Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: December Photo Fun        (Topic#1582981)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO DECEMBER 2012 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share.
2. To the left of your screen about at the bottom of your image you will see "LINK/EMBED IMAGE". It's just below the Facebook, Twitter, & Pin it buttons. Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Left click on the copy & paste code box..it will turn blue. Right click on it to paste.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code.

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.
*End of Month photo contest entry deadline: December 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

DECEMBER Minis:

1 - jolly
2 - candle light
3 - bokeh
4 - present
5 - display
6 - ornament
7 - favorite decoration
8 - steam
9 - reflection
10 - celebration

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

I'm first yay!!!! See what 3 pots of coffee will do for you? Nice!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to WeeFaerie

I'm here.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

I''m in. I couldn't make it without you wonderful ladies.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to erjaan

I wanna be firsssssssssssst!!!!!! OK, I'll take 4th place!!!! I'm in......I have to be here, photos or not, I'd miss you all!!!!!

OK....need to 'manage' something as I can't subscribe! I never find stuff easily.....but I will!!!!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

I am here!
See Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to 2xblessed

I would love to join in here this month!!! If y'all are ok with it

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to flutterbye0419

Welcome back Dawn.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

thanks lori! i had a ton of stuff going on this year, but i'm back and have a new card reader, so should be able to actually get some photo's done!!! i wanna finally master that bokeh this year

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hello everyone!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

JCI

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Hard to believe tomorrow is Dec 1st...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to KristaDee

I would love to hang out and hopefully learn something. I did get a new camera in August and need to learn to take better photos.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Sassy Suzi

Morning!

Welcome Suzi! How cool that you spent time with the elderly! I know when my grandma was in assisted living, everyone always looked forward to certain activities. Bet the residents love when you come in! Do you spend time in just one facility or different ones every month?

Time to get going to our first game. Then we have a small break and head to a travel game. Two more again tomorrow.

I'll check back in in a bit!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

good mornin'! time to get going... have lists to make then off to the bank and grocery store... will check in here and get some pics along the way today

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Good morning!

Welcome to the group Suzi!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning.

Hello and welcome Suzi!

Krista I can't believe it's December either. Yikes!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to WeeFaerie

Good Morning Ladies!
Welcome Suzi! I know you will grow to love all of these super wonderful ladies! We share more than just photos! We share our 's and our times too! And sometimes we !
Look forward to getting to know you!
For my poor over taxed brain, someone please remind me what bokeh is?
Gorgeous day! Must try to do some cleaning. Wish Santa would bring me a cleaning elf!
BBL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to 2xblessed

woot woot, i got a cute pic of my girls this am for this challenge... will upload tonight!! they are CELEBRATING their very first time to have the HUGE hershey bars LOL!!!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

ok, it is morning and I am in a silly mood. I laughed myself crazy over Dawn's comment that she took a photo of her "girls" today. ahhmmmmm, I am assuming you mean DDs (dear daughters) as photo of the girls would be illegal. OK! I told you I was in an odd mood.

Hope to head off to a Mexican Fiesta at an ancient Mission near border. If we can't fit it in today we will do it tomorrow.

WELCOME to both Dawn and Suzi and may Dawn forgive me for my misreading of her post.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to erjaan

OMG! yes i mean my DD's!!!

you are forgiven... maybe I should have thought that over more LOL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI. I have about an hour and I'm off to the rink again. We had a sweet win today. Our house team played the team where it all started for Uriah. He scored the first goal and had another during the game. The coach (his old coach) commented to all the boys and gave U the cold shoulder and didn't say a word to him in the end of game hand shake. He also called the refs over after a goal Uriah had and complained it shouldn't count. The ref promptly told him his argument didn't apply! He put his biggest kids up against Uman and none could stop him, lol! Hopefully he didn't burn all his energy as our next game today is the one I care about...travel. We are 8 & 0 so far and in 1st place in the league (in our bracket).

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Dawn...I giggled at "the girls" too after Kate pointed it out.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI
Way to go Uriah!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Lori I can't believe how U's old coach treated him. How did U handle it? I know he is pretty mature when it comes to hockey, but that must be hard for him to take.

Kate teeheehee. You made me feel like I am in middle school again, the girls teeheehee.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Hello ladies! (notice I didn't say "girls")

Missa...I chalk it up to adult immaturity. He used to work for us when he was hard up for a job. He got made when we wouldn't pay ALL his taxes and we wouldn't pay him under the table. Was something with his unemployment. Too bad. He will not even look at us so whatever. As I've heard over the last few years.....several of the parents and uppers in "his" league (he's the president of the league) have tried to oust him for his stupid behavior. Uriah didn't say much....he's more mature than the adult. Matter of fact, he just chuckled about the incident.

This afternoon we got a major spanking. 8-1 was our final score. Thankfully, it was a non league game so it doesn't count against us.

I'm finishing up my pics in LR and need to post to FB. The rink we were at today was not how I wanted to break in my lens. I was able to find a tiny spot of glass that wasn't marred so badly I couldn't see through. I will have to adjust to the new lens but so far I'm pleased with the clarity. I can actually see more facial features. I'll have to share one in a bit.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Dec #1 By Desilu3131

Dec #2 By Desilu3131

mini #8 steam By Desilu3131

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

THANK YOU, THANK YOU DYANALaughter is the best medical and silly is fun.

Picked a few hundred tangerines to send to a mission tomorrow Loaded boxes of them in the car and you can hardly tell by the tree that we picked any.

Be back in a few with photos from today's fab fiesta!! I mean Fiesta de Tumacacori

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

Dance horse at Festival By Erjaan

Mini #5 Display By Erjaan

Dancing little Apache By Erjaan

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

#10-- Celebrate

Celebration!!! By Flutterbye0419

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

Making Reindeer food By Flutterbye0419

and one for fun... my girl making her reindeer food

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan

Oooh...count me in...thanks..

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to 2xblessed

• 2xblessed Said:
Good Morning Ladies!
Welcome Suzi! I know you will grow to love all of these super wonderful ladies! We share more than just photos! We share our 's and our times too! And sometimes we !
Look forward to getting to know you!
For my poor over taxed brain, someone please remind me what bokeh is?
Gorgeous day! Must try to do some cleaning. Wish Santa would bring me a cleaning elf!
BBL

Me too...need to know what "bokeh" is...you know me...coulnd't figure out "pod"...so you know this one has me.....lol! Thanks!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to nanasan

MINI #9 Reflection By Erjaan

My favorite photo today! Does the heart good just to look at it.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

bokeh info

bokeh info

This guy is sort of goofy but there are good examples here.
bokeh tutorial

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Glad to see you back Sandra

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF....

week 48 By Desilu3131

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

Lori-- thanks for posting the bokeh info... will check that out in just a few minutes...

wanted to take a moment to respond to the comments so far

lori-- that paper is birthday paper, but the girls loved it for chrismas presents, so i let them LOL and then i saw my cousin doing the same thing in kentucky! lol! as for the reindeer food, we put it together for our dear santa party tomorrow and put it in baggies for the kids to take home with them. we will be giving one bag per child. then if needed we can make more for us for later in the month. and i totally know what you mean about milk or special dark chocolate! they had the best of both worlds!

erjaan-- it does take a lot of food for those reindeer!!! and they will take their baggies and sprinkle them on our lawn. to help guide the reindeer to our place... they will see the glitter and know to stop here her name is Mackenzie Lynn and she was dubbed Kenzie by my niece Riley, when she was young, Riley couldn't say Mackenzie, so she just decided she was Kenzie and it stuck :).

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Has any one tried and succeeded at bokeh with a smaller than 50mm lens? I want to do it badly but just no luck my my lens.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Kate..I have honestly never tried it before I got a DLSR. Play. Sit a teacup or something way in front of something lit. Focus on the subject and see what happens. I did it with something on my kitchen table once with the Christmas tree in the background. It turned out pretty good. I have also used people as the subject with holiday lights in the background.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I believe I'll turn in and read for a bit. We have to be out of the house in the morning by 7:15. I'll most likely be gone through the early afternoon. Games at 9 & noon. Have a great evening!!

Kate- I got the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM. I don't know what all that means but I'm liking it. Now I will start saving for something that zooms farther. Maybe I'll have that lens in the next 6 years, lol!

Carolyn...the glass is marred by pucks mostly. But, there are plenty of stick marks, helmet scrapes, and probably some body DNA too. It is absolutely the worst taken care of glass (plexiglass really) that I have seen. It needs a good buffing or whatever they do, or replaced! It's a nice rink so it's a shame.

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan

Yes, thanks for the info on bokeh.
Dawn, your dd are beautiful!
Sweet memories..keep making them!
Here are a couple from today!
I DROPPED my camera on the sidewalk...
broke the catch on the battery door...
it will still close but will have
to try to get it fixed soon!

December Photo Fun- POD By Nanasan

December Photo Fun- Mini- Celebration By Nanasan

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to erjaan

i am going to try with my advanced p and s here in a bit and will let you know how it goes erjaan.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Heading to bed shortly to read for a bit.
Afraid to say it but, Daisy has not pooped in the house for 2 days! Keeping my fingers crossed that we are on our way to being completely housebroken! Sure hope so before Winter sets in for good!
Good Night Ladies!
BTW, for the new ladies, Daisy is my 6-month old Jack Russell/Pug that you can see in my gallery! Didn't want y'all thinking I was making a 2-legged baby potty outside!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to 2xblessed

in response to your question about the reindeer food, i don't think humans will want to consume glitter... LOL so it's for the reindeer i'll have to look for the recipe for humans to eat though... that might be fun for santa

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to erjaan

omg! i think i might have gotten it lori!! well without a subject anyway... i'm uploading from the camera now so you can tell me if either of the shots are what they should be

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

take one By Flutterbye0419

for take one, i learned after about 40 shots that i needed to have my camera sitting on a table or something to help stabalize it because i was shaking too much and got a HUGE amount of blurr... so i put it on a box. hoping that i could focus on my santa mug, the box ended up being down too low, so I raised it to a higher table... didn't want to bother with the bird by moving him so i could use his stand LOL and here's the second image... I'll try tomorrow using one of the kids but they are both sleeping:

attempt 2 By Flutterbye0419

what are your thoughts???? on a mission here to get it right this year LOL you have inspired me there lori!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Just passing through on my way to beddy bye. We shopped and returned stuff for hours .... every part of me aches......oh, to be young again!!!!!!

Daisy, so proud of you!!!!!!

Nighty Nite

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning!

Great job on the bokeh Dawn!

Yay...Daisy!

Linda....DH needs to give you a massage!

Off to the rink...see you all this afternoon!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

thanks lori! i'll try getting one of the kiddies to stand or sit in front of the tree while I try it... i'll show you how it ends up...

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Goof morning all. Spent yesterday with the SIL, MIL and SIL's best friend (who calls my MIL mom, so she's like another daughter). It was a fun day. Had brunch at the in-laws, then us ladies went shopping. Finally found fabric for my next upholstery project. (YEAH!), then the BF had to leave, so SIL and I kicked the in-laws out of the house, and rearranged MIL's living room and started getting the decorations up. Watched a Christmas movie after supper, and then the kids had a sleep over at the in-laws. So much fun. SIL is spending the week at the in-laws, so I'm looking forward to some catching up and chatting. She's a Mom of 6 (expecting #7) and the rest of the kids came in contact with someone who had foot and mouth - so she needed to vacate for a week. Anyways - we've got church. Talk to you all later.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Lori, I'll tell dh about the massage!!!!

Bohek? I thought that was a middle eastern appetizer! Hee hee....see, I'm a true foodie!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Linnny

lol linda! too cute!!! i'm leaving the settings alone and after dark going to try the bokeh setting with the girls in their black dresses from the wedding they were in back in april

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

I'm in again if that's okay. I've got last month's to finish which is nothing unusual with me lol.

I won two books from GOODREADS. I'm rather happy with myself be back soon.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to sasload4

ACU
Krista, 2 of my great-nephews hand/mouth disease and were miserable with it. Hope none of the sil's kids get it!
Sandra, congrat on winning the books! Which ones? I still am waiting on 2 I won to get here. But, that's ok because I still have books I haven't read yet.
Speaking of which, I think I will get off and go read!
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn - her youngest got it. And because she's pregnant - she had to leave. Now they are hoping that if the rest have it - they break out soon. She's been away from them since Friday - this is the longest she's left her kids. BIL was able to take off of work so that he could be home with them, but I know her oldest one is really missing her. She's got almost another full week left here before she can go back home. Hopefully this week, her and I will be able to finish purging MIL's basement.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Afternoon all!

My oldest got hoof & mouth when she was still on the bottle. She was miserable but that broke her from the bottle!

I'm working on the 1100 pics I took today! 1 tie, 1 win. U had 2 goals. Guess who we played today? Yep, the same lame coach as yesterday's house game. I didn't realize he coached a second team. He bypassed Uriah again. Not a problem...seeing his face when Uriah was on the ice and when he got his goals....priceless!

BB in a bit.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

dec. #3 By Desilu3131

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

that's awesome lori.... congrats to U!!!!!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

good afternoon all. 1 hour and Jeff and I are out for our first Christmas banquet for the year. Still have my hair in curlers, but I know what I'm wearing.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• desilu3131 Said:
Kate..I have honestly never tried it before I got a DLSR. Play. Sit a teacup or something way in front of something lit. Focus on the subject and see what happens. I did it with something on my kitchen table once with the Christmas tree in the background. It turned out pretty good. I have also used people as the subject with holiday lights in the background.

I do have a DSLR. But a small zoom lens. According to the directions it should be done with a 50mm lens and I don't have one. I'll keep trying and you keep pushing me and maybe I'll get it right.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
Carolyn - her youngest got it. And because she's pregnant - she had to leave. Now they are hoping that if the rest have it - they break out soon. She's been away from them since Friday - this is the longest she's left her kids. BIL was able to take off of work so that he could be home with them, but I know her oldest one is really missing her. She's got almost another full week left here before she can go back home. Hopefully this week, her and I will be able to finish purging MIL's basement.

Good luck Krista purging the basement with a homesick pregnant woman. I must admit I never tried that one. But purging?? Love it.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to erjaan

Holy Moly! Went to a wedding last night and was thinking "I need to post some pics" and then realized "Its December and its a whole new thread"...and her I find it already 4 pages in. I better get my act together... so yes, I'm in again this month.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Heather4859

Tumacocori Mission in s. Arizona By Erjaan

Tumacocori Mission By Erjaan

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to erjaan

Dropping off a pic.

December Photo Fun #1 By Mrs PaulyD

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Devil Dancers By Erjaan

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

JCI

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Banquet was sure tasty. Wish we could have sat with a more lively table... we sat with FIL (MIL didn't come - she wasn't feeling good), and Jeff's office mate - who is quiet, and who's wife is quiet. I don't mind quiet, but a little more conversation would have been fun. We were bored enough that we left early. Didn't stay for the local comedian.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

At least you got out for a bit Krista although you could have had that much fun at home, lol!

I'm turning in to read. Made DH a cake tonight for his B-day tomorrow. I wanted to get that out of the way so maybe I can make a few more batches of the tea cookies (wedding cakes, whichever). I also got all my hockey pics posted on fb. I've had a few parents ask to see the pics and my phone is being blown up by another parent apparently sharing all the pics of her two kids from today I shared. Oh boy! Anyway, with todays games pics, I shot over the 10,000 mark with pics on FB. I must be nuts!!

Nighty-O all!

Heather...yes that was a man down. The ice is slippery you know!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

KRITSA the devil dancer has green tucked under his hood, I don't remember that the others did. the Apache who described all this to us did not tell us all the details. Maybe some are not for us to know.

I wish I knew what some of the symbols meant too but that is not told to the crowd.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to erjaan

good night ladies... i'll be back in a day or so... have tons to get done tomorrow... heading out as soon as the girls get on the bus for my grocery shopping... and hope that i save more than i spend this week LOL

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Hi all.

Kate you are welcome!

Here a couple pictures from a day trip I took the other day...

POD#1- Road Trip By Lenethren

POD#2 - Road Trip2 By Lenethren

I got some photos of a hawk and two eagles as well. It was awesome to see those. I`ll upload them in a bit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

Kate - thanks for clarifying. It was a bit of an optical illusion when I was looking at it.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning.

Two batches of cookies done and already cleaned up. Now to do a bit of house cleaning and then I can play.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Heather I don't have the name of the breed of that beautiful black horse. I know it is Spanish and illegal to sell to other countries. I notice the larger knees and hocks than other horses and his hooves are taller than most. I have been researching but no luck so far.

heather and krista after much reseach and due consideration and racking my brain for memory, the black horse is a Iberian Warmblood or a Lusitano. I think it is the first one as Lusitano don't usually have the strong leg joints like the Iberian Warmblood.

Edited by erjaan on 12-03-12 06:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Hi everyone! I have a ton of catching up to do from this weekend wow!

Sandra (the Scot) I'm glad you are back this month. Any fun plans with your DGD's for Christmas.

Sandra bummer about your camera. I am a pro at breaking mine.

Carolyn way to go Daisy

Kate did you catch if the Apache were White Mountain or San Carlos? I am pretty jealous that you are pickign tangerines, and I'm putting on gloves. I miss the desert.

Krista Sorry about the bum company. I am gald you had fun. We have our first event on Saturday and the second on Sunday let the fun begin!
The hand foo sound awful I hope everyone is well.

Linny are finished with your gifts now? Did you get the massage?

Dawn the reindeer food sounds fun.

Lori only 1100 photo? 10,000 on FB wow that prolific.

I'm recovering from the weekend, i'll be back later.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!!!!

Missa, no massage "yet"!!!!! And still have a bunch of gifts to buy!

I joined a swap over the weekend. First in a long time. A bit nervous....I always doubt myself!!!

Dyana, your recent pics are breathtaking and surreal!!!!

Kate, I love your photography. I feel like you take us by the hand and give a a true tour of what you see!!!!

Me.....my camera is safely locked in the door compartment of the car!!!! Keep forgetting to get it out! Hmmmmmmm I wanna take a pic of our new microwave....it is super cool looking and so far seems to work!

Happy Monday!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Linnny

morning! it's been a busy day already, but that's good because it means i'm getting things done. i'll be back here after i get the dye out of my hair and get some cleaning done. so much to do and only one of me

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Dawn...I can picture you typing with dye on your hair. You are far braver than me...I make my DD do mine.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

I dye my hair myself too! I'm a bit sloppy at times and wind up with my tata's looking a bit like animal print!!!!!!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Missa the Apache who had the microphone and explained things would NOT give any details. If he was asked a question the most he would say is "On the reservation" no times, no dates, no details no locations. He did slip one interesting thing that surprised me' quote; "as I was growing up I wanted to be a real Indian, I wanted to be like the men so I drank a LOT and smoked a LOT but then I found dancing and changed my life. I am not wild any more".OOPSjust checked my program and they are from Fort Apache.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

THANKS LINNNY you are a doll. How is the wrist?

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Kate Fort Apache is on the White Mountain Rez, the rez I live on, it's about 5 miles from here. Thank goodness this emcee was saved from the violence. The social issues here are simply awful. I don't want to be a downer in December but just last night Toph, for the first time as a Dr., had to pronounce someone dead after being murdered. I only recommend a day time visit to the rez.

Cheetah print tatas oh my!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i normally do, lori, but i didn't have anyone available LOL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good afternoon all. Spent my morning in Urgent Care and then the hospital with Crispin... long morning. He started complaining on Friday about headaches. Nasty sharp ones. Today he had another "spasm" - they seem to hit hard and intense for about 5 minutes and then he's over it (still has pain but not bad). So I took him it to Urgent Care. Sat there for 2 hours till we saw the Doc. She looked at him and then told us to head to the hospital for blood work. So we sat there for 2 hours waiting for bloodwork, and then results and then to see the Doc. Bloodwork came back clean - so that is wonderful news. However, we still don't know what's causing the headaches. Doc was a little concerned with his tonsils - they are quite enlarged - so we will be seeing the ENT specialist (same one who took Crispin's adnoids out almost 2 years ago). He thought that maybe the tonsils being so enlarged are causing some of the issues - I"m not totally convinced, but we will see. I'm going to keep a record of how often he has these "spasms" and go from there.
If they start showing up more - we will go back to ER.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Here is a hawk and some eagles...

POD#3-Rough Legged Hawk By Lenethren

POD#4-Bald Eagle Mates By Lenethren

Krista hope he gets better fast.

Lori yes that was a house and barn on a fair bit of land. Wouldn`t it be amazing to have a ranch there?

Edited by Lenethren on 12-03-12 12:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

JCI again. Almost time to head to the rink, again.

Dyana..yes it would be amazing to have a ranch in that spot. I enlarged your pic and you got amazing detail!

Krista...poor Crispin! I sure hope he feels better. My oldest DD has been complaining of severe headaches recently. Not all the time but several times lately. She had her adenoids out but not her tonsils....hum...does Crispin complain about this throat hurting when he gets the headaches? I don't know if DD's does but just curious!

BBL all!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Krista I hope Crispin gets good treatment and good solutions follow soon. Poor buddy.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Thanks for the info MISSAI wondered if the Apache tribes were still living up to their name. Poor Toph. Goes with the job I know but the first one has to be hard.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to erjaan

Hi all.

Dropping off a pic.

Kate, can you help me identify this building?

December Photo Fun #2 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

heading to bed... it's been a long day...

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Missa, I know it had to have been hard for Toph to lose his first patient, especially in such a horrible way. I remember the first time Jack (my doc) lost a patient, he took it hard. What made it so much worse was the family standing over her when she was dying arguing over who got what when she died. I knew the lady all my life practically and she didn't HAVE anything worth fighting over. So sad!
Krista, my prayers for Crispin and y'all. Is he having muscle spasms or are they more like seizures? Is it normal to have to wait so long to see a doctor when you go to Quick Care or the ER? They have socialized medicine where you live, right? What is your opinion on it?
For those of you who were sure I was nuts when I said something about an edible for people reindeer food. A friend posted one on FB. I can't remember which one so I put out a plea for whoever it was to please Inbox it to me. Will share when they reply.
Lori, finally got the book. It came by UPS. Strange it took so long unless it was because of the Holidays.
Goodnight Ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn - I described his pain as a "spasm" because it hits so fast. Not sure what else to have called it. It's not seizures, it's just sudden pain in his forehead. From the hair line down to the bridge of his nose. Just a straight line (or that's how he described it). Lasts about 5 minutes from first pain till the crying is done. Some pain still lingers, but the extremeness is gone.

I love our health care here. There is always room for improvement, but I don't mind knowing I can just walk into the ER or the Walk in and not need to worry if insurance will cover it (That's how it is there - right?) But, yes - there are longer wait times. It can take months to get in with a specialist. I'm hoping that it won't take that long with Crispin... but we will see.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Krista, I am so sorry Crispin is having to go through this pain. I pray he can be seen quickly and that the doctor can "fix" it fast.
Yes, insurance can be a pain to deal with here. Right now, mine is saying I no longer need a particular drug. Their reasoning is that it is past its therapy duration. I am on Medicaid and am constantly being told by them that I need to change drugs ( a cheaper one) or that I don't really need it in the first place. The government run hospitals here in Louisiana have long waiting lines to see specialists or to get a bed if you need to be admitted (no matter how critical you are). I once was there over night for a severe asthma attack. The only place they could put me was in a supply closet on a stretcher with no sheet and people coming in and out getting supplies. I was never checked on during that time. It was a nightmare! I am afraid that it is only going to get worse here. I thank God that I have my doc in my corner now. Makes a big difference!
Heading to bed for real this time! Good Night all!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning! Well, I have 2 kids home sick today, the 2 youngest. I'm ready for Christmas vacation. Then they can all have time to get well and have a few days off before going back to school and picking up the next illness.

Krista~ I hope everything gets taken care of with Crispin. I'm so sorry to hear he is suffering.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to WeeFaerie

morning! it's a day of getting a scrapbooking to do list for the challenges wrote out so i can get those going... finishing up the december daily and journaling in there the first few days of the month. then I get to get my room organized and ready to go since we have guests coming over in a few weeks. and work my way back to the front of the house that way... it just seems there's always too much to do and not enough time in the day to get it all done...

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Dawn...I feel the same way. I have so much I need to do today but not sure where I want to start.

Missa...I missed what Toph went through the other day on the job (I apparently skimmed right over it). How is he doing now? My DD was telling me yesterday that she heard on the news a body was found in a freezer here...I missed that too.

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics