Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: do you have something you never used? what?        (Topic#1581499)
Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

what is it?

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to Kathy Edwards

Horrible to say but my cricut i have had for two years. It was the last gift from my mom before she died and then life became busy after she died. I intend on changing that this weekend its out and plugged in to do some pages from vegas

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-06-12 08:22 AM
In response to Debbie2006

Haha, ONE thing?? I'd say the item that I'm most itching to try but haven't had a chance yet is the set of metallic Distress stains that are sitting here on my table. I haven't even taken the plastic wrap off them yet!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to stick

My 300 sheets of new paper that came a few days ago! I am hoping to change that today!

Veteran
In response to Pouncedeleon

My crop a dile.

Edited by SHARON ELISE on 10-06-12 08:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to SHARON ELISE

My newest Cricut cartridges - Pack Your Bags and Gingerbread.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Mulan05

My Cinch. It's been in the box for well more than a year.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kamananui

I have some ribbons that I've never used...I buy pretty or cute ribbons but I hardly ever use ribbon on my layouts....
I also have some stamps that I've never used, some papers, some markers....lots of little things!

I'm going to get rid of them in a LSS garage sale this fall...

Alison

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Kamananui

My Tattered Angels mist.
I bought a bottle about 2 years ago and have never used it!
I wonder if it's even any good anymore. Well, I guess it doesn't matter because I can't find the darn thing!

Expert
In response to Doreena

The fastenator....have had it for at least 5 yrs...never used it..never could find a place to use it.

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to deedee49

Tons of stickers, I buy cute little emblishments thinking of a cute layout, and they are still in the pack...and i have some buttons i got for a dollar of all colors and ive never used them either. :/ I have good intentions, but get so busy and forget about them.... :/ need to fix that and get back into scrapping

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

go for ti an use that cricut you will love ti I go to a class where we learn new thing to do with it!!! good luck

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to stick

got them today and use them soo cool!!! go for ti!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

300 pieces fo paper get to cutting !!! LOL

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to SHARON ELISE

sorry mine too I use it one in a blue moon!!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Mulan05

sound yummy put some Gingerbread in those bags

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Kamananui

don't have one make some book for friends.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to kiyawinn

OK lots of little things we need to do some serous scraping to do. I have the same thing going on in my room!!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Doreena

OK LOL LOL stop looking and it will show up

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to ellybug312

we need to do some serous scraping to do. I have the same thing going on in my room

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to deedee49

not sure what this is??? The fastenator

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

Thanks I had fun keep them coming!!! some times I just need to get out of the gallery!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I have two sets of Lindy's...and they aren't cheap, but I'm afraid to use them. I have a set of paint, then just got a set of embossing powder. The embossing powder I have an excuse for...it just arrived today, but who knows when I'll ever use it.

I have a Creatopia that I never use. I know it works, but the way I'm situated right now, it's too hard to get out and my little Cuttlebug lives right at my feet, so it's much handier.

I have several nesties I've never used. Lots of stickles I haven't used, but I have all the colors and just haven't needed to use them all yet...but I will.

Lots of other things. I tend to use the same stuff over & over since it takes less brain power than learning how to use the new stuff. Shopping is so much easier than figuring out how to use what I buy~Judy

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 10-06-12 02:53 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I bought a set of chalks from Michaels for $3 about six months ago - it's still in its wrapper, but I don't feel too bad about that since it was so cheap. And I was DYING to have the sew ribbon, but I haven't taken that out yet either.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to J-M

I wand the sew ribbon. please use ti i want see it!!!! as for the chalks get a a temple and go crazy!!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Some Sizzix dies, and one of my two sets of Spellbinders.

CarrieTS
Tenant
CarrieTS

I have several sets of acrylic stamps that I just had to have and have never used them. I am gonna be doing a card crop soon and I hope to break these out and make good use of them. I also have several embossing powders that I got thinking it would be my new thing to do and havent touched them other than to look at them and think such pretty colors...

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to CarrieTS

I also have a Zutter binder that I thought would be neat to have. Haven't used it once in the couple of years I've had it.~Judy

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to mrsdriver5

I started a thread a few weeks back about my unused cuttlebug...I have owned it for at least 6 months and only just tried it this week in a LO. It was nice, but I need more embossing folders and some dies to make it really worth the while, and $$$ is so tight right now, that's not gonna happen. I bought a bone folder, dont make cards; bought lots of pink themed paper (cause its my favorite color) and I have a boy; circus-themed paper and we've never been to a circus but might someday...tons of stamps and no ink pads (!). Stupid stuff, that I will maybe do someday, things I have heard others rave about and have to have...and on and on... What can I say, I like to feed my addictions for shopping and scrapping.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Juansmom

Martha Stewart scoring board/kit. I do plan to learn about it and use it. I've only had it two years!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to wilbur

i can't even begin to name them. But i have alot of embellishments, glimmer mists, ppr and paint that have not been touched.I've had that score board for a year, still untouched in the package.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Mia1979

I have a few paper packs I haven't opened yet (Bo Bunny Apple Cider, Basic Grey Clippings) as well as my new metallic stains ... and quite few different mud puddles remain unopened

oh, and the smash book kit I bought from HSN almost 2 years ago is still in its box

It will all get used eventually

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to madmatter

Oh and the Slice Fabrique I bought on hsn earlier this year, still in the box, never used. Several ppr pads never used...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

About 40 jars of MIcro Glitter at $7.00 a jar.

So far I have played with my embossing folders but haven't actaully used one yet.

Twinkling H2Os - bought a ton of those. Never used them.

I have about 12 Cricut Cartridges, only used 3.

Bought tons of Fiskars, MS and Success punches and border punches. Used about 10% of them.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

Oh yeah, three Cricut cartridges came with my machine, but I've never used them. I need one in the machine so SCAL works, but I've never cut anything with a cartridge. As far as paper, well yeah...lots of that I haven't used, which explains the big stack(s) of paper :>) Lots of stamps and ink pads, but I think I've used one stamp...but I keep buying them. Lots of good intentions, but never enough time~Judy

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

A few cricut cartridges never used.
The cricut Juke box.
The fastenator, I used it only once.
Martha Stewart scoring board/kit, still in the pkg.
The spellbinder Wizzard machine.
Fiskars shape cutter with the templates.
A whole set of Paper Edger Scissors - Set of 12 Pattern Edgers with Oak Stand.

Im sure there are more things but this is what I could think of now.

Edited by armygirl on 10-07-12 03:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-07-12 07:35 AM
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Haha, ONE thing?? I'd say the item that I'm most itching to try but haven't had a chance yet is the set of metallic Distress stains that are sitting here on my table. I haven't even taken the plastic wrap off them yet!

Well to start with: this.

Lots of dies.

some stencils and masks and inks and and and and...
yeah I guess it is all true.

Yesterday I picked up some gesso so I want to try that too.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to GMFTS

-Sissix Original Red BigKick...It's been 4 years and counting. Still in original package. Also, a lot of embossing folders and embossing powders to go with it (still wrapped!)

-A brand new heat gun

-3 McGill Scallop squares punches

-1 Cuttlebug Olivia Alpha die set

-3 set of Cuttlebug dies

Sizzix BigKick By GIGIGI30

Punches By GIGIGI30

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to GIGIGI30

Well, let's see.......I have a TON of stamps I have not used ....YET. I know I will though because I know why I purchased them. Thing is, I want More! I can definitly buy faster than I can use!

Tenant
In response to wilbur

There is a whole shop full of stuff in my room not used yet.....or only used once or twice.

I have a fastenator....what a waste of $$$
I have a zutterbind it all........don't think I have made one mini albumn with it
I have an I rock tool......where is that now? I just glue the little gems on....much quicker
Slice elite............it drives me nuts.......never cuts properly.....so cards that have never been used.....
Vagabond.....never used......but it only arrived last week. ( why do they sell them with no cord? Seems madness to me.....but it will get a test drive this week if I can find the correct cord to plug him in!!)

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to kiwifarmer

• kiwifarmer Said:
There is a whole shop full of stuff in my room not used yet.....or only used once or twice.

I have a zutterbind it all........don't think I have made one mini albumn with it
I have an I rock tool......where is that now? I just glue the little gems on....much quicker
Slice elite............it drives me nuts.......never cuts properly.....so cards that have never been used.....
Vagabond.....never used......but it only arrived last week. ( why do they sell them with no cord? Seems madness to me.....but it will get a test drive this week if I can find the correct cord to plug him in!!)

I have nver heard of something not being sold without a cord. I think if it didn't come with a cord, I wouldn't buy it. Ridiculous!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I have a hot glue gun and glue sticks still in the packet. I'm kind of scared of it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Sounds like me and my creme brulee torch Rosey. Its been in the wrapper or box for about 10 years.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Ah. Yes. I have one of those too, that DH got me for my birthday last year. Still in the packet....

cshortel
Guru
cshortel

Vinyl - I'm going to try it as soon as I get a chance, but I've had it for over a year.

Chalkboard paper that I had to have.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I've got TWO Cropodiles. One I bought and one was a gift from someone who didn't know I had one already. Both are still in the package unused.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
Martha Stewart scoring board/kit. I do plan to learn about it and use it. I've only had it two years!

I've got one of those, too, that I've never used. I've also got tons of acrylic stamps, wood-mounted rubber stamps, and unmounted rubber stamps. I've also got nesties and a Grand Calibur that are still virgins cause I'm askeered and intimidated. Pitiful.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

• Henri Jean Said:
Sounds like me and my creme brulee torch Rosey. Its been in the wrapper or box for about 10 years.

My handy-dandy kitchen torch! I love it! I torch creme brulee and bananas foster and toast meringue with it. I could probably use it to roast marshmallows. The only thing that intimidates me is refilling it. But once that's done, I torch everything in sight

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to meezerpleaser

Isn't it funny how one scrapper's dustpile is another's go-to tool ...

I LOVE my MS scoring board and my crop-a-dile

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to madmatter

I love my Crop-a-dile too! It is one of my must-have tools.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

My fastenator!! I really wanted the thing, got home with it, tried it twice, and haven't used it since. It didn't staple the way a normal stapler does, and it made bigger holes than a regular stapler.
Color me unimpressed with it!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

• kiwifarmer Said:

What?? They are sold with no cord? That makes no sense...because of that, it is off my maybe list

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to HisGEM

I just HAD to have a Silhouette. Used it twice. Then 2 months later I went digital. My husband is still quite crabby about that one.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to HisGEM

Unused stuff:
Crazy colors of distress stains I had to have
Flocking powders
Sizzix dies from back in the day

I really really want!!!
The Cinch I make a ton of mini albums and I'm wanting one really badly just saving my pennies!!(:

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat

My Slice... I use it to try it out... and never used any thing I cut out that day... I guess I just need to sell it. :/

But i also hardly ever use Buttons , ribbon and eyelets. And have tons of them... :/

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

In regards to the Vagabond...Open the compartment on the end, it is made especially to store the cord. It is the end opposite of the side where the power cord is plugged in.

Resident

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • kiwifarmer Said:

I have nver heard of something not being sold without a cord. I think if it didn't come with a cord, I wouldn't buy it. Ridiculous!

Odd mine came with its cord... although I have had it for a year and a half that thing runs constantly

Resident
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
Isn't it funny how one scrapper's dustpile is another's go-to tool ...

I LOVE my MS scoring board and my crop-a-dile

Me too!! My MS scoring board is so used the thing looks horrible!! I have lines drawn on it... and ya I couldnt go without it... althought the bone folder that comes with it is garbage

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
  • kiwifarmer Said:

What?? They are sold with no cord? That makes no sense...because of that, it is off my maybe list

As someone else explained below this post, the cord is stored in a compartment on the opposite end of the machine from where it would plug in.

Diva

Stickers and chipboard.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to bayamonesa1

I remembered this post when I got home last night and looked to see what I had that was egregiously unused. Staring me in the face (and taking up lots o' room) was the Sizzix Big Shot, which I bought at a LSS garage sale about 6 years ago. Haven't used it once.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Stickles. I keep saying one day I'll try them if they aren't all dried up!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I couldn't scrap without my Big Shot!!

Flocking powder....forgot all about that stuff!!
I think I bought some in every colour and never used it....i never really understood what to do with it...now it's sitting in my "to be sold" pile.....

Alison

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to kiyawinn

Ive got the sew things ive never used -- but I truley plan to for part of my sb friends christmas gifts

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

Yep... definately do not use my Cricut.. And especially so now I have a Cuttlebug which I just Love...

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

Well for me it would have to be Embossing Powders. They looked like such a great idea at the time of purchase but I just don't seem to get around to using them.

And Ribbons.... and yet I keep buying them. So pretty all the colours and patterns. My BF and scrap buddy is always on my back about using them and you can be sure every challenge kit she makes me , yup theres a stash of ribbons.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to fknapoleon

• Kendraj78 Said:
My fastenator!! I really wanted the thing, got home with it, tried it twice, and haven't used it since. It didn't staple the way a normal stapler does, and it made bigger holes than a regular stapler.
Color me unimpressed with it!

I could never get that thing to line up right, so I use the fastenator staples without the fastenator. Just push them through the paper (you may have to poke a starter hole in thicker paper), then fold back the ends like you would a brad.

My never used items include a few foam stamps, some glitter, a texture hammer and paddle punches.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Oh yeah - and those little bugs that poke sewing holes in paper? I dont remember the names, but they were little pink spotted bugs sold 2 in a pack. Never used.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Kim222

I hate using Embossing Powders and have so meany!!!!

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

I have no idea what a rock tool is!

Yes, I have a Fiskars Crimper, my mother-in-law let me borrow that actually belongs to my sister-in-law. I think I will use it.

Stamps...I know I will use and how I will use them but have not yet.

I never buy anything without having an idea of how I will most likely use it.

Diva
In response to CrimsonMama

I didn't buy it but I was given lots of eyelets. Never use it!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

my xyron. i've had it for over 6 years and never opened it. if someone wants to buy it, PM me.

leebla
leebla 6
Queen
leebla

• kiwifarmer Said:

Gotta ask....did you look in the compartment on the side of the machine where you are supposed to store the cord?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 02:44 PM
In response to leebla

This is a funny thread.

I kind of went crazy over the summer buying a bunch of stuff. Some stuff I planned to use, others I saw a video or something and wanted to try it but didn't. But most of the things I don't use (tools) are because they were on clearance, I had to have them, but don't really need them.

My xyron has never been used, nor has my X. I got a set of circle cutters and used it once. I have a bunch of cricut carts still waiting for the perfect LO. I keep buying chipboard, but I'm intimidated on how to paint it or whatever and worried I'll ruin it. I have some perfect pearls, still in the packaging for 6+ months. I don't really buy stamps but I have picked up a few that I had ideas for, and haven't used them. I picked up some colored craft wire... haven't used it either.

I do have tons of embellies and papers and stuff but I don't really count that because I like to have a stash so I don't have to go to the store all the time.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Vae

OK now go use it!!!!

obadiah
Queen
obadiah

My Gypsy! I HATE IT!!!! I just thank the stars that it was a gift and I didn't shell out for it. Com'on a 74 page downloadable booklet. And, I still don't know how to "meld" letters for words!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to obadiah

I really don't like my Gypsy very much either. I've welded a little bit with it but it is so cumbersome.

I have a friend who uses her constantly and makes beautiful things with it but she understands it much better than I do I guess.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

I made this with my Gypsy keep playing with it!!!!

Edited by Kathy Edwards on 10-11-12 09:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I love my gypsy. I don't use my cricut at all without it.
I watched a couple of videos on you tube to figure out some stuff.
Welding really is easy once you get it. Type 2letters. Scoot one of them over so it's touching the other one. On the second tab, hit the weld button, then the eyeball to see it. What's grey should be where the letters touched. The grey parts don't cut.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

Kathy, I am sooo jealous of your crossword page...it is so awesome!! I just may have to scraplift some or all of this!!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Juansmom

I got the gypsy when it first launched, tried to figure it out, got frustrated, and then put it away ...

fast forward TWO years, a lovely lady on this site got a gypsy, fell in love with it and talked about the amazing things she could do with it ...

I mentioned my frustration with the thing, she pm'ed me and I gave her my phone number ... she then called me and gave me a fantastic phone tutorial

Fast forward to today ... I still don't use it as much as I could, but I find it very helpful for certain things, and still bring it to my crops

I think youtube is one of the best resources for tutorials ... written instructions just don't do it ... if you see it in action, you'll be a maven in know time

Diva
In response to Juansmom

what a wonderful page as a crrosword item. So creative...and the colors are so amazing!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

Kathy - I'm behind on gallery love for you and will get over there in the next few days - leaving town in an hour or less so it may be first of the week when I get back (my mom doens't have internet).

Love the crossword layout - absolutely love it!

I definitely want to "lift" this but don't guarantee results like yours! Yours is gorgeous!

Diva

Enjoy your cruise!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Madmatter - that's awesome! People on here just rock. I love this site!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Juansmom

I love my Gypsy!! we have a club that meats every month it help have help!!! and we get use our friends cartridges!!! I must of cut 14 of my crossword lay out when I was done every pinched to get me a new blade that was so nice!!! Thanks!!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

Thanks!!! I going to make those cool windows that are show up no LO!!! crossword is just a bunch squares the hard part is the photos!!!! lots of computer work!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Juansmom

When I first got my Gypsy I made LOs with my grand kids and they where awful, and they love them so keep trying!!!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

My circle cutter. I don't have very much success with it. I think you are supposed to use a glass cutting mat, and I still haven't bought one. I am happy with the mat i have, and I can't justify the cost of a glass mat for something I don't use.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to jaspernonyx

Yes - but I just used it today!!!
I had a Spellbinders set called Witches' Brew that I won when it was released. I used the shoes on this card

Boo! By Here Kitty

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• jaspernonyx Said:
My circle cutter. I don't have very much success with it. I think you are supposed to use a glass cutting mat, and I still haven't bought one. I am happy with the mat i have, and I can't justify the cost of a glass mat for something I don't use.

I use a glass cutting board, but you could also use the glass from a picture frame (edges taped). Just make sure you buy one a little larger than your largest circle.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-13-12 06:43 PM
In response to Juansmom

It seems to me that you don't really need the gypsy if you use the Cricut Craft Room on the computer, right? I can weld and all that kind of stuff from here. Is there anything the gypsy can do that craft room can't?

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Kim222

Kim222: thanks!

I also do not use the Bowdabra bow-making thing that I got months ago!

Edited by jaspernonyx on 10-14-12 02:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Vae

yes!!! you must choose one or the other. cricut carters will only lode ones so craft room or gypsy. I can't always use my computer so the gypsy is good for me

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

good luck with the cutter!!! The bow-making thing LOL I could never finger that one out!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Here Kitty

That is so cool scary!!!!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams

This thread is so funny!

I have some of the same unused stuff, and some of the stuff ya'll have posted as never having used I couldn't do without!

My never used:
- Fascinator

- Mists (but I keep buying them, and even made a few of my own - what's up with that?)

-Stamps (but those, I will use. Just haven't had the right page.)

-Cricut cartridges (again, I will, just haven't had the right page)

-Doodlebug flock (what was I thinking?! I doubt this will ever get used, but I can't seem to part with it)

Maybe we need a "use the stuff you have unopened" challenge or something!

Cricutgirlg
Guru
Cricutgirlg
In response to Seaside Dreams

Several Cricut cartridges, glitter, a card kit I bought in Aug. I spent $14.95 and I don't even understand why I bought it. I'm going to a convention later this week and I will not allow myself to buy stuff like this again.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

good idea for "use the stuff you have unopened" forum! I tried use it -OK find some thing you don't use and make a lay out,card,or whatever!!!! yes go BANANAS no one said anything what was I thinking

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

Yes I will use my stamps and Cricut cartridges I haven't used!!! Doodlebug flock would love to see this and learn how to use. oh no help I just might go buy it and NEVER USE IT!!! LOL

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics