Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: ALL NEW December Anything Goes Challenge! Sign Ups Start NOW!        (Topic#1582885)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:28 PM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

December is here! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until December 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than December 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to

If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**
**If all you do is Cards you can count them as your layout goal, you can also count points for them.** THIS RULE only counts if you do just cards for the month...and no LO's**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after November 30th count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on December 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS

paid=

Julie- 4/10
Paula- 16/31

MOTIVATIONAL
Rhonda- 9/15
Mommasaid- 0/1
Laura- 6/10
Jade- 0/
Teresa- 0/15
Dawn- 6/31
Jennifer 0/19

December Points List!!
BONUS POINTS!!!!

Take +300 bonus points if you pay by DECEMBER 1st,
Take +200 points if you pay by DECEMBER 5th,
Take +100 pts if you pay by DECEMBER 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape
- PER flower (the whole flower, not counting each layer)
- PER embossed image/word (wet embossing) OR embossed texture/pattern (dry embossing)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER color of vellum
- PER color of fabric
- PER punch used

50 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
-making a digi LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using one or more of the following themes: Christmas/Food/Family/Tra ditions
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)

50 POINTS:
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:

- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- for rounding your corners on your pictures

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS

- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
- 20 points for every 50 words over 400
- 20 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 30 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

100 POINTS:
- PER home decor item created
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 4)

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:33 PM
In response to Quay

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for, to take the +10 bonus points.)

1. Set up your siggy for 200 pts.
2. Scrap about your first job. If you have photos of you from that era, include one, or any other photo that is significant about that time. Include a bit of journaling if you like of your memories. Did you like it? Hate it? Were you nervous? 300 pts.
3. Scrap about a high school reunion, or a memory of your time in high school. 150 pts.
4. Use brackets. You can use a single bracket, a pair of brackets, or even a bracketed frame. 100 pts
5. Make a Christmas card for. 75 pts.
6. Use a sketch with a Christmas theme. Post the sketch as well!! 150 pts
7. Make a LO with a mouse on it. 75 pts.
8. Make a black and white LO use only black and white ink as well. 150 pts.
9. Scrapbook a page that uses a Dr. Seuss quote or words out of one of his books. 200 pts.
10. Use 10 die cuts on your LO today. 175 pts.
11. Use a paper doily on your LO. 150 pts.
12. Use either a black and white or sephia photo and layer your title on the photo. 150 pts.
13. Pull some of the lesser colors out of your picture and highlight them with mists, inks or chalks! 300 pts.
14. Make a banner for today's LO. 75 pts.
15. Lift it. Find a page you love and lift it. That way you don't have to think about the design! 200 pts
16. Thanks. Use this beautiful word or some form of it in the title of your layout today. 150 pts
17. Use your favorite product on a layout today. 150 pts.
18. Create your own glitter embellishment to use on your page. 150 pts.
19. Use paint on your layout. Alter an embellishment, paint your title it doesn't matter how you use it just do it! 300 pts.
20. Sew What? Put some stitching on your layout today. Don't have a sewing machine? Hand stitch with a needle and some embroidery floss, or use stitching rub-ons. 300 pts.
21. Scrap a page WITHOUT any pictures!!! YIKES! This is a toughy but I know you can do it! 175 pts.
22. I'd like to focus on using negative space in your layout. So many times, we scrapbook with tons of papers, and ribbons, and embellishments that the photo or photos tend to get lost on the page. When you focus on having negative space in your layout, it will help to draw the eye to where it is supposed to be. 300 pts.
23. Create a page based on the following criteria,
Wings –
Use a word for happiness --
Use distressed edges –
Altered embellishment – 200 pts.
24. Lift a favorite LO you have already made. 75 pts.
25. Merry Christmas take an xtra 400 pts as a Christmas gift today!
26. Make a LO with the theme "Refelections" How you interpret that word is up to you! Use Your favorite color on the LO too!
300pts.
27. The inspiration for this challenge is the Dr Seuss book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
Create a layout that has -
one patterned paper
two journaling spots
red flower
blue ribbon
You are allowed any other colors as long as there is at least the 4 things I mentioned! 300 pts.
28. Create a LO: that is bright and light, that includes white paint, Incorporating material. 150 pts.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:33 PM
In response to Quay

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

WEEK 1: DECEMBER 1-2, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Scrap your Christmas list you need to shop from. Use nothing but Christmas paper and embellies 250 pts

Photo Challenge:
A Christmas tree decorated 75pts
Christmas ribbon 75pts
Mall Christmas Decor 75pts

WEEK 2: DECEMBER 3-9, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Scrap a LO about you...use 60% of your LO as journaling 400 pts

Photo Challenge:
Christmas cards 75pts
A poinsettia 75pts
A candy cane 75pts

WEEK 3: DECEMBER 10-16, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Make a Holiday craft, then take a picture, print it out and scrap it 400pts

Photo Challenge:
Your holiday decorations 75 pts
An advent calendar 100 pts
A Hanukkah Menorah 100 pts

WEEK 4: DECEMBER 17-23, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Make a Christmas LO and tell the story from Santa's Point of View 450 pts

Photo Challenge:
Something gift wrapped 75 pts
Outside weather 75 pts
A Santa 75 pts

WEEK 5: DECEMBER 24-31, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: "Christmas Morning" make a two pager of one of your Christmas Mornings... Must have Date and Year, before and after pics of that morning. Or a special holiday 500 pts

Photo Challenge:
After all presents are opened 75 pts
Your fave gift you received 75 pts
Christmas breakfast 75 pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:34 PM
In response to Quay

~*~DECEMBER 2012 MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~

This Challenge came by way of one of our very own players, Julie/Senora x!!

Grab or make a notebook that can hold at least 31 pages for updates each day. We want to see what goes on in all of our pretty little heads each day! Because requiring minds need to know this stuff!! This monthly project will be worth 2000 points if all you do is make a list of things! 4000 points if you add embellies and do-da's!!!! Such as a smash book...

Rules:
1. Must write in it everyday
2. Either post the page everyday, or the whole book at the end of the month
3. Make it as plain or as fancy as you want it
4. You must have fun at this!!!

30 DAYS OF LISTS
1. Goals for the month.
2. Bravest thing I’ve done.
3. Trends I love.
4. Places I’ve lived.
5. When I need a time out I. . .
6. Today you’ll find me . . .
7. Things I’d like to learn
8. Favorite scents/smells.
9. My friends and family would describe me as. . .
10. I know I am getting older when. . .
11. My Christmas wishlist.
12. Out my front door.
13. My schedule for the day.
14. Weekend plans.
15. Favorite foods.
16. Reasons to start. . .
17. Why I am a lister
18. Favorite websites and blogs
19. Things I'd rather be doing right now...
20. In my bag/purse/pocketbook
21. Guilty pleasures
22. Celebrity crushes or favorite celebrities or people
23. Things to do this spring
24. Recipes I want to try
25. What I got from Santa
26. What I took back to the store this Christmas
27. Road trip must haves
28. Where I'm going for New Years eve
29. What I'm wearing for New Years eve
30. Lessons learned this year
31. Today's to-do-list

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Quay

can i play motivational please. 15 LO?

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to YourScrapAttack

I'm in again for 10 layouts. Hoping ill have more scrappy time with break.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to senora_x

Ok. Quay, I'm definitely in this month.

20 layouts.

I have one more trip with helping a friend move (Thursday)so starting Saturday I will be ready to go.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to DaNel Hicks

I'm going to participate, even if it's only on a conversational level. So, motivatinal/2 LO, please.

My big goal is to complete December Daily this year. I burned out by day 12 last year.....As far as completing a goal for this challenge goes; my current version of math has (2) 6x8 LO's = 1 for challenge credit. Thoughts?

Edited by MommaSaid on 11-27-12 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:01 AM
In response to MommaSaid

Anne- Here's my thoughts----> You go girl!!! I am more than happy with it!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:03 AM

• YourScrapAttack Said:
can i play motivational please. 15 LO?

Got ya down Rhonda and welcome back!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:04 AM

• DaNel Hicks Said:
Ok. Quay, I'm definitely in this month.

20 layouts.

I have one more trip with helping a friend move (Thursday)so starting Saturday I will be ready to go.

Got ya listed DaNel...Good to see you back!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:05 AM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I'm in again for 10 layouts. Hoping ill have more scrappy time with break.

Here's to more scrappy time!! I have you down as paid...hope that is correct??

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to Quay

I'm in for 10. not sure if I'm paying or motivational yet

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 01:54 PM
In response to laurak1

• laurak1 Said:
I'm in for 10. not sure if I'm paying or motivational yet

Got ya Laura!! 10 it is!! and you an let me know later if your paying or not!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

I am going to be motivational this month. I hope my scrapbooking mojo comes back next month and i find some time as well

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 07:52 PM
In response to jadebrit

Jade- Got'cha down for motivational!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

I'd like to join in Motivational this month so I can see how it works and then maybe January I'll join for prizes....

My goal: 31 layouts for the month of December!!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to flutterbye0419

I'm gonna try and jump in this month. I'll set my goal at 15. Probably crazy but I need to get back on the scrappy wagon.

I'll paypal you.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to NVyankee

Put me down for 15 layouts not sure if I will do motivational or paid yet.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-28-12 08:07 PM

• flutterbye0419 Said:
I'd like to join in Motivational this month so I can see how it works and then maybe January I'll join for prizes....

My goal: 31 layouts for the month of December!!!

Welcome Welcome Dawn!! So glad to have new comers. I will put you down for motivational this month and we'll all help you see how this challenge works...I promise you that!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-28-12 08:09 PM
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
I'm gonna try and jump in this month. I'll set my goal at 15. Probably crazy but I need to get back on the scrappy wagon.

I'll paypal you.

Eileen!!!! Yay!!! Your back and what a riot it will be having you back here!! I have you down for 15 and your name as paid! Can't wait for December to get the race a goin'!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-28-12 08:10 PM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Put me down for 15 layouts not sure if I will do motivational or paid yet.

Teresa..got'cha down for 15 LO's for now...Good to have you back!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

Thank you Quay! I'm excited to see how this goes!!! I started a challenge for next year, it's One Layout a Day so I thought this might help keep me motivated to do that one

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-29-12 10:08 AM

• flutterbye0419 Said:
Thank you Quay! I'm excited to see how this goes!!! I started a challenge for next year, it's One Layout a Day so I thought this might help keep me motivated to do that one

What a great way to get your photo's done and in a book!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-29-12 10:11 AM
In response to Quay

One more day and then it is December 1!!!!!! I have everything all ready to go so all you guys have to do is play and scrap!!! SO DON"T YOU FORGET IT!!! hehehe

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

i can't wait!!! gonna be fun! that's for sure

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

I am determined to get some scrapping done this month. I think my scrapbook supplies need reorganizing. Maybe that will help get me scrapping. I have such a small area to scrap in I really need a better organizational system. I need to try to work on that soon. And also finish decorating my apt! I got my tree up! I still plan on making a banner for my mantle, but need to pick up more paper.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to jadebrit

Jade, I too have a tiny scrappy area, but I find that when I try to organize the stash, I end up making a bigger mess because I think like this....

oooooh, I have the perfect paper for this photo... wait there's that flower that I wanted to put with this frame... OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH INK, YOU NEED TO GO HERE on this matt... where did those pop dots go.... you get the picture LOL

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

Ha ha! Dawn you sound like me! I am so excited that the 1st falls on a saturday! I always am so motivated the first few days of each month! love starting new challenges!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-29-12 06:43 PM

Ok People...let's get to telling our friends about this place!! We can do this!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
Ha ha! Dawn you sound like me! I am so excited that the 1st falls on a saturday! I always am so motivated the first few days of each month! love starting new challenges!

i try and keep motivated though... and as the month goes on i add new challenges to keep me scrappin... hoping that will help

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

Well my life right now is crazy and my mojo is gone, so I am hoping maybe cleaning up my scrap space will help me get my scrap mojo back. I've tried about everything else.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to jadebrit

id like in please. 10 motivational.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-30-12 01:29 AM

• YourScrapAttack Said:
id like in please. 10 motivational.

Ooops...on the first page you said 15 LO's...or is it 10 now? hehe

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Quay

jci -- ready to start a scrapping! Heading out today to visit my son and see him swim. First meet of the season. Then I have a dog adoption event in the am. Then ---- finally ---- maybe I can scrap!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to NVyankee

gettin' excited for those topics to go up! woowoo!!! i can't wait to scrap! i'll have some more things to put together for the december daily, since i am picking up the extra page protectors i need today, that will help some i have the dear santa party going on at my house sunday, but other than the party days this month, IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

• flutterbye0419 Said:
gettin' excited for those topics to go up! woowoo!!! i can't wait to scrap! i'll have some more things to put together for the december daily, since i am picking up the extra page protectors i need today, that will help some i have the dear santa party going on at my house sunday, but other than the party days this month, IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

I need a like button like Facebook!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to senora_x

I know right

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-30-12 07:46 PM
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
jci -- ready to start a scrapping! Heading out today to visit my son and see him swim. First meet of the season. Then I have a dog adoption event in the am. Then ---- finally ---- maybe I can scrap!

Eileen, I love swimming. My DH was a swimmer in High School...let's see---some---45 years ago... hehehe He is was always #1 They nicked named him ZERO...becuz' he was so fast!! I love it! Good luck with your swimmers Eileen!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-30-12 07:47 PM

• flutterbye0419 Said:

You sound like a party animal!! I LOVE party animals!!! I am checking out ,my list's and making sure everything is ready...need some elves here to help out! hehehe

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

lol! i guess you could say that... i have no extra elves though, so i can't help you there we have been wrapping a few gifts a night and will have to continue this for quite some time before they are all done!!! and i finally got 1/2 way done with the shopping, so that's coming around... gah! it never ends does it LOL

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-30-12 08:45 PM

Ya in December everyday is a busy day!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-30-12 10:30 PM
In response to Quay

Ok Ladies it is 11:28 pm SO I am posting the first daily challenge, check out the front page. The dailies will always be on the front page so it will always be easier to find!!! Ready------ Set------ GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dawn- If you have any questions just post them and I or the other ladies will be glad to explain!!!!

Oh and the Winners have been "Announced" on the front page..they are listed in purple!!! Congratulations to the Winners!!!

Ya'll still have time to add something to the points list too...so let me know in the next couple of days!!!

I also need to know for sure if some of you are paying so you can win prize money... and which ones are not paying. Thanks Ladies!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

wow this has me totally motivated! i'm loving all of the different challenges within this one challenge

I think I did the siggy right but you'll tell me if i didn't

love the photo challenge!!! and can't wait to get snappin'! will a bow i already did for a present that i wrapped work????

i'm also in love with the scrappin' the list for the month! i'll get on that tonight as the kids are getting ready for bed. that one is going to be VERY fun for me! I have a list that's a mile long, so I'll definately be putting a few hidden journaling spots on this one probably

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 06:22 AM

Good Morning Dawn... Setting up your siggy goes like this.

LO's: 0/31
You keep up with the amount of LO's you do, that helps me keep the first page updated correctly.

You keep track of points so I can get a final tally on who is the highest point winner.

I know your just practicing, but if you learn now, correctly, when you play for prizes you'll be a pro at it!! lol So I suggest keep track of points just for practice this time. k?

And again so glad your playing with us this month!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

thanks and yes, that's why i wanted a practice month I'll get that updated correctly

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
~*~DECEMBER 2012 MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~

This Challenge came by way of one of our very own players, Julie/Senora x!!

Grab or make a notebook that can hold at least 31 pages for updates each day. We want to see what goes on in all of our pretty little heads each day! Because requiring minds need to know this stuff!! This monthly project will be worth 2000 points if all you do is make a list of things! 4000 points if you add embellies and do-da's!!!! Such as a smash book...

Rules:
1. Must write in it everyday
2. Either post the page everyday, or the whole book at the end of the month
3. Make is as plain or as fancy as you want it
4. You must have fun at this!!!

30 DAYS OF LISTS
1. Goals for the month.
2. Bravest thing I’ve done.
3. Trends I cannot stand.
4. Places I’ve lived.
5. When I need a time out I. . .
6. Today you’ll find me . . .
7. Things I’d like to learn
8. Favorite scents/smells.
9. My friends and family would describe me as. . .
10. I know I am getting older when. . .
11. My Christmas wishlist.
12. Out my front door.
13. My schedule for the day.
14. Weekend plans.
15. Favorite foods.
16. Reasons to start. . .
17. Why I am a lister
18. Favorite websites and blogs
19. Things I'd rather be doing right now...
20. In my bag/purse/pocketbook
21. Guilty pleasures
22. Celebrity crushes
23. Things to do this spring
24. Recipes I want to try
25. What I got from Santa
26. What I took back to the store this Christmas
27. Road trip must haves
28. Where I'm going for New Years eve
29. What I'm wearing for New Years eve
30. Lessons learned this year
31. Today's to-do-list

because my snap journal is on the christmas list, would it be suffice to do the journaling via digi until I get that and then print them out and put them in the snap? if no, I'll find a notebook I can use and start with that

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 08:25 AM

Digi would work...just so you can scan it and show it here. Does that make sense? Then people can see your work and get there own ideas!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

thanks a bunch will do! i h ave a GREAT story for today

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Hello! I thought I'd check my e-mail while waiting for my cousin and her lil baby girl to arrive. I may have gotten a little too excited to see an email about Prima.... I may also need to start gettting serious about playing with paper again.

Oh! Who else is doing the December Daily this year?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to MommaSaid

i have one... and it's almost done! working on the last 6 foundation pages tonight

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Sweet! I'm all for reading about it, if you ever feel like sharing. I've got mine pretty much set up; Simple Stories album and photo protectors; lots of paper and embellies ready; etc. I should probably do a fly-by documentation of today's events so I don't forget and give up on day one.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to Quay

Im in Puerto Rico now and my scrap space is nearly done so id like to sign up for this month. Layout goal is 19. I'll paypal tomorrow.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Sweet! I'm all for reading about it, if you ever feel like sharing. I've got mine pretty much set up; Simple Stories album and photo protectors; lots of paper and embellies ready; etc. I should probably do a fly-by documentation of today's events so I don't forget and give up on day one.

if you wanna see mine, MOST of the pages are uploaded to my gallery already

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Quay

300 Take +300 bonus points if you pay by DECEMBER 1st,
200 1. Set up your siggy for 200 pts.
10 Done Today

510 Points

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

love the monthly. I plan to tackle my scrap area/dinning room later tonight after i finish laundry and maybe clean up a little bit then finish cleaning tmw!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

goal this month is to actually scrapbook! lol

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• flutterbye0419 Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:

Like...Err, I mean yay! I've got your gallery open in a tab now.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 05:18 PM
In response to MommaSaid

ANNOUNCEMENT LADIES!!!

I am still figuring out the winners thing and how it all works. I have made a small blunder on the winners list. I was worried that if I didn't put down all the who winners were or would have been, it might not make sense. But on the contrary, it looked like I was winning in the 10 or fewer category. I put it down and then forgot to explain I wasn't going to take any winnings becuz' I never put my points down when I posted the LO's.

SO the 2 winners will get the money divided 2 ways. I hope that clears up anyones questions and if I have made a blunder just let me know I don't want any hard feelings here, I only want happy people here! hehe

Thanks to those for pointing this out!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 05:20 PM
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
goal this month is to actually scrapbook! lol

Cooooool!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 05:21 PM
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
Im in Puerto Rico now and my scrap space is nearly done so id like to sign up for this month. Layout goal is 19. I'll paypal tomorrow.

Got'cha down as paid and 19 LO's!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

I missed you ladies so much!! My fall Bible Study is done and I'm really wanting some scrappy time! I'm in for 31 LOs and I'm loving the monthly! I actually did 2 today and will post tomorrow! Quay I'll mail a check to you on Monday.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Quay

5 - for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points 
5 - for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
20 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
50 - for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
Volume Scrap
50 - PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
50 for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch 
40 - PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
90 - PER person or animal in each pic
20 - PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
20 - page w/ 3+ pics

Horse Camp By DaNel Hicks
30 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
50 - for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
50 - for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
Volume Scrap
50 for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch 
30 - PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
140 - PER person or animal in each pic
20 - page w/ 3+ pics
210 - 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
20 - 20 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 30 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

Duke By DaNel Hicks
20 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
30 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
30 - PER any kind of die-cut shape 
10 - PER stamped image or word on your project
Volume Scrap
20 - PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
20 - PER person or animal in each pic
10 - for rounding your corners on your pictures
40 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

1890 for the month.

3 layouts down more to follow

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • flutterbye0419 Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:

Like...Err, I mean yay! I've got your gallery open in a tab now.

LOL!!! too cute i just added another to it... it's the calendar page

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

210 siggy done today

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Quay

+300 just paypal'd my money

Here's my start to the monthly!
31 Days of Lists By Senora_x
+ 65 letters in title
+ 10 jewels
+ 5 update siggy
+ 5 cleaned up after
+ 50 cs/pp
+ 10 ribbon
+ 20 handcut banners
+ 30 embossed words
+ 10 layout 6x6 or smaller
+ 10 per punch used

31 Lists Day 1 By Senora_x
+ 20 letters in title
+ 20 brads, photo corners
+ 5 cleaned space after
+ 40 cs/pp
+ 10 diecut shape
+ 10 layout 6x6 or smaller
+ 50 journal block
+ 65 journaling words
+ 20 handwritten

Vocan Poas By Senora_x
+ 50 letters in title
+ 5 cleaned up space after
+ 60 cs/pp
+ 10 diecut shape
+ 50 journal block
+100 creating lo for two page sketch challenge
+100 two 12x12 pages
+ 60 per pics
+100 per person
+ 40 per pic of me
+ 80 per pic w/o people or animals
+ 20 pic 3x3 or smaller
+ 20 page with 3+ pics
+400 journaling

Around Town By Senora_x
+ 50 letters in title
+ 5 brad
+ 5 cleaned up after
+100 cs/pp
+ 10 diecut
+ 20 punch used on each page
+ 50 journal block
+100 two 12x12
+ 60 per pic
+ 30 per person
+100 per pic w/o people or animals
+ 20 page with 3+ pics
+ 20 embellie on pic
+400 journaling words
+200 set up siggy
+ 10 done same day

pages: 4
total points: 3020

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

ok, I am going to try this and please let me know if i get it right/wrong:

*Together By Flutterbye0419

180 Points--
5 Each for--
photo corner
photo corner
leaf
flower
bracket
bracket
border strip
banner
banner

10 pts for each--
peach cardstock
orange cardstock
green cardstock
polka dot cardstock
yellow cardstock
picture

20 points-- i was in the photo

50 points-- Design Seeds Color Challenge Entry on Scrapbook.com

Edited by flutterbye0419 on 12-01-12 07:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i have a few more, but wanted to make sure I did this one right before I post the others here... I'll do that after I hear from one of you thanks for guiding me

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 06:42 PM

• flutterbye0419 Said:

*first, a question, since this is being framed and given to my mother in law as a gift for her condo in north carolina does this count for the home decor???

180 points. Here's the breakdown-- 5 pt's for these: sticker title, photo corner, photo corner, leaf, flower, bracket, bracket, border strip, banner, and banner. 10 pts for these: peach, orange, green cardstock. dotted cardstock, yellow pp. 50 points-- its in the Designer color Challenge for the month. 10 Points for the photo. 20 Points because I'm in that photo.

If it counts for home decor, I'll update it, but if not, then it's the total above

You've done great...so...
1. to take points for being a home decor you would have to have it in a frame
2. if you list your points in a downward list it will be easier for me and others to make sure your going to get all the points you deserve on your projects.

Does that help?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 06:44 PM
In response to Faithscrapper

• Faithscrapper Said:
I missed you ladies so much!! My fall Bible Study is done and I'm really wanting some scrappy time! I'm in for 31 LOs and I'm loving the monthly! I actually did 2 today and will post tomorrow! Quay I'll mail a check to you on Monday.

Sounds good Paula...I will keep my eyes out for it!
I got'cha down for 31 too!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

Señora, I love the monthly! Could there be one alternate question or is it ok if we change one?

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

• Faithscrapper Said:
Señora, I love the monthly! Could there be one alternate question or is it ok if we change one?

Thanks! I gave Quay the general idea I think but I think she put together the daily topics. So Quay I will let you answer that one!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • flutterbye0419 Said:

*first, a question, since this is being framed and given to my mother in law as a gift for her condo in north carolina does this count for the home decor???

180 points. Here's the breakdown-- 5 pt's for these: sticker title, photo corner, photo corner, leaf, flower, bracket, bracket, border strip, banner, and banner. 10 pts for these: peach, orange, green cardstock. dotted cardstock, yellow pp. 50 points-- its in the Designer color Challenge for the month. 10 Points for the photo. 20 Points because I'm in that photo.

If it counts for home decor, I'll update it, but if not, then it's the total above

You've done great...so...
1. to take points for being a home decor you would have to have it in a frame
2. if you list your points in a downward list it will be easier for me and others to make sure your going to get all the points you deserve on your projects.

Does that help?

yes, very much so! thanks a bunch. since i don't have the frame yet, i'll keep the points simple thanks again. I'll edit and list them downward so you can see them better

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 07:17 PM

• Faithscrapper Said:

Sure what is the alternate question???

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

*Happy Baby By Flutterbye0419

Broken down by page since it's 2 pages:

Page 1:
25 points-- Title is 5 letters
40 points-- 4 pics
20 pts-- 2 cardstocks used
10 pts-- pink ink around white paper
40 pts-- 1 person per pic
20 pts-- one 2 by 3 pic
20 pts-- handwritten journal
20 pts-- 5 for each date i wrote in
50 pts-- 12 by 12
50 pts-- 2 pg sketch challenge here on sb.com

Page 2
20 pts-- 4 letters in title
40 pts-- 4 papers used
20 pts-- glitter glue (like stickles)
50 pts-- journal block
50 pts-- 12 by 12 layout
50 pts-- i hand doodled with the stickles
20 pts-- 2 pics
20 pts-- 1 person per pic
320 pts-- journaling 60 words and 2 dates handwritten
20-- for the handwritten journaling

total for the 2 pgr is 910

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

*Hip Hip Hooray!!! By Flutterbye0419

40 pts-- for 8 stickers
50 pts-- 5 papers used
50 pts-- Scraplift the person before you challenge on sb.com
50 pts-- 12 by 12 layout
10 pts-- pic
10 pts-- 1 person in pic
20 pts-- title overlaps pic
20 pts-- 4 word journal
20 pts-- handwritten

Total pts for layout-- 270

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-01-12 07:47 PM

By George Dawn I think your getting it! Just a hint...if you print out the points list it does make things easier to add up. Just sayin' hehehe

Ok ladies...I am headed off to hang out with DH, so if I have made any further boo boo's please, by all means help me out and point it out!! Thanks Ladies I love having each and everyone of you here!!!

Good night!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
By George Dawn I think your getting it! Just a hint...if you print out the points list it does make things easier to add up. Just sayin' hehehe

Ok ladies...I am headed off to hang out with DH, so if I have made any further boo boo's please, by all means help me out and point it out!! Thanks Ladies I love having each and everyone of you here!!!

Good night!!

i'm about to print out th elist. have one last one to do the slow man's way and then i'll have that list printed and taped to my wall LOL!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

*December Daily Calendar Page By Flutterbye0419

60 pts-- 12 letters/numbers for title
30 pts-- 6 stickers
20 pts-- 2 cardstocks used
10 pts-- inking around calendar
10 pts-- glitter doodle-- it's hard to see but it's there :_
50 pts-- 8 by 8
50 pts-- christmas theme
50 pts-- my own design
150 pts-- journaling
20 pts-- handwritten journaling

total-- 450

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

I think I am getting sick

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to jadebrit

sorry to hear that jade

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

I feel like I have avoided it for a while. It seems like everyone is getting sick. So I guess it is my turn to get sick. I just hope Westin doesn't get sick

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to jadebrit

awe! i know the feeling... we just got over it... and i pray it doesn't come back to us.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • Faithscrapper Said:

For me, celebrity crushes wouldn't work, but maybe something like fav people or date night is always good! Instead of trends I hate is it ok to do trends i love?

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

I hope everyone is feeling better today!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Hi -- ready to get started.

Paid 300 pts
Set up siggy 200 pts

Question aobut journal. I didn't get home until late last night. Can I join in today and do my 2 pages?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to NVyankee

crud! i knew there was something I forgot to upload last night! Quay, how will I do points when I upload it today since it wasn't uploaded yesterday?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-02-12 08:44 AM
In response to jadebrit

Dawn- Great Calendar Page Dawn!!

Jade- Oh No! That can't be good.

Good morning everyone..I'm up..and want to go back to bed. hehe BUT, I need to sew today, I am remodeling my daughters prom dresses for her daughter. She is 7 and we decided to put those millions of prom dresses to good use and recycle them into dress up clothes for Ivy a Christmas gift! She loves to play dress up!

So I need to get a move on...what with Christmas just around the corner and all. hehe

But first I thought I would check out the thread here and see if everyone is scrapping. lol Y'all are probably still a sleep... lucky!!

Alright I will pop back in today from time to time so keep busy ladies..

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-02-12 08:46 AM

• flutterbye0419 Said:
crud! i knew there was something I forgot to upload last night! Quay, how will I do points when I upload it today since it wasn't uploaded yesterday?

You still can upload it and take points, just not the 10 xtra points for doing it on the exact day it called for.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-02-12 08:53 AM

• Faithscrapper Said:
  • Quay Said:
  • Faithscrapper Said:

For me, celebrity crushes wouldn't work, but maybe something like fav people or date night is always good! Instead of trends I hate is it ok to do trends i love?

I added favorite celebrities or people to the original question. Hows that?

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

morning ladies. Feeling a little better. About to take some more advil sinus and start cleaning this house

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-02-12 08:56 AM
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Hi -- ready to get started.

Paid 300 pts
Set up siggy 200 pts

Question aobut journal. I didn't get home until late last night. Can I join in today and do my 2 pages?

Yep...you don't have to do the challenges that day, unless you want the xtra 10 points. As long as you get as many dailies done in a month, all of the monthly done by the end of the month and the weeklies done by the end of the week (sunday). Does that answer your question? If not yell a little louder!! hehehe

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-02-12 08:59 AM
In response to jadebrit

my fingers are x for you today...keep the meds going and relax today eh?

My mom use to make us have an enema every time we got the flu. eeeewwwwwww WHY???? I don't know, I guess back in the fifty's parents were nuts!! hehehe

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Quay

Romeo By DaNel Hicks
25 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
5 - for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points 
110 - PER flower (the whole flower, not counting each layer)
Volume Scrap
10 - PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
10 - PER person or animal in each pic
20 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

The Cake
The Cake By DaNel Hicks
35 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
25 - PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
60 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
30 - PER color of glitter mist, stickles, paint, or ink used
Volume Scrap
50 - for using one or more of the following themes: Christmas/Food/Family/Tra ditions
30 - PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
40 - PER person or animal in each pic
20 - page w/ 3+ pics
40 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture
5 - 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points

Week 1
Week 1 of Horse Camp By DaNel Hicks
25 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
20 - PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
10 - PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
Volume Scrap
50 - PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
120 - PER person or animal in each pic
30 - for rounding your corners on your pictures
60 - PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
20 - page w/ 3+ pics
20 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture
380 - 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points

1855 This post
3745 This Month

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • flutterbye0419 Said:

You still can upload it and take points, just not the 10 xtra points for doing it on the exact day it called for.

thanks

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
my fingers are x for you today...keep the meds going and relax today eh?

My mom use to make us have an enema every time we got the flu. eeeewwwwwww WHY???? I don't know, I guess back in the fifty's parents were nuts!! hehehe

I just cleaned all the floors in my house and now I am exhausted :/ And I cannot believe your mom gave you an enema when you got the flu. That is just crazy. I would never have the flu lol

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-02-12 11:06 AM
In response to jadebrit

Jade- It is crazy!!! Messed up even!!! hehehe

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

scary!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • Faithscrapper Said:
  • Quay Said:
  • Faithscrapper Said:

I added favorite celebrities or people to the original question. Hows that?

Great! I like that better! I used my coupon @M's and got a cool 3 ring smash-type journal. Can't wait to get done w/ choir practice and get home and play!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

I like todays daily. I wish I had my old photos stupid exhusband for burning all my stiff in the moving truck.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics