. But, it would have been fun to try. We had a major drug bust early one morning last week that resulted in 40+ arrests. Most excitement in our area in years. The FBI and several different agencies were involved from what I heard and read. It all happened in town or on the outskirts. I live 5 miles out of town but, I do remember a low flying helicopter buzzing over. They were looking for those that were trying to hide in the woods. I hope they will put them all away. Most of them are repeat offenders and were making/selling meth.
Headed to finish a movie. Good Night Ladies.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI before bed.

Have a great evening!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Checking in!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Two more.

10/24 By Greenacres

Moose! By Greenacres

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning Ladies!
Lori, I just checked Goodreads and I won again!
I won
Adventures of a One-Breasted Woman: Reclaiming My Moxie After Cancer
by Susan Cummings
&
The Man Who Saw a Ghost: The Life and Work of Henry Fonda
by Devin McKinney

If any of you ladies like reading and like winning books/ebooks, check out: www.goodreads.com! Some of the books are even autographed by the author!
Off to eat/drink breakfast. I skipped supper and am feeling the affects of it.

Edited by 2xblessed on 10-25-12 05:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

I was trying to get a flame photo this morning. Haven't checked to see if any turned out yet.

Krista, Moose has always had a dark face. The last photo of him that I have in my gallery is from June. He hasn't grown much since then:

Mini: Clouds By Greenacres

Hope you have a great day.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

few more pics I took yesterday

.......in a [email protected] mood....fax will not work; need to get document over to someone; pizzed; pretesting for surgery found something that needs CT scan with contrast to rule out....can anything just go smoothly??????

mini 3 incognito By Linnny

mini 6 turn it black By Linnny

mini 5 orange By Linnny

Calling Lexmark.......wish I had an interpreter here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

JCI. I met my sister earlier. My DSD was working near where my mom and I usually meet at our 1/2 way point. He brought up some meds for me and my sister picked them up. Mom sent me some of her arm RX's. I know, I know...never take meds that are not for you. I only got Rx ibuprofen and hydrocodon for pain. Both of which I've taken before. Right now I'm only interested in the ibuprofen to see if that helps.

Working on another monster leg...hope to have it done today. This is my in the car project so I'm cheating a bit. Have nothing else to do (except clean ) so I decided to try to finish it up before I left to pick Uman up.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Anything is better than cleaning! Lori, I missed it somehow, what did you do to your back?
ACU (I think!)

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn... I entered for The Man Who Saw a Ghost too. Do tell if you liked it when you are done.

Saturday I spent 1 1/2 hours in the rink, knitting on the bleachers. When it was time to go I could barely get up. Been down in the back since. I also have a chest cold or something viral going on. Thinking all the coughing isn't helping my back..oh how it hurts when I cough. I don't feel I pulled anything but you never know. I had an armful of stuff with me at the rink that day. It doesn't take much for me. I am feeling better today but I am babying myself. Hoping the ibuprofen will help with the inflammation.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

sigh... when it rains, it pours.... Crispin's teacher called me this morning, he fell in gym class and broke his glasses... more money to spend.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Lori, the bird is doing great except for that wing. I have not been able to get to the bird place in Peachland yet. Don't we have the funnest town names?! I have to drive through Summerland to get there! lol Whenever Lucky hears a crow he tilts his head like a dog with a quizzical expression. I had never realized how often crows are in the background of tv shows. Almost anything filmed outside will have a crow calling at some point. He spends his days next to an open window (I have not had to close it yet but winter will get here one of these days!)having bird baths and playing with his food. I let him out sometimes and he is always full of energy. He really needs his nails trimmed though. Still avoiding it because I think it will ruin the trust he has for me if I suddenly pin him down and cut his claws. I will have to do it soon irregardless though.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

Glad to hear he's doing well Dyana! Hope you're feeling OK too!

Just picked Uriah up from school....going to lay down for a few...my tummy hurts. I've noticed lately when I eat a handful of nuts it bothers my belly. Of course I bought a huge container of them at Sam's Club. I love them and have never had any issues eating them. I did eat a handful about 2 hours ago.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Dyana, glad the crow is doing so well.
Krista, it seems like you have the same run of bad luck I have sometimes.
Lori, the Ibuprofen might be the cause of your tummy ache, rather than the nuts. I can't tolerate anything like that.
Still getting nowhere but frustrated trying to set up the website for church. I think I agree with Alan(he's on the team, too)in that we pay someone to set it up for us. It's just frustrating when I know it should not be so hard!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...I ate a cheese stick and a piece of ham when I took the pill. So far it is helping a little. I tried to lay down but DFIL came over about 5 minutes after. BOO! Guess I'll start dinner for Uriah and I. It's hamburgers tonight (pre made, yay). Hopefully I have some fries in the freezer.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

"I can see clearly now, the rain has gone...."

Crispin's glasses were still under warranty!!!! So thankful. I know Someone is taking care of us, I just seem to forget that when life gets so crazy.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

For warranties, Krista! You are so right, God does take cares of us. Sometimes, He takes care of us despite our self-destructive behavior.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Right on Krista!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Yay for warranties Krista!

Lori, what kind of nuts? Roasted or raw? Hope your back feels better with the IB.

Cooking ground beef for dinner. Have no idea what else.

Dd has one cavity that needs to be filled and others they are watching. I was 20 when I had my first cavity...what gives?

Sold my recliner and some homeschool stuff. Now to just sell the old cam and the car.

Be back later!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI
Finished another one of the books I won _____Just Remember to Breathe by Charles Sheehan-Miles. It is very good but, a lot of crude language. Why do writers feel the need to have their characters all suffer from diarrhea of the mouth?
Feeling a little hurt tonight. My aunts (Mama's sisters) are down at the old home place and Aunt Coonie called me tonight. They have been down there since Tuesday. I asked if they were going to come see me while they were down and she said "Not this time. We are staying in and not getting around many people." I know for a fact that they did stop and see the other sister. They come right by the road to my house and they only come down once or twice a year at the most. And I never get to go see them. Am I just being overly sensitive? I feel like I am left out of a lot of family stuff. Ok! Enough! I am going to fix me some Hot Chocolate and toast w/ma-haw jelly and watch a funny dvd or tape.
Good Night Ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

hey darlins....short story. had the CT scan with contrast; but the tech failed to get the needle in my vein correctly, so i got a CT scan without contrast as all the iodine went under my skin and my arm is twice it's size! 4-5 days it will go down; turn blue, slough off skin!!!!!!! I'm still pizzed even more! Good news, the 'something' that was seen on the chest x-ray by the trachea was a 'shadow'. But the dr did see something on my lft lung and wants a retest in 4-6 weeks.....WITHOUT CONTRAST! I CAn't believe the chica who messed up just disappeared and never apoligized.....the dr and othet tech kept me there for 3 hours doing heat compresses; getting me coffee, making sure I was comfy.......

And this is the hand/arm I'm to have surgery on next friday! new to call the surgeon!!!!!

shy doesn't anything go smoothly!!!!!!! feeling like there is a hex on me!!!!! really!!!!!!!!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning!

I went to bed early and slept all night. This morning I decided to try one of the hydrocodon pills along with ibuprofen. Took it about an hour ago and my eyes are wanting to close already. Feel pretty good in the back though.

Linda....I have no words! We all know things can happen/go wrong but man....you do not have the luck.

Carolyn...the aunts not coming by to at least say hi seems odd indeed. My family is not close knit on either side either.

Sher...raw nuts. I have never had a problem but lately I've noticed a belly ache after eating them. Can't pinpoint a particular kind since we have the mixed right now. I have energy bites I've made for Uriah that are really good, made with peanut butter, and they don't seem to bother me at all.

Rainy and cold here....quite the change for 80 yesterday.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Finally - clear blue sky... at the moment, looks like there might be storm clouds rolling in - this time of year - that means snow. Although it's still too "warm" to make it stick. -0C (32F) here this morning, and a good stiff breeze. According to the weather network - we aren't supposed to get snow till Tuesday. So we will see what these clouds bring.

But, I've got kids to get off to school and work to accomplish... Talk to you all later.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
hey darlins....short story. had the CT scan with contrast; but the tech failed to get the needle in my vein correctly, so i got a CT scan without contrast as all the iodine went under my skin and my arm is twice it's size! 4-5 days it will go down; turn blue, slough off skin!!!!!!! I'm still pizzed even more! Good news, the 'something' that was seen on the chest x-ray by the trachea was a 'shadow'. But the dr did see something on my lft lung and wants a retest in 4-6 weeks.....WITHOUT CONTRAST! I CAn't believe the chica who messed up just disappeared and never apoligized.....the dr and othet tech kept me there for 3 hours doing heat compresses; getting me coffee, making sure I was comfy.......

And this is the hand/arm I'm to have surgery on next friday! new to call the surgeon!!!!!

shy doesn't anything go smoothly!!!!!!! feeling like there is a hex on me!!!!! really!!!!!!!!!!

LINDA! (((LINDA))) You poor thing. I had the iodine thing done to check my kidneys/bladder...they told me it would feel like I was peeing my pants as you just go warm. It was weird. How in the world did she miss your vein?!? You poor thing. Prayers for you...that doesn't sound fun. Can you postpone surgery? Do you want to postpone? I am sure they would understand!

On a side note, I believe the iodine affected my thyroid function a little. My acu said it wasn't processing iodine right. But I got that cleared up and hopefully it is still good.

HUGS!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• desilu3131 Said:
Morning!

I went to bed early and slept all night. This morning I decided to try one of the hydrocodon pills along with ibuprofen. Took it about an hour ago and my eyes are wanting to close already. Feel pretty good in the back though.

Linda....I have no words! We all know things can happen/go wrong but man....you do not have the luck.

Carolyn...the aunts not coming by to at least say hi seems odd indeed. My family is not close knit on either side either.

Sher...raw nuts. I have never had a problem but lately I've noticed a belly ache after eating them. Can't pinpoint a particular kind since we have the mixed right now. I have energy bites I've made for Uriah that are really good, made with peanut butter, and they don't seem to bother me at all.

Rainy and cold here....quite the change for 80 yesterday.

Lori, yeah, make sure you don't have to go anywhere while on that! Glad your back is feeling better!

I cannot eat raw nuts. Only roasted. But I get an itchy mouth...I might get a stomach ache from them too but I don't remember. Try roasting them in a pan, let them cool and then try eating a little and see if you get the same stomachache. I remember you talking about raw vs cooked avocado too. I can only eat guac if I cook it. Peanuts are typically roasted when we use them and are actually a legume so that could be why you don't notice the same thing with them. I know a guy who is allergic to beans like pinto beans, etc and those are also a legume. I never asked if he had problems with peanuts though.

Speaking of allergies, I am still off of wheat. Something in the gluten free blend I made and something in a gf pizza crust I bought might not agree with me either. I still do corn tortillas and corn tortilla chips without issue. I think my body just doesn't like most grains in general! Which has been great for my waistline but leaves me wondering what to make for dinner!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Looks like a cold day for the pumpkin patch. Oh well, we'll bundle up and when we get too cold, we'll go jump and warm up on the pumpkin pillow. Hopefully it stays dry out there!

Have a great day all!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi everyone,

Wow I missed a lot the last few days.

Linny I am so sorry! Where do they find thee techs? I hope the swelling goes down, when will you have your surgery? You deserve way better than that!

Carolyn I am sorry for your hurt. I am also happy that you have avery caring church family who is always there for you. You also have us to share the hurt with I hope these two other families can ease the hurt some.

Kate that sounds like Detroit how exciting!

Sherry that's a bummer about the car. I hope it sells soon. We eat a lot of gluten free food around here. For no reason other than we love veggies and I usually prepare my own sauces. I imagine it has some positive impact on our health we all feel pretty good most of the time.

Dyana I'm glad Lucky bird is doing well.
What are internal spasms?

Krista I'm glad the glasses were still covered. They are so expensive.

Lori my GF back home had her tub coverd and it turned out great. You can't tell and it was way cheaper then putting in a new one, not to mention a ton easier.
We are able to drink tap water here for the first time in AZ and man do I love it!

Thanks everyone for the camera advice. I ordered the T3i, but the very next day the package arrived from my uncle Suprise! Costco was great about canceling the order and now I have a Sony camera with two lenses and a few other goodies, I just need a bag. It has a full auto mode and I'll be usung that for a few days as I get used to the heft of the new camera.

There is a new fire burining here. We have no details yet, but I woke up to the smell of smoke at midnight and the fire is still going I don't see it, but I do see some smoke, my house was evacuated this spring due to a wildfire, but my guess is there isn't enough fire fuel here to burn close to our neighborhood.

I'll try to get caught up on photos today, but G is home from school so we will probably be busy.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Here's one. PS crashed when I was working on the second one.

Mini: Flame By Greenacres

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

Well arm is still puffy, but not as much as it was. Dr never called me last night to follow up like he said he would. I think people just don't like me!!!!! That's it!!!! Figured it out!!!!

Missa, must be scary to be able to smell and see the smoke! Would frighten me!!!! Stay safe sweetie!!!!

Krista, happy you got some sun today!

Sherry, bundle up and have a ball!!!!

Today is dh's holiday, Eid. Going to my sil's house. First time in over a year....we had an enormous argument. Doing this for dh....man does he owe me big time. His sister is bipolar and does not take any meds. We're thinkin perhaps a bit paranoid also. This should be fun!

Later

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Missa, that is awesome the camera showed up! Hope the fire is out soon!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Sher...sounds like you have a fun time planned today! I will try roasting the nuts next time. Good memory...I have to cook the avocado too or I itch.

I really wanted to lay down earlier...got so tired. One of my contacts were bothering me so I took them out. Sometimes when they bother me it makes my head feel funny. After they were out I felt better. Have been sitting here working on my girlie monster. Made two ears and am working on an arm. I do believe I'll put it up and ready it for the ride to school. Going to try to lay down before time to pick Uman up.

We have hockey practice for our travel team tonight. Not sure if I mentioned it but they are voting for team captain tonight...I had no idea till one of the coaches wives was talking about it. She said her two boys were voting for Uriah. Not getting my hopes up as he is one of the new kids on the team. But, he seems to be meshing well with the others and seems to be well liked so far.

BBL!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

wow, I don't know where to start! And I only missed one day!

Missa, glad the camera came.

Linnny! Wish I were there to give a hug and feed you some Dove chocolate!!

Lori! I never have back problems, guess I should be very thankful for that! Hang in there, this too shall pass, one way or another.

Dayna: Poor Lucky, still can't use the wing?

EVERYONE: be well!!!!!

Page 5 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics