Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: November Budget Challenge        (Topic#1582451)
flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to flutterbye0419

who wants to be enabled? i know where you can get a great deal!!! (i'll pm tammy!!)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Wow Dawn! Those are some killer gifts! How old are your girls? Trying to get them to start their own band? Very cool!!! Now I get the 'HUGE' box reference... I'd imagine those don't come disessembled!

Okay, I'll bite... what's the deal?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

yes, they are huge! and killer! and i would love to be my daughter this christmas LOL. They are Mackenzie (9) and Madison (6). All they have asked for this year is Mackenzie--Guitar and Madison-- "piano". So, I took that and RAN with it. If I can work it in, I'll be getting them a karaoke machine from us. Santa is DONE! he also got Mackenzie a Kindle (when mine malfunctioned, amazon sent another, so he's giving it to her since i want to upgrade) along with a fold and go organizer for it to be in. for madison the other gift is the u draw tablet for the wii with the sponge bob game.

then they are getting whatever we want to give them... and their grandparents... needless to say it's going to be a RAWKIN' christmas for them for sure

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

oh, and i forgot to add, i only spent 181 on all of that!!! the u draw tablet bundle is a 80 dollar bundle! got it for 14.99 including shipping!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ahemmmmm cardstock counts! LOL and believe it or not some people only scrap with cardstock...

(Sonja just keeps wishing it doesn't)

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Ladybing Tammy

drat!!!! back to 43 with me

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sonja...that is sooo exciting!! solid foods for sweet little Carlo!! I have no problem at all asking for help. LOL My mother in law is going to paint our nursery for us..(she has basically painted the whole house for us...what can I say she likes to paint LOL)...

Dom's entire family lives in our one square mile town so it will be nice to have family so close if I need them..

i am sleeping a ton...well not last night because for some reason everyone and their grandmother decided to call last night...was on the phone with my brother until 11:30 lol wayyy past my bedtime even when Im not preggo.

Anyway...i still have not spent a scrappy dollar...but while in disney I did by a mickey shaped Mommy hook for the stroller LOL..I just couldnt resist!

Thanks for handling the enabling for both of us last week Sonja

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to newtoscrapping2011

well it's been an interesting day today, but we managed to get 4 of our gifts wrapped... so it's starting! LOL i only have about a BILLION more to do... lord help me!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I'm with Tammy, I always count cardstock

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to tinadn

well then, cardstock will count

i'm giving my hubbs a list of things that i want and told him to go to michaels and buy me some scrappy goodness for my christmas present, so all i'll be buying for the rest of this month will prolly be things i need for my december daily. and solid cardstock will be among that list... i love that i can get a stack of colorbok cardstock at my walmart for just $5, so that helps. I have some of the colors needed, just need a few more... then i need silver and gold glitter, red glitter, some more inks. and a few embellies... that will make it doable...

and i'm working on my wish list for next month as well as the twists...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Dawn my dear friend you are tiring me out lol just thinking about it.

We made a decision today to move to a new town - probably within a month (a mate at work is renting out his place and we are taking it). But yikes more packing - although a lot of what i moved over from Canada is still packed.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

lol! i was once called the freak of nature! i try to get it all done early

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Just wanted to wish all you ladies a Happy Thanksgiving!! hope you have a great day and eat wayy too much

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

thanks courtney! you too

i've already got all of my prep work done so now i get to get up at 6 to bake and head over to our dinner by 9am for the parade

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all my American friends for truly you have come friends (and I even consider myself that crazy canuck auntie to Carlo - and auntie to be to as yet unknown sex baby villari)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL oh you are all Aunties!! and I do consider you all friends!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

we are going to try and hold out till the baby is born to find out the sex...but I dont see us being able to wait LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

You too, Courtney!

And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm dipping mini caramel apples tonight to take for dessert with the inlaws.

RATS, they caught me again trying to pull my cardstock over their eyes! Foiled again!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

LOL! Of course you are an auntie, Tammy! I agree with Courtney, I consider all my scrappy friends on here surrogate aunties!

Wow Courtney - you guys are brave! I say we place bets on when they find out... Hope you can make it to the due date, that's tough tho!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

ah but that doesn't mean they have to tell anyone else

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

Good morning and HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE DAY TO ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL LADIES AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

good evening - making tea (supper) and enjoying a cuppa (cup of tea) whilst catching up. HOW I wish I was going to J's and HL tomorrow to blow my budget but alas it's not to be.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i won't be even spending the rest of my budget i don't think... i'm not in a shopping mood

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

save it for next month Dawn!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

good idea thanks for that tammy...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Happy belated Thanksgiving to my American friends:)
HOpe you all had a great day.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to tinadn

good evening friends! here's my scrappy steals for today:

fiskars trimmer for 8! woohooooo!!! it's not the size i needed, but it's a great one for mini's and cards, so it works!!!

3 packs of recollections 8.5 by 11 cardstock for 10 dollars

2 packs 2 layer stickers (k and co) for 4

2 huge wood stamps for 4.

album for my december daily was just 8, it was 50% off!!! so i have:

43-34=9 left for the month... doing pretty good!

Edited by flutterbye0419 on 11-23-12 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I started using up the stuff I bought last weekend so I have an excuse to get more! LOL.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

9-5= 4 left

found a nice stamp, 2 more inks, a pack of gems (for kenzie) and a red studio g glitter glue... all were 97 cents each

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well now Dawn honey gift stuff doesn't count!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

awe you are so nice, but since we will prolly be sharing the pink gems, i'll count them LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

HMMMM i don't think I blew my budget...but I did do some shopping for myself

I got 2 spellbinders for $20 but thats all I bought so...

$50-$20=$30...we did lots of shopping this weekend...and got most of our shopping completed...I am pretty excited about that...Got my husband some Dept 56 Disney Parks Village pieces...very excited about that!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Disney Parks Village - oh really - how fun...

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

those snow villages are very pretty! my dh's grandmother collects them!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I am having my first miserable pregnant day...my DH decided to share his sinus infection with me and well since I cannot take anything I'm on a rampage...i feel like ******** and tylenol is about as useful as an old dirty tissue..If i could only take advil boy would i feel sooo much better...the sinus infection is making my teeth hurt!!! hopefully this is the worst day I have...no sleep last night...ok rant over!! thanks for listening

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

make some tea with honey and lemon - that should help a bit and rub Vicks Vaporub on your feet (and then cover them in socks) as well as your chest. At least you should be able to sleep then.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

good morning! since the kids went back to school today, we got our first look at the santa gifts! we opened the back of the boxes and the bottom LOL so they wouldn't know we peeked! and let me just say that our kids are gonna go CRAZY! I wanted to look and make sure they sent the right stuff... you know, things happen... anyway, we did get the right stuff, but i just had to see them. THEY LOOK GREAT!!! and my husband wants to know where i am putting a full size musical keyboard in this house... i'll find somewhere that's for sure! the guitar is easy, but the keyboard i have to clear a space for it to go... it will be fine I told him.... anyway, that's what i've done today... other than putting an auction up on my facebook group

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney if you gargle a little warm water with a 1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and salt it will loosen the crud.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

I actually did gargle with warm water and oh my word the relief...slept the entire night...didnt even wake up 14 times to pee like normal LOL....feeling pretty good today...I go to the doctor tomorrow...hoping for an ultrasound so we can hear the heartbeat...

I told my boss today and he was so sweet...he said "OMG how WONDERFUL!! Im so happy for both of you!!!" yayyy i was really nervous about that one...

I have done some cyber shopping at scraputante and websters pages I may or may not have busted LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Happy (belated) Turkey Day everyone!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and holiday (for those in the U.S.)!

I did NOT spend a PENNY!!! I thought about it! I agonized about it! But I did not SPEND it! We did do some Christmas shopping and I was even right next door to M's on Friday, but did not go in! I have everything and need nothing! I'm SO proud of myself!

Courtney, yeah, the no meds thing really sux, but there are ways around that and it sounds like you got to a few of them. The hot water with lemon and honey really helped me. Ah yes... I remember the peeing 30x a night thing... Don't worry, that's just getting you ready for the baby and being up every 2-3 hours to feed it!

Carlo was snuffly and a little under the weather Friday and Saturday anyway so we didn't do much. Sunday was DH's birthday so we went all over creation visiting family and 'collecting' his presents.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am so proud of you Sonja!

Courtney glad you got some rest.

well my friends my surgery is Monday - found out on Saturday - I will try to set up the thread before then but if I can't hopefully someone will step in to do it.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

mornin. hoping to get some scrappin' done today, but not sure if i will. i have a sick lil one home from school. she spiked a temp in the middle of the night, so has to stay home.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

OH Tammy..we will be thinking of you and please let us know as soon as you are well enough to check in on us...

We had a great doctors visit yesterday...got to see the baby and the heartbeat!!! really is amazing...no pictures to come home with though

Also, wasnt my sinus' was a toothache inflaming my sinus' so yesterday after my ob appointment I had the pleasure of going to the dentist and having a root canal LOL...ughhh but it was worth the $1800 it cost to get a good nights sleep and have zero pain....I obviously will not be scrappy shopping anytime soon with that bill!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

tammy, will be thinking of you. courtney, WOWZERS!!! perhaps getting some giveaways to you will help cure your anti scrappy spending blues...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Well, be proud, but go ahead and tsk tsk me, Tammy... I pounced on yesterday's Peachy deal... it was a pack of BG Christmas goodies and I really did want them! And I also went ahead and got the EP Photo Freedom Christmas pack from Crop Chocolate so I think I'm done this month! But I made it to the last 3 days and I still have $$$ left, so that's gotta be a bit of a good thing, right???

Sooo....
Budget: $100-10-14.50-32-17.50-9.99-10.50=$5.50
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits, EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, I wanted those Basic Grey's yesterday too, but knew I didn't have it in the budget, so didn't buy them. I've still got a few dollars left from this month's budget and I won't be spoiling that... I'll go into next month with a few extra dollars and i think I know exactly what they will be spent on LOL!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Sonja! You got all that and still have money left! So proud!

Courtney I don't know whether to say I am happy or not for you - glad the pain is over but yikes the bill.

Dawn hope your little one feels better soon.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

she just got home and appears to be back to normal... she's about to tackle her homework for the week. since she came home early on monday and today was her first full day for the week, she's got TONS of work to do tonight... I better get my scrappy stuff off the table so she can do her homework... Yes, I snapped a pic for you all to see how crazy it's been in my kitchen this week, and I have to say, I'M ASHAMED of myself LOL!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

warning, you will be ashamed of me!

PROJECT DECEMBER DAILY By Flutterbye0419

and here's what I have now:

5 minutes and here's what we have By Flutterbye0419

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

checked out your album Dawn - it's wonderful!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

thank you! there's 5 more pages I have yet to do, but that will come prolly this weekend. i have to pick up some page protectors for the last 5 pages, and then that will be that

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

so, I'm trying to decide on a wish list for december... I have no earthly idea because the major things I want my mother in law asked for a list of things I want for chistmas, so I told her those... now I'm back to square one as far as what i want on that wish list for next month...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hello ladies. Since I busted I decided I might as well pick up some Gelattos I've been wanting. It will help save December's budget, right?

Tammy, glad you received your date, and I'll be sending lots of good thoughts for you on Monday.

Courtney, OUCH!! Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Sonja, did I read that correctly? You didn't bust this month? Girl, I don't know if I should faint or congratulate you. Maybe I'll do both.

Dawn, I see at least two Michael's paper packs in that December Daily of yours. I bought those too.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I was beginning to think we needed to send out a search party Kelly!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies, I haven't had time to check in lately. I need to confess, I am majorly busted in many areas. Last week I bought a few items from CTMH then a punch set from HSN and then ordered from sb.com when the echo park sets were 20% off.
Yesterday in took my dil shopping for a maternity jeans and ended buying her whole bunch of stuff. It was so fun, mostly on clearance at OLd navy, then our sears is going out of business so we got a great deal on a infant seat/carseat/stroller.
Christmas shopping tomorrow...company all weekend too...

Tammy thinking of you and praying all goes well with your surgery. Don't worry about the thread, if you don't get time, one of us will.
Courntney hope you are feeling better soon.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Hello ladies. Since I busted I decided I might as well pick up some Gelattos I've been wanting. It will help save December's budget, right?

Tammy, glad you received your date, and I'll be sending lots of good thoughts for you on Monday.

Courtney, OUCH!! Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Sonja, did I read that correctly? You didn't bust this month? Girl, I don't know if I should faint or congratulate you. Maybe I'll do both.

Dawn, I see at least two Michael's paper packs in that December Daily of yours. I bought those too.

actually there's 3 of the m's paper packs in there!!! along with the carta bella merry and bright collection and some k and co stickers too

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to tinadn

I just printed the first pics on the new printer. LOVE! I love love love it! I know, I didn't have it in the budget right... WRONG! It came out of my Business Budget since it's primarily for my home business

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol - you are too worried about such things Dawn - I would never count printing pics in the budget LOL!

Thanks Tina - and sounds like you are doing the grandma thing right!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

proud and lovin' it

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
lol - you are too worried about such things Dawn - I would never count printing pics in the budget LOL!

Thanks Tina - and sounds like you are doing the grandma thing right!

i guess i do stress about budgets A LOT! LOL time to try and loosen up... but how????

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Spoken like a true grandma, Tina! My mom says/does the same thing! (As does my MIL) So glad you have a good relationship with your DIL! So many people don't have that kind of relationship with their inlaws and that's such a shame! I don't even speak the same language as mine, but we get along just fine! What a sweet thing to do for your DIL too and I'm sure it helps so much! Maternity clothing is ridiculously overpriced!

Tammy - will be thinking of you Monday!! So glad I could keep your pride in me! LOL

Kelly!!! You're alive?!! We thought you dissappeared into your stash and never came out! (That's for the busting jab...) hehehe

Dawn - I agree, I'd NEVER count photo prints (but then, I'd never count cardstock either and apparently that's against the rules!)

Last couple days and I'm not even thinking about my scrappy budget for December... I doubt I'll get much time in, although DH just txt me that he wants to have a low-key weekend just the three of us taking turns doing our favorite hobbies. (Him = Video Games, Me = Scrapping (duh)) So I might go take the paper bag mini album class at M's on Sunday afternoon... Want to get the tree up too, but I don't really see where we can put it as our livign room is already sort of full... hmmmmmm

Edited by SonjaC on 11-29-12 04:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

Sonja-- i have made gift bag mini's before! they are so much fun! I use the kraft gift bags instead of paper bags. SO MUCH FUN!!!

gift bag mini album front By Flutterbye0419

that's the front of one that i did a while back. I have the rest of the pics in the gallery with it!!!

and as for the prints, i didn't mean the prints come out of the budget, I was speaking about the printer... LOL I spent 19 on a 60 dollar printer on black friday primarily for business purposes, but it can be used to print extra things for my scrappin' too

I just got done actually organizing the gifts under the tree because it's getting out of hand... it's going to be very interesting to see what it looks like on christmas morning!!! with all the stuff we already have under there, plus the stuff coming from north carolina... and then we have my husband's grandfather who sends us money every year and I buy presents for the kids with it. my sister sends money, and I buy presents with it. his aunt sends money for his birthday (on the 7th and he's donated that to christmas for the kids this year) so needless to say, I will have MORE shopping to do very soon... Not to mention that I am donating ALL of the money I have made thus far this year to my kids' christmas, so I will not be able to have our big screen in our living room at all on Christmas day! we have a 67 inch tv and it will have to be pushed into the office so we can fit the stuff from santa!!! otherwise we won't be able to get that set up around the tree at all!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

who needs a 67 inch tv? That's a wide as I am tall - wowsers!

But the printer is for printing and that means printing pics - just like I would never count a camera (but you can count whatever you want - it's really what you are aren't counting that matters - like ummmm oh I don't know cardstock!!) LOL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

LOL! the tv is a story all in itself. I had a 47 and loved it, but wanted something for the man cave, when we were in a larger house, so moved the 47 there when my father in law was moving to north carolina because they had given us their 52. I was quite satisfied with the 52, but the people who moved into their house wanted a tv that would fit in the built in area that the 52 inch had come out of, so they asked if they could trade their tv for the 52 since theirs wouldn't fit. I got the better end of the deal because the 67 is newer, and it's hd ready, where the 52 is about 12 years old and isn't hd ready at all..

and on another note, i got 2 more christmas presents bought today... i love this shopping online thing! i've gotten 2 of the hardest to buy for DONE! I will have to stop ordering online as of next week though because of shipping reasons. i don't wanna cut it too close, so i'll have to start going to the big box stores to get the rest of the gifts... totally not sure what to get for the ones i have to get from there... but it will all work out

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

OK, I've been bad, well sort of... see, when the peachy came in, ryan wouldn't let me have it. he said it was a christmas gift... so i guess that sort of goes back in my budget right... since i paid for it but either way, i've been bad!

I had like 5 left (if that... ) I had enough to get my page protectors and that's it! well here' swhat i did:

after my free kit from carta bella got here today, i just had to have an extra of one of the pages and i also ordered the 6 by 6 that goes with it, so I spent 7 there...

5-7= -2

then while at m's, i bought the protectors, more recollections 8.5 by 11 paper (who ever has enough of that stuff), 3 studio g inks, 1 stamp, and 3 markers... so that totaled 18! I'm $20 in the hole, but, here's my question, tammy, since i'm not allowed to have the peachy deal, that would add 16 back. and i bought the my little shoebox to go under the tree which would add the 27 since it's a gift and i had subtracted it from my budget, so if we are going that route, i'm still ok... lol

such a mess i know.. so if we add the other two back into the budget, i have $23, but if we don't i'm at $20 over budget... you see where the issue comes in LOL such the over budgeter here LOL

but if you think about it, since i'm not buying paper next month, going over by getting the other paper was a smart thing because i needed it for the december daily to finish that up...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

umm Dawn honey - I am sooooo confused - ummm okay ask Sonja lol

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 11-30-12 12:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

lol i got myself confused too !!!! hee hee.... that's me for ya, but on a happy note, I GOT THE NEW CARTA BELLA TRADITIONS FOR FREEEEEEE!!! so that makes me HAPPIER THAN A PIG IN SLOP!!! hee hee but i did pay for the six by six and extra page that i liked so much i wanted two of it LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Dawn makes my head hurt...

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Kamananui

lol! imagine what my head feels like right now....

on another note, i was just BLESSED! with a trundle bed! thank God! we needed a second twin size bed and someone just GAVE theirs to us because they are moving out of state!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

here is the link to the new thread

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15830...

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

see ya in december!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics