Username Post: November kit swap - Pals names went out!        (Topic#1582297)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Come join in the fun! This is an October themed kit swap. The following items are needed in this kit (minimum):

2 - 8x8 themed papers of the group you're in
2 - 8x8 matching cardstock
3 - handmade goodies to match the papers
2 - 12" ribbons to coordinate with the papers OR 1 - 24" ribbon
1 - Handmade bling item
The above list are the minimum requirements. You can add more and are encouraged to put your personal touch to your kit. Make it something you would love to receive.

RULES:
1)You must check in at least once a week.
2)Your kit must be FINISHED by 11/20/12.
3)you must post a picture of your kit. Then I'll post on the front page.
4) PM me with your name and address no later than 10/13/12. (If you swapped the past two months, then I should still have it.)
5) I will pm you on 11/23/12 with your pal's name and address. If you haven't completed your kit, by the deadline, you won't be able to swap out. It's not fair for some to be on time while others wait until the last minute and don't get it done in time or forget about it and someone is left out. If everyone has their kits finished or in the process of finishing them, we can swap earlier!
6) Most important, HAVE FUN!!!

Sign ups will be taken until 11/15/2012 but you must have your kit done 11/20/2012. Pals names will go out on the 23rd. This is the day after Thanksgiving, so be careful not to get lost in the holiday shuffle.
This month's themes are:

Thanksgiving/give thanks/thankful, etc
Blue topaz and crystals
Chrysanthemum (November's flower)

** Give Thanks/Thanksgiving **
1. Toni -
thankful kit By Tcletoaddison
2. Clarisa-
November Kit Swap (Give Thanks /Thanksgiving) By 1Heart
3. Sally-
November kit swap By Lookin4newideas
4. Denielle -
NOV 8x8 Kit Swap-Thankful By Denielle.c.podraza

** Blue Topaz and crystals **
1. Sally -
Novermber kit swap By Lookin4newideas
2. Carol-
November Kit Swap - Blue Topaz and Crystals By NMscrapper
3. Toni -
Chrysthamum By Tcletoaddison
4. Pam -
Nov kit swap By Pam In TX
5. Denielle-
nov 8x8 kit swap By Denielle.c.podraza

** Chrysanthemum **
1. Sally -
Chrysanthemum kit By Lookin4newideas
2. Carol -
November Kit Swap - Chrysanthemum By NMscrapper
3. Toni -
Chrysthamum By Tcletoaddison
4. Denielle -
Nov 8x8 Kit swap By Denielle.c.podraza

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 12-09-12 09:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

Hopefully I got all the dates right....

Ok, I'm keeping it to three themes this month with the holidays coming. The blue topaz will be nice with winter coming as well as being November's birthstone. For the Chrysanthemums, if you want to use the rich colors of fall, you can continue without having to use leaves and such, again, be creative and use your imagination. I liked last month's creativity. For this kit though, please make at least one mum or buy them to include in your kit.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 03:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

I'm in again! Loved making last month's kit! Mark me down for Blue Topaz & Crystals, and
Chrysanthemum, please?!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to NMscrapper

I really love the topics you've got this month...but I'm afraid I'd end up slacking and flake on someone. To be safe, I'm going sit out this one.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

I understand, Kris, a lot of swaps going on for the holidays. I'm going to work on my kits right away and get them done and in my cabinet before I lose them this month!

Welcome back, Carol.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

I think I am going to do all three!!! Ill let you know for sure on monday. I have a crop this weekend. Im gonna try to do all three!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to denielle.c.podraza

(hehehe)

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

I am super excited!!! SO I never really did 8x8 LOs. I started a couple of months ago making a gift for a friend.....now that I have joined this challenge I have gone nuts with the 8x8(funny the bits of the kits I have used so far are on a 12x12 LOL). But I have no books to put them in!

I just saw today that Micheal's has all scrapbooks b1g1 free and a tiered coupon $5 of every $20!! time to go get some books!!! YAY!! (Just thought I'd share hee hee)

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

I just do 12x12, but I figure I can use the 8x8 kits for the design elements, everything but the b/g. Really looking forward to my first one.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

If anyone is interested, there are still five spaces to fill in the Round Robin challenge. It's lots and lots of fun!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Sally sign me up one each thanks

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to tcletoaddison

I will take a spot in give thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to 1Heart

I just finished a lo from the fall kit I got from Toni last month. I love how it turned out, but I can't post until next Friday since I did it for week two of the Round Robin challenge.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Sally - I didn't post here that I broke my leg and wound up in a skilled nursing center, because I didn't think I'd have to flake. I suddenly looked at today's date, the date for completion and mailing; now I think I'm going to be a huge FLAKE! I've been here since Wednesday, and they say two weeks. That's past the deadline here. Now I need to know what I should do. I have both of my kits partially complete, but it will take some time after I get home to finish them. Do I flake (noooooooooooooo) or send them late?

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart

Oh Carol. Please feel better soon.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to 1Heart

Thanks, Clarisa!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Let's play it by ear, Carol and see how everyone is doing. I know there's a lot of swaps going on and Thanksgiving is next week already, so we'll see. If you come home and your partner doesn't mind waiting a few more days, then that's cool. Or, I'll be your pal, I don't mind waiting. You do lovely work and it would be worth it.

I went to Jo-Ann's yesterday and picked out my papers for the blue kit. The one paper is really pretty. The paper isn't quite the shade I wanted, but matches. I can't wait to finish that kit with embellishments. It was fun shopping yesterday. I had two 60% and one 40% off coupons and then I got a 20% veteran's discount off my total purchase. Cha-ching! This time though, it was my daughter who spent more than me. I picked up some Modge Podge and some individual card stock and gem stones. I was hoping to find some Christmas themed appliques, but they didn't have any.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I will take a spot in the blue topaz if you're still taking names

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

OK, thanks Sally! I'll keep you posted.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi Pam, love to have you. The kits are fun.

I'm almost finished with my blue topaz kit. Need to find some ribbons and make one more thing. The one piece of paper, I might just leave it 12x12. It's so pretty.
I made my chrysanthemums, now I have to find papers to match. I picked out my Thanksgiving papers and started on my emellishments.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-14-12 01:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's my lo I made with the fall kit I got from Toni. I love it, it came together perfectly with some other paper I had.

*change By Lookin4newideas

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

HI ladies. Sorry I have been MIA. Had to go to my army unit for an inspection that wasn't planned!!!!! BOOOOO...it has not been pleasant!! except for the fact that I brought my scrappy stuff with me!!!

I finished all three kits!!!! I will not be able to upload a pic until Sunday though!

Hope everyone is well!!

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

• NMscrapper Said:
Sally - I didn't post here that I broke my leg and wound up in a skilled nursing center, because I didn't think I'd have to flake. I suddenly looked at today's date, the date for completion and mailing; now I think I'm going to be a huge FLAKE! I've been here since Wednesday, and they say two weeks. That's past the deadline here. Now I need to know what I should do. I have both of my kits partially complete, but it will take some time after I get home to finish them. Do I flake (noooooooooooooo) or send them late?

Dont Flake!!! Its not a big deal if you are late to me...(Sally you can give me her name as a swap!!!) Its the holidays and all....take your time...get better!!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Wow Sally, your layout is gorgeous! That kit is so pretty and worked perfectly!

Thanks Denielle, I'm hoping to be home midweek next week. If that happens, I should be able to get them finished. Keeping fingers crossed.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thanks Carol!

Hey Denielle, good to see you back. See Carol, no worries, that's two of us now to fight over who will get your kit!

I went to Jo-Ann's yesterday. I'm going to go broke by 11/21 with their daily doorbusters. They all their wood pieces 40% off and I needed to get some things for a birdhouse I'm doing for an exchange. But I went over to the paper aisle since I forgot to look for paper for the chrysanthemum kit. I found one sheet that matches my flowers I made, perfectly. But I couldn't find another one to match that. I'll have to go check out Michael's tomorrow.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Thanks, guys!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Sally what a pretty layout!

JCI ladies

Carol I don't mind waiting!! You take your time and heal! Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by tcletoaddison on 11-18-12 05:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

THEY are saying tomorrow . . . YAY!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, WOOHOO!!! I bet you're doing the happy dance at least in your wheel chair!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Doing wheelies!!!! LOL!!!

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart

Hi ladies I am still here. Ok to post in the next couple of days?

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to 1Heart

OK, Blue Topaz is finished. Still working on Chrysanthemum. Wheeeeee, this is much better than standing in line at Walmart tonight!!! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

yes Clarisa.. nobody has posted yet. This weekend I'm scrappin'! We're supposed to get snow and I was hoping for one more day so I could cut my grass and put the lawnmower away for the season, but typical of Ohio weather, it was in the 60's yesterday and snow in the forecast for today.

Yay, Carol. I bet you're glad to be home.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

November Kit Swap - Blue Topaz and Crystals By NMscrapper

November Kit Swap - Chrysanthemum By NMscrapper

Since I haven't had to do anything much but scapbook since I got home, I finally got these finished. Thanks d/h for all your much appreciated "woman's work!"

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

Here are two of my three!: nov 8x8 kit swap By Denielle.c.podraza

Blue Topaz:

Chrusanthemum:
Nov 8x8 Kit swap By Denielle.c.podraza

I am still waiting for a friend to come take a pic of the third kit....It is done!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

ladies outstanding job as always. I am a little slow this month but i will be working on these tonight

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I went out of town for Thanksgiving and will post my photo tonight if that's okay

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Pam in TX

Here is my Blue Topaz kit. This is my first time doing this so please feel free to let me know if I forgot something.

Nov kit swap By Pam In TX

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

These kits are amazing! I need to finish mine up. I have all of them started, just need to add a few things to each one.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I have mine all packaged up waiting for an address to put on it.

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to Pam in TX

I have started and I want to add a couple of things. I will finish and photograph tonight.

Have a great week!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to 1Heart

I finished mine and still need to take pics. I'll swap out names tomorrow. I can't stay awake any longer. This new medication I've been taking knocks me out by 5:30. But I forced myself to stay up tonight.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I sent out your pals' names tonight, if you didn't get one, let me know ASAP

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

Mailing mine tomorrow. Are you doing one for next month? If so, count me in.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

Me, too! What Pam said (about next month)!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

This was my first time and now I am hooked.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

Same here!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

My kit is on its way to its new home

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

Mine are going postal this morning. D/h just headed to the PO with them now.

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to Pam in TX

Hello Ladies...here is a pic of my thankkful Kit:
NOV 8x8 Kit Swap-Thankful By Denielle.c.podraza

I hope the recipient like it...the colors are a little weird...I didn't want to just do your typical orange red green...so I threw in the teal.. I like it A LOT...so I hope my recipient does as well!!!!

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

EVERYONE HAS DONE A SUPER JOB!!!! LOVE THE KITS THIS MONTH!!!

I did not make it to the post office today....I will try my best to get there in the morning!!!

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to Pam in TX

OH and I received my Blue Kit from PAM in TX today.....IT IS FANTASTIC!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm sorry, I signed up for too many swaps this month.. But, I'm done. I'll be dropping everything off at the post office in a couple of hours. Then some time later today, I'll be setting up the next swap.. Christmas!!! I love it! I'll just be doing two kits since most of us will be busy with the holidays.

And I finally found the memory card to the camera.. My daughter always manages to "borrow" the camera when I need it. I went to my sister's on Thanksgiving w/o the memory card, so I didn't get any pictures this year and my sister took one picture. But I'm going to do a lo anyway w/o pics because there's a lot I'm grateful for.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 12-01-12 12:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Mine went postal today!!! and here they are finally I got a new phone so I had to learn to do this.
Chrysthamum By Tcletoaddison thankful kit By Tcletoaddison topaz kit By Tcletoaddison

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Sally have you opened up Dec?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm about to do that now, Toni.

and here it is:

December kit swap

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 12-02-12 11:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Clarisa, did you ever get a picture of your kit?

I have the front page updated. Luckily, I took pictures of mine when the sun was out over the weekend. The past two days, it's been raining and they say the temp is supposed to start dropping again. It was 60 today and this will probably be it until next year. waaaaa..

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart

yes I do, is also went postal to Toni

I will see about posting tonight

wow, sometimes these deadline just pass you by

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Sally - I received your beautiful Chrysanthemum kit today. I just love the rich deep colors and your terrific handmade mums! All of the elements are so pretty. Can't wait to find pics to scrap with it. Thanks!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

No kit here yet.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

I received 2 kits today!! Sally thank you for the soccer picture frame I love it and the ribbon!!! I really needed that ribbon!!

What a beautiful kit Sally. I can't wait to use these kits they are just awesome.

Ms Iheart I received your kit today as well it is just to pretty. I cant wait to use this kit. Love all the beautiful paper! Did you use a piercing tool on the journaling box? it is just so pretty.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Yay! I told you I got you something last month and then I couldn't find it... I do that all the time.

I got a kit from you today, Toni, but I haven't opened it. I was busy then I started scrapbooking. I was thinking today was Sunday and I had to do my Round Robin layout for Monday. Then I liked the way it turned out and three more pictures in this group and decided to do a two page lo. I'm just about finished with it.

And I'm glad you like your mum kit, Carol. It started one way and took off in another direction. I couldn't match papers the way I wanted. I had started my kits before all the troubles started with my daughter and then put them aside for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 12-08-12 03:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart

So here is what Toni received. I have just been so behind.

November Kit Swap (Give Thanks /Thanksgiving) By 1Heart

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to 1Heart

I like when the front page is full of kits!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics