Page 4 of 44 
Username Post: Jan.~March Secret Sisters...closed for this round        (Topic#1583319)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Trisha aI am enjoying the new house. Two of my friends came over to see the new house on last night it was very nice and enjoying. How are things at your new house?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

I've been here since I had a new preemie baby at home (my youngest Baelin) and he just turned four in November...so it's been almost 4 years for me...and Debbie, Rosita, and Rebecca were here before me for at least one round. So, we have been through a LOT together...but we LOVE when new people join in the fun! You will feel like you've been here forever in no time! Welcome to our looney bin...hope you'll stay!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Seriously, is there anything we have NOT been through in this group???? I can't think of even one thing that we haven't!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Our looney bin now that made me laugh but I guess we are a little crazy

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to babigirl

I feel at home in the Looney bin

Doors are installed and look great. I put a pot of Guinness beef stew on to cook all afternoon. I plan on putting on my pjs and curling up on the sofa in the family room for the rest of the evening and doing nothing.

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to TrishaLouise

steampunk guitar By Amabear62

Edited by amabear62 on 12-29-12 03:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

JCI

RACHEL - Did you get some tidying done in your scrappy room?

TINADN - Have a wonderful time!!

ANDREA M - Welcome, come in pull up a chair, sit down and make yourself at home!!
Congrats. on your new home.
Enjoy your Christmas when you get to celebrate it, and take time to enjoy your Christmas dinner!!

JANICE - Sorry for you son being a 'snoot', hope he has learned his lesson, and apologised to you?

MARCI - I'm one of the babes in the group. This is just my third round. Super bunch of ladies, just wonderful!!!

AMABEAR - Did you receive the envelope I mailed?
A steampunk guitar sounds amazing, and I like the rest of the ladies would love to see it.

DEB - Is Islands of Adventure, a water park or a Six Flags sort of thing?

TINA SCRAPS - WOWSA!!! What's next? I'll have to tell my DH about the dishwasher safe keyboard. He'll have to research it and want one I'm sure.
Did you get much accomplished with the wedding plans?

TRISHA - I detest sliding doors!!! H-A-T-E- them!!
What's the recipe for the Guiness Beef Stew? I love stews.

IMELDA - I would love the recipe for Pozole.

KIMBERLY - So for Valentine's Day you want a 'Forever Lazy' that's what you're really saying right?
How preemie was Baelin?
Your kiddos have such lovely names.

House to myself, YAY. Getting caught up on threads, getting some challenges and swaps done, and then I'm going to read. Leftovers for dinner tonight got enough to share if anyone's interested! LOL.

BBL

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

RACHEL - Did you get some tidying done in your scrappy room?

TINADN - Have a wonderful time!!

ANDREA M - Welcome, come in pull up a chair, sit down and make yourself at home!!
Congrats. on your new home.
Enjoy your Christmas when you get to celebrate it, and take time to enjoy your Christmas dinner!!

JANICE - Sorry for you son being a 'snoot', hope he has learned his lesson, and apologised to you?

MARCI - I'm one of the babes in the group. This is just my third round. Super bunch of ladies, just wonderful!!!

AMABEAR - Did you receive the envelope I mailed?
A steampunk guitar sounds amazing, and I like the rest of the ladies would love to see it.

DEB - Is Islands of Adventure, a water park or a Six Flags sort of thing?

TINA SCRAPS - WOWSA!!! What's next? I'll have to tell my DH about the dishwasher safe keyboard. He'll have to research it and want one I'm sure.
Did you get much accomplished with the wedding plans?

TRISHA - I detest sliding doors!!! H-A-T-E- them!!
What's the recipe for the Guiness Beef Stew? I love stews.

IMELDA - I would love the recipe for Pozole.

KIMBERLY - So for Valentine's Day you want a 'Forever Lazy' that's what you're really saying right?
How preemie was Baelin?
Your kiddos have such lovely names.

House to myself, YAY. Getting caught up on threads, getting some challenges and swaps done, and then I'm going to read. Leftovers for dinner tonight got enough to share if anyone's interested! LOL.

BBL

NO...that Is NOT what I was SAYING! I do not need an outfit to advertise what I already am...forever LAZY!!!

Actually, out of the 7 kids, only the FIRST one was full term, went into labor exactly one day after my due date. The next three were all induced labors 2-5 weeks before the due date because of preeclampsia. The last three were all preemies. Tauryn was born 7 weeks early, Rowyn was 6 weeks early, and Baelin was born 11 weeks early. He had many complications and it was a long hard road but he is just a little ball of attitude now that he is 4! Thank you for the compliments on my kids names too! I put a lot of time and thought into them all...I never wanted them to have a common name like I had! I think that is one of the reasons that I DETEST to be called Kim because there were a million Kims everywhere but there aren't that many that prefer to be called Kimberly. That's one of the reasons anyway!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I actually got to bring Rowyn home from the hospital weighing 3lbs. 12 oz. because she was perfectly healthy with no issues at all except for being so small. I LOVED trying to find clothes to fit her tiny little self. Acutally, american girl doll clothes were the only outfits that even remotely fit her...preemie clothes were just HUGE!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

She was my little teacup baby!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Let me tell you all, I would say I was totally ready for school to start back if I didn't have to go along with them for work! It takes all the fun out of sending them!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• TrishaLouise Said:

Doors are installed and look great. I put a pot of Guinness beef stew on to cook all afternoon. I plan on putting on my pjs and curling up on the sofa in the family room for the rest of the evening and doing nothing.

Me too Trisha! Glad the doors look great and stew sounds yummy! You just need some forever lazys and you'd be set for the night!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
Now Tina, I know exactly what to get you and Jason as a wedding gift... acouple of forever lazy wear and you too can go anywhere!

I think the snuggies are hilarious. It's just a backwards bathrobe from what I can see. Put on a sweater for heaven's sake lol

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to Tina scraps

Yes Sandra I Did Sorry i though I posted they was Delightful!!! Thanks so much!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

We had a good chat with Julie and her husband today about the wedding party. It was very informative, and I really appreciate all the help they're giving. Not only are they hosting the party at their house, but Tony works at a printing/stationery company (which I had forgotten) and offered to do the invitation for us! We just need to meet him at work one night after work in the next couple of weeks. And Julie offered to receive/handle the RSVPs.

I told them I didn't want to exploit them, and they both said that we haven't *asked* them for anything, if they're offering, it's fine. Which is nice but I still feel a little guilty. I paid for lunch today, but that hardly seems a comparison!

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora

I want some of Trisha's stew too. mmm

Andrea, you cannot keep up. That's why I had to join again, still trying to figure these ladies out!

I had 2 preemies as well. Does that earn me a key to the looney bin? Cuz I'm there, for sure.

I cannot wait for this one to start, I'm more prepared, my scrap room is clean and ready for me to create, and I'm hanging a chart on the wall to keep track of how many cards or layouts I complete this year. My goal? 2 layouts a week, 5 cards a week.

Okay, off to drink some more hot lemonade and try to find my voice. Still sick, second round of antibiotics and prednisone. Hate asthma.
Dora

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
We had a good chat with Julie and her husband today about the wedding party. It was very informative, and I really appreciate all the help they're giving. Not only are they hosting the party at their house, but Tony works at a printing/stationery company (which I had forgotten) and offered to do the invitation for us! We just need to meet him at work one night after work in the next couple of weeks. And Julie offered to receive/handle the RSVPs.

I told them I didn't want to exploit them, and they both said that we haven't *asked* them for anything, if they're offering, it's fine. Which is nice but I still feel a little guilty. I paid for lunch today, but that hardly seems a comparison!

That's great news Tina! And don't for a minute feel guilty! If she offered, she certainly WANTS to do it!!!! I'm so happy for you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

My work got me a snuggie last year...I HATED it! You are right, it is a backwards bathrobe without the belt.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

My co-worker said she put the snuggie in her car and used it while her heater was warming up, I thought that was a good idea for it! I certainly wouldn't wear it at home when I could be in my forever lazy! LOL!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Trisha aI am enjoying the new house. Two of my friends came over to see the new house on last night it was very nice and enjoying. How are things at your new house?

Good for you Shatema! Glad you had a good time!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

just reading and taking it alllllllllllll in!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to MarciLB

I found a new recipe for Red Velvet Cake that claims to be the very best one. After going back to the store 3 times to get everything, I finally made it today. I do not make cakes from scratch so I don't have the normal things in the cabinet, baking powder and soda. It turned out really well and it is the very best recipe for it is super moist. When I make cakes its from a box and a simple sheet cake. My Mama and my step made beautiful and awesome tasting cakes. I did not inherit my Mama's baking talents nor did I develop any skills from Ester. I bought a Kitchen-Aid mixer before Thanksgiving and told dh that I was going to start baking more. I told him it was all in the mixer - lol.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Sassy Suzi

I LOVE Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, but my goal is to stay away from sweets and lose this weight as I have put on about another 10 lbs this Holiday season.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Drayia

Imelda's sister is going to do this swap too..just added her to front page. Welcome Linda!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I'm with you Shana! I don't even want to know how much weight I've put on! I refuse to get on the scale until I lose some weight! Although how will I know if I lost...hmmmmm, this is a great plan!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I found a new recipe for Red Velvet Cake that claims to be the very best one. After going back to the store 3 times to get everything, I finally made it today. I do not make cakes from scratch so I don't have the normal things in the cabinet, baking powder and soda. It turned out really well and it is the very best recipe for it is super moist. When I make cakes its from a box and a simple sheet cake. My Mama and my step made beautiful and awesome tasting cakes. I did not inherit my Mama's baking talents nor did I develop any skills from Ester. I bought a Kitchen-Aid mixer before Thanksgiving and told dh that I was going to start baking more. I told him it was all in the mixer - lol.

I LOVE my kitchen-aide mixer...it IS all in the mixer!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

The video is too funny! I actually saw those at the mall and I bought a snuggie for someone this Xmas I don't think I'd like one but I am always cold and looking for blankets.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

Love my mixer too!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to littleMRSimelda

I have been having so many hot flashes lately that I could not get that thing off quick enough. lol On the trip to OH I had a down blanket for dh and told him to wear his thick hoodie for I was not going to burn up for 10 hours. I haven't had bad flashes for a long time, and recently they are bad.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Hi ladies.

We had a different Christmas here. We moved from Wa state to Idaho about 4 months ago. We live where almost everything for sale is a short sale. So for christmas we were in a 20x 20 rental cabin. no tree or anything. I still tried to make it wonderful for the kids. but it was hard to be in the spirit of things. We closed on our house on thurs so that was our Christmas present. My parents will be coming to visit at the end of the month and we are going to have Christmas with them with a big traditional dinner.

Im looking forward to getting to know all of you. I just hope i can keep up.

Of course you can keep it up Andrea! You just have to get used to checking in regularly! I've been off line for a few days with Christmas - so three days to catch up on. Don't go on holiday though - you'll NEVER catch up!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
Have you guys seen the new commercial for the new item they've come up with instead of snuggies? They are called "forever lazy". They are liked blanket sleepers for adults. The commercial is hilarious because it shows people out doing everything wearing them...having company over at your house (and all the guests are wearing them too), hanging outside with friends, going shopping, and to appeal to guys, they show a bunch of guys watching sports and drinking with their forever lazys on!) They even have people having a tailgate party wearing them. Then for the most important selling point..."have to go?, no problem!" forever lazy's have the drop seat in the back so you don't even have to take them off to use the restroom. I laughed my butt off (then promptly ordered a lifetime supply of them! Just kidding!)

They're called 'onesies' over here and have become massively popular! My son in law got his wife one for Christmas, and I noticed ds's girlfriend had one too - but their flat is so cold, it seems like the best bit of clothing she could wear!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
  • Marcilb Said:
How long has this group been doing this?...there is SO MUCH activity--my brain can't remember it all!!!...lol...but i had seen that LO on the deoderant after it was posted and got a good laugh!

Fav gift received....my son picked a really sweet card-even had pink bling hanging on it!

fav gift given....I completed a donation at DonorsChoose.org for a teacher in NJ at an impoverished school...I have been doing that at this time each year....

I believe they have been doing this for years. I have only been here for 10 months but feel like i have known them forever.

Coming up to my 4th year!

I met Tina first, a few years ago, then went to the crop, and met a whole load of lovely girlfriends, then Suzette and Tina came to stay in the UK in September - and in between, we have the thread - its absolutely wonderful!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I just got up early to see Emily off - she rented a car and is driving back to the airport and meeting her boyfriend there, and they are flying back together.

I am driving up to see my mum again this afternoon - she is very poorly.

My brother flies in from Australia tomorrow, and will stay here over New Year's Eve - we have a spare ticket for the village party, so it worked out perfectly!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Thats it - all caught up. Going back to bed for a couple of hours. Dh has a tooth abscess which is really painful and wakes him up. I'm taking him a cup of tea as I go.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• TrishaLouise Said:

Sounds like you need some 'forever lazy' wear!!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to RachelUK

thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Imelda. I have been wanting to join a secret sisiter swap for awhile so i have just been checking the forum. I missed the sign up last time and just made it this time.

Shatema thanks. i know you can feel my moving pain. Are you all unpacked?

Sandra thanks for the wonderful welcome. Im excited to get to know everyone.

Tina congrats on the engagement. Its great that you have friends willing to help you. believe me take all the help you can get lol

Rachel I have only been able to check in once a day and already had 3 pages to read. I love it though.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Sandra, Islands of Adventure would probably be more like 6 flags. It's got different areas they call islands that have different themes. One island is Seuss land. It's mostly for kids but the land scapping is so cool. Very much like you see in the books. Funky trees and such. Then there's the wizarding world of Harry Potter with a ride. Marvel comics land where there's a Spider man 3-D ride, a Dudley do right boat ride over the falls. There's 3 roller coasters, A Jurassic Park ride etc etc. It's loads of fun!!! so is Universal Studios. I can't wait to go.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 12-30-12 06:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Good morning. It's 40 degrees here in sunny Florida today!! If I only had a 'forever lazy' outfit I'd be all set!! I think John and I are going to rent movies and chill all day. I'm so pooped for work the past few weeks. We went out to dinner last night and I almost fell asleep in the booth. LOL!!

We were going to go out to see one our favorite bands last night but I just couldn't do it. So we stayed home. John just left to go to the gym and I'm going to clean up the house some. I haven't done anything here since the Christmas party. It's not bad since the girls cleaned up quite a bit.

I need to fire that one girl I hired because she's only doing half the work she's supposed to do. I've been paying her for the whole house and I've gone over and over things with her that she's not doing. And she's still missing the same things over and over. I've had to go spend hours in her houses fixing them. Now she's begging for her job back. "I can and will do better" she says. Well why wasn't she??? Especially after I walked through the house pointing specific things out that weren't done. I told her I felt very taken advantage of.

She said I'm the best boss she ever had. Well of course I am. I'm paying her full price for her doing half the work. How awesome am I???? LOL!!She's playing the 'kid' card on me. John said to tell her I'm running a business not Social Services. Her kids are all old enough to go get jobs themselves. I had to pay Michelle to go help me clean up after her, plus I've paid Jodi and Susie to fix a couple of her houses. She's COSTING me money. I ask Jodi, "What didn't she do?" Jodi said, "The easier question to answer would be, what DID she do?"

I've had calls from the superintendents about how bad her work was. I've never had that in 25 years. The house I walked through with her and pointed out things she didn't do, I gave her the opportunity to go back and fix those things. She fixed 2 of the 8 or 9 things I showed her. I paid her $150 to clean that house and I guess it took her about 3 or 4 hours to do the things that she did do. That's just not acceptable. I feel bad for firing her and she's sending me texts, " Please, god, I need this job." I'm so torn......

Edited by Deb-doodle on 12-30-12 06:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Stick to your guns, you have a reputation{sp} to up hold and if she is costing you money and you are getting phone calls on the poor quality of her work you dont need that. You can only hold someone's hand so long. Maybe the next job she has she will put 100% effort into it to keep it. Now I am talking from a management view, you really dont need that on your team, in the end it will only cause you stress and headaches.

Heading out tomorrow to get the shopping all done for my New Years Murder Mystery party. Last year we did a Hawian themed one, this year is the Italian "mob" story. I have choosen not to do a meal this year, it will be all finger type foods and chocolate fondue as well. I am think that next year I might get brave and try an oil fondue as well

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Drayia

deb I wouldnt hire her back. it sounds like you gave her many chances to fix her mistakes. If she needed the job she would have done it. There is someone out there looking for a job that would be willing to work hard.

Shana sounds like a fun party. We used to throw a huge new years party. Since we moved to a new state we dont know anyone yet.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

I met Tina first, a few years ago, then went to the crop, and met a whole load of lovely girlfriends, then Suzette and Tina came to stay in the UK in September - and in between, we have the thread - its absolutely wonderful!

Wow, I must have slept through that visit to the UK! lmao

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora
In response to Drayia

Wow! I'm current on the posts! You ladies are so chatty, I have a hard time. Hoping when I get my old work computer up in my scrap room, all will be easier. I can just hibernate in there ALL DAY LONG. I'm loving my room lately!

Excited to see who my secret sister is, I'm raring to go!

Dora

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to grandmadora

Don't worry Dora and everyone else -once you get a basic foundation, it's kind of like a soap opera - you can disappear for months and come back and we're still in the middle of the same story line haha.

Deb, I can understand why you'd feel sympathy for the woman, but I think you're right to stand your ground, you do have to think of your business. You gave her opportunities to fix the mistakes and she kept making them, that's on her, not you. The text messages sound like she's trying to manipulate you at this point - can you block her phone number? Most phone services have that option.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Happy Sunday everyone hope you all have a good day

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Charisma3103

Afternoon ladies!

Andrea- I've been around for only about a year and a half. I found this group the same way you did although I didn't have enough posts to join and no one knew me. I hung around and got to know everyone and was able to participate after that. They are all so welcoming!

Deb- I would totally not hire her back. As some of the ladies have said, you have her a chance and she mucked it up. That's her fault. She needs to learn that she has to work hard and she only then will she get what she deserves. Don't feel bad. You did what you could and tried to help as much as you could. Time to think of your business now.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to andrea m

Thank you ladies... majority rules!!!! It was nice to get other perspectives on the problem.

Oh, and I didn't tell you that in one of the houses they had to replace two sliding glass door panels and a window that she scratched. Fortunately for me they didn't charge me for them. The super said, "You do too much for us Deb for us to back charge you for that." Thank you Jesus!!! I have liability insurance for such things, but I have a $500 deductible. So I'm lucky to have super supers. LOL!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I just got up early to see Emily off - she rented a car and is driving back to the airport and meeting her boyfriend there, and they are flying back together.

My brother flies in from Australia tomorrow, and will stay here over New Year's Eve - we have a spare ticket for the village party, so it worked out perfectly!

How nice it will be to have your brother home for a little while. At least you can say you've had family home for Christmas and New Year.
Sorry to read of how poorly your Mum is. Is she sick as like with cold, or is her illness taking a toll?
A village New Year party, that's fantastic. Enjoy yourselves!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• Deb-doodle Said:
Sandra, Islands of Adventure would probably be more like 6 flags. It's got different areas they call islands that have different themes. One island is Seuss land. It's mostly for kids but the land scapping is so cool. Very much like you see in the books. Funky trees and such. Then there's the wizarding world of Harry Potter with a ride. Marvel comics land where there's a Spider man 3-D ride, a Dudley do right boat ride over the falls. There's 3 roller coasters, A Jurassic Park ride etc etc. It's loads of fun!!! so is Universal Studios. I can't wait to go.

Sounds like screams of fun!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• Deb-doodle Said:
Good morning. It's 40 degrees here in sunny Florida today!! If I only had a 'forever lazy' outfit I'd be all set!! I think John and I are going to rent movies and chill all day. I'm so pooped for work the past few weeks. We went out to dinner last night and I almost fell asleep in the booth. LOL!!

We were going to go out to see one our favorite bands last night but I just couldn't do it. So we stayed home. John just left to go to the gym and I'm going to clean up the house some. I haven't done anything here since the Christmas party. It's not bad since the girls cleaned up quite a bit.

I need to fire that one girl I hired because she's only doing half the work she's supposed to do. I've been paying her for the whole house and I've gone over and over things with her that she's not doing. And she's still missing the same things over and over. I've had to go spend hours in her houses fixing them. Now she's begging for her job back. "I can and will do better" she says. Well why wasn't she??? Especially after I walked through the house pointing specific things out that weren't done. I told her I felt very taken advantage of.

She said I'm the best boss she ever had. Well of course I am. I'm paying her full price for her doing half the work. How awesome am I???? LOL!!She's playing the 'kid' card on me. John said to tell her I'm running a business not Social Services. Her kids are all old enough to go get jobs themselves. I had to pay Michelle to go help me clean up after her, plus I've paid Jodi and Susie to fix a couple of her houses. She's COSTING me money. I ask Jodi, "What didn't she do?" Jodi said, "The easier question to answer would be, what DID she do?"

I've had calls from the superintendents about how bad her work was. I've never had that in 25 years. The house I walked through with her and pointed out things she didn't do, I gave her the opportunity to go back and fix those things. She fixed 2 of the 8 or 9 things I showed her. I paid her $150 to clean that house and I guess it took her about 3 or 4 hours to do the things that she did do. That's just not acceptable. I feel bad for firing her and she's sending me texts, " Please, god, I need this job." I'm so torn......

How many chances does one get? She is taking advantage of you, your reputation and your business. Her boots are made for walking, they've walked all over you, now it's time to walk into another job!!! I once had a girl who I hired, but she needed time off for this and that, I had to let her go, and then she had the nuts to re-apply for the job, seeing nothing wrong with needing all the time off. Sorry sweetheart, NEXT....

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
Stick to your guns, you have a reputation{sp} to up hold and if she is costing you money and you are getting phone calls on the poor quality of her work you dont need that. You can only hold someone's hand so long. Maybe the next job she has she will put 100% effort into it to keep it. Now I am talking from a management view, you really dont need that on your team, in the end it will only cause you stress and headaches.

Heading out tomorrow to get the shopping all done for my New Years Murder Mystery party. Last year we did a Hawian themed one, this year is the Italian "mob" story. I have choosen not to do a meal this year, it will be all finger type foods and chocolate fondue as well. I am think that next year I might get brave and try an oil fondue as well

A Murder Mystery party how brilliant is that? I would love to attend one. Have a great time. Do you get dressed up for it?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to sasload4

Copying this from the old thread just to bring everyone up to speed:

Hi ladies! I'm seriously doing ok today, but my days have been up and down....Kayla broke up with me the day after Christmas. There is no explanation. As much as I thought things wouldn't work out a month ago, the last 3 weeks things had been improving. I had been happy for the last 3 weeks. Things were going very well! Then BAM! She just dropped this bomb--NO WARNING! So that was crushing. UGH! I couldn't believe it. My heart was completely crushed. I'm not over it (obviously) but after spending 2 days in bed, I am finally feeling ok enough to not sleep all day! I hope you all are doing well!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to amabear62

• amabear62 Said:

Love this

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to babigirl

Afternoon!

Checking in and catching up

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • Drayia Said:

A Murder Mystery party how brilliant is that? I would love to attend one. Have a great time. Do you get dressed up for it?

Yes we dress up for the part we are playing. Its wonderful because the kit is all self contained, invites, characters with dialog, menu plan etc. cost about $50 in Canada for it. You can find them at your local games store.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Tina scraps Said:
So, what was everyone's favorite gift this year? That you received and that you gave.

Received: obviously, the engagement ring. I went to the mall yesterday and got a ring guard for it, since it was loose, and I feel much more secure about it now. Several people advised me to do that instead of getting it sized right now, to wait for summer and see how much my fingers swell from the heat, before resizing it.

Given: probably Jason's new cell phone. It wasn't a surprise or anything, we went together to get it last month, but he was really excited about it and had been wanting a new one for over a year now.

Recceived - my new purse. I was really needing a new one, and didn't have time to find one pretty enough.

Given - I gave my dd who wants to be a vet a year's pass to the zoo. It made her cry. The best part is, it won't clutter her room.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Rosita

18 girls in this new round...yay!!

Please send in your surveys when you get a chance so Rebecca and I can get the names out.

Debbie~you are too nice...can I work for you? LOL!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Yes Sandra you're right. I stuck to my guns. She came by tonight to pick up her final pay check and brought back all of my equipment. It's over!! Whew!!!! I've only fired 2 other people in 25 years. LOL!!

Shana, the murder mystery party sounds so fun!!!! I would love that!!!

Megan, I'm so sorry about Kayla. Are you moving back home or staying in New Orleans? I know you'll do well in the end. Maybe the next relationship will be less draining. You know I've come a long way since Bruce's death 2 years ago. And I'm an old lady. LOL!!! Okay, past my 'prime' anyway. When one door closes another one opens. Remember that. I'm sure you'll find a happier and healthier relationship. I know I did...

Pink, of course you can!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Megan...just wanted you to know when you are ready to talk, give me a call or a text! Debbie is right...someone who is worthy of your love will come along!

Debbie~yay, I might just move to Florida and take a job! LOL!

Murder mystery things have always interested me! My parents and I were going to go away for a weekend retreat years ago in the Poconos and it was a muder mystery weekend...but, story of my life, I got pregnant and couldn't go. Now the only murder mystery I have is the mystery of why I'm not murdering all these kids! But your party sounds awesome!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

And fondue is our traditional Christmas eve dinner...steak and shrimp fondue, cheese fondue and chocolate fondue...I love Christmas eve. I think I just gained 5 lbs. remembering it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Deb-doodle Said:
Yes Sandra you're right. I stuck to my guns. She came by tonight to pick up her final pay check and brought back all of my equipment. It's over!! Whew!!!! I've only fired 2 other people in 25 years. LOL!!

Megan, I'm so sorry about Kayla. Are you moving back home or staying in New Orleans? I know you'll do well in the end. Maybe the next relationship will be less draining. You know I've come a long way since Bruce's death 2 years ago. And I'm an old lady. LOL!!! Okay, past my 'prime' anyway. When one door closes another one opens. Remember that. I'm sure you'll find a happier and healthier relationship. I know I did...

You are the only old lady I know who gets pictures with nice sayings over her head...mrs. golden~! You are certainly NOT an old lady!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Have a good night ladies!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

One more funny thing...sitting here with hubby and he asks about someone that was in another round...and then he causually says "she was a flaker anyway"! I told him it bothered me that he knew what a flaker was...he said it bothered him even more!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Deb - she scratched doors and windows that had to be replaced? well, that's just the clincher in addition to everything else, isn't it? glad you stuck to your guns.

Megan, I'm sorry to hear about you and Kayla. hugs.

littlemisslinda
Resident
littlemisslinda

Hellllllloooo ladies!!
I'm so excited to be apart of this swap!!
This will be my first swap, sooo totally happy to be apart of it!!
I'm Imelda's sister, and she's always talking about these swaps and showing off what u ladies send her!!
I hope everyone's holidays are going great and that Santa was good!!
I haven't been scrapbooking lately, but super super motivated to get back into it printed a huge ton of pictres at Costco...
Well I'm going to get back to cuddling my little one, he's sicky!!
(LoL - am I a bad mom to like when my kids are sick so I can get a good chunk of cuddling in?? ) Hehehehehe
Have a wonderful night!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

You are the only old lady I know who gets pictures with nice sayings over her head...mrs. golden~! You are certainly NOT an old lady!

Meow, meow!! Sorry I just had to

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

Welcome Linda, come in and make yourself at home, as you know Imelda already has. LOL.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

Wow, I must have slept through that visit to the UK! lmao

Tina she musta had you on her mind when she was typing away.

It was Tres and me!

Deb the scratch doors would have sent her away right then on top of the messes. I agree with what everyone else said and you do have a good reputation to keep.

I arrived here April 2010. I have took some time off and thus the reason for this time is that I am going to be gone a lot in Feb with the arrival of little Clara. I hope the Little doesn't stick with Clara.

Speaking of names we have a little girl at church with the sweetest name that I love - Anna Grace. She is anything but full of grace too - lol. She really is a pretty little girl, just at the terrible 3s now.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to sasload4

How cool that we have a nice big group for this swap! Welcome both old and new Sisters!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Need some input please. I am finally getting a new phone this week. Rosita you will finally stop hearing me say "I hate this phone!" I inherited the Lg Ally from the kid and hate it. I really loved my Blackberry, just hated the small screen. I love the fact that you can make the text as big as you wanted it and deleting emails was easy. So with all that said I am looking at these phones and would love your opinions of them if you have either of them.

iPhone 4s
Windows Phone 8X by HTC
Droid Razer (M or Cranberry) by Motorola

I don't want to pay the extra for the iphone 5 nor the Samsung Galaxy III S.

If I get the iphone I can do face time with my daughter and Abigail.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrapbrarian

I'm going to stay on the sidelines for now. Gotta keep stashing away some $ for this wedding party.

Considering that Jason originally said to me "if we just had a casual party, who would even come?", his tentative guest list is TWICE the size of mine! lol he did admit to possibly being irrational, thinking that no one would come. If you had a halloween or birthday or christmas party, who would come? How is it any different? People come to socialize and hang out.

I do think it's unlikely that some of our friends that are out of state may not be able to make it, but hey, if they can, great, if not, I understand. I don't know if she'll be able to pull it off, but I know my bff likes the idea of a weekend trip, it'll give them an excuse to visit the area, esp as both she and her dh have other friends around here too.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Megan so sorry about the breakup. We are here for you.

Suzi- I have the 4s and previous to that I had the blackberry torch. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPhone! The typing gets some used to but it's truly an amazon phone. I almost don't do anything via desktop anymore

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • babigirl Said:

Good for you Shatema! Glad you had a good time!

Thanks kimberly

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Sorry your mom is not doing well have lots of fun with ya brother

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Thats it - all caught up. Going back to bed for a couple of hours. Dh has a tooth abscess which is really painful and wakes him up. I'm taking him a cup of tea as I go.

Hope he feeds better

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:

Imelda. I have been wanting to join a secret sisiter swap for awhile so i have just been checking the forum. I missed the sign up last time and just made it this time.

Tina congrats on the engagement. Its great that you have friends willing to help you. believe me take all the help you can get lol

Rachel I have only been able to check in once a day and already had 3 pages to read. I love it though.

Yes I am finally all unpacked. Just finished tonight

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

Deb I agree I would not hire her back

Shana ya party sounds awesome

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Tina I loved the comparison to a soap opera

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Deb that is still funny

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Pink it is kinda funny he knows what a flaker is

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

So what is everyone's New Years Resolution

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Mine are to lose weight save money and be an even better mom then I was in 2012

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to babigirl

Just finished a LO. I couldn't make it work at first but here it is all finished, I'm off to bed now.

RELAX, REFRESH, RECHARGE!!! By Sasload4

SHATEMA - New Year's for me will be seeing in the New Year on the couch with a bottle of plonk! I'll be wishing my family in Scotland Happy New Year at 6:00pm central time.

To all of you out there, have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Remember it is amature night.
Here's a funny from a few years ago, New Year's.
We had a few friends over for the bells, one of our friends had to work, she's a police officer, but I told her to come by and fix a plate for her and her co-worker. One of my friends had a farting problem that night, and the police officer friend, when she came to the door, announced that she was coming to my house to investigate a NOISE DISTURBANCE!!!! We still laugh about that one to this day!!
Stay safe and have a great New Year's!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to babigirl

Good morning. I hope everyone has a good day.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Think 'Golden Girls'.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
Just finished a LO. I couldn't make it work at first but here it is all finished, I'm off to bed now.

RELAX, REFRESH, RECHARGE!!! By Sasload4

SHATEMA - New Year's for me will be seeing in the New Year on the couch with a bottle of plonk! I'll be wishing my family in Scotland Happy New Year at 6:00pm central time.

To all of you out there, have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Remember it is amature night.
Here's a funny from a few years ago, New Year's.
We had a few friends over for the bells, one of our friends had to work, she's a police officer, but I told her to come by and fix a plate for her and her co-worker. One of my friends had a farting problem that night, and the police officer friend, when she came to the door, announced that she was coming to my house to investigate a NOISE DISTURBANCE!!!! We still laugh about that one to this day!!
Stay safe and have a great New Year's!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Deb don't take her back!!!

I have been in this swap off and on for a couple of years. I have so much stuff I have been just chatting the last few rounds tho.

For the new year, I need to lose weight and be more organized.

NO big plans for tonight. Maybe playing cards with DS3 and his Dgf. This is the first year DS2 is legal to drink on New years and I will be a nervous mama!

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora

Happy New Year to all of you fine ladies! I wish you good health, wonderful memories with family and friends, and enough money to keep you scrappin'.

Dora

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to grandmadora

Thanks Dora. Same to you:)

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to tinadn

Happy New Years Eve everyone

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Charisma3103

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Sandra funny story

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Happy New years everyon

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to babigirl

Sandra, that's funny!

I don't get into new year's. I have some bad memories, too many people just use it as an excuse to get drunk and stupid. I don't create "new year's" resolutions, but only because I already have a bunch of personal goals I'm working on. I use New year's as a reason to recommit to those goals and recharge my motivation.

Jason's working 2-close today, so I'm on my own most of the day. He should be home before midnight, but I'm sure I'll be asleep then anyway.

HAGD

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Sandra thanks for the laugh.How funny.

The highlight of my day today is doing laundry, Yes I do mean that. I have been doing laundry at a laundry mat for 4 months. I have been spending $30.00 a week. Today I have my washer and dryer back and dont have to leave my house.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to andrea m

I've been switching out Christmas decor for snowman decor. Won't take tree down for a few days yet tho.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to tinadn

JCI

I'm so cold today, and the temps are not too bad. Drinking lots of tea to warm me up, off to eat some soup and see if that warms me up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Need some input please. I am finally getting a new phone this week. Rosita you will finally stop hearing me say "I hate this phone!" I inherited the Lg Ally from the kid and hate it. I really loved my Blackberry, just hated the small screen. I love the fact that you can make the text as big as you wanted it and deleting emails was easy. So with all that said I am looking at these phones and would love your opinions of them if you have either of them.

iPhone 4s
Windows Phone 8X by HTC
Droid Razer (M or Cranberry) by Motorola

I don't want to pay the extra for the iphone 5 nor the Samsung Galaxy III S.

If I get the iphone I can do face time with my daughter and Abigail.

I got a Droid Razer Max back in the Fall and I love it!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
  • andrea m Said:

Yes I am finally all unpacked. Just finished tonight

So happy you are all unpacked!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to scrapbrarian

I have had the Samsung Galaxy mesmerize for almost a year now. I am sure it is outdated:)

Edited by tinadn on 12-31-12 12:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Deb-doodle Said:

Love this Deb, so I'll ditto it!!

Page 4 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics