Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: November Lets Share -Closed and Scrapping        (Topic#1582013)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 06:00 AM

Hi!

I have been away from scrapping and here a really long time! But I have finally got the bug back and am scrapping. So I decided I would start a “challenge” thread, make some new friends and get reacquainted with some old ones.

I used to host a few challenges and thought I would try again. I want to start out with something simple. I’m calling this “Let’s Share”. I hope people will want to play!!

The challenge, if you will, is to make a layout and simply share with us your favorite thing on that layout. Be it a tool you used (punch, silhouette…) or the paper you used. Maybe it’s a technic you did (if so, feel free to tell us how you did it!) Maybe it’s the design of the page itself. Maybe, if you’re like me, you favorite thing is you managed to use more than just one pattern of pattern paper.

START POSTING October 29

Rules:

1. You can post more than one layout. (Please no flooding)
2. Give us good details. Not just I like the stamp I used. Why? Is there something special you did?
3. If you lifted the design and that’s what you like, make sure you give credit.
4. Be sure to share love. Everyone Loves Love!!

I am going to limit the number of participants to 12. This should keep us from being overwhelmed.

Thanks!

1. Me – of course
2. GMFTS - Mary
3. Jill
4. Doreen
5. Marcilb - Marci
6. MommaSaid - Anne
7. NMScrapper - Carol
8. Rhondatx
9. Flintridgescrapper - Judy
10. MelissaSmith - Melissa
11. GentlewoodFarms - Pat
12. Dollscraps

Edited by KimKV on 10-30-12 04:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-24-12 06:09 AM
In response to KimKV

Hey Kim - good challenge idea.
Sign me up!
I have been pushing myself lately to not only use up supplies (the Hoarders challenge is great for that) but to use tools etc that I have but rarely use or try techniques that I always meant to try.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 06:15 AM
In response to GMFTS

Ok.

Hoarders challenge you say? I think I may have been a hoader looking at all the stuff I have!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

I am in Kim, love this idea!
Hoarders...hmmmm....Mary I may need to check that out too!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to jaxxan

Oh wow I've been trying to use up a lot of my supply too!!! In fact a layout I created last night, just posted, is made of mostly items that are approximately 10 years old!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 07:08 AM
In response to Doreena

Hi Doreen, nice to meet you! Glad you joined.

Hi ya Jill.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-24-12 07:15 AM
In response to KimKV

Hey if you all want a challenge to stack with this I am going to shamelessly promote this one:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15819...

Come join us.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 08:18 AM
In response to GMFTS

Promote away!! Well check it later.

Just got off the phone with cell phone company. Some dipship has been trying to send a fax to my cell phone, the other day I was at lunch with a friend and seriously I bet it tried over a dozen times! And it comes up unknown. Started again today. So I added a feature that lets you block calls like that.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to KimKV

Oops! I'm a dork! This is a November challenge! Okay I removed my layout since I created it in October.
Sorry!

Edited by Doreena on 10-24-12 10:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 11:28 AM
In response to Doreena

That's ok, you were just practicing.

Also if anyone checking this out is interested my JAFF (Just A Few Friends) is looking for some fun new friends

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15820...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to KimKV

Hi Kim...I'll try it out!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 01:36 PM
In response to MarciLB

Hi Marci! Glad yo have you.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to KimKV

Okay, in October, I bit off more than I could chew and didn't finish ANY challenges. But this, I think I can manage.... assuming I make any pages at all in November, I'm in.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-28-12 04:39 AM
In response to MommaSaid

Great!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

I'd like to try this!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to NMscrapper

Kim...It's 2 hrs shy of Monday so I am going to start if that's ok...maybe it will get others to join!!!!
Banana Cream Pie By Marcilb

First of all--I hate that spray sh-t (that's what I call it!) but I used it and had a little fun-just a little! lol....but most of all I was just happy to do this LO of a lady that has enhanced my life even though it is supposed to be the opposite since I visit her on a volunteer basis and she can rarely get out...I have had the honor of knowing her for 5 years now--she has more lives than a cat and is 89 right now...so I totally enjoyed building this LO around her...and I lost about 2 hours.....
Is this the type of discussion you are looking for in this challenge?

Thanks for looking and reading!

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx
In response to MarciLB

I would love to be a part of this challenge.

Marci - I think your mist spray looks great. I only have one bottle of mist spray but definitely want to get more.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Rhondatx

I would love to join if I may. This sounds like fun.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Marci, I noticed that mist on your layout. I've tried that stuff, and mine always looks like a big mess when I get done! You done a great job!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Marci - I'm with you on the spray @#%&. I just don't get it and can't do it, though I keep trying!! You did great here. She looks so happy.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 04:57 AM

Well done Marci! That is exactly the type of info I want to see.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to KimKV

Yes...what IS it about that spray %&*%!!!!!What IS to like about it!!!!...thanks for the compliments but guess what?-that butterfly is covering up a B*L*O*B of that junk!!!!...anyone have suggestions on falling in love with that spray STUFF???!!!

melissasmith
Veteran
melissasmith
In response to MarciLB

Is there room for me? I would love to join in!

Thanks!
Melissa

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 08:46 AM
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
Yes...what IS it about that spray %&*%!!!!!What IS to like about it!!!!...thanks for the compliments but guess what?-that butterfly is covering up a B*L*O*B of that junk!!!!...anyone have suggestions on falling in love with that spray STUFF???!!!

Isn't that what stickers are for?!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 08:47 AM
In response to KimKV

Sure is room for you Melissa. But are you stalking me?? Just kidding. You're stalking Mary.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 08:51 AM
In response to KimKV

Ok, here my first share:

Happy Birthday By KimKV

What I like about this spread:

Page one is a Pagemap. I don't usually do single picture pages, I was glad to find that pagemap.

I also like that I fought the overwhelming urge to mat at least one picture.

And I really like the paper and stickers that I used. The Happy Birthday actually was 12" long and I cut the second Happy Bday off. Same with the balloons.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to KimKV

Is it too late? I just saw this challenge..sounds fun and intersting.

melissasmith
Veteran
melissasmith
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Sure is room for you Melissa. But are you stalking me?? Just kidding. You're stalking Mary.

I must be stalking you, girl! I swear it's just coincidence

melissasmith
Veteran
melissasmith
In response to KimKV

It's really cute, Kim! Bright and fun. What were the title letters? Cute.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to melissasmith

Kim, that's so cute! I just love PageMaps! I don't know how I could scrap without them.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

oh--I think Kim's BG paper is the perfect option to that spray stuff!!! lol!!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
  • Marcilb Said:

Isn't that what stickers are for?!

Yep, and lace and rub-ons! I'm working on one now that's a lift of Finnabair, so I'm up to my @#$$ in spray stuff. Good thing Finn is a grunge artist. You can finesse a spray mistake with lots of things, and it looks like you meant to do it, LOL! Marci - When I post, look for the square seashell!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. If there is room, please add me.

I have about a zillion Italy photos to scrap - some of them are definitely my favorites!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 04:31 AM
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Gottcha added Pat. Welcome!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 04:43 AM
In response to KimKV

So I am trying to decide what is the best way to make sure everyone's layouts get attention. I thought about just putting them on the first page, like any other challenge. But what if we all get crazy motivated and scrap like 10 or 15 layouts a piece!! That would be one looooooong post. So I think I will just do this.

Most recent layouts:

Banana Cream Pie By Marcilb

Happy Birthday By KimKV

Then after we get a few more I will make a post with those in it. Ok??

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to KimKV

Here's a layout I completed last night.

Happiness By Flintridgescrapper

My husband of 23 years knows how much I want to have a new picture each year for our Christmas card, so last week, on his vacation, we took a day & went to a state park near our house. We spent quite a while there, just trying to get the perfect shot. This is not the picture I'm using, but it is one of my favorites from the day. The lighting on the picture of my layout is off, but I love how the picture turned out.

Another reason I really like this is that I have just discovered the Simple Stories line of papers. Where, oh where, has it been all my life?? I love the embellishments that come with the collections. This is from the Harvest Lane collection, and I love it!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I'm jealous! My husband refuses to take pictures! It has been a struggle to get him to take any in the almost 13 years that we have been together but now it's pretty much impossible!!! He thinks he's fat and ugly! Really?! DId I marry a girl? LOL!

:: oh well...
I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 08:32 AM
In response to Doreena

Does sound like something a girl would say! I'm the one that hates my picture taken, my son doesn't either.

Hey do any of you have a Slice?

Edited by KimKV on 10-30-12 08:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I'm jealous! My husband refuses to take pictures! It has been a struggle to get him to take any in the almost 13 years that we have been together but now it's pretty much impossible!!! He thinks he's fat and ugly! Really?! DId I marry a girl? LOL!

:: oh well...
I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Men are so funny! I won't post a layout or anything of anybody else unless I've first asked permission. So I asked him this morning about posting it, and he immediately said something to the effect of "I don't want my picture on there for everybody to see!" So I was cool with that, and then in a little bit he comes back and says, ok, go ahead & post!

Not me, Kim. I have a Cricut.

melissasmith
Veteran
melissasmith

I want to share this one. I love it for a reason you didn't mention, but we rarely see family. This was a vacation for the first time with lots of them and it touched my heart to see my girls with their relatives having a ball! So that's the first reason.

The second reason is because it has lots of my favorite photos on there - eight I think. I had a collage printed through Walgreens and used those pictures inside the journal cards and kind of embellished each card and "sewed" them together, although I simply just didn't cut them up.

The last reason I love this one is because when I was done, I wanted to frame it. I had a tacky gold plastic frame, but I did like the design on it. So I painted it with primer and aged it a bit.

So those are my reasons

Teresa Collins Tell Your Story collection By Melissasmith

Thanks for looking!

Melissa

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-30-12 10:40 AM
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:

I used to feel that way and now I just go ahead and use it...and every time I get near an LSS I buy more. I have a pretty good collection of all sorts but I am sure I can do better. LOL?

I say let the blobs be part of the lo...it makes it interesting. I do know that if you can hold the paper vertically and spray from farther away you are less likely to get a mess. Notice I said 'likely". LOL

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to GMFTS

10 Weeks on Earth By Marcilb

I did this for Nov SCRAP THAT Sketch by Amarylis...she put it on here a couple of days ago but she really wants you to go to SCRAP THAT and upload it...I just loved her sketch so much I had to do it....I have a hard time using up a lot of flowers at one time (the hoarder in me!) so here I consider that I did just that!...I also used my fav cart of late---Elegant Edges for Cricut....I am redoing an old photo album racked by acid that my mother made me long ago....I always did 99% of my pages for and about others which I do enjoy most...but I started doing me with the Heritage challenges by Martica as I never did anything "old" before (YEP I am old!LOL)
TFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-30-12 12:40 PM
In response to MarciLB

Here is one I did for the gallery inspiration challenge that I would like to share just because I had so much fun doing it (it is a lift of a wonderful lo by DRYCHA).
This month's twist is to scrap a story/novel you could/would write.
I finally scrapped this story that I have had in mind to do for a long time.

The Day the Moon burped and other true tales of the Muggins family By GMFTS

I enjoyed thinking of different ways to do the stars - stamped, masked, diecuts and finding just the right moons to use.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 01:00 PM
In response to GMFTS

WOHOO!! Look at use go!!!

Melissa, your reasons for liking that page were perfect! I loved it.

I have one I wasn't going to post, but decided since it gave me such a pain I would. But it will be tomorrow, lighting not so good right now!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 01:09 PM
In response to KimKV

The newest!!

Teresa Collins Tell Your Story collection By Melissasmith

Happiness By Flintridgescrapper

10 Weeks on Earth By Marcilb

The Day the Moon burped and other true tales of the Muggins family By GMFTS

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to melissasmith

Sorry Kim, I have a Cricut.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Melissa...love your reasons...does your family live far away?
Doreena...I just chuckled out loud about what your DH said!!!
Mary...I will try the vertical thing...............next time!!!.....I guess there WILL be a next time.....
Kim...no slice!...

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-31-12 03:34 AM
In response to MarciLB

I have a Silhouette, love it! But I a slice too, why? Beats me! Was trying to use the other day and it's acting up. Guess I will have to call for help. Been so long since I used some of this stuff, can't remember all the tips and tricks for when they misbehave!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 03:29 AM
In response to KimKV

Hello lo lo lo!!! Anybody out there???

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

City in Despair By NMscrapper

Here is one I'd like to share. It was created for the Gallery Inspiration challenge, and the original was picked for me from my Favorites by the person who signed up after me. I dearly love anything Finnabair, so my Favorites is filled with her work. I've always thought I'd try her wonderful grunge style someday, but I got firmly pushed over the edge and knee deep into grunge when I was given her lovely layout "Vanity" to lift, LOL!

I love this page because I discovered not only many new and different techniques, but some things about myself as well.

As Marci and I discussed earlier, misting is a four-letter word, so why I like Finn is beyond me! I sprayed this, added more stuff, sprayed again, masked something, sprayed again, tore something off, sprayed again, rearranged stuff to cover the blobs, glued down more junk and sprayed yet again! And finally walked away only to return and spray again! The final result still makes my stomach twist!

In some ways, I loved the freedom of just doing it if it felt good. It was liberating to add elements where they don't usually belong and douse the whole thing with mist. It was daunting to create layers that aspired to beauty from ill-assorted "things." The mechanics are easy, the thought process is mind boggling!

From this, along with misting(!), I learned that I'm basically an orderly person who expects certain things to act in certain ways. I'm sort of stuck on symmetry, and things out of their usual order make me nervous. This project took a week to complete, and I finally just had to call a halt and say "enough, already." If not for that I'd probably still be misting!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 07:53 AM

Carol that was a laugh fest to read!!!

I am anal as well!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to KimKV

This is also for the Gallery Inspiration Challenge.

A Love Story By Flintridgescrapper

This was a hard one for me to do. Although the layouts with a lot of embellishments are pretty, I've never been able to make it look good. Mine have always looked like my embellishment boxes got dumped, and it all ended up on my layout! However, after I got to playing with this and started adding more stuff, I really ended up liking the result. I think I may frame this & put it in our bedroom.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

carol I too laughed at the story!!!...I myself would have scrunched and thrown away a lot!!!...you did a fabulous job!...and thanks for sharing

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

judy....glad to hear that others have trouble with the embellies...i chuckled with your description too!.....GREAT JOB WITH THIS LO!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 01:08 PM
In response to MarciLB

This is great!! I am so loving how we are doing things we don't normally do. Maybe we should call the "Outta your Comfy Zone" Challenge!!!

I've got a layout I keep meaning to post, but got some other stuff brewing that has pulled me away!!! LIFE!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

Judy - You did so well on this it looks like you do it all the time. I too laughed ruefully at your comment about embellies, because I have the same problem. What you did here is so pretty though, by George I think you've got it, LOL!

Kim - Outta Your Comfy Zone, what a hoot! Love it!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Carol, after I studied your layout, you've almost got me convinced that I need more spray! That's just a stunning layout!

I'm a challenge newbie, so I've really enjoyed getting involved in Mary's challenge and this one. I'm so intimidated by a lot of these techniques, and by being pushed out of my "comfy zone", I've really learned a lot of things, not only by doing them myself, but by studying all of your work! I'm lovin' it!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 05:27 PM

Well heck, I guess I gotta go get some of the #*^! spray!!!

Surprise By KimKV

My favorite thing on this spread, is my son is smiling in all of the pictures. This is a kid who, to quote his high school counselor, doesn't inform his face of what his brain is feeling.

Also the "lacing" of the yellow strips through the red, was purely accidental and I like it! The yellow strips are from trimming the 12x12 cardstock, you know so it will actually fit in the 12x12 page protectors. While my silhouette was cutting the red border things I as just playing around with the green one and the strips. Decided it looked cool, but better with the red.

Oh yea, I didn't mat any pictures again! Came close though.

Edited by KimKV on 11-01-12 05:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to KimKV

LOL..."doesn't inform his face of what his brain is feeling". I know a few people like that.

I love how that lacing turned out. I've had a few of those "happy" accidents, and I love it when it happens. Cool layout!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm a little slow out of the box, looks like,

Here's one from me for November.

Baldo by GentlewoodFarms

Things I love about this layout.

#1. The photo of me is particularly good. I'm not usually happy with the way I look on film. Denial of the reality of 55, I guess. ;-)

#2. The photo was taken during my trip to Italy. Gads, it was an AWESOME vacation!

#3. Any photo that includes me and a horse is always going to be a favorite for me.

#4. I LOVED this horse. He had SO much personality. If I could have shipped him home, I would have.

#5. The BoBunny Weekend Market paper. I've been hoarding it to scrap Italy photos. I'm working up a mini album for my mom with photos of me and my sister from our trip. This paper line is so perfect, I ordered a second package of it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Pat, you look so happy in that picture! Looks & sounds like you had the most awesome vacation! Great layout.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Kim - Isn't it funny how the accidental things sometimes make the page! That lower border really gives a spark to the whole thing.

Judy - I think that's how most of us learn. Another neat thing is the number of really good tutorial videos available on UTube and from other scrappers. Just Google something like for instance: scrapbook flower tutorial, and see what you get. Or you can find scrappers' blog links pretty easily here on sb.com.

Pat - I commented in the gallery on this, but I just wanted to say again that Weekend Market really IS perfect here! I look forward to seeing more of your trip pics. They will have a nice continuity using the same collection.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-02-12 10:16 AM

Our latest. Keep it up girls. I really do like hearing what about the pages you love. Usually we just say what it is and such.

City in Despair By NMscrapper

A Love Story By Flintridgescrapper

Surprise By KimKV

Baldo By GentlewoodFarms

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-02-12 10:17 AM
In response to KimKV

I can't remember a time when I didn't hate my pictures. Beside when was little

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

ME, TOO!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I know. But I'm actually liking MOST of the ones that I have from Italy. I was having so much fun and was so relaxed, and it was just such an awesome adventure that I think the photos of me reflect all that.

As soon as I get my mom's little album done, I'll start scrapping some stuff for myself, and then we'll see how I feel about them. LOL

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Arent we all like that?...If I do get in a picture I am usually holding something in front of me or hiding behind someone....and I am also caring less and less....oh well...!!!! just get in the picture I say to myself!!!!...lol....
anyway...I amde this for other challenges but what I like about it is Morgan...she is such a sweet Yorkie...and she is 14 now and I dont like that part.......so I am always glad to do the scrap your pet challenge

Morgan By Marcilb

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to MarciLB

I agree Marci...about hiding behind someone...do it all the time if I can.

Here's mine
I finally used cheesecloth...alway worried about trying something new...AND I dyed it with Glimmer Mist....and made a mess but I like how it turned out
Hopefully we can have our layouts in more than one challenge as this is also entered in the inspiration challenge..I lifted a gorgeous layout by Lvalent3 called Beach Vacation...seen here
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/477999/view /3475017/...

Mermaid By Dollscrap

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-03-12 04:45 AM
In response to dollscrap

Doesn't matter to me if layouts are in other challenges, that's call killing two (or more) birds with one stone. Though I would never kill a bird. Except noisy, obnoxious, mean old roosters. Sorry...back to the answer.

And obviously post as many as you like, as long as you can tell us what you like about the page.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

Marci - Morgan always makes me stop and smile. No matter how you scrap her, she's the star! May she live the be 114.

Jeannie - The cheesecloth is beautiful. It adds just the right touch here. I've tried it a time or two and always wind up with a tangled blob, LOL!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

LOL..."tangled blob". That sounds just like my scrapping!

Loving these layouts!

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx

• NMscrapper Said:
Sorry Kim, I have a Cricut.

I have a Gazelle and really need to learn to use it to capacity.

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
I can't remember a time when I didn't hate my pictures. Beside when was little

Me too!!

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx

• NMscrapper Said:
Marci - Morgan always makes me stop and smile. No matter how you scrap her, she's the star! May she live the be 114.!

AGREED!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-04-12 08:06 AM
In response to Rhondatx

Good morning, or afternoon!

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx
In response to KimKV

I like several things about this LO. First, the photos, they take me back to our trip to Italy 2 year's ago. Second, I am trying to be more creative in selecting papers and embellishments for my LO's. I am taking an online SBing class that is dedicated to just this topic. I pulled from several different collections for this LO. Also, I purchased the October Afternoon 9 to 5 collection awhile back and love it. However, I have not been able to make it work with my photos and albums. So, I like that I used one of the papers for this LO.

Strolling through Trastevere By Rhondatx

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-04-12 02:23 PM
In response to Rhondatx

You sound like me. I am trying to be more creative, without making scrapbooking stressful again. I've been building pages 5 & 6 of my DS's 18th birthday and I am pretty pleased with what I have done so far. There will be 8 pages of his birthday when I'm done. Crazy huh?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-04-12 03:51 PM
In response to KimKV

Pictures of me? I hate 99% of them but I made up my mind a few years ago that no matter what I needed to be in some so my next generations will have some idea of what I looked like. I won't be around to worry what they think either so that is a relief. : )

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-04-12 03:54 PM
In response to GMFTS

I know that several of you have already seen this but I still want to share because I am just so happy that I finally had just the right photos for the pp which I have been hanging onto for years and years. I like how this came out too - I have not been very happy with my scrapping lately so it is nice to have a lo I am satisfied with.

Hey Wanna Play Chicken? By GMFTS

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-04-12 03:57 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
This is great!! I am so loving how we are doing things we don't normally do. Maybe we should call the "Outta your Comfy Zone" Challenge!!!

I've got a layout I keep meaning to post, but got some other stuff brewing that has pulled me away!!! LIFE!!

I love the Out of your Comfy Zone.

I love how Carol and Judy pushed themselves so and came up with utterly gorgeous los.
I am so impressed.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to GMFTS

thanks Rhonda and Carol about Morgan--prejudice me thinks she could bring a smile for sure!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Rhondatx

• Rhondatx Said:
I like several things about this LO. First, the photos, they take me back to our trip to Italy 2 year's ago. Second, I am trying to be more creative in selecting papers and embellishments for my LO's. I am taking an online SBing class that is dedicated to just this topic. I pulled from several different collections for this LO. Also, I purchased the October Afternoon 9 to 5 collection awhile back and love it. However, I have not been able to make it work with my photos and albums. So, I like that I used one of the papers for this LO.

Great job on mixing papers. I'm lazy....I buy the collections that all match so I don't have to think too hard! LOL

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
I know that several of you have already seen this but I still want to share because I am just so happy that I finally had just the right photos for the pp which I have been hanging onto for years and years. I like how this came out too - I have not been very happy with my scrapping lately so it is nice to have a lo I am satisfied with.

Mary, this layout made me smile!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to GMFTS

Mary - LOL, that's just perfect! The chickens never had it so good. You really should have introduced them to Pat's rooster, though. He's a real stunner!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I finished this last night.

Going....Going....Gone By Flintridgescrapper

I love the pictures I captured of my little boy as he was drifting off to sleep. I also wanted to include the picture of him curled up in his bed. Now, however, when I look at it on screen, the circle was the wrong choice. It should have been a square picture to go with the others. Oh, well, I can't change it now!

I liked that I was able to use a stamp on this layout. I have oodles of stamps, but it's hard for me to incorporate them into layouts. I stamped and embossed it.

I also liked that I was able to use up some scraps. I've just completed a mini album of the dogs DH & I have had down through the years, and I had some scraps left over. I've now managed to use it all!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Judy...ithink the circle is PERFECT!....adorable!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MarciLB

Monterosso

What I love most about this photo is that it is of me and my sister. We grew up in the same house, but for most of our lives we were strangers. I have an aunt who is a week older than my sister, and the two of them had the advantage of growing up together, so Becky and I were never really close like sisters should be.

Now that we're grown, we have discovered that we have a LOT in common and that we really enjoy spending time together. It's so nice to have discovered my sister as a friend.

The other thing I love is that this photo is on a beach. I grew up in the Marine Corps, along both coasts, and always easily accessible to a beach. Beaches make me feel like a kid again.

And this photo was taken in Italy. What's not to love about THAT????

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-06-12 04:34 AM

Hi, just popping in really quick, life's chores are taking me away from scrapping today. I did finish DS's birthday pictures yesterday. Will post them later, I really like how they turned out.

Will make a new post of the most recent layouts later as well!!

C YA!!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-06-12 09:11 AM
In response to KimKV

Time for the latest layouts post. Does this help everyone make sure they saw all the layouts or not??

Mermaid By Dollscrap

Morgan By Marcilb

Going....Going....Gone By Flintridgescrapper

Monterosso By GentlewoodFarms

Edited by KimKV on 11-08-12 05:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-06-12 09:15 AM
In response to KimKV

Rhonda, I couldn't add your payout, it's not public embedded.

When Scott retired from the Air Force, we moved back home to Missouri..Epic fail. But we bought a house on 5 acres, pasture mostly. Don't know what we were thinking. We had chickens and roosters. Well there was one that was basically my pet. I would come outside int he mornings, yelled Biff and he would come running for breakfast. He would sit on my lap while we sat on the porch waiting for DJ's bus to come. Everyone thought that was so cool. I think I have pictures????

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-06-12 02:45 PM
In response to KimKV

Last 4 pages of my son's birthday, I knew it makes you all sad that you don't have to look at any more, but I ran out of pictures!!

Gifts By KimKV

I used ribbon on here and I like how it came out. The balloons strip on the left and the little thin circle strip across the top. And I stamped, simple stamping, but I stamped. I like that I took two different sketches and used parts of each one to make this. I'm starting to really like sketches!!

Twister By KimKV

I simply love how my twister mat turned out! I wasn't sure how to make the second page match,without an other mat. Started with just the big circle, then decided to make journal circles. I am quite pleased.

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx

Judy, I think the circle is perfect. I love the progression of photos. Great idea.

Rhondatx
Expert
Rhondatx

Pat - Such a beautiful story to go with a beautiful LO. I love the expressions on your face...laughing and enjoying the moment.

Kim - I just allowed public embedding to the LO...sorry.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Rhondatx

Kim...it's sad AND happy when you finish a book isnt it???!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-08-12 05:05 AM
In response to MarciLB

Thanks Rhonda, added it.

Yes it is happy/sad...more sad for this one. His 18th was seriously the last one we had anything to do with. Plus I wasn't scrapping so I didn't even think about at least making him let me take a couple of pictures with his cheesecake. But his 21st is in Feb. and there will be a small party with us, like it or not!!

I also didn't take pictures this year of me and hubbies b-days and i turned 50. I did however take a ton on our 25th wedding anniversary.

Oh goodness,

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

Hi Kim - I have another one for this, in fact I was beginning to photograph it and my uglies when I got into this mess. I tripped over a light cord in our bedroom on Tuesday afternoon, landed on my knee, went to the ER on Wednesday morning only to find out I have multiple fractures of the tibia. They put me in a brace, because it can't be surgically repaired. Only cure is time and no weight on it, so now I'm in a skilled nursing facility for at least two weeks. Means I can't even see my scrapbook stuff let alone scrap anything. Sorry, but I'm not sure I'll get it posted.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-08-12 02:49 PM

OH MY GOSH!!! That's terrible, I hope it heals fast. They do some some large percent of accidents happen at home.

And don't you worry about posting at all. Just worry about you!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to KimKV

Aw, Carol, what a tough thing to be going through! Hope you feel better real soon!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Kim, please post the picture of the rooster if you find it! That sounds adorable!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-09-12 05:35 AM

I will certainly look for it!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics