Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: November/December Recipe card swap-Swapped out        (Topic#1582299)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, you could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 11/16/12.
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 12/5/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before Chrismas so they can enjoy their recipe cards this holiday season.

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

Mail cards to

I reserve the right to ask you to choose another recipe in case we recently had that one, sorry.

The categories are brunch and Christmas desserts. If you want me to add another, let me know and I can add one more.

*** Brunch ***

1. Sally - French bread casserole
2. Kris - Egg bake
3. Keri - Blueberry Blintz Souffle
4. Susie- Christmas/Casserole breakfast
5. Brenda - Cornflake chicken casserole

** Christmas Desserts **

1. Sally - Christmas Pistachio Cake
2. Kris - Toffee bars -
3. Keri - Almond bars
4. Artesha - Pumpkin bread pudding -
5. Susie - Vanilla wafer cake -
6. Corry - Cranberry cobbler -
7. Luna - oreo balls-
8. Brenda - Red Velvet Cupcakes

= received

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 01-02-13 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to Lookin4newideas

I will take a spot in both please! i'll get back to you later today hopefully with my recipes!!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to minderaser97

I'll do both.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

ok, i'd like to do Blueberry Blintz Souffle for the Brunch....i'll get back to you with a dessert!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Ok. I wanna play:) These swaps are wayyyy too addicting! LOL! I will get back with you on the recipes I want to submit. I would like both categories, please:)

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to arteshamac

Do you make 1 recipe card for each person in your group or just 1 recipe card and you swap them out?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Pouncedeleon

You make one recipe card for each person in the group. Then you get back that many different recipes and for this swap, I ask that you make a card for yourself as well. You can send in a marker card, but it's easy to send your card in and to make sure you make one for yourself. As hostess, when I started the swap, I was guilty of not making cards for myself the first month or two and I was bumming after that. Now I make an extra card because I'm usually messing up one! They're fun to get in the mail.

Welcome Artesha, yes, swaps are addicting, especially around the holidays, that's why I'm keeping mine to a minimum category/theme.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 04:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

So for example, if there are five people in your group, you make the same recipe card for each person in the group?

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Sally, don't forget to sign me up for Christmas desserts, too, please:)

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

I would like a spot in each one please. I know I want to do a vanilla wafer cake for the Christmas desert as it is a staple at our Christmas gatherings. I will have to look and decide on a brunch recipe.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• arteshamac Said:
So for example, if there are five people in your group, you make the same recipe card for each person in the group?

Yes! I limit the number of people to each group to 10. We usually don't have that many people and I'll usually have 3 or 4 categories you can pick from. We'll see. If we fill up the spots and the regulars sign up, I'll open up a second spot for each category.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Hi Sally, pls sign me up for the christmas desserts swap.....does this mean it could be a cookie recipe or does it mean strickly desserts? I host a cookie swap every year,,hoping to pick from one of my recipes on hand? If not,,its ok, i will come up with a dessert.
I have a full work load this month,,,I will let you know if I can commit to both groups with in the week,,,,Thanks!
Corry

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Sally, sorry if I am asking too many questions, but for example if I am giving a recipe for banana pudding do the recipe cards(for banana pudding) that I craft have to be exactly the same?

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Let me think about this one. It depends on how much stuff I can get done before the 16th

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

Corry - we had a cookie swap last year, let me know what recipe you have in mind and I'll let you know if it's a duplicate of last year.

Artesha, the cards don't have to be decorated the same, but the recipe needs to be the same.

Jessica, hope you can join us for at least one recipe, especially since we're getting some new faces joining us this month. It will be fun swapping out all the different recipes!

That's what I love about the recipe swap, even if there's only 3 us, we get to try out 2 new recipes or if 2 or 3 different categories, that's 4 or 6 new recipes a month! And it's made me bring out my old cook books and recipes that have been forgotten.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:) Ok, Sally. Got it!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

Can I have a spot in christmas desserts?

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Sally, since I am fairly new to swapping and don't want to become overwhelmed because I am doing other swaps, could I please just have a spot in desserts? I definitely don't want to be known as a flaker. I will get my Christmas dessert to you by tomorrow. Thank you.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Went to a weekend-long crop...how could it be bad?!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

I have never been to a crop....but there are a few that i have heard about in my area....i should grab a friend and check it out sometime!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I love them! I get soooo much actual scrapbooking done.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Not a problem, Artesha, glad you can join us for desserts. And welcome Lunareclipse.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I've never been to a weekend crop or an all day one. I've been to ones from 9-4, I guess that's half day. Sometimes I get stuff done. But then I have to haul everything there and back. I do plan better when I go to them.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

We do these about every 4-5 months in Lansing...you're not too far away, you should come up for one. I'd be willing to split my hotel room, too.

The one I do is hosted by a friends mom and we use the hotels conference center. It's $15/day and we get a comfy chair and 1-2 6' tables (your preference). What I really like about it is that it doesn't get too big/crowded/noisy (except one particularly obnoxious lady who was there on Saturday....my word was she loud)...there was about 10 people on Saturday and 8 on Sunday.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to krispyb

Never been to a crop before. What's it like?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Lots of chatting, swapping ideas, giving and receiving advise. I get a lot of work done...usually 15-20 2 page layouts.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to krispyb

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun Kris
Wish I lived closer, id love to join,,,,swapping from Canada !

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to craftncorry

HI Sally, ive decided on recipe, I understand not wanting more cookie recipes as you have enough from last year. My Mom makes a simple yet yummy dessert every xmas eve,,thought you all might enjoy....its called HOLIDAY CRANBERRY Cobbler ....crazy easy but comforting none the less and we all look forward to it since we are all so busy that night getting things wrapped and visiting friends and family. Served with ice cream or whipped cream.....mmmmm YUM !

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Corry, that's weird, I just saw a recipe today for cranberry cobbler, but they called it something different in a magazine today. It sounded really good. It will be nice to have the recipe on hand!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci:) Still trying to decide on a dessert. I want something yummy, but also one that I can add embellish in a super cute way:)

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Can i do Almond Bars for my Christmas Dessert?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

mmm, those sound good..

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci Trying to decide which of the two recipes I want to commit to doing. Decisions decisions:) I will let you know soon, Sally.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

Can my recipe be a surprise? I KNOW nobody will have it here. My recipes are sooo delicious. I think I might even make a sample of my junk for people to try to send along with my recipe.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

eeny meeny miny moe, my mother said to pick the very best one and you are going to be it!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• Lunareclipse Said:
Can my recipe be a surprise? I KNOW nobody will have it here. My recipes are sooo delicious. I think I might even make a sample of my junk for people to try to send along with my recipe.

hmmmm, I've never had anyone ask me that before...

Let's take a poll (she's giving out samples, ladies!!!)

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I'm good with that! Honestly, I forget who's doing what anyways....and almost forgot to pick my recipes to tell you.

Brunch - Egg Bake

Christmas Dessert - Toffee Bars

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Toffee bars sound delicious! And I am cool with surprise recipes:)

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

All the recipes sound yummy,,I like surprise recipes too

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I've lost about 30lbs since the beginning of summer and I think I'm going to put it all back on by Christmas after this swap!!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I've lost about 30lbs since the beginning of summer and I think I'm going to put it all back on by Christmas after this swap!!

I've lost about 30 lbs too. I'm sure if I look behind me, I will find it though...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

JCI!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Hmmm...thinking about Pumpkin Bread Pudding since I have some cute embellies that I can use for these:) Decisions decisions...I will get you a definite answer by tomorrow. LOL! Jci, ladies:)

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

You deffinately should d that. I haven't been to a weekend crop in a while and I would love to. My friend and I had so much fun. It was a charity crop for autism sponsered by a LSS store and the owner would take a group of us to her store to shop in the middle of the night. SO MUCH FUN!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to SusieJ782

Jci, ladies Sally, please put me down for the pumpkin bread pudding:)It's going to be fun to embellish this recipe:)

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

JCI....been OOT unexpectedly the last couple days....

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jc:) Sally, is pumpkin bread pudding, ok? I see that on the front page it doesn't state what recipe I will be contributing?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm sorry Artesha, I put you name down instead, lol..

I finally had a nerve block down on my low back that felt so good on Thursday. Then this guy that I've been secretly eying up and down was at the party I went to on Friday night and I had went out and got my hair cut that day purposely and wore my boots to see if he would still be taller than me and yes,he passed that test, he noticed my hair cut, and then we got into a conversation about getting old and I mentioned that I would be a year older in 2 weeks and he said when, on the first?and I said yes, and then he asked if he could come over. I don't know if he knows I've had this stupid school girl crush on him ever since I met him back in August. So this weekend, I've been trying to do some heavy duty cleaning w/o over doing it. And now I can't sleep... I'm too old for this, LOL

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Woo-hoo!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

Sally....keep us posted on how things go!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I will.. I hate dating, it's not like it was 25 years ago. For the past 15 years or so, it's mostly done through the internet and it's like speed dating, meet for coffee at a mutual place a couple of times and then move on. Or you meet online and I get bored and because I don't know them in real life, they're not real to me. But this guy isn't an internet user which makes it harder for me because I don't know how to read him. We'll see if he comes over that day.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Well, Good Luck!!!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Get 'em, honey!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I will.. I hate dating, it's not like it was 25 years ago. For the past 15 years or so, it's mostly done through the internet and it's like speed dating, meet for coffee at a mutual place a couple of times and then move on. Or you meet online and I get bored and because I don't know them in real life, they're not real to me. But this guy isn't an internet user which makes it harder for me because I don't know how to read him. We'll see if he comes over that day.

The very first time I met my husband, I threatened to kill him. I'm glad I don't have to do the dating thing anymore with strangers.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We are doing our turkey thing today and the rest of the weekend I am scrapping in my Woman Cave!!!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to SusieJ782

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• Quote:
The very first time I met my husband, I threatened to kill him. I'm glad I don't have to do the dating thing anymore with strangers.

omg, that's too funny! I've never been married. I've always been so independent and attracted independent guys that didn't think I wanted to settle down and we got bored with each other and every single relationship I was ever in, they got married to the next woman they met. I'll be 52 next week and I want to grow old with someone. My daughter is 16 will be on her own before I know it.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I went to my sister's. Took my niece and nephew and didn't get home until almost midnight. My sister has 4 kids. It was fun. Some of her oldest son's friends came over later and then some of the nurses she works with came over after they got off work and we all played games. She had a full house and had cooked a huge feast like she always does. One of these years, I need to teach my sister how to cook a turkey and how to stuff it and make real gravy. Not stove top stuffing and jar gravy.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci Cut my card stock out today so that I can get started on my recipe cards.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

JCI!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I've been busy working on all my other swaps, I need to get these started soon. I have an idea in my head of how I want to decorate them. At least that helps!

I think I'm going to change my Christmas dessert though. It would make a cute card, but I forgot why I don't make it.. it take forever, lol and it's going to take forever to type up!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-24-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chaton_13
Guru
chaton_13

I'm assuming its too late to sign up for this swap???

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to chaton_13

finishing up my dies, then I'll get these finished and postal...hopefully by Friday.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

I have not started mine yet... hoping to get them started this week and finished and mailed by this weekend!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci Made copies of my typed recipe. Cardstock has been cut. I will start embellishing these this evening.

Edited by arteshamac on 11-26-12 08:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

JCI, you should be receiving mine in the mail this week Sally if you havent got them already

Edited by craftncorry on 11-26-12 12:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I received yours today, Corry, but I haven't opened them.

Sorry, Sarah. You can join us for next month's which will be due in January.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Jci Still working on my cards. My desire is to finish up by tomorrow and go postal this Friday.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, ladies I need your opinion. After embellishing a lot of my cards, I noticed one word missing from my typed recipe. Before I stop what I'm doing and retype it I need to know if the one word makes a difference. The last sentence of my recipe reads: Dab butter over top. Bake 40 to 50 min.(Pudding should set in center, but not dry.) It should state: Dab butter over top. Bake 40 to 50 min.(Pudding should BE set in center, but not dry.) Does the word "Be" make that much of a difference in the recipe? Should I just proceed with the embellishing or go back, add the word, and print more copies? Thanks for your time.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I think it reads the same. I'd say it's fine without

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Thank you!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

Bad news people...I won't be able to make samples. I can make the cards, but my work now has us working 10 hour days 7 days a week until further notice. If I do get a weekend off before I complete the cards, I will make the treats, but I doubt it will happen. I am giving out the recipe for Oreo Balls. they are soooo delicious!

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Im sure we can all figure that all out, no need to retype everything again,,,better off to just send them out as is
Looking forward to all the recipe cards !

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, ladies. Ughhhh! I had a pack of embellies that were perfect to add the final touch to my cards here at work two days ago! I have misplaced them! I have looked everywhere here at work...no embellies! They may be at home, they may not. I have other embellies, but those were the PERFECT added touch! The question is looming in my head, do I take the chance of going home and possibly finding my embellies and mail tomorrow priority mail? Or do I miss my opportunity to go the post office today and go home and possibly NOT find my embellies and still end up mailing tomorrow? And am I the only one who gets upset when I can't find that special embellie, pp, ribbon, etc that I am looking for for a specific project? TTW...thanks for allowing me to vent.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

• arteshamac Said:
Good morning, ladies. Ughhhh! I had a pack of embellies that were perfect to add the final touch to my cards here at work two days ago! I have misplaced them! I have looked everywhere here at work...no embellies! They may be at home, they may not. I have other embellies, but those were the PERFECT added touch! The question is looming in my head, do I take the chance of going home and possibly finding my embellies and mail tomorrow priority mail? Or do I miss my opportunity to go the post office today and go home and possibly NOT find my embellies and still end up mailing tomorrow? And am I the only one who gets upset when I can't find that special embellie, pp, ribbon, etc that I am looking for for a specific project? TTW...thanks for allowing me to vent.

I was all kinds of upset last night when I couldn't find my half sheet of cream and black polka dots. I didn't want to cut up a whole new sheet for just 4 inches of paper. I searched all over and couldn't find it, even though I know I pulled it out just before I started working on my project.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

And that's supposed to be BTW...thanks for allowing me to vent. Typo!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Ok. So despite the fact that I misplaced my cute embellies, I am going postal after work today. If I understand correctly, I will keep one and send out seven recipes for Christmas desserts. Is that correct, Sally?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I just need to find a good glue to stick down some cloth flowers to mine then mine will be postal tomorrow, also

I think my glue gun is hiding with artesha's embellishments and lunareclipse's paper :s

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

The SCRAP BANDIT has our things, ladies! I just know it!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

I want the embellies that I misplaced so badly that I am thinking of not going postal today, but waiting until tomorrow. But what if the SCRAP BANDIT doesn't bring my embellies back?! Then I will have wasted a day!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

One day won't hurt anything!

I found my glue gun! My oldest took it up to college with her...but she didn't take the paper or be embellies. Sorry ladies!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

As long as you made a card for yourself, if you don't mind, send in a marker ( a piece of paper with the name of your recipe and your name) so when I swap them, it makes it easier for me. BUT make sure you make a card for yourself. You will regret it if you don't.

Also, it must be the week of the scrap bandits. I'm getting ready to mail all of my swaps out (friday) and all I needed to do was make 4 Christmas cards and wrap my up Secret Santa gifts. I kept misplacing the gifts right in front of me. Then, I got to make the cards. I can't find the envelope anywhere. I just had them out a couple of days ago. So, the first thing in the morning, I'm cleaning some things, I find another packet of envelopes, but wasn't ready for the cards just yet. I come back for them an hour later.. They're gone. I have no odea where they're at. So then my mind goes blank as to what cards to make since the dimensions of the cards I wanted to make are all off now. Grrrr.

Well, it's way past my bedtime and my date for later today had to cancel because he has to work. but he's going to call me around 10am. Full moon week and he's been in OR/surgery all week. It was one thing when I was working and read the surgical reports, but it's different to hear someone tell me live how he assisted in an amputation, a knee replacement and then an aorta valve replacement.. ewww, I don't need to hear it.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Good morning, ladies! Well, guess what I found AFTER I went postal with my recipe cards yesterday? Yep...you guessed it...the embellies I was looking for! I knew that would happen. Sally, according to the lady at the post office you should get them on Monday. Have a great weekend, ladies:)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Happy Birthday, Sally!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Happy Birthday Sally!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon

I'm mailing mine on Monday. We're working stupidly outrageous hours at work and I got the card printed out, but no embellies yet.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Hoping to go postal with mine tomorrow after work!

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

I am almost finished! Mine should go postal tomorrow. I will update with the DC#

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SusieJ782

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I'm working on my cards right now and my printer is acting up. I have my embellishments together and my papers picked out. Well, I had one picked out that I had to turn to plan b since my printer blotched about 8 different copies. I have individual cartridges for the color inks. But it still came out like the black cartridge was out of ink. That's the one I just replaced about 3 weeks ago and I haven't used my printer that much at all. Luckily, I saved my old color cartridges from before as there was a little more ink left in them to give more life to my printer.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

AAAHHRRRGGGG! I took mine to the post office today and tried to mail them! Did you know they won't take packages with no address to send it to? Well, I did, but guess what? I didn't have it with me! I will try again tomorrow!

Happy Birthday Sally!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to SusieJ782

I had mine with me, but never found the time to run them to the po. Tomorrow...I swear. Luckily my stuff gets to you quickly...should only be a day late. sorry

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Jci Sally, have you received the package from me yet?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Yes I did, yesterday, I'm sorry, I haven't been online. They are very cute, all that stressing.. but you're right, they do look more harvesting than Christmas, but it's the recipe that counts! But you nailed the card with the embellishments and all.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SusieJ782

you're funny Susie. I don't know, have we ever swapped this one out on time? LOL I don't think I have since I started it last year. Tis the holiday season, there's enough stresses out there, don't stress yourselves any more than you have to. When they get here they get here.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Ok, so just try the recipe during October then! I think that the recipe itself would have been too hard for me to embellish them Christmas-y:)But at least the embellies were cute. But I hope everyone enjoys the cards. It was a fun swap. Thanks for letting me participate:)

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I was looking up facts about December and I think in Great Britain, there was something about pumpkins and December, maybe national pumpkin pie day. Everyone will enjoy your cards, no doubt about that.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thank you!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Mine were supposed to go postal last night, but i never made it to the PO...i promise i will take them tonight....and i'll get a tracking number.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics