Username Post: Progressive Round 1 ~~~Live at 8 AM        (Topic#1583007)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them--or at least that's where you thought you left it)

THIS IS A MOTIVATIONAL ROUND --- no points no prizes BUT

All players that complete a page and PM me their address I will send out a clay cameo

At the selected time of the day 8 Am EST, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

This weekend our progressive will be related to sexy men and the link is found here

We will do a third round Saturday evening or Sunday depending on interest

Round one is still open

round two set to go at noon

You will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step can be using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free moment to play. For this mega large progressive you have one week to finish any project.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift or freestyle
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title
*******Step seven: journaling/doodling time

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within one week of the last direction.
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type.
This month (JUNE) is for points! Every layout you complete (one per round) earns you points. Extra points for finishing 1st, 2nd,or 3rd and winning a poll or vote plus encouraging a friend to play along
****When the challenge weekend has been closed I will PM all participants and each person that completes a page will select their favorite project. Voting earns you more points
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will points for PMing a vote..
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the the week.
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 12-01-12 07:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Here's a place to search for anything new...you can use any of these pins in place of a step

http://pinterest.com/msschwiet/november-sc rap-inspirati...

justowen
Governor
justowen

YIKES! I'm going to have to try to get up early! Wonder what my scrapdesk looks like...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Like my aunt says... you'll get plenty of sleep when your dead!!

justowen
Governor
justowen

Yeah, after this week, I already feel dead! I had planned to 'hopefully' sleep late...like 7 or even 8 tomorrow, but I've got to make the scrapbook page!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Like my aunt says... you'll get plenty of sleep when your dead!!

Wow ... scrappin' Saturday at 0800 ... I'm not sure I even do that at a Crop, LOL! I'll see what I can do but I'm still working on a paper and it's midnight. I might have to "catch up"

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Goooooood morning scrapers. I'm awake gonna sip my coffee and read. Don't be surprised if I doze back off. I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. Since I'm fighting a cold I need lots of rest so today will be interesting

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

The questions

step 1. Who was the sexiest man the year your child/pet was born? Tell me by name and date please

step 2. Who was the sexiest man the year you graduated from high school? Tell me by name and date please

step 3. Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your child's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name. Tell me by name and date please

Step 4: Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

Step 5: Find the the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

step 6. Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your BFF's name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

step 7. Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your mom's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

provinca
Governor
provinca

Good morning ladies. Just finished my first cup of coffee and have a load of laundry going. I'm off to jump in the shower and will be back to play at 8:00.

I hope you're feeling better Stacey!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Working on cup number two wondering who's here for round number one!

Off to my main computer

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Okay lil man decided to join me so thing may get interesting around here. Anyone else joining me or do we need a little more time?

provinca
Governor
provinca

I'm here

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
I'm here

morning!!! What's your day look like... hubby have plans for you like a typical progressive day?

justowen
Governor
justowen

Here I am! Kept waking up about every hour, on the hour until 5am, then didn't wake up again until 7!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

Hubby was told to leave me alone today. Of course, I needed him to help me move my fireplace heater into position for the winter down in my scrap basement, so he started telling me how I needed to move things this week because next weekend he's starting the electrical work down here and he goes on and on and on and on and I'm telling him okay, I gotta get online dear!! After round 1 I'm making a warehouse run, then. I'm free until 4:00 when I have to go to a martini party. YUMMY!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Love you guys let's get it started than!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

step 1. Who was the sexiest man the year your child/pet was born? Tell me by name and date please

provinca
Governor
provinca

I think we need an automatic refresh button on sb.com!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

Denzel Washington 1996

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
I'm free until 4:00 when I have to go to a martini party. YUMMY!!

I like your life! I'm going to complain to dh that I don't have a martini party I have to go to!! (Maybe he'll make me one? )

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Denzel Washington 1996

STEP ONE: Go to The Color Room and find either a color palette you will follow or a sketch you will fall. Please indicate by number which palette you will follow. Also tell us if you will use the color or the sketch.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:

(had to make my own LIKE button)

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Here's the link to the the color room

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

LOL -- what can I say??? Hubby isn't going with me -- he had no interest. My sister is holding it. It's 12 people and originally every person had to bring a different type of martini for everyone to try. Then she figured that 12 different martinis might cause people to get very drunk, so she changed it to pairs. I'm going with my friend (and loyal drinking partner!) We haven't decided on our martini yet, so I'll have to stop at the liquor store at some point! D H is dropping us off and her dh is picking us up so we can drink until we drop!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Where is the color room? (I know we've been there before, but I didn't pay attention how to get there and just followed everyone else..or a link... one of those)

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

Jenny, the link is a couple posts above yours! Do you need some more coffee dear??

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Here's the link to the the color room

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

I'm going to do the sketch. It's perfect for re-doing a very old LO I did many years ago and is just horrific -- and the pictures are all cut into ovals. I think I'll reshape them into circles for this sketch. This should be very interesting!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • provinca Said:

(had to make my own LIKE button)

rofl

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

Not to mention, I just got a new MS cutting system that makes doily circles --it was on HSN and it's just out of this world!! I think I'll use my new investment!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

http://www.thecolorrooms.com/uploads/1/2/9/8/12985 029/4...

I have no idea how to make the pic show up here. I'm going to use the sketch and maybe the colors.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Jenny, the link is a couple posts above yours! Do you need some more coffee dear??

Yes, I haven't even stopped for a sip of the cup of coffee dh brought down to my scraproom for me! I jumped out of bed, into the shower, dressed, grabbed the computer and came directly to the scraproom!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Mine is either sketch 29 or 30, I don't see it's number, but it's right before 31, but 2 after 27.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

step 2. Who was the sexiest man the year you graduated from high school? Tell me by name and date please

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

Sorry -- forgot the number! Mine is no. 139

provinca
Governor
provinca

• Ms.Schwiet Said:

Ican't answer this -- they didn't have one the year I graduated -- 1982!!! I must be old!!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Not to mention, I just got a new MS cutting system that makes doily circles --it was on HSN and it's just out of this world!! I think I'll use my new investment!

Ohhhhhhhh...jealous but excited for you! I have not seen or heard of that! I need to stop letting life interfere with scrapbooking! It's just crazy that there is a doily maker and I don't know about it!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:

Ican't answer this -- they didn't have one the year I graduated -- 1982!!! I must be old!!

I thought we graduated the same year! How can you be 1982 if I'm 1985?! Did I get held back 3 years and didn't realize it?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Mine is either sketch 29 or 30, I don't see it's number, but it's right before 31, but 2 after 27.

I'm doing sketch 28 or 29... the her's version is sketch i will use.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

It's a punch system. Here's the link":

http://www.hsn.com/crafts-sewing/martha- stewart-crafts-...

I got it dirt cheap. It won't be in stores until March.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

Mel Gibson 1985

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:

30 31 32 33 34 35

30. Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge. If your do this technique you may skip step seven. Here's an example
31. Create an inverted scalloped edge. We'll need at least an extra 5 minutes to do this awesome technique. Check it out here.
32. Be sure you end with 5 layers over your background paper. Check out Frank's how-to
33. Stitch a large circle
34. Follow Gerry's tutorial and use an edge punch or decorative scissors to doll up a circle on the page.

Helpful links:
Homemade glimmer mist Homemade alcohol ink Make-Up Glimmer Mist
Homemade Modge podge

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
It's a punch system. Here's the link":

http://www.hsn.com/crafts-sewing/martha- stewart-crafts-...

I got it dirt cheap. It won't be in stores until March.

I may have just found the gift dh will be getting me for Christmas...if they still have them in stock! Do you start off with a circle? Would I need a good circle cutting system to have exactly the right size? I'm usually terrible with those punches that go around a circle.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

You actually start with a square. It makes doilies from 6" to 12". So, if I want a 6" one, I cut a 7" square and then just punch. It's magnetic and fool proof -- and no learning curve!!

provinca
Governor
provinca

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
  • provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:

30 31 32 33 34 35

30. Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge. If your do this technique you may skip step seven. Here's an example
31. Create an inverted scalloped edge. We'll need at least an extra 5 minutes to do this awesome technique. Check it out here.
32. Be sure you end with 5 layers over your background paper. Check out Frank's how-to
34. Follow Gerry's tutorial and use an edge punch or decorative scissors to doll up a circle on the page.

Helpful links:
Homemade Modge podge

Stacey, if I do no. 34, can I use my new doily punch system, or does it have to be done with an edge punch?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

That sounds so awesome. i still haven't got my hands on a figure 8 that you suggested before. They went on sale here and I asked for a rain check but I never seen it come up.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:
  • provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:

30 31 32 33 34 35

Helpful links:
Homemade Modge podge

Stacey, if I do no. 34, can I use my new doily punch system, or does it have to be done with an edge punch?

that would be exactly what the step is asking for a decorative circle

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:
  • provinca Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:

30 31 32 33 34 35

Helpful links:
Homemade Modge podge

that would be exactly what the step is asking for a decorative circle

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

step 3. Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your child's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name. Tell me by name and date please

justowen
Governor
justowen

Richard Gere 1993 --since Rhys was born in 1993 AND his first name is Richard!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Richard Gere 1993 --since Rhys was born in 1993 AND his first name is Richard!

Awesomest one ever!!! This is a free space

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

This is so perfect since i was making an ATC and I didnt want to use a picture!!

We'll move on in 5 minutes

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Step 4: Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

provinca
Governor
provinca

Mel Gibson

And might I add that I'm soooo out of practice here -- my LO isn't going as I envisioned it!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Mel Gibson

And might I add that I'm soooo out of practice here -- my LO isn't going as I envisioned it!

I feel the same way. I'm glad I decided to just use a pic of our house in the snow and not some terribly important event. My lo is kind of teetering on the fence of it's going to be good or it's going to be awful.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Ugghhh...just cut my pic into three pieces so it will fit my sketch and I thought it would look really cool....don't think it's going to work. Now what?!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Mel Gibson

Never have a vision!!!LOL

1 2 3

STEP FOUR
Select one of the listed specific embellishment, flowers, or handmade crazes.

1.paper piecing - CraftySprinkles Ideas and here's another stamping tutorial.
2. Quilled Clock
3. Use clay. If you don't have clay make up some dryer lint cake here’s an idea eloborate clay designs and faux stones from clay

1. Very realistic leaves
2. 9 -layer swirlydoo flower
3.Fan Flower with a Twist

CRAZES CRAZES

1. Step four: Use jewelry as your inspiration. Mimic something you own or maybe a picture you’ve seen. Or just use this Use this Bracelet As inspiration. Please share a picture of what inspired you.

2. Step four: add an umbrella Here are examples of lacy umbrellas

3. Step four: Buttons Buttons and more buttons. Hey, show me your buttons. Not any old buttons but let me see those handmade buttons.here's a few tutorials to try: a video of buttons and clay buttons

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Ugghhh...just cut my pic into three pieces so it will fit my sketch and I thought it would look really cool....don't think it's going to work. Now what?!

hit the undo button!!!

justowen
Governor
justowen

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
  • justowen Said:

hit the undo button!!!

That would be so cool! Mine would be worn out! Of course, sometimes the coolest things come from working with an "oops" ....sometimes.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

This clay step reminds me... i'm sending everyone that completes a layout a clay cameo!!! I made a bunch for my current project and i wanna see how well they ship. So I will have them in the mail to you two and anyone that completes a page. just keep your fingers crossed they don't crumble when shipped

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • Ms.Schwiet Said:
  • justowen Said:

hit the undo button!!!

That would be so cool! Mine would be worn out! Of course, sometimes the coolest things come from working with an "oops" ....sometimes.

not sure about all that although I've seen it happen. I smeared ink on one of my ATC's and i wouldn't call it coolest, but I tried to resolve it

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Step 5: Find the the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

provinca
Governor
provinca

Ben Affleck

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

Loving the handmade buttons!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I set up round 2 here:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Ben Affleck

4 3 2 1

STEP FIVE- Embellishments. ONE must be one of the following. Feel free to add others and more.

1. Postcard
2. Stickles or glitter
3. Ribbon, lace, or fiber
4. Something metal (other than a brad or eyelet)

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 12-01-12 07:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justowen
Governor
justowen

I'm way behind! I had to do my background and mat the pics!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

step 6. Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your BFF's name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

wierd everything has worked out exactly how i needed it to for my ATC's

provinca
Governor
provinca

Johnny Depp

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

I gotta run out. I'll be back in a little while.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Johnny Depp

Here's irony... i didn't want a title and anna picks Johnny depp and he's name comes up twice and BOTH are free spaces no matter which year. i tell you the scrap gods are with me today!!!

Frrrreeeee space

see you in 5 minutes!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

step 7. Find the sexiest man's name that starts with the same letter as your mom's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Tell me by name and date please

justowen
Governor
justowen

There are no O's like Olove, so we'll go to Patrick Swayze 1991

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
There are no O's like Olove, so we'll go to Patrick Swayze 1991

no stinking way!!! easiest round of progressive EVER!!!! Step 7 is a free space!!!!

journal, stitch, doodle, knot if you want to in any way that you want to

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

yayayayayayay!!!! I'm here for round 2!!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Hi Megan!!!!

Here's the link for two
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

set to start in about 30 minutes

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Megan Ann

Megan, you could probably still catch up for round 1!

Sure...a free space for 7 and I already did that stitching on the journaling spot thing.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Just waiting for the glue on my metal alphas to dry so I can trace around them with my white pen and I think this lo will be finished!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

LOL - I could have posted my LO before I went out -- with these 2 free spots, it was done and I didn't even know it!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

This challenge is tricky even with the free spots!!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

Love It To Pieces By Justowen

1. Color Room - http://www.thecolorrooms.com/uploads/1/2/9/8/12985 029/4...
2. Background - Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge
3. Free Space
4. Handmade - Buttons Buttons and more buttons. Hey, show me your buttons. Not any old buttons but let me see those handmade buttons. (Button on large snowflake - circle punched from sticker, then hole punch used to create the button holes, stitching added, then used liquid glass to make the button shiny)
5. Embellishments - Stickles or glitter
6. Title - Free space
7. Journaling - Free Space

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to justowen

Here's mine:

Winter 2001 By Provinca

Step 1 - Color Room Sketch
Step 2 - Punched circle
Step 3 - Free space
Step 4 - Handmade buttons
Step 5 - Metal charm
Step 6 - free space
Step 7 - Free space

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Together- Funtoola Kit By Ms.Schwiet
step 1- her's sketch from color room
step 2- dolled up circle
step 3- free
step 4- clay the cameo
step 5-stickles and ribbon
step 6- free
step 7- free

provinca
Governor
provinca

Stacey, love that ATC!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to justowen

shoot I didn't realize you were doing this.
When are you planning another round?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Round 1
layout 1
Love It To Pieces By Justowen

1. Color Room - http://www.thecolorrooms.com/uploads/1/2/9/8/12985 029/4...
2. Background - Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge
3. Free Space
4. Handmade - Buttons Buttons and more buttons. Hey, show me your buttons. Not any old buttons but let me see those handmade buttons. (Button on large snowflake - circle punched from sticker, then hole punch used to create the button holes, stitching added, then used liquid glass to make the button shiny)
5. Embellishments - Stickles or glitter
6. Title - Free space
7. Journaling - Free Space

Layout 2
Winter 2001 By Provinca

Step 1 - Color Room Sketch
Step 2 - Punched circle
Step 3 - Free space
Step 4 - Handmade buttons
Step 5 - Metal charm
Step 6 - free space
Step 7 - Free space

layout 3

Together- Funtoola Kit By Ms.Schwiet
step 1- her's sketch from color room
step 2- dolled up circle
step 3- free
step 4- clay the cameo
step 5-stickles and ribbon
step 6- free
step 7- free

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 12-14-12 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

LOVE the LOs ladies!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Megan Ann

just popping in to see when we are doing another round...
Merry Christmas ladies!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics