Username Post: More free shipping!        (Topic#1582689)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

I was just on Facebook and saw more free shipping here today!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Copycat.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

What? How? Do we need a code?!
I have something just sitting in my cart that I really want!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I forget you need $50 worth of stuff.
I don't need $50 worth of stuff!
I just placed an ordered a week ago!
But instresting tidbit: You know that "free photogram frame" deal?
It still works!
I have it in my cart and it is still giving it to me free w/ my other items...
and today is buy 3 sheets of paper and get 1 free.
So if you don't want to buy $50 worth of stuff, there are still those deals!
In the end it's almost like free shipping but w/out buying $50 worth of stuff!
Just a little tip from me to you!

Edited by Doreena on 11-15-12 08:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Blasphemy. You *always* need $50 worth of stuff.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Okay okay I do...but because I just ordered last week....I am fighting the need!!!
Is that better?!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Doreena

It's so easy for me to have more that $50. WAY MORE!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to CrimsonMama

Yes, Doreen, that's much better! I've indulged myself a little too much in the past few days, so I'm passing on this. It's hard though!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

Truly hard!
But I still have stuff in my cart... we shall see if I can resist the other deals...
Good luck keeping your resolve!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Doreena

for me, it's not free when they put a minimum ordering requirement.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-15-12 09:20 AM
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Okay okay I do...but because I just ordered last week....I am fighting the need!!!
Is that better?!

Stop fighting it ...go for the gold... and the silver ...and the red... and the blue...and the green and the black and the white .....repeat repeat repeat.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to GMFTS

Mary!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:

So don't use it.

Without some kind of requirement, a bunch of people will order $3 items, with a net profit of $1.50, and it will cost $2.50 to ship it. Hm. That's an issue.

It's kind of like trying to order a Snickers bar off Amazon. One.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • t-scraps Said:

So don't use it.

Without some kind of requirement, a bunch of people will order $3 items, with a net profit of $1.50, and it will cost $2.50 to ship it. Hm. That's an issue.

Good point.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

Mmmmmm Snickers.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

Melissa-
Really you got "Snickers" out of all that?!???!!!!???
Hahahahahahahahaha!
Well I guess I would have reacted the same if Megan had said a "Twix" bar...

Mmmmmmmmmm.........

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

Well, I wouldn't want this fine thread to turn into a snarkfest, so I concentrated on the candy. Snickers is pretty much the only candy I'll eat, I don't like most sweets.

(PS - I totally agree with Megan. Free shipping is FREE shipping in my book. Scrapbook.com's gotta eat, too.)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kelseymel

Ooohhhhh gotcha!
Yeah, I had to hold back my "Oh, Snap!" comment!

Okay, I just said it..
Oops!
Okay, that is enuff from me...

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Doreena

Make mine a Twix or a Heath bar.

Hey, someone's gotta maintain the diet coke budget.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:

So don't use it.

I don't.

Of course, I understand sb.com has to make money, but the minimum could be less than $50..... that's all I'm saying. Sb.com would get more orders by lowering the minimum which would result in a higher profit.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to t-scraps

I think it's great that sb.com offers free shipping. Most people can scrounge together enough needs and wants for $50.00.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I can't get on FB today! Somebody pls PM me the code! Please???

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Well, I wouldn't want this fine thread to turn into a snarkfest, so I concentrated on the candy. Snickers is pretty much the only candy I'll eat, I don't like most sweets.

(PS - I totally agree with Megan. Free shipping is FREE shipping in my book. Scrapbook.com's gotta eat, too.)

I bet eating the shipping doesn't taste as good as eating the Snickers.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
  • t-scraps Said:

So don't use it.

I don't.

Of course, I understand sb.com has to make money, but the minimum could be less than $50..... that's all I'm saying. Sb.com would get more orders by lowering the minimum which would result in a higher profit.

So if they'd offer free shipping on $49, you'd be happy? Where does the greed stop? Once they lower it to 40, people will start saying what about 25? And then it'll turn into what abiut no minimum. It never ends.

Do you not realize that they not only eat shipping, but they do have to pay their awesome employees that wrap and package our pretties with care???

If you don't have $50 of stuff in your cart, keep browsing, you'll get there, and if you don't, I'm sure waiting til next months offer will give you plenty of time to need some new items.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to angie girl

Plus this site is free for us to use.
To me, paying the shipping from time to time is better than paying to be a member...

Just sayin'

Edited by Doreena on 11-15-12 01:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Oh and for a limited time only, SB.com is sending a free Snickers bar for every order processed w/ the free shipping code....

KIDDING!!!!
TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!
LOL!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Plus this site is free for us to use.
To me, paying the shipping from time to time is better than paying to be a member...

Just sayin'

Here, here! Lets toast to this, shall we?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

::clink::!!!

(That was me toasting BTW)

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-15-12 01:08 PM

$50.00 is not hard. All I have to do is remove half the items in my cart. That's the hard part but for free shipping, I'm going to invest the time. How it got to $100.00, I'll never know. All the items I selected are only a coupla' bucks each.

Lunie

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Lunie

Because clicking "add to cart" can be very innocently addicting.

That, and you can always take stuff out. That's how I do it, put in everything I may want, see how much it adds up to, and pare down from there. Sometimes I pleasantly surprise myself that what I add to the cart doesn't add up to as much as I perceive it to be while adding.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to meezerpleaser

Well, I think I made the cut. I'm going to try alcohol inks next, and those are expensive little puppies. So, $100 later.... At least I'm going to have fun playing with my new toys! Merry Christmas to me!! (Wait... there's probably more to be ordered... make that Happy Thanksgiving to me!!)

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

That's the spirit!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

^^^^^
Yes!
I keep telling myself that if I order today I WILL NOT order any more until next year!
But, even w/ next year only being a month and a half away...I still don't think I can keep that promise!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Doreena

LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Okay I placed my order!
Oh the guilt!!!

I think SB.com should have a frequent buyer program!
For every 9 orders you place you get the 10th - free shipping!

What say you?!
(of course I'm kidding! But that would be awesome!!!)

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Doreena

Amazon sells Snickers? I am on the wrong site.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to 950nancy

Dude, Amazon sells everything. You can get a 48-count of Snickers for $37.99.

If you have Prime, it's FREE SHIPPING!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kelseymel

Of course I had to go check out Snickers on amazon. You really can buy one snickers for $1.09. Unfortunately the shipping on it is $5.99 (I didn't check to see if Prime would work on it for free shipping.) I can just see the look on hubby's face when we gather around the amazon box...and he finds one measly snickers bar inside and that would be the end of our happy marriage...who gets the snickers? And knowing amazon, that snickers would come with tons of airpaks in a 3'x 4' box lol

Between free shipping and buy 3/get 1 free on paper, one of my top addictions, it's hard to pass up today's deal, but I need to concentrate on Christmas for everyone else and hopefully I'll get at least one gift card to use for a free shipping day after Christmas! ~Judy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mrsdriver5

Judy is that a regular Snickers or a king-size Snickers? For a king-size I think I can justify the shipping!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

That's for a 2.07 oz. bar, or for $1.05 you could get a 1 oz. snickers in the shape of a nutcracker soldier. Shipping on it is only $4.99...but hurry, since they only have 8 left!~Judy

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

Thanks so much for the heads up! Now I sit anxiously awaiting my scrap goodies! Between some credit I had on a gift certificate, free shipping, and a fun $5 bday credit I got from Scrapbook.com (A big thank you SB for that!), my order was ALMOST free! I LOVE SCRAPBOOK SHOPPING!!

Veteran
In response to Vintageivy

It's not much of a challenge for me to find $50.00 of things I want (need ha,ha). It's hard to keep it to only $50.00. Scrapbook supplies are so addictive!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to brightbeginnings

Ok, ok, ok.....you twisted my arm!
I managed to scrape together just over $100 worth of items (including some of the free paper) and just placed my order....even though we don't get free shipping! We do get a $6. credit but my shipping is always way more than $6....

Now, I just have to decide if I'm going to get the 2.07 oz bar or the 1 oz. "nutcracker" bar....does anyone know how much that is in grams for us Canadians?

Alison

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-16-12 04:51 AM
In response to Doreena

OMG... I didn't take care of business right away, got busy and forgot to order!!! I missed out on the freebies.

I think I am going to make one amazing wish list and let everyone buy a chunk of it for me for Christmas. I wonder if anyone would like to buy me the Silhouette?

Really, I am going to need a bigger house.

Lunie

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-16-12 05:05 AM

• Vintageivy Said:
Thanks so much for the heads up! Now I sit anxiously awaiting my scrap goodies! Between some credit I had on a gift certificate, free shipping, and a fun $5 bday credit I got from Scrapbook.com (A big thank you SB for that!), my order was ALMOST free! I LOVE SCRAPBOOK SHOPPING!!

I love scrapbook shopping too. The hardest part is waiting for the stuff to come!!! Then, when I see that package on my stoop.... it's a little like Christmas morning.

Lunie

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Lunie

There is a down side to free shipping....

I can't pass it up!!!

I just placed an order (with free shipping of course)on 11/11...then saw the FB coupon yesterday so I placed ANOTHER order. I had nooooo problem going over the $50 on both orders (I'm a paper addict)

I'm gonna have to put a piece of tape across the top of my laptop so I can't see the Deal of the Day

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the FB code in here...so thats why I didn't

Diva

I missed it!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
There is a down side to free shipping....

I can't pass it up!!!

I just placed an order (with free shipping of course)on 11/11...then saw the FB coupon yesterday so I placed ANOTHER order. I had nooooo problem going over the $50 on both orders (I'm a paper addict)

I'm gonna have to put a piece of tape across the top of my laptop so I can't see the Deal of the Day

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the FB code in here...so thats why I didn't

LOL! A piece of tape!
Actually it could work except for the fact that our nice neighbors on SB.com love to share the happy news of free shipping w/ us.
So basically the only way to not ever know about free shipping is to never log onto this site....and we all know that's not going to happen!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Vintageivy Said:

Birthday credit?! How'd you get that?!
My B-day just passed...I don't remember getting a B-day credit!

Edited by Doreena on 11-16-12 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 11-16-12 12:20 PM
In response to Doreena

Doreen - Make sure you enter your birthday in your my place profile! That's where we get the data from... you should have the option to make it private from everyone else if you don't want to share, but you'll still be eligible for your birthday credit

Expert
In response to Kels

Ok...so I was on facebook..but I didn't see a free shipping code or anything. Where is it? Am I just not seeing it?

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 11-16-12 12:26 PM
In response to deedee49

Hi DeeDee - it was yesterday only so we've removed the promotional materials so there is no confusion. Stay tuned to our facebook page tho - we usually run a free shipping offer every month!

Expert
In response to Kels

Ha ha...I'm a day behind....thanks.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:
Doreen - Make sure you enter your birthday in your my place profile! That's where we get the data from... you should have the option to make it private from everyone else if you don't want to share, but you'll still be eligible for your birthday credit

Kels -
Thanks for your response.
I do have my birthday there...
And I get that little birthday icon by my name in the forums on my birthdate.
So I think I'm good...right?

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Lunie

I know and then when it comes I sometimes don't want to open the package right away because I don't want the anticipation to be over!! Oh I can smell that new paper now!

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Doreena

On the day of my birthday I got a code in an email from scrapbook.com for $5 credit. It sure was a nice surprise!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I would love to see better deals, free shipping for $25 etc etc etc - However I agree they have to make money like everyone else and their prices are the same or cheaper than LSS. I gladly pay the shipping because my Not So LSS is 40 miles away and when you figured the gas, then of course you have to grab something to eat, then since your in the neighborhood and it is 40 miles away you tend to head the M, J and HL and then there is Macy's, Dress Barn, Best Buy. Pet Smart and before you know it you have spend way more than $50, and spend way more in gas than in shipping. I do love it when I order and a nice man in a Brown Truck arrives with a smile on his face with a big package.

So its either pay the same for gas as shipping and the time it takes to go there, I could be scrapping instead of wasting a few hours.

Another plus is you can shop at 1am in your pjs.

Now I expect to see a box on the order form for which free candy bar you want with the free shipping, be sure to add Butterfinger to the list.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Sassy Suzi

I sometimes wish for a nice man in a brown uniform and a big package to visit me too.... 😇📦

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to ScrappyMama6

Teresa, you can order one of those- just not on this site.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Teresa, you can order one of those- just not on this site.

Yes, but will he bring a candy bar too???

😋

🍫

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-18-12 04:23 PM

Make mine an Almond Joy, please.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
I sometimes wish for a nice man in a brown uniform and a big package to visit me too.... 😇📦

Thanks for the great laugh!!

Alison

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

OMG!!! Bahahahahahahahaha!
Well if were talking guys w/ big packages and candy bars...I'd like a Big Hunk, please!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Doreena

Can go online and pick out him together as in his hair, eyes, height, the package? I think candy bars go with anything.

Diva
In response to 950nancy

I always miss that! I need Internet at home~!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

In the doctor's office with my husband and son. People wondering why I'm grinning.

Expecting 3 packages. Can't wait!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Henri Jean

3 packages = 1 box of scrapbooking goodies + 1 box of candy bars + 1 hunky man.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

This just made me spit diet coke on my keyboard....

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

I come up with a good one every now and again.......

😇

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

At least you have a mop handy to clean up your mess~

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

A man with a big package came by yesterday... I missed him though... boo! But he did leave me a box of scrapbook stuff.
And... in that box was a surprise:
A delicious snickers bar!
TY SB.com... you are the greatest!

Check out my blog for pictures:
Snickers

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Doreena

a big strong man is supposed to deliver my new tv for my scrapbook room that's almost as good as a box of scrap stuff

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Sneezy1956

If the tv is for your sb room thaen that counts as scrappy stuff!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
A man with a big package came by yesterday... I missed him though... boo! But he did leave me a box of scrapbook stuff.
And... in that box was a surprise:
A delicious snickers bar!
TY SB.com... you are the greatest!

Check out my blog for pictures:
Snickers

That is HILARIOUS.

Well played, Scrapbook.com. Well played.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 11-20-12 09:52 AM
In response to kelseymel

It wasn't me - I'd NEVER do anything like that.....................................

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kels

That is very cool!
Kudos to you, Scrapbook.com!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

That's definitely personalized service! Now if only the guy in the brown uniform and big package would give you such good service~Judy

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

LOL!

That is awesome!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

That is so awesome Doreen!

Their customer service is the greatest and that was nice of them show appreciation to you too.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Sassy Suzi

Yes, it is awesome!
Very nice and funny of them!
Truly put a smile on my face!

And yes, I agree their customer service is superb! In the 8 years I have been a member I have never ever had a problem (and I shop here a lot LOL!)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics