Username Post: Music While Scrapbooking        (Topic#1583311)
New Kid On the Block

What sort of music, if you do, do you listen to when you scrapbook. Is it a specific artist, song, band, album, genre, etc. Leave your answers below- I'm curious to know (It rhymes!! Haha)

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Maddy166

Rock and Roll and Sports Radio!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CrimsonMama

I always have the tv going. But if I had to listen to music while scrapping it'd be Country music. But being Christmas time i'd be listening to the classic Christmas songs from my time life christmas cds.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

If I have tv or radio or any thing on it slows me way down and kills my concentration because I stop to listen or sing along. I have to have it very quiet when I scrap.

I put on music one day this week and accomplished nearly nothing. I tend to be distracted by music and really get into it and nothing else gets done.

Can do housework to music but not scrapping, writing, or anything else that requires me to think.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Cindyckj

All depends on my mood, what I'm working on, and what's readily available. I have very eclectic taste although it tends to be "stuck in the 80's". Anything from Poison to Kenny G. I often listen to movie soundtracks (Little Mermaid, Top Gun, Grease), musicals, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel. I listen to what I call "spa music" (that relaxing instrumental music they play, like waves crashing, birds chirping, etc.), I have several music CD's in foreign languages and if I'm in the mood for live radio I listen to current country music. And this time of year I listen to xmas music.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to disneylisa

I am another one who has to have it quite.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to prittb

I tend to listen to whatever I am currently into. Right now, it is Jack White, Adam Lambert, Ellie Goulding, fun. and Muse.

I will toss some others into the mix, but I like listening to an entire album.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Manda_K

I listen to my sirius "The Blend" is my favorite channel. It plays everything from Elton John and Madonna to Colbie Callait and Daughtry. My favorite bands right now are the Plain White T's, Fray, Script, and Jason Mraz. It really mixes the music well from late 70's to today--

Right now it is Christmas all the way

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Manda_K

None!
I watch stand-up comedy shows on Netflix while I scrap!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Doreena

Until very recently I didn't listen to anything at all (setting up my MP3 player to run through anything but headphones was a pain), but a couple weeks ago I got my first iPod ever, and that has its own built-in speaker. So I've been listening to the Oldies, Classic Rock, and 90s Alternative stations on Pandora the last few weeks while crafting and sewing and wrapping gifts (rather than my own music collection, which I use a lot at work, where I have no wi-fi connection, and Pandora keeps me from getting sick of my own collection after hearing it during the day).

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to aquabunny

• Quote:
ll depends on my mood, what I'm working on, and what's readily available. I have very eclectic taste....

same here, the scrappin' 'standards' would be Michael Buble, and soundtracks, like Remember the Titans or Love Actually.
When in the mood for something upbeat, Fergie and Christina (still think her Stripped is one of the best cd's ever).
Also listen to a lot of Contemporary Christian, esp Jeremy Camp, ...and Country, The Band Perry...and this year for Christmas will pulled out Casting Crowns and Lady Antebellum.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to mjmone

I like to scrap with the tv on. I normally put on my DVRd Supernatural episodes...I think I know they by heart by now but love to watch them!!! I can put on anything that I have seen before, otherwise I watch the show or movie and don't scrap.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to binkiemonstermom

Love "Supernatural"!!!
And I watch Stand-up comedy for the same reason...you don't have to actually watch it to enjoy it!
I tried watching movies while scrapping and Iwould catch myself either missing parts of the movie and getting confused, or neglecting my scrapping!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

I always have something going- if my DGD isn't here, I usually watch (listen) to the ID channel- all true crime shows- don't know why, I'm really not a morbid person.
Music- I mostly put my Iphone on the docking station and I have a wide varity of music there.
Motown,Michael Buble, Kid Rock, Guns & Roses, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Smashmouth, Maroon5, They Fray, O.A.R, LMFAO,Usher, Josh Grobin, Dolly Parton, Bette Midler, Eminem, I don't listen to classical or techno , but maybe everything inbetween!!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to ChansGram

I'm a music fiend when it comes to scrapping. Must. Have. My. Tunes! I listen to everything from opera (Pavarotti) to the Gaithers to U2 to modern country music. Anything that catches my ear on that particular day. I listen through my iPod or through iTunes on my computer - I can see the song titles better that way than on the iPod. I just singsingsing and scrapscrapscrap away!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to meezerpleaser

I almost (always) have to have either a movie or a youtube playlist going while I'm working. I tend to be a creature of habit & listen to a lot of the same songs or artist.

- Taylor Swift

- Kelly Clarkson

- Rascal Flatts

- Third Day

- Newsboys

- Jeremy Camp

- Britt Nicole

- Kari Jobe

- Christmas music (this month)

- 80's music mix

As for shows or movies...I tend to put on Hoarders, since I can just listen vs. actually watching. It's sort of crazy, but somehow it inspires me to focus & keep using up my supplies!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to meezerpleaser

For the past few months My iPod has been set to play all oldies,,even my daughter has been getting into them lately.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to armygirl

Well, I haven't been able to watch anything other than YouTube tutorials since I recently got my Cameo but now that's about to change. I got an 24" LED TV on Black Friday so I'm going to be able to watch my shows that I have on DVR while I'm scrapping. As per Music, I set my iPod to Shuffle and whatever comes on that's it. Whether is Michael Bublé Christmas song to My humps by Black Eyed Peas. Don't laugh, I just adapt very well depending on the circumstances...lol!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
As for shows or movies...I tend to put on Hoarders, since I can just listen vs. actually watching. It's sort of crazy, but somehow it inspires me to focus & keep using up my supplies!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I love that show but I can't sit and watch it; I develop a compulsive need to clean or organize while watching.

I either listen to iTunes (mostly country and classic rock) or have Fox News on for background noise. Fox News is on almost 24/7 at my house because I don't like silence!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to *jesse*

Good thread!! My radio is usually set to a local country station, because country is SOOOO easy to sing along to! I love Christmas music, whenever!! I loved my XM radio, before I crashed my car with XM/Sirius radio in it. When I had wifi in the DR/scraproom, I would play Pandora on my Kindle. I love all kinds of rock from the 80's, head-banging, hair bands like Def Leppard n Van Halen n Guns n Roses, then 80's n 90's dance music, Stevie B. n TKA, Madonna... I LOVE to listen to Spanish guitar music...think Antonio Banderas in Desperado...whoa!! So rhythmic, sensual and emotional! Try a listen on pandora!! and prob one of my faves right now is Pitbull...love the beats!!! One of my all time FAVORITE artists is, drumroll please...Barry Manilow!! God, he's great! And who doesn't know the words to Copa Cabana? All that having been said, I really have to watch that i am scrapping, and not singing n dancing!!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-12-12 10:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Juansmom

I usually just throw a DVD or netflix on, my go tos are Mash, Bones, Psych, Simpsons or How I Met Your Mother. I've seen them all so much I can just listen

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Juansmom

If I have music while scrapping it is the collection I have downloaded on my PC. It is mainly 80's music and a couple of later ones that are great party songs. Still haven't figured out how I can dance, head-bang and scrap at the same time, but I am working on it.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to elsje2

lately I have been scrapping with a movie or something on tv.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I like to scrap with the tv on. I normally put on my DVRd Supernatural episodes...I think I know they by heart by now but love to watch them!!! I can put on anything that I have seen before, otherwise I watch the show or movie and don't scrap.

One of my fav shows to scrap too. Especially the "yellow fever-eye of the tiger" episode. Have to stop and watch the video at the end though.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Juansmom

I looove my audiobooks! listen to them while driving, doing dishes, at the gym, in the scrap room)
rarely I just want some peace and quiet..
no music though)

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-12-12 01:19 PM
In response to OlesyaK.

Most of the time it's silence, breaks my concentration too.

But today I I opened up i-tunes and was going to just play what is on my computer. Changed my mind and opened the radio section, never did that before. Clicked on a smooth jazz station, never listen to that before either!! IT's been on all day!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to KimKV

I usually listen to podcasts of "The Paperclipping Roundtable" or others....or sometimes audiobooks on my iphone...

When I do have music on, it's pretty eclectic as well....Jason Mraz, Fun., Rascal Flatts, Bon Jovi, The Kings, Queen, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Black Eyed Peas, Gotye, INXS......

Alison

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to kiyawinn

I prefer silence, no matter what I'm doing (unless I'm actually sitting down to watch a TV show). I need to listen to my own thoughts, and find background noise (including music) very distracting.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Solitaire

So glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes to scrap in silence. Noticed another kindred spirit earlier on in this thread.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to Henri Jean

Maroon 5 or David Bisbal.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Pouncedeleon

I don't like quiet...it makes me uneasy. I usually scrapbook to movie scores/soundtracks (including Disney movies) or random songs by random artists that I have on my iPod's "Random" file.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to DNA301

I used to need quiet. But now I like having the radio on except when I'm concentrating on journalling.

I listen to Classic FM on the radio. I think I'm the first person to listen to classical music. That surprises me.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I usually listen to podcasts of "The Paperclipping Roundtable" or others....or sometimes audiobooks on my iphone...

Thanks for the heads-up on this - all the scrapping podcasts I'd ever found before are video podcasts, which aren't suited to most of the situations I listen to podcasts in. Subscribing and downloading in iTunes as we speak! Hopefully I've got time to sync a few before leaving for work today.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to aquabunny

Must.have.music ... or tv ... or conversation when I scrap

complete silence makes me uneasy when I'm scrapping

the type of music is whatever I would normally listen to ... pop, rock, showtunes (I'm a Broadway nut), oldies ... anything from Grateful Dead to The Who to Maroon 5 to Fun to Taylor Swift to the soundtrack of Les Miz

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
  • binkiemonstermom Said:

One of my fav shows to scrap too. Especially the "yellow fever-eye of the tiger" episode. Have to stop and watch the video at the end though.

LOL! the "Eye of the Tiger" part gets me everytime! I jused to think of "Rocky" when I would hear that song... now it's Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester)!

Edited by Doreena on 12-13-12 07:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to Juansmom

Right now is all Christmas music.. Ilove to have some kind of background sounds when scrapping, either the TV or the CD or radio...whatever!

Resident
In response to bayamonesa1

Usully have TV on. I als ohave speakers for my MP3 player, so Imay listen to that while scrapping.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:
  • binkiemonstermom Said:

LOL! the "Eye of the Tiger" part gets me everytime! I jused to think of "Rocky" when I would hear that song... now it's Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester)!

Same here! Love those episodes and that's an episode that i've kept on the dvr to watch whenever I want. lol Jensen I so nice on the eyes.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Cindyckj

Yes, yes he is! ::drool::

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to Maddy166

It all depends! Sometimes I will have a movie or TV show on my phone to watch at my desk. Other times an audio book on CD or my phone. Other times a genius play list from Itunes where I pick one song and then be surprised with what itunes has selected for me listen to based on the song I picked.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to mj scrappin'

First of all, DH and I watch Supernatural too, who knew so many scrappers were fans!

I either have on a movie/ show that I've seen a million times (so I'm less distracted) or some music. Such as: Notting Hill, New In Town, Anchorman, Saved by the Bell, Glee, etc, etc.

I like all different kinds of music, so it varies, but often I like to listen to music relevant to what I'm scrapbooking. If I'm scrapbooking a concert I went to, I'll play that artist. If I'm scrapping a certain time of my life, I'll play music that makes me think of that time.

Often though my background noise is that of my DH's video games. :-) He has a man-cave, but sometimes we like to just be in the same room so he'll come out to the living room by me and play. Some of his games actually have somewhat soothing sounds, like Assassin's Creed, Fable, Minecraft.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to scrapsweet

I can't scrapbook unless there is music. I listen to everything except rap and country. Right now, I'm into nuevo flamenico music. But I can go from classical to heavy metal to alternate in a flash. I LOVE music.

Great thread!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I did pop a video in today becuase I was just gluing tons of die cuts that have been stacking up so when I'm ready for them, they are ready to use.

Michaels had a selection of sappy Christmas movies yesterday for $6.99 each so I bought 5.

While gluing I watched the Christmas Shoes. Oh my. That got to me. Then I learned the music was by NewSong.

I remember them so well - they sang in our church frequently and donated sound systems to several of the churches in our area, including ours.

In one of our Christmas Catatas that I sang in Bobby from NewSong was in it and also sang a couple solos. I loved it when he sang "I am determined" with us backing him up. His death was such a shock and watching that movie with NewSong in the background singing the theme song hit me kind of hard even though they recorded for the movie after Bobby's death.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I always have the tv going. But if I had to listen to music while scrapping it'd be Country music. But being Christmas time i'd be listening to the classic Christmas songs from my time life christmas cds.

Wow! I didn't realize I had already replied! This is exactly what I would say! Love my Time Life Christmas cds and country music, but I almost always listen to the tv while I scrap.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:

Wow! I didn't realize I had already replied! This is exactly what I would say! Love my Time Life Christmas cds and country music, but I almost always listen to the tv while I scrap.

I love those cds too. That's Christmas music I remember from my childhood by the people I remember.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I did pop a video in today becuase I was just gluing tons of die cuts that have been stacking up so when I'm ready for them, they are ready to use.

Michaels had a selection of sappy Christmas movies yesterday for $6.99 each so I bought 5.

While gluing I watched the Christmas Shoes. Oh my. That got to me. Then I learned the music was by NewSong.

I remember them so well - they sang in our church frequently and donated sound systems to several of the churches in our area, including ours.

In one of our Christmas Catatas that I sang in Bobby from NewSong was in it and also sang a couple solos. I loved it when he sang "I am determined" with us backing him up. His death was such a shock and watching that movie with NewSong in the background singing the theme song hit me kind of hard even though they recorded for the movie after Bobby's death.

Christmas shoes? Is that the one about the little boy wanting to buy shoes for his mom that's dying? If so when that song comes on the radio I start bawling right away. Love that song.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

Yes - that is the one. Such a sweet story. Even though it was sad and I don't like sad movies, this one was good.

I'm in the middle of the next one - The Christmas Blessing. Its good so far too.

But you have to like those sweet Christmas movies.

Teresa0817
Expert
Teresa0817
In response to Juansmom

First thing I do is put on the ADULT alternative station on my computer. I can't scrap without it!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Juansmom

Music is distracting for me. Ironically, the TV doesn't bother me. In fact, it becomes like white noise and actually it helps me concentrate.

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman
In response to Crafting Marfa

Definitely would be 80's!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Pouncedeleon

Classical, if anything...no singing..too distracting. I too scrap in silence when I'm alone.
Dh usually has the tv on and it's hard to ignore it but I try to.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to dollscrap

I don't get to scrap much at home, but when I go to crops, I usually listen to Def Leppard, Theory of a Deadman, Breaking Benjamin, New Edition, and pretty much anything else other than classical, opera and hardcore rap.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Monique_McCoy

I am an 80's music fan all the way! I do like classic rock too but the 80's with Duran Duran, Billy Idol, Cindy Lauper, Joan Jet, The Cars...all that was the stuff I listened to when I was in High School and I still love it. The man gets tired of it easily and cranks his Diablo game to tune it out! Christmas music is good too tho, a little Andy Williams can make my day any time of year!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to catzscrapper

I can listen to Christmas music all year long. But it's frowned upon in April!
Other times I listen to anything except rock. Just not my cup of tea. I love how everyone listens to such a wide range of music.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Juansmom

Whatever is in my itunes or if no one is home I have the telly on the music channels

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics