Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: October - New Layouts        (Topic#1581243)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Welcome to the October edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Donna for hosting September!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

November...Cathe
December ... Terry

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Here is a sketch to use if you like:

Sketch By Cdjohnson

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, thanks for hosting October...and thanks to Donna for September!
I forgot all about last month's sketch! I'm still going to try it...and this month's looks do-able!
Thought I'd post some of my layouts from last weekend's retreat...
Here's one..
Clever By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

...and another....
Cookie Monster By Scrapkaty

and another...
down at Harry's bar By Scrapkaty

and one more...
A Father's Love By Scrapkaty

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Scrapkaty

Hi and gotta go grandkids are here.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Glad to see everyone is making there way to the new thread!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi:

Big Boy By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Donna and Cheryl for being such awesome hostesses! I am very far behind over in September, promise to catch up soon, and will be here when I get caught up over there.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Thanks to our hostesses!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off:

100% nerd By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! October already? You know what that means....only 84 days left til Christmas!

(ducks to get out of the way of the objects being thown at her)

So hubby was able to switch tomorrow for today. Looks like our anniversary dinner is back on

Heres Patricks finished project...whatcha think? It feels bare to me....I don't usually scrap so plain. But I didn't want to take away from the bleakness of the photos. Would ya'll add anything? His teacher didn't want the photo titles on the front-all the written stuff had to go on the back. The photos are mated and distressed...we inked the edges of the posterboard. Patrick is now a pro at inking and distressing! He had to help somewhat lol

School Project By DittoBabyGirl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!! I realy don't know where this year as gone.

Donna - I will not throw anything at you because I usually start my Christmas shopping in October and like to be finish up by December 1 if possible.

I am off this week and going to do some much needed deep down cleaning and decorating for fall. Of course, I will be making time for scrapping too!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you Cheryl-I appreciate that lol

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Donna I love anything Christmas so I won't throw anything at you either.

Thanks for hosting Sept. and Cheryl for taking over October. I'll take Nov.

Looking forward to new los. I will try and do the sketch this month.

Have a great day everyone.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

really back for now, life is is getting back in order,dh was sick but he better had to get his teeths taken care of too much smokeing

Cheryl thanks for hosting October...and thanks to Donna for September! hate i miss everything that happen but i am back,have not scrap nothing need to start back and use up some of my goodies before i can buy anything else and i want to sell my baby bug so i can get the big one

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

Donna as soon as school starts it's Christmas time..because after that it comes so fast....it's October....may as well start shopping...no more scrapcrap except for adhesives or tools til then...hahahahaha...unless Katy comes down and we go to Berkeley. The poster turned out great..I wondered why there was no text....why on the back?

MEL!!!! You're back!!! Welcome home! Hope you find a good deal on your new bug.

And thanks to our wonderful hostesses.

I was gonna do my on line traffic school last week.even circled it on the calendar but then the computer went on the fritz so now I gotta do it this week..have til the 31st. I don't WANNA do it...anyway I hear it takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours and then I have to have it notarized...geez...people...don't speed!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Good morning! All caught up around here finally. Left love everywhere and read the chatter for the most part. It has beeen a very busy and hectic few weeks for me. So far October isn’t look much better. Lots to do right now.

Welcome to October everyone!

Denise, I hope your friend is doing better. You are certainly a good neighbor!

Donna, glad the hubby could get the date changed and you get to have your anniversary meal. What would you add to the poster, Donna?

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Mel!! Welcome back! Hope everything is now going better for you!..

Cheryl, enjoy your week off...don't do tooo much cleaning! DH and I have this week off..cleaning? naaaa! But maybe we might start our Christmas shopping...but I just don't know what the girls want...gotta ask for some ideas...

Donna, yeay! your anniversary dinner is back on! That's cool dh could switch days for it.

Jeannie, good luck in your traffic school!! Hope you pass it with "flying colors"!

Now, for a couple more of my layouts I did at the retreat....

Best. Show. Ever. By Scrapkaty

Prom By Scrapkaty

ye olde medicine show By Scrapkaty

and...

Pinecrest Lake By Scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU2H

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Welcome back Mel! Good to see that you are back with us. Hope everyone is well at your house.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Holy cow---October? Where oh where did the year go?

Thanks Donna & Cheryl! I'll host Dec since no one is listed yet!

Donna--yeah for hubbie! Have a special dinner someone really cool. I love the school project. I hope he gets a great grade on it!

Jeannie & Katy--OMG the lo's you two created are fantastic, awesome, adorable, wonderful, & much much more. See what good things come from fun, eating, sleeping, and no one to interrupt!

Mel--welcome back girl! Hope dh is doing fine!

Cheryl--tell Priscilla she's the cutest nerd I've ever seen!!!

I'm waiting for the carpet guy to come re-stretch the carpet so I can put the furniture back. DH did his walk across the columbia river yesterday. It was 6.2 miles & he did it in 1 hr 53 min. It was a gorgeous morning too. I walked about 1.5 mi with little abby!!
I'm off to see about things--maybe scrap-- Hi to everyone, see ya later

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Mel! Welcome back friend!

Donna, yay for DH channging days, enjoy the anniv. dinner tommorow.

DH went to take our frined to his surgeon appt. Poor thing is such a needy patient. Can't imagine what he will be like after the surgery. I know what he will be like before, such a basket case.

Jeannie, you can do it. Get er done and you'll be glad its over and not looming over your head.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

....and some more....
Tekka By Scrapkaty

Wheeeeee! By Scrapkaty

got duck? By Scrapkaty

pumpkin patch kid By Scrapkaty

Thank you Santa By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

OK, just 3 more and I'm done...
the last 2 I did yesterday..still got my mojo going!

Joyful By Scrapkaty

Down on the farm By Scrapkaty

Under the Lilac tree By Scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU again!!

Terry - Thanks for volunteering for December. I will add it to the first page.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Here's one from me--for the Oct sketch...
Austin & Lilly By Abby0317

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Mel!!! Welcome back. We missed you.

Love looking at all the los. Got some good ideas.

Hello to all.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Mel - So glad you are going to be back now!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

acu

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-01-12 06:35 PM
In response to rockmom

Hi everyone

I will probably get caught up in the morning. I swear my first hour or so at work is always very productive... just not work related

Right now I'm staring at wedding photos. Trying to pick the best one of me walking down the aisle, but there isn't one that stands out most out of about 5 of them.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Vae

Good morning!

Welcome back Mel!! Good to see you again

Jeannie-not sure why his teacher wanted all the text on the back. Apparently she is not a scrapper lol. Good luck with your traffic school! a pain I'm sure but better than having your insurance go up. That is THE main reason that keeps me from speeding. Insured is expensive enough down here!

Terry-kudos to your hubby for walking 6.2 miles! And for you for the 1.5

Anna-I decided to leave the project the way it is. I keep reminding myself its not a layout lol

Got some good news about my older son. He was promoted at work-they gave him his own store and made him manager! I'm so proud of him and happy that hes happy. Of course its less likely that he'll move back to Florida-but at least hes happy

Working half a day today! Then off for a nice family dinner to celebrate our 24th anniversary

have a wonderful day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Donna - Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy your dinner. I think the teacher wanted the focus to be on the pictures rather than journaling. I think it looks just fine and the distressing really added to it.

It's another gloomy dreary day here. I HAVE to go to the grocery store, doing laundry, and definitely putting all my fall stuff today. My bay window looks to "Spring like". lol

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Happy Anniversary, Donna!

Lots of great layouts ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 10-02-12 05:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Vae

Good morning!

Welcome back Mel!! Good to see you again

Jeannie-not sure why his teacher wanted all the text on the back. Apparently she is not a scrapper lol. Good luck with your traffic school! a pain I'm sure but better than having your insurance go up. That is THE main reason that keeps me from speeding. Insured is expensive enough down here!

Terry-kudos to your hubby for walking 6.2 miles! And for you for the 1.5

Anna-I decided to leave the project the way it is. I keep reminding myself its not a layout lol

Got some good news about my older son. He was promoted at work-they gave him his own store and made him manager! I'm so proud of him and happy that hes happy. Of course its less likely that he'll move back to Florida-but at least hes happy

Working half a day today! Then off for a nice family dinner to celebrate our 24th anniversary

have a wonderful day!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

thank donna and a big

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY enjoy your dinner

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Vae

hi jarvae

Edited by tealbrand on 10-02-12 06:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

happy to be back cheryl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

miss you 2

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to tealbrand

Morning all--
Happy Anniversary Donna! Enjoy your night out!!

Jarvae--you asked about printing digi's or not. What I do with mine is to take them to Costco where they can be printed on 12x12 sheets. But to do that they need the jpg sized to 12x12. The cost is minimal. I play with them every now & again because it's different but my heart is definitely with real paper los.

Busy day & I need to get ready for it!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

a little about what i been doing
got my new computer back and still hooking thing back on so now it at&t acting up it off and on with the new neighbors getting service they mess up everyone stuff got my ipod touch updated and it took all 400 something pics off very mad and i had to reload all my video and music plus my apps that took a couple of days and aaliyah nana was sick so we had her for the whole month of sept infact she left sunday
so today me and terie is making her homecoming mums we started monday and we almost finish she looking for a parrot and a black or orange bear we have time the game is friday,oh yea plus dh was sick for about 3 week 2 much smoking and half cleaning his teeth he had to have some of his teeth out he okay but his mouth is just alittle sore maybe he will stop smoking
hope everyone has a great day it feel like fall today cool and cloudy thinking of making chilli

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Jarvae - I do not print out my digi layouts. I save them to a memory card for the frames that scroll through pics and use them that way.

Mel - We are having chili tomorrow night. It is chilly, cloudy and raining off and on here. Hard to get motivated!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya everyone.

Finally found the seeds I needed for my fall/winter garden. Now I need to get them into the ground. I have leaf lettuce, spinach, green onions, carrots, raddish, and broccoli.

Happy Anniversary, Donna! Enjoy your dinner. Sorry you son probably won;t move back. Like you said at least he is happy.

Hiya Mel, hope your DH is feeling better.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off:

Live a good life . . . enjoy it By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

I sat down to browse the different on line traffic schools that the court sent me...but oops I left the papers in another room with the info....oh well....so I came on here instead.

Anna you asked about the card I made....not hard at all. I used a piece of Websters pages round diecut pp.....cut it in half and folded like that..when folded I laid a piece of contrasting pp behind and traced the shape and cut it out and then glued it all...punched in a couple eyelets and voila. I linked GabrielleP's card on my description of the card and she explains how she made hers on her blog.

Yay for all those who are walking. Katy is living proof of how walking and cutting back on sodium works..she's lost over 20 lobs and looks great...I was so jealous of her...he have to walk up a hill and then stairs to get to the cafeteria at the retreat and she just zipped right on up and I was huffin and puffin and whinin...but food was involved so I made it....AND she looks great too. Am I following her example....nope here I sit on my fat A$$. But kudos to Katy...and everyone else getting healthy.

And Kudos to your son too Donna..way to go.

I'm gonna stop for now...my wireless mouse is doing weird things.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off again:

Love deeply By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Summer Day By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did today. I give my great niece, who is 33 empty pages for Christmas. She tells me she loves them. She has 3 adorable blonde girls.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Donna Happy Anniversary. So nice that your son got promoted.

I was gone most of the day. I didn't want to, but had stops at the library, Hobby Lobby and the grocery store. Rockford is big and it takes awhile to get around.

Happy scrappin.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off a card and then off to get chicken enchiladas and mexican cornbread in the oven.

Praying for you By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

acu

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Hi Mel...hope hubby quits smoking...and hope his mouth feels better. Have fun helping Terie with all her homecoming projects...sorry all your "electronic" woes are not over yet.

It is really hot here today..we don't have ac..only need a total of 14 days a year usually. I'm sticky...wanna scrap but I stick to the pps.

Cathe for someone who didn't want to go I see you made it worth it....Hobby Lobby..lol...anything new for you?

When I stood up my skin stuck to the chair...Hooray for summer...in October.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-02-12 05:57 PM
In response to dollscrap

Hi everyone! Am I allowed to participate! Honestly my intentions are good! I shall scramble and catch up.

Right now it is late for me and I am off to bed but wanted to say hello and thinking of you all!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Dropping off one more for tonight:

Little Man By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

(sneaks in...waves hello to everyone...drops off layouts and apologizes for the bomb)

For Wise Witches Cover By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 1-2 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 3-4 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 5-6 By DNA301

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to DNA301

For Wise Witches Pages 7-8 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 9-10 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 11-12 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 13-14 By DNA301

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! Sun is finally shining this week. Hopefully, I will get my fall decorations out today.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

doing mine this weekend cheryl need to buy stuffs
happy wed ladies it trash day here and nice and cool,my pear tree did not make it this year the summer heat kill it so we going to plant 2 apple tree when it time in it place will cbl

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

I don't have the first fall decoration outside yet. The inside is decorated as much as it is going to be.

Sun is supposed to shine here today too, Cheryl.

Thanks for info ont he card, Jeannie.

Hello to all!

Have a lovely day!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

How's everyone? It's pretty quiet here but I have to cu on some club work today, tomorrow I clean, and Fri my ds#1 is bringing the kids down to say goodbye. (wifey is not coming! Big shock there) We'll have a great time with them and I'll try not to cry.

Ashley--great book! Loved looking at all the pgs!!
Cheryl--enjoying your vacation? Love the LO's!!
Jeannie--I heard last night that you guys are having horrendous heat! We had 3 days close to 90 and now back to 70. But no rain yet. Scary...
Katy--great job losing the weight! Yea!!!
Mel--so sorry you lost the pear tree! I love pears...
Anna, Jarvae, Cathe, Tish (always welcome), Donna, Denise, ---HI!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 09:14 AM
In response to Anna C

Anna, I am doing it backwards...I am catching up in the month of October and will go back away in September!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 09:25 AM

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Thank you Cheryl-I appreciate that lol

Donna, I shall throw something at you! I am always way behind when it comes to shopping for Christmas. My intentions are good, but I have not started yet! Sadly!!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Tishd

Hiya!

Ashley, nice book you made your mom.

We have such unusually nice weather. Lows near 56 and highs in the 70s and low 80s. We are headed back toward 90 tho. I can't remember a time when we had such nice temps this early.

Terry, sorry you have to say goodbye. I know its going to be hard.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 09:49 AM
In response to rockmom

Hi Denise. It seems so strange to hear you talk of planting a garden. The gardens are done here and we are preparing for the cooler weather and frost! UGH! Today it is really nice out and I have the back door open!

I sure would enjoy having a garden right now with fresh veggies!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Terry, is this the son that has the little girl that you often scrap and scrap with? Emma?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 09:59 AM
In response to tealbrand

Hi Mel, I am so glad to see you! I lost touch with this group and have missed you all.

Sorry the Pear tree didn't make it...Good luck with the apple trees!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 10:06 AM
In response to rockmom

I think I have this month all caught up! ACU!

I am impressed with the ones of you that have been walking. Terry's hubby 6 1/2 miles, wow! and Terry 1.5 miles is impressive too. I know I need to walk more and get more exercise. Our treadmill is on the fritz but I could go up to the school track!

Katy it sounds like3 you are walking too.

Donna Happy 24th anniversary! Did you go to dinner or is that tonight. I am so glad your son got a promotion! That makes a mother feel good!

Hello to everyone else...I will slap myself and tell myself to stay caught up! Turn over a new leaf!

Dropping off a page and then I have to get busy!

Parents Weekend By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 10:11 AM
In response to Tishd

and one more from me!

Homecoming By Tishd

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Donna - I officially started Christmas shopping today!! I bought all the grandkids footed pjs. I ALWAYS buy them new pjs and then a toy or two depending on the price of what they want.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Anna--this is our oldest son Aaron with Andrew & Lauren that will be moving. Lauren does like scrapping too but since she's in Seattle I don't get to spend the time with her. She's done 2 smash books and loves that. She's 10 and he's 12:
Here's the latest photos I took & messed around with. Haven't scrapped them yet but will soon.
Andrew:
Andrew By Abby0317

Lauren:
Lauren By Abby0317
(she's my red haired, brown eyed dgd)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-03-12 01:31 PM
In response to Abby0317

Beautiful children!!!! I love the photo's!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Tishd

Those photos are terrific Terry

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Movie Star By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did this morning.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry your grandchildren are adorable. So sorry they are moving. I guess you can skype. I can't get either dgd to scrap but the 6 yr old dgs love to.

Mel sorry you lost your pear trees.

Cheryl I should find out if the kids need new pj's. Last year theirs still fit from 2010 so I didn't buy any. They've all grown a lot this past summer.

Tish - glad to see you back in here.

Have a nice evening everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Here is my attempt at a mosaic. I had a chipboard bird and thought it would be a nice big piece to try.

Mosaic bird By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off and heading to read:

100% BOY By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Boy...I am soooo behind on the chit chat!

Just wanted to pop in to say hi. Will be back in the morning to get caught up

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!

I paitently waiting for it to get light out so I can go outside and shut off the water. Apparently out water filter/softener sprouted a leak...hubby already left for work. I can't find a flashlight and can't see in the dark

Hi Tish! Welcome back! Nice to see you in here again.Just so you know...I ducked-so whatever you threw you missed!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's started Christmas shopping Cheryl. My goal is to be done by 12/1. This way we can just enjoy December with no pressure

I didn't do any fall decorating this year either Anna. I usually at least put fall leaves on my windows. This week I'll be super busy so maybe when I get back from Cozumel

Denise-your weather sounds heavenly! I hope we have a cold winter this year. We could use a break from the heat

Terry-sorry your son is moving Its so hard to say goodbye. Those pics are awesome!

Well its starting to get light...wish me luck!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I am going to my son's house this morning to watch Ryan while he mows. This afternoon I will be going with my husband to see the hematologist/oncologist. Busy day!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cherly, do you have any idea what is going with the hubbs? I hope he is ok.

Terry, your grandkids are beautiful! So sorry they are moving so far away. I am terrbile with names so very sorry I got Lauren's name mixed up. You do have an Emma, right?

Hello to everyone else.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

It is a beautiful morning, but it is going to get cold this pm. At least it's not snow!

I am keeping all 4 grandkids overnight and most of the day Friday. They are off from school. Parents need help. I'll be tired, but it will be worth it. Yep I'm getting pictures.

Have a great day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

BOO By Anna C

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-04-12 07:11 AM

Donna no need to duck, it was just a spit ball!! I didn't want to hurt you!

Good morning to everyone. Coming in to mms and see if I have layouts to catch up on before lunch!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-04-12 07:12 AM

Having all the grandchildren will be fun Cathe! Enjoy and take lots of pictures to scrap!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Tishd

Good Morning ladies!
Enjoy the grandkids Cathe!!! Should be a great fun day for you.
Tish--you & I were on Anna's pg at the very same time...I didn't think that could happen!
Donna--leaking water???? that's never good...just ask me...I had to have a $15,000 renovation in the kitchen because of that. Guess what the ins did?!!!#@#%@#$
Anna--No apologies necessary. I do have Ms Emma and she is my scrappy buddy. OBTW...what a knock out gorgeous photo you have in your gallery! Ladies go see the wagon! Stunning!!!

Quite an interesting debate last night! Anybody watch?
Off to clean the house since company comes tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Anna - I am not positive what is going on with dh. My gut feelling is that he may have cancer (which I have worried about for a year and couldn't get anyone to listen). I am sure today will be nothing but bloodwork and more waiting for answers. His hemoglobin two weeks ago was down to 9 (14-16 normal) and no obvivous bleeding going on. He has no energy, constantly sleeping, some days he eats well, others not, says he is not hungry or feels nauseated.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

I pray for your dh Cheryl, hoping it is lot less serious than you think.

Terry, Are you going to scrap those lovely pics of the grandkids.
It was quite hot for a few days...upper 90s here and 100s inland....but it went from upper 90s to low 80s yesterday and today we are back to overcast mornings and cool temps...mild though so I will take it.

Cathe have a great time with the kids.

Hi one and all. Happy Thursday.

Speaking of baseball...lol...Go Oakland Athletics!!!! I watched them all year...they were expected/supposed to lose 100 games...just a bunch of rookies... the management had gotten rid of all their best players and was trying to put together a young team with their eye on having a great team a few years down the road...but these kids just kept playing and winning and slowly crept up in the standings and on the last day of the season won the American League West division..beating the Texas Rangers who had been in first place all year. Now THAT would make a good movie (the movie Moneyball was about the 2002 Oakland Atheletics.)

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Oh my Cheryl, I do hope your DHis okay and will keep him my prayers.

Donna, you may just get your cooler winter this year. I can't believe what they have forcasted for here on Sunday and Monday.

Yeh Terry, I watched the debate last night. From my heart, I do hope my fellow Americans see that we cannot keep spending money where we don't have it and saddling our youth with an unreasonable debt.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Cheryl, I've got your DH in my prayers! I hope it isn't anything major!
Donna, are ya counting down the days? Minutes? Til you set sail?
Terry, beautiful shots of your grand kids! I expect to see them in a layout soon!
Cathe, have a great time with your grand kids....and take lots of photos!
Jeannie....those A's are amazing.....with a Capitol A's!!!! Hope the Giants do well against the Reds.....they've got their hands full!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

Cheryl, I sure hope & pray all is ok with your hubby! Be sure to let us know as soon as you can.

For Jeannie & Katy...go "A"s!! HOPE they do well in the playoffs...

Re-organized my office, cleaned the bedrooms & baths now onto to lr, dining room, & kitchen. Finally got the transition piece from the new hardwood floor to the carpet down & the carpet fixed too. Yippee...now all the furniture can go back. Off to finish...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Well, we are back from the doctor's office. The doctor said nothing just "stuck out" at him. So, he said he will run a bunch of tests to see what he can come up with. We also has scheduled a bone marrow biopsy for Wednesday afternoon. After, that we will see him again on the 22nd for results. I'm exhausted!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Praying for good results. Get some rest, Cheryl.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Scrapping relieves stress for me. Here is one I just finished:

boys will be boys By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is a digi desktop wallpaper I made tonight!!

Happy Halloween By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Here's one from me.....I need a better pic of it.
Jeanne Marie By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!! I have been up since 6:20 when I could be sleeping in since I'm on vacation. Couldn't sleep, decided to get up and have some Almond Joy coffee and finish my book. Now, I have laundry in the washer, ribs in the crockpot, oatmeal made for dh and ready to scrap.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning and TGIF!

Oh Cheryl, I do hope and pray you and your dh are not facing such a serious health problem. I truly pray that it is something very minor and that some meds can make him all well again. Praying for good news!

Terry, thanks for the photo comment. I actually like that wagon in color and bnw too. One of these days I will get it scrapped!

Donna, you all packed and ready?

Weather here is absolutely beautiful! Upper 80s, windows are up and open and to think two weeks ago we were dealing with cold temps and frost. However, the weatherman says we are in for a shock come Sunday/Monday when rain moves in and a big cold front behind and once the rain moves out we can expect a killer frost. I worked outside till dark last night cleaning out my flower beds/pots and cleaning the deck and getting most of the deck furniture and grill ready for the winter. It was just too pretty to be inside and I hate to those chores in the cold!

Hello to the rest of the gang!

Be back later to drop two off.

Edited by Anna C on 10-05-12 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning! Cold here but due to be 80--we are having such a prolonged summer. No rain yet!

Cheryl--I'm sure your are pretty frustrated with the "no news--more tests" stuff. But maybe that's a good sign too! Sure hope so...
Anna--I can't wait to see a LO with the wagon in it. Next year I have to design a commerative tee shirt for Kansas & I want to use sunflowers, a wagon, and an antique aeromotor wind mill pump.
I'm pretty excited about it.
Denise--I couldn't agree more...I can just imagine the fallout if I spent 1000 times more what was in my bank acct!
Donna--getting ready & packing yet?
Cathe--how was the day with the kids?

Well I need to get groceries & mop the floor. Hi to all....have a great Friday!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

d20
***FUNTOOLAS OCTOBER KIT*** WEDDING DAY By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS OCTOBER KIT*** LOVE By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Terry - The Halloween project I posted was for a desktop wallpaper. I had never created one before with PSE and was excited to learn how and enter the challenge!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Anna re: your sweet comment on my Jeanne Marie layout...thank you..My mother named me Jeanne Marie after a friend and that is what she wanted me to be called...never happened...Dad always had nicknames for us that stuck and mine was Jeannie...which I prefer..and so I added the i as teen so people would stop calling me Jean...and now it is my legal name. My folks were the only ones who used Jeanne Marie and only when I was in trouble.

Good morning everyone.

I see industrious people out there...putting me to shame..I didn't get anything done yesterday except a few basic chores cuz I wanted to scrap.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Hiya everyone!

Yesterday I got some daylillies moved making room to plant some blackberry bushes in January. Need to find a spot to move some more to. Gardening takes so much time I gave it up while I was homeschooling the kids and working. Homegrown food tastes so much better and is cheaper in the long run but the time commitment is great. Problem is now my PVCs sometimes act up after I have worked so hard. Not always but I have to do it in little snatches that takes even more time. Oh well, I have time just not getting any scrappy in.

Donna, ready to sail away?

The DGDs were on their way to the gym yesterday when they saw a flight of birds migrating. Their mom overheard the older one explaining to the yonger that the the bird at the front had to take the wind and work hard but after a while it would fall back to the end of the "V" where there is no wind resistance and its a place where they can rest. The little one was looking up and nodding her head in all seriousness.

Their mom asked the older one where she learned that at. DGD relied that her Poppy had taught her about "the flight mechanics of migratory birds." Their mom mentioned it to DH and he said that it had been a long time ago, several years in fact. Kinda funny what little ones take in.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI and MMS

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics