Page 6 of 7 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

Aqua Caliente Park By Erjaan

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

Lori, I sent you a message on goodreads about a giveaway book I thought you might like to have.
Ok, need to back up and get caught up on chat and leaving love.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Linny, wow! Hope it all turns out ok for you.
Missa, thanks for the kind words. I was already feeling kinda sad a when she said they wouldn't see me this time it really hurt. Oh well, on the bright side I didn't have to do any major cleaning before they came.
It is cold and damp here today after the rain last night.
Off to let Daisy out of "Doggy Jail" and take her out. BBL

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

It's getting smokier here and still no official word on the fire. This is a new experience.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Dove chocolate! Me love chocolate....makes everything OK!!!!!!

Kate, I read your post on my 'incognito' pic and it somehow gave me the courage to go wigless and capless today!!!!!! First time in years! The haircut this lady gave me really is great...a lot of layers. Plus I just dyed my hair so it gives it some body. Anyhooooo, going to my evil SIL's house and stopping to pick up cake in the bakery....and I'm not wearing my wig. I feel so liberated! Geez.....I might even burn my bra. Oh wait....that was 50 years ago and been there, done that!!!!

Yes, I truly believe the iodine visited my brain!!!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

LINNNY Remember, girlfriend, you can only burn your bra when young and thin (if you get my drift or should I say gravity.

Sour Orange By Erjaan
A busy guest house By Erjaan

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to erjaan

Yes GRAVITY!!!!!!! One would think I would keep that in mind considering my tatas are constantly getting stuck in my panties!!!! Geez!!!!!! Yeah, golden years!!!!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

Linny sorry that went so badly.

Missa the actual name of my internal spasms is Biliary Spasms. Basically it is a uncontrolled tightening of certain muscles inside. It feels like a band of steel being tightened all the way across my rib cage and around my back. The minor spasms I can ignore, the medium strength ones I take pills for and the strong ones drop me to my knees and make it hard to breathe. I wait it out (about 20 minutes) then I quickly make an injection. I have about 5 minutes before the next spasm hits so I have to be very quick. The anti spasm drug is very hard on the liver and I am only allowed one every so many hours. If the spasms persist I take injectable painkillers which is what the pharmacy cannot get in. Most painkillers work in a certain way and they can actual cause spasms for someone who is prone to them so I can`t take an alternative drug for this. I just hope they don`t run out of the anti spasm drug as well.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

JCI

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to KristaDee

POD#8 - Vaseux Lake Provincial Park By Lenethren

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Linda....my bra stays. Need it for my roll & tuck method! Be nice today since you are looking & feeling so FINE!!!

Missa....glad the camera came! Certainly the fire must not be very close, especially since you haven't gotten any word thus far.

Carolyn...thanks for the book info. I entered!

Dyana...I sure hope you don't have to go without your med for very long.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Well, I just caught up on some missed posts. We are heading out in a few....see you all later tonight.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Alright here's my first post...#7
It's my favorite...
It's my favorite... By Scrapwriter

Edited by scrapwriter on 10-26-12 01:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to scrapwriter

Munching on kettle corn and getting ready to transfer pumpkin patch pics to my comp. Brr out there.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Greenacres

The pink guest house on the park property was not the main house. I also got a picture of the bunk house where the cowboys lived and NEVER took a photo of the main house. It was a pretty white house with lots of additions and a fabulous enclosed back yard. The kitchen was to die for. Maybe I will get back there sometime and get it. It didn't look ranchy but it sure looked 1950 mod which was when it was built.

No we did tour the Rose guest cottage, not in good shape.

Edited by erjaan on 10-26-12 02:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to erjaan

I got one edited. It's getting cropped to be my new profile pic I think.

10/26 By Greenacres

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Linny, I only wear a bra when I am going somewhere and as soon as I get home it comes off. I probably could get by w/o wearing one but too self-conscious to try !
Dyana, I hope you get your meds soon. I am afraid if things don't change soon, there will be more of this sort of thing where needed drugs are in short supply. I will just leave it at that.
Missa, I hope they get the fire contained soon and no lives are lost.
Lori, you are welcome! I figured it was the least I could do since I always look at what you have entered for to see if any look interesting to me.

Liz (my niece) messaged me on Facebook and told me that the doctor in Houston has put Peyton on a Lactose-free diet and set him up to have a "Stomach Emptying" test in 8 weeks. I had never heard of it so I googled it. It is a test where the patient fasts for 6 hours and then is fed a meal with a small dosage of radioactive dye in it. Then scanned to see where/how the food is digested. Hoping this will give the doctors an idea of what is going on with Peyton and why he vomits almost every time he eats. Please continue to pray that they get answers. Not sure what Liz will do if they can't figure it out. Houston's Children's Hospital is suppose to be one of the best in the country.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Evening!

Carolyn...I've never heard of that test either.

It's burrzee here too Sher!

Uriah was a bit bummed...no C for his jersey. They chose 2nd year Peewee's for the positions. Very understandable. Coach said they might be choosing one more alternate...they have 2 as of tonight, both 2nd years. U is keeping his hopes up, lol!

We actually get to sleep in tomorrow...no being at the rink by 7. That area is on Fall break this week so no practice. I'm thinking of making a pot of chili...Uriah has requested brown butter rice krispy treats too.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey guys, back home! We had a fabulous, fun day! I think if you will it, it will be!!!!! And it was! We got there at 3 pm and stayed till 10:30 pm!

Missa, hope they were able to get that fire under control and you and yours are safe!!!!

Bren, dear friend, I'm soooo happy to see you here and lovin your sunrise pic!

Here are a couple more for this month....

This path of flowers has been in bloom for what seems forever....
mini 1 ~ a path By Linnny

I couldn't believe these blooms were still here....
pod ~ still blooming!!!!! By Linnny

this day spa looks like it might be a bit pricey....never went to one....not sure I'd be comfortable with a massage.....
mini 9 ~ night shot By Linnny

Nighty nite

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

ACU
I had plans of being in bed early tonight. Considering it is almost midnight, I don't see that happening. Oh well, I can always sleep late if Daisy will let me.
Good Night Ladies.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

JCI

Took a nap today, so not overly tired at the moment. Watched a movie by myself. DH is watching a movie by himself... guess that's what happens when we have two very different tastes...

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Holy cats what a day. No one told the white girl that every autumn they do prescribed burns. I did get good info from a local though. If you see a firefighter eating street food, get out of town. Check it's on my mental list.

Dyana, that sounds rough I hope you don't run out of medication.

Lori I'm glad Uman isn't giving up hope. It says a lot about his character.

Linny Go get em with out the wig!

Sherry I love the new avi

Carolyn sleep well I'm soon to follow.

It's almost 11 and our dinner guests just left. G and I went to the Apache museum and some Hopi/ Zuni ruins today. We also Trunk or Treated at the fitness center and finished our halloween decorating. I am exhausted.

I was going to upload the photos I took today, but I don't have the right cord for the camera. I hope I can find one in town tomorrow I took some photos I really want to share.

Good night everyone.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Feeling so much better today (knock on wood)! Like an idiot, last night I took a pain med on an empty stomach....never again will I do that. DH made a pizza run and after I ate a few bites I felt SO much better.

Lexie called me this morning. My DSM was taking her to dance class today and her mom forgot to pack her dance shoes. My dad found my old ones and they fit her perfect. She was so excited, lol! I'm surprised they weren't dry rotted. She will be over here sometime this evening...she is trick-or-treating us and family on this side of town.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
JCI

Took a nap today, so not overly tired at the moment. Watched a movie by myself. DH is watching a movie by himself... guess that's what happens when we have two very different tastes...

Sounds like my house!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning! It is a beautiful morning here and if the wind wasn't blowing it wouldn't be too cold to sit outside and soak up the sun. Speaking of the sun, I got sunburned the other day while sitting out waiting on Daisy to potty. Not too bad, just mostly my arms and nose. You might know I would be late doing that.
Need to get off and see what the Good Lord has to say to me this morning. I am reading the Bible through in a year and am now in First Corinthians. At the rate I am going I should make it this time.
BBL

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
Holy cats what a day. No one told the white girl that every autumn they do prescribed burns. I did get good info from a local though. If you see a firefighter eating street food, get out of town. Check it's on my mental list.

Dyana, that sounds rough I hope you don't run out of medication.

Lori I'm glad Uman isn't giving up hope. It says a lot about his character.

Linny Go get em with out the wig!

Sherry I love the new avi

Carolyn sleep well I'm soon to follow.

It's almost 11 and our dinner guests just left. G and I went to the Apache museum and some Hopi/ Zuni ruins today. We also Trunk or Treated at the fitness center and finished our halloween decorating. I am exhausted.

I was going to upload the photos I took today, but I don't have the right cord for the camera. I hope I can find one in town tomorrow I took some photos I really want to share.

Good night everyone.

Get out of town? It means they are planning a prescribed burn I assume?

Thanks about the avi.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Lori, you poor thing...glad you felt better after you ate.

I planned on getting my last mini last night (night shot) and just as I was going to get it, my ds came in. He planned to camp outside "survival style" and he had a little campfire. He didn't have access to pine boughs so didn't have enough insulation to keep the cold from the ground from getting to him. It's good he came in...we got more snow...the old stuff had almost melted off.

Well, hoping to hear back from the lady that came to look at my car last night. She seemed impressed with it. Another lady is supposed to come see it today.

Have a great day all!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hair-Flying Fun By Greenacres

Eldest By Greenacres

Bunny Chase By Greenacres

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good afternoon !!!

Missa, you are making me nervous!!!!! What is up with the fire.....fireman eating street food....I'm lost!!!!! I'm always lost

Lori, hope your tummy is better!!!!! Lexi is wearing your dance shoes!!!! How cool is that!!!!!

Sher, I too love your new avi! Geez, your little one is growing soooo fast!

Carolyn, sorry about the sunburn.... Hope Daisy is being a good girl!

We brought home soooo much deelish food from my sil's! I am never gonna get back on my diet....the instruction sheet for surgery said to wear "loose fitting clothes". That's a joke!

Later....

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

• Greenacres Said:
  • KristaDee Said:
JCI

Sounds like my house!

I normally don't mind watching what he watches, but he tends to not want to watch the chick flicks. So, we sat almost side by side, and he watched his movie on his computer with headphones on, and I watched my movie on my laptop (without headphones).

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Afternoon.

Uriah and I ran to the mall and a couple other stores. Home now waiting on Lexie. I had to go buy candy so she'd have something.

It turned out to be a beautiful day here.

Back is a little sore from walking. It was almost as if I could feel a grinding as my left foot moved forward when I walked. Was enough to make me feel sick sort of. Popped another ibuprofen and hope to just relax this afternoon.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Lori, as one who suffers from chronic back pain I feel for you! Take it easy when you can and that "grinding" is not a good feeling! Have you had it checked out by a doctor?
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

The trick or treater just left...she was so cute. She was the character from Brave....don't recall the name as I didn't see the movie. Her and U had fun while my brother and Guy talked hunting.

We are off to the grocery and maybe a bite to eat. Then home to RELAX I hope!!

Carolyn...nope...not been to the DR. Have dealt with back pain since I was about 18. Probably feels worse this time since I have been pretty much pain free since I got my new mattress and have lost weight.

BBL!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - Merida.... that's the girl from Brave.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

JCI, been so busy lately.

Linda, I'm thinking of you as I hear about the "Franken-storm" that is supposed to hit the east coast. Are you getting ready?

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Heather4859

Linny nothing to worry about this time. It was a prescribed burn, it's out here and now they are burning higher up the mountain. If the firefighters are eating the street food, it means they are really hungry, since visitors don't often eat from the tents at "the tailgate" here. The tailgate is near the Bureau of Indian Affairs office and it's really something to see.

I was wondering the same thing as Heather are you all set for the storm?

We are watching the Tigers working to claw themselves back into the World Series and we are really hoping our team can get back on track.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. All taken with the new camera.

October POD 8 By MissaOnTheRun

October Mini Turn it B and W (or sepia) By MissaOnTheRun

Oct POD 7 Kinishba By MissaOnTheRun

Oct POD 9 Kinishba By MissaOnTheRun

October Mini A Path By MissaOnTheRun

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Went to a neat parade today celebrating volunteers and Arizona's 100 birthday. Photo to follow - no surprise there.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

SWAT Team By Erjaan

Remember the Swat team I said surrounded my neighbors house? Well, he owns a property in another town and the renter had moved out so N. went to check on it and found it totally trashed and the appliances stolen. He drove into town and saw the renter and rolled down his car window. As the huge man, renter, came over N. took a gun out of his glove compartment and laid it on his lap as he was afraid of the man. The renter came up to the window and N. told him he wanted his appliances back. The renter looked at the gun, smiled, said "ain't going to happen" and walked away. The neighbor came home and later was surrounded. The renter reported him as having pulled a gun on him and threatened him and that he was armed and dangerous. The neighbor is cranky and old but NOT dangerous and bad renter gets away with it all. SO NOT FAIR.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening everyone!

Krista...yes, that's it! I wanted to see the movie but Uriah had no interest.

Well so much for my relaxing night at home. Uriah decided he wanted to go skating. Kristiaan was going along with a cousin. DH and I were going to the store anyway so we dropped him off. He had the rink to himself for a bit. When DD arrived we left. I was so surprised, there was only about 10 people there. He skated for 2 hours. That's a lot of fun for $4.

Time for me to lay down. Wasn't going to do a pill but I thought better as much as I've been out and about today.

I need to catch up with Missa's pics.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - saw it in 3D - can't wait to see it the normal way. 3D gave me a headache. Loved it.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

JCI
Heading to bed shortly. It's cold and I think I am going to snuggle with Daisy.
BTW, have any of y'all used "boots" on your puppy/dog? I am seriously considering buying Daisy some because even with her nails trimmed, she still hurts me when she "claws" at me. I am working on breaking her of it but in the meantime it really burns when she gets going with her "digging on me.
TTS start with Missa page 18!
Good Night Ladies.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyndo you have puppy training in your area? They are usually great classes and the instructor knows what is the best way for your breed of dog. I thought I was good with dogs but from what friends learned at the classes I was amazed.

LORI yes, the circles on the SWAT truck open for guns and the windows at the top are bullet proof. I like the hatch at the top that moves around to protect the back of the one up there.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Morning!

Kate...ahha! Didn't realize what the top was used for.

Carolyn...I've never used the boots. Have you tried using a spray bottle with water when she jumps?

It's a beautiful Fall morning...34.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Just a reminder....end of month pic is due tomorrow, 6pm est.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hi ladies...a quick check in for me since I need to dry my hair yet before church. Then my niece's 7th birthday party at the ice rink. Should be fun and I will be tired. No skating for me today though...I was too sore last time.

See ya later!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• MissaOnTheRun Said:

We are watching the Tigers working to claw themselves back into the World Series and we are really hoping our team can get back on track.

My dh has not watched baseball since I have known him (1996). But with the Tigers doing so well, he's had some of the games on. I don't follow baseball but I asked when the last time the Tigers were in the World Series and he said the year, which I don't remember except 1980-something. So, we're rooting along with you! (My dad is a SF fan so growing up that's what I knew.)

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

Getting ready for hurricane Sandy here. We have nowhere to put all the wicker furniture on the terrace, so Bob moved everything to one corner, wedged them and now needs to tie it all down. This is so strange.....I don't recall ever dealing with this kind of weather growing up. Transit it shutting down tonight! Schools are closing......kinda scary.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Linda - sounds scary. Praying for safety for you.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Linda....glad he's tying the stuff down. It's supposed to hit tomorrow, right? Bet the grocery stores/hardware stores have been busy!

I just made a pot of chili. Wonder why it never turns out the same any time I make it? I use a Wendy's chili recipe I have...it's tasty.

Uriah is making mint chip cookies all by himself. After he's done I'm going to try a Pinterest recipe I found for cinnamon sugar pull apart bread. Looked like something close to an elephant ear so I was all over it!

I don't do baseball either. I can do a game now and again at the ball park but I'm more than ready to go about the 4th inning.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Kate, no doggy training around here.
Lori, I need to get a spray bottle and try that but bet she will like it!
Lori, I sent you 2 different messages in goodread because I couldn't figure out how to give you a link to 2 different books you might want to enter to win.
I need to get off and finish getting some stuff together for a friend who is going to be in with a huge garage sale! I have tagged and boxed up a bunch of John'c clothes that he left here. Figure if he won't speak to me or return my messages, I can do what I want with his stuff! I marked everything 75cents or less. I am going to tell my friend what ever doesn't sell the first day to either mark down to a penny or let them make an offer! At least I may get back some of what he owes me and it will be out of my house. I have plenty of room for it, I guess. But, why keep it if he isn't interested in coming and getting it?!
ACU
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

I just entered them Carolyn. I had see your message on my phone earlier and forgotten.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Don't forget to send my your end of month pic!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Hi all.

Lori, I made chili today too

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI.

I am still in the kitchen finishing up my pull apart bread. I didn't realize it was going to be an all day process....better be worth it!!

Heather...DH ate some of the chili earlier and said it was tasty. I made extra for DFIL too. Uriah's cookies turned out good. While my bread is in the oven I'm making my weeks worth of iced coffee. Took some more meds for my back and I'm feeling pretty good at the moment! I had hoped to sit and relax today....for some reason that NEVER happens, lol!

Also, I just realized that I will be at the rink tomorrow for the photo entry deadline. You'll have about an hour extra time to enter if you choose. Will get the poll up ASAP after I get home. I had planned on shutting the poll of early in the day on Halloween but will extend it a bit. Still going to have it end early in the day though. Going to spend Halloween night with Uman watching movies so I won't have to fool with watching and posting the results in the evening.

So far, we have 2 entries....come on ladies and get your pics in!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

I'm back. Sorry for dropping off so many pics at once, I try not to do that...

October Photo Fun #7 By Mrs PaulyD

October Photo Fun #8 By Mrs PaulyD

October Photo Fun #9 By Mrs PaulyD

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

One more and I've got my 10 done

October Photo Fun #10 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I'm going to be naughty too.....dumping a few.

mini #3 incognito By Desilu3131

mini #4 it's time for.... By Desilu3131

Oct #4 By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oct #5 By Desilu3131

Oct #6 By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Sher...you may know this.....Do you lose your post # when you delete photos/albums? I have so many and have been thinking of downsizing.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

LORI I don't think so but let us know please.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Will do Kate if I get bold enough to try.

Shower time for me while the boys are playing Uno.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI - spent the afternoon, supper and evening with the in-laws. Sure was fun. All of DH's siblings were there, and Grandma and an Aunt. So it was a full house (and loud) 8 kids, and Grandma is almost deaf, so we have to yell to be understood.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

LOL Krista...sounds like a great family get together!

Heather...you are right on with the eyes!

I just finished watching Dark Shadows....not bad. Watched in on my Mac.

Thinking of turning in. I haven't taken any pills since earlier today. Needing to take some pressure off from sitting so long.

Have a great evening!!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi everyone!

Linny stay safe!

Kate that is totally awful. What happened to the neighbor other than being scared to death by the swat team?

Krista that sounds like a family gathering with my grandma.

Go Tigers!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Dyana I am hoping you live clear of the earthquake zone! I'm thinking of you.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI one last time before bed. Dh has some football game on....can't stand the noise.

Tired and achy....goodnight all!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

A picture from today's hike.

Oct POD 10 By MissaOnTheRun

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Hey all. I have a prayer request... Got a phone call from my Sister. My Mom is in the hospital. She was at my cousins today (they are on holidays in Ontario) and fainted and then started to throw up. Dad called 911, and they rushed her in to the hospital. Turns out she has in infection in her bloodstream. She's on an iv antibody 4x a day, so they will be keeping her in for the next few days. And until they get results on her blood tests. I'm trying so hard not to freak out! Trying to pray and stay strong, but my mind just doesn't want to shut up, and I can't turn it off. It's going to be a long night. Would really appreciate all the prayers you can find. Thanks.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Linny, stay safe during the storm.
Lori, good luck on winning the books. I will continue to keep an eye out for that type of book and let you if you would like me to. I usually check out the "new giveaways" and the ones that "end soon". If I have time, I will go through most of the pages or check out the ones in the genres that I like best.
Tired tonight. We had 3 baptisms this morning! Two pre-teen brothers and a teenage girl. I was so excited that they all were back tonight and the girl even brought 2 friends.
We had a shoe box packing party (Operation Christmas Child) followed by chili pie and dessert. The best part was I did not have to do anything other than pack a box.
Heading to bed soon.
Good Night Ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Krista, prayers being said for your mom and for you. I know it's hard to shut off the mind and all the 'what if's'; stay positive and believe it is something that can be easily resolved.

Good night all!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Linnny

Krista praying for your mom and that you will be settled in your mind as well.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to scrapwriter

Morning!

Krista....Prayers for you and your family. Very glad to know your mom was with family and got immediate attention.

Linda...How's it looking in your area? Are they boarding up places that might get a lot of damage? What about your surgery...isn't it close or did you reschedule?

Carolyn...as far as looking at the leaves on that yellow tree..nope, I haven't looked. It's not my tree. I just pass it several times a day in my neighborhood. Lexie didn't have any make up on either. I did edit the pic a bit so that probably enhanced the lips & cheeks. Although, Uriah and her were playing pretty hard....I think here cheeks were a bit rosy.

Paperwork is calling me so I best get busy!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Decided to catch my weekly lo up...JFF!

week 43 By Desilu3131

Now on to my paperwork.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Krista, prayers going out for your mom and you!
Lori, so Lexie is a natural beauty! Lucky girl!
ACU and seriously thinking about going back to bed!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

I am seriously thinking about laying down for a bit too Carolyn. I am super stiff today and having trouble standing straight.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey ladies!

I woke up with body aches.

Krista, my prayers for your mom, you, and your family!

I planned on editing my niece's birthday pictures today but I am not feeling up to it. I need to make a Cub Scout phone call but that is it. I am going back to bed.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
Good morning!

Getting ready for hurricane Sandy here. We have nowhere to put all the wicker furniture on the terrace, so Bob moved everything to one corner, wedged them and now needs to tie it all down. This is so strange.....I don't recall ever dealing with this kind of weather growing up. Transit it shutting down tonight! Schools are closing......kinda scary.

Prayers Linda!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• desilu3131 Said:
Sher...you may know this.....Do you lose your post # when you delete photos/albums? I have so many and have been thinking of downsizing.

I thought post count only accumulated with posts and comments, not photos added to the site. I have never noticed if my post count goes down when I delete a photo.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Krista, I'm thinking of your mom! I hope she is well. Hugs to you.

Linny I saw some pretty crazy pictures of NYC how are you holding up out there?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Thanks for all the prayers. Talked with my Dad earlier this morning, and it sounds like Mom had a good night, and the antibiotics are doing their job. Blood pressure has stabilized. Sounds like she might even get to go "home" (where ever they happen to be staying - they are on holidays) at some point today. I'm feeling much better for having talked to Dad.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Hey darlins!

Krista, great news that your mom is improving!!! Continued prayers!

We're doing okay....we're not in the flooding area; but we are on the top floor, so hoping the roof stays put!!!! Also worried about power outages. It's so windy and raining right now....supposed to hit land tonight. Watching the reporter trying to stand on the pier in NJ is frightening....he looks like he's gonna take flight!

Staying safe.....

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Thanks for all the prayers. They've started Mom on soft solids today - with Jello. Mom said not in this world. Sounds like she's feeling much better. Mom hates jello! She gets to go home tomorrow.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Thank goodness Krista! I am really happy to hear about your mom!

Linny keep staying safe!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Good news Krista!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

what happened to my neighbor with the SWAT team? Nothing. It ended up that they just talked to him and told him not to approach the thief without them.Still looks like the thief wins, no contact with him.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

KRISTA glad things are looking up for your Mom. Tell her when I was in the hospital and they kept giving me Jello but never listened to me and my needs or answered my questions I finally got so frustrated that I picked the Jello up and tossed it out the door where it hit the nurses station. THEN they listened to me, Jello can be amazing, she just has to USE is right.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

I seem to be talking to myself here???

DAYNA OH NUTS!!! Now I forgot what you asked me as I got up to attend to the laundry and a rug has shed all over. be right back when I remember.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

And here I am still talking to myself. I feel a bit odd. BUT....

Dayna colorful houses like the pink guest house are common in the historical areas.
This used to be part of Mexico and the people loved color as much as the Northeast loves white Churches and Italy loves red tile roofs.When you live in the desert brown, tan, beige, and green aren't all that exciting. Of course pink with blue doors is a bit out there.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

If I keep this up I will have a whole page of my own.

Border Patrol ROTC By Erjaan

I am not coming back to tonight. Enough of ME!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

That is good news Krista! If she has started complaining about the food, she is doing well.
Lori, my back is acting up today. I blame it on the weather changing.
Linny, continue to stay safe and keep us posted.
ACU

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Kate - I will for sure tell my Mom the Jello story. She will appreciate it.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

*** October Poll ***

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI....it has turned really cool and windy of course.

Linda...how are you fairing? I haven't heard any news other than what comes across FB. Have seen were there is several areas with power out and no internet.

I am done here for the night...putting my jammies on and laying down. Been just miserable today. Like an idiot (again) I took a whole hydrocodone (sp). I had eaten but boy oh boy I have felt SO sick since. Lucky for me DH went to hockey with us and I asked him to drive (highly unusual). We dropped U off at the rink, dropped some junk off at DD's and ran to Target. I was nearly in tears (again, highly unusual) going through the store. I think it was a mixture of pain and wanting to yack. DH bought me a bag of pretzels and after I ate a few I felt so much better. Remind me to NEVER take one of those pills whole again.

Will put the November signup up on the 31st (in case you were wondering).

Nighty-O girls!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Lori, hydrocodone is powerful stuff. Try to always eat before you take it even if it is a spoon of peanut butter or a handful of pretzels! And it sounds like you may need to break down and see a doctor if it is not any better in another day or two.
Good Night Ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

We're doing okay!!! Supposed to continue with the high winds till midnight. It was really scary at times.....dh and I would just look at each other wide-eyed!!!!! Never experienced wind like that! A lot of flooding....trees uprooted! Thankfully we still have power, although our lights keep flickering.

Mother nature is pizzed at someone!!!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Linnny

Ladies,
I'm sorry I've not been here we had another death in the family, my Great-Unlce. My computer was also on the fritz once again, but it's fixed and I'm back, sorry for slacking.

LINNNY- You have been on my mind all day. Did you have to evacuate? If not I'm hoping you and DH are staying safe, dry and well informed of the goings on around you.

Everyone else who's feeling the wrath of Sandy, stay safe, I'm thinking of you all and wishing there was some way to help!!

Hugs to those in need of them, and those who are sick or just feeling crudy.

I'll try and get caught up before I see you all in November.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Morning!

Sandra...sorry to hear of your G-Uncle's passing.

Linda....how are you this morning?

Carolyn...I won my second book! A Wicked War: Polk, Clay, Lincoln, and the 1846 U.S. Invasion of Mexico

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning!
Sandy, sorry to hear about the passing of your great-uncle.
Linny, stay safe!
Lori, that's great! I didn't win any last night, Just as well, I guess. I haven't read all of the ones I have already won and still have 3 I haven't received yet. Plus, I am in need of at least 2 more bookshelves! I still have books boxed up because I ran out of shelf space. What can I say, I love books and never want to get rid of any!
It is really cold this morning! Think I am going back to bed until the house warms up a bit.
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning. Hope Linny's ok.

Kate - told my Mom about your Jello idea - she thought it was pretty funny. But, they listened to her, and didn't bring her any more Jello.

Well, I'm off to a crazy day. Talk to you all later.

Page 6 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics