Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: November Budget Challenge        (Topic#1582451)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the November BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of November that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed a twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

My scrappy budget for November is $150 - I need Christmas supplies - some for gifts, some for cards.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

My budget is $50 for impulse items.
I need nothing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Okay I spent $46 on the SU Scensational Bundle, some scented embossing powder, some dazzle markers in silver and gold and a sanding kit for my core-dinations card stock

150-46=104 (boy that didn't take long)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. Once again, I'm going to get through this month without spending on ANYthing except trimmer blades and adhesive.

I have NO need of ANYthing.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks for posting again, Tammy! I'm in as usual and also as usual have already spent some of my budget... (But I see I'm not the first! LOL)

Budget: $100 (WHICH I WILL NOT SPEND ALL OF!!!)
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits (all three), EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers
Twist: NO BABY PAPER! NO OTHER CRICUT CARTS!! NO OTHER FLOWERS! (You have a boy, dummy... you don't need flowers!)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Sonja I was an anti-flower gal for my boys for years, but find reason to add them now:)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

No one ever NEEDS anything, Pat... I certainly don't! I haven't touched my stuff since the end of Sept.

That said... here's my update based on what I've spent in the last six days...
Budget: $100-10-14.50-32= $43.50
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits (all threetwo), EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers

I won the cartridge on evilbay over the weekend and placed my Crop Chocolate order last Friday which included the EP Happy Little Moments Photo Freedom kit and This & That Christmas kit, among other unnecessary items.... Oh and I got bamboozled by the Peachy deal over the weekend which was five packs of those layered felt embellies from BG. And I should be DONE for the month until I actually scrap something, but we'll see...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Well we went to the doctor...no heartbeat yet, but the doctor said that is normal I am only 6 weeks and two days and she is happy with where I am....next time hopefully!!

We are so excited...we will be taking our last trip as a couple for quite some time LOL...we leave saturday to visit mickey...

my budget is $50-$25 LOL=$25
I had to get some baby papers I mean really LOL!! I spent $25 on some farmhouse papers market square papers, simple stories baby line, and some christmas papers (like I need more christmas papers LOL)....

We will be away next week and the week after is thanksgiving...if i can survive black friday i will be in good shape LMAO

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to newtoscrapping2011

OMG COURTNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!...I saw your name on this challenge and thanks goodness I came in to see...you are pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!Congratulations!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!....You didnt tell US!!!..ya know...US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MarciLB

WHOOT! Congratulations, Courtney!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to GentlewoodFarms

LOL Marci!! Sorry...I now told "US" lmao I left a post over there LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Thank you all....I will be looking for guidance because well Im clueless LOL!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Rule #1. You can never love a child too much.

Rule #2. When in doubt, hug.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Holy smokes, Pat, no truer words could be typed!

And I'll add to that my own:
#3 - Memorize the 'crying checklist': Is he/she wet? Hungry? Too hot? Too cold? Hurt somehow? Tired? That's really all you need the first few months.
#4 - This too shall pass (eventually... and it'll be replaced by a whole new set of concerns/fears/issues/spe cial moments)! So enjoy it and laugh it off!

OHHH!! I'm SOOO excited for you!!!!!!!

*gasp* Simple Stories baby line... was that 'Baby Steps' by chance??? I that line... Used it to scrap the professional newborn photos of Carlo and bought extras cuz I love it so much! Will prob have to add it to my Hoarded list tho cuz it really hurts to cut into it...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $75

Wish: HFC Delicate Asters stamp and die

Twist: No paper, no flowers, no leaves, no embellishments, no ribbon, no punches, I need nothing.

I'm going to try and spend much less than the amount listed, but sometimes my good intentions fall to the wayside... Still working on my wish list. Right now I'm just disgusted about my room being packed to the gills. I really need to use some stuff. I've been crafting too, but I seem to buy it much faster than I use it.

I do need to consider getting a printer just for photos. I'm deciding between the Epson Picture Mate Charm and the Canon Selphy. Any recommends?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

for photos I would go with the canon. My experience is for photo printing they cannot be beat. They know photos!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I have an HP Photosmart.

It's photo specific, and anytime I take my photos to a crop, I always get asked where I got them printed.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I agree with Pat, mine's a HP Photosmart too. It's an all-in-one, but prints really well and the photos turn out great.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

By the way, Tina, I didn't even see your comment to me regarding using flowers on boy pages, sorry!!! I probably will be able to get away with using flowers for these first couple years, but there'll probably be a period of about 10-15 years where that they will appear MUCH less often! And DH is always saying 'No fruity stuff for my son!' whenever I bring home pretty flowers! LOL!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Pat..that is great advice....and so so true!!

Sonja, Yes Baby Steps LOL I think I got like 4 of each sheet LOL...I am currently going through the overly bloated and look 6 months pregnant stage and im not liking it even a little bit LOL..At this rate its a good thing I am going away because my coworkers would notice immediately LOL.

Other than that I feel pretty good...knock on wood no nausea yet...crossing my fingers and toes that stays away....

Tonight is laundry and packing for our trip....I need this trip so badly...so so excited.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

have fun Courtney! and you only think you look 6 months pregnant - wait until you - I hope you are taking pics each month!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Tammy if I took a picture right now you would swear i wasnt 6 weeks LOL....I am super bloated even my husband asked me if I calculated how far along I was correctly LMAO!! he said the babys only the size of a pea...why is your stomach so big LOL...NONE of my clothes fit...off to try and find maternity shorts for our trip....this should be fun in November...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I am sure you are beautiful!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Go to the discount stores, Courtney! I lived in Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's plus-size sections for most of my pregnancy! And occassionally I found maternity stuff there too! The preggo stuff is WAY overpriced!

Too bad u r leaving so soon... I have a pair of maternity shorts I could send ya! Want me to FedEx them to your hotel??

And Tammy's right... wait till you actually are 6 months pregnant! Dont' worry, your DH still thinks you're beautiful! There were days I felt like I looked 6 months preggo and others that I didn't look pregnant at all (for the first few months anyway!)

Edited by SonjaC on 11-08-12 04:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Yes, my doctor said it was normal...Thanks hun you are so so sweet...The preggo clothes are crazy expensive....I have packed 5 pairs of yoga capri's at least i will be comfy LOL.....I am not spending $45 for a pair of maternity jeans, I don't even spend that on my normal jeans.

I told DH that we should start a maternity consignment shop...I mean how much do you wear the stuff!! LOL

Ok Rant over....LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Today I just have to say how thankful I am that I was able to put on normal jeans and not be uncomfortable!! thank god the bloating is going down!!! Lets see how I feel after lunch LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh I TOTALLY agree!!! They are way too overpriced! I did break down and spent $30 on a pair of brown dress pants - but ONLY because I couldn't find brown anywhere in the discount stores and needed for work!

I will say... maternity clothes are actually pretty comfortable! I'm still wearing some of mine, but only out of habit, they really don't fit me anymore. And SO true! You really do only wear them for about 5-6 months anyway so the cost is sooo high! I'm sure there are consignment shops out there (there are for baby stuff), but if there isn't one in your area, talk about a BIG opportunity! LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I have come to the conclusion that this forum should not be about how much money we are NOT going to spend, but to be accountable for what we DO spend.

I went to a crop last night.

I bought 3 sheets of paper, a sheet of cardstock, and a yard of burlap ribbon. $6.

Then today, I bought a jar of black flower soft. $5

I also bought a couple of bottles of 3-in-1 adhesive, but I was OUT so that doesn't count.

That's a total of $11 for the past two days.

And I was going to go the whole month without spending.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

LOL, Pat, I'm right besides you. Went to work and saw a Martha Stewart PATP (spiders) tossed in a basket with a ton of Halloween junk. Scanned it and it was on sale from $24.99 to $4 something. I do not need a spider PATP set, but I also had a 25% off coupon for sale items. I got the set for $3.50. Then I picked up two MME 6x6 pads that were on sale plus the $25% off. I think I spent about $9. There goes my twist of no paper. I also bought blades for my trimmer, but I don't count trimmer blades in my budget. Can't create if I can't cut. Oh well, at least I haven't busted.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $75-$9=$66

Twist: No paper, no flowers, no leaves, no embellishments, no ribbon, no punches, I need nothing. Paper twist is blown.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

umm yes Kelly you did blow your twist on No paper but also on No Punches.

Now as much as I love that delicte asters stamp and die - I am goign to give you the benefit of saying since technically it is only used to create flowers and leaves then it doesn't count in your twist! LOL see how generous I am feeling.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Uh-oh, I forgot about that no punch twist.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
My budget is $50 for impulse items.
I need nothing!

Went to Archivers yesterday to do the two make and takes. Spent $10 on misc.

$50=10=40

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I haven't spent anything!
Well... since the first five days anyway! I need nothing, I want everything, but I haven't done a danged thing since the end of Sept! NO spending till I create something!!!!
BWAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

I did get my PhotoFreedom kit from EP today and THAT is WAY cool!!!! Now to see if I can actually do something with it...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

What the heck Bo Bunny.... Why MUST you do this to me?!?

Reminds me of the Midnight Frost collection - of which I have the whole thing...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I loved Winter Frost so much I didn't even buy it cause I knew I wouldn't cut into it. But surely Miss Sonja you have some skiing pics for this collection that you haven't scrapped yet.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy how are you doing?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

if i can still join in, i am just getting back to scrappin' so would love to join this. I have only $50 I can spend between now and the rest of the month and am in need of EVERYTHING. When we moved, most of my stash got ruined, so it's almost like starting over! I'll be hitting up michaels and joanes as well as hobby lobby come friday and am praying for some great deals not only on paper but on embellies as well

I wasn't including this in my budget, but last week, I got 2 colorbok 50 page stacks for $5 each! They are beautiful and I love them!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I loved Winter Frost so much I didn't even buy it cause I knew I wouldn't cut into it. But surely Miss Sonja you have some skiing pics for this collection that you haven't scrapped yet.

Oh I might have a few laying around
LOL!
Between that set, Winter Park by EP and a couple others, I shouldn't need any more winter paper... BUT I LOOOOVE that new BB set!!!! Grrrr

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to flutterbye0419

Yes, Tammy, how are you doing these days???

And that goes for you too, Tina, how are you feeling now the treatments are done?

Welcome Dawn!! We're an open group here, so I"m sure I speak for the clan when I say jump on in! That sucks your stash got ruined in the move! I'd be terrified of that myself! I'm jealous though cuz it gives you an excuse to shop and I don't have one! Welcome again and be sure to keep us posted on the goodies you get during Black Friday! Did you sign up for the 12-days of Christmas on here? I also think they are doing specials for black friday as well.... You'll find we're all too willing to help you spend your money too...

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

12 days of christmas SAY WHAT????

LOL I will check into it... I'll be sure to post my black friday finds... but fyi:

NEXT WEDNESDAY, JOANNS IS HAVING A DCWV STACK SALE! $8.99 a stack!!! woohooooo! i might hint very heavily that i want my husband to get some of those for me for christmas and send him, that way they are gifted and dont' come from my budget LOL!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Hi Sonja. I am feeling well after treatments, except for sinus infection. I've been on meds a week but still have the crud. It may be a long winter....

If anyone hears of great Black Fridayvsales let us know. In the past Menards had great prices on Cricut carts.

Edited by tinadn on 11-14-12 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am doing okay - good days, bad - yesterday was bad, today is good. I am still waiting to hear from the hospital. It has been a week so not too concerned yet and I am just going on about my daily life as much as I can. The Knightly One keeps me occupied or perhaps that is distracted on the weekends so I don't have time to get down about it.

Tina glad to hear you are feeling better but sinus infections are no fun.

Dawn - welcome - just jump in. Just remember you are your own Black Friday control board when it comes to spending lol

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

LOL i know right! my husband just called! they gave him a bonus of almost 300 today! woohooo! so he's pulling a little for him and he said i could add the rest to my scrap budget!!! so it just went up by almost 200!!!! i love it... so instead of 50 for the month, this girl right here found carta bella for just 11.99!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well that right there counts as 12 cause we round up and down to make it easy! LOL still nice score

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

thanks tammy... so here's what i ended up with:

50 on 2 peas: 3, yes I said 3, complete collections. One Bo Bunny and 2 Carta Bella. Bo Bunny Stickers. Then the 12 for the digi one (i am trying to see if they will refund me for the 11.99, i don't do much digi, but if they won't, since i haven't downloaded yet, i'll do that and create away LOL)

so with 2 peas, I have spent 62, but in that 62, i got 4 complete kits!!! we shall see if i get the money back on the other, if i do, it's 50

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I. Want. To. Shop.

Hi Dawn, welcome.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Oh Dawn you blew through that 50 so fast! Honey it is a budget challenge - but it will make Courtney and Sonja feel better to you go through it so fast lol

Kelly - me too but I don't really need anything right now - although there is some paper I want out of the SU Autumn Winter catalogue.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

• flutterbye0419 Said:
LOL i know right! my husband just called! they gave him a bonus of almost 300 today! woohooo! so he's pulling a little for him and he said i could add the rest to my scrap budget!!! so it just went up by almost 200!!!! i love it... so instead of 50 for the month, this girl right here found carta bella for just 11.99!!!

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Oh Dawn you blew through that 50 so fast! Honey it is a budget challenge - but it will make Courtney and Sonja feel better to you go through it so fast lol

Kelly - me too but I don't really need anything right now - although there is some paper I want out of the SU Autumn Winter catalogue.

Tammy, I got an extra 185 added to the budget right after I joined here. My husband got a bonus of almost 300, so gave me another 185. I chose to put some of that in scrapbooking, and then christmas some of it. So, I had an extra 100 for sbing. I have 78 total left...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

Edited by SonjaC on 11-15-12 10:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I do too, Kelly, I really want to jump on this paper stock up deal here at sb.com today - want to get extras of that Photo Freedom kit - LOOOVE it! But I'm trying to remind myself that they do that sale all the time... of course you get free shipping if you spend $50 today...

I have a crop on Saturday and a SMASH class on SUnday so HOPING to get at least a few pages done, though it will by no means diminish my stash enough to justify spending on more goodies... grrr

Anyone see the Peachy deal today on the MME washi tape? double grrrr

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

Peachy deal???? what's that?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Dawn I saw that earlier when I posted which is why you blew through the 50 lol! Peachy deals are very dangerous to budgets!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

yep. that's the only reason i spent that money! he actually gave me 185, but i bought a guitar for my daughter from santa, a gift for my daughter from her sister for 10 and a christmas tree, so i felt like i could justify the 50 in scrappy goodness!

how is everyone else doing with their budgets?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I think you earned it then sweetie!

I am doing too well but that might change this weekend lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh Dawn... I'll share the little 'deal' sites Courtney shared with me (you'll find she and I are the biggest enablers here, followed closely by Kelly who works at M's! ), but you may dislike me after a while for sharing! LOL Sending you a message on here.

My budget is safe for now, but I'm sure I'll find something I 'need' at M's this weekend... LOL!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

lol i saw it sonja! thanks for those... enable all you want! doesn't mean i HAVE to spend :P

so since i have quite a bit left to get me through the next two weeks, i think i can make it this month next month, it's going to be harder because with it being december, my budget will be VERY tight.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm pretty sure I busted and I didn't even buy the one thing on my list.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Budget: $75-$9=$66-$36=$30-$14=$1 6

Twist: No paper, no flowers, no leaves, no embellishments, no ribbon, no punches, I need nothing. Paper and punch twist are blown.

Oh, still have a bit left, but I do have a cart of metal [email protected] over at Alpha Stamps. I'm making a little chest out of matchbooks. It's adorable, so I need the legs and pulls. What's a girl to do?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Kamananui

are they on sale anywhere? could you get a discount? these are the questions i ask myself before buying...

good luck

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

oh, there's a warehouse sale going on.. if you want to know where, who do i send the link to??? it's $27 for 250 worth of product.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

You fit in here way too well, Dawn!

So Kelly, if you didn't get anything on your wishlist, what did you get? Because I don't see much of a selection left that's NOT on your Twist list...

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
You fit in here way too well, Dawn!

So Kelly, if you didn't get anything on your wishlist, what did you get? Because I don't see much of a selection left that's NOT on your Twist list...

awww! how sweet... i finally found a home i am loving this group already

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Budget: $75-$9=$66-$36=$30-$14=$1 6-$18=BUSTED

Twist: No paper, no flowers, no leaves, no embellishments, no ribbon, no punches, I need nothing. Paper and punch twist are blown.

Oops, forgot about the $18 I spent at F2F on the new TH stains. I got the Christmas colors and another set, I think it might have been Halloween.

Sonja, I bought lots of stuff. A LaBlanche stamp, all of the TH metallic stains, the TH Holiday wreath die,3 Dylusions mists, and two more Crafter's Workshop masks.

Oh, before I forget, I completed my Hoarder's Challenge. Yay me. I cut into not just one piece of Salt Air, but two pieces! I also used two of those old buttons. So excited to be getting some use out of my old stash! Now I don't feel so bad for busting.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

dawn you can pm me that link! F2F is probably on the list Sonja gave you

Thanks Sonja, I was going to ask what the heck Miss K bought too since she initially didn't share and ummm do we really see her waiting until next month to get those HC dies? Not I but i have been wrong before.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

tammy, it's sent

GOOD MORNING! today's pay day, but i'm not busting my budget! it's a day for bills =(

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Good morning. I'm still thinking about my cart full of metal...

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Kamananui

mornin kelly. not sure what all that includes, but i have avoided peachy so far today.... might have to go peek though lol

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i'm safe on peachy... i don't do mist sprays

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
I do too, Kelly, I really want to jump on this paper stock up deal here at sb.com today - want to get extras of that Photo Freedom kit - LOOOVE it! But I'm trying to remind myself that they do that sale all the time... of course you get free shipping if you spend $50 today...

I have a crop on Saturday and a SMASH class on SUnday so HOPING to get at least a few pages done, though it will by no means diminish my stash enough to justify spending on more goodies... grrr

Anyone see the Peachy deal today on the MME washi tape? double grrrr

I got 4 packages of this peachy deal last time:)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Budget: $75-$9=$66-$36=$30-$14=$1 6-$18=BUSTED

Oops, forgot about the $18 I spent at F2F on the new TH stains. I got the Christmas colors and another set, I think it might have been Halloween.
Sonja, I bought lots of stuff. A LaBlanche stamp, all of the TH metallic stains, the TH Holiday wreath die,3 Dylusions mists, and two more Crafter's Workshop masks.

Oh, before I forget, I completed my Hoarder's Challenge. Yay me. I cut into not just one piece of Salt Air, but two pieces! I also used two of those old buttons. So excited to be getting some use out of my old stash! Now I don't feel so bad for busting.

I almost bought this one.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

so I'm enabling, but the Mister Huey inks are awesome, so bright and you can you on fabric too.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to tinadn

see, i was a goooood girl... instead of mr huey, i put in and paid the college application... i've never tried the misting stuff... actually i'm sort of scared to do it LOL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

so, i thought i would let you all see everything I have gotten:

November Budget : $50, but hubby got a bonus and added 100 to it. so 150 was the budget:

3 color bok stacks-- 15
carta bella digi kit-- 12
2 carta bella stacks-- 30
1 bo bunny stack-- 15
Bo Bunny stickers--5 ish
3 studio g glitter-- 3
2 decorative tapes-- 2
1 studio g stamp-- 1
2 studio g inks-- 2
3 packs studio g gems-- 3
3 packs of alphas-- 3
1 sticker sheet-- 1

for a total of-- 92! I still have 58 in the budget for the month and am starting to really feel like my stash is coming together again

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

[email protected]! peachy got me!!! fancy pants deal... 51 doublesided holiday assortment of 12 by 12's for 16! down to $42 and have 2 weeks left in the month.... so i can get away with spending 21 a week, but i really wanted to come in under budget.... next month, i know my twist!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

hmmmm paper by any chance? LOL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

yeppers! i've been wanting to get some good thanksgiving papers.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Hey girls! Sorry I've been "not here." I've been BUSY.

Too busy to shop, too busy to crop, too busy to scrap, to busy to keep up with more than a fly by!

DD is coming home for tGiving. I'm feeding 30 people at my house this year. Trying to get things bought and pre-cooked all I can, and trying to get some little "round the house" projects done before the big day.

I've decided, after MUCH soul searching, to give up my PT job at my LSS. The hours are too erratic, and my creativity is suffering a bit due to the necessity of creating only projects that can be squeezed into a two-hour class block. I have three more classes to teach - two on Saturday, one on Tuesday, and one more day of full day work, and then I'm done.

Today - I went and interviewed for another PT job. It's an afternoon/evening teller position at my local bank. Hours would be very regular so the paycheck would be predictable, and the commute would be practically non-existent. Add to, the branch office is inside my local grocery store, so I'd be able to pick up dinner on the way home - literally. I'd have all morning to do my own thing, and I'd still be home at a reasonable hour.

My scrap room looks like it's thrown up on itself again, so that's a project for Sunday, along with my DT project for Nuts About Sketches due Sunday.

Gads. NO time. NOOOOO time.

Hi everybody!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey girls! Sorry I've been "not here." I've been BUSY.

Too busy to shop, too busy to crop, too busy to scrap, to busy to keep up with more than a fly by!

DD is coming home for tGiving. I'm feeding 30 people at my house this year. Trying to get things bought and pre-cooked all I can, and trying to get some little "round the house" projects done before the big day.

I've decided, after MUCH soul searching, to give up my PT job at my LSS. The hours are too erratic, and my creativity is suffering a bit due to the necessity of creating only projects that can be squeezed into a two-hour class block. I have three more classes to teach - two on Saturday, one on Tuesday, and one more day of full day work, and then I'm done.

Today - I went and interviewed for another PT job. It's an afternoon/evening teller position at my local bank. Hours would be very regular so the paycheck would be predictable, and the commute would be practically non-existent. Add to, the branch office is inside my local grocery store, so I'd be able to pick up dinner on the way home - literally. I'd have all morning to do my own thing, and I'd still be home at a reasonable hour.

My scrap room looks like it's thrown up on itself again, so that's a project for Sunday, along with my DT project for Nuts About Sketches due Sunday.

Gads. NO time. NOOOOO time.

Hi everybody!

mine too. i worked in mine for about 1/2 hour today... it's coming together, but it's also my office, so when work calls i must do what is needed

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I bought 17 sheets of Kaiser Craft and some Prima buttons today for $20 so that leaves me with $84!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

you are lookin good there tammy... i haven't spent anything today and don't plan to til next friday... i am trying to only shop for scrappy stuff on fridays (notice i said TRYING)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

at least you are trying and are being aware Dawn!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

yeah, i did get some possible good news today: ryan's been doing the job of the foreman while in nashville, and his boss is very impressed. he may be getting a crew of his own.. with this means a raise!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

that's definitely good news

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

yes, it's an answered prayer! now if he could just be based out of florida instead of all over the us, we would be doing REALLY good! he's been gone for 5 weeks and won't be home til wednesday, so 5.5 weeks by the time he come home

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I SCRAPPED!!!!

Went to an all-day crop today at M's. Well I was only there 4 hours, but I got five pages done!!!!

And then I shopped... Well not much really, and I sort of covered one other item on my list with it. Did you guys see that We R Memory Keepers has their own version of the EP Photo Freedom kits? Theirs are slightly different and M's sells them! They have a 25-pack of a mix of the clear covers and you can even use 6x6 papers in them. Slightly different, but SO close and worth it! I bought a pack that was 40% off thru today. Also got two Recollections washi tapes that were 50% off and a cute MS embellie pack of pom-pom bugs with leaves (for a page I want to do of my little bug)! Spent $17.50. Will update my list next...

WOW Dawn! Great haul! And I agree... I guess your twist next month is paper, right? LOL

I nearly caved on the Peachy deal of mists, but I can barely fit the mists I have in my storage container so prob need to hold off there... lol! Dawn, I LOVE me some mists!! I have almost as many masks and stencils as I have mist and ink colors. The mark of a successful scrappy day for me is inky fingers! LOL!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $100-10-14.50-32-17.50= $26
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits (all threetwo), EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

yes, sonja, my twist will be NO PAPER! so i have to use what's left in my budget this month on solid color cardstock. i have only about 30 sheets, and want to make sure i am well covered in that area... but other than that, i don't think i need anything else, well i can "get by" until next month.

oh, update on the hubbs-- he didn't tell me this until yesterday-- while he's been away, he's be acting the foreman for his crew. his boss called yesterday and told him what a great job he did in nashville as the foreman! wow! this is awesome! this could mean ryan getting his own crew AND a raise!!!!!! not sure if i put this in here, but hey, it's early and i've not had my coffee yet

i got 4 layouts done yesterday! I wanna do 2 today!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Pat sounds like you are happy (and relieved) with your decision. I hope the new PT job works out.

Dawn keeping fingers crossed your hubbys foreman job comes thru.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to tinadn

thank you tina! it would be a blessing!

i'm looking forward to school too! it will be a long hard road, but well worth it in the end

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hi ladies!!! You may all pass out when I tell you that I have not spent one scrappy dollar!!! I have missed you ladies!!

Welcome Dawn. Sonja and I are definite enablers lol.

We are at Orlando airport waiting to come home from our amazing vacation. I have snapped everyday. Don't think I will Beanie to pull that off at work tomorrow. This baby is taking all my energy. Its weird I dont have a huge appetite. Just get hungry often.

Disney was amazing and we got in some attractions that weren't slated to open until December!!was pretty cool

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

courtney, i prolly am an enabler too... when i find deals, let me tell ya, i tell everyone!!!! lol

sounds like you had a great trip!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I have some deals from Dawn to pass along but I just have been too tired to spend much time on here.

Welcome home Courtney - and that is not abnormal - lots of women want to graze all day - just not a lot at a time and given how far along you are tired is also normal - now combine that with Disney and voila - that is tiring on it's own. Hugs

Hey Sonja - love the FB bomb of wee Carlo

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

tammy, i totally understand where you are coming from. i got 2 HUGE boxes delivered today (not sb related) and had to completely re arrange my bedroom just to store them in there! they were the gifts for the girls from santa, so that's gonna be there for about a month... and i can't wait til they are gone! taking up too much room!

needless to say, just re organizing my room gave me the umph to do the bathroom, girls room, living room, office, and kitchen/dining area.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

My house looks like a bomb went off LOL...we got home at 11:30 pm and back to work today....so we literally dropped our luggage and left! I need to do laundry tonight...but all i really want to do is sleep LOL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

wow! courtney, that's kind of how my office looks, but by this time tomorrow, it will all be in order...

oh, i found a great deal on a trimmer, so it is lookign like that's gonna be my friday splurge... that and the rest of the cardstock that i need... for some reason, i just can't seem to keep enough solid colors in this scrappy haven of mine...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Dawn - That's great for your hubby! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for him! And for the record, I don't think we count cardstock as 'paper' cuz you really can't scrap w/o it! (But then, I could justify the paper too if I had to! ) Oooo, what were the Christmas gifts for the girls?? (Nosy, aren't I?) I agree on the CS issue... when I find a color I like is on sale, I buy ALL of them! I currently have about 50 pieces of the 'Bitter Chocolate' color by Bazzill... it's my fave and SO versitile!

LOL Tammy - You liked that bomb? I accidently posted the portraits from his photo shoot this past weekend and didn't want to until after we send out our holiday cards (which are WAY cute!) My dad's right... we are having SO much fun with this baby! **SQUEEE** for Courtney!!!

Welcome back Courtney!!!!! I'm exhausted myself, I've had to do all the spending and enabling for the both of us while you were off playing with Mickey!
And yes, that fatigue feeling is totally normal and will go away around the beginning of the 2nd trimester. Then you will have TONS of energy for about 3-4 more months until you get really big, THEN you'll be exhausted and swollen all the time! LMAO! Fun, eh? Take it easy and seriously, just rest! Remember, your body is doing double-duty right now so SLEEP as often as you can and don't feel the LEAST bit guilty about it! Your DH has to learn sooner or later that he'll have to pick up the slack and take on extra chores like laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc! And get used to asking for help now, you'll be doing that for the next 10 years at least what I've heard! LOL

DH did good this weekend with the baby! He didn't even take him over to his mom's house! I'm SO proud! Of course he acted like he'd moved a mountain each day - when I do that every day! I'm coming to terms that motherhood is a (mostly) thankless job 363 days of the year... (excluding my birthday and Mother's Day of course) He needed the bonding time as he hasn't spent more than an hour alone with Carlo since he was born and he needs the confidence that he can care for his boy. They bonded over a cup of pudding... *shudder* Speaking of, we're going to start him on solids this weekend!! Rice/oatmeal cereal only of course, but it's all downhill from there!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Dawn - That's great for your hubby! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for him! And for the record, I don't think we count cardstock as 'paper' cuz you really can't scrap w/o it! (But then, I could justify the paper too if I had to! ) Oooo, what were the Christmas gifts for the girls?? (Nosy, aren't I?) I agree on the CS issue... when I find a color I like is on

so according to sonja, i have 48 not 43, since $5 of what i spent last week was cs!! woo hooooo! LOL

as for the presents: guitar with case and all that jazz for one and a keyboard with stand, adapter, headphones for the other... i'll post pics when they discover the gifts

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics