Username Post: What's your favorite brand of cardstock?        (Topic#1583221)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I am wondering what brands everyone swears by? I want a silhouette or cricut, leaning heavily toward the silhouette, and wonder if one particular brand of paper takes cuts better, looks better, performs better. What are your thoughts? I have been using these DCWV textured papers, but they dont cut well when I have used them with the Cricut.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

I buy whatever Joanns, HL or Michaels has or whatever I like at my scrapbook store. Couldn't start to tell you the brand of any of them - just know when they "feel right".

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Juansmom

I often use Bazzill cardstock. It works great on my layouts and in my Cricut. Bazzill paper is super quality and they have a great selection of colors. I just learned about the bazzill website where you can match cardstock to a variety of paper lines...love it! http://bazzillbasics.com/matchmaker

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Vintageivy

Brazil is always my first choice

Expert
In response to Cindyckj

Bazzill has started to become my go-to CS lately...not sure why. But when it comes to my Cameo I try to stick with the smooth CS from Hobby Lobby because I know how to cut it, and I know I can cut it without any hassles (unless my blade is getting too dull...) I will cut some Bazzill in my Cameo, but nothing super intricate.

I do avoid cutting anything with a white core in my Cameo because I wouldn't want the white to show on the sides.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to HuskerMom98

another vote for bazzill

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to HuskerMom98

Bazzill is my usual cardstock....I like the textures, like orange peel, linen, dotted etc...
My favourite I guess is their canvas texture..it's subtle.
I don't really like smooth cardstock, although Bazzill makes some....

I also use the plain side of my pattern papers sometimes...they have some great colours and aren't totally even colour, IYKWIM....I like the subtle variations.

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to kiyawinn

Yet another vote for Bazzill. I love their textured stuff, but I also buy their smooth, especially in neutrals.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to cindy312

Bazzill

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to sbartist

I buy whatever cardstock paper that I like. But I am liking colorbok. Because of the textured cardstock. I haven't bought any bazzill but think I just might like there cardstock too.

Justie

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-07-12 05:42 AM
In response to justartguy007

I am a Bazzill devotee about 95% of the time.

They have so many beautiful colors that are made to match many lines. The variety of textures they make is superb.

I also use AC cardstock which is not bad at all.

And I also use BoBunny's Double Dots line (lots more than dots) as a solid quite often.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to GMFTS

I use Bazzill most of the time, but also use others. What I definitely do not like is cardstock with a white core. It is fine if you use the whole sheet as background, but I do not like to use them as mats.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to elsje2

Bazzill or American Craft for just plain black, white and kraft I actually prefer American Craft, it doesn't have the coating that Bazzill has and won't crack when you make mini albums.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Sneezy1956

another one for bazzill

Diva
In response to andrea m

Die cuts with a view (prices, coupons, colors, etc)

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to bayamonesa1

i'm a huge die cuts with a view fan. love the quality of it. i am branching out, but will always go back to dcwv too.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to Juansmom

I was very worried about how the Silhouette would do with heavy textured cardstock, which I love. But it actually does great! I had heard in previous models you had to double cut or cut the same image twice to get a clean cut. Definitely NOT so with the Cameo! I use a lot of Bazzill textured heavy cardstock with NO problem. I also like American Crafts and have found that the smooth white American crafts cardstock cuts VERY detailed images and words with no problems.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to rebeccakeppel

I use Bazzill and American Crafts in my Cricut. My cardstock of choice for my cards is Stampin Up or Paper Trey Ink.

Enjoy your new machine!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to rebeccakeppel

For solid cardstock I use Stampin' Up. I love the weight of their cardstock. I used to use cheaper paper in my cricut but found that I wasted more than I used because it kept ripping. Now I just use Stampin' Up.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to binkiemonstermom

I used to by DCWV cardstock, but I found I don't like white core cardstocks! I like Paper Trey Ink, Stampin' Up, Core'dinations and Bazzill~ Some people said they can't cut Stampin' Up and Bazzill (textured) well with their Cricuts. I never had any issues.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to HisGEM

I have never had an issue cutting my SU paper with my cricut. I might have had to set my blade to more pressure but an easy fix!!!! I tear less and get better images with my SU paper. I don't really like white cores either.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to binkiemonstermom

I love using Stampin' Up! cardstock, too. Their colors coordinate with the ink I use for my stamping and the paper quality is excellent.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

I use every brand of cardstock. lol I do not have an electric cutter either. I have a Big Shot.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to anda11

For a long time I went with DCWV, but then I bought a Cricut and had the same problem mentioned above with the Cricut. something about the texture or something. Now I mostly go with Bazzill.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Tina scraps

Bazill seems like the paper of choice for most people...I like the textured papers too, but was afraid of cuts that aren't clean. The DCWV cardstock I am using (OP) is white core, and its nice for tearing to see the white show, but def don't like it for diecuts. Thanks all!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Juansmom

Bazzill. Then American Crafts.

I used to like the SU textured cardstock but they stopped making it.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to corrie fan

AC......my fav

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PhotobearSam

I realized today that I want smooth cardstock with no texture most of the time. The reason - I use it for background and I make mats out of it and I often want my journaling paper to coordinate so I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet to go in the printer. The Bazzil and other textured brands don't print well and I really like my journaling paper to match mats and things.

I forgot about that until today when I ruined a title that I wanted on matching cardstock. Now I remember why I like smooth!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Henri Jean

DCWV by far! and Bazzil too. I rarely use anything else. With the DCWV, even use it to stamp on and colour it with Copics for me Magnolia stamps.... its wonderful!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to TheCharmedOne

Charmed One, are you using the smooth or textured DCWV? BTW, i peeked at some stuff in your gallery, you have such a pretty style to your LO's!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

I can't imagine coloring with copics on anything but Cryogen or Xpress card stock. I'm glad you get good results with the DCW.

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to HisGEM

Love Basic Grey

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Juansmom

I have a Pazzles Inspiration which will but pretty much anything, so I don't really pay too much attention to the brand of paper I cut. I am mainly a card maker and right now my paper of choice is PTI and A Muse Studio. I very rarely get 12x12 and it's usually DCWV because it's easy to get locally and I love the texture and the white core. I've been reading really good things about Bazzill Card Shoppe, so I've been haunting sb.com hoping to find a variety pack to try out...

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to traceyjean

Xpress card stock all the way for coloring with copics! Favorite card stock would probably be Bazzill and CM.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I like Bazzil, but for cutting in the silhouette AC works great and its a solid core

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CorrieW

Beth try Cryogen and I bet you will not go back to Xpress I'm serious I use both and I love the cryogen the best it's amazing.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics