Page 7 of 7 
Username Post: December Photo Fun        (Topic#1582981)
Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Linnny

Morning!

Kate, try potatoes too for the leg cramps

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Good morning all. Having a great time at the farm. Today my goal is to snap some great outdoor shots... that is of course, if it's slightly warmer than it has been. It's been sitting around -20C (-4F) and then windy on top of that - so it's colder.

Lori - we love Doctor Who... started rewatching Doc #9 with the boys. They love it too. Jeff got me two t-shirts with Doc Who references on them. One says "Keep Calm and Don't Blink" and the other is "The Angels have the Phone Box". Not sure how many you've seen - but the shirts refer to the Weeping Angels.... Won't say more than that if you haven't seen those ones yet.

Not sure what else today has planned - I think my cousin might be coming over if she's up to it. Hoping that her parents can come too. Well, I think breakfast and a mug of coffee is ready.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI

Don't forget to start thinking about your end of month photo submission....29th by 6pm est.

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to desilu3131

Hello ladies, golly it seems like a million years since I was on this site. So much going on, and then Thanksgiving and Christmas, just didn't seem like I could get caught up.
Hope all is well with everyone, and hoping to get back into the photo a day.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Marilee55

Kate - no worries about Finnegan neglecting his dragon. Although he has tested each new toy out at least once he has insisted I still play Dragon several times (he pushes it into my hand and as soon as I have a grip on it he tries to take it away lol it is his favourite game) and he is still dragging dragon off to snuggle at bedtime.

I recommended GoodReads to my oldest DD. She signed up that night and shortly after midnight she saw she had a email...she had won a book! I can`t believe she won that fast.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

JCI
Feel so much better since my haircut and mani. Ready for a nap, though. I really have too much to do, but am thinking about a power nap.
I take Requip for my leg cramps. It usually keeps them in control. My potassium runs on the high side to the point I have to take a nasty (only comes in liquid) drug to keep it lowered. Drinking lots of water helps so many health issues. I know I don't drink enough water. I am trying to do better with it. Did y'all know if you wait until you are thirsty that you are already dehydrated? Another sign of dehydration is to pull the skin on the back of your hand straight up, if it doesn't immediately smooth back when released, you are dehydrated. I guess that is more than you wanted to know about dehydration. It's just I know I became severely dehydrated when I was a kid due to a stomach virus. It was horrible. I had all kinds of really real-to me hallucinations. Scary stuff!
Ok, off to pig on some fudge and then must do some house cleaning. Cousin ran in and bought me some really pretty rubber gloves to protect my mani! BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Hi all!

DS and I did some shopping today. I bought several holiday plastic food storage containers (walmart specials). I send a lot of food home to DH's dad and they seem to never come back. I use them here for leftovers too. U got two new pair of shoes @ buy one get one 1/2 off. Wrapping paper and boxes & tags for next year too. Even some candy. Didn't do too bad today.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI again.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
Good morning!

Brrrrrr, baby it's cold outside. And damp....supposed to rain. The storms that came through last night and the winds!!!!!! 60mph.....my sofa felt like it shook! Need to go to PT...wish I were more optimistic. I think it takes me forever to heal. My wrist is still swollen....surgery was Nov 2nd! Guess I'll bundle up and go....feels good when they put my hand in the hot sand machine....maybe I can just bring the machine home with me!!!!

Katie, sounds like you had a really awful night...do you take anything for that. Requip helps me for the restless legs; but when I get the leg cramps, dh massages my legs....nothing else seems to help.

Sipping my java.....must have eaten a bit too much last night....woke up feeling full, hmmmmmm I think it's something very special to munch chocolate in bed

Linnny I drink Tonic water (quinine) now and then and usually does the trick. Adding more water to my day also helps. But I did BOTH those yesterday and I am almost afraid to go to bed for fear of a repeat. We shall see.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Heather4859

• Mrs PaulyD Said:
Morning!

POTATOES!!! That's like a gift!! Potatoes are my fav food!!! Now I have an excuse. YOU MADE MY DAY. How's Gunner?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
  • Mrs PaulyD Said:
Morning!

POTATOES!!! That's like a gift!! Potatoes are my fav food!!! Now I have an excuse. YOU MADE MY DAY. How's Gunner?

Hmmmmm.....I thought you were to place the potato under your mattress! I've also heard for RLS to place a bar of Dove under your mattress. I'm thinkin it was the Dove company who started that one!!!!! Oh well, smelled nice!

Kate, hope you have a peaceful sleep...with or without the potatoes!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

JCI again.

Kate...my DFIL always talks about drinking quinine. That was his drink of choice while he lived in Africa. Hope you have a peaceful sleep tonight!

Linda...have never heard of the Dove bar under the mattress. That's my soap of choice though.

Just ventured on the Amazon site. Ordered U a new hat. The one my DD got him for Christmas is too small for his fat head and is giving him a headache. I also went through about 100 pages (there were 400 total) of Pittsburgh Penguins stuff. Found a couple items I ordered for his birthday in March....if I can wait to give him them that long. Both DH and I got new robes for Christmas. I actually asked for one. Must mean I'm getting old, lol! Tonight U wanted to take mine for himself as it's fleece and snuggly. I found a Penguins one for him of the same material. I also found a big bottle bank with his favorite player on it. I hope the crazy mohawk hat fits him. It was pricy. We looked though many and of course that's the one he loved!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night Girls!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Amazon can be addictive! My cousin in-law gave me a gift card for my birthday I think it was last year. I have 4 or 5 different wish list now. Some of them I may actually get the stuff on them and the others (well, it doesn't hurt to dream big). Heading to bed shortly. Good Night Ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

I love Amazon. They have the best customer service and always stand behind the products the various vendors sell. I too placed an order today!!!

Good Night .... peaceful dreams

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Linnny

I have some catching up to do, but I'm dropping off some photos first.

I heard that all us ladies are going to bring in the New year in Times Square, and we are crashing at Linda's place!!!

What are everyone's plans for the New Year? Do you have a traditional meal on New Year's Day?

POD #5

SHOW US SOME LEG LUV!!! By Sasload4

POD #6

A JOLLY HISSY FIT!!! By Sasload4

POD #7

Ignore the mess in the background (now everyone takes a closer look) it's my craft table, and it's actually in a messy sense of order. I've moved most of it to my scraproom since the photo was taken.

WHERE'D THEY GO? By Sasload4

POD #8

LOVEABLE SISTERS!! By Sasload4

POD #9

DUST STORM MOON By Sasload4

BBL with

Edited by sasload4 on 12-27-12 11:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to sasload4

Good morning!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to WeeFaerie

Hey all!

I forgot that I hadn't checked in today.

Took DH to get new tires on his truck then we made a Wally World run. Came home and U dressed for some more outside play. It's quite a bit colder today but the temps are really supposed to drop by tomorrow so I let him out. Been working on billing for the business (yay). In a bit I'm going to venture to the mall. I have a couple of gifts I still need to get. That's terrible, I know! Haven't seen my mom in a few weeks and still need something for my stepdad. She is still snowed in, in the boonies. She had to cancel her eye appointment today, couldn't even get out of the drive. It's a long one!

Sandra....we have a traditional meal for New Years Eve. DH always makes his homemade tacos...shell & sauce. The sauce is spicy and the shells are a soft corn shell. They are delicious. Then we have the leftovers New Years Day.

I think a party in NYC sounds good to me. Never been there for the drop of the ball. Our Mayor is really trying to make our downtown experience more eventful. Of course they are trying to draw people in. Eventually he stated he's like to see our own New Years Eve ball drop. I think that might be kinda cool.

Kate...how was your sleep?

I got notice that the hat I ordered U last night was on the way! Oh how I hope it fits his big head. I'd wear it myself if it wasn't the rotten team of his choice.

Carolyn...I won another book. I'm not fooling with it though as it's a downloadable one. Plus, you had to join some other thing to get the full version. I particularly don't want to read on my Mac. Can't multitask that way. If it was an audio book, that would be a different story.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to WeeFaerie

Good Morning!
ACU
Sandra, my New Year's Eve tradition is going to my church's annual "sing in the New Year" singing. We start at 7:00 P. M. and have different groups singing until at least midnight, with a refreshment break around 10. Love it and actually start looking forward to the next one when the last song is finished. My favorite group is the Southern Plainsmen. It is composed of 4 men and they sing Southern Gospel. I have known the lead singer and only original member since '86. He used to be a nurse at the hospital where I was a regular patient at the time. If any of y'all ever get the chance to hear them, go. If you like Southern Gospel, you will enjoy them.
My church's home group "One Accord" will be singing, too. It is made up of 2 couples and they sing a mixture of oldies and more modern. Both of these groups travel so, if you would like them to sing in your church I can give you contact info if you PM me.
BBL with my last 2 photos. . . I hope.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...I think you've shared photos of the Plainsmen before. They have CD's out, right?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Last year I wanted to enter a few pics in our county fair. For some reason it's really hard to find out any info on "how to". My DSM hooked me up and got me all the info. I missed the deadline. It was to grueling going through all my photos from the past year to try to find anything I thought I might like to enter. I knew of a few but finding them was another story. I save all my pics by month. Anyway, I made a new folder yesterday specifically for fair entries. Now, when I have a photo I want for an entry I'll know where it is! I'm so smart, eh?

Back to finding something constructive to accomplish!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi everyone!

Darci it's good to see you thanks for the condolences.

I;m never going to get caught up this month, we had teh funeral yesterday and today the rest of the family is flying out. G and I are the only hangers on.

I hope everyone is doing well!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa...when are you headed back home?

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

JCI
Yes Lori, now that you mention it, I seem to remember sharing a photo of the plainsmen.
Good idea to have a folder for fair entries. I have thought about entering a fair, just don't know if I am "good enough".
BBL

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

Hi everyone!

JFF...I shared this pic of Finnegan & Dragon last year but just got around to scrapping it.
A Dog and His Dragon By Lenethren

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to Lenethren

#8! Just 2 more and I will actually meet the minimum this month.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to WeeFaerie

Hi dearies!

Wanted to share a pic of the newest addition to the family. My great nephew Vincent Anthony....he's 2 months old. Couldn't hold him for long....my arm was feelin it!!!!! lol

Vincent Anthony By Linnny

OK....one more and I'll make the 10 for the month!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to WeeFaerie

• WeeFaerie Said:
I'm jealous Lori! We're only supposed to get 2-4 inches out of this storm. Enjoy it!

I have been un-decorating all morning. All I have left to do is finish taking down the tree, the kitchen, and the front door area. The house is feels so much bigger.

I only put up the tree (with only part of the ornaments), stockings, and one snow man to sit on the tv area. I am almost ready for it to be taken down but it is a nice night-light and I don't think the kids will let me yet...

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
  • Mrs PaulyD Said:
Morning!

Is it the potassium in the potatoes? I've been eating more potatoes than usual and I am still getting toe-cramps lol.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to Greenacres

Hey ladies!

Looks like baby should be here for another month.

12/25 By Greenacres

Hoping to get more sleep as she ages. She's been doing a 5 hour stretch the last few nights...as long at she's sleeping on me in the recliner.

Hope you all have a Happy New Year if I don't get back before then. I will be looking for the link for next month. HUGS all!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

#9, just 1 more!!!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Yes, Lori, the Southern Plainsmen have CDs. Hope they can sell a lot of them New Year's Eve. They aren't getting as much for love offerings lately. When the economy is as bad as it is, churches and Christian groups are the first to feel the pinch. People just don't have "extra" money for things like that.
Still need to get the last 2 photos done. BBL

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Dec. 2012 POD #9 By 2xblessed

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Evening all!

I've been out looking for Chia seeds and can't find them. I still have 2 Mexican stores I haven't looked in. Anyone else use them that know where to find them other than ordering online? I haven't tried Trader Joe's yet as there is not one close to me.

I did find some cool tapioca pearls tonight. They are colored..pink (light & dark) and green. I wonder if the color will stay when they are cooked. For a buck at the oriental market it was worth trying.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Lori I return to AZ on the 6th. We planned long stay knowing that my Grandma was nearing the end. I'm really glad I can be here with my mom for the next week now that everyone else has returned home.

Have a really nice night everyone!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF.....

week 51 By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Missa...I'm sure your mom is grateful to have you & G. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
  • erjaan Said:
  • Mrs PaulyD Said:
Morning!

Hmmmmm.....I thought you were to place the potato under your mattress! I've also heard for RLS to place a bar of Dove under your mattress. I'm thinkin it was the Dove company who started that one!!!!! Oh well, smelled nice!

Kate, hope you have a peaceful sleep...with or without the potatoes!

Actually, LINNNY you put the bar of soap, any brand, under the sheet and if a leg cramp begins you just pass your leg over it, but it often prevents the cramp altogether and it works but NOT for RLS just cramps.

I slept fine, no cramps just hints of them this morning.I had potatoes to day too. I don't care if potatoes work or not, I just want potatoes.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
WORLD'S BEST APPLE PIE By Erjaan

I promise you this is the best recipe for apple pie ever!!AND it is easy

Granny Smith Apple Pie
2 pie crusts, home made or unrolled from a box
6or7 Granny Smith apples peeled
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter.
Set oven to 350
I quarted the peeled apples and cut out the core and grated them in a food processor but you can just peel them and grate them by hand. YES GRATE

Melt butter on stove or microwave, stir in sugar. (Sugar will not melt)(you can add a touch of cinnamon here if you wish)

Place apple gratings in pie shell, pour butter and sugar over the top. Cover with second crust.

Bake 45 to 55 minutes until crust is brown

Sounds wonderful, I am going to try this.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Sassy Suzi

JCI
This has been another cold and nasty day. UGH!
I like cold weather, but when it is rainy and gloomy, that gets depressing!
One more photo to go!
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI one last time.

I've been searching the great beyond for a calendar template. Thinking of continuing my photo a day this coming year but I might make it easy on myself by doing it by the month. It will be cheaper to print too. Now to find the perfect template. I've found several I like but they are not the size I want. I may play tomorrow (like I have nothing better to do) in PSE and see what I can come up with.

It's snowing here again. Looks like we might get another inch or 3.

Have a great evening all!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

LORI chia can be bought at any Whole Foods or other "health food" or Natural grocery store or on line, also Hemp seed, Traders Joes MIGHT have it too. Good luck, is it for Super Gruel?

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

HELP!! I am looking for a Christmas tree ornament of a soldier. I dropped mine with un-decorating yesterday and broke him beyond fixing. I have an ornament for each of my family members and the soldier represented my Grandson-in-law who is a disabled vet. I searched the net and the local stores and NO LUCK. I bought it four years ago and soldier ornaments were common then!!!
Broken soldier By Erjaan

Edited by erjaan on 12-29-12 06:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Morning!

Kate I found a pudding I'm interested in using Chia with. Also read that it is a dieters friend so I'm anxious to try it.

What type of soldier are you looking for? Army? I will be out and about some today and will keep my eye open. Seems you have posted a pic of it before, last year maybe. Well, wha-la there it is!! It looks Army.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning...

We left the farm yesterday, but have stopped at a friends place. Will bring in the New Year with them. Should be lots of fun.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Kate...I searched Hobby Lobby where I originally saw military ornaments...all were gone. I also went to the mall and looked at both ornament kiosks, none.

It is so beautiful out, we got 4 more inches early this am. I love to look at the trees when they are covered.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Kate...I found some you might check out.

Ornament

ornament

ornament

ornament

This one looks just like yours. He's the first one in the second row.

Ornament

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Still snowing here!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Hi all.

We've been getting light flurries for a day now, but the sun is out now.

December Photo Fun #6 By Mrs PaulyD

December Photo Fun #7 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Reminder to get those photo's in!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oh Kate....I found my Chia seeds at the health food store. I never considered looking there but I pass the place several times a week.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Just found a pic from earlier in the month I forgot I had

December Photo Fun #8 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF....

week 52 By Desilu3131

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

Getting my last photo in.

Remember these wee guys?
#3 Mini - GROWING By Sasload4

This is them now!

POD #10

KITTENS ALL GROWN UP!! By Sasload4

The cat in the background is actually their MUM, Annabelle.

Off to catch up on love and send Lori my photo.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to sasload4

Kate, amazon.com has an amazing variety of Army Christmas ornaments, some are very similar to the one you broke.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• desilu3131 Said:
Oh Kate....I found my Chia seeds at the health food store. I never considered looking there but I pass the place several times a week.

LORI glad you found them without going all the way to Trader Joes. You and I made a great trade off today didn't we? I got my soldier and you got chia. I can't believe you found him, I search for ever and looked at Army ornaments for an hour and never came close. THANK YOU SO MUCH

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

• 2xblessed Said:
Kate, amazon.com has an amazing variety of Army Christmas ornaments, some are very similar to the one you broke.

Carolyn thanks, I didn't read yours until I read Lori's so I already have him coming in the mail. so glad to have that over.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Good trade indeed Kate! So glad you were able to get a replacement!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

December Poll

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Thought about posting January sign ups while I was at it but I'm going to wait.

I have the Poll ending early on the 31st. I know for me I'd probably forget to check later in the day. We will have a house full.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
HELP!! I am looking for a Christmas tree ornament of a soldier. I dropped mine with un-decorating yesterday and broke him beyond fixing. I have an ornament for each of my family members and the soldier represented my Grandson-in-law who is a disabled vet. I searched the net and the local stores and NO LUCK. I bought it four years ago and soldier ornaments were common then!!!
Broken soldier By Erjaan

Have you tried E6000 available at most stores. I will keep a lookout for a soldier for you.

JUST READ THAT YOU HAVE FOUND A NEW ONE. MISSON ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Edited by sasload4 on 12-29-12 04:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

Finally getting caught up.

LORI/KRISTA - Dr. Who is celebrating 50 years of being on the telly next year. All sorts of celebrating happening in London.

LORI - Can't wait to see the Valentine tree.
It was a white Christmas here, all of about an inch of snow, but we had it!!
For Ner's Day (New Year's Day) we generally have steak pie, gravy, roast potatoes and veg. This year Steve (DH) wants a Czech meal, so it will be pork loin or chops, sauerkraut and dumplings and veg. Not a great fan of sauerkraut I will have to call SIL to get the family recipe.
Good luck entering photos in the fair next year.
What are Chia seeds, and what do you do with them?

CAROLYN - Finished my book that I won. It was a good murder mystery. Now I need to start my next book that I just received the other day. Must get on Goodreads and write my review and maybe win some more books.
So glad you enjoyed your mani, and getting your hair cut. Feels good to be pampered every once in a while.
Have a wonderful time at the Sing In The New Year.
If I can win at the County Fair with some on my photos which are nothing compared to the ones on this thread then I know you can place with yours. Now State Fair would be a different story for me.

KATE - Are you still having trouble with the leg cramps?

LINNNY - How is the wrist doing? I loved the hot machine, only mine was shredded corn husks and not sand.

MARILEE - Hope your Christmas was a good one, and your New Year a safe and happy one.

MISSA - I'm sure your Mum appreciates you and G being there still. She may not say it, but you are a big help to her right now.

TADA I'm all caught up!!!

BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Sandra...Chia seeds are a bit smaller than sesame seeds. New to them but they are supposed to be good for you. I'm using mine in pudding to start.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI.

I just spent the last hour browsing a hockey site. I've ordered from them before. Got an email from them with a load of junk on clearance. I of course suckered myself in and ordered Uriah's birthday stuff. I'm done with that, 3 months early, lol! I did get some really good deals too!

Think I'll turn in and catch up on the news...maybe read a bit too! Tomorrow we are food shopping for taco makings to feed an army! I want to get all the prep work done tomorrow too! Makes it much easier!

Night!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Good morning!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI. Working on chopping my taco makings for tomorrow. We went to the store to get all our goodies and forgot the main thing....MEAT! DH will have to make another wally world run, lol!

These are JFF.....

organization By Desilu3131

Jump! By Desilu3131

I'll post Jan sign ups sometime today.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

Afternoon all

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

JCI again. Made rice crispy treats (my special kind) and have some tapioca going in the crock. I found some colored Thai tapioca pearls the other day. Hope it turns out!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Rice Krispie treat and tapioca? BOTH, now I want some. ohhhhhh, I need a treat.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

January Sign ups

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

The tapioca turned out good but lost its color.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Dec. 2012 POD# 10 By 2xblessed

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi everyone I hope I am better able to keep up next month. Cheers everyone.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Thanks for asking: my leg and foot cramps are gone, they will return but now I know to take the steps to prevent them seriously. Tonic water, hot baths, bananas, and potatoes. Easy peasy.(and the bar of soap under the bottom sheet just to make sure)

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

JCI.

Actually watched football some tonight. Vikings was a good game.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night all!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Will need to have more energy tomorrow than I have had today. Need to make some finger foods for our singing tomorrow night at church. We always have a packed church for these signings and they come hungry! lol We have some who follow the Plainsmen wherever they go within a couple hundred miles of where they live and some have even taken the cruise with them. I would love to take the cruise myself, if I ever strike it rich I will be the first to sign up. In the meantime, I will have to be content to see them on land whenever I can.
Heading to bed soon.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Carolyn....a cruise sounds nice. I was on a cruise boat once, for our honeymoon. We went to FLA and took a whopping 1 day cruise to the Bahamas. That's not really what I call cruising,lol! I'd love to take an Alaska cruise!

U and I are off to weigh in this am. Promised him Panera for breakfast after.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Morning!

Lori, I want to take a cruise to Alaska and Hawaii so badly! My aunts went once or twice and loved it. I have family living in Anchorage, so the closest I have been is pictures.
It's cold here this morning. Going back to bed. Daisy is "doggy jail" for peeing on the floor. I have lots to do today, so she may be in there a lot to keep her out of trouble.
Right now, I am going back to bed for a bit.
BBL

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Dyana, don't feel "silly" for not seeing the moon in my moon shot. Look toward the upper middle and between the bare limbs of the tree. It is kinda hard to see because it is so bright (kinda looks like the sun or a "hot" spot). And, I love my view when sitting outside, too. I wish "well-meaning" family could understand why I don't want to move to town, "where it's safer, where I am not alone, where !

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Well, I almost made it. I got 9 photos turned in this month See you in January!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to WeeFaerie

Winners for December's favorite photo:

Dyana: Cowboy Louie
&
Carolyn: The Natchitoches' Christmas lights

Congrats Ladies!!!

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to 2xblessed

• 2xblessed Said:
ACU
Darci, I miss you my friend!
Went to get the photo off of my camera and it wasn't there. Not sure what happened. So, I may use a couple that I have already shot.
Have an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow and am treating myself to a mani ( been a long time since I have had one). I am thinking I am going to tell Jacquelline (sp) to surprise me with my hair. I want something fun and easy, not too short but, not left too long either. i am still having trouble with my wrist. I hope Rita can make it feel better. She always massages the hands and wrists as part of the mani. Just hope I can stand her touching it.
Headed toward the bed to read. Lori, so far The Man Who Saw A Ghost has been rather boring. Not at all what I was expecting. Hope it gets better!
Good Night Ladies!

Hi Carolyn...Thanks, I missed you too my friend.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Oh wow!!! So excited to have won! I really did not expect to win. I never feel like my choice measures up to everyone else's photos. Congrats to Dyana, too! High Five! We need a smiley that does a "high five"!
BBL Have so much to do! Busy Busy! Must get busy!

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
Hi everyone!

Darci it's good to see you thanks for the condolences.

I;m never going to get caught up this month, we had teh funeral yesterday and today the rest of the family is flying out. G and I are the only hangers on.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Missa...Thanks, it is good to be back here with all of you. And, you're welcome sweetie...hope you and G enjoy the rest of your vacation.

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to 2xblessed

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year's Eve...wishing all of you a safe and fun-filled night. Anyone have special plans for tonight??

DYANA and CAROLYN...Great photos!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to krazy4kardz

Congratulations to Carolyn and Dyana

My plans for tonight are to call my Mum a little after 6:00pm central time and wish her Happy New Year, and any other family members who may be there. The remainder of the night, parking my rumpus on the couch with a bottle of plonk or I may do some scrapping, decisions, decisions, decisions

Everyone have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to sasload4

Congrats to Carolyn and Dyana

Trying to bring some smiles to dh...he's a New Year Baby so I'm making him a carrot cake for his birthday. I have a cream cheese frosting recipe. Ya think I can make it and put in frig till time to put on cake or will it get hard. Recipe is just butter, cream cheese, confectionary sugar and vanilla.

Edited by Linnny on 12-31-12 11:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Linda...the cakes sounds awesome! Today is my niece's b-day. People will be over in a few. I'll BBL!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Thanks everyone! Very exciting. Congrats Carolyn.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

JCI

Happy New Years to you all!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Evening!

All the company is gone and everything is cleaned up! WHEW! Now I'm going to relax tonight with a new monster I'm working on.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

Quiet night, just me, cats and dogs, oh yeah and the telly. I got two LOs done for two challenges, nothing like waiting until the last minute to get stuff done

I won another book on Goodreads. It's called THE TAINTED COIN, Surgeon Chronicles #5, the author is Hugh De Singleton.

HAPPY NEW YEAR when it comes to you

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Awesome on the book win Sandra!

I'm really hoping to win again. So far I've liked the books I've won and am ready for another.

Uman has already conked out. DH just got home, was visiting his buddy. The house is quiet with the exception of all the random fireworks and sirens I hear outside. We will be up to ring in the new year. I with my nightcap and him with his Diet Coke, lol!

See you all in January!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Happy New Year! Trying to wind down after the singing at church. Great crowd and great singing.
Congrats on the book win, Sandra. I won another one, too. Can't remember the name of it right now.
Heading to bed. Took lots of photos, need to edit them first.
Good Night Ladies!

Page 7 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics