Page 3 of 44 
Username Post: Jan.~March Secret Sisters...closed for this round        (Topic#1583319)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

Sounds like you ladies had a great day!
We did too. 2 Christmas's down, 2 to go. I haven't gotten to see my oldest son and dil yet. That is next weekend:)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Trisha, that all looks so beautiful. What a great way to get out and meet your new neighbors. I bet they all loved you to bits didn't they?

Oh Tina, we know how you are with Jason. The kitchen comes second! LOL!!It's not all men that can say they have a woman as 'interested' as you are!!! LOL!! John could say that though. LOL!!!!

haha I'm pretty sure he wishes I was a little less "interested"

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • babigirl Said:
I need to vent real quick. As you know my husband and I are not together ok well he wants to get back together I don't want to go down that road again unless some serious changing go. But it's like because he can't have me he don't want to spend time with keke. When he calls it's always when can i see you or when can we do something but nothing with his daugther and then when i called him on this he can't understand while i am upset. Like i don't mind having her everyday she completes me but i also feel she needs her dad why can't he see that he needs to spend time with her. Not to mention that I am taking care of her on my own well with the help of my parents and the very little his parents do but that's awhole another story. I don't even want his money I just want him to step up and be a dad.

Sorry that's been bothering me for awhile just needed to get it out

I totally understand and couldn't agree more!!!

Thanks Deb nice to know and by the way I will be there in March

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
Last night John and I loaded up the wagon with goodies to deliver to the neighbors. It was really fun. Then we stopped at Michelle and Tony's for some Christmas cheer. Michelle's friend Chad was there and he's a nut. I was a great night.

I'm having coffee right now, then John and I will open gifts. I got 2 dozen red roses so far.

Sounds perfect

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
Merry Christmas ladies!

We put luminaries out with the rest of the neighborhood last night. It was so much fun walking through the hood meeting the neighbors.

[image] Christmas eve luminaries By TrishaLouise[/image]

[image] Christmas Eve luminaries By TrishaLouise[/image]

Looks beautiful

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Deb sounds like an awesome Christmas

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Tina glad u had a nice Christmas

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to babigirl

Tina, I'm so happy he did a good job and got you the ring. He really has come a long way from the remote contrrol!

Debbie, when is John getting the Harley? And tell him I said he done good with the roses and the passes.
(Oh how I cringe at writing 'done good' instead of 'did well')

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. This was the first year I didn't know what my big gift was because I'm usually buying all of them, but dd has a job and was generous. She bought me a nice purse, and it is beautiful! They (the gifts were from ds too) also bought a necklace and had it engraved.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to Rosita

Happy Thursday everyone it's off to work for me

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Tina, I'm so happy he did a good job and got you the ring. He really has come a long way from the remote contrrol!

Debbie, when is John getting the Harley? And tell him I said he done good with the roses and the passes.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. This was the first year I didn't know what my big gift was because I'm usually buying all of them, but dd has a job and was generous. She bought me a nice purse, and it is beautiful! They (the gifts were from ds too) also bought a necklace and had it engraved.

Awww Rosita that's so sweet of her. I bet all that love and generosity just made your Christmas. You've got great kids. He's getting his Harley sometime next year. He said probably around his birthday which is Jan. 26th.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Shatema, March? Really? what's going on in March?That would be great!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

Rosita - yes, he's come a long way. He seems to "get" that the only electronics he should be getting are fun ones, or ones that I specifically ask for (last year I asked for a new dvd player since ours was breaking, and I use it far more than he does).

I did make it easy on him this year, though - a few months ago I emailed him my wishlist of possible wedding bands and said this is what I want for christmas lol.

His mom sent me the sweetest message, she really is the most gracious woman I know. I've said to Jason several times as far as family goes, that I'm definitely getting the better end of the deal, and he's getting the short end of the stick!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

So, what was everyone's favorite gift this year? That you received and that you gave.

Received: obviously, the engagement ring. I went to the mall yesterday and got a ring guard for it, since it was loose, and I feel much more secure about it now. Several people advised me to do that instead of getting it sized right now, to wait for summer and see how much my fingers swell from the heat, before resizing it.

Given: probably Jason's new cell phone. It wasn't a surprise or anything, we went together to get it last month, but he was really excited about it and had been wanting a new one for over a year now.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

How lame am I as co-hostess with Kimberly this round! I am just checking in for the first time and was delighted to see 11 pages of chit chat already and some dear and familar returning faces as well as some brand new SS's!!

Work has really gotten in the way of the rest of my life lately!

Oh my goodness! In the middle of the night last night I was suddenly and violently sick with the stomach flu, so I am home today. Just got up and have zero energy and feel as though I was run over by a big truck in the night.

Wish I had the energy and motivation to scrap but can't even muster that.

I do have scrappy plans for Fri-Sun this weekend and next though which is getting me through everything else.

Sorry this post sounds pretty whiney! I promise to perk up again soon!

In the meantime who's getting excited about getting their brand new SS!!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to scrapbrarian

i would love to join if i still can

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to andrea m

Hi.....sent a PM so see if I can join in...promise!-I have spent my whole life being ultra reliable!!!!!.... Sounds like so much fun!....I have too much scrapbook stuff too!.....such is life!!!!...lol....nice to meet everyone...some I know for the challenges!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Sounds like a great Christmas

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Deb-doodle Said:
Shatema, March? Really? what's going on in March?That would be great!!!

My brothers wedding.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Rebecca feel better soon

Andrea so glad to se u here

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to sunshinexo

• sunshinexo Said:
I would like to join please

I'll get you added...what is your first name please? We are excited to have you!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Love hearing all the stories!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Kimberly, where are your stories?

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• Tina scraps Said:
So, what was everyone's favorite gift this year? That you received and that you gave.

Received: obviously, the engagement ring. I went to the mall yesterday and got a ring guard for it, since it was loose, and I feel much more secure about it now. Several people advised me to do that instead of getting it sized right now, to wait for summer and see how much my fingers swell from the heat, before resizing it.

Given: probably Jason's new cell phone. It wasn't a surprise or anything, we went together to get it last month, but he was really excited about it and had been wanting a new one for over a year now.

Received gift - Not in the physical, but emotional. Kaitlyn my oldest DGD was talking to my borther on the phone thanking him for the gifts he sent her. When she got off the phone she said to me, "Granny, I just spoke to Santa!!". She was so pleased that she told everyone who would listen to her. It really ticked off her cousins, really ticked them off. It was the innocense of Kaitlyn, and the awe of it all for her. My brother was laughing so hard when I told him his new job. He does fit the description, deep voice, and a very jolly laugh. Just one problem, he'd have to put all the weight back on he's just lost. HOHOHO!!!

Nuwave oven, the double decker one. You can bbq, roast, grill, bake, broil, dehydrate, and steam with it. I can't wait to use it.

Given gift - My youngest DD, Frankie, just loves boiled peanuts and they are hard to find here, well there I was in WallyWorld looking for something else, and wouldn't you know it there they were, I bought her the biggest can, boxed it up, wrapped it pretty, voila!! We all laughed so hard when she unwrapped it.

Can't wait to read everyone's stories.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hi ladies!!!! I'm so exhausted!!
Just finished catching up. Not sure if I remember everything but here goes...

Rebecca - feel better soon
Tina- your ring sounds pretty! Congratulations on the ring!!!
Trisha- so sorry about your mil issues. I didn't know it was possible to hang something backwards. How was she after that?

Linz- hope you're also feeling better

We had a very busy past few days
My side of the fam celebrates Christmas Eve so dh and I hosted. We have 30+ people over for dinner. Made turkey and pozole. Yum. Did our traditional secret Santa exchange. We incorporated minute to win it games too.
Christmas Day we did our morning with the kids and then went to lunch at my fil's. we then went to dh's grandmothers for dinner at 4. I tried to get them to play some games too but they are such party poopers. Yesterday we went to my mil's. that was fun too. Slept over and had breakfast this morning. Now we are at my parents since they have some gifts for the kids.

Phew!!!

No plans for New Years yet. Some friends want us to host a party again but i don't really feel like it Lol

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

Received: my new winter coat. It's got an inside zipper and outside so it's super warm. Fits so well and it's got such a huge comfy hood.

Given: we played a regift game and I threw in an "iPad". I saw it on Pinterest. I took a sanitary napkin and stuck it to cardboard and drew an eye on it. Sooooo hilarious. I also put in a "redneck boob job kit" which was just balloons. Haha. I have the people stuck with those some nice frames though.

Real gift given: got dh a keurig. He loves it and I get to use it too. Hehehe

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Favorite gift received...just having all the kids happy with what they got and the big meal turned out soooooo good too! More food than 100 family members could eat...but I gave it a good try! LOL! As I said before, we usually do christmas for each other in February but I still got some surprises from Dan... (the store bought kind, Tina!) LOL!

Favorite gift I gave was to my older kids...not really an item in particular, but just their reaction of pure appreciation for everything. The little ones were a blast to watch too! Rowyn got a little kids game and kept calling it her "Kindle fire". LOL!!! Baelin decided at 4pm on christmas eve that he wanted a fire truck (he had never mentioned a fire truck or anyting like it before) but he told me it was what he was asking Santa for, so I didn't need to worry...luckily "Santa" was still finishing up at the store and found a little fire truck.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Little ones just went outside to play in the enormous amount of snow we have so I'm hoping it wears them totally out and they fall right to sleep tonight. My new job training starts tomorrow (the second one, not my new one at the school). The one at the school doesn't begin again until Jan. 2 and it's only 7:30-1:30 then I'll work the other job from 2-8 a few days a week and one weekend a month...it won't be too bad.

I slept almost the whole day yesterday...total and utter exhaustion! I wasn't feeling great and had a fever...but no other symptoms. Think I just over-did it with all the Christmas stuff and kids.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Pink I hope you feel better and get the rest you need.
I think its definitely the chaos of the season that gets to us. Ds was sick for the past couple days and hasn't been wanting to eat anything. :(.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

OMG...I totally forgot to tell you congrats on here TINA~!!!!!! I LOVED your ring (so pretty) and I'm so happy for you! I can remember back when you told me you would NEVER get married...makes you wonder what you'll be saying next year!!!!

I am happy for you! Congrats

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

omg imelda your story about the "iPad" is hilarious.

Kimberly!lol don't get carried away. the day after we get married, or lives will look exactly the same. not so with kids.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

HMMMMMM, Tina, I didn't even mention kids...isn't it funny though that YOU DID????

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

My kids funny story for today...oldest one takes little ones out to play in snow. Rowyn and Baelin dive face first into snow on purpose, and Brandt says "hey, what are you doing, are you guys idiots?" (Not being serious...but something only a big brother can say without it sounding awful) Rowyn says, "HEY, We aren't idiots!" and Baelin comes to his defense and says "YES WE ARE!"

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
HMMMMMM, Tina, I didn't even mention kids...isn't it funny though that YOU DID????

oh PUHLEASE. I know how your mind works. lol Besides, kids are the first thing people jump to after talk of getting married.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Tina I am so happy for you!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Add me in again.

Christmas was great, I have married into an amazing family and it was wonderful spending the last 4 days with them. Monday was all about packing up the van and driving up to visit with them. Once the littlest ones were in bed we helped the in-laws wrap the bikes they bought for several of the grandkids. The Christmas tree was covered by presents. All 3 of my dmil's sons were home for Christmas with 4 grandkids and my older 2 too. They treat them like part of the family. Couch was covered by filled stockings. Here is the difference between my girls and the other 2 grand kids. My dds loved and excited with their gifts, especilly their colouring books and crayons were as the boys commented "is that it." So glad my kids just love to open presents and are happy with anything they recieve and they thanked everyone for what they received.

Favouite present would have to be the beautiful watch my dh surprised me with.

Favourite present given would be the large outdoor remote Helicopter that the kids gave to dh.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Drayia

Well Sandra I love boiled peanuts too. I would have loved that. I got most of the men in my life, Dane, Jarrod, Tony and John, big bags of pistachios. I Also bought Tony a case of Pepsi. LOL!! He said he's all set for some movie time now!!

Fav gotten: It's hard to decide. The Pandora bracelet is probably the most thoughtful and romantic gift I've ever gotten, but the annual pass to Universal and Islands of Adventure is definitely the most fun. So I guess it would depend on which mood I'm in on what day.

Given: Oh I'm sure it was John's leather Harley jacket I got him. It's a classic replica and he LOVES it!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Imelda, that ipad story is a riot. Not sure how the game works but the idea of it is funny all by itself.

Pink, your kids story is too funny. Totally something kids would say isn't it?

I worked until 9pm tonight. So tired, so I'll see you ladies later. I'm off to shower and bed. Have to do it again tomorrow.

OH HELLO new ladies. Can't wait to get to know you better so we can make fun of your stories. LOL!!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Love all ya happy stories

Fav received I called home an my daughter tells me all about what Santa bought her she was so excited made me happy

Given her easy bake oven she loves to cook we already made pizzas in it

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
My kids funny story for today...oldest one takes little ones out to play in snow. Rowyn and Baelin dive face first into snow on purpose, and Brandt says "hey, what are you doing, are you guys idiots?" (Not being serious...but something only a big brother can say without it sounding awful) Rowyn says, "HEY, We aren't idiots!" and Baelin comes to his defense and says "YES WE ARE!"

Lol love it

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to babigirl

"OH HELLO new ladies. Can't wait to get to know you better so we can make fun of your stories. LOL!!!" (said Deb-doodle)

(said Marci)

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to MarciLB

HI Marci - good to see you over here!

We drove up to Cleveland on Sunday and spent Christmas with our Sweet Abigail. She is such a darling baby girl. She loved the pressies that Papaws Santa and Grandy gave her and played with them all evening Christmas Eve. I had found a story book on "Little Town of Bethlehem" that had lights for stars and played the song. The different light kept blinking on and off. She loved that book. We also had gotten her the Fisher Price first dollhouse that has sounds, she kept making the toilet flush. We got her her some other pressies too, but those were the favorites.
Brooke and Todd had friends over for their Christmas Eve fondue dinner. That is always fun. Their friend had a beautiful exchange teen from Belgium.
Christmas morning Abigail did sleep late, what a relief that was. She came downstairs to see all the toys that Santa had brought and was so surprised. She was like where am I and where did all this fun stuff come from. It was priceless to see her enjoy everything and go from one thing to another to play. We had so much fun with her. She had a huge Christmas between us, Santa, other grandparents, aunts and uncles and more extended family and friends.
Todd had gotten the messages about the blizzard headed toward them and flights were already being canceled, so we decide about 8pm to head toward home. We made it as far as south of Cincinnati and spent the night, then got up and heading home. The roads started out good and then the Interstate was down to one lane. We passed a lot of wrecked cars from the wee morning hours. The good part the further south we got the better the roads got. The snow was so pretty and I hated leaving it. I suggested that dh drive home by himself and I would just stay and enjoy the snow with Abigail. He didn't think so.
I must have been super tired for I have slept most of the way home and been sleeping a lot since we got home too.

Best presents given would have been the book for Abigail and received was spending her first Christmas with her.

Tina congrats on the the engagement ring. I know it is beautiful. I am looking forward to hearing all your wedding plans.

Hmmm shouldn't there be a retreat with another wedding shower?

How is everyone doing with the snow blizzard?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Trisha, that all looks so beautiful. What a great way to get out and meet your new neighbors. I bet they all loved you to bits didn't they?

Oh Tina, we know how you are with Jason. The kitchen comes second! LOL!!It's not all men that can say they have a woman as 'interested' as you are!!! LOL!! John could say that though. LOL!!!!

The kitchen comes second with me too - even though it exasperates him!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
We had an amazing Christmas. I had a house full and it was wonderful!!! Dane, Bree and the kids. Bree's parents, Annette and Werner. Jarrod, Teresa and the kids, along with Teresa's mom, Cathy. Michelle, Tony and Braxton. My sister Jodi, her bf Joe and son Gage. And of coarse John. My neighbors Michelle and Mark even came by for a few minutes.

John so spoiled me this year. I had ask for a day with him to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. He didn't stop there, he bought annual passes!!!! I can't wait to go with him. We've never gone to any of the theme parks together.

He bought me a Pandora bracelet with 5 beads, and a leather shirt to wear on his Harley when he gets it. I bought him a leather Harley Jacket so we're all set when he gets his bike. I also bought him a Harley shirt, ball cap and koozie. He said he felt spoiled so I did my job. LOL!!

Whats a koozie?!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Hi Marci! Hi Andrea! Lovely to see new people joining this happy band of pilgrims!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Hi ladies!!!! I'm so exhausted!!
Just finished catching up. Not sure if I remember everything but here goes...

Rebecca - feel better soon
Tina- your ring sounds pretty! Congratulations on the ring!!!
Trisha- so sorry about your mil issues. I didn't know it was possible to hang something backwards. How was she after that?

Linz- hope you're also feeling better

We had a very busy past few days
My side of the fam celebrates Christmas Eve so dh and I hosted. We have 30+ people over for dinner. Made turkey and pozole. Yum. Did our traditional secret Santa exchange. We incorporated minute to win it games too.
Christmas Day we did our morning with the kids and then went to lunch at my fil's. we then went to dh's grandmothers for dinner at 4. I tried to get them to play some games too but they are such party poopers. Yesterday we went to my mil's. that was fun too. Slept over and had breakfast this morning. Now we are at my parents since they have some gifts for the kids.

Phew!!!

No plans for New Years yet. Some friends want us to host a party again but i don't really feel like it Lol

Whats pozole? And do you have a recipe so that we can all try it, especially me? I love getting everyone's recipes!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
omg imelda your story about the "iPad" is hilarious.

Kimberly!lol don't get carried away. the day after we get married, or lives will look exactly the same. not so with kids.

I'm with Kimberly on this - how many more 'never events' are going to be happening with Ms Mello?!!

Are you changing your name, Tina?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

A retreat with another wedding shower sounds cool, but we know that Tina hates those surprises so it would have to be a very classy shower with no surprises! Right, Tina?!

I got so many lovely things it would be hard to decide which is best! Dh had bought me the necklace in Hawaii - gold palm tree with three tenny-tiny diamond coconuts on it!

Ds1 gave me Chanel perfume (not the cologne) which he cannot afford but bought anyway - that means alot to me. Dd gave me the most beautiful very soft pair of bright pink leather gloves - I had a lovely pair previously - navy with pink trim, and she lost one when she borrowed them and went to London! These are so much more gorgeous - and smell yummy too!

Josh gave me the biography of Lady Nancy Astor, the first woman member of parliament in the UK. I heard an excerpt on the radio a month or so ago, and mentioned it to him, so it was well remembered on his part! Its incredible that she was seriously bullied and sexually harrassed by her male colleagues, and yet still stuck it out for two years before there was another female MP. I am really looking forward to reading it!

Hard to know who loved what most, but we bought a book for Neil's dgd - he hasnt seen her before as his ex had effectively forbidden her children from seeing their dad, but they are all grown-up, and his middle daughter decided she would be brave and meet dad and grandparents. The book we got was a 'scratch and sniff' one - all Christmas smells - apple and cinnamon and chocolate and mint etc - and we have the sweetest photo of 8 year old Isabella reading it to little Jasmine, who has her nose pressed to the book! I will have to scrap that one!

Edited by RachelUK on 12-28-12 05:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Ok I maybe having a moment here but I didn't see any pics of Tina's ring? How did you see it Kimberly? As far as I read Tina was not comfortable in posting a pic...

Christmas was uneventful at our house the boys were spoiled rotten I will post pictures once I upload them from my camera...

But On December 26 I wanted to wring my now 10 year old Brian's neck... We are sitting here Tom was on the computer I was reading my Kobo and the boys playing video games all of a sudden Brian says " Worst Christmas ever" His father and I asked him why he said he did not get what he wanted I told Brian when he made his list he would not get everything on it. He said " I didn't get Sea Monkey" I looked at my husband i was so upset Tom sent Brian to his room and told him we could pack up all his gifts and give them to a child who did not receive anything at least the child would be grateful. Brian spent a while up in his room he did not like his father's sugestion, but he really hurt my feelings and I let him know he did.. He has been super sweet and nice since then

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Charisma3103

Kids Janie - what can you do with them? He'll no doubt remember it as a wonderful Christmas once he gets over himself!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

You have to see this one, girls - its hysterical!

Hey Honey... Why did you pack 3 deodorants? By Henri Jean

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Charisma3103

• Charisma3103 Said:
Ok I maybe having a moment here but I didn't see any pics of Tina's ring? How did you see it Kimberly? As far as I read Tina was not comfortable in posting a pic...

Christmas was uneventful at our house the boys were spoiled rotten I will post pictures once I upload them from my camera...

But On December 26 I wanted to wring my now 10 year old Brian's neck... We are sitting here Tom was on the computer I was reading my Kobo and the boys playing video games all of a sudden Brian says " Worst Christmas ever" His father and I asked him why he said he did not get what he wanted I told Brian when he made his list he would not get everything on it. He said " I didn't get Sea Monkey" I looked at my husband i was so upset Tom sent Brian to his room and told him we could pack up all his gifts and give them to a child who did not receive anything at least the child would be grateful. Brian spent a while up in his room he did not like his father's sugestion, but he really hurt my feelings and I let him know he did.. He has been super sweet and nice since then

Kids are always saying something they don't think about how it comes across...sometimes adults do too(me especially!). Lol

I saw Tina's ring through text messages...you aren't losing it janie!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

I just read that story, too funny!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I texted the ring to Kimberly. I'm a little paranoid about stories I've heard of posting expensive things or money or what not on different websites, and then suddenly your robbed. Better to be safe than sorry.

Rachel - I haven't decided yet about the last name. I'm leaning towards changing it legally, but using my maiden name professionally, since I have recognition in my field.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Here's part of a marriage-related conversation with my dad at Christmas (some is paraphrased):

Him: It's high time men can finally go after women for everything they've got, and not just the other way around.

me: that's what pre-nups are for.

him: you'd never do that, you're a catholic.

me: I'm not a catholic, and what does one have to do with the other?

him: you've been baptized and made communion, you're a catholic. if not, what are you?

me: I didn't make confirmation because I don't identify as being a catholic.

him: well you won't be able to get married in a church then!

me: I have no intention of getting married in a church.

him: why wouldn't you get married in a church? (can you tell at this point that he's not actually listening to me?)

me: (at this point I've run out of patience and I'm trying to avoid getting into an outright argument about religion, so I go for the easy answer) because Jason is JEWISH!!

him: oh well, that's a good reason.

lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

You should have seen the speechless look on his face when I told him about wanting to get married at the funeral home drive-thru!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Oh Tina, thanks for sharing that conversaion with your dad!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I just read three pages and should have taken notes to respond...mostly I remember RAchel asking what a koozie is.
Rachel A koozie is something you can place around a can, bottle or glass that insulates it. Some businesses have their logo on it, many times you see it with a team logo or in Deb's case probably the Harley logo.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

between the deodorant story and Tina's I have had plenty of laughs already this morning:)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

Rebecca, how are you feeling?

Some days, my dad is a trip. At christmas he even started talking about how we could adopt if we changed our minds about having kids some day. This is the man who spent the last 25 years talking about what a waste marriage and children were, what a drain they are on your mental and financial resources, etc etc. Not even 5 years ago (when I was 32), he said to me "don't you think you'd be too old to start having children now?" Mind you, this is a man who had his first kid when he was 19, and I wasn't talking about me having children, but about a friend. NOW he's brainstorming options for me? lmao

Anyway, I'm off to have lunch with a friend, hagd.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to MarciLB

• sasload4 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

gave-DS1 and ddil a baby crib
received-a watch with a purple band from DS3. He works in a giftshop/pharmacy, saw it there and came up with the idea all on his own. I have a watch addiction:) Even wrapped beautifully!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
Rebecca, how are you feeling?

Some days, my dad is a trip. At christmas he even started talking about how we could adopt if we changed our minds about having kids some day. This is the man who spent the last 25 years talking about what a waste marriage and children were, what a drain they are on your mental and financial resources, etc etc. Not even 5 years ago (when I was 32), he said to me "don't you think you'd be too old to start having children now?" Mind you, this is a man who had his first kid when he was 19, and I wasn't talking about me having children, but about a friend. NOW he's brainstorming options for me? lmao

Anyway, I'm off to have lunch with a friend, hagd.

I am feeling quite a bit better today, thanks for asking. Just achy and sore and a bit of a lingering headache. But knowing that I have friends coming this evening for a weekend crop is spurring me on to wellness.

I am moving a bit slower than normal so I may wait until my friends arrive to set up tables and prepare some if the meals. Normally I would be all set with everything but I am not feeling 100% so I'll count on their help.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hope both of you Tina's have a great day!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

So funny, I'm still laughing!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to sasload4

that Deodorant story was hilarious.

I had a nice lunch with my friend. it's become a tradition for us to have lunch in the city during the holiday week that I have off from work. I'm not sure I've seen her since we had lunch last year. a few years ago she went back to school in addition to working full-time, and no one hardly sees her anymore. But now she just finished with school, so I'm hoping I'll see her again before next christmas!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Today I've moved my scrap room back from being a spare bedroom to something of a scrap studio again - I intend to have a big tidy-up at the same time, so its not all done yet, but at least I could scrap a little!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

I need to tidy my room too, but have been working on other clutter areas instead.

Tina glad you have a great lunch date.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to tinadn

Hi Shatema thanks.
I have to go back and read so I can catch up with everyone. We just got our house so im cleaning and unpacking.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

Hello ladies how is all. I'm doing well. I'm just chilling ready to get a new round started

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
"OH HELLO new ladies. Can't wait to get to know you better so we can make fun of your stories. LOL!!!" (said Deb-doodle)

(said Marci)

Yes this is a great group we have laughed together. We have prayed together loved each other. Not to mention they have been rock for me. I love these ladies

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

Suzy I agree a retreat/wedding shower. Your Christmas sounds wonderful.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

Janie sorry about that Kids sometimes they can be so ungrateful but I am sure he knows he was blessed.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Love this I died laughing.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to babigirl

How long has this group been doing this?...there is SO MUCH activity--my brain can't remember it all!!!...lol...but i had seen that LO on the deoderant after it was posted and got a good laugh!

Fav gift received....my son picked a really sweet card-even had pink bling hanging on it!

fav gift given....I completed a donation at DonorsChoose.org for a teacher in NJ at an impoverished school...I have been doing that at this time each year....

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

Tina that is funny

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to babigirl

Favorite Gift given:
Steampuck guitar i made for my son used over70 watches all taken apart.
Son's life in Scrapbook. In total 5 scrapbook with over 40 pages each. He cried when he saw them!!!!!!!

Favorite Gift received: My brother and BFF gave me a brand new Dell laptop!!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
We had an amazing Christmas. I had a house full and it was wonderful!!! Dane, Bree and the kids. Bree's parents, Annette and Werner. Jarrod, Teresa and the kids, along with Teresa's mom, Cathy. Michelle, Tony and Braxton. My sister Jodi, her bf Joe and son Gage. And of coarse John. My neighbors Michelle and Mark even came by for a few minutes.

John so spoiled me this year. I had ask for a day with him to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. He didn't stop there, he bought annual passes!!!! I can't wait to go with him. We've never gone to any of the theme parks together.

He bought me a Pandora bracelet with 5 beads, and a leather shirt to wear on his Harley when he gets it. I bought him a leather Harley Jacket so we're all set when he gets his bike. I also bought him a Harley shirt, ball cap and koozie. He said he felt spoiled so I did my job. LOL!!

Whats a koozie?!

Rachel, a koozie, is a thing you put your beer or soda in to keep it cold. Single beverages that is. The one I got him is shaped like a bottle for bottled beer. You put your beer in it and zip it up the side. They also make them for cans.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Today I've moved my scrap room back from being a spare bedroom to something of a scrap studio again - I intend to have a big tidy-up at the same time, so its not all done yet, but at least I could scrap a little!

I have moved a bunch of my scrap stuff into the dining room for a while since I am having 2 weekend crops in a row.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Did you know they now make computer keyboards that are washable/dishwasher safe? I just bought one! My keyboard was so disgusting from food crumbs and what not, that even when I clean it (which it desperately needed), I still can't get all the crud out. So I went online to order a new one, and discovered the washable ones! how cool is that. I suppose the other possibility is to stop eating around my computer lol.

Jason and I are having a late lunch with his sister and her dh today to talk wedding planning, woohoooo.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Hi ladies.

We had a different Christmas here. We moved from Wa state to Idaho about 4 months ago. We live where almost everything for sale is a short sale. So for christmas we were in a 20x 20 rental cabin. no tree or anything. I still tried to make it wonderful for the kids. but it was hard to be in the spirit of things. We closed on our house on thurs so that was our Christmas present. My parents will be coming to visit at the end of the month and we are going to have Christmas with them with a big traditional dinner.

Im looking forward to getting to know all of you. I just hope i can keep up.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to amabear62

• amabear62 Said:
Favorite Gift given:
Son's life in Scrapbook. In total 5 scrapbook with over 40 pages each. He cried when he saw them!!!!!!!

Do you have a photo of the guitar? It sounds fabulous!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Tina scraps Said:
Did you know they now make computer keyboards that are washable/dishwasher safe? I just bought one! My keyboard was so disgusting from food crumbs and what not, that even when I clean it (which it desperately needed), I still can't get all the crud out. So I went online to order a new one, and discovered the washable ones! how cool is that. I suppose the other possibility is to stop eating around my computer lol.

Jason and I are having a late lunch with his sister and her dh today to talk wedding planning, woohoooo.

I had no idea-what a genius idea tho!~

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to andrea m

Hi ladies. I am leaving for a crop soon then to in-laws tomorrow for another Christmas get together. I probably won't check in again until MOnday. So have a great weekend.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Happy Saturday!

Tina: I hope you have fun and get a ton done at the crop

amabear62: I would love to see the guitar as well!

Rebecca: Feel better soon! Hugs....

Andrea: I hear you about the moving and holidays.

I told Andy that this was the "worst" Christmas. I did not get to enjoy the Holiday season or being with family. Everything was out of sorts and I was and am just mentally worn out.
Moving, living in construction, and only getting half unpacked before the family comes to visit is a real "B".

Janie: So sorry your feeling got hurt. You are a great Mom and he will get over it. Now what in the heck is a Sea Monkey?

Shatema: Are you settling into and enjoying the new home?

Tina: I am so happy for you Do you and Jason have plans for New Year’s Eve?

My excitement for the day is the installation of new doors. I had a sliding glass door in the family room. I am not a fan of sliding doors so I ordered contemporary looking French doors to replace them. The door guys are here this morning putting them in a long with a new back door.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Hi ladies.

We had a different Christmas here. We moved from Wa state to Idaho about 4 months ago. We live where almost everything for sale is a short sale. So for christmas we were in a 20x 20 rental cabin. no tree or anything. I still tried to make it wonderful for the kids. but it was hard to be in the spirit of things. We closed on our house on thurs so that was our Christmas present. My parents will be coming to visit at the end of the month and we are going to have Christmas with them with a big traditional dinner.

It's great to meet you Andrea. You can keep up!!! You just have to stop doing anything else. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • amabear62 Said:
Favorite Gift given:

Do you have a photo of the guitar? It sounds fabulous!

Oh, I want to see it also!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Trisha, I'm not a fan of sliders either. Eventually they get so hard to open and close. I took mine out in favor of french doors also.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:

When they come up with a dishwasher safe laptop I'll be in business. LOL!!

amabear62
Resident
amabear62

Can someone tell me how to post a pic? I dan't figure it out.

Thanks

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to andrea m

That deodorant story was so cute!! Love her end.. She saves his life daily. Too funny!!

Rachel- pozole is hominy soup. A very traditional Mexican meal. It varies between regions in Mexico but I love it with chicken. It includes chile, and is garnished with lettuce, nachos, radish, onions and lime. Mmmm. I'll have to type up the recipe for you.

Andrea- nice to meet you. How did you hear about this swap and wonderful group of ladies?

Annette- I too would love to see the guitar

Hope all you ladies have fun this weekend... Dinners and crops and whatnot.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Annette. To post a pic u have to upload it to your gallery allowing public embedding. Then you click share/link and copy the img URL code and paste into your message. It looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo but it works.

That's the only way I know how to. Some of the ladies post from their picasa or photobucket or something but I don't have that

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Make sure you do copy and paste the link for forums or it won't work.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I have very few surveys turned in...please get them to me as soon as possible. Thank you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to MarciLB

Have you guys seen the new commercial for the new item they've come up with instead of snuggies? They are called "forever lazy". They are liked blanket sleepers for adults. The commercial is hilarious because it shows people out doing everything wearing them...having company over at your house (and all the guests are wearing them too), hanging outside with friends, going shopping, and to appeal to guys, they show a bunch of guys watching sports and drinking with their forever lazys on!) They even have people having a tailgate party wearing them. Then for the most important selling point..."have to go?, no problem!" forever lazy's have the drop seat in the back so you don't even have to take them off to use the restroom. I laughed my butt off (then promptly ordered a lifetime supply of them! Just kidding!)

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to MarciLB

Watch for a good laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDs1rMzn5ew

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
How long has this group been doing this?...there is SO MUCH activity--my brain can't remember it all!!!...lol...but i had seen that LO on the deoderant after it was posted and got a good laugh!

Fav gift received....my son picked a really sweet card-even had pink bling hanging on it!

fav gift given....I completed a donation at DonorsChoose.org for a teacher in NJ at an impoverished school...I have been doing that at this time each year....

I believe they have been doing this for years. I have only been here for 10 months but feel like i have known them forever.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Tina scraps Said:

How exciting

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Hi ladies.

Congrats on the closing of the house. Iknow yall have been waiting for this I am glad it's final official

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Hi ladies. I am leaving for a crop soon then to in-laws tomorrow for another Christmas get together. I probably won't check in again until MOnday. So have a great weekend.

Enjoy I hope you have a great time.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Now Tina, I know exactly what to get you and Jason as a wedding gift... acouple of forever lazy wear and you too can go anywhere!

Page 3 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics